The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2014, 05:44 AM   #4921
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'd like to play. I don't think I have anything in the immediate future that would take away from WW time. Except my job, but we have internet at work and well I can always explain it is a matter of life and death and it probably would be.
Old 05-12-2014, 07:18 AM   #4922
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Ok, I think I can have an admin thread up this week, if folks want to pass the word. It will be a traditional type game.
Old 05-12-2014, 09:45 PM   #4923
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
if folks want to pass the word
This word, "if." What does it mean?
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 03:31 AM   #4924
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Are there people interested in another game soonish?

And who wants to mod?
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 06:26 AM   #4925
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'd be interested in another game, so long as it starts before June 20th or after June 23rd.
Old 06-10-2014, 07:06 AM   #4926
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I'm also interested in a game, and modding is not out of question either.

There are a couple of things I'd fancy, both requiring a larger village though:
  • a bear (there was, a bear a bear). There can never be too much death.
  • Dueling Wizards.
Old 06-10-2014, 01:20 PM   #4927
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
I would like to play, but I will be off-limits during the week around the change of June/July. But certainly don't let that be a hindrance: if people can play, I think there should be a game even in smaller numbers, and then there can be another, and then another... I think we should continue with the "revival" after a quieter period of time...

I'm all for bear, but ugh, Dueling Wizards... somehow I had not really acquired the taste for it. Anyway, Dueling Wizards would require a really big village to start with.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 02:45 PM   #4928
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I might be in if we start ASAP, but after a couple weeks I leave for camp and am gone for a month.
Old 06-11-2014, 05:20 AM   #4929
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Alrighty I'll mod a game with Kath. The admin thread should be up by weekend.
Old 06-12-2014, 05:06 AM   #4930
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Dueling Wizards.
Oh... Dueling wizards with around thirty players! *becomes nostalgic* Wasn't the sky more blue, the sun warmer and the wine sweeter back in the days of old!

I'm game except the week (five days) before the Midsummer's eve.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 04:21 PM   #4931
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
Hey all,

Just figured I would post this here, since I have expressed interest in modding a game of WW with my gf, formerly known as Esgallhugwen on here, in the future. We were thinking of doing a Victorian/steampunk themed one.

But given that we just had a themed-game, it might be too soon to start up another one with a theme. So we are content to wait if someone else wants to do a more traditional game.

If there is any interest for my game, please let me know. Last time I modded was about 6+ years ago and I enjoyed it quite a bit.
Old 07-02-2014, 05:10 PM   #4932
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Steampunk? I wrote my Bachelor's thesis on steampunk!

In other words, I'm interested. Time might prove a problem given that I don't know when I'll be home, but I'll do my best.
Old 07-02-2014, 05:20 PM   #4933
Kitanna
Child of the West

I'd be interested, though like this last game, I'm not super familiar with the theme.

I'd also like to host a themed WW game sometime in the not too distant future. I'm going on vacation next week to New Orleans and I've been thinking a ghost/voodoo/bayou theme could be fun. I have to give that some thought, but I do want to host a game soonish theme or not.

I'll be available to play or mod after July 14th. Though my instincts say I should take a short break from playing.
Old 07-02-2014, 06:48 PM   #4934
Gil-Galad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna View Post
I'd be interested, though like this last game, I'm not super familiar with the theme.

I'd also like to host a themed WW game sometime in the not too distant future. I'm going on vacation next week to New Orleans and I've been thinking a ghost/voodoo/bayou theme could be fun. I have to give that some thought, but I do want to host a game soonish theme or not.

I'll be available to play or mod after July 14th. Though my instincts say I should take a short break from playing.
So far for the setting I am thinking a fancy dinner party in a spooky castle during a storm if we go pure-victorian style, might throw in some steampunk aspects, such as everyone is aboard a zeppelin. Yes... that does sound good...

I don't want to start the game so soon after one finished, so I am awaiting more responses and figure out a date from there.
Old 07-03-2014, 02:30 PM   #4935
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
If some people think it would be a stretch on a Tolkien-forum to play a different-themed game twice in a row I'd suggest merging this cool steampunk idea with Tolkien...

So let's put the game into the sixth age where steampunk setting is possible (well, depending on what source of Tolkien's ages you stick with - but that I think is not crucial) and require the players to be the descendants of some known families: like someone being in a line of Butterbur and another a far descendant of prince Imrahil... or whatever?

