Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2003, 01:14 PM   #761
Elfhelm
Animated Skeleton

Elfhelm has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Elfhelm
Sting

"Having Inwe and Phervasaion journey with us seems like a great idea," said Talendur with a smile. "We shall all be good company. It will be a refreshing change to travel in a group rather than to travel solitarily as we usually do. I think that they should come along."

"Now, all of us have horses, so I figure we can manage the journey from here to Bree in about a day. I am the only one with a deadline to meet, and that is not for two days. We should rest up here for a day, and then perhaps we can make the trip to Bree. How does that sound Aerandir? Phervasaion, why don’t you tell us about your experiences in the wild since we last saw you,” said Talendur as he took a sip of his dry ale.
Old 03-05-2003, 02:38 PM   #762
Phervasaion
Shade of Carn Dûm

Phervasaion has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"I am glad you have accepted my company and i will not let you down as i know great skills with my sword," Phervasaion said pleasingly.

"As for my travels since we last met last met i have seen many things, so il tell you the most interesting ones," Phervasaion then took a deep breath. "Not too long ago i had just set out from Edoras as i was resting there with another Ranger,Hiardur, who was traveling with me. We were traveling from Edoras all day and we needed some rest. On that night i had the strangest dream one of which i cannot explain, i was then awakened half way trough the night from a strange noise not far away," As Phervasaion said this an upset look came upon his face.

"I looked to my left where Hiardur was sleeping, but he was missing. I feared the worst for him, i then decided to investigate the noise i heard, i got up and took only my sword i ran as fast as the wind could take me towards the noise i heard. I looked to my left and saw a small cave, then as i looked i heard the strange noise which awoke me again i ran towards the cave with no fear. It was to dark inside for me to see, so i threw i stone in.. I heard voices 'orcs' i thought to myself. One came out with a torch and i drove my sword through its stomach and I picked up the torch and entered the cave silently.

I turned round the corner to see a handful of orcs sitting down and eating. I ran in with a battle cry and chopped through them all one by one as they were not ready for battle."

Phervasaion sighed and said "I searched the cave for Hiardur but i found no trace, the food they were eating was not him either i am glad to say. I was also not able to discover what the strange noise i heard was for it was definately no orc.

Afterwards i headed back to the camp gathered my things and rode on. I searched for Hairdur and tried to discover what the noise was and eventually i found myself here in the shire and i have found nothing."

Phervasaion ended his story here and there was silence between the three Rangers for a while as their thoughts were on Phervasaions story...
Old 03-05-2003, 05:27 PM   #763
Frodess
Haunting Spirit

Frodess has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Quote:
"my name is Aeryn, daughter of Umbria, i am from Gondor, and yes, I am half elven." she said.
Champignonne noticed that she had glanced at Tiquandel, the elf, upon saying such.
Quote:
"May I ask your names? I have never ever met any hobbits like I said. I really would like to hear about the Shire."
"I am Champignonne, this is Tiquandel, and the lady who just left was Ellie. I had never met any elves until yesterday. And never have I met any of the race of Men. Ah, here is some mushroom soup. I don't think Ellie will be eating it. Anyway, there's some for everyone. Take mine." Champignonne offered Aeryn the bowl of soup, placing in before the white-haired lady. She guessed the woman was beautiful, but she had not the hairy toes, a hobbit sign of beauty.

"So, you want to know about the Shire?" Champignonne asked shyly. "Well, it's the most lovely place in Middle-Earth, and I'm gonna be loathe to leave it. We have the best food! Oh, this Inn is known for several 'culinary masterpieces'. I didn't know, but from rumour, but now I know from experience!" Tiquandel smiled, trying not to laugh. Surely the cuisine in Rivendell is better!thought he.

"Now, tell me my lady, what is Gondor like?" he asked.
Old 03-05-2003, 05:54 PM   #764
Aerandir Carnesir
Wight

Aerandir Carnesir has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Aerandir, pondering Phervasaion's story said,"What was the noise you heard? I was also in this area and I heard a strange noise also. I can't describe it. It was like nothing I ever heard.

You're friend, you don't know what happend to him? I found some traces of someone's camp on the way here. The spot where the person laid could've only been where a human had slept. There were some charred branches and some stains of orc blood on the grass, but there were no stain's of a man's blood.

Maybe we should keep a look-out for him when we go to Bree, or after we meet more of our companions, we could search around the area for him. Time will tell." Aerandir stroked the short whiskers growing on his chin and puffed his pipe; Thinking of how he could help.
Old 03-05-2003, 05:58 PM   #765
Ransom
Wight

Ransom has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Ransom
Sting

Barak gently set his teacup on the saucer before pulling a small paper envelope out of a sleeve. Weeks of traveling on empty roads with only silent Mara had left him fairly unprepared for the sheer amount of noise that civilization contained, and the unprecedented amount of noise that always seemed present in a tavern was causing his head to pound. He undid the simple knot that held the container closed and tapped a small amount of a white powder into his tea. Laying the envelope to one side, he stirred the brown liquid with his spoon for a few seconds before taking a sip of the liquid. His brain began to clear almost immediately. Despite the faults of Umbar, she still had the most useful drugs.

Seeing Meneldulinel’s curious expression, he quickly responded, “An herb extract from Gondor. The weather of the Shire does not agree with my southern blood.”

They talked for the better part of two hours, discussing everything from the nuances of traveling to the general culture of the Shire to the quality of the beds in the Green Dragon Inn. Barak began to fidget, wondering where in the world Mara had went. He had no doubt she could protect herself against any criminals this backwater could throw against her, but her tantrums usually lasted half an hour. His mind began to sort through the possibilities, dredging up memories about the past few years she had spent with him. Meneldulinel looked both startled and shocked as he jumped up, overturning his chair. The elf had chosen the chair facing the door, and Mara could probably sneak around in full plate armor. He turned, searching the area near the door. A loud curse and a dull thud told him that Mara had slipped behind him.

Mara was both shorter and thinner than the wood elf, but the elf’s surprise allowed the Gondorian to knock her to the floor. It was fairly clear to Barak that something within her mind had snapped. She hid at least three knives on her body at any given time, but she was making no move to draw them. As the pair rolled across the floor, scattering chairs and scaring hobbits, the knight tried to predict the movements of the two fighters. It looked extremely nasty, but the damage was probably minimal. If he could land a solid blow to Mara’s head, he could probably send her into unconsciousness. Then it would be fairly easy to slip her something to keep her calm. Until then, he did his best to separate the two.

[ March 05, 2003: Message edited by: Ransom ]

Old 03-05-2003, 06:42 PM   #766
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

Menelduliniel shrieked as Mara, the girl, wrestled her to the floor. This girl was so small! What had Menelduliniel done to upset her so much?

"Ai! Man delos tela? Man caridh?" Menelduliniel yelled as the girl reached for one of the many knives that she seemed to have concealed on her body.

Menelduliniel grabbed the knife arm and pushed against it with all her might. She felt Barak at her side, then soon Estelarion. They tried to separate the two women to no avail. Once Menelduliniel was provoked, she would not let go of her target and neither, it seemed, would Mara. The two women knocked over tables and chairs, scattering the many Hobbits and various other races that stood in their path.

Menelduliniel managed to push Mara's knife arm away from her with her left hand, managint to pull out one of her knives at the same time. The two continued to fight. With the handle of her knife, Menelduliniel managed to knock the knife out of Mara's hand, who, in turn, bit Menelduliniel's hand, making her knife go flying. As neither had time to reach for another knife, they continued to fight, biting, scratching, punching, and kicking wherever they could.

Estelarion stopped for a second, jumping out of the way of one of Mara's blows.

"What happened?" he yelled to the man that stood across from him, the man that Menelduliniel had been speaking with. Barak merely shrugged a bit. Suddenly, Barak found himself get hit across the face as the two continued to fight. His broken concentration had cost him a bruise, it seemed.

Meanwhile, Menelduliniel could feel no sign of Mara wearing out. She had hoped that there would be some easy solution, thus enabling her to see what had provoked the girl, but it seemed as though Mara did not plan on ending the fight anytime soon.

Others had gathered around, watching Estelarion and Barak try to separate the screaming, fighting girls. Estelarion began to lose hope that they would separate the two before one of the girls was seriously injured.

"Help us!" Estelarion finally managed to shout to those that had gathered. He hoped that someone would step forward and aid in the separation of the two girls. Cuts, scratches, and bruises could already be seen springing up on two maidens, still fighting in the formerly bustling Inn.
Old 03-05-2003, 07:30 PM   #767
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

The Innkeeper stepped out of her quarters behind the bar. She had heard the commotion and ran quickly to get her hefty blackthorn stick.

