Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2002, 05:07 AM   #1
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Elenna has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Elenna
Silmaril Rivendell RPG

Celebdae galloped on the green meadows surrounding the woods of Imladris. His rider crouched low on his back, chestnut hair streaming out behind as the horse raced onward.
"Noro lim, Celebdae! Noro lim! We must get back to Elrond quickly. The yrch are marching and we must be ready!" Elenna Starsong gripped her horse's black mane, urging the stallion onward. She had been riding hard for 2 days, scouting. A massive force of orcs was moving towards Rivendell, led by a band of Uruk-Hai. If Elenna didn't arrive back within the day, there wouldn't be enough time to muster an army big enough to repel the creatures of Mordor.
Old 05-03-2002, 06:02 AM   #2
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Cimmerian has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Cimmerian
Sting

I, Azruk, greatest of the Fighting Black Uruk-Hai sit on my high horse marshalling my troops. I command an army blessed by Sauron himself. My half-brother Ugluk, has shamed our kind by allying with the damned Istari. He will die if our paths cross.

Orcs make the bulk of my militia, of all sizes, kinds and skill. They will be the frontline in attack, the first ones to fall as they stem the flow of the Elvin archers. They will be supported by the troops of wild men and of men under the power of the mighty Sauron.
My faithful pack of Wargs will run interference. And making up the core of this assault force are my Fighting Black Uruk-Hai.

We have reached the borders of the Ford at Rivendell. We await till darkness, for it will aid us in our sorties. There will be elf corpses a plenty to stain the white waters come this night.

Hail Sauron!
Old 05-03-2002, 01:54 PM   #3
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Sting

I pace in front of the door out to my balcony. My mind has never been in such turmoil. More news has arrived from the Eagles, who have arrived to join our army. Mordor's force is larger than I thought. Not only are there Orcs and Uruk-hai, but also Wargs, goblin-men and wild men. Our army of Elven archers will no longer be enough. We need warriors that can fight hand to hand or from horseback. Celebdae is a trained warhorse, and there are several more in Rivendell's stables, but they are too few and we don't have those with the skill to guide them correctly.
Most of my people are archers. I am different in that I am primarily a sword and dagger fighter. That is why Lord Elrond chose me to lead this army. Glorfindel will be at my side, as he always is. His Asfaloth is brother to Celebdae. A band of Eagles will be over our heads and a large army of archers at our backs.
Another problem - the leader of the army of Mordor is Azruk. He is the greatest and most evil of all the Uruk-hai. He is a brilliant tactician and knows much of the Elves, probably through those warriors he has caught and tortures. I predict he will use his orcs to bait our archers as the rest of his army moves in and kills them.
However, I am an experienced elf-warrior, for all that I am a maiden and only 1789 years old. I will find some way to defeat Azruk. Rivendell will be saved as long as I have breath in my body.

[ May 10, 2002: Message edited by: Elenna ]
Old 05-03-2002, 02:13 PM   #4
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

Amanaduial sights along her arrow to the rabbit nibbling at the grass. This is master Elronds land and he is not my enemy, but neither are he and his children my masters. And surely all Manwe's creatures are free.She pulls back the arrow a bit more-

A horse thunders past, and the terrified rabbit shoots away. Amanaduial lowers her bow irratably as the horse and its rider speed past. Her temper sparking up she yells to the rider.
"aaye!"
The rider rears up and spins around, her own bow at the ready. Amanaduial stares back at her steadily until the rider lowers her bow."What is your buisness here stranger?"unnerved by Amanaduials stare the rider says this a bit louder than intended.
Amanaduial jumps out of the tree landing silently. she walks up to the rider slowly, still stern.
"Elenna Starsong"she says with a perfectly straight face"you have just scared away my dinner. Then you tell me Im a stranger when I often visited those of your house. Remember; Amanaduial, ward of the dark elves?" Elennas face cracks into a smile."Amanaduial!"She dismounts to greet her friend, questioning her as to whether she had a steed, to which Aman asks where she is going.
"Ai, Aman, always answering a question with a question!Well, to Rivendell; the orcs are preparing to launch an assault.Now, do you have a steed?"
"I think I can get there before you anyway."
"Oh?Aman, I have no time for games!"
Amanaduail smiles disarmingly."Go on, hurry!"
As the puzzled Elenna speeds away Amanaduial cries a spellword of summoning. Within seconds a horse appears, though its armour is dark and spiked. Orcish Armour.
Stripping off the unnessessary armour Amanaduial mounts the horse and speeds into the forest to take a shortcut to Elronds house. Somewhere an orc will be wondering where his steed has gone...ah the spells of summoning, always her favourites! She laughs carelessly as the horse gallops on.