Whether you'd then wish to put a re-incarnation of Saruman responsible for the "steam-part", would of course be up to you...

Well, that's one idea...

PS: I love the idea of a Zeppelin as the location where things take place...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 09:03 PM   #4936
Gil-Galad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
If some people think it would be a stretch on a Tolkien-forum to play a different-themed game twice in a row I'd suggest merging this cool steampunk idea with Tolkien...

So let's put the game into the sixth age where steampunk setting is possible (well, depending on what source of Tolkien's ages you stick with - but that I think is not crucial) and require the players to be the descendants of some known families: like someone being in a line of Butterbur and another a far descendant of prince Imrahil... or whatever?

Whether you'd then wish to put a re-incarnation of Saruman responsible for the "steam-part", would of course be up to you...

Well, that's one idea...

PS: I love the idea of a Zeppelin as the location where things take place...
That could be interesting take, and the Zeppelin could be travelling from Minas Tirith to Rivendell or something of the sort.
Old 07-11-2014, 05:03 PM   #4937
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I didn't even know there was a game going on... *tear*
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 05:31 PM   #4938
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Nobody likes you anymore.
Old 07-11-2014, 07:57 PM   #4939
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
And you missed a perfect opportunity to legitimately suspect me (for a change).
Old 07-12-2014, 02:53 AM   #4940
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Aw, my poor treasure... we all thought you'd abandoned us!
Old 07-12-2014, 04:35 AM   #4941
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Aww didn't you see the post on the BD facebook group? I thought you were too busy, what with how the previous game had turned out.
Old 07-12-2014, 01:53 PM   #4942
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
It's alright, guys.

You'll just have to deal with me in the next game, that's all.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 07-12-2014, 09:39 PM   #4943
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
I know how you feel.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 04:22 PM   #4944
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
I was wishing for your psychic abilities in that game.

So, who's modding the next one? Noggins' steampunk idea sounds fun...
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 07:16 AM   #4945
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
So, who's modding the next one? Noggins' steampunk idea sounds fun...
Gil's, actually.

Gil? Where are you?
Old 08-21-2014, 08:02 PM   #4946
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

I miiiiiiss you guys. When are we playing again?
Old 09-11-2014, 01:56 AM   #4947
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
...Guys...???
Old 09-13-2014, 01:08 PM   #4948
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
It's almost like everyone here is, I don't know, dead....

(Seriously though, I also miss Werewolf. Someone should totally do a game.)
Old 09-19-2014, 08:20 AM   #4949
Kitanna
Child of the West

I was thinking this morning, if no one else wants to run a game right now, I'd like to mod a basic game. I just need a show of hands if anyone is interested in playing right now.
Old 09-19-2014, 09:38 AM   #4950
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

I think I could find the time, though I can't promise to be overly active.
Old 09-19-2014, 06:46 PM   #4951
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna View Post
I was thinking this morning, if no one else wants to run a game right now, I'd like to mod a basic game. I just need a show of hands if anyone is interested in playing right now.
Depending on the DL, I'm in. Also, texting Shasta right now so he doesn't feel left out again. *nuzzles him*
Old 09-20-2014, 01:24 AM   #4952
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

*waves excitedly*
Old 09-20-2014, 08:43 PM   #4953
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
Reporting in.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 03:30 PM   #4954
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCaber View Post
Reporting in.
Now if something like this isn't a sign to start a game, then I don't know what is.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 06:05 PM   #4955
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCaber View Post
Reporting in.
*faints from excitement*
Old 09-25-2014, 04:00 PM   #4956
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Interested!
Old 09-26-2014, 07:22 AM   #4957
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Message received.
Old 09-28-2014, 07:15 PM   #4958
Kitanna
Child of the West

I'm going to put up an admin thread in a day or two. So the joy and misery of WW may ensue.

Last edited by Kitanna; 09-28-2014 at 07:19 PM.
Kitanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 08:10 PM   #4959
Kitanna
Child of the West

Since Halloween is 31 precious days away I've named the village Sleepy Hollow and the admin thread is now up.
Old 10-02-2014, 06:41 AM   #4960
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Oh, I just randomly decided to check the downs today - hooray!
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote