The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-11-2004, 09:20 AM   #441
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
Wow Feanor has got like the best Desripton of me yet...though i'm 6"2 i do enjoy hockey, and i am a funny person though most jokes do hit there landing posiston...and Morsul though i am pretty good at soccer, i like the other one better...heh
Old 08-11-2004, 10:05 AM   #442
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morai has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Morai Send a message via Yahoo to Morai Send a message via Skype™ to Morai
Quote:
We are the pirates who don't do anything...
"We are the Downies, that don't post anything...."
Sorry, I couldn't resist. I love Larry, especially in the Larryboy movies. (the computer animated ones.)
Let's see, who will be my first victim of description....
Gil-Galad : For some reason I see you as a buff muscular guy. I have a problem with imagining people by their names.

Morsul the Dark: Hmm...someone with pale skin and dark brown eyes. Though usually you appear as a person in a black cloak in my imagination.
Old 08-11-2004, 10:32 AM   #443
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morai
Morsul the Dark: Though usually you appear as a person in a black cloak in my imagination.
thats good go with that Hides in corner wrapped in robe

although you come to me as a girl with black hair pale blue eyes and an odd liking of pink sweaters....

The Barrow-Wight reminds me of my uncle Deithelm especially with avvie glasses
grey hair an annoying laugh

InklingElf is Like my english teacher (who looks like Scott Bakula) anyway mainly because I spend alot of time at dictionary.com looking up words he uses my latest one nostalgic Im sorry you feel a bittersweet longing for the Black M...

Last edited by Morsul the Dark; 08-11-2004 at 10:46 AM.
Morsul the Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 01:35 PM   #444
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
heh i actually am pretty buff...(using weights ya know) don't worry i'm not psychotic...or am i...
Old 08-11-2004, 01:39 PM   #445
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
i can answer that you are psycotic acually Im average muscle build I work out a little but not a lot just to keep at a reasonable weight

Last edited by Morsul the Dark; 08-11-2004 at 10:57 PM.
Old 08-11-2004, 07:53 PM   #446
Lhundulinwen
Wight

Lhundulinwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Lhundulinwen Send a message via MSN to Lhundulinwen Send a message via Yahoo to Lhundulinwen
Boots

I just imagine that all the moderators have a slight contoling-neat freak streak in them. (And thank goodness they do! The world would fall apart without them!) Everybody else.... hum, I just think as everybody else as regular people. The pics I have seen though kinda prove that wrong.... lol.
Old 08-11-2004, 10:28 PM   #447
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

The Perky Ent has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to The Perky Ent
White Tree

Quote:
Perky is a middle aged man married with children about 5'10 5'11 balding has black hair and mustache which is curly like the stuff on his head...way off most likely
Woah Woah Woah Morsul! Don't go spreadin stuff like that! Wayyyyyy off! Wayyy wayyy wayyy off! Like, from Utah to Alpha Centuri off!

Quote:
The Perky Ent is male, around 17, has sandy hair and his green eyes are flecked with gold. He has glasses, but wears his contacts more often, because his opinion is that glasses just get in the way. He wears T-shirts, jeans, and broken-in athletic shoes. He's 5'10", but would like to be taller.

Elrond's Daughter got pretty close. I am male (no duh), not 17 though. That's off. No sandy hair, not green eyes. No glasses, though I'm gonna need them in a year or two, and when that time comes, I probably will use contacts! I wear tons of broken-in rotting athletic shoes, t-shires, and jeanes. I wish I was 5'10", but i've got time
'But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.'
The Perky Ent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 10:39 PM   #448
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

Sorry Perky just how I see ya switching image oops image changer jammed ur stuck in my head like that
ill get out eventually
Old 08-11-2004, 10:53 PM   #449
InklingElf
Shade of Carn Dûm

InklingElf has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to InklingElf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark
i can answer that u are psycotic acually Im average muscle build I work out a little but not a lot just to keep at a reasonable weight
And really dark?
InklingElf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 10:56 PM   #450
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

AHH i used chat speech in that post!! im now ashames........ really dark what? confused by question
Old 08-12-2004, 03:03 AM   #451
InklingElf
Shade of Carn Dûm

I don't know...

