The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-19-2009, 09:00 PM   #681
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post

'tis a weird day in Werewolf land when the top three living posters are Kent, Izzy, and Gwath.
That is very true. Weird weird weird. Although, I have a lot of short posts, whereas other players have longer ones, but fewer. So it doesn't necessarily mean I've contributed more.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:01 PM   #682
Kent2010
Wight

Kent2010 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
If you were to ask me Sally why I am now not suspicious of you, even if I listed you as a possibility at the start of the day, that is because I have been taking note of the collaborative effort to defend me and those turning the attention on you.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:08 PM   #683
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Vote Tally.

Nilp -> Sally(4). 5
Greenie -> Sally. 6
Kent -> Nilp(2). 3
Lari -> Kent(2). 3
Sally ->Kent. 4
Fea -> Sally. 7

Sally 7. Kent 4. Nilp 3.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:09 PM   #684
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent2010 View Post
It might be best to take me out, because I am innocent, but I think Sally is the wrong person too, and she would be more valuable to have around as an innocent than me.
Indeed? Well who DO you recommend we lynch?
Old 04-19-2009, 09:10 PM   #685
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ya know Kent.
In one post you say we will lose if you are lynched toDay.
Then you say that it would be better to lynch you.

Which is it?

X'd with Gwath. haha.

Last edited by Isabellkya; 04-19-2009 at 09:11 PM. Reason: x'posting, then capitalization error.
Isabellkya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:15 PM   #686
Kent2010
Wight

Gwath, well I voted for Nilp and I have asked about him twice but that had gone ignored twice.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:19 PM   #687
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
I know, it's unreasonable to suspect everyone, but, as demonstrated by the previous two NIGHT kills before last NIGHT, the Three seem to have been relatively unconcerned by the DAY's discussion, killing people who could have easily been lynched the next DAY instead! We need to push everyone, start pointing out little things and hope, somehow, that those with guilty consciences would slip something. It has happened a lot before, after all.
-Nilp
Quote:
Now if this isn't an evil attempt to white wash the Brinn kill than I don't know what is. She was obviously killed because she falsely claimed to be Finrod, and the baddies bought it. Now maybe you could say, well if Brinn wasn't killed the real Finrod would have stepped out and Brinn would have been lynched. But come on, she claims to be Finrod the baddies have to attack because Finrod can kill one of them with a successful protection, and add on top of that Finrod can't defend himself. Brinn was killed because they fell for her fake Finrod reveal. To try and sweep it under the rug as if they were going for easy lynch targets is fishy...especially since I have said earlier today that I believe I am an easy lynch target. - Kent
Are you sure you didn't misread it Kent? He didn't lump all three kills together. He said "....demonstrated by the previous two NIGHT kills before last NIGHT,..."

Last edited by Isabellkya; 04-19-2009 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Fixed a broken tag.
Isabellkya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:21 PM   #688
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
Tooth and nail, Kent?

Maybe you mean.. claw and fang? xD
Doctor Who reference?
Old 04-19-2009, 09:23 PM   #689
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

No Gwath.

Just a plain ol' werewolf and Vampire reference. xD
Old 04-19-2009, 09:24 PM   #690
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Oh dear... what an Easter week this has been! I realise it is looong past due when I said I'd be back--nearer the 24 than the 12. In my defence, however, the Easter Octave only lasts 8 days, and night's the end. So if I've been deep in the wine and the ice cream and the beer and the smokes and the conversations and the scotch and the chocolate and the pancakes and the sausages (not all at once mind, but that's sort of my day right there...), then I'm not sure I can be blamed.

Not, however, that my day would have been much more productive here. I all but came out yesterday as the Seer, but Brinn is the only person--except the Wolves, I'll wager (though they must have known I was the Seer)--who seems to have picked up on this.

Anyway, thanks to Brinn, I had no dream last night, but because she's dead, I know none of my known innocents is Gríma. Of course, Nogrod is dead now, but Fea, Kent, and myself are all still alive, and can't be worse than a Pippin.