'Out of my way!' she cried, wading into the crowd and pushing them from her path. She swung her stick with two well placed blows to the legs of the combatants. A sickening crunch, following each blow.

Then reaching down she dragged each up by the scruff of their necks and knocked their heads together.

'Open the door!' she bellowed in a most unladylike manner. She dragged them to the porch and threw them into the yard.

'Take your fights out of the Inn, and out of the courtyard, too.' She threw the knives they had dropped on the floor, as she dragged them out of the Inn, to the dirt by their sprawled bodies.

Then walked back in, shutting the door firmly behind her . . .
Old 03-05-2003, 08:02 PM   #768
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Please note: All fights shoud be kept out of the Inn, and preferably out of the courtyard, too. Save the battling for your RPG's please.

Piosenniel, Shire Moderator
Old 03-05-2003, 08:10 PM   #769
Ransom
Wight

Ransom has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Ransom
Sting

Barak’s eyebrows shot up. The innkeeper was certainly stronger than she looked. He stored away this information in one of the dark, dusty recesses of his mind as he slammed the door open. This would take quite a bit of effort to smooth over. The rap on the head seemed to have cause a momentary peace in the fight, a peace long enough for the Gondorian to empty a vial of brown liquid down Mara’s throat. She would sleep for a few hours, hopefully long enough to keep her out of trouble. He gently slung her over her shoulder and, ignoring the looks of the other patrons, dragged her to their room. Still, he did pause besides Estelarion long enough to whisper, “My apologies for your friend, master elf. If you’d like, I’ll explain further in the common room after I take care of her.”

After pouring another strange vial down Mara’s throat, Barak descended down the stairs and made his way to the counter. It looked like most of the tables and chairs knocked over during the brawl had been righted, and the hobbits were slowly going back to their festivities. His face was that of one mortally embarrassed as he made his way to the bartender, though his emotions were more than a little turbulent. Carefully watching her arms in case of an unexpected attack, he pulled a fairly large pouch out of his cloak and slid them across the counter to the innkeeper.

“My apologies for the altercations earlier, lady. My friend has certain medical…problems this time of year. I should have watched more closely. She will not cause any more problems for you or your staff. There is about three-month’s wages of gold in that bag. If there was any more damage, I would be glad to pay more.”

He paused for a moment before allowing himself to indulge in a sigh. “In truth, my friend is quite sick and quite problematic. Would you happen to know if there is an apothecary in this town?”

Old 03-05-2003, 08:45 PM   #770
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

'Barak, is it not?' she said, nodding her head at the man who now stood at the bar. She slid his pouch of gold back toward him.

'No need to smooth over the fight with coin. Just see it does not happen again, or I will make a more permanent solution to the problem.' She slid the dagger from her arm sheath and picked up the pouch of coins by the strings, laying it in his hands.

'We have no apothecary here in Bywater, though if it is a simple herbal concoction you need, Old Maeve up Hill Road can do that for you. Anything more than that, and you will neeed to be heading to Bree. It's a Big Folk town. There is an apothecary there.'

She pulled out a pint tankard from the counter beneath the bar. 'Now, if you would like to spend a coin on some good Westfarthing ale, I should be happy to serve you.'
Old 03-06-2003, 12:57 AM   #771
Maiden of the Sky
Pile O'Bones

Maiden of the Sky has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Slowly a figure trudged up the road. Her clothes were weather stained and she carried a small pack which had holes and stains all over it. The lady was tired after having to walk the whole night. She had been attacked that night by some strange force and her horse had gone wild and escaped. The lady hadn't been hurt badly but simply needed rest.

Her name was Sara and she had come from Rohan. She had been travelling for many weeks, first of all to visit her father in the North of Rohan and then wandering west to the Shire. She had been there before but only briefly and had decided to visit there again. her journey had been going well until the strange attack the night before.

