The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2002, 08:46 PM   #1
Olo Gamwich
Animated Skeleton

Olo Gamwich has just left Hobbiton.
Sting My Aragorn action figure

I recently bought an action figure of Aragorn. Now, I dont care for action figures, i just thought it would be excellent to decorate my desk with. Its really cool, cause it comes with a torch, his sword, AND the broken sword that cut the ring from Sauron's hand. Its propped up against my speaker and often I find myself playing with it for some reason. I just can't resist...it just calls to me...it WANTS me to hold it, make it draw its sword, make it swing its torch.....(sigh). Anyway, I think they are really awesome, so go buy one.....NOW!<P>
Old 04-08-2002, 10:50 PM   #2
Tigerlily Gamgee
Hostess of Spirits

Tigerlily Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tigerlily Gamgee
Silmaril

I do not have Aragorn, but I do have Frodo, Merry and Pippin, and Gandalf... Though, these are still in their boxes. I feel as though I would ruin the collector's value if I open them. But I am not saying you shouldn't open them, I just choose not to.
Tigerlily Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2002, 10:57 PM   #3
greyhavener
Wight

greyhavener has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I'm jealous. My son has been checking every week for an Aragorn. He's got the rest. We just finished painting his room "somthing elven". Of course his are all open and he plays with them. He couldn't wait for the movies we read the whole thing. If you got Aragorn on the net somewhere, I'd appreciate a post with the url. thanks.
Old 04-08-2002, 11:22 PM   #4
Tigerlily Gamgee
Hostess of Spirits

Silmaril

greyhavener...<BR>Did you try checking on either Ebay, Amazon, or the New Line Cinema Shop?<BR>I am sure that one of those places will have it
Old 04-08-2002, 11:29 PM   #5
Tigerlily Gamgee
Hostess of Spirits

Silmaril

greyhavener<BR>Check out this link for your figure... <A HREF="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1720298099" TARGET=_blank>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1720298099</A> <BR>but hurry because the aucition is over in 19 hours!!!
Old 04-09-2002, 10:04 AM   #6
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Raefindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Raefindel
Sting

Are we talking about the Burger King collection? Yes, they ran out fast. I had to complete my collection on ebay.<P>Do you figure they will come out with new ones when TTT is released? Treebeard would be cool!
Old 04-09-2002, 10:38 AM   #7
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Birdland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I am the Anti-Collector!!! First I'd take my action figures out of their boxes, and throw the boxes away! Mu-Wa-Ha-Ha. <P>After cutting off all the tags and loosing the little weapons in the carpet, I'd have fun "playing" with my action figures. <P>Such as:<P>Hanging Frodo over the fish tank and dunking him, just like the Watcher in the Water scene.<P>Tying a string around Sam's leg, so my cat can play "Shelob".<P>Knocking Gollum off the top of the bookshelves with paper wads. Just like the Cracks of Doom. <P>Making little toothpick arrows and impaling Boromir, just like the Orcs did. <P>Let's see...Falls of Rauros...garbage disposal or toilet?...hmmm...<P>Tie Gandalf to the car antenna and drive on freeway, so he can fly just like he did on the eagle's back.<P>Pelt Pippin with marbles, so he can play "Catch the Palantir".<P>See, you guys just don't know how to have fun with your action figures!
Birdland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 10:50 AM   #8
Rimbaud
The Perilous Poet

Rimbaud has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

lol Birdie!<P>I would like a lifesize model of the Balrog to hug and comfort when the nights are cold and long. *whimpers pitiously*<P>This is by far the most peculiar thread I have read today. You are clearly all crazy.<P>Now...here, Balrog! Roggie! Roggie???...<BR>
Old 04-09-2002, 11:09 AM   #9
Nevtalathiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Nevtalathiel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

LOL everyone, but Stephanos, I don't think you can call everyone else crazy when you read to the end of the thread and then replied. Oh-oh, I've done the same, but I doubt anyone who knows me would try to argue against the idea that I'm crazy!
Old 04-09-2002, 11:54 AM   #10
Rimbaud
The Perilous Poet

Rimbaud has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Ah..., but have you read the whole thing twice? My level of insanity is fast rising. I fear it is the cramped environs of my office! I must get out! Out, I tell you...*dribbles and shakes*<P>(At least my model Balrog will protect me...)
Old 04-09-2002, 12:04 PM   #11
Nevtalathiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

LOL <P>Just take your pills and I'm sure you'll be fine again!
Old 04-09-2002, 12:18 PM   #12
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Sting

I'm curious, birdland, what would do with Treebeard, Theoden, Eowen, Eomer, Denethor and Faramir? Did I miss any?
Old 04-09-2002, 12:20 PM   #13
Nevtalathiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

I think Denethor at least is obvious, burn it!
Old 04-09-2002, 11:40 PM   #14
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Sting