As regards the current votee candidates, obviously, I don't hold with voting for Kent, but Sally and Nilp both strike me as possibilities. Isabellkya also worries me, and if those three were the Triumvirate of Pure Evil (tm), I would not be surprised at this point.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:25 PM   #691
Kent2010
Wight

Oops, well the Brinn kill was a misreading, but that still begs the question of how does he conclude Agan and Firefoot were killed because they were easy lynch targets? Since when he analyzed Firefoot's post he suggested they might have thought Firefoot was Luthien. And with Luthien still out there, I assume that is their primary motive, not to cause confusion by taking out easy lynch candidates.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:25 PM   #692
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
No Gwath.

Just a plain ol' werewolf and Vampire reference. xD
Oh well. It can be if I want it to.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:28 PM   #693
Kent2010
Wight

Quote:
I all but came out yesterday as the Seer, but Brinn is the only person--except the Wolves, I'll wager (though they must have known I was the Seer)--who seems to have picked up on this.
-Formendacil
That is why I dropped my entire case against you yesterday, and didn't mention what you said today, because I wasn't sure if you wanted to remain hidden today or not.

I would feel better about Nilp today, I think his explanations regarding all 3 kills is fishy. I don't like when I had asked about Nilp (though it might have been missed in the mass posting boom), the attention turned from defending me to trying to get Sally. But that's just my opinion.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:28 PM   #694
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

It sure can be.

Why are you revealing now Form?

X'd with Kent.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:31 PM   #695
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

To be perfectly blunt Kent. Perhaps reread the entire game thread?
Old 04-19-2009, 09:37 PM   #696
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil View Post
Oh dear... what an Easter week this has been! I realise it is looong past due when I said I'd be back--nearer the 24 than the 12. In my defence, however, the Easter Octave only lasts 8 days, and night's the end. So if I've been deep in the wine and the ice cream and the beer and the smokes and the conversations and the scotch and the chocolate and the pancakes and the sausages (not all at once mind, but that's sort of my day right there...), then I'm not sure I can be blamed.
That's MY kind of Easter: celebratory.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:39 PM   #697
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
To Izzy: By most of the game I meant most of the game, not all. Big difference.

Now, to something not about me. Gwath's recent behavior is very curious. First (as in first in the last few hours) he semi-agrees with my opinion of Kent, then says 'oh it's okay he's new', then says that he dislikes the suspicion against the New Kid. I mean it's possible he just changed his mind but it still raises an alram bell if you ask me. (Which no one did, but that's not the point.)

EDIT: x'd from Formie on. Oh, now that's interesting
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:39 PM   #698
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

So who have you dreamt of, Form?
Old 04-19-2009, 09:41 PM   #699
Kent2010
Wight

Quote:
To be perfectly blunt Kent. Perhaps reread the entire game thread?
Be perfectly blunt...if Nilp is lynched and his role revealed, does that expose you?
Old 04-19-2009, 09:42 PM   #700
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post

Now, to something not about me. Gwath's recent behavior is very curious. First (as in first in the last few hours) he semi-agrees with my opinion of Kent, then says 'oh it's okay he's new', then says that he dislikes the suspicion against the New Kid. I mean it's possible he just changed his mind but it still raises an alram bell if you ask me.
Pardon me? Could you explain again, please?
Old 04-19-2009, 09:43 PM   #701
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I have something I'd like to bring up, but I need to find it first. Back soon I hope.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:45 PM   #702
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
It sure can be.

Why are you revealing now Form?

X'd with Kent.
Because I'm pretty sure at this point the only people who hadn't figured that I was the Seer were most of the Ordos. I trust Kent (as he's one of my Known Innocents), when he says he knew, and if Brinn had me pegged, I'm sure a group of three wolves had at least one member able to peg me too--but the thing with the baddies is that they're looking for Seer clues, so they can feast on Seer.

At this point, I may be the kill tonight (Ranger, if you haven't eaten me yet, that'd be awesome to NOT be the case). That being the case, I won't be able to garner any more information through dreams, so I wanted to make sure my Known Innocents were known--by the innocent part of the village, which was clearly not happening as long as Kent was on the deathlist.

Which means, incidentally, that anyone who voted Kent obviously was obviously not an innocent who had figured I was the Seer--but whether that makes them a clueless innocent or a wolf remains to be seen.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:45 PM   #703
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
Now, to something not about me. Gwath's recent behavior is very curious. First (as in first in the last few hours) he semi-agrees with my opinion of Kent, then says 'oh it's okay he's new', then says that he dislikes the suspicion against the New Kid. I mean it's possible he just changed his mind but it still raises an alram bell if you ask me. (Which no one did, but that's not the point.)
See, what I don't understand is where you think I changed my mind.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:48 PM   #704
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
So who have you dreamt of, Form?
Have I not made this clear yet?

Fëa, Nogrod, and Kent--all three were "innocent as far as Lúthien could tell"--which means they might have had Gríma among them, but as Brinn has been revealed as Gríma, that's not so.

My dream last night was useless, since Brinn blocked me.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:51 PM   #705
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil View Post
Have I not made this clear yet?

Fëa, Nogrod, and Kent--all three were "innocent as far as Lúthien could tell"--which means they might have had Gríma among them, but as Brinn has been revealed as Gríma, that's not so.

My dream last night was useless, since Brinn blocked me.
Now I see.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:56 PM   #706
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Sally and Lari both voted for Kent. Of the two, Sally has struck me as the more suspicious... but I'm wary of under-the-radar voting, and voting for Kent is a tenuous connection at best.

I've got more last-minute Easter Octave celebration waiting... another bottle of wine has been opened, and I'm not likely to get any sudden inspirations at this late hour. So I'm going to put more pressure on the Nilp vote. He was my dream last night, and I may be irked I didn't get an answer.

++ Nilpaurion Felagund (+2)

EDITED TO FIX TAGS, SO AS TO HAVE A VALID VOTE

Last edited by Formendacil; 04-19-2009 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Fixing tags...
Formendacil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:57 PM   #707
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
To Sally.
We will see the result of the Vampire's vote sucking. It will be reflected in the bonus vote tally.

It may just be because it seems to be the current focus of attention.
Yet, I think we all give these Bonus Votes too much credit, and weight.
As if the three's decisions and world only revolve around how to better their situation with the BV's. They have Luthein and Finrod to worry about. As well as any other normal worries, of someone suspecting them and getting them lynched.
If LUthien discovers one of them, you think their BV's could save their mate; without exposing the other two? The longer LuThien is alive, I don't think it really matters how many BV's the three have - as long as LutHien has a smattering of innocents they know about. Then again if LuthIen is alive towards the end with the three, and a few others; who can really predict how many BV's the three and LuthiEn will have with them? No one can truly predict how each day will go, with BV's, Finrod, the three, and LuthieN.

Haha. That was totally for your benefit Kent. xD

X'd with Nog and Green.
Is it just me or does someone have some explaining to do?

(Meta-game note: I'm currently having my pretty much first meal of the day, so please excuse me for a while. Thanks)

EDIT: x'd with Form. By the way, I may be a skeptic but I've considered Form fairly innocent and now that....oh, it's going to be in another post. x'd with form, etc.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:57 PM   #708
Kent2010
Wight

Even though Sally and Lari voted for me, I would suggest not to vote for them today. Lari I am not sure about, but Sally looks innocent and like I said I found it curious that after my spiritted defenses, both Isabellyka and Gwath turned to Sally and offered her up (following Fea's vote I believe).

I am unsure about Gwath still, but I will point out even though Gwath has been defending me today, I don't think that points to him knowing you were the seer yesterday. Based on the fact that he has just questioned you about it.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:59 PM   #709
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

To Sally.
Where did I say 'all'?
You haven't even "been after" Kent for a full two days. Which isn't even half of the game Days. Which isn't even "Most". Now, if you've been after him off thread and during the Night I suppose amongst your mates. Then yes, I suppose you could say 'Most'. Biiiig difference between most and not even half.

Kent. I've no idea about Nilp's role. Why don't you tell me?
"I don't like when I had asked about Nilp (though it might have been missed in the mass posting boom), the attention turned from defending me to trying to get Sally. But that's just my opinion." In whom(s) were you referring to in this? Not the time to be insinuating things.

Form. If you think at least one of the wolves had caught on to you, then why weren't you gone after during the Night? I guess because you thought most of the Ordo's had not caught on to you? Well, why didn't the Vampire just kill you last Night - then their kill wouldn't be blocked by Finrod.

X'd since Gwath's #703.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:59 PM   #710
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
...I see. Well, then.

With Form, Kent, and Fea all confirmed innocent (should we choose to believe Form... although since no one has come forward to challenge his reveal I think this should be the case), that leaves...

Izzy
Sally
Lari
Greenie
Gwath
Nilp

as possible voting candidates for me today. I still hold to my suspicion of Gwath, but I can see voting him today would be folly considering the spread of votes so far. I still think that Sally is lynchable today as well, but I should probably go ahead and do a list of all six of them to be sure.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 10:01 PM   #711
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
I am unsure about Gwath still, but I will point out even though Gwath has been defending me today, I don't think that points to him knowing you were the seer yesterday. Based on the fact that he has just questioned you about it.
Yeah, I kind of thought he was a wolf.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:09 PM   #712
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sally.
Direct response to this...

Quote:
.....Some may think an ordos job is to vote, let the specials fight it out, and die, but I don't. I will jump right into something, if smiley and punctutation placement can be scrutinized I will call out coded messages and titles. Think twice before anyone tries nifty mind tricks and manuevers. ....

-Kent
What would your point be?

Kent - I've been suspicious of Sally since Day 2. I've voted for her two Days in a row. As I said, perhaps you should reread the entire game thread.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:13 PM   #713
Kent2010
Wight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
Yeah, I kind of thought he was a wolf.
I did consider why he wasn't killed then last night, but with Brinn claiming Finrod, I assumed the wolves bought it and that's why she was killed. To take away the chance of going after Formendacil and having Finrod defend him.

Quote:
Form. If you think at least one of the wolves had caught on to you, then why weren't you gone after during the Night? I guess because you thought most of the Ordo's had not caught on to you? Well, why didn't the Vampire just kill you last Night - then their kill wouldn't be blocked by Finrod.
-Isabellyka
There are some factors to consider. For example Grima's 'fall ill' or whatever it's called ability. Even if one of the wolves caught onto Formendacil, if Grima caught on, theoretically Grima could block Luthien's ability (which according to Form did happen), they could take out Finrod because Finrod can't defend himself, and not risk being found by Luthien because the ability was blocked by Grima, and be able to get rid of Luthien the next night.

Also, Thuringwethil can't choose a kill every day. It says in the rules that each one of the baddies has to make a selection before one of them can kill again...maybe Thuringwethil made her choice one of the two days before?
Old 04-19-2009, 10:13 PM   #714
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
Kent - I've been suspicious of Sally since Day 2. I've voted for her two Days in a row. As I said, perhaps you should reread the entire game thread.
And I voted sally yesterDay.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:19 PM   #715
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Very true Kent, there is no certain way to determine when each of the Three killed. I would just think that a Luthien kill would trump a Finrod kill. Would they not have to assume that others, including Finrod spotted Luthien? So that is why they went after Finrod instead of Luthien?
Old 04-19-2009, 10:21 PM   #716
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

And I voted Sally....oh, wait.

Anyway, I can assure you that I'm not evil, I'm just really slow. I think I'll be following Form's vote since he's the only person I can (hopefully) trust. I'll wait around a bit and see what's happening, then go from there.

Gwath still seems off to me, though. Just sayin'. Then again, with my crappy hunches this game, I obviously don't know what the Fangorn Forest is going on.

EDIT: x'd with Izzy.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:22 PM   #717
Kent2010
Wight

Quote:
Very true Kent, there is no certain way to determine when each of the Three killed. I would just think that a Luthien kill would trump a Finrod kill. Would they not have to assume that others, including Finrod spotted Luthien? So that is why they went after Finrod instead of Luthien?
-Isabellyka
I have absolutely no idea, but I would agree that Luthien would trump Finrod in the mind of the baddies.

I was wondering why Brinn claimed to be Finrod, but now I think it could actually be to get the real Finrod to reveal. That way as Grima she could have blocked Finrod's power and the wolves could have had a free shot on Luthien. But that didn't work out too well hehe.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:23 PM   #718
Kent2010
Wight

Sally we've all had very crappy hunches this game.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:26 PM   #719
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Sally we've all had very crappy hunches this game.
True, but I get frustrated when I'm really wrong, which is why I've been so short and crabby.

My apologies, by the way, Kent. I really did think you were evil, nothing personal, of course.

ETA: Going to do a vote count. Back in a tick.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:27 PM   #720
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
Gwath still seems off to me, though. Just sayin'. Then again, with my crappy hunches this game, I obviously don't know what the Fangorn Forest is going on.
Earlier you were trying to use my position on Kent as an argument for my guilt. So which is it: a hunch or an argument?