The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2014, 06:11 PM   #41
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Rune isn't being very helpful, at least in the last one, but given the stage and time of the day (resp. night), and that he's sitting here next to me, I'm going to let it pass.

Well, for the time being, off. I hope I'll wake up early enough to appear before the DL. So far, there isn't so much to go with. Hope to see everyone.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 06:43 PM   #42
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Gah. I don't think I'll be around much longer andI doubt I'll be awake before DL. stupid sickness...

So I'm trying to decide if I want to vote early based on flimsy as Mordor "evidence" or abstain.
Old 01-04-2014, 06:58 PM   #43
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
For me the DL is 7am, and I really don't want to wake up that early tomorrow. But I don't want to stay up horribly late today either. I was hoping for a bit more activity. I want to echo Morsul's sentiment: there's nothing of enough significance to cast a vote.

If the silence continues for another ~3 hours, I guess I'll have to get up around 6 tomorrow to read and vote, and I be very cross with you silent lot.
Old 01-04-2014, 07:14 PM   #44
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post
Adult Friend Finder, was there ever a more devilish foe? I doubt it, for aren't we all here in an attempt to find friends and likeminded people?

Anyways, we are not many left here, the number of casualties are worrying. We will need to be swift and efficient.

So let me start of with the first raised eyebrow (it probably does not qualify as an acusation):

Clarification is nice, but not something we should deal with here, and it these sort of request that can easily be used as a smokescreen.
As I skimmed through posts I see that Rune's first post seemed to bring in a bit of discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil
A spambot might consider openly questioning the number of its kind, certainly. So might the innocent, though. At any rate, it's rather vexing to not know what we're facing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul
Rune already tossing up a slight suspicion on Legate, Can't say much about it since he didn't say "Legate is a bot" But setting someone up early for a lynch would be a pretty good strategy especially if done so subtly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by G55
Probably? Accusation? Raised eyebrow is enough; that whole (explanation) wasn't really necessary. Then, Probably? As in, allowing for a possibility that this can go as an accusation? Or that you don't know? And, if it goes as an accusation, it's the worst one I've seen in all my games. Already on defense without any attack? Hmm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G55
I am a wolf.
Thanks for the heads-up.

Quote:
Rune and Shasta only two so far raising any flags but both these are based on uber flimsy(even for me) logic of Rune trying to toss suspicion on legate and Shasta working with the idea of two spammies because it could lull innocents into a sense of security.
I'm not sure where your suspicion of Shasta is coming from.
Because Rune says "ooo Legate is suspicious (but not really suspicious) because I'm not throwing accusations around or anything, but rule clarification can be used as a smokescreen"
Then Shasta says "I think because of the narration there's probably two bots" which looked to me like an interpretation and not trying to lull anyone into any sense of security. Because if we manage to take down two bots and the game is still on, well we just play as we have always played until we find the third. Shasta's statement didn't seem nefarious or lully to me at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil
Highly doubtful a bot would say that, unless they wanted to give the seer a good target. G55 is up to something though, it seems.
I've seen it work before to the favor of the wolves. I don't feel like it's G55's way to blatantly declare such a thing, but doesn't mean it's not possible.
*glares at G55*

Quote:
Never stopped me from playing weird and confusingly, can I get an amen?
AMEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
I've missed you too, princess.
But is this something a Botanna would say to make me think she is the real Kit? Maybe we should lynch her just to be safe.
And our neverending battle of who finds who more suspicious begins anew. Ah, how I have missed this, old friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune
My guess is that people don't want to vote for an active person on day one, and under any circumstances it would be wise to look furter than Galadriel.
I don't find that to be strictly true. I've seen a lot of "so-and-so isn't here, I want him/her to have a chance before I vote for him/her."
As for G55 I see her very much throwing some randomness out there which could be A) her trying to confuse the village B) her starting conversation so we have trails to follow Day 2.

Quote:
So I'm trying to decide if I want to vote early based on flimsy as Mordor "evidence" or abstain.
If you abstain you are playing it very safe by not throwing out an opinion, but that sort of behavior is just as suspicious as voting on flimsy evidence.

DL falls at about 6 AM my time and unless my dog gets me out of bed at 5 I'll be sleeping through the DL. I have about 5 hours (6 maybe) and then I'll have to vote. And I get the feeling it will be a flimsy, illogical vote based on the discussion thus far because I hate the idea of abstaining from voting.