C'mon Raefindel, use your imagination!<P>Eomer and Eowyn - Horseshoes, anyone?<P>Treebeard - Bounce him off a brick wall, in honor of the siege of Orthanc?<P>Faramir - Stomped by elephant?<P>Legolas - Buried in snowdrift until Spring? Tossed to seagulls?<P>Denethor - Good choice, Nevtalethiel! Don't forget the marbles (err... the Palantir.)<P>Theoden - Remains in his box, by my bedside, and is dusted regularly. (sigh) Theoden!!!!<P>And for all you collectors; think how much more yours will be worth! "LOTR Action Figures. Never dunked, tossed, flushed, impaled, burned or fed to hungry seagulls."<p>[ April 10, 2002: Message edited by: Birdland ]
Old 04-10-2002, 12:37 AM   #15
KingCarlton
Wight

KingCarlton has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Whoa Cool,<BR>I could add a few more action figures to my<BR>already cluttered up heap of such fare.<BR>Womder how Arwen, Galadriel, Ewoyn and an Uruk Hai would look lumped in with Lady Death, Vampirella, Cavewoman, Wolverine, Spawn, Chewbacca and the rest of my motley figurines.<BR>Well I'm off to Toys R Us.<P>Know Peace.<P>
Know ye People, that between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities, And the rise of the sons of Aryas, there was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars.

Hither came Carlton, the King, black haired, bronze hued, mightily thewed, sullen eyed. Sword in hand, a warrior, a destroyer, a conqueror. With gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jewelled thrones of the Earth, under his sandalled feet.
KingCarlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 04:54 AM   #16
Nevtalathiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Theoden could be crushed by a horse, or if that is too hard, the elephant wich crushes Faramir!
Old 04-10-2002, 11:14 AM   #17
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Sting

WoW! I'll have to buy a horse! Thanks guys!
Old 04-10-2002, 11:35 AM   #18
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Sting

Noooooo, nobody touches my Bernard Hill "grizzled hunk" action figure!<P>MOMMMMM! Raefindel's horse broke my Theoden!!!!! (Sniff)
Old 04-10-2002, 11:37 AM   #19
Nevtalathiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Ok, I think someone might need some help distinguishing between reality and the life of action figures!<P>Only joking, but lets not fight about it!
Old 04-10-2002, 08:12 PM   #20
Brimstone Goldenwing
Animated Skeleton

Brimstone Goldenwing has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Lolz you guys!!<P>I saw that action figure at Suncoast..I'm gonna buy them! What can I say? As an action figure maniac I can't resist!!!!!!!
Telepathic powers and strength of the gods,
Gives them an advantage that beats all the odds,
Elves and orks and humans alike,
All have a fear of the dragon’s great bite,
And nobody dares to fight the great creature,
For there’s something to fear of its every little feature.
-"Dragon's Feast", part of poem by David Bankson
Brimstone Goldenwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2002, 12:05 AM   #21
KingCarlton
Wight

KingCarlton has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Is there one of the Cave Troll ?<BR>In different poses and colours...er...<P>and how about orcs...the nazgul ?<BR>the elves of lothlorien?<P>I'm going to get them all and make my own chuckamation LOTR movie.ala. Action League Now !<P>Wow ! I can see the big bucks already.<P>~laughing to the bank~<P>
Know ye People, that between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities, And the rise of the sons of Aryas, there was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars.

Hither came Carlton, the King, black haired, bronze hued, mightily thewed, sullen eyed. Sword in hand, a warrior, a destroyer, a conqueror. With gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jewelled thrones of the Earth, under his sandalled feet.
KingCarlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2002, 04:33 AM   #22
Nevtalathiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Problem is King Carlton, people might get a little angry if you just start chucking action figures in front of their cars (did anything else ever happen in Action League Now!?) Maybe you should put up a notice saying "Filming for The Lord of the Rings taking place here now. Enter at your own risk!"
Old 04-11-2002, 03:42 PM   #23
Lostgaeriel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Lostgaeriel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Playing with your Aragorn action figure, huh? All I can see are Viggo Mortensen's photographs of Ariel mermaid dolls - his son Henry plays with them in a couple of the photos. But I especially love the photo from this series titled "Cheating", on page 64 of his book "Recent Forgeries"! (If you haven't seen it, you won't understand why I'm laughing so hard. Let's just say that it appears that Viggo enjoys playing with action figures too.) <P>Don't misunderstand - the photo is rather innocent - Ken, 2 Barbies, 2 Ariels around the bathroom sink. It's the title that gives the meaning to the scene.<P><A HREF="http://www.track16.com/viggo/viggo.html" TARGET=_blank>Two of the mermaid pictures are here.</A><p>[ April 18, 2002: Message edited by: Lostgaeriel ]
Old 04-13-2002, 06:27 AM   #24
wainrider

Sting

Would anyone be interested in a contest where we have to guess the exact number of ToyBiz figures that will comprise the three films? We could establish an arbitrary date of say July of 2004. We would not include those horrific 12 inch dolls - a real disgrace to the film and collectors. Only the normal sized figures and that would include the Troll, Balrog, Treebeard, Grond and anything else that is slightly larger but in the same series.<BR>There have been 18 released already. With series 3 and 4 of FOTR they will be up to 35 by the end of summer.<BR>The announcement for TWO TOWERS features at least 22 more. Before the end of the year we will have between 55 and 60! There will most likely be two additional waves for TT and then the third film with an additional 30 to 40 more. How many in the end?????<BR>One other thing....... does anyone know if ToyBiz can crank these out like the Star Wars toys for many years or must they stop when the films leave the theaters?<BR>PEACE