Dark in skin
Dark as a Morsul
Dark as in evil (i think i put more faith in this )

You know better.
Old 08-12-2004, 08:57 AM   #452
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

yes according to my friends i am the most evil good person around
Old 08-12-2004, 09:06 AM   #453
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

The Perky Ent has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to The Perky Ent
White Tree

But then, of course, that was close to my discription if I wasn't an ent
'But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.'
The Perky Ent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 10:37 AM   #454
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morai has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Morai Send a message via Yahoo to Morai Send a message via Skype™ to Morai
Question Fine line between wishing and being....

Quote:
although you come to me as a girl with black hair pale blue eyes and an odd liking of pink sweaters....
Man, I wish I had black hair and pale blue eyes. Though I used to obessed with pink, I usually wear more red and black now. In reality, I'm sort of dirty blonde with greenish brown eyes. And yes I am a girl. Good guess though! (In fact keep imagining me like that if you wish.)

Quote:
heh i actually am pretty buff...(using weights ya know) don't worry i'm not psychotic...or am i...
Yay! I was right, I think. I would consider psychotic as a compliment, but that's probably just me.
Old 08-12-2004, 02:18 PM   #455
ninlaith
Wight

ninlaith has just left Hobbiton.
You know Perky Ent your name is pretty comical. It's sort of an oxy-moron. I know you're probably thinking "You are a moron if you just figured that out!" But you said that you wish you were 5'10" so I'm assuming you're under 17 and still have time to go through growth spirts or you're way over 17 and will no longer be growing. I think the first of the two is a little closer to the correct answer.
Old 08-12-2004, 03:18 PM   #456
elronds_daughter
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

elronds_daughter has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Perky, my opinion of your age has been lowered, considering your question about the ring shrinking... very immature. you disrupted my image of you!!! bad, bad boy. now you're either 13 or 14, but probably the latter. Younger than I am, instead of older. (oops! did i just give out a clue??? start changing your wrong images of me, quick!! )
Old 08-12-2004, 04:13 PM   #457
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Perky - I must admit, I purposefully try to imagine you at least a year or two older than you actually are (this is visible in his profile, for all of you out there) because you are in actuality only two months older than my brother... you get the picture. So, to my imagining you are 14 or 15, 5'8", light brown hair (despite that you said you don't... whatever), and brown eyes.

Hm, Sirith said in the Know Yer Mates thread that almost everybody imagines me with red hair here... I'll just let you think that.
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 04:53 PM   #458
elronds_daughter
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

YIKE!!! I just read Perky's profile, and he's definitely more mature than I have given him credit for. And don't worry, Perky, you've got plenty of time to get taller.
Old 08-12-2004, 09:03 PM   #459
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

wow Perky is alot younger than i thought I thought he was at least older than i was oh well sorry I will now trully convert your image to.....That kid across the street curly brown hair about 5'5 ainclined to be well-built if you get my meaning...i know you have curly hair dont deny it!
Old 08-13-2004, 05:45 AM   #460
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

Oh my. The whole time I was thinking The Perky Ent is a girl. Sorry for my ignorance...
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 07:36 AM   #461
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Silmaril

A reluctant sigh escapes Fea's lips...

I wasn't going to say anything, feeling incredibly ignorant, but as I'm not the only one, now I don't feel as bad. Perky, I also thought you were a girl. A very pretty 15-year-old one, if it helps. Blonde hair, blue eyes... Average build....

Lhuna, you are Eowyn. I know this is completely inaccurate, but my imagination likes to toy with the saner side of my brain.