Last edited by Kitanna; 01-04-2014 at 07:44 PM.
Kitanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 07:22 PM   #45
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna View Post
I'm not sure where your suspicion of Shasta is coming from.
Because Rune says "ooo Legate is suspicious (but not really suspicious) because I'm not throwing accusations around or anything, but rule clarification can be used as a smokescreen"
Then Shasta says "I think because of the narration there's probably two bots" which looked to me like an interpretation and not trying to lull anyone into any sense of security. Because if we manage to take down two bots and the game is still on, well we just play as we have always played until we find the third. Shasta's statement didn't seem nefarious or lully to me at all.
This was to something I said not Rune, just so no one is confused.
Old 01-04-2014, 07:27 PM   #46
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sorry, everyone - I completely forgot that this was today! I'm here now, though.

I don't want to spend too long on G55, but since she has been one of the loudest, I may as well touch on her briefly. She seems like she's being purposefully distracting but doesn't seem dangerous - cobbler, maybe. I get the feeling she's after one of the seer's dreams, so I'd suggest not wasting any on her. That being said, playing the cobbler could be a decent strategy for a wolf, so we shouldn't write her off completely...but I wouldn't waste my energies barking up that particular tree.

Zil and Legate, on the other hand, strike me as their usual, squishy-brained selves. I haven't really gotten a read on anyone else thus far.

EDIT: xed twice
Old 01-04-2014, 07:28 PM   #47
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

OK goin to lay down.

++Rune

based on the barely there evidence I'ver mentioned before, and if nothing else this might stir the pot a bit.

Edit: Forgot highlght
Old 01-04-2014, 07:48 PM   #48
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
This was to something I said not Rune, just so no one is confused.
Indeed you did. I changed the quote, not sure how I messed that up.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:20 PM   #49
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
As of now, impressions are...

Inziladun - for someone who was so active, he made very few actual statements. But then the same could probably be said of myself. No opinion as of now, but at the moment I'm for keeping him alive.
Galadriel55 - my lovely self.
Sally - glad you made it despite the date confusion. Waiting for a few more posts with more substance before I form an opinion.
Legate - nothing there to raise my hackles. Don't find his posts alarming.
Rune - don't like some things he said, but then I never liked his playing style. Will wait till next morning RL.
Kitanna - makes some good observations, but seems to comment from afar, if you know what I mean. Doesn't seem to get in the heat of things. Which is... I don't even know... antagonizing? Not the word. Whatever. But not significant enough to be alarming. Just a surface-level impression.
Boromir88 - his only post isn't very telling.
Blind Guardian - yoo hoo! Where aaaaare you?
Loslote - her post is sound and I like her train of thought. Definitely keep her alive today.
Morsul the Dark - well away from my suspect list. Keep alive.
Shasta - too little to go on.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:25 PM   #50
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
I don't want to spend too long on G55, but since she has been one of the loudest, I may as well touch on her briefly. She seems like she's being purposefully distracting but doesn't seem dangerous - cobbler, maybe. I get the feeling she's after one of the seer's dreams, so I'd suggest not wasting any on her. That being said, playing the cobbler could be a decent strategy for a wolf, so we shouldn't write her off completely...but I wouldn't waste my energies barking up that particular tree.
If she's evil, even if only the Hacker, she's certainly playing with abandon. That rauses the question also of how the Hacker would show up to the Seer. If only as an innocent, that would really be a waste of a dream.

I'm going to have to vote in the next couple of hours. I don't as a rule abstain from voting, so I'm going to have to decide.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:30 PM   #51
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Oh, and Morsul is square in the middle of my 'innocent' list. I definitely don't think he'd have voted Rune the way he did were he a wolf - I'm sure he'd be at least a little more self-aware than that.

(And yes, I do know this is Morsul we're talking about. I haven't forgotten that un-self-aware is his playing style...but he usually does try to look better when he's evil.)
Old 01-04-2014, 08:30 PM   #52
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
There really isn't much to go on, is there? G55 is playing a bit more off-the-wall than she normally does - that's really the only thing that's stuck out to me, like, at all, and it really doesn't point at one thing in particular.

I don't have a vote yet. I'll be back in a bit.