The Green Dragon inn was up ahead and Sara trudged up the road, relieved there was somewhere to rest. She pushed open the door and sighed deeply. She walked up to the bar, "Excuse me, do you think you could direct me to the innkeeper? I need a room." She asked the bartender.
Old 03-06-2003, 04:43 AM   #772
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Aeryn took the bowl of soup gladly. "Thankyou" she said. Listening eagerly to what the hobbit had to say. "Gondor" she replied "its the grandest realm in Middle Earth, and I am from Dol Amroth, though, I was sent to live with the medicine woman in Minas Tirith shortly after I was born. But there I grew up and live." she paused.

"my house, had high celings, and was white marble, from the back balcony you could see the grand palace. I wanted so much to live there one day" she smiled.

"My mother, she is an important woman in Dol Amroth, they call her The Everdawn, but the rangers call her Elfsun. I am supposed to see her here, surprise her, though I do not think she will be pleased to see me. It is a long and involved story." she looked troubled.

"if you dont mind me asking, why are you leaving the shire?"

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 03-06-2003, 12:41 PM   #773
Pippin Took
Pile O'Bones

Pippin Took has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

A hobbit named Peregrin Took, also called Pippin came in. Asked for a room and said he had travelled the whole day.

The inn was full and he had to share room with a dwarf. The dwarf wasnt pleased to share room with a hobbit! Pippin was a gentleman and introduced himself to the dwarf.

The dwarf didnt want to be mean. "I am Balin Lightningteeth from Dale", he said,"But please tell me, young hobbit, where are you from if you have been travelling the whole day?"

[ March 06, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 03-06-2003, 02:12 PM   #774
Phervasaion
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Phervasaion took a last sip of his ale and said to Aerandir

"It is strange how we both heard a noise around that area, like you said the noise is very dificult to explain and i honestly dont no how to decribe it properly.

"As for the orc blood you saw im pretty sure it was off my sword from the orcs i slew eirlier that night. I thank though Aerandir for telling me this as any information is usefull."

Phervasaion then went up to the bar to get him and the others anoter ale.
Old 03-06-2003, 02:38 PM   #775
The Ruling Ring
Haunting Spirit

The Ruling Ring has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Drago stepped aside, nervously gesturing to a spot by the fire, away from the others. Ellie frowned in consideration, then, seeing the pleading look in his eyes, got up slowly and followed him over to the corner.

"I'm sorry," were the first hoarse words out of Drago's mouth. "About what I said to you. I really didn't mean it as it sounded. I only meant that people that treat you horribly don't deserve to be missed. Though, as is now apparent, you were never given the lucky opportunity to 'miss' them," Drago looked at Ellie, the shadows on her face angular and flickering in their present light.
Old 03-06-2003, 03:36 PM   #776
Aredhelaran
Animated Skeleton

Aredhelaran has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

SAVE for reworked post.

Since you don't have your Private Messages enabled - I will leave the message here:

Please read The Red Book of Westmarch before you post in the Shire. One of the basic rules is that each post must have at least 2 paragraphs and each paragraph must be at least 2 sentences long.

It would also be helpful if you explained in your post why your character and the Pippin character are at odds with each other.

Tell us the story about the animosity - don't just give us a little dialog.

Thanks! Piosenniel, Shire Moderator

[ March 06, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 03-06-2003, 03:50 PM   #777
Elfhelm
Animated Skeleton

Sting

"Strange things have been happening all over the Northlands," Talendur said solemnly. "There must be a reason for it all. I have been tracking a party of warg-riders, Aerandir met up with a group of Uruks, and now Phervasaion, you tell me you came across another company of orcs. Why are there so many of the foul race abroad? I would..."

Momentarily, Talendur's speech was broken up as a fight erupted between two women across the room. The three rangers stood and rushed over to help break it up, but others in the inn blocked their way. The fight raged on until the innkeeper threw the two troublemakers outside. Afterwards, the brawl's spectators gradually drifted back to their former positions.

"I say!" exclaimed Talendur to his Dunedain companions. "That was quite a nasty exhange of blows. Perhaps we should go see if they are all right?" he inquired.
Old 03-06-2003, 04:55 PM   #778
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Sting

Estelarion cleaned Menelduliniel's wounds in the room none-too-gently. He seemed to think that his gruffness would punish her for her fighting. The two went back downstairs and saw Barak.

"How is Mara?" Menelduliniel asked Barak.

"I believe she'll live," Barak said, cracking a smile.

The other two sat down at the bar. Menelduliniel apologized to the Innkeeper, who was surprisingly kind about their fight. Menelduliniel kept apologizing each time she saw the Innkeeper, until it was obvious that the woman was growing quickly tired of Menelduliniel's apologies.

