The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2017, 05:00 AM   #1
Faramir Jones
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Faramir Jones is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Faramir Jones is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
1420! Oxonmoot 2017

Some Downers met at Oxonmoot, the Tolkien's Society's annual meeting, in St. Antony's College, University of Oxford, on 21st - 24th September. I've put up this thread for posts and photos.

Among those I noticed there, apart from myself, were: Kath, Aganzir, Hookbill, The Squatter of Amon Rûdh, Poison Ivy, narfforc, KarlPeredhel, Previncia Took, and The Might. (This is not intended to be an complete list.)

In terms of my own experience of the 'moot, the highlights for me included: one, the pub quiz on the Thursday night, Mike and Maggie Perceval confounding so many of us with their questions ; two, many of the talks, including The Might's one on 'Advanced Materials in the Legendarium', an interesting look at 5 materials written about by Tolkien; and three, the party on the Saturday night, which was held outside, the weather being lovely for the time of year.

Overall, I had a great time. If any other Downers who were also there would like to talk about their experiences...
Faramir Jones is offline   Reply With Quote