Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-17-2003, 06:49 AM   #601
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arien has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Arien
Silmaril

Niamh had been sitting there all night and now in the early hours of the morning she still was, only herself and a few sleepless characters were scattered around the Inn. Niamh looked down into her empty mug, yawned and stood up to get another tea at that moment Mylasia came down the stairs.

"You have been down here since I left you?"
"yes, sorry, I wasn't feeling tired"
"Ok.....let me get something to eat and I will join you"

Niamh took her tea from the bar and sat down, a few minutes later Mylasia joined her.

"We will have to leave soon." said Mylasia looking into Niamh eyes.
"I know, I know" sighed Niamh, then she decided to ask Mylasia, "Why exactly are we running? I have asked you before but you have only told me who from, not why. You tell me I am too young, it is becoming a joke now, you knew when you were my age, please Mylasia tell me"

Mylasia was startled by Niamh's bold question, it was true some how she always avoided telling Niamh what had really happened. She contemplated her thoughts for a few seconds..."Niamh..."

"Please tell, tell me why they killed mother, why father went missing, I am not a child any more, please"

"Ok, I will tell you", Mylasia drew a deep breath, "As you know our mother Vadwati was of the Haradrim, she was a princess, stunning, allowed to rule over her own village, Penal. She was kind and generous to the people in her village and in turn they loved her, and they swore to never betray her. It had been many years since our grandfather Boodoo, a barbaric warlord, had visited our mother for he trusted her and saw no need to.

One day a stranger wondered into the village, badly wounded from battle and near death. The healer healed his wounds and brought him back to full health. He was introduced to our mother, and he praised her for her kindness and said that there was a gross misunderstanding of how the Haradrim lived. Our mother said there was not, she was an exception. The stranger told of where he came from, Rivendell, he was an elf captured in battle and left for slaughter by his enemies in Harad.

Mother and he fell in love, and married without the consent of mothers father and our father gave up his immortality for her.

Now they lived happily and had two children, you and I. The village was remote and everyone promised not to tell Boodoo, for they also feared for their lives. But there was a traitor in the village, and they went and told Boodoo, he came and slew everyone in the village, and our mother. He said she had betrayed him and that, no child of his would ever love the enemy especially one that didnt not worship the dark lord.

While this was going on our father was leading us to the North, us upon Roman and him upon Fibro, he lead us to the boarders of Harad then he left us. He told me to take care of you and to keep riding, never to stop for more than 2 days.

And we havn't"

"wow, I never knew" said Niamh, in pure shock. "So why are we being chased"

"Boodoo, doesn't want us alive. We are a memory of his sinful daughter. He loves to kill. Loves it. He sends more assains to kill us and the price gets higher for our heads. Everday. You would think that we would be left a lone, but no he really hates us."

Niamh sat back, her poor mother, how....could her grandfather do that.......where was her father?
Old 02-17-2003, 10:32 AM   #602
Eruwen

Eruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Rave listened attentively at Huntress' reply. She seemed very troubled, but somehow Rave felt she wanted to get through to her.

Quote:
"So what about you Rave, are you just a Rider, or are you a travler to?"
"You could say I am a traveler." Rave replied. "I was on search of my past, but coming to this inn has seemed to make me turn from that quest. I have come to doubt I will ever find what I was looking for. I left my home in Rohan long ago to see if anyone could tell me answers. I traveled far across Middle Earth finding none. When I arrived here, I decided to abandon my search."

"What will you do after you leave, then?" asked Huntress. "You spoke of your home. Will you return there...with your family?"

Rave looked at Huntress as if looking through her. She seemed lonely---deserted in this world.

"I have no family." Rave said after a few short moments. "I have no family, thus nor do I have a home. I will never return to Rohan...ever."

Rave looked down at the table on which she rested her arms. It seemed as a shadow was hovering over her. She almost felt anger against the one city that she loved. She looked up suddenly at Huntress.

"What about you, Huntress?" she asked. "Hasn't your family been wondering where you are during you journey as a ranger?"

[ February 17, 2003: Message edited by: Eruwen ]
Old 02-17-2003, 10:58 AM   #603
theWhiteLady
Wight

theWhiteLady has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

The young woman listened and understood. Where her mind had been a whirlwind before, it now was tranquil and still. Under the surface, a myriad of emotions swirled but they did not break surface, not yet. Laurie knew she was not in shock, she simply understood and accepted. The fate of the Eldar was ever before them, and through her mother’s past, she was to find her future. Laurie rose calmly and took Pio’s hand between her own.

“Thank you, dear friend. You have made clear much that troubled me. I will ride with you, when the time comes, and then my choice shall be made known.” Laurie’s eyes studied the ageless face of the Elf before her. For some reason, she thought of the beauty and wisdom, the memory of sorrow and sparkling presence of joy that was held behind the cool, grey eyes. She smiled. “Pio, allow me to leave the inn for a few days, I think I shall need much time for reflection. If you need me, please call as... as you spoke to me before. I will return before the twins are born, I would not miss their birth for every jewel hidden in the dark earth or wild sea.”

Pio watched the young woman carefully before nodding her assent with a smile. Laurie rose and bid the innkeeper a peaceful sleep. Pio sat and listened to the steps fade away, the soft sound of the white dress disappear around the corner and she knew Laurie would not sleep herself. The young woman would be gone by first daybreak.
Old 02-17-2003, 11:10 AM   #604
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

"So we must leave soon?" asked Niamh.
"Yes, tomorrow."
"But, surely, this is the Shire it is so peaceful, they would not come here."
"They would and they will, you dont want another confrontation like the last time do you?"

Niamh remembered, 10 riders had been chasing them. So fast were their steeds, but Roman was faster, even though he bore two. Niamh had slain 5 with the deadly shots from her bow, and 3 Mylasia killed with her sword when they were too close. The other 2 they had lost while travelling across the Barrow Downs, thats what Mylaisa had called them. That was nigh on 2 weeks ago. But it was not the first attack, there had been may before. And if Mylasia was right more to come.

"No", said Niamh finally,"No I dont. One more night then we may leave."

[ February 17, 2003: Message edited by: Arien ]
Old 02-17-2003, 11:41 AM   #605
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

~~~~~~~~ NOTICE OF NEW GAME OPENING ~~~~~~~~

The Road to Erebor RPG Discussion Thread will be open to take on character bio submissions on Tuesday, February 18th. (You can currently read about the Game, but not post on the thread, as it is 'closed'.)

First chance to play a character for this game will go to those Gamers: who are not currently participating in a game in the Shire, Rohan, or Gondor.

All interested Gamers who meet the above requirement should work up a well written character bio for one of the character types listed on the discussion thread. Then, post it on the Discussion Thread when it is opened on Tuesday.

Choice of who will play in the Game is at the discretion of the Game owner.
Old 02-17-2003, 12:33 PM   #606
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

"N-nothing" said Ellie, struggling to get her breathing under control. She stood up shakily, pushing off Drago's arm. He looked hurt.

"It can't be nothing" said Drago reasonably. "Tell me"

"You wouldn't understand." Ellie said "You wouldn't care! Why should you, knowing magic and all? Why would you care about me when no-one else does?"

Once again she began crying, sitting down this time on the edge of the bed.
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Old 02-17-2003, 02:09 PM   #607
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Himaran has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Himaran
Sting

Bali explained his plan to Burzdol and the others at the table. "I now must post that notice. We will need other warriors to make the journey."

He wrote a description of the quest on a napkin and, taking it over to billboard, he hung it there. Then he returned to the table.

"I think that we are all quite weary, but we still have work to do. Ask around and see if you can find warriors willing to make the trip and fight for Erebor. Make sure to mention the reward of treasure; that will catch their attention if nothing else."

And so the three warriors went their separate ways around the inn, and found several man, elven, and dwarven warriors willing to go with them on their journey. Telling them that the group was leaving early the next morning, the friends returned to their table and related who they had found.

"Not many, but enough to help," said Bali. "Let us hope that the notice will attract more before the night is over. Now let us rest for a while and then go to bed. We will need to start early tomorrow morning."

Kaldon had seen the notice. The dwarf is moving quicker than I thought. A messenger must have gotten through to him before I came.

He pondered his possible options, coming at last to the conclusion that it would be impossible for him to deal with Bali inside the inn. One incident had been enough for the night, and it was clear to Kaldon that the Bali's elf-friend was keeping a watchful eye on him.

And then it came to him. I will go with Bali...
Old 02-17-2003, 03:41 PM   #608
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

maikafanawen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to maikafanawen
Pipe

As Ani Dao listened to Nevlhachien describing one of her adventures, she noticed a dwarf tack something up on the bulletin board. She excused herself for a moment and went to look at it. After reading it over she thought to herself, perhaps this could be my chance for true adventure. She took another drink of her ale and went back to join Nevlhacien and Sofiya.

“Where did you go?” asked Nevlhachien. The mirkwoodian elf shrugged, “To get more ale.” The two elves nodded and Nevlhachien continued her story. Ani Dao’s mind began to wander, leading her back to ancient memories …

“Quickly, Ani, attackers come from all sides in face-to-face,” informed her personal trainer, Ahret Ban. She defeated the allusionistic enemies in a quick combination of flexible kicks, and punches, finishing off the last one by pinning him to a tree with one of her throwing knives. The allusions faded into the ground, and she retrieved her knife from the large oak, wiping its blade off on her tunic.

“That was good.” Complemented Ahret Ban. “Try with the sword now.” He chose a long blade off the bench behind him and handed the hilt to Ani. She stepped back.

“Master, I dislike the blade, and I can do better without it,” protested the maverick warrior elf. The weapons master stood firm holding the blade out in front of him.

“Ani Dao, if you do not learn all forms of combat, you will be of no use to the royal guards or of special service to the king.” Surrendering to his comment, Ani Dao grasped the hilt firmly and swung it once to her left and over her head standing perfectly still, awaiting the first assault. When it didn’t come, she glanced over at her master. In that split second, a hallucinated warg hit her from her left side throwing her onto the ground. She quickly recovered and turned to face it as it began to advance. She sensed the second warg on her left and turned out to meet it. She caught it mid-air plunging the sword into its throat. She removed the blade in a single sweep and sliced the third warg as it crept up behind her. The warrior then flipped out of the way of the first warg and set herself above it in a nearby tree. As the warg turned in confusion she leapt off the branch landing on the mutated wolves’ back, stabbing it with the clean blade as she fell. It bolted taking her weapon with it. Then it disappeared and her sword lay on the ground about thirty yards away. The fourth, largest warg then emerged from the forest and stood over her blade. She immediately groped for her throwing knives. Finding them missing she ran right at the huge allusion. Side-stepping it at the last second, she recovered her blade and threw it at the animal. It caught in its neck. He stumbled around momentarily then collapsed in a heap of invisibility. The weapons master nodded his approvement.

“You are very gifted in the ways of combat, Ani Dao. You will be great one day.” …

Ani Dao shook her head and glanced over towards the notice, where a few more dwarves and men were reading it. She would inquire about it tomorrow with the dwarf. Now she decided that she would continue her conversation with the two elves she had befriended.
Old 02-17-2003, 04:20 PM   #609
Huntress
Pile O'Bones

Huntress has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

[QUOTE]
"What about you, Huntress?" she asked. "Hasn't your family been wondering where you are during you journey as a ranger?"

Every part of Raves story had hit Huntress like a physical blow she began to understand exactly how much she did have in commen with Rave. Huntress alowed a small smile to escape her lips as she realised that her first instincts about this women had been right she had found in a way some one who would understand,

"I very much like you have no family, infact I don't know where I came from." she took a deep unsteady breath, this was it no turning back.

"Its a part of the reason I've been travelling my parents were murderd while we were I don't know moving, wandering, I was to young to know where we were going to or where we came from but I do know that they were murderd not by orcs but by...by..." She almost couldn't say it for years this knowledge had haunted her no one had belived her when she had said what she'd seen but then even for an elf she wsas very young. "They were killed by a man or an elf I wasn't able to tell which, but since then i've been searching to avenge them."

Huntress didn't look up from the table or her drink it had been a long time since anyone had heard that story and she didn't enjoy brining up those memories or was she ashamed to have wasted so much of her life looking for scum.

"And so my trail has lead me to the Shire where it appears to be going cold, maybe I to will never find what i'm looking for."

It was a sobering thought the fact that she might fail in this, which had taken up her entire life, Rave's honest voice cut through her thoughts,

"But if your parents were killed who raised you." she asked it gently with only the softest sound of curisoity in her voice, a large lump came to Huntresses cheast she found it hard to breath she couldn't explain it,

"I was raised at first by men they found me after the attack, then I moved on and was raised by a ranger he died so then I moved to another villege and well stayed with them for a short time. I left when I was ready and when I felt I could be taught no more in arts of war and fighting and so began my journy or search."

"What about other elves why didn't you try and find them." amusment danced for a second in Huntress' eyes

"I met a few on my journeys but You could say I never made the time for them...so as strange as it may seem I don't have a home and have never put my name on any place of elfs to call my own."

Huntress could see these things been procesed by Rave, then once agian Huntress was complelled by that unknown force to ask Rave questions, to for the first time in her life try and become friends, well at least try,

"You now know what I have been searching for and you also know a little of my life, prehaps if you wouldn't mind you could share some of yours with me."

[ February 17, 2003: Message edited by: Huntress ]

[ February 17, 2003: Message edited by: Huntress ]
Old 02-17-2003, 04:26 PM   #610
The Ruling Ring
Haunting Spirit

The Ruling Ring has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"Ellie," Drago began in confusion but paused, his tone and look softening. The girl was obviously quite troubled. He sat down next to her, looking at her with concern.

"You know," he said, "I think I know how you feel. When I decided to go off and learn magic, everyone I knew turned against me, really. Even my mother told me I was being a fool, that I would never be what I wished to be out there. No one wanted to speak to me after that except for Geriber, Ojo and Mergo, the other three who wanted to learn magic, too. But after we left, we never met a single person who was kind to us, after they learned what we were and what we wanted to do. You and Champignonne were the first ones to show me any kindness, in countless years," he broke off, looking for a response. "I do care, Ellie. Really, I do."
Old 02-17-2003, 04:58 PM   #611
Eruwen

Tolkien

Rave smiled at her guest's eagerness to tell her background. It seemed that a large burden had suddenly been lifted from Huntress.

Quote:
"You now know what I have been searching for and you also know a little of my life, prehaps if you wouldn't mind you could share some of yours with me."
"Certainly." Rave replied. "When I was young---too young to remember---I was found on the outskirts of Rohan by a wandering soldier. He took me into the city and I was raised by a family there. I never knew where I came from. I never knew who my real family were. Actually, I don't even know still where I originally am from. I took on the identity of a maiden of Rohan."

Rave remover her hood to reveal the long, black hair of her real people.

"As you can see," she continued. "I do not have the traits of a woman from Rohan. That is what I was in search of. I wanted to find my true home, and possible to find my real family, but I failed in my search. Now I believe I will choose to become a Ranger of Middle Earth. I don't see any other choice. There is no where else to go."

Rave looked up at Huntress who was now staring blankly back at her.

"It seemes we have a lot in common, my friend." Rave said.

Huntress began to smile as if a long-awaited joy had finally come.
Old 02-17-2003, 05:35 PM   #612
Huntress
Pile O'Bones

Huntress has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

The smile had crept up on Huntress without warning, it was unuseual as it changed her she no longer felt uneasy in this place it was as though the Shire had breathed new life into her,

For a moment Huntress stared at Rave, since Rave had let her hood down Huntress found her quiet striking infact appart from herslef she tried to place where she had seen colouring like Rave's in middle earth, but she could not place it only put it to a likeness of her own black hair. The silence was streaching and finally Huntress spoke,

"It is strange how we that have had fate deal us a somewhat cruel card in life, should find our journeys halted in the Shire." Rave smiled as an indication that similar thoughts had also been going through her mind, so feeling a little braver having had her burden lifted continued,

"I wish to ask you now my friend, now that our journeys are over how long you intend to remain in the shire before you set off again if you choose to do so."

For it was the hope of Huntress that she may be able to build up enough trust in someone to finally tell them her real name, if she could ever be that relaxed.

The smile crossed Huntress' face again for since she had entered the Green Dragon she had removed much of the stress that was shortening her long life. Rave appeared to have made up her mind to answer about her plans so Huntress waited.
Old 02-17-2003, 06:13 PM   #613
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Ring

Kaldon waited until the elf left the table, and went over to the bar to order something. He moved swiftly.

Approaching Bali's table slowly, he swept off his hood and straighted his jet black hair. "Good evening, sir. I noticed your note asking for warriors to accompany on your journey to Erebor. I happen to be a fighter who will soon be leaving for that very mountain. I am friends of the dwarves, you see. I will gladly accompany you and lend my skills to your cause."

"Ah!," said Bali. "You are just the person I am looking for. I wished for one more man to come along, and here one just pops up next to me! You say you have friends in that area?"

"As a matter of fact, I came this way on a mission for the dwarf lord himself." "Why, then you must know my friend Eruantalon, here. He also was in the service of the king."

Kaldon had never seen him, but kept of an excellent pretense. "I doubt I ever had the pleasure of meeting him, but I believe that I saw him once before I left the king's hall." He shook Eruantalon's hand warmly.

"My name is Kaldon. I am a ranger from the north of Eriador, and have made the journey to Erebor many times alone."

It was obvious that Bali was quite happy to have another warrior along, but Eruantalon was not so sure about him. "What skills would you have that can aid our cause?"

Kaldon smiled. "I am an expert knife thrower, and also carry a broadsword. I need no other weapons, and have never lost a fight which I engaged in."

Bali was impressed. "I would be most greatful for your services, sir Kaldon. Here, sit down and have a drink, on me of course. We plan to leave early in the morning, tomorrow."

What a fool. "Yes, we do want to get an early start. By the way, do you have any idea who is behind this dreadful attack on our homeland?"

Bali's face turned stony. "Aye, 'tis a man named Galdon Finllo. He was once a prisoner, but was released and now has returned for revenge."

"Oh." Kaldon tried his best to act like he had never heard his father's name before. Then he noticed the elf coming back from the bar. The elf that didn't trust him. "Who is that elf over there?"

"That, my friend, is Burzdol, and a fine elf he is. When he gets over here I will introduce him."

Kaldon squirmed for a way out. "I would love to meet him, but I have some personal business to attend to before the night is over. I will be waiting for you downstairs tomorrow." With that he stood and disappeared.

Kaldon had not been quick enough, for Burzdol had seen him. What is that man doing at our table? He came over and sat down, setting the roasted herring, fresh bread and several pints of ale down on the table.

"Bali, what was that man doing over here. You know I don't like the look of him."

"Now Burzdol, he's actually quite a polite young man, and he offered to go along on our journey. Give him a chance, at least."

Burzdol sat in silence. He would give the man a chance, but would not lower his vigilence. That one was trouble.
Old 02-17-2003, 06:58 PM   #614
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Frodo Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Thumbs up

Cromthal giggled at the sight of Rirrym being pushed over by the dog. He remembered once how he himself somehow had ended up with one of his master's dogs sitting on his head.

Cromthal leaned back against the pillows with a sigh. What a night! First dogs scaring you out of your skin, and now being shaken awake by nightmares! You are entirely too old for this Cromthal!

"Cromthal? What's that on you hand?" Rirrym asked. Cromthal had a small purple spot on the back of his left hand.

"Hmm? Oh, that just proves how terribly clumsy I am. I was sitting on the ground a couple of days ago and as I was getting up I stepped on my hand. Only I could stop on my hand. I trip over my own feet too." He smirked as he said this, poking fun at himself.
Old 02-17-2003, 07:05 PM   #615
Eruwen

Tolkien

Quote:
"I wish to ask you now my friend, now that our journeys are over how long you intend to remain in the shire before you set off again if you choose to do so."
"I'm not quite sure yet." Rave answered to Huntress. "I guess I am just waiting for a reason to leave. The Shire is a wonderful place. I have grown very attached to it these few days I have been here. I don't have a need to leave right now, but I am waiting until one comes along."

Rave ordered a cup of tea from the bar and sat down again to continue her conversation with her newfound friend.
Old 02-17-2003, 08:32 PM   #616
avarrogion
Wight

avarrogion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to avarrogion
The Eye

It was quite a journey to the Shire for Enlothien. And now he was here standing at the door of the inn called Green Dragon. He put a smile on his face, The Green Dragon reminded him of the inn called Prancing Pony. Enlothien had heard a lot about this inn, a place where adventures begin.

Now he was standing inside the inn, it was crowded, people from all races were there, elves, men and halflings. Enlothien pulled down his hood to reveal his unnatural elvish looks, yellowish eyes and purplish hair tied to the back. He is looking for a sit in the inn.
Old 02-17-2003, 09:15 PM   #617
Elladan Peredhil
Animated Skeleton

Elladan Peredhil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Rirrym chuckled at Cromthal's response before he once again looked down at the purple mark on the hand. "Have you put anything on it yet to speed up the healing?" Cromthal merely shook his head. "Perhaps we could put some of the herbs that you put on my foot earlier -- I'm sure they've helped with the swelling, and probably will help with the bruising too."

"I can't put the herbs on myself," Cromthal answers. "And even if I could, I couldn't manage to wrap my hand up to keep the herbs in place until it has healed."

Rym shook his head, a twinkle clearly evident in his eyes. "I've got two perfectly good hands to help with the binding if you need it," he said. "With all you've done for me lately, it'd be the least I could do."

Cromthal nodded and gave a smile. "I'd appreciate that..." he said quietly, moving once again to get his cloth pack of medicines and herbs from it's place under the bed. With Rym's help, the hand was soon bound, and the dog sniffed and licked it once, as if giving his approval at the workmanship.

Once they'd finished, Cromthal leaned back against the bed as Rym shoved the pack back under the bed for safekeeping. "You know, you're not the only clumsy one..." he said with a smile. "I think I've broken, bruised, sprained, and/or dislocated just about every part of my body at some point or another. The healer that lived in the village half a day's ride from where I grew up once said that I was nothing more than an accident waiting to happen. Another time she said I was her most frequent visitor..."
Old 02-17-2003, 09:26 PM   #618
avarrogion
Wight

The Eye

To every one in the inn he`s like a stranger and to him everyone in the inn is a stranger. People gave him a look. Enlothien just ignored the look the gave and proceed to the bar. He sat on an empty stool and ordered a hot cup of tea.

He was used to being stare at He wasn`t the typical elf type who carries a bow. Enlothien uses a double sided katana. He was of course an assassin! The tea came and he ttok a sip.
Old 02-17-2003, 10:56 PM   #619
Orual
Speaker of the Dead

Orual has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Talômi rose slowly from the ground. Huddling by the wall wouldn't make matters any better, and would likely make them worse. If Rie found him there, in such a sorry state...well, that wouldn't be the way he'd most want to start this reunion, that was all. So he'd get another drink and try to think this out before he did anything rash.

He walked into the common room, his hood thrown back over his face. He got an ale and was looking for a place to sit when someone caught his eye: an Elf, whose name (from what he could hear of the conversation) was Tarondo. Talômi had a strange feeling that he ought to talk to this Elf, and his intuition was rarely wrong; it had saved him and Rie from a fair number of scrapes in the past, and he knew to trust it. He went over, smiled shyly, and gestured to the empty seat. "Is anyone sitting here?"
Old 02-17-2003, 11:34 PM   #620
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nuranar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nuranar
Silmaril

‘No, please join us.’ Tarondo looked up, a little surprised, but not displeased. ‘My name is Tarondo and this is my sister Luinien. We are lately of Mirkwood.’ His eyes rested for a moment in perplexity on the young man’s hair, revealed as he threw back his hood. I know I’ve seen that color before...

Luinien gave him a poke and he recollected his manners. ‘What brings you to the Shire?’ he inquired, simultaneously shooting his sister a sly glare.
Old 02-18-2003, 01:40 AM   #621
avarrogion
Wight

The Eye

Enlothien was sipping his tea while observing the crowd at the inn. It was pack and he could the sounds of people chattering about here and there. The tea he was drinking is almost due to it`s last drop. Enlothien called out the bar tender,

" More hot water please " said Enlothien in a deep monotoned voice neither with feelings nor emotions. Just plainly monotoned voice.

A group of elves were talking nearby, he could hear someone introducing themself to the 3rd person, Torondo and Luinen. That`s what he heard. His tea came back and he sat there sipping it.
Old 02-18-2003, 02:59 AM   #622
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

That night as Niamh laid in her bed the nightmares started again.......Screaming, blood, her mothers death, it was more clear now after Mylasia had told her. She could see them upon Roman, their father fair and graceful, saying goodbye, "Mylasia take care of Niamh, if you need me I will be where the Elenor grows....".

She jolted up from her bed, sweating. The land where the Elenor grows. Why hadn't she remembered this before? Why?

Niamh slipped out of her bed silently and tip toed ove to Mylasias bed. Then she hesitated. Mylasia would forbid her to go and try and find him. If she wanted to go she would have gone by now. Niamh decided to go alone.

She packed all her things and put on her travelling gear. She glided down the dark staicase and out of the door. "Goodbye Mylasia, I must go, I don't know why, but I must go" she wispered into the frosty night air. Roman, was waiting in the stables. She climbed upon him and then she rode him out of the stables and down the path.

Behind the shadows of the stable lurked a assasin of Boodoo, Niamh was being tracked.

[ February 18, 2003: Message edited by: Arien ]

[ February 18, 2003: Message edited by: Arien ]
Old 02-18-2003, 02:00 PM   #623
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Thumbs up

Notice of players needed:

Himaran has room in his new RPG, 'The Road to Erebor', for gamers.

He needs 3 Dwarves from Erebor and 1 warrior of the Mannish race (male or female).

This will be an exciting game. All those not already in cureent RPG's should try out for this one. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 02-18-2003, 04:29 PM   #624
Orual
Speaker of the Dead

Sting

"What brings you to the Shire?"

Talômi threw back his hood and sat down. "I've been here for a couple of days, looking for someone," Talômi explained. "My name is Talômi, son of Almarien. Brother of Talmérië..." He faltered, then grinned. "That's why you recognize me, if you do. She's my twin--we look very similar. I've been searching for her almost nonstop since she left, but I'm afraid that as it always was she left me in her dust. I think that's probably because I stopped at every in from Gondor to the Shire!" He laughed. "But none like this one, I'll say that. This is most certainly a unique place.

"But I'm straying from the point and taking up your time," Talômi said, and smiled apologetically. "My apologies. I am wondering if you know my sister, who probably goes as Rië or Rie here."
Old 02-18-2003, 05:11 PM   #625
Maegaladiel
Haunting Spirit

Maegaladiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Nahai pulled her cloak tighter around herself, now realizing how cold she was. Her stomach growled loudly, sounding rather like the growl of the she-bear form she sometimes chose to take on. It growled again, much louder. Now it sounded more like her uncle Beorn's bear cry. Well, more like his snoring, now that she thought about it. She chuckled, remembering the happy days spent in his house as a child. But then memories of the years before came flooding back, wiping the grin off of her fair face. If only her parents were still alive.

She forced those memories back into their dark hiding places, ordering a drink ("something hot") and a plate of whatever food the inn had ready at the moment. Shoving bread into her mouth ravenously, she looked around again.

Everyone seemed to be talking at once, happilly chatting with friends, talking of their pasts, or plotting amongst each other. Must be nice to have someone to confide in, she thought. This thought sparked new anger towards those who...stole her life. Robbed her of everything she cared for. Took away her family. When she found them, those murderers would regret ever messing with a shape shifter. She felt a bear growl building in her throat as she thought of them, and quickly changed it to a cough as several patrons turned to look at her. Whoops..heh heh. Red showing on her tanned cheeks, she turned back to her food.
Old 02-18-2003, 05:49 PM   #626
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Pio sat in the darkness of her rooms. Her talk with Laurie had gone well. ‘That one will find her path with sure steps.’ she thought to herself. She watched the stars wheel and dance in the sky for a short while, then relit the small lamp by her side.

Her red note book lay on the table by her, and she picked it up flipping to the page where she had made her list of things needed before the babies came. Taking a fresh quill from the portable writing desk at the other side of her chair, she dipped the tip into the ink and went about editing her entries.

The midwife had been found. Sam’s wife, Miz Rose would do her the honors. Now what about the position of Innkeeper. She chewed her lip and tapped the feather against her cheek. ‘Ah! What about Prim?!’

Primrose Bolger, a distantly related cousin to Fatty Bolger would fit the bill nicely. A down to earth Hobbit with a good head for judging people and a good mind for business. A hard worker – she had been a server at the Inn for about a year now and had been a tremendous help to Pio when she first had come and had the Inn drop in her lap. She was the kind of young woman who dove right in to manage anything thrown her way.

Prim was thirty-five years old, and unattached as yet, though many of the young males hung on her every word and eyed her as she moved about the room serving drinks. Pio kidded her about her covey of admirers, but Prim just laughed it off saying she was too young to think about settling down as yet. She had too much she wanted to do.

Perfect! She would ask her tomorrow if she would be willing to take over the Innkeeper duties.

Pio closed the book and put it down on the table again. Her hand brushed across a pile of papers that lay stacked in an unruly heap, and several fluttered to the ground. The first one she picked up was a bill from one of the suppliers. She laid it aside to deal with tomorrow.

It was the second one that caught her eye. Narello had done it. She smiled to see it, and her mind quested out to see how the boy fared. He was well and sleeping – in the open beneath the stars and the sighing trees. The picture was lovely. The Two Trees, their light captured well by his young hand. She heaved herself up from her chair and found a silver frame to place it in. ‘Right here.’ she said, placing it on the mantel of the small fireplace. ‘The light from the sun and moon as they stream in the window will shine on the Trees from which they sprang. And I will see it each day as I enter the room.’

She touched his mind once more. A precious gift, Narello! I thank you.
Old 02-18-2003, 07:16 PM   #627
avarrogion
Wight

The Eye

Enlothien heard and observe a lot of people in the inn. There was of course a lady with a red book and the elves who were now sitting and talking thou two of them look a like. Must be twins. And then a new face caught his eyes. She was coughing rather loudly.

Enlothien smiled to himself as he saw there was an empty sit next to her. It was about time Enlothien starts to make some friends and not enemies around this part of Middle Earth. His past still haunt him. Enlothien drank the last drop of tea and proceed to approach theempty seat.

" Do you mind if join you? "
Old 02-18-2003, 08:38 PM   #628
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Sting

Bali stood up at the table. "Friends, wait here for me, I have a few things I must take care of with the innkeeper."

He walked around the bar and to one of the back rooms. He slowly pushed the door open, not wanting to intrude into her private time.

Piosenniel was sitting in a rocking chair, with a young girl. Her feet were up, an open drink sat on the counter next to her, and it was clear that she was relaxing.

Bali was a little embarressed upon entering, but when she saw him she smiled. "What might you be needing, Bali?"

Much relieved, Bali returned the smile. "M'lady, I have something to give to and ask of you..."
Old 02-18-2003, 08:57 PM   #629
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

The Eye

Kaldon sat at a table near the door. Now everything is in place. I have only to wait for him to get here.

Then the inn door swung open and a dwarf entered the inn. Is that him? Kaldon watched him closely. Then the dwarf noticed him and walked over casually, ordering a drink before he sat down at Kaldon's table.

"You're late." The dwarf smirked. "Aye, and you would be too if you made a journey like that one in bad weather, on a horse, too. Riding all night through a heavy downpour to get here. I'm fair soaked."

Kaldon smirked back. "Aye, its a tough business, but it pays well. So, here's the plan..."

[ February 18, 2003: Message edited by: Himaran ]
Old 02-18-2003, 09:23 PM   #630
Burzdol
Shade of Carn Dûm

Burzdol has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

When Bali had walked off Burzdol started talking to Erulon, "I don't like him. Not one bit. Though if he is to help we should give him a chance."

"I can't stand him," Erulon replied

"Hey, who is that talking to him now?" Burzdol pointed to a new dwarf.

Both the man and elf sat puzzleing the strange arrival. I wonder what they're up to. If they try anything I'm going to.....
Old 02-18-2003, 09:39 PM   #631
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Frodo Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Boots

"Well, Rirrym, at least she had someone she knew she could count on. Right?" Cromthal said with a smile. "I really never have done very much in the buisiness of healing. That was part of my training under my master though. That and my music, and I had to learn the law and lore of my people in order to be able to rule." Cromthal continued. He yawned widely, he suddenly felt as if all the strength had been drained form him, and if he hadn't been lying down, he would have collapsed.

"Oh...excuse me. I guess I am more tired than you are." He wondered about going back to sleep. "Rirrym, you are sure you are comfortable in that chair?"
Old 02-18-2003, 10:05 PM   #632
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Laurie had left and Pio was sitting in the low light of one small lamp when the Dwarf entered. She came alert and stood, trying to remember whether this had been one of the trouble makers earlier in the Common Room. A niggling memory of him trying to restrain his fractious friend with words returned to her, and she relaxed. This was the friendly one of the group, the one who liked to drink, and laugh, and tell good stories.

She smiled at him, motioning him to come sit with her a while. She sat first, thinking that if she did he would feel more comfortable. She watched him as he made his way to the chair, his eyes on her. He was about a foot smaller than a grown man, and sported the Dwarvish long brown beard. It lay on the light mail coat he wore over his brown tunic. About his shoulders, though the night was warm, he wore a heavy brown cloak. She noted his axe, kept secured in the long black strap that went round his back. Most interesting though were the chiseled features of his face and his bright sparkling eyes, above which he bore a scar that marked him as a warrior who had seen heavy fighting.

He sat, perched on the edge of his seat as if for flight, willing himself to sit there in her presence. She looked at him gravely, though the ghost of an impish gleam shone in her eyes. ‘Well met, Master Dwarf.” Snippets of conversation came to her and brought his name. ‘Bali. Is it not?’ He nodded imperceptibly as she went on. ‘And what might I do for one from glorious Erebor, the jeweled city beneath the mountain?’
Old 02-18-2003, 10:14 PM   #633
Elladan Peredhil
Animated Skeleton

Elladan Peredhil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Rirrym smiled. "Yes, the chair is actually quite comfortable. Certainly more comfortable than I expected it would be." He stood up and stretched before pacing back to the chair to give Cromthal some room to sleep if he so chose. He patted his lap to get the dogs attention away from whapping Cromthal's face with his tail and the dog ran and leapt onto his chest, effectively winding Rym. "We're going to have to work on your landings, furrball," Rym said with a soft laugh once he'd managed to catch his breath back.

He sat for a long while stroking the dog and waiting for the sun to come up, or Cromthal to awaken, whichever came first. He didn't know how long he sat there before he dozed off. The next thing he knew he was waking up to the dog licking his face. "What is it boy? Is it morning already?" he asked groggily.
Old 02-18-2003, 10:23 PM   #634
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

maikafanawen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to maikafanawen
Pipe

“So what are your stories Ani Dao?” asked Nevlhachien, looking at the newest member of their table. Ani Dao flicked her eyes between the two elves a bit nervously, then deciding there was nothing to hold back, resolved to narrate her story.

“Well,” began the elf, “I’m originally from Mirkwood.” She began to fiddle with her mug. “My father is the Head Guard under king Thranduil of Mirkwood. I trained for the Royal Guard for many years, alongside famous elves such as Legolas. You’ve heard of him maybe. After that course was completed, I went on to train privately with Ahret Ban, the king’s assassin. I was to be his successor. I did very well and succeeded, but the king had no use for me. He did not have any specific enemies, only the random band of orcs. So I left the kingdom in search of adventure.” She glanced up haphazardly and saw that both elves were listening intently so she continued.

“I remember one time in Mirkwood, when we had enemies, and a band of Easterlings had entered the forest, and attacked some of our people. I was still young, and not done training for the guard. A friend of mine, Lakr Bo, and I were told to stay in the Great Hall, as is customary for the peoples of Thranduil’s realm when a threat is imposed. We decided that the Guard needed all the help they could get, so we crept out, disguised as real guards, and made for the battle site. Once there, we joined the skirmish. But as I said, we were not fully trained and quickly failed. The recognized us as just young elflings so they simply drugged us and bound our hands and feet.”

Ani Dao paused to take another sip of her ale and clear her throat. She enjoyed sharing some of her past with her new friends.

“When we finally regained consciousness, we were in an Easterling camp not five miles outside Mirkwood forest. We guessed that the Mirkwoodian guards had won, and pushed the enemy out of their realm. That was good for them but bad for us. We had no hope of rescue. The ropes were strong and well knotted. Our hands and feet were swollen from the pressure of the cords and slipping out was not an option. One evening, the Easterlings said that their leader wished to speak with us. Dragging, Lakr and me to our feet we half walked and were half dragged to the Easterling Lord’s tent. On arrival we were violently thrust to the floor. The Easterling Lord introduced himself. ‘I am Benosh. Welcome to me camp.’ He then bent down and untied our hands but had two guards securely hold us from fleeing. ‘Food water?’ He had asked us. We refused to say anything, and he continued, ‘Maybe not. I do not wish to argue with you two ruffians, I simply ask for some cooperation. We were pushed back a ways from our last battle. But we do not give up. Once Mirkwood is achieved, we have a better vantage point to claim the lands of men with.’ Lakr must have guffawed quietly at that comment because a guard struck him hard making him fall to his knees. ‘Hihm! How will I get cooperation from them if they are uncomfortable!’ He dismissed the guard called ‘Hihm’, and another one took his place. ‘I apologize for that. Here, some ale?’ Lakr decided to take a drink. I watched him out of the corner of my eye. He seemed to be all right, but I decided to wait a minute longer before taking one myself. ‘There, now, where were we?’ Benosh went on to explain his plan of infiltrating the Mirkwoodian palace. He claimed that no elf should be harmed and that as soon as he had accomplished his goal, which he didn’t care to inform us of, he’d restore the realm to its rightful owners.’ At the end of his ‘claim’ he stopped and looked at me.

“ So I pondered the matter. I did not believe one of his lies for a minute. He was full of lies and deceit. His intentions were beneficiary to him and his army only. As for no elves shall be hurt, he did a poor job of expressing that at the last battle sight where many of my kin were slain. He seemed a bit nervous as I thought, which reinforced my sense of confidence in this matter. His success deeply depended on my cooperation. In the end I decided that this was our only chance of escape. But I did not give in right away. I had to play out that I was oblivious to his true motives, and would seriously aid him in his devilish plot.”

Sofiya and Nevlhachien’s eyes were wide as Ani Dao told her story. The warrior elf smiled to herself basking in the attention she was getting for her story. She had always liked storytelling, and had done much of it with the dwarves in her many travels. She took another swig of ale and continued her story.

“‘What’s it in for Lakr and me?’ I asked leading him on. He thought about it for a minute and said, ‘I think the reestablishment of your home is payment enough.’ I smirked and stood up straight, ‘What would that matter to us, once we betray the elves, we will find no welcome there.’ He nodded, ‘What is it you want?’ I snuck a quick look at Lakr Bo. His face was fierce as well looking at the Lord Easterling like he was his equal. My friend had guessed my plan and was playing along nicely. ‘We want glory and power too. When you conquer what you will of Middle-Earth we want a share of it.’ I cocked my head and looked challengingly at Benosh, ‘Think of it this way Benosh,’ his name rolled smoothly off my tongue, making him pay attention, ‘if we refuse to aid you in this first step, there will be no power and glory. You have either most, or nothing. It’s your choice. We also want protection when we have our share. You must not turn against us, and your army must protect us from any challengers, deal?’ I made to stick out my hand but remembered it was tied. Benosh glanced to the guards holding us, his fingers on his chin. He then stared with his narrow yellow eyes. I returned the stare unwavering until he finally looked away and he muttered, ‘Deal.’”

[TO BE CONTINUED]
Old 02-18-2003, 10:26 PM   #635
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nuranar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nuranar
Silmaril

“Rie? Ah, yes, Rie! I know her,” Tarondo acknowledged. “Our acquaintance was formed...most abruptly, shall we say.” The smile on his face concealed his thoughts. Searching for her? She must have run away...

“I have not seen her for some little time now, but I am certain she is somewhere around,” he continued, glancing perplexedly about the room. What if she runs off again?

“Let me ask the servers if they have seen her,” volunteered Luinien, reading his mind. I may do a bit of searching on my own, she continued silently as she crossed the room to the bar.
Old 02-18-2003, 11:03 PM   #636
Orual
Speaker of the Dead

Sting

Talômi looked up as Luinien left gratefully. He felt a little guilty for not going to find Rie himself, but if Luinien was offering...

He looked back to Tarondo. "I appreciate your help very much. I've missed my sister a great deal since she left, and a day hasn't gone by where I haven't thought of her." He laughed. "I sound like a jilted fiancé, don't I? You must understand, my sister and I were closer than we were with anyone else. When she would leave--go to my grandmother's house for the weekend, go anywhere--I would feel lost and empty, and took comfort only in the fact that I knew that she felt the same way. I just haven't been whole since she left. But I don't know how to approach her, how to...how to start this reunion. I'm afraid she didn't miss me." He sighed and took a sip of his drink. "Well, you seem to be pretty close to your own sister--she is your sister, isn't she? I imagine that you probably know how I feel, a little bit."

Once Rie had taken her leave of Derufin, she was pretty much on her own--she didn't know where Don was, or Nuru, or anybody else. So she just took a seat, kicked back, and proceeded to tell a few jokes with some of the other patrons of the Inn. She'd had one ale, just enough to loosen her tongue, and she had refused to have another: she was telling jokes, after all, and didn't want to tell any that she'd regret later on.

She had told a particularly good one and her audience roared appreciatively when she saw someone approaching. She didn't quite recognize the Elf, but seemed to have seen someone who looked a lot like her before. She took leave of her audience and went up to her. "Excuse me! I don't mean to be rude, but I seem to recognize you and I'm quite sure that I've never met you before. I'm Talmérië, or Rie...what can I call you?"
Old 02-19-2003, 07:07 AM   #637
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Sting

"M'lady, when I left the great forest of mirkwood, I was coming with a companion. A fine young elf by the name of Halònir. When we came to the Misty Mountains, we went our separate ways, he to Lothlòrien and I to the great dwarvish realm of Khazad-dûd; known by the name of Moria in the common tongue. Alas, Moria was taken, and so I left and came around the mountains. I followed Halonir until he reached Lothòrien, but knew nought of those people, and went around the forest. It is my guess that he remains there, with those few that are left of his people. But when we parted, he gave me this."

Bali pulled a beatiful elvish knife out from behind his cloak. It had a white handle, and on its long blade were many images of trees, and vines, all entwined. Its sheath was convered in gold strips.

"It is but a trifle to an elf, but to me it is much more than that. It is Halònir's property, not mine. And so, I am going on a journey which I may not return from, it is my wish that you keep this knife in safety, until I return. If word comes to you that I have fallen in battle or to another grevious death, I beg you to send it to the forest of Lothlòrien, where Halònir resides."

Then he took another item out of a small pouch on his left side. "This, M'lady, is a gift for you. You are a most excellent host, and have been quite hospitable to myself and my friends." He handed it to her.

It was a neckless, made from tiny mithril rings. Hung on it was a flat blue gem, but set with a mithril image of a crescant moon.

"I made it myself, when I was being taught in the art of blackmithery by my father. It is a pretty thing, but thus should go to a pretty person, not some old,ugly a beat up dwarf like me." Here he chuckled. "And so I give it to you."
Old 02-19-2003, 01:16 PM   #638
Maegaladiel
Haunting Spirit

Maegaladiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Nahai was slightly taken aback for a moment. Someone had asked to sit by her. That was new. Then a grin crossed her face.

"If you refer to me, good sir," she said happily, "Then I would be honored if you joined me." Perhaps this was the beginning of something. Maybe she had found someone to listen, to talk to. Or maybe he was just another jerk coming to hassle her. But she was willing to take the chance.

"What is your name, good sir?" she asked.
Old 02-19-2003, 03:30 PM   #639
Gorothlammothiel

Gorothlammothiel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Nostawen had been sitting at the table for quite some time now, listening to the star maiden and the others. The dwarf had remained silent, as Nostawen had, for some time now though he seemed to be listening intently to passing conversation.

Nostawen fiddled with her empty cup and noticed that the others also had empty cups and glasses. Having played little part in conversation of late she decided to fetch drinks for the group. Nostawen stood and excused herself. Lifting her skirts in one hand she picked the empty glasses up in the other and made way to the bar.

The inn was crowded, but seemingly quieter than it had been in the past. Nostawen brushed past a tall dark man as she walked across the room. He turned to her and she apologised before continuing across. She placed the empty glasses on the bar top which itself caught the bartenders attention.

"Can I help you my lady?" he questionned. Nostawen replied with a smile, "Yes sir, some more drinks for my company if I may."
"But of course" With that he went off to get the drinks.

Nostawen took a seat at the bar and looked around the room. She pulled her hair away from her face and studied a figure on the other side of the room sitting alone. His face seemed to be covered partially with shadows, which made it hard for the elven maiden to distinguish features and race. The way he held himself suggested elven birth but she could not be sure.

"There my lady" said the bartender as he placed the drinks in front of Nostawen on a tray. He had taken back her attention from the stranger. She thanked the man and turned back to the room. She stood to go back to the table but saw that her friends it seemed had hardly noticed her absence. Elwen was laughing and fiddling with her hair, and tunic, as usual. She had not seen her so happy for a long time. Nostawen sat back down with the tray at the bar and pondered her own thoughts for a moment. She would go back to her friends in a while, for now she would sit where she was, alone.

[ February 19, 2003: Message edited by: Gorothlammothiel ]
Old 02-19-2003, 04:50 PM   #640
avarrogion
Wight

The Eye

Enlothien gave her a smile and pulled the chair and sat next to her.

" Thank you lady for letting me sit in this empty spot, i appreciate it. " replied Enlothien.

" You`re welcome good sir "

Enlothien sat in silence for a while before he decided to introduce himself.

" I am Enlothien, an elf from the woods, Mirkwood but i choose exile to live in Fangorn Forest " Enlothien then proceed to order another hot cup of tea.