The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-12-2013, 06:31 AM   #1
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

The Barrow-Wight is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
1420! Save the Clock Tower

There are about 100 or so regular visitors to the Downs, and for their sake and the sake of the long history of the forum, I just can't let the barrow slip away without a fight.

I am going to try to figure this issue out.

I will be purchasing and installing an upgrade to the forum software, which should solve the problems. We've upgraded before with success, so we should be able to do so again.

Here are the factors involved in the upgrade:

- It costs $209. I'm paying for it, but if anyone cares to chip in, please PM me and we'll figure something out. Donations will be greatly appreciated, but they are completely voluntary.
- I've got two other projects taking a lot of my time this weekend, so it may take me several days to actually get things working correctly again.
- My web maintenance skills have deteriorated so much, I may not be able to figure our how to install the upgrade (unlikely)
- The upgrade might not fix the problem, or might make it worse (very unlikely)

Please reply to let me know if it's worth the time, money, and effort.

It is to me. The Barrow-Downs has been around in one form or another since 1998, and I enjoy it every day, even if my participation nowadays is kicking a handful of spammer accounts a day.

Let me know what you think by replying here, and PM me if you are interested in helping financially.

Thanks!
BW