Fea
Old 08-13-2004, 08:37 AM   #462
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sleepy Ranger has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe

Oooo! Oooo! Guess me! Guess me!
Old 08-13-2004, 09:18 AM   #463
Sirithheruwen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sirithheruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Perky's even younger than me! Now that surprises me. I imagined him (yes, him) as about 16 or 17.

This has started as a discussion of how you imagined other BDers but has turned to a full-blown discussion of Perky and his age and maturity.
Old 08-13-2004, 10:06 AM   #464
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sleepy Ranger

Dark Male about 5'9 muscular build dresses skateboardish(you know what I mean?)

Fea did you drop another bagel when you found out Perky was a guy?
Old 08-13-2004, 10:19 AM   #465
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Sleepy Ranger: Has an eye for a cool Van Helsing avatars & probably has seen the movie at least once. He is not a girl-not even a pretty 15 year-old . I'm guessing you are about 14-16, brownish hair, you'd rather be called 'Sleepy' instead of 'Sleepy Ranger', & you like quote games. You like Linkin Park, & your favorite movies are action movies rated PG-13 (Van Helsing, Spiderman, X-Men, Lord of the Rings, Signs, King Arthur, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Village, The Bourne Identity, The Bourne Supremacy, etc., etc., etc. ).

Last edited by The Only Real Estel; 08-13-2004 at 10:23 AM.
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 10:42 AM   #466
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sleepy Ranger has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe

Quote:
Sleepy Ranger: Has an eye for a cool Van Helsing avatars & probably has seen the movie at least once. He is not a girl-not even a pretty 15 year-old . I'm guessing you are about 14-16, brownish hair, you'd rather be called 'Sleepy' instead of 'Sleepy Ranger', & you like quote games.
Van Helsing rocks...... I loved the movie (Despite bad reviews) and I loved the PS2 game, it was brilliant.. I finished it. Rather short though. Took me 2 and half hours. (2 hours 29 minutes and 10 seconds) Before I start discussing Van Helsing here I'll move on. Browinsh hair, Kind of. And yes I'd rather be called Sleepy. And unlike what most people think its not becuase I'm always asleep, its because I'm pretty much never asleep.

You know all my favorite movies, how nice. Have we met before? Hey you wouldn't happen to be the person whi I watch movies with, would you?
Old 08-13-2004, 10:45 AM   #467
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

Quote:
And unlike what most people think its not becuase I'm always asleep, its because I'm pretty much never asleep
And because Ranger is the occupation, not part of the name .
Old 08-13-2004, 11:25 AM   #468
elronds_daughter
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Hmm.... it seems that we have a lot of people thinking that The Perky Ent is a girl, and it's interesting to note that they're all girls...

Quote:
This has started as a discussion of how you imagined other BDers but has turned to a full-blown discussion of Perky and his age and maturity.
Too true, Sirith, too true... ya know, somebody ought to start a thread on that topic. then we could all pick on Perky!! just kidding.

Cheers!

Elrond's (other) daughter
Old 08-13-2004, 11:38 AM   #469
ninlaith
Wight

ninlaith has just left Hobbiton.
Elronds_daughter, You remind me of a friend I had when I was younger and she loved Veggie Tales so I'm gonna take a crack at it. You seem like the type of girl who likes to have fun but can educate the people around her with "useless" knowledge...example: "Did you know a cockroach can live seven days without its head?" that sort of thing. You have blond hair, green eyes, and are about 5'5' maybe. It's just a guess I know I'm wrong
Old 08-13-2004, 12:08 PM   #470
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
"Did you know a cockroach can live seven days without its head?"
Is that really true???

Now, to make this post on topic. (<-- I don't think I've ever used this smilie before). Originally (a few months ago) I imagined Perky as a 30-something year old woman. Poor Perky!
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 03:09 PM   #471
InklingElf
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark
yes according to my friends i am the most evil good person around
And in truth you are.

elronds_daughter:I don't know if you saw my post in Best Avatars but I was rooting for Larry!
Old 08-13-2004, 04:50 PM   #472
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Silmaril

Quote:
Fea did you drop another bagel when you found out Perky was a guy?