Edit: X'ed with Lottie.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:43 PM   #53
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Oh, and Morsul is square in the middle of my 'innocent' list. I definitely don't think he'd have voted Rune the way he did were he a wolf - I'm sure he'd be at least a little more self-aware than that.
To me his vote looks pretty innocent and self-aware. He knew full well that his suspicion was so flimsy that it was hardly worth the vote. But then his suspicion wasn't completely unfounded, and he was wary of Rune from early on. As I said prior, Morsul is veeery far away from my suspicion list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
There really isn't much to go on, is there? G55 is playing a bit more off-the-wall than she normally does - that's really the only thing that's stuck out to me, like, at all, and it really doesn't point at one thing in particular.
That's what's frustrating me as well. I mean, I was rather hoping that I could generate a larger discussion. But it's just been so quiet all Day. Seems that things are picking up now, though. I'll stick around for another half an hour before bed, and will hopefully wake up early enough tomorrow to read everything properly.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:56 PM   #54
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:

(And yes, I do know this is Morsul we're talking about. I haven't forgotten that un-self-aware is his playing style...but he usually does try to look better when he's evil.)
His vote looks innocent enough, on the face of it. He also said he's ill, something to which I can relate, though I'm mostly over my issue. If he'd abstained he would have looked worse to me. I won't vote for him toDay anyway.
Old 01-04-2014, 09:12 PM   #55
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil
If she's evil, even if only the Hacker, she's certainly playing with abandon. That rauses the question also of how the Hacker would show up to the Seer. If only as an innocent, that would really be a waste of a dream.
10101010101010101010101010101010010100101010101010 1001

For a brief instant, the floating specks of electronic static take on the vague suggestion of a face. A voice, broken and faint, whispers,

"S.E.E.R. can detect bots only... not humans... not even Hackers..."

10101010101000010101000101010100101010101010101010 1010

Last edited by Nerwen; 01-05-2014 at 04:42 AM. Reason: typo.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 09:19 PM   #56
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
"S.E.E.R. can detect bots only... not humans... not even Hackers..."
Ah, I was thinking that might be the case. Thank you, ethereal Magic Voice.
Old 01-04-2014, 09:27 PM   #57
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
[I]"S.E.E.R. can detect bots only...
For a moment I read that as "S.E.E.R. can detect boots only", which made me picture the Seer peeking under the doors of bathroom stalls to see if someone's there and seeing those boots. Oh my. The things my mind does.
Old 01-04-2014, 09:58 PM   #58
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Right, my throat's getting scratchy as bedtime approaches, and prescription cough syrup awaits.

No one is really setting off any serious alarm bells, and I hate that I can't be around closer to DL.
I can narrow it down to two I'd vote for.

Boro is there because of the possible Hacker hint, and because I just haven't seen anything else from him.

Shasta is there because, well, mainly because he's Shasta.

Of the two, Boro is the more shady, though it's thin enough to read a newspaper through.

So it's

++Boro
Old 01-04-2014, 10:08 PM   #59
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
++Boro
How very dare you....

Feel better, dear. *hugs*

I'll be up for a couple of hours yet, I imagine, but alas, I don't know who to vote for at this stage. I've some things to work on, so I'll be back later. This game will feature some mighty early votes from me.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 12:15 AM   #60
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

There's no way I'm waking up before seven tomorrow morning, so, since she's the only player yet to post...

++BG

As good a reason as any I could come up with at this hour.
Old 01-05-2014, 12:33 AM   #61
Kitanna
Child of the West

Confound this infernal contraption! It erased my entire post before I could submit.

I'm reading through this thread, trying to find subtle hints and nefarious activities and I find myself coming up short.

The best I have right now is I find Morsul suspicious for no other reason than a gut feeling. His comment about Shasta trying to lull people into a false sense of security based on his narration interpretation. It raised my eyebrows and that is an argument about as strong as a wet noodle.

The only other person to even remotely register on my radar is G55 and I honestly don't think she'd open with "I'm a wolf" if she was a baddie. Seems more like a hacker or a crazed ordo trying to stir up talk.
Old 01-05-2014, 01:04 AM   #62
Kitanna
Child of the West

++Morsul

Like I said his posts are the only ones to raise my eyebrows and I need to go to bed so I can't wait around hoping for more discussion.
Old 01-05-2014, 01:32 AM   #63
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Blind Guardian is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Hello, everyone. I actually am here. I'm going to refrain from voting tonight because I can't remember all of the rules and what everyone does so I don't wanna hurt anyone at all.

Also, I have NO idea what time this ends (I think 4PM AZ time? Or 5AM?) If it's 7:31AM GMT and 12:32AM AZ w/o DST?