Menelduliniel and Estelarion finally ordered ales and sat next to Barak, enjoying the peace and bustle that had once again returned to the quiet Inn...
Old 03-06-2003, 07:08 PM   #779
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

A tall man with short, reddish-brown hair came riding up to the inn known as The Green Dragon. He wore long, flowing robes of a royal blow and white that seemed to twinkle. Under them was a heavily embroidered white shirt and baggy blue pants, billowing out of his dark brown boots. His gaudy outfit brought him much attention...but that was the whole point. Called "The Great Krysello", the man was a wandering entertainer, singing songs, telling tales, and doing magic tricks, along with a bit of juggling.

As he reached the inn, Krysello made sure his horses were taken care of, then carried his three oddly shaped bags into the inn. He dropped them next to the door and looked briefly around the tavern room. It will do, he thought. Then, all of a sudden, he boomed out in a large voice, demanding attention. As an entertainer, he had come close to perfecting this voice. "Here now noble and goodly people, travelers and natives to this beautiful land of the Shire, elves and men, dwarves and hobbits..." He paused them said hurriedly, "And excuse me ladies, I will not forget women." He stopped again to smile a broad grin. A pure perfection of his after long years of trying to please people.

Then he continued again in his performer voice, "Before you now, is the noble wanderer of far away lands. I bring you songs and tales and magicks..." With that, a large cloud of smoke erupted from the floor with a loud bang. Near perfection. "I am "The Great Krysello," he boomed triumphantly. "And I am here only to entertain." And, swiftly and sweetly, take your money from your bags, he thought with a scheming smile to himself. Then, with a low, graceful bow, with one hand out to his side, he began singing his entrance.

Though it seem folly,
I love to be jolly,
And no one else does see,
A tired frown on me.

Krysello is my name,
And I am not to blame,
For my handsome face
Or the price of ale in this place.

I hope I may stay long,
But often bursting out in song,
It may be made scarce,
By simple annoyance.

Or maybe you will find,
I can be fun and kind,
A real treat I may be
I call myself an entertainer, you see.

I bring you songs and tales,
And a cheer from the audience never fails,
To bring me to my magicks
From the far away land of Elenic's.

So I wander on,
Greeting with this song,
Making friends along the way,
And enemies too many to say.

The Great Krysello's grinned broadened at the last line, thinking of all the many people who threw very solid objects at him for wagging his jaws. They weren't really enemies, the wandering entertainer was truly likeable, but was extremely frustrating. He rambled on and on without ceasing, always going the long way around in his speech. Even it someone had known him long enough to be numb to his chatter, he was also excellent at insulting people on purpose and on accident. With so many words flying out of his mouth, at least one had to insult someone! But the Great Krysello felt that the soaring objects were well worth it, he had always enjoyed a good jest.

Still standing right in front of the door of the inn, he added, a bit more quietly, "Elenic happens to be my father..." Then, Krysello bowed low, so low that he could touch his toes if he had wished. Picking up his bags and walking up to the bar to speak with the innkeep, he thought of his not-so-good entrance song and smirked. I need a new job, he thought. But, he had told himself that for many years. He had always enjoyed a life of wandering and loved being the center of attention.
Old 03-06-2003, 07:21 PM   #780
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

'Ah,' thought Pio to herself, as she watched the two newcomers to the Inn approach her. 'How interesting! A Hobbit with a familiar name and a lady from Rohan who looks to have been attacked by something.'

She noted the woman's clothes were dirty and torn, and there were evident areas of bruising and cuts on her face and arms. She had directed Buttercup to take her up to a freshly done up room and to show her where the wash room was.

'I'll bet the both of them have very interesting stories to tell. Perhaps after a good meal and some ale, they'll feel like sharing them.'
Old 03-06-2003, 07:41 PM   #781
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Pio's grin broadened from ear to ear as she watched the newest guest to the Inn stage his entrance. Such color and panache!

'Now here was one who would set things in motion in the Inn!' she thought to herself, laughing. 'I only hope it's not the apples and oranges we've set out on the tables for people to munch on until supper is served!'

She stepped out from behind the bar, a foaming tankard of the Inn's finest in her hand.