Actually, I just kind of didn't think about it, and then I found out for a second time and wasn't holding food at that point. A rare occurance, but eh. I guess I can't always be holding bagels when I'm proven wrong.

Fea
Old 08-13-2004, 05:09 PM   #473
InklingElf
Shade of Carn Dûm

I have to admit, I was in some kind of a trivial debate with myself in deciding Perky's gender ( I'm so sorry!) -- it's rare to find guys with "perky" in their username -- but it's cool all the same.
Old 08-13-2004, 05:18 PM   #474
elronds_daughter
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninlaith
It's just a guess I know I'm wrong
Just a guess?! Wrong?!? You're the closest one yet! My eyes, however, are not green. Take another guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InklingElf
elronds_daughter:I don't know if you saw my post in Best Avatars but I was rooting for Larry!
Were you? Thanks. It's nice to know that somebody likes my avatar.
Old 08-13-2004, 08:26 PM   #475
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

Quote:
Hmm.... it seems that we have a lot of people thinking that The Perky Ent is a girl, and it's interesting to note that they're all girls...
Fortunately no one's made that mistake with me...I used to get plenty of "Estel, I thought you were a girl" in the BD Chat room !
Old 08-13-2004, 09:16 PM   #476
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

let it be known I always thought Perky was a guy(because I thought a female would use entwife) but I was way way off about his age....

Last edited by Morsul the Dark; 08-14-2004 at 12:07 AM.
Old 08-14-2004, 01:42 AM   #477
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil
Lhuna, you are Eowyn. I know this is completely inaccurate, but my imagination likes to toy with the saner side of my brain.
I am Eowyn. Just not physically, though.

Oh no...another manifestation of my ignorance. But this time, I thought Firefoot is a guy. Sorry!
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 01:42 PM   #478
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

Estel, it makes you think that people aren't quite as obsessive as they make out to be. When you consider that, when faced with your screenname, they immediately think of our name Estelle as opposed to one of Tolkien's major characters. On a Tolkien board. Gah.
Old 08-14-2004, 02:31 PM   #479
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
What an intriguing thread!

I do tend to associate users with their avvies... ie: Evisse is blue and glowing (that was her old avatar anyway), the Saucepan Man really does wear a pot on his head all the time, and Morsul is a giant floating letter "M"...

Actually, Morsul, you kinda destroyed my image of you! I thought of you as the kind of guy who sits in front of his computer or TV playing video games, clad in black t-shirts and listening to rock music, maybe Howard Stern... but I guess not! So let me try again. I still think you've got dark hair, I know for a fact you've got glasses because you said so on the "Geeks?" thread... relatively tall, and you won't hesitate to wear the same article of clothing for a week straight.

Sorry if it's blatantly wrong...

I thought the Perky Ent was a girl too! Maybe it's just because I don't think of guys as "Perky." Sorry Perky!
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 02:43 PM   #480
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

[QUOTE=Encaitare]
I thought of you as the kind of guy who sits in front of his computer or TV playing video games, clad in black t-shirts and listening to rock music, maybe Howard Stern... but I guess not! So let me try again. I still think you've got dark hair, I know for a fact you've got glasses because you said so on the "Geeks?" thread... relatively tall, and you won't hesitate to wear the same article of clothing for a week straight.
QUOTE]

I do sit in front of my computer and tv all day....looks down..well I changed yesterday for work but before that I had 8 days off where I didnt change so yeah... Sorry to be so blunt lol

I also like the idea of being a giant floating M

oh and upon finding that Inkling is actually a girl I would have to say as opposed to looking like Scott Bakula I think you could quite possibly look like...one of the prettier geniuses of our time Janeane Garofalo

Last edited by Morsul the Dark; 08-14-2004 at 05:01 PM.