But yeah, I just wanted to check in and let you guys know I'm still here.
Tom was poet bot. Tom only sold soul for art. Tom suffered. Mith mithed Tom
Blind Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 01:33 AM   #64
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
People have been Day 1 jumpy toDay, misinterpreting posts and accusing others then agreeing to laugh some of it off as jokes. Such exchanges will require examination later, but for now, I have to put priority on who should remain active on this forum.

While I'm not sure it points to her guilt, I find it strange that BG suggested Nerwen remind other players about the start of the game, yet she hasn't shown up herself. It's 4.5 hours before the DL and she's not yet shown up, which I think means she likely won't be here at all. As much as I hate to risk lynching someone when they're not around, I do think she'd have made a point to pop in if she were "important" in the forum. If anything, at least we won't be losing anyone who has contributed thus far....

++BG

And with that, I'm gone for the night. BG, if you do show up and you're innocent, I do hope you manage to swing the ban hammer in a better direction, but at this point I'd prefer to just cut our losses and take out the possible blind threat (pun absolutely intended).

Good night, good night. Parting is such sweet sleep time.

EDIT: Oh, that's just bloody typical. Hello, BG. *waves* DL is noted above in my post. I need sleep now. G'night, folks!
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 01:35 AM   #65
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
People have been Day 1 jumpy toDay, misinterpreting posts and accusing others then agreeing to laugh some of it off as jokes. Such exchanges will require examination later, but for now, I have to put priority on who should remain active on this forum.

While I'm not sure it points to her guilt, I find it strange that BG suggested Nerwen remind other players about the start of the game, yet she hasn't shown up herself. It's 4.5 hours before the DL and she's not yet shown up, which I think means she likely won't be here at all. As much as I hate to risk lynching someone when they're not around, I do think she'd have made a point to pop in if she were "important" in the forum. If anything, at least we won't be losing anyone who has contributed thus far....

++BG

And with that, I'm gone for the night. BG, if you do show up and you're innocent, I do hope you manage to swing the ban hammer in a better direction, but at this point I'd prefer to just cut our losses and take out the possible blind threat (pun absolutely intended).

Good night, good night. Parting is such sweet sleep time.

EDIT: Oh, that's just bloody typical. Hello, BG. *waves* DL is noted above in my post. I need sleep now. G'night, folks!

Hey, right here dude. And that time thing was sincere. Thus why I'm late.

Edit: I took out the big red ++BG so it's easier for the admins. Also I managed to get the forum time to my time. Yay! Yeah, I'm not being much help, but deal with it. I'll have read through an old game by tomorrow, hopefully, and have figured this stuff out again. I haven't played for 2 years like some of you guys, and the last time I did I got my arse banned

Last edited by Blind Guardian; 01-05-2014 at 01:56 AM.
Old 01-05-2014, 02:29 AM   #66
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Hi again.

So from what little there is, I'm gonna go with either Rune or G55 being the Seer, Loslote and/or Boro and/or Satansaloser a Wolf, and either Shasta or Inzil and/or G55 being the Hacker/Cobbler.

So to even it out:

++Rune

Quote:
Adult Friend Finder, was there ever a more devilish foe? I doubt it, for aren't we all here in an attempt to find friends and likeminded people?
From Rune^

Wolf thinking he's being sneaky or a Hacker trying to find some friends? In the end it came between G55 and Rune, but this evens it out so I'm going with it. And a Wolf is worse than the Hacker right?

Good night folks,
-BG

Edit: Highlighting didn't work.
Old 01-05-2014, 04:25 AM   #67
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Rune isn't being very helpful, at least in the last one, but given the stage and time of the day (resp. night), and that he's sitting here next to me, I'm going to let it pass.
Maybe not very helpful, but better than staying quiet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottie
She seems like she's being purposefully distracting but doesn't seem dangerous - cobbler, maybe. I get the feeling she's after one of the seer's dreams, so I'd suggest not wasting any on her. That being said, playing the cobbler could be a decent strategy for a wolf, so we shouldn't write her off completely...but I wouldn't waste my energies barking up that particular tree.
I don't like what Lottie says about Galadriel, she is making a reasonable amount of sense, but I really don't like it when people try to give the seer advice... So yeah, I guess I am slightly suspicious of Lottie.

About voting:

I sort of want to vote Lottie, but I also want to stay alive. Voting for Morsul or BG, seems to be the best strategy, if I wish to be around after this upcomming deadline. I am however reluctant to vote BG, purely because I am a soft-hearted man, and think she deserves a bit more playing time.