'Welcome! Welcome, Krysello! Come! Sit! Tell me of your travels for now. Then after supper, perhaps a song, a dance, a poem, a story . . . whatever you have in your repetoire, we will applaud!'
Old 03-06-2003, 09:37 PM   #782
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Frodo Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Cromthal smiled softly.

"You want to know about my master? Well I will start by saying that the term 'master' is a title of respect as well as affection. To him I was a servant, an apprentice, and an heir. You see, even though a Sidhe may have children, they choose an heir from the aristocratic warrior class of my people. A ruler may have several appretices at a time. The eldest is the one that is to rule over that province when the master dies. The younger ones will either be councillors to the heir when he or she inherits the estate or they will be high ranking servants. Some are from all sorts of families and come for a basic education. They come to the master at an older age and stay for a shorter time.

"The hiers, like me, are taken to the master when they are around three years old. Our master is more of a father to us then our parents. I love my master. His name is Myrddin, also of Rathcoe. He was quite tall, and if you did not know him well enough he could seem frightening and intimidating. He had a soft heart though. He was about my age when we first met, I at three years old and frightened as a fawn. I won his trust soon enough though, and we hardly left each other's side since. Until I was sent away of course. He was always kind, his dark eyes showed it. He rarely punished me and only when I justly deserved it. Even when I deserved. punishment I sometime's only got a scolding.

"My master had one daughter, Brona. She was about 20 years younger than I and I thought her immature and silly. Usually I was right. But I got along well with her and the other students, except that one time when one of them tried to teach me how to swim, they nearly drowned me instead. I won't give you the details, but that was one of the very few times I ended up clinging to my master's robe and wailing like a babe."

Cronthal was still smiling, a bit more sadly this time, and his eyelashes were damp.
Old 03-07-2003, 12:25 AM   #783
Pippin Took
Pile O'Bones

Pipe

"I have been visiting my relatives in Tookbank", Pippin answerd Balin, "Im on the way home."

Later that night Pippin got strange dreams about elves that were singing strange songs about the worlds defeat.
He woke up and screemd. The dwarf also woke up and started screaming.
When they both calmed down Pippin fel asleep.
But not the dwarf.

Pippin woke up the next day and found that the dwarf had left.
He got down to the bar to eat his breakfast.
While he was eating he talked alot with the bartender.

The bartender asked him, "The dwarf here was leaving early this morning", he said,"He said something about strange hobbits and just left."
"Do you know anything about that, young hobbit?"
Pippin was looking down in his tea and said he didnt knew anything about it.
The bartender just looked confused and did go away and talk to someone of The Big People.

Pippin felt tired and confused about the night and he thought he was going to stay one more night to maybe get some rest and peace inte his mind.
Old 03-07-2003, 01:51 AM   #784
Maiden of the Sky
Pile O'Bones

Sting

Two other newcomers had entered after Sara. A hobbit and a man, who had made quite an entrance.

Sara was then directed to a room by the innkeeper. She was so tired she practically asleep before she hit the pillow.

[ March 07, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 03-07-2003, 01:59 AM   #785
Pippin Took
Pile O'Bones

Pipe

The next morning Sara woke up and walked down to the bar.
In the bardisk a hobbit lad sat talking to the bartender.
Sara took a seat beside the hobbit and started eating.

The hobbit sat quiet for a while, but then he said to Sara; "A beautiful morning isnt it?" Sara looked confused and said, "Yes indeed, little one."
"Where are you from and who are you?", she asked the hobbit.
"I am Peregrin Took, call me Pippin.", he answerd.
"I have been visiting my relatives in Tookbank. But who are you and where are you from?", Pippin asked her.
Old 03-07-2003, 03:12 PM   #786
Phervasaion
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

The three Rangers went out to see if the women were ok. Lukily there were only a few bruises on the elf lady but they could not find the other woman outside.

Afterwards the three Rangers wernt back in and Phervasaion said
"I think i am going to get some rest as i have not had much lately."
He bid his friends farewell for the night and made his way to his room. As soon as he got to bed he fell into a deep sleep.

Eirly the next morning Phervasaion got up and made his way downstairs he got down and found Talendur and Aerandir already sitting there. He went up to them and said "Good day Talendur and Aerandir, how are you this fine morning?"
Old 03-07-2003, 04:05 PM   #787
Elfhelm
Animated Skeleton

Sting

"Mostly well, my friend," Talendur replied. "Aerandir and I have been awake for many hours discussing potential danger in the Northlands. There is definitely something going on that we do not know about."

