The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2002, 07:32 PM   #1
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Knight of Gondor has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Knight of Gondor
The Twelve Days of Christmas: Waiting for The Two Towers

Okay, it was madness, sheer madness that made me decide to adapt The Twelve Days of Christmas to Lord of the Rings, but I'm sure some of you will get a big kick out of it. Here it is.

12 Days of Christmas: Waiting for The Two Towers

On the First day of waiting a big fan gave to me: A Ring to Rule Them All

On the second day of waiting a big fan gave to me: Two Frodo dolls and a Ring to Rule Them All

On the Third day of waiting a big fan gave to me: Three Elven Bows, Two Frodo dolls, and a Ring to Rule Them All

On the Fourth day of waiting a big fan gave to me: Four pointy ears, Three Elven Bows, Two Frodo dolls, and a Ring to Rule Them All

On the Fifth day of waiting a big fan gave to me: FIVE GOLDEN RINGS Four pointy ears, Three Elf-Bows, Two Frodo dolls, and a Ring to Rule Them All

On the Sixth day of waiting a big fan gave to me: Six orcs a’fightin’, : FIVE GOLDEN RINGS Four pointy ears, Three Elf-Bows, Two Frodo dolls, and a Ring to Rule Them All

On the Seventh day of waiting a big fan gave to me: Seven Dwarven Rings Six orcs a’fightin’, FIVE GOLDEN RINGS, Four pointy ears, Three Elf-Bows, Two Frodo dolls, and a Ring to Rule Them All

On the Eighth day of waiting, a big fan gave to me: Eight Rohan-Riders Seven Dwarven Rings, Six orcs a’fightin’, FIVE GOLDEN RINGS, Four pointy ears, Three Elf-Bows, Two Frodo dolls, and a Ring to Rule Them All

On the Ninth day of waiting, a big fan gave to me: Nine Nazgūl, Eight Rohan-Riders, Seven Dwarven Rings, Six orcs a’fightin’, FIVE GOLDEN RINGS, Four pointy ears, Three Elf-Bows, Two Frodo dolls, and a Ring to Rule Them All

On the Tenth day of waiting, a big fan gave to me: Ten bouts with Gollum, Nine Nazgūl, Eight Rohan-Riders, Seven Dwarven Rings, Six orcs a’fightin’, FIVE GOLDEN RINGS, Four pointy ears, Three Elf-Bows, Two Frodo dolls, and a Ring to Rule Them All

On the Eleventh day of waiting, a big fan gave to me: Eleven moving forests, Ten bouts with Gollum, Nine Nazgūl, Eight Rohan-Riders, Seven Dwarven Rings, Six orcs a’fightin’, FIVE GOLDEN RINGS, Four pointy ears, Three Elf-Bows, Two Frodo dolls, and a Ring to Rule Them All

On the Twelfth day of waiting, a big fan gave to me: 12 LOYAL HOBBITS... Eleven moving forests, Ten bouts with Gollum, Nine Nazgūl, Eight Rohan-Riders, Seven Dwarven Rings, Six orcs a’fightin’, FIVE GOLDEN RINGS, Four pointy ears, Three Elf-Bows, Two Frodo dolls...aaand a Riiiing to Ruuuuule Them Alllllll!

It's kinda rough, and it needs some adjustment, but I thought I'd throw it out there before someone else thought it up. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Eagerly awaiting the REAL Return of the King - Jesus Christ! Revelation 19:11-16
Knight of Gondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2002, 10:42 PM   #2
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

It's good...but maybe you should have posted it in Middle-earth Mayhem? Turn it into the "LotR meets Christmas carols" thread. Just a thought. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-12-2002, 07:27 PM   #3
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

Oh. Oops. I thought it might belong here because it relates to TTT. Doggone it, so they thought of it before me???!!! NUTS!
Eagerly awaiting the REAL Return of the King - Jesus Christ! Revelation 19:11-16
Old 10-12-2002, 07:52 PM   #4
Childlike Empress
Wight

Childlike Empress has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

No, she means you should start LotR meets Christmas Carols [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Childlike Empress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2002, 08:15 PM   #5
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Oh! I thought she said Turn IN to the thread entitled that. Okay!
Old 10-12-2002, 09:17 PM   #6
Eruialiwen
Haunting Spirit

Eruialiwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Eruialiwen
Eye

LOL, I like. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 10-14-2002, 02:01 PM   #7
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Here you go!

Topic: LotR meets Christmas carols

If you want to post, you can go there!
Old 10-15-2002, 07:35 PM   #8
the mortal elf
Wight

the mortal elf has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to the mortal elf
Tolkien

Thanks Knight of Gondor! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] This might make waiting easier, except we need to add.......
hmm....more than ninety more verses [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] oh well. I printed it off and being the complete wacko I am, I'm going to sing it every day!
Old 10-15-2002, 08:23 PM   #9
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Fine with me! I'll be famous. Tell your friends that Knight of Gondor is the inventer of this masterpiece! Maybe I can sell the rights to Peter Jackson...for a modest sum. Heh heh heh...