So I will probably vote for Morsul very soon.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 04:41 AM   #68
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Ring öv

++Morsul

Soft hearted, self-preservation...

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 05:00 AM   #69
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Silmaril

1 hour to DL.

Tally:

Morsul —> Rune
Inziladun —> Boro
Loslote —> Blind Guardian
Kitanna —> Morsul
Sally —> Blind Guardian (2)
Blind Guardian —> Rune (2)
Rune —> Morsul (2)

Left to vote: G55, Legate, Boro, Shasta.

There is a 3-way tie between BG, Rune and Morsul. Under the tie-breaker rules (see admin thread) this means that, currently, BG’s is the virtual head in the electronic noose.

Old 01-05-2014, 05:04 AM   #70
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Not quite awake but reading.
Old 01-05-2014, 05:10 AM   #71
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Voting Boro would give me a bit of a chuckle, but I'm not that much of an anarchist at present. The responsible thing to do would be to vote and break the tie in favor of lynching the most suspicious of Rune, BG, and Morsul. Trouble is, they all look innocent. Except BG, but that's because she hasn't been here to look like much of anything. I'd really like to vote Sally, honestly - I can't remember ever seeing an innocent Sally go after the absent player (keep in mind it's late and I'm tired and haven't played in forever) but it's really a moot point in any case since is rather not split the vote any farther.

Very well. I'm uncomfortable voting for BG now that she's shown up (but I had better see some participation tomorrow!) and of Morsul and Rune, I've seen more from Moraul that was even remotely radar-pinging, so:

++Morsul
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 05:23 AM   #72
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Okay, so good to see some activity, even though neither for the subjects heading now for the lynch seem suspicious to me.

I agree BG's votes are probably deserved for the non-activity, and I disagree with her(his?) interpretation of Morsul, but there's nothing that would really speak to innocence or guilt.

Rune could be or could not be innocent, I can't say from his posts.

As for Morsul, I think he is being his typical self. Probably. I won't be voting him toDay, at least, until I see more of him, because he has the habit of getting lynched for just being himself.

Boro did not post virtually (ha, ha, ha!) anything. Like some others, I did not really get what did Zil find about it that seemed like hint, but whatever.

Zil himself is maybe a bit worrying, but not more than usually.

Kitanna - analyzing a lot, could be also setting somebody up (such as sally), but with this few posts I can't say for sure. Maybe G55 has also something in saying that she's a bit avoiding the heat.

About others I spoke also a bit before... practically nobody is very special in any case.

Hmm, and now as I am writing this, I see that Shasta has voted. I really don't think Morsul is the way to go. Now the question is whether I should make a blind shot and vote either BG or Rune. Personally, if speaking objectively and about "non-participation", maybe I would even have preferred Boro on the basis of "justice", but there isn't really anything concrete to go with.

Hmm. Rune generally seems to me more shady (feeling me that I should be more careful to pay attention to him, since he may be up to something), while BG is a more wild stab, but at the same point more "unknown" and I am afraid it would remain so even in the future (based on how little I remember about him/her from the past games). So maybe actually in terms of "clarifying", and given that neither of the picks is my favourite, BG might be better.

Going to check the thread and then vote..
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 01-05-2014, 05:26 AM   #73
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
++BG
Brilliant vote. Juuuuust brilliant. You may as well have abstained.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post

++BG

Another one? Sally, what kinda vote is that? That's an out-of game reason for one thing. Also, your metareasoning contradicts itself. If she were important would, IMO, include being a wolf. And isn't your real best bet going for someone you suspect, even if it's on a vibe feeling, and NOT someone you have no clue about? Sally, sally. You've just shot up to the upper levels of my suspect list.

Maybe I'm making a fly of an elephant (what's the English version of that?... Mountain out of a molehill?), but I'm very cross and this is a pretty sketchy vote to say the least. Sketchier than Lottie's too because it's a piggyback with a very bad reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Guardian View Post
So from what little there is, I'm gonna go with either Rune or G55 being the Seer, Loslote and/or Boro and/or Satansaloser a Wolf, and either Shasta or Inzil and/or G55 being the Hacker/Cobbler.
Excuse me, are you voting for someone you're considering a Gifted? And it's probably a better idea to keep your gifted thoughts to yourself. The wolves read everything you post same as the village.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post
Maybe not very helpful, but better than staying quiet.
Rune, you did say some things, but you were very uninteractive. It was like having a one-way conversation. It doesn't work. You made your comments but you didn't reply to others' comments on you. I share Legate's thought on this, cause it was annoying me a bit that when you showed up last time you barely interacted and disappeared. You are still doing that now, btw.