Talendur eyes were glaring like a hawk's as finished voicing his concerns. Then, their usual warmth returned, and a happier sounding Talendur made a remark about their journey. "We have about a day until we should travel to Bree, so why don't we enjoy ourselves while we can."

A bar-maid came by and asked if they wanted anything. "Well, a hearty breakfast would be nice!" said Talendur. "I am weary of endless days in the Wild munching on whatever I can find. I suppose I will have some eggs--that is if you have any. What about you Aerandir, are you in the mood for some early-morning feasting?"

Though Talendur was acting rather jovial, his friends knew that he was trying to hide his worries from the others as well as himself. Talendur did not like the news he had been hearing, and he hoped to swallow those misgivings with the help of tasty food.
Old 03-07-2003, 04:10 PM   #788
Aerandir Carnesir
Wight

Pipe

"The morning is wonderful Phervasaion!" Said Aerandir; puffing joyfully on his pipe, "Inwe is still asleep. I guess she got very worn out coming here and has been sleeping the whole time. And for breakfast, I think i'll have some ham and eggs, if there's any, and a couple of apples or carrots for my horse; or me if I get hungry again." If you couldn't tell, Aerandir was in a more than happy mood.

He added,"Talendur and I have also been making arrangements for our trip to Bree in a few days. I'm thinking that after we meet the others, than we could go and search the area for your companion. We could also figure out those noises we've heard. Anyway, how'd you sleep Phervasaion?"

[ March 07, 2003: Message edited by: Aerandir Carnesir ]
Old 03-07-2003, 04:26 PM   #789
Phervasaion
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

"I slept very well thankyou for i have not slept for long," said Phervasaion as he sat down. He then ordered some eggs like Talendur had done before.

"Thank you for agreeing to help me find my companion Hiardur after we get to Bree i appreciate that very much," said Phervasaion with a smile on his face.

He then turned his head towards Talendur and said "But you Talendur are right, we only have a day here and we should enjoy ourselves while we can for the shire is a beautiful place." As he said this the bar-maid came over with the Rangers breakfasts and they tucked in straight away...
Old 03-07-2003, 07:46 PM   #790
Elladan Peredhil
Animated Skeleton

Elladan Peredhil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Rirrym chortled softly to himself. "I'm sorry, I was just thinking that you and water don't seem to get along to well, judging from what you just told me and your having mentioned being rescued by Gandalf earlier. If it helps any, I was scared when I first learned to swim."

"We had a watering hole to the east of the village near where I grew up, and many of us would spend hours at a time there. The first time I went there I tagged along with a neighbor's son -- I was 4 and he was 13. Blair, that was his name, picked me up and threw me in the hole, and I was expected to swim back. I think that's how most, if not all, of the lads who used that swimming hole first learned to swim. It probably wasn't as bad as it could be, since we didn't really have tides to worry about. Still, I know I was terrified in that moment that I was flying through the air."

"Your way of life sounds so different to mine. I grew up with my family as most people did, unless a child's family couldn't afford to keep them there. The son's were expected to continue their father's work when he was to old to do it any longer." He looks down at the ground. "That's probably what I should be doing, but my father wouldn't hear of me staying there any longer. Things were starting to get dangerous there."
Old 03-07-2003, 08:07 PM   #791
Maiden of the Sky
Pile O'Bones

Sting

"My name is Sara of Rohan. Sorry but I have never met a halfling before, having only passed through the shire briefly." She smiled at the hobbit. "It is indeed a fine morning." She stared out of the window and then looked back at the hobbit.

His plate was practically overflowing with food and he was eating furiously. She laughed, "So it is true about halfling eating habits then!"

Sara felt better, now that she had someone to talk to.
Old 03-07-2003, 09:52 PM   #792
Aerandir Carnesir
Wight

Sting

After they had finished their breakfast, which they enjoyed and ate heartily, The Rangers continued making plans for their trip to Bree. "Talendur," said Aerandir,"What did you and the other Rangers have planned when you were to meet at the Prancing Pony? Inwe, Phervasaion, and I would join you if you had other business to take care of, or we could start the search, and you could join us later. Since you're the lead ranger on this one, than we will help you or join you in any way that we can."