[ May 03, 2002: Message edited by: Amanaduial the archer ]
Old 05-03-2002, 02:46 PM   #5
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: I don't know... will there be a quiz on this later?
ArwenBaggins has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to ArwenBaggins Send a message via Yahoo to ArwenBaggins
Eye

just then, a young Elven maiden shoots by.
"Suilad! Cilmesse Fëaelenawen. I am from Mirkwood, although my sister is Arwen! I have come to fight in the army against the Uruk-Hai and their army. Is this the right way?" I say as a ride my horse, Condelia, up to Aman and Elenna.
"Tancave. Do u use a bow or a dagger?" Aman asked.
"I am skilled in both, though I use a bow better. I can also aim and shoot while riding horseback." I answered.
"Follow us..."

[ May 04, 2002: Message edited by: ArwenBaggins ]
Old 05-03-2002, 03:45 PM   #6
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Silmaril

Elenna breathed a sigh of relief as she sped away on Celebdae. Now that Aman was here, her confidence was somewhat restored. She was one of the strongest elf-sorceresses in the world and would be a very valuable addition to the army, despite the fact that she recognized no one's authority but that of the Valar.
In the distance, she heard a loud trumpeting neigh. Drawing Lalaith, she waited. Azruk rides a great black horse with red eyes, much like a Nazgul. She had no desire to be ambushed. Out of the trees came a large white stallion, it's nostrils flaring. It was Asfaloth, and on it's back rode Glorfindel.
"What news, my love?" he asked.
"Yrch are camped all along the Bruinen. The battle will begin tomorrow. We need to prepare."
And with that, they galloped off back to Rivendell to begin organizing the defense.
Old 05-03-2002, 04:29 PM   #7
Celebmundoiel
Animated Skeleton

Celebmundoiel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

In Rivendell Celebmundoiel stood on a balcony that over looked the beauty of the waterfalls and trees that glimmered in the light. She sighed as she leaned over the railing to peer at what was under her. Celebmundoiel had journeyed to Rivendell to visit her uncle, her uncle was Elrond Lord of Rivendell. You see Celebmundoiel was Galadriels granddaughter from Lothlorien. Celebmundoiel was hoping she would get to see her cousin Arwen, but she was not sure if Arwen was in Rivendell at the current time. Celebmundoiel felt a bit worried but she did not know why. Something was troubling her, and it felt big.

Celebmundoiel sat down on a bench as she played with her “dagger of the sun” with her fingers. Celebmundoiel finally spoke, “ I know something’s going to happen but what. Oh whoa is me, I wish my grandmother was here to guide me” she said in a soft tone to her self as a single tear began to merge from her eye. She wiped her eye trying not to show despair, and with that she stood, brushed her golden hair back and placed her dagger back in its pouch that lay around her waist.

Celebmundoiel walked off of the porch and out of the room. She began to search for Elrond, hoping that he would give her some wise advice.
Roaming in the night through the shadows. You cannot hear me, you cannot see me. I am as agile as a cat. As I run I am low to the ground. I climb trees in a second and run on the branches as if they were the earth’s surface. My appearance is deceitful, I can take life as well as spare. I am Celebmundoiel.
Old 05-04-2002, 12:26 AM   #8
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

To the west, the dying sun spills its last life’s blood over the tall proud walls of the Elven Citadel.
To the east lies the path the fellowship has taken.

Azruk, now sits with his Uruks and feasts, there is much less ale guzzling than the previous day. They are feasting on freshly killed horsemeat, the carriers of the elven scouts that the Uruk-archers had slain.
His second in command, Narcis, an archer unparalleled in all of Mordor and responsible for many an ambush on Elf parties, recounted the hunt in evil glee.
The marauders were in high spirits indeed.

The time of carnage was nearing, warg scouts and crebain had reported that the defences at the Elven Citadel was frugal and almost all were in panic and confusion.
The Orcs howled and danced, painting each other with mud and the blood of their victims.

Azalel, the great black stallion reared up and snorted aloud, his demon blood raging to ride into war. His blood red eyes, deathlike and cold, gleamed at his master in anticipation.

Most of the orc army would be on foot; their large masses would run screaming and hurl their collective mass at the strongholds of the elves, forming a cushion for the elf arrows that would rain down. So that the melee warriors could rush in and raise hell, with wargs and crebain to cause nuisance.

Paving the way for the Uruks to move in for the final kill.