At the moment, though sally is my preferred vote choice,

++RUNE

because as I've said numerous times I don't find Morsul suspicious, and although I have no clue about BG I'm extremely cross at the two votes she's got and will definitely not get a third.

Edit: xed with Legate
Old 01-05-2014, 05:31 AM   #74
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Half an hour to DL.

Updated tally:

Morsul —> Rune
Inziladun —> Boro
Loslote —> Blind Guardian
Kitanna —> Morsul
Sally —> Blind Guardian (2)
Blind Guardian —> Rune (2)
Rune —> Morsul (2)
Shasta —> Morsul (3)
G55 —> Rune (3)

Left to vote: Legate, Boro.

There is now a tie between Morsul and Rune, with Morsul the current lynchee under the tie-breaker rule.

Old 01-05-2014, 05:33 AM   #75
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Interesting post from G55. Quite strong-opinioned, but seems pretty genuine, I quite like it. I agree with lot she says, including about the two votes for BG - I had similar feelings at first, although then again, on Day 1 I can understand people vote randomly. The thing is, it is quite unlikely the two doing them would be Wolves - that'd be just so random, and the only logical explanation for them doing so would be them being three and their mate being already threatened, which is still rather weird scenario, because there would be still so many other possible lynches... So certainly I would not see a concerted evil plan in it. But I agree I have seen better reasoning.

That still says nothing about that if I am to pick one out of the wannabe-lynchees, BG might be the best option ("best"), though Rune would go as well. I would just have preferred to see more from him still.

Okay, gotta think for a second, see if I crossposted with anyone or such, then vote...
Old 01-05-2014, 05:35 AM   #76
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Is Boro around at all? It would be also interesting to give all power to him and make it a three-way tie (then his vote would say something about him), but if he's not around, then it doesn't make any sense...

Truth be told, I really find it more likely Rune being a Wolf than Morsul.
Old 01-05-2014, 05:36 AM   #77
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
I agree BG's votes are probably deserved for the non-activity, ...
Deserved, yes, but what about the flip side of the coin? Am I the only one who finds those votes extremely wrong in that they defy the point of voting on D1 even without any clear suspicions? (That's a question for everyone, not specifically Legate; he was just the last to post about it). Lottie's is a copout and the closest thing to not voting, and that after all the talk prior about voting even if your suspicion is ridiculous. Sally gives a reason for her vote, but it's a bad reason (even D1 speaking) and a suspicious vote. I have no idea about BG's guilt or innocence, but just looking at the votes she's received makes my warning lights beep. Am I the only one who sees these votes this way?

Edit: xed since my last
Old 01-05-2014, 05:42 AM   #78
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Is Boro around at all? It would be also interesting to give all power to him and make it a three-way tie (then his vote would say something about him), but if he's not around, then it doesn't make any sense...
I wouldn't take the chance; it's veeery early morning here. It's odd for Boro to not show up beyond a joke post, but I can understand RL and the DL buddying up on him.
Old 01-05-2014, 05:47 AM   #79
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Okay, okay. I feel really bad because a) I haven't played with Rune for a long time, b) I really don't think he is that suspicious that he would deserve a vote (but nobody is), c) Rune is still here at Finlandmoot for one day, so I just hope I get off with it without having arms broken as repayment... Then again, hopefully this game will be short so we can interact soon in some other game, and even more hopefully he is just a Bot.

++Rune

Let's hope for the best.
Old 01-05-2014, 05:48 AM   #80
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
I agree with lot she says, including about the two votes for BG - I had similar feelings at first, although then again, on Day 1 I can understand people vote randomly. The thing is, it is quite unlikely the two doing them would be Wolves - that'd be just so random, and the only logical explanation for them doing so would be them being three and their mate being already threatened, which is still rather weird scenario, because there would be still so many other possible lynches... So certainly I would not see a concerted evil plan in it. But I agree I have seen better reasoning.
I don't see a concentrated wolf plan in that either. As you say, if both are wolves, they could have piggybacked on a different subject. But then all these scenarios come into my head where either one or both are wolves, and I decided it's too early both in the game and in the morning to assuradly accuse anyone of wolvery. Suspicious - definitely, but I'll wait with the wolf theories.

Edit: xed with Legate