The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2009, 10:14 AM   #201
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
Why aren't we asking the wolves to kill the bear, too?
Because we know they won't. The Villains like the Bear alive, for he kills at night, and every death brings them closer to victory. There's not a chance they'd help us. It's completely against their affiliation and would not be sound strategy. The Bear on the other hand has some amount of freedom.

It seems to me that the only folks who would be irritated about this fact being pointed out would be the Cobbler and Villains. So I'd let the issue go if you don't want to attract attention of that sort.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:18 AM   #202
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
I agree that we might as well try. Since the Bear is out for himself, if he sees his doom approaching, it is completely within his rights and power to help us out with his last kill. After all, Dark Monarch screwed him up with her attempted gift giving, so perhaps his grudge against her is greater than his dislike for us.

The odds of such a situation arising are very tiny, but just in case, why not reach out to him? It's not like it hurts anything.
Indeed– but we've been discussing this entirely hypothetical situation for... oh... quite a long time. I think quite enough has been said, don't you?

EDIT:X'd with the phantom.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:19 AM   #203
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Quote:
Not I. Evil doesn't equal ugly.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:19 AM   #204
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye seeking Mod clarification...

Boro- was I accurate when I said this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candor Man
As far as Hakon's talk about discussing our surveys, I don't see anything wrong with it. Frankly, I believe Boro intended us to discuss it, and possibly gain suspicions from it (and of course lie about our results). I agree that it would be in poor taste to actually quote any PM sent to or received from the Mods, but I see nothing wrong with stating "I said I couldn't read so-and-so", because really we have no idea how the information was used. If I recall, it seems to me that Boro almost dared us to guess how he was using the info.
And yes, Nerwen, I agree that the other issue doesn't need to be discussed any more. What needed to be said has been said. The truth is out there for the Bear to read if he wishes.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:22 AM   #205
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Because we know they won't. The Villains like the Bear alive, for he kills at night, and every death brings them closer to victory. There's not a chance they'd help us. It's completely against their affiliation and would not be sound strategy. The Bear on the other hand has some amount of freedom.
*headdesk* tp, I should have thought it was fairly obvious I was trying to be funny back there. I may not have succeeded, but I was trying.

EDIT:X'd since my last post.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:24 AM   #206
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
And yes, Nerwen, I agree that the other issue doesn't need to be discussed any more. What needed to be said has been said. The truth is out there for the Bear to read if he wishes.
Good... um... can we talk about something un-bear-related? Please?
Old 08-13-2009, 10:25 AM   #207
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I think what Hakon was saying is that if something happened like the seer revealed the werebear, then perhaps we could leave him alive to either have him kill a wolf or have the wolves waste their kill on him (as they may be worried that he will kill one of them) come Night. Then we can spend the Day hunting a wolf instead. I don't know if it's an idea I'd go for, but it's not stupid. We can't expect the bear to listen to us, even if exposed, so it'd be all about luck. If the bear killed a wolf, it be more likely he did without intentionally trying, and the wolves would probably only waste a kill on the bear if their numbers were down or they had a reason to think the bear would pick one of them as his kill.

I think you all are being rather harsh on Hakon. While he hasn't caught on as quickly as some newbies, I don't think he's intentionally trying to be confusing or irritating; he probably really just doesn't understand all the rules. And while that doesn't mean he's necessarily innocent, not understanding something is no reason to attack someone. I know for some old-timers this confusion can get irritating, but you should give everyone a chance to learn. Let's not drive our newbies away from this site, okay?
Old 08-13-2009, 10:27 AM   #208
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Mod-ruling:

Yes I did mean for the surveys to be a part of the discussion...hence why I asked for them. Anything goes, I will say though that you're playing a dangerous guessing game. To try and figure out my rationale for anything is insane. Plus to point out some was complete random drawing, and need I remind you there is another mod, who had a hand in the situation too.

So, best of luck to you in figuring it out. Figured it'd be a good Day 1 thing. Although, there are probably more beneficial ways to figure out the roles than trying to read my mind (and wilwa's)
Old 08-13-2009, 10:28 AM   #209
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Phantom, I think I see what you might trying to do innocently, but it seems like you're more likely to mislead innocents than to bend the bear to your will, and now that you're trying to cast suspicion on those who doubt you, you're starting to seem less trustworthy.
The bear also needs to reduce the number of villagers - more than the wolves do, even. I've played as a werebear and it's quite clear, in that position, that winning by picking the villagers off one by one is a much harder task. I don't think it's possible to fool the bear as you seem to be trying to do (or trying to look like you're trying) - the bear will certainly judge how likely xe is to be killed by the wolves at any given time and act accordingly, but xe wants to get our numbers down. If anything, the bear has less flexibility than the wolves do, and certainly no motivation to help the village.
As for the Dark Monarch being the evil we're up against, the bear is evil too, so there. :P
If Boro chose the roles according to who trusted whom, wouldn't discussing our surveys be equivalent to discussing how personal relationships or past games may have influenced the mod's role choices in another game? Unless Boro says it's open for discussion, I consider it off limits.

EDIT: X'd with two Nerwens, a Brinn and a Boro.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:29 AM   #210
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverser
Mod-God just said we can discuss surveys.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:32 AM   #211
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Mac's got it.
Quote:
They were supposed to be confidential and it's exclusively up to Boro to post them.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:33 AM   #212
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Mod-ruling:

Yes I did mean for the surveys to be a part of the discussion...hence why I asked for them. Anything goes, I will say though that you're playing a dangerous guessing game. To try and figure out my rationale for anything is insane. Plus to point out some was complete random drawing, and need I remind you there is another mod, who had a hand in the situation too.

So, best of luck to you in figuring it out. Figured it'd be a good Day 1 thing. Although, there are probably more beneficial ways to figure out the roles than trying to read my mind (and wilwa's)
Well, since we have modly permission:

I have a hunch that Hakon may be dead wrong about the role-picking, and that Boro, at least, may have chosen according to our expectations rather than against them.

Last edited by Rikae; 08-13-2009 at 10:48 AM. Reason: More rule clarification from Boro and Boro's permission to edit.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:33 AM   #213
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Mod-God just said we can discuss surveys.
I still have to wonder what we can gain from that. Seems a waste of time when the baddies can just make up whatever they like.

x'd with Rikae
Old 08-13-2009, 10:34 AM   #214
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Mac's got it.
Ok, wait a minute - you just said we could post them, didn't you?
Old 08-13-2009, 10:37 AM   #215
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lariren Shadow is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
Have been catching up and here are replies:

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Lari, weren't you hunter in my game as well?
Yes I was, but I left no hints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
*logs on*
*sees 4 pages posted during the night*
*turns dark green*

!snoroM
*snickers* I was just trying to fulfill the request of pages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakon View Post
This is my second game ever. What did I suggest last game that was so bad? Was it the idea of looking for clues in the narration posts?

Day one is the hardest. I think that looking at these surveys may help us on day one. We still have well over 12 hours left to the day. Let us take a look at these surveys.
The surveys could help, but as it has been said, in passing and not openingly saying who you put down. It could be done in code or in list post about what you think of each player. However, the other thing that does come to mind is that yes, probably the people we did trust the most are wolves, but it could also be the people we distrusted in order to throw off our reasoning.

Quote:
Alright. I will drop the topic for now.

Nothing would stop someone for lying. I just think that the ordinaries would be honest since it would help catch the wolves. The cobbler, bear and wolves might lie but if the ordinaries tell the truth that helps a lot. I also think that the gifteds would tell the truth
Clearly you have never seen Fea as an ordo.

Quote:
That is true. I still think the bear can kill at least one person we are suspicious of.

Rikae, it is great that you think I am like another member but this Hansy guy sounds like a person I should not want to be like. I would also like to point out Phantom gave me the idea of using the bear. His post where he mentions the codes also talks about the bear.
The bear(Fea) in Shasta's game did kill a wolf(am still annoyed about that). But she was still out for herself.

Quote:
If we figure out who the bear is, the bear will either end up lynched or a wolf will kill it. So if we figure it out then during the night phase the bear can kill a possible cobbler or wolf since the second the next day phase starts the bear will most likely by lynched or the bear will die int he night phase because a wolf kills it.

Crossed with Rikae's 181.
...so are you saying that during the Night phase we should go over the posts and see if we can find a bear and then...what? I mean, sure one of use could find a bear but there are only a few players who could talk in PMs. Are you suggesting we leave it to the BFFs? Because they are the only ones on the side of good that can do that. No one else can communicate and its easy to say at the beginning of the Day "oh I found the bear last Night!" but its still just speculation.

Wow, I seemed to have replied a lot to Hakon. As far as all the bear stuff is concerned I'm of the opinion that the bear can be inadvertently helpful and kill a wolf or the cobbler but they can also be dangerous and kill the Ranger or Seer. I tend to treat a bear as a wolf.

Last edited by Lariren Shadow; 08-13-2009 at 10:37 AM. Reason: x-posted since Brinn's 207 post
Lariren Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:37 AM   #216
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Ok, wait a minute - you just said we could post them, didn't you?
Oh my bad for the confusion. Discussion of their purpose is ok, and is encouraged. Posting individual answers is not. That I will do afterwards and it will be anonymous

I seriously wouldn't even be able to tell you who voted for who as I just marked down the numbers
Old 08-13-2009, 10:40 AM   #217
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Wrong, Rikae. I'm not trying to trick the Bear. You're right that the Bear also likes the extra Night kill, but there are three Villains to provide it, and thus it is rather safe to gun for them. You only need one Villain alive to provide the extra kill, and so the Bear won't kill the last Villain I agree, but any Villain before that is fair game. And the Cobbler especially, as he does not even provide a kill but is simply a villager guaranteed to side with the Villains. The Bear should definitely consider slaughtering an obvious Cobbler.

Your resistance to these facts is puzzling. Even if it were true that I was attempting to trick the Bear into helping us, is that a bad thing that you would need to point out?! Seriously.... Every time you try and fight this idea you look very suspicious to me, as if you're a Wolf saying, "No, no, don't gun for us!" or the Cobbler saying, "No, don't kill my masters!"

I have done nothing but state fact. Stop trying to make it sound otherwise. Firstly, what I'm saying is correct. Second, even if it wasn't, it's obviously to the benefit of the village, so opposing it is ridiculous.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:41 AM   #218
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Hints of the type phantom described are certainly a good thing, but the type Sally suggests are riskier (which has me uneasy about Sally). Under certain circumstances phantom-hints can even amount to the next best thing to proof . Surely you can figure those circumstances out for yourselves, so I have no need to explain them.

Now, as for the phantom deadline, to sum up what I said earlier: I don't think it'll go over big, since a lot of people consider last-minute voting the best part of the game. Don't expect me to abide by it.
Well you know me, dear. And I don't mean obvious hints, because I don't want to get the gifteds killed. Again, I don't disagree on any particular point of the argument, just wanted to make sure everthing was considered because, as I mentioned, some people play differently and if we're all looking around for a code (or if someone points out a code) we could miss something fairly obvious or we could get trapped by a wolf. But I don't feel like wasting more time talking about it, because there's another matter to waste our time on apparently....(Yes, that's mostly sarcasm, although it seems strangly appropriate....)

Oh, and it's not going to happen. It'd be lovely on my (and poor Boro and Wilwa's) nerves but most people aren't going to vote early, as much as I think it's a rather good idea.

Quote:
I am now here. I overslept an hour and well yea. I have now caught up by reading through all the pages. I haven an idea on how to start figuring out who the wolves are. Boro told us in the admin thread that some of the roles would be picked based on those surveys. My guess is that the people who got put down for trusted the most are the wolves and cobbler. The ones who got put down for distrust the most are probably now just ordinaries. What do you all think? Should we post out answers to the survey?
NO! First of all, the surveys were confidential mod/player information. Also, it's possible they are just for Boro and Wilwa to do narrations, or just so they can sit on their mod thrones and cackle. Either way, it's not for us to try to figure out the ways of the mods (in this instance anyway) and in my opinion using the information we gave the mods to figure things out? Not cheating necessarily, but cheap, and certainly funsucking. In other words, don't do it.

(Plus I don't remember all of mine anyway.)

Quote:
Hakon, in every game I've played with you you've suggested something that sounds at least close to cheating.
He seems a bit....undevious to me. By that I mean he tries to stir things but appears very laidback and newbish at the same time, yet....YET....he wants to look like an advanced player. It seems squirmy to me, and I don't like it. (Don't mean this in a personal way of course, Hakon, it's just suspicious to me.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil View Post
For what it is worth I believe pregame items such as PM's surveys etc... are banned and are considered cheating. It is an honor code system and the expectation is that all adhere to it. I would consider banning somebody from WW if they are caught cheating. I would drop the topic and move on.
What he said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
*a very beatiful and powerful voice is heard in the distance*

Wild-eye's mother was a hamster and his father smelt of elderberries....
I bloody love you.

Quote:
Sorry, I had you mixed up with Hansy.

Suffice to say, though, as the posters above noted, your suggestion would amount to cheating.
That's where I've heard that. And again, I concur.

Quote:
Hakon, did you just edit to add to the content of your post, or is my mind playing tricks on me? If so, you should know that editing for any purpose other than to note that you crossed with someone is always against the rules. (If you didn't and I really am going crazy, please disregard.)
I think that's a common newbie mistake (whether or not he did it) and I'm glad you brought it up, just so others can be made aware of it too. I know I did that as a newbie because I had no idea I couldn't, silly me. Yay for fyi's.

Quote:
Sometimes innocents and gifteds play tricks, too.
You'd know all about that, wouldn't you, love?

Quote:
Rikae, what game did some innocents trick the wolves so well? I kind of unintentionally tricked Boro into making a slip last game when I posted my ranger suspicions involving Mac. Also you all seem to be forgetting something. The bear. If we can figure out who he or she is we can maybe ask him or her to kill off someone that might be a wolf during the night phase.
I'm pretty sure Boro was just interested in your theory and made a silly mistake, not tricked, but that's not the point. We do not dangle a lynching in front of the bear if we find them. If we find the bear, we lynch them, simple as that. (Of course if we've got a bear and two wolves or a bear a wolf and a cobbler that have been dreamt we can ask the bear to snag one of them for us and forestall our judgement but really, I'd prefer to lynch the bear first because there's no guarantee they'd cooperate, and unless there's only one wolf left the bear's the biggest threat anyway. A take on Hakon's theory that makes some sense, but still. I'm not really up for trying our luck, even if we have a very honorable bear.)

Quote:
Innocents play tricks, gifteds play tricks, wolves play tricks. Some wolves don't play tricks, too, and still win. The key is to figure out people's intentions behind what trickery or non-trickery they do. Not an easy task, of course.

Hakon, if we figure out who the bear is, the wolves obviously know the same and the bear will die right away anyway. Also, the bear is the role which is among the hardest to figure out and since he is not our side, he won't reveal out of kindness.
Yup. For instance, Fea, Phantom, and others cause chaos and are weird no matter what they are, and it's our task to decide why they're acting so nuts in each individual circumstance. Some innocents (like me, though only on occasion) will place gifted hints in order to draw the wolves away from the real gifteds, but then you run the risk of having people believe your false information and ending up doing more harm than good, so it's difficult. Other people lie about their suspicions, etc., but really it's all down to their motives. (Does that make sense, like at all? Because I got interrupted a few times during this bit and I'm not sure it's clear, so feel free to ask me what I mean or whatever. Just don't try to lynch me for it, 'cause it's just not nice.)

And again. What he said. I feel like a parrot, but at least we know it's fairly unanimous.

Quote:
˙dǝǝɥs pɐǝp ɐ ʎq pǝƃɐʌɐs ƃuıǝq ǝʞıl sı ǝʎǝ-plıʍ ʎq pǝʞɔɐʇʇɐ ƃuıǝq
HAHA!

Quote:
Yes, xe would ... so why do you think we could have the bear kill someone we choose? Please enlighten me.

If we find the bear, we lynch xem.
THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID. (Meaning in this case that I agree.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
You're very likely right... at least I've got no idea what else that survey was for. But Rikae's right, too: doing what you suggest comes this close to cheating.

Nessa, we Fenrissed Sally on Day One last time (with a little help from our cobbler) based on her suspicious behaviour... it can be done.

Well, the phantom thinks the bear would do what he says... maybe phantomitis is catching.
Again, what she said.

And I don't mean to be rude, but you didn't catch me doing anything. I was just having some fun, and people decided I should die, then afterward everyone made claims of 'catching me at my obvious evil'. I hadn't even begun to consider the game's agenda, because I hadn't played in a while and just wanted to have some fun. So yes, it can be done, but don't use me as an example.

And my I use this opportunity to quite bluntly point out that my icon, whatever I decide to change it to next, is NOT a reflection of my role (unless I say otherwise or something). I'm just sayin'.

Quote:
Um, yes... I'll speak very slowly here so I can be sure you understand...

To the pain means... Oh, wait, that's not it.

Why exactly do you think we can control the bear if we know xyr role?
I LOVE YOU~!

We can't. This discussion is just silly. (And no, Rikae, dear, I'm not directing that statement at you, so please don't be offended. You're not on the Jersey side of this cesspool. Incidentally, I think I'll watch that this morning. Yay!)

Quote:
I'm sure the wolves are very amused by this bear-discussion.
Reminds me of last game when Fea and Nerwen were going at it and I just sat back and chuckled.

Quote:
Yes, the bear can kill a cobbler or wolf - or an innocent. The bear is as good as dead in that case anyway, and will kill whomever xe wants. Letting xem have another night kill would be absurd.

Please don't make me explain this again. This is not why I play werewolf.
I is parrot, hear me....well, parrot. Hakon, I understand your theory but it's ludicrous. Sorry.

Quote:
I understand. I mean if I do not have any suspects I am voting anyone who uses backwards text later in the day.
*grumbles*

I'll be joining Formie in his 'I hate Day One' tent now. That is a horrible reason to vote for someone. Now (to use Nerwen as an example since he did) if she's doing it on Day Five in the middle of a serious lynch discussion I'll happily agree but toDay? Let her have her fun, and lynch someone who seems like they're being either suspicious or as close to it as possible. And right now my someone is you, Hakon. Could he possibly be the cobbler? Or just....oh, heck if I know.

Quote:
Why aren't we asking the wolves to kill the bear, too? In fact, why don't we just make it a formal request?

Dear Bear and Wolves,

Please kill each other and not us.

Yours Sincerely,

The Villagers.

I'm sure they'll all listen.
Scarily enough, I would. (Of course I mean if I was a bear I'd love to exterminate the wolves and take second place, as it were, but as it's been said once there's no second place in Werewolf so it ain't gonna happen.) And now that I've probably made Hakon think I made a wolf slip (despite me being an ordo, which just makes me giggle) I'll get on with my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morm, and de-highlighted for the convenience of the mods
Okay fine

--Hakon

++Hakon
Do you believe in love at first vote? (Well, second, but that's not the point)

Now of course I don't mean to be rude to Hakon but I think this circus train should be de-railed before we give the wolves any more to read while they eat their popcorn. Drop the subject now, and I might not vote you. (It's a big might right now though, so you may have to buy me a cookie or something.)

EDIT: x'd ever since Rikae said 'that is the best thing ever' in response to Nerwen's making a funny.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:46 AM   #219
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Morm, thank you for retracting it.

EDIT: I removed all personal content from the post. Now it is just the one line.
Erm, dear....he retracted and then locked it in. He's still voting you.

Quote:

It seems to me that the only folks who would be irritated about this fact being pointed out would be the Cobbler and Villains. So I'd let the issue go if you don't want to attract attention of that sort.
I think I'm just upset that it's garnering so much discussion, when I honestly don't think the werebear would go for a plea bargain. It's possible, but if we get into that situation we can discuss it then.

Quote:
YES PLEASE~!

Quote:
Mod-ruling:

*snickers*

That's what she said?

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 08-13-2009 at 10:54 AM. Reason: deleted something regarding rules, because it is no longer relevant and the matter has been taken care of
Old 08-13-2009, 10:50 AM   #220
Hakon
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Hakon is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Erm, dear....he retracted and then locked it in. He's still voting you.
I know. I was just saying thank you for at least retracting it.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:51 AM   #221
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
I know. I was just saying thank you for at least retracting it.
Erm....okie dokie then. Whatever butters your toast.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:54 AM   #222
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Wrong, Rikae. I'm not trying to trick the Bear. You're right that the Bear also likes the extra Night kill, but there are three Villains to provide it, and thus it is rather safe to gun for them. You only need one Villain alive to provide the extra kill, and so the Bear won't kill the last Villain I agree, but any Villain before that is fair game. And the Cobbler especially, as he does not even provide a kill but is simply a villager guaranteed to side with the Villains. The Bear should definitely consider slaughtering an obvious Cobbler.

Your resistance to these facts is puzzling. Even if it were true that I was attempting to trick the Bear into helping us, is that a bad thing that you would need to point out?! Seriously.... Every time you try and fight this idea you look very suspicious to me, as if you're a Wolf saying, "No, no, don't gun for us!" or the Cobbler saying, "No, don't kill my masters!"

I have done nothing but state fact. Stop trying to make it sound otherwise. Firstly, what I'm saying is correct. Second, even if it wasn't, it's obviously to the benefit of the village, so opposing it is ridiculous.
It doesn't benefit the village to promote false hope. If the bear guns for wolves, it will be when xe feels it will help xem, not because we ask xem to. I'm not "resisting facts", you are. The bear is not going to "ally" xemself with us, and to think of xem as an ally is not to the village's benefit. The bear may kill a wolf, but is more likely to kill an innocent, and as long as xe lives, we'll have two deaths per night. Lynching the bear early on would be the best thing we could do, and when you and Hakon run around promoting the idea that the bear is some kind of super guard dog, it makes you look very suspicious to me.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:56 AM   #223
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

The next person to promote/continue the bear discussion (who doesn't cross with me) is getting my vote. I may or may not be kidding.

Going to tidy myself and a few things about the house. Enjoy.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:00 AM   #224
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Boro- was I accurate when I said this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candor Man
As far as Hakon's talk about discussing our surveys, I don't see anything wrong with it. Frankly, I believe Boro intended us to discuss it, and possibly gain suspicions from it (and of course lie about our results). I agree that it would be in poor taste to actually quote any PM sent to or received from the Mods, but I see nothing wrong with stating "I said I couldn't read so-and-so", because really we have no idea how the information was used. If I recall, it seems to me that Boro almost dared us to guess how he was using the info.
Hopefully this attempt is better...

Generally discussing them is awesome, like would I chose a trusting person for _________?

And of course you may say whatever people you may trust or don't trust, or whatever you feel about a person.

I think part of the confusion was the "posting" of them...which is why I referred that Mac had it as far as actually posting the survey and your answers.

Basically, I think you are more or less correct tp. You may talk about whoever you trust or don't or fear or whoever as much as you want to. That typically happens in most games anyway. But the actual posting of your answers...no, no that I will do anonymously at the end o the game.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:01 AM   #225
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Thank you for the clarification, oh modly one. We shall strive to act accordingly.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:03 AM   #226
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Thank you for the clarification, oh modly one. We shall strive to act accordingly.
You best be.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:05 AM   #227
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
You best be.
Yes'm!

*salutes*

Oi, why should the people listen to you?!

Old 08-13-2009, 11:05 AM   #228
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lariren Shadow is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
So bringing the discussion from the topic that has been beaten to death to this new one: surveys what do people think about them?

There is the idea that the people we trusted were made the wolves, which would be devious. But that is possibly too obvious. Then everyone would just say who they trusted and be done with it and vote for them. I'm of the mind that one of the people we trusted most is a gifted, another is a wolf, and possibly a third is the bear.

But that is just my guess.

Last edited by Lariren Shadow; 08-13-2009 at 11:06 AM. Reason: x-posted with Wilwa and Sally
Lariren Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 11:06 AM   #229
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

The Dark Monarch eats toad droppings
Old 08-13-2009, 11:07 AM   #230
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Back and reading.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:07 AM   #231
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Wild-eye is a toad dropping.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:09 AM   #232
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

More to phantom, and Sally can vote for me if she likes

In theory and on the surface, yeah, you can say that if you were able to convince the bear to gun for the wolves more, that would be a good thing. But the thing is, it's a crazy thing - just about as crazy as Nerwen's "please kill each other" joke - so much so that all it accomplishes is to derail discussion into the totally useless - and I admit, you've made me waste my energy with the useless for half the day as well. If that was your plan, nicely done.
The thing that makes me suspicious, though is that you should know better. I've seen you in action before, and I've seen you trick baddies. You didn't do it by pretending to give them advice (why should they take your advice?) either. I think you know perfectly well that attempting to make the bear into an ally is pointless, and that's why I find you suspicious and why it absolutely has to be pointed out - and if you want to suspect me in return, that's just fine.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:09 AM   #233
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
The Dark Monarch eats toad droppings
Quote:
Wild-eye is a toad dropping.
Yeah, because that's not awkward.

Really going now. Back in a bit, and there best not be any more discussion about the you know whats or the you know who, or heads are gonna roll....

EDIT: x'd with ++Rikae
Old 08-13-2009, 11:10 AM   #234
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

*rolls eyes*

If I answered I would only be rehashing the same exact things again. Whatever. Think what you wish.

In the meantime, surveys!

I said I could read everyone.

And then I said I was kidding, and that generally people I've played with before always give me a reading. Not that it is correct, but they at least make me feel one thing or another. I listed a few of them. I also said that Fea, Nerwen, and Rikae probably made my thoughts swing back and forth the most between guilty and innocent.

For players I fear- I gave the names of an entire group of players. A cookie for anyone who guesses which group.

When making a plea for their life last-minute, I can't remember exactly who made the cut, but I seem to recall stating that I'd trust morm, Mac, Brin, Shasta, and Lommy in such a situation. But naturally that would change if I'm not liking them.

Last edited by the phantom; 08-13-2009 at 11:13 AM. Reason: x-post Rik, Sally, Wil
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 11:11 AM   #235
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
For players I fear- I gave the names of an entire group of players. A cookie for anyone who guesses which group.
The Rudolph contingent?
Old 08-13-2009, 11:12 AM   #236
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

last thing before I shut up for the day....

Quote:

Oi, why should the people listen to you?!
For I am powerful, scary and have big wings!!! And I quoted Monty Python!

Now get back to your futile attempts at defeating me!!!
Old 08-13-2009, 11:14 AM   #237
Hakon
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Hakon is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
For players I trust I think I had said Mac and Shasta. For players I distrust I think I had said Nessa and Inziladun.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:18 AM   #238
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Did....really?

*headdesks*

Oh, and Wilwa?

Ni! Ni! Ni! Ni!
Old 08-13-2009, 11:20 AM   #239
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Are you trying to kill me?
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 11:21 AM   #240
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
so much so that all it accomplishes is to derail discussion into the totally useless
That's part of my whole point- the fact that you and others even felt the need to discuss this whole Bear thing. I made a statement that I believe to be true regarding the Bear (the fact that he can help us). Even if you didn't believe the statement was true or that it was flawed, I don't see what can be gained by pointing it out and discussing it seeing as if my statement were to be accepted it would be beneficial.

Therefore there is no reason for you to have ever contested my claims (or Hakon's). It serves only to create a pointless discussion. If in your opinion my statements were flawed, they certainly weren't hurting anyone were they, so why do you feel the need to debate it and try to prove some sort of point? There is no point to prove here. Nothing can possibly be gained from supporting your viewpoint, but something can be gained from supporting mine, whether it's flawed or not.

This "useless" discussion has only happened because you and others felt the need to pick apart a plan that would be beneficial if adopted, and doesn't hurt anyone. I'm baffled as to why anyone is still talking about this.