Aerandir could tell that Talendur was still thinking. So he sat there and ordered a round of ales for him and his companions while munching on one of his horse's carrots. He sat patiently waiting for Talendur to share his news.
Old 03-08-2003, 01:50 AM   #793
Pippin Took
Pile O'Bones

Pipe

The hobbit and Sara sat talking a lot and then a dwarf came in..
He asked for something to drink at the bar and sat down beside Pippin and Sara.
"Who are you, master dwarf?" she asked.
"I am Balin Lightningteeth from Dale" he answerd.

Pippin felt a little bit "forgotten" now when the dwarf and Sara were talking and ignored him.
He didnt want to be ignored so he asked the dwarf; "What are you doing around here anyway?"
Old 03-08-2003, 10:56 AM   #794
Elfhelm
Animated Skeleton

Sting

SAVE for reworked post

[ March 08, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 03-08-2003, 12:57 PM   #795
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

As they stood by the fire, Ellie waited for Drago to speak.
"I'm sorry," he said "About what I said to you. I really didn't mean it as it sounded. I only meant that people that treat you horribly don't deserve to be missed. Though, as is now apparent, you were never given the lucky opportunity to 'miss' them,"

She considered for a second, wondering how to react. He seemed sorry, but to be honest she didn't really understand what he meant!

"I'm sorry, Drago, is that some sort of magic-speak? I barely understood a word of what you just said. Pray address me like a Hobbit, if you recollect how- and I may consider forgiveness." She was fighting back a smile now.
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Old 03-08-2003, 04:49 PM   #796
Huntress
Pile O'Bones

Huntress has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Huntress had recvied her room not long after asking for it and was most glad to finally sleep in a bed. The weariness that had crept in on her was for now gone it appeared a sleep was all she needed to be refreshed from her journey.

Yawning she left her room and headed back down to the main common room, it was quieter than before but still full of that atmosphere of happiness. She ordered some food and a drink and found a quiet table in the corner. Once more she was self concious and despite her earlier relaxed state, now she was again a Ranger in a corner only getting a second look because people noticed she was an elf. A lonly smile played on her lips, but isn't that how'd it always been for her.
Old 03-08-2003, 07:52 PM   #797
Frodess
Haunting Spirit

Frodess has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Quote:
"if you dont mind me asking, why are you leaving the shire?
"Um," said Champignonne after listening to Aeryn's description of her hometown. "I, uh, I don't really know why. I have to give the elves in Rivendell a message from my mum. She wouldn't tell me what it is, but I'm to go. Tiqaundel is to be my guide."

She had begun to wonder what this quest of sorts was about. She began to think it was more than just a letter to Mum's friends.
Old 03-08-2003, 08:09 PM   #798
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Sting

A young woman pushed open the door of the Green Dragon and entered. She looked around for the inkeeper, shaking out her cloak and skirt. She was cold and tired and feeling a little strange so far from home.

She flicked her tangled hair over one shoulder and moved further into the room. Her eyes were wide and green, and though she wasn't exactly nervous she was a little hesitant. Most of the people in the inn looked like they were there in groups or with someone, so eventually the woman spoke to the room in general. "Excuse me, I've come a long way today, and I need a room and a stable for my horse..."
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Old 03-09-2003, 01:32 AM   #799
Maiden of the Sky
Pile O'Bones

Sting

Sara and the dwarf were chatting casually but Pippin was sitting quietly between the two. He interupted saying,
Quote:
What are you doing around here anyway?
Sara waited for the dwarf to answer the question but just then a woman walked into the inn and had asked for a room and a stable for her horse.

Excusing herself from Pippin and Balin, she walked over to the woman, "Greetings! I am Sara from Rohan. I believe that the innkeeper, Piosenniel will help you with a room." She smiled at the lady, "Who are you and how is it you have ended up in the Shire?"
Old 03-09-2003, 02:13 AM   #800
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

The babies were active tonight, and pio retired early from the Common Room to her quarters behind the bar. She had Primrose Bolger, Prim for short, on duty now to handle the influx of guests to the Inn.

Huntress had already been seen to, but Prim noted another young women had come seeking a room for herself and a stall for her horse. She had Buttercup see her up to a room, and assured the young woman that Hob, the Inn's stablemaster, would see to the care of her mount.