Elrond will fall, come the next life of the sun.
Old 05-04-2002, 04:49 AM   #9
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Amanaduial sat on one of the turrets on Rivendells roof. For a while she conversed with an eagle, flown far to get here.

"The orcs are marching. They are not many miles away and their leader is Azruk."
"Azruk! What are his main weapons?"
"My lady, we could not get very close, as some of my main spies have already been slain, but we know at least that...they are using the uruk-hai."
Amanaduial massages her temples and tries not to lose her temper.She takes one feather from the eagles back and, watching him retreat, she begins her spell. Nothing will be kept secret from her.

"Bela ed' templa....Atost en' entula orme....the spells spark up and Amanaduial finds herself in a tent in the camp. An orc comes in and seems about to shout before Aman raises both her hands

"nai turamin!"The charmed orc stands stunned as Amanaduial melts into him. Now she can easily walk the orcish camp in the form of one of Azruks advisors himself...
Old 05-04-2002, 07:31 AM   #10
Celebmundoiel
Animated Skeleton

Eye

Celebmundoiel was still trying to find Elrond when she saw in the corner of her that an elf maiden on the rooftop had disappeared in to thin air. Celebmundoiel looked strangely at the seating place of the elf in wonder. Celebmundoiel was awfully annoyed that she could not find Elrond and that no one would help her. Celebmundoiel stood in her spot and peered around, “There’s no one in sight, where is everybody” she said in a puzzled tone.

Celebmundoiel decided she was going to find out what was wrong her self. She grabbed her bow and arrows that lay on her bed in the room Elrond had given her to stay in. She traveled to the front of Rivendell and walked out. She couldn’t find Elrond to answer her question so she would just have to answer it herself.
Roaming in the night through the shadows. You cannot hear me, you cannot see me. I am as agile as a cat. As I run I am low to the ground. I climb trees in a second and run on the branches as if they were the earth’s surface. My appearance is deceitful, I can take life as well as spare. I am Celebmundoiel.
Old 05-04-2002, 08:51 AM   #11
Nevtalathiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Nevtalathiel has just left Hobbiton.
White-Hand

As darkness fell, a great force walked in the twilight through the uruk camp. She had no name, but the orcs called her Thrakatburz, bringer of darkness. All but the strongest feared her for though she was slim, she had a great hidden strength and could over power even the greatest warrior at need. She seldom entered battles, knowing that her strength was in her mind, her tactics, ambushes and surprise attacks. disobeying her orders was often the last thing an orc did.

[ May 04, 2002: Message edited by: Nevtalathiel ]
Old 05-04-2002, 08:51 AM   #12
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Sting

Elenna sat sharpening Lalaith next to Celebdae's stall.
"Today is the day," she said to her horse. "Menelwen and Nolvennion have been killed, their horses eaten. Now we must ride out and stop these yrch before any of our other people die. ANd if they take Elrond, the Ring of Water will be captured. THe Dark Lord must never get it."
Standing, she sheathed her sword and dashed back into the house, looking for Aman, but the red-haired archer was no where to be found. Instead, she came face to face with a very tall elf maiden carrying a bow.
"Who are you, and why do you go armed in Elrond's house?" Elenna's voice was hard and sharp. THere was no space for doubt in these times.
"I am Celebmundoiel, and I might ask you the very same question! I am the granddaughter of Galadriel, and I need to speak to Elrond. Do not stand in my way"
"Well, Celebmundoiel, it would be wise not to threaten me. Your name means nothing here, unless you mean to help me. I command all of Elrond's forces. If you have a question, you may ask me."
Old 05-04-2002, 11:29 AM   #13
Manelwen
Haunting Spirit

Manelwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The Large elf grumbled, he had been sitting in his workshop most of the night, trying to figure out how to make a more lethal arrow than the one the elves were already using. A simple razor arrowhead, nothing more. Their armor was probably going to be thick and that meant more arrows would be expended when the army came. He twirled his latest invention in his hands, linna-gûr, and mumbled under his breath.

"Keldin, have you found something we could use?" Elenna asked, impatience tainted her voice and glittered like the embers of a dying flame in her eyes.

"No." He said softly "I have not found it, but patience my dear. Patience. It will come."

"We don't have time for patience! It must be done quickly, the army is coming." The elfin maiden snapped, immediatly regreting hastling the massive elf. "The army will not wait for you to come up with a solution." She said calmly.

He turned his tired gaze to her, his unnervingly calm steel grey eyes held hers "My dear, the idea will come to me soon and then I can get your arrows to you, but bothering me will just hinder the progress."

