The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-20-2003, 08:21 PM   #1
Annúntindomeiel
Pile O'Bones

Annúntindomeiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting Soundtrack

Ok, say Howard Shore didn't write the music for Lord of the Rings. What contemporary, lyrical songs would be featured on The Lord of the Rings soundtracks?
Old 09-21-2003, 06:17 AM   #2
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Everything of Enya's. And there's this beautiful song by the Corrs (don't know the name) that would be great for Aragorn and Arwen.<BR>Rammstein performed a song in xXx called Feuer Frei which I think Denethor should die to.
Old 09-21-2003, 10:00 AM   #3
Finnguala
Wight

Finnguala has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Rammstein?!! I really don't think so!! ^^ It'd be cool though...
Old 09-21-2003, 10:42 AM   #4
Daisy Brambleburr
Shade of Carn Dûm

Daisy Brambleburr has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

I don't know about any particular song, but Dido has an amazing voice. I love her album, 'No Angel'. I think she's kind of appropriate.
Old 09-21-2003, 10:53 AM   #5
Aethelwine
Wight

Location: In Anórien, just outside Edoras, on a horse I "borrowed"...
Aethelwine has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Indeed, Enya would have worked well. And wat about Clanned? I'm listening to it right now, and I must say, it's very good.<P>But, to be honest, I'm glad that Howard did compose the music. It's beautiful and fits the movies perfectly.<P>Navaer!<P>Aethelwine.
Old 09-21-2003, 11:13 AM   #6
Sauron 666
Haunting Spirit

Sauron 666 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Summoning should do the soundtrack because they are the only musical entity that does justice to Tolkein's works and worlds. <BR> <A HREF="http://www.summoning.info/" TARGET=_blank>www.summoning.info/</A>
Sauron 666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 02:12 PM   #7
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Oh yes, Dido! I've related every one of her songs on 'No Angel' to Denethor, Finduilas, Boromir, and Faramir in various ways.
Old 09-21-2003, 04:33 PM   #8
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

Howard Shore did a great job writing the score for LOTR and I don't think anyone else could've done better.<P>But if the soundtrack for LOTR was made up of already existing songs, one song that would have to be included is 'My Immortal' by Evanescence. Amy Lee's voice is beautiful and the lyrics are so emotional.
Old 09-21-2003, 08:06 PM   #9
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Knight of Gondor has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Knight of Gondor
Silmaril

I don't think ANYONE could have done it better than Howard Shore did. I can't imagine it, anyway. The music was so incredibly fitted to the story, the scene. The soundtrack so emotionally perfect...I can recreate the movie in my head just from listening to the soundtrack.
Eagerly awaiting the REAL Return of the King - Jesus Christ! Revelation 19:11-16
Knight of Gondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 09:12 PM   #10
Angadraug
Animated Skeleton

Angadraug has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Well I know that the song that is used on TTT trailer, Requiem for a Dream, was done by Clint Mansell. I think that song is incredible so he might have been able to do some good.
Angadraug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 08:08 AM   #11
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
Sting

Quote:
one song that would have to be included is 'My Immortal' by Evanescence.
I agree. I just bought their cd and I listen to it over and over again. Otherwise a decent soundtrack should include Enya and Nightwish (the lead vocalist has an amazing voice!). Click here if you're interested in Nightwish. I have to add that they have made a song 'Elvenpath' which mentions Bilbo and the rings...

Last edited by dancing spawn of ungoliant; 01-12-2006 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Having a sweeping party...
dancing spawn of ungoliant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 08:20 AM   #12
Aethelwine
Wight

Location: In Anórien, just outside Edoras, on a horse I "borrowed"...
Aethelwine has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR><BR>one song that would have to be included is 'My Immortal' by Evanescence. <BR><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR><BR>I agree. I just bought their cd and I listen to it over and over again. Otherwise a descent soundtrack should include Enya and Nightwish(the lead vocal has an amazing voice!).click here if you're interested in Nightwish. I have to add that they have made a song 'Elvenpath' which mentions Bilbo and the rings...<BR><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I agree with both of you. I just can't listen to my immortal without thinking of Frodo and Sam trying to get to Mordor. Or Frodo and Sam parting at the Grey Havens. Or Sam thinking of Frodo. Or... You get my point. <P>BTW, dancing spawn of ungoliant, That's not the only song what refers to Tolkien and / or LOTR. I get exited every time I find something new... And I agree, Tarja Turunen sings beautifully!<P>Navaer!<P>Aethelwine.
Old 09-22-2003, 02:03 PM   #13
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

I can't really imagine "My Immortal" in it anywhere. I don't really know why.<BR>I'd like to hear "The Battle of Evermore" for the Helm's Deep soundtrack. That and "Ramble On" playing while Pippin is rambling on in Bree.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote