The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2014, 06:30 AM   #281
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Leaf

The next morning the Elves were more bewildered than ever.

"This is utter insanity!" wailed Kitanna, as they tried to make sense of Galadriel's cryptic last words.

The Lady, it seemed, had thought one of their number might have been seduced into the service of evil- but had she been right?

"I wish I knew what Nimrodel's goals are," Farael muttered, "I'm still not convinced she's wholly on our side."

"We know that Lottie is Nimrodel," said Rikae with assurance, "so hearing from her exactly what she does can only help."

"Huh?" said Farael.

"Why yes, yes I am," announced Lottie with a bow. "Nimrodel, at your service! I killed Aganzir because I knew she was lying- and because she slew my beloved Amroth. Now who wants to help me kill Kitanna?"

"Wait," Rikae's eyes narrowed. "Aganzir... Sally... Kit... Amroth's murderers! Are you on our side- or your own? And then... didn't I catch you whispering to Aganzir? You're not a werewolf, are you?"

Everyone took a step back from Lottie.

"I killed Aganzir, remember? Now come on, everyone, let's lynch Kit!"

"Oh, very well, then," said the Elves. There was, they all agreed, something terribly evil about her, even if they were not sure what. They surrounded the maiden, weapons drawn.

Kitanna faced them proudly, her eyes flashing. "You're all wrong, but it's too late to stop it." She unclasped the leaf-shaped brooch from her cloak, and in a sudden swift movement used the pin to tear open the artery in her wrist.

Not until the blood had ceased to flow from Kitanna's body did they give up waiting for her to change. By then, even the most reluctant had to admit that they had, once again, caused the death of an innocent Elf.

~~~~~~

The Living
Lottie
Farael
Rikae
Coppermirror

The Dead
Nerwen, throat torn out Night One. (Mod).
Tar-Jêx, thrown off a flet Day One. (Ranger/Lover).
Boro, dragged under by a swan-submarine Night Two. (Ordo).
McCaber, choked on lembas Day Two. (Ordo).
Aganzir, shot with bow-and-arrow Night Three. (Werewolf).
Shasta, hanged with Elven rope Day Three. (Werewolf).
Sally, barbecued Night Four. (Seer).
Kitanna, wrists slashed with leaf-brooch Day Four. (Ordo).

It is now Night Five.
Old 12-20-2014, 06:31 AM   #282
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Leaf

Rikae woke with a start. At first she was not sure if the fright that had set her heart racing was part of her evil dreams, the sound like faint footfalls just the blood throbbing in her ears. As the mists of sleep cleared, she realised there was indeed someone moving about her talan. Yet, the platform lay clear in the starlight.

She caught a glimpse of movement, a shimmering shadow that did not quite match the background of leaves and tree trunk.

Then she knew: the intruder was wearing one of the hue-shifting cloaks of Lorien.

"Who's there?" she asked uneasily.

With a chuckle, the figure threw back its hood, revealing a hairy lupine snout with glittering fangs.

"Now wouldn't you like to know?" said the werewolf.

"Aiiiee!" Rikae screamed, her cry cut short as the werewolf flung its cloak over her head, holding it tight over her lips and nostrils. The Elf struggled, but she could not match the iron strength of the creature of darkness. Soon she had no more air.

~~~~~~

The Living
Lottie
Farael
Coppermirror

The Dead
Rikae, smothered with Elven cloak Night Five. (Ordo).

It is now Day Five.

Last edited by Nerwen; 12-20-2014 at 06:48 AM. Reason: typo.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 07:04 AM   #283
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

Coppermirror is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
So there's either a cursed-Farael or a cursed-LottieNimrodel. And the wolf must have had a reason for choosing to kill Rikae, but what that reason is I'm not yet sure. If the wolf is Lottie there's a very simple reason why Rikae would be dead, because she was the most openly sceptical of Lottie yesterDay. But that doesn't mean a Farael-wolf couldn't have had some reason to get rid of Rikae too.

Since it's the last Day and Farael's one of the players still around, there's something that's been bothering me which I hope he can answer. I'm sorry to ask about something with a slightly out-of-game basis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farael View Post
I'm really sorry folks. I foolishly assumed there'd be some comment on the Admin thread about the game starting. Since I am subscribed to the thread, I patiently waited for the e-mail to let me know... and missed Day1.
But, for several Days, you failed to go into invisible mode, which means that when you were around, your name was visible when you were present at the Middle Earth Mirth forum. And early on Day 1, around the same time I was reminding Tar-Jêx that he need to go into invisible mode, I saw that your username was listed as present for a while, and then you left and I didn't see your name there at any further point on Day 1. If you were there, why didn't you notice that the game had started? I think it was your username that I saw and not that of somebody else with a similar name.

Also, a question for Lottie...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
I was a logical hunter of sorts - the of sorts is because I don't need to die before I can kill, which I at least haven't seen before - but I only got one kill, which I used to take out Agan, both because I was completely sure her Seer reveal was false and because she was responsible for the death of my Beloved Amroth. Of course, my role has changed before (from a typical suicidal Lover to a hunter), so I'm not positive it won't change again, but for now I am, in terms of extra powers and what not, effectively an ordo right now.
Is there anything else about your role that you haven't mentioned yet? And from the above, it looks as if your role changed from plain Lover to one-shot Hunter upon Amroth's death - am I reading that right?

I'm going to sleep now, so I won't be back for a while.
Coppermirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 07:34 AM   #284
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Well, before the game started, I checked my settings and I THOUGHT I was set to invisible mode. I don't remember what setting it was that got me confused. As to why I appeared online when I wasn't... no idea. I likely left a tab open on my phone or computer!

Interesting how Copper , who was dreamed about the night that there was no kill, is going on the offensive very quickly toDay. Need I remind you that I was dreamed about AFTER you, on a night that someone was killed by the wolves?
Old 12-20-2014, 08:16 AM   #285
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

I ended up staying up a little later after all. Really going off to sleep after posting this. (What am I doing being up past 3AM...good grief.)

Quote:
Interesting how Copper , who was dreamed about the night that there was no kill, is going on the offensive very quickly toDay. Need I remind you that I was dreamed about AFTER you, on a night that someone was killed by the wolves?
I don't know which of you and Lottie is the final wolf. Of course I'm going to ask both of you questions straight away if I have any questions to ask.

You're saying that you're a Seer-confirmed innocent who was dreamed of the Night after the no-kill Night? That's not true. You were the person who was dreamed of on the no-kill Night, and I was dreamed of on the Night before that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Known roles:
Shasta (wolf)
Copper (ordo)
Farael (ordo)
Sally (seer, duh)

Unknown roles:
Lottie
Rikae
Kitanna

In case anyone cares, the dreams are listed above in order.
So...
Night 1, Sally dreamed of Shasta.

Night 2, Sally dreamed of me.

Night 3, Sally dreamed of Farael. On this night, Nimrodel hunted Agan, and there was no wolf kill.

Unless I'm mistaken, that's the order of events. We also have confirmation from Nerwen that if there was a cursed who was turned on Night 3, the cursed would not show up to Sally as a wolf.
Old 12-20-2014, 11:18 AM   #286
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppermirror View Post
I ended up staying up a little later after all. Really going off to sleep after posting this. (What am I doing being up past 3AM...good grief.)

I don't know which of you and Lottie is the final wolf. Of course I'm going to ask both of you questions straight away if I have any questions to ask.

You're saying that you're a Seer-confirmed innocent who was dreamed of the Night after the no-kill Night? That's not true. You were the person who was dreamed of on the no-kill Night, and I was dreamed of on the Night before that one.

So...
Night 1, Sally dreamed of Shasta.

Night 2, Sally dreamed of me.

Night 3, Sally dreamed of Farael. On this night, Nimrodel hunted Agan, and there was no wolf kill.

Unless I'm mistaken, that's the order of events. We also have confirmation from Nerwen that if there was a cursed who was turned on Night 3, the cursed would not show up to Sally as a wolf.
My apologies. I was counting night one as the night after the first Lynch :$ I haven't played in a while...

So then the question is, once more, what is Lottie 's true tile?
Old 12-20-2014, 01:17 PM   #287
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
So there's either a cursed-Farael or a cursed-LottieNimrodel. And the wolf must have had a reason for choosing to kill Rikae, but what that reason is I'm not yet sure. If the wolf is Lottie there's a very simple reason why Rikae would be dead, because she was the most openly sceptical of Lottie yesterDay. But that doesn't mean a Farael-wolf couldn't have had some reason to get rid of Rikae too.
Off the top of my head, I can think of a couple. For one, Rikae's death could be used to frame me and provide a wolf an easy lynch. Unfortunately, neither of you came out swinging with that, which I was hoping to see, since that would seem, to me, to be a pretty strong indication of guilt. For another, Rikae is a very strong player, and she has shown that she's very good at spotting inconsistencies - maybe one of the two of you still has something to hide, so I'll probably be looking back at some point toDay. That being said, I have a wedding to go to, so I'll probably only be around very early and very late toDay.

Quote:
Also, a question for Lottie...

Is there anything else about your role that you haven't mentioned yet? And from the above, it looks as if your role changed from plain Lover to one-shot Hunter upon Amroth's death - am I reading that right?
That's about it. Since I have exercised my one kill (which, Rikae mentioned earlier that I sounded more like an Assassin, so I looked it up, and that does sound closer to what my role was, at essence, so you can think of it like that if you want), I am, for all purposes, an ordo.

Quote:
Well, before the game started, I checked my settings and I THOUGHT I was set to invisible mode. I don't remember what setting it was that got me confused. As to why I appeared online when I wasn't... no idea. I likely left a tab open on my phone or computer!

This post strikes me as very defensive. However, everyone has reason to want to stay alive toDay, since a wrong lynch loses us the game at this point, so I'm not sure defensiveness is necessarily a sign of guilt in this case.
Old 12-21-2014, 01:19 AM   #288
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I expected to have missed a great deal, but it's been twelve hours since my last post and nothing has been said! I'm back now, though, and I'll be going back through the thread, trying to decide which of Cop or Farael seem more likely to be the last wolf.
Old 12-21-2014, 01:34 AM   #289
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sorry guys, I had a full day of pre-x-mas festivities and now I must go to sleep. I have to believe the lover is on our team; which leaves me with a vote for

++copper
Old 12-21-2014, 02:13 AM   #290
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

Back and reading.
Old 12-21-2014, 02:17 AM   #291
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

I dunno. I haven't found anything really incriminating, no evil slips or definitive wolfy votes, but I do feel much worse about Farael than I do about Cop - his voting patterns have been iffy, and his argument with Rikae yesterDay, followed by his defensive tone toDay, I think push him over the edge of suspicious. I'll probably be voting for Farael, but I'll wait a bit, read through another couple times, see if I catch anything more conclusive.
Old 12-21-2014, 02:36 AM   #292
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

Well, Farael's vote means that my only option is to vote for him and hope that Lottie's the innocent, since if she isn't she's already won anyway. Might as well place my vote now.

++Farael
Old 12-21-2014, 02:44 AM   #293
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Alright. I'll go ahead and vote for

++Farael

and hope we're right. It's about fifty-fifty anyway, so...there could be worse odds?
Old 12-21-2014, 04:42 AM   #294
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

(a)

Oh terror, doom, for Nimrodel hath a wolven snout and razor jaws!
Once beloved of our ruler, that fair elf-maid is no more.
We are betrayed by her; and thus our blood will soak the mallorn.
Farael first, and then I too will fail to reach the dawn.

Galadriel's dreams were true and certain;
Yet still we lost to foolish diversions,
And thus will pay a heavy price for sweet Lothlorien.

(b)

Let the Night hold no fears in Lothlorien;
May no wolves creep out from their loathsome dens.
Every leaf in this golden wood sings joy,
And no longer shall we doubt and seek out ploys.

Pitiful Farael, cursed and transformed,
His elven-form lost, can ne'er be reformed.
Though what has been done cannot be undone,
We may sing of the fallen here under the sun.

Old 12-21-2014, 04:59 AM   #295
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Leaf And the correct version is...

(a).

Sorry, Cop.
Old 12-21-2014, 05:03 AM   #296
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

For what did I linger in this accursed place? For what did I languish in these putrid woods? For what did I tolerate living amongst warmongers and hawks, always seeking out new battles to fight? Nay, indeed, for who, Galadhrim, for who! I lingered only for Amroth, for my Love, my King! And you have slaughtered him you have cut down your King when all he sought was to protect you. All his hope lay only in wishing to guide his people safely through this evil, and instead, you fools have destroyed the only good thing you have ever had to boast of - and out of what? Fear? Greed? Anger? No! Only out of haste! He was condemned within seconds, a sudden betrayal none could have stayed once it was decided. Fie! Fie on all the Galadhrim! My rage shall know no bounds, my fury shall be endless, my wrath shall be remembered into the ages to come! The Galadhrim shall know the sting of my hate, shall feel my pain and shall know, for generations to come, the weight of the injustice they have done to their King and Protector.

Sing, Galadhrim, of the rage of Nimrodel, that brought countless ills upon the Golden Wood! For indeed, I will have my vengeance against the people of Lorien, I will exact my revenge upon you all! Every single Sindar elf shall perish at my hand, and every wolf as well, all cut down mercilessly for their crimes against their King and my Beloved! I have shot the fell wolf Aganzir where she stood, and watched the life fade from her eyes. The very wolf who bit me, turned me, gave me the power I needed, Shasta, dark demon wolf of the north, I saw him dead ere the sun set, saw him hanged with the slippery, foul rope of the Sindar weavers. I roasted the noble lady Galadriel, proud beyond her deserts, as she slept at night, thinking herself secure in the bed she built on the land of another’s people. I saw Kitanna dead, convinced the foolish elves of Lorien that she was to blame, until even Kitanna herself admitted defeat and surrendered her life to the halls of Mandos. I smothered Rikae in her own elven cloak, forced her spirit to flee from her using cloth of her own make, reeking of the Sindar pollution. And now shall fall, too, Farael and Coppermirror, their blood joining that of their fellow elves, a river of life-blood which shall cleanse this wood from the poison of the Sindar elves.

All have felt the sting of my vengance! All have born the weight of my pain! All of Lorien now knows the price that must be paid for slaughtering their own king, the only good thing these elves ever had to boast of, and have learned the folly of their ways! This lesson, indeed, they will not soon forget, and nor shall the Silvan elves, who will remember, always, that these interlopers who have dwelt so long by the seas they have become soaked and salted with its waters, and have taken into themselves its tumultuous crashing and violence, its war-fever and eternal tumult, this pestilence cannot and will not be born by our people, and will be wiped from Middle-Earth for all eternity to come!
Old 12-21-2014, 05:06 AM   #297
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

Ah well. I had a bad feeling it might be that one. I'd better grab my harp! Sorry for being late toDay and leaving Farael to make the decision on his own.

Excellent rant, Lottie!
Old 12-21-2014, 05:07 AM   #298
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Ah well. I had a bad feeling it might be that one. I'd better grab my harp! Sorry for being late toDay and leaving Farael to make the decision on his own.

Excellent rant, Lottie!
I've been sitting on that one for so long, you have no idea.
Old 12-21-2014, 05:55 AM   #299
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Leaf

Standing in the shallows of her eponymous river as dusk fell, Nimrodel beat Farael to death with the oar of an Elven boat, aided by Coppermirror. Blood eddied out from Farael's broken body, staining the once crystalline waters of the River Nimrodel an angry crimson.

"He, er... doesn't look like he's going to change..." Coppermirror observed doubtfully.

"No," said Nimrodel, "but I am."

With that, her fair shape underwent a swift and hideous transformation, while Coppermirror could only look on in disbelief.

"Nimrodel! Why?"

"Why?" Wolf-Nimrodel snarled, baring her long white fangs. "I'll tell you why!"

And she did.

Seizing her chance as the werewolf paused for breath at the end of her long rant, Coppermirror turned to flee, but the monster was after her in an instant. With a leap, Wolf-Nimrodel came crashing onto the Elf-maid's shoulders, knocking her flat to the ground, where she proceeded to tear her limb from limb.

Raising her blood-dripping muzzle to the sky, she who had been Nimrodel howled in triumph and despair at the evening stars.

~~~~~~

The Living
Lottie, Nimrodel the Cursed Lover. (Werewolf).

The Dead
Rikae, smothered with Elven cloak Night Five. (Ordo).
Farael, beaten to death with oar Day Five. (Ordo).
Coppermirror, torn apart by werewolf Day Five. (Ordo).

Game over. Wolves win. Nimrodel wins. Lovers lose. (You work it out...)

Last edited by Nerwen; 12-21-2014 at 05:59 AM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 06:11 AM   #300
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

Excellent narrations throughout the game, Nerwen!

Cursed Lover seems like a pretty fun role. I wonder if any other games have had one before?
Old 12-21-2014, 06:40 AM   #301
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

As far as I know, this is the first.
Old 12-21-2014, 08:49 AM   #302
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sigh... what heart break... my hopes were that a cursed lover would just be too unrealistic. I spent AlL GAME saying I didn't trust the Lover-Nimrodel completely... but I thought they would've had a non wolf role and I dunno... ugh.

Good game though! It was nice to get back into WW
Old 12-21-2014, 12:08 PM   #303
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I knew it.

I came so close to voting for Lottie on my last day - in fact, I only voted Kitanna because I thought there was a chance that even if Lottie was the "wolf", that would trigger a win. And, Farael and Copper, why didn't my death make it obvious? I would have been the easiest lynch on the last day, but Lottie could have expected me to vote for her.

Great setup, Nerwen!
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 01:13 PM   #304
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
I knew it.

I came so close to voting for Lottie on my last day - in fact, I only voted Kitanna because I thought there was a chance that even if Lottie was the "wolf", that would trigger a win. And, Farael and Copper, why didn't my death make it obvious? I would have been the easiest lynch on the last day, but Lottie could have expected me to vote for her.

Great setup, Nerwen!
I was watching after I died, and Rikae, you terrified me with how right you were.

Good job, Lottie - and sorry I didn't get to use more of your coded hints, Agan. That early lynch of Amroth was good and bad - it got rid of the Ranger, sure, but it immediately put Agan on a clock.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 01:35 PM   #305
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
And, Farael and Copper, why didn't my death make it obvious? I would have been the easiest lynch on the last day, but Lottie could have expected me to vote for her.
Once I saw that you were the one who got night killed, I did get much more suspicious of Lottie, since you getting killed was what I would have expected from a Lottie-wolf. And the things you were saying the previous Day all seemed to hang together. But, I wasn't persuaded of it to the extent of being willing to vote Lottie without looking things through for both Lottie and Farael, and then I showed up really late...It's not as if Farael at #286 wasn't willing to consider that Lottie's role might have been different from what she claimed. There's a chance we would have worked it out if we'd both been around longer at the same time, but oh well. At least this way we got Lottie's long and elegant evil victory speech!
Old 12-21-2014, 02:17 PM   #306
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
That was the worst Day 1 I've had that I was completely right about. Good play on Lottie's end for sure!

So you did think Agan was the seer and tried to pick her off that night?
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 03:17 PM   #307
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Good job, Lottie - and sorry I didn't get to use more of your coded hints, Agan.
It's not like we needed them that much - and after all, we've done it before.

I actually did think about playing it chill on day 1 and not putting myself in the spotlight seeing how quiet it was, but in the end I couldn't be bothered - I wanted my fun and figured that even if people voted for me, I could have more fun. What I didn't count on was that a fifth of the village hadn't played with me before and would be less willing to overlook my antics with "Oh it's Agan!" Sorry about that, Shasta - I know I put you in a nasty spot!

I'm genuinely sorry about lynching Jêx, it wasn't fair but it was my best shot. I have the honour of never having been fenrised and I'm not about to start now.

And well done, Lottie! Butter wouldn't melt in your mouth! I originally thought Lottie was indeed the seer because of the way she was just a little bit too certain I was lying, and while I tried to make my imminent death implicate pretty much everybody on day 2, I made an extra effort to act like Lottie and I were wolf-on-wolfing although I think we pretty much decided she was going to die before the end of the day.

Shasta thought sally could be the seer who had dreamed of him but I didn't think she would have saved me from lynching if she knew I was lying and that she would have revealed if she'd had two wolves. We also had Cop pinned as Nimrodel because of how quick Jêx was to defend her while she kept a distance and brought up the tiniest little points against him - I would have given you her as my Nimrodel dream if it had come to that.

In any case, I consider the drastically dropped gifted credibility my greatest achievement in this game. Although I can't deny the amusement of getting not one vote on day 2 despite being a known wolf and lynching the first person who voted for me instead!

I must confess, though, that after Rikae puzzled together what was going on, I almost wanted us to lose. Your razor sharp logic is a thing of beauty.

Thanks for the game, Nerwen! I enjoyed it a lot, and it's waay too long since I was last a wolf.
Old 12-21-2014, 06:44 PM   #308
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCaber View Post
So you did think Agan was the seer and tried to pick her off that night?
I had actually assumed that I was going to die at the end of the Day, taking someone down with me as a revenge kill, like I've seen happen to other Lovers in games past...but instead I became a Cursed Werebear. I knew that I couldn't last too long as a werebear without someone realizing that Nimrodel was probably evil, so I decided I couldn't take the chance of Agan actually being the Seer who had dreamed of me. Besides, even if she was a wolf, that worked for me - I could keep people off Nimrodel's trail as long as possible. And I enjoyed the fact that I could do my best to kill everyone who'd voted for Tar. Of course, I was Turned that Night, and never even got a chance to pm with my new packmates before they were both dead, which actually worked out in my favor anyway, since of course Nimrodel would have been lynched if it was obvious she was a werebear, and the way it worked out, I could argue that someone else had been Turned instead. I still can't believe I survived - I was convinced several times this game that I was for sure about to die, and Rikae kept being so spot-on it was spooky!

As it turns out, though, I hadn't been consciously hinting to the wolves that I was Cursed - but I probably did slip and say "cursed before" because I was cursed this game, so, good catch!
Old 12-21-2014, 06:45 PM   #309
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Oh! And why did you wolves kill Boro first thing? I never did figure that one out.
Old 12-21-2014, 08:43 PM   #310
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Oh man! This is one epic game! Like, historical epic.

Nerwen, great concept! Finding out about all the secret stuff was just as exciting as catching up with the game! All the twists and turns are like a separate storyline.

Kudos sally! You've ousted, well, both wolves - Shasta by dream and Agan for the false reveal. Shame your dream ordos weren't 100% wolf-proof, though.

Lottie! I was debating whether I should say "man, Lottie, you rock" or "man, Lottie, you're crazy". I decided to go with both. You rock. That was crazy.

Nice try, village! I think a special mention should go to Rikae. When you were unraveling the Nightly secrets I was reading the thread like the finale of a mystery novel. The question of people's roles, combined with all of the set-up's secrecy... ahhhh. But getting all of that stuff right? Damn.

Agan, you slippery thing! Who knows how long you would have lasted if it wasn't for Nerdanel/Nimrodel?

It was a brilliant game to follow, and I wish I could play. Well done everyone!
Old 12-21-2014, 09:28 PM   #311
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Oh! And why did you wolves kill Boro first thing? I never did figure that one out.
We thought he was the Cursed.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 10:52 AM   #312
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
As it turns out, though, I hadn't been consciously hinting to the wolves that I was Cursed - but I probably did slip and say "cursed before" because I was cursed this game, so, good catch!
I was wondering about that post but figured it could go either way so I didn't chase it further. There was a game ages ago (god that would probably be close to ten years now) where Nogrod was the seer (for the first time, I think) and wanted to lynch wolf!Roa without revealing, so he latched onto her slip "I've never been a wolf before". She claimed it wasn't a slip though, but perfectly grammatical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Agan, you slippery thing! Who knows how long you would have lasted if it wasn't for Nerdanel/Nimrodel?
Till the very end, of course. If Lottie had killed someone else the night we killed her, we would probably have won before the end of the day, seer or no seer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
We thought he was the Cursed.
Yeah. Basically it went like this:
*deadline*
S: I feel Boro might be the cursed.
A: Do you know I thought the same!
S: Let's look at everyone before sending in his name though.
A: Yeah let's do that although we might as well kill him.
*half an hour before deadline*
Nerwen: Sooo who are you two going to kill?

I was curious to see what people made of it, even if it would have been more sensible by far to kill someone who left a false trail.