Elenna sighed "Fine." She tapped the door with her knuckle before leaving.

Turning back to his desk, he glanced at the glass cup that sat with water in it. His eyes went wide as he picked up the glass. "Brilliant." he muttered, smiling to himself. "This idea will be my best yet."
Old 05-04-2002, 02:15 PM   #14
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eye

Fëaelenawen runs in behind Celebmundoiel and Elenna.

"Celebmundoiel! I have been looking for you! My father has been captured!!!!"
My father is Elrond, the holder of the Ring of Water.

"My couisin! I have not seen you in 50 years!" Celeb shouted.

"We do not have time for a reunion! Lord Elrond has been taken prisoner! We must save him! Fëa, do you know who he was taken by? Orcs,Men, who?" Elenna said sternly.

"I do not know. We were out gathering elves for the army when my horse needed water. I walked Condelia to the creek and when I came back, he was gone.."
"How do you know he wasn't looking around?" Her cousin said.
"If you would of let me finish I would of told you. I say that all of his bows were scatered on the ground and some were broken in half. Bits of bloody clothes were on the ground. It also appeared that there had been a struggle in that area. We need to find him!"
Elenna replied,"Don't worry,Fëa,we will find him. We can't let the Enemy have that ring."
Old 05-04-2002, 08:11 PM   #15
Celebmundoiel
Animated Skeleton

Eye

"Fëaelenawen, I missed you dearly. I can not belive poor Elrond was captured. We must do all we can to get him back." She said trying to hide the tears that began to fill her eyes. These were not only tears of sadness but also tears of rage. " We must go and kill whom ever stands between us and getting the ring." Celebmundoiel looked at Elenna, some what annoyed from the last time they had talked. But the dissaperence of Elrond and the ring were much more important. "Tell me Elenna" said Celebmundoiel some what snobby, " how shall we go about getting Elrond and the ring back?"...
Old 05-04-2002, 08:28 PM   #16
Manelwen
Haunting Spirit

Silmaril

Keldin muttered out loud as his fingers moved deftly over the shaft of the newest design of arrow. He twirled it in his hands and as he did, his muttering turned louder "Mallome, I don't know if this will work...but it is worth a try, right?" he asked. It would need a special bow and a very strong archer to pull the weight recquired to fire the arrow at a sound speed and distance, but with the on-coming army of orcs right at Rivendell's doorstep and the lord of Imladris captured, time was of the essence. Even he was trying to hurry about his tasks.

The wood of the arrow was Mallorn. It was light and flexible, and would hold the weight fine. The arrowhead was made of three parts; one, the base that the shaft was held to. It was made of steel and three claws that held the second part to the arrow; the glass component. This was rather weighty and threw the balance of the arrow of some, but he could fix that later with a glass nock and a steel band around the feather. The steel tip was like a barb but it still wouldn't do enough damage until it hit something hard; like armor. As the arrow hit its mark, the glass would shatter, causing more damage to the foe; when pulled out, the three prongs that held the glass to the arrow tip would snap in, creating a worse wound. When it was pulled out, if pulled out correctly, the arrow would take on a second transformation: Linna-gur.

He touched the feather, and then pulled them out. Renotching the end of the arrow with his small carving knife, he cut a spiral for the feather to be fit in. "A flu-flu* would be good, it would cause more trouble for our foe, right Mallome?" He smiled as he glued the feathers back in place, then he carefully fit the steel rings on the end and last but not least, the glass nock. It was made of Elfin glass that wouldn't break as easily and shone like a star in the night, so they could find their arrows again. "Come, we must test it." He grabbed his bow and the Dozen arrows that he had made in the span of a day, setting them in his specially made quiver, he set out.

OOC. A flu-flu is a term for the end of an arrow where the feather is. It is called that when the feather is slightly curved on the shaft. It causes the arrow to spin. The design for this arrow is from a story that I created...I hope it isn't too confusing.

[ May 04, 2002: Message edited by: Manelwen ]
Old 05-05-2002, 09:01 AM   #17
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Sting

Elenna sat on the great chair of Lord Elrond in the council chamber. Usually it wouldn't be her place to sit here, but this was an emergency.
"All right, everyone. We have an emergency. We need to find some way to rescue Elrond before he is broken by torture. He is a great lord, but Azruk is cruel. We cannot lose that ring! Keldin, what have you come up with?"
"I have a new arrow that can pierce even the thickest Uruk-hai armor. It isn't perfect yet, though"
"Well, I don't care how long it takes. Stay up all night if you have to. Just finish it. Aman can make as many as you need, once you have a prototype. Tomorrow, we will start the war. The Bruinen is a stupid place to fight, but it's the best we can do. Our archers will have to shoot from the trees, and the rest of us will be doing a lot of fighting in the river. And now that Elrond is captured, we cannot start the flood. Archers, Azruk will be using his orc warriors to bait you while the wargs come and kill everyone. Don't waste your arrows, and split into crews; one will go for orcs, another for Wargs, and so on. Us ground-pounding fighters can go for whatever we want. The Bruinen will be stained with Yrch blood tomorrow! And leave Azruk to me. We have an old score to settle."
Elenna stopped, trying to stop a single tear from running down her cheek at the memory. Her younger sister, Lalaith, had been cruelly tortured by Azruk when he found her playing in the woods. Elenna had sworn to kill him with the very sword she named for her sister.
Old 05-05-2002, 10:25 AM   #18
Manelwen
Haunting Spirit

Silmaril

He growled, it was a low rumbling noise that alarmed and made the elves beside him side away. They dared to rush him? He was doing the best he could and on such short notice. They would be flimsy if he hurried. But the Yrch wouldn't wait for him, she had a point. His bow and full quiver were strapped to his back and he made his way through the elves, to the front of the group where Ellena stood. "I have them. I just need the archers to come and get them. They will get thirty-six each, and there is enough to supply 40 archers. Choose your strongest and fastest because they are heavy." His voice sounded low and gruff, but immediatly caught the commander's attention as she openly argued with the Golden haired warrior, one of Keldin's own friends, Glorfindel.

"You have them ready?" Glorfindel smiled and patted Keldin on the shoulder, "It would be a great surprise if we could have them for the fight."

Keldin nodded slowly, crossing his massive arms across his chest, looking down his nose at the tough warrior she-elf. "The can be used twice. The first form is the shatterstar. It will pierce the armor and creat a terrible wound, the next form will deafen and make many of the warg and wolf-riders panic, causing pandemonium amongst their rows." He took a deep breath and continued, "That will buy you enough time to get to through the Yrch army, but remember that you only have a few so reuse them as much as you can. When you pull them out, be careful. Twist and pull."

She smiled and looked up at him "Good, thank you Keldin." Elenna clasped his arm and then quickly walked to the door, "I'll have forty of my strongest at your shop." She disapeered around the corner, four of her generals following after her.

He sighed, and watched the young warriors file out, leaving him to his thoughts. "I know Mellome, she reminds me so much of you." Keldin grumbled as he left through the back door that he came in from.
Old 05-05-2002, 10:41 AM   #19
Celebmundoiel
Animated Skeleton

Eye

Celebmundoiel was not a very patient elf. She was not going to just sit down and wait for an army of archers to go and get Elrond. “ I can not wait. There is no telling what they are doing to poor Elrond at this time.” She said quietly to herself. “I must go. I will go” she thought.

She ran down the stairs to wards the entrance. “I am sorry Elenna and Fëaelenawen, but I have a feeling we will meet again.” She said heartbroken. She then turned away from Rivendell and disappeared into the darkness of the trees, hoping that her disappearance would go un-noticed.
Old 05-05-2002, 10:57 AM   #20
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Amanaduial walked through the camp alone, her orcish disguise easily covering her. She hoped she was acting appropriatly though, as strangely enough she never specialised in!

As she walked she sensed a change in the atmosphere of the camp. A crowd of orcs and their followers tussled for attention on one object. Amanaduial found herself rather ironically wishing she had chosen a taller orc to enter. Suddenly the crowd broke into laughter and Amanaduial whispered a few words of a spell to get through the crowd. There she saw a sight which chilled her.

There, within a net, his face bloody and elegant robes torn, was Elrond Half-Elven.
"No..."She whispered
It was impossible to do anything now, but no one had the right to treat any decent creature of the valar like this. They would pay.

The sorceress left her victim and killed him as she left the orcish camp, having no more need of a disguise. Sprinting away from through the forest she reasoned that a quickerway to get to the camp was to morph, to change her outer appearance properly. As she got ready to change a figure leapt out of the trees onto her, grabbing er from behind and putting a knife to her throat.
"I think, my dear Celebmundoiel, that neither Elenna, nor Elrond, nor any of the other elves would relish you killing a their most powerful sorceress."Came the droll voice of Amanaduial, startling Celebmundoiel.
"What are you doing here?!"both charged the other at the same time.
"IM going to the camp to get back Elrond, witch.I will not sit around waiting like the others!"As she turnd to go Aman caught her arm and spun her around, at which Celeb hissed in her face."I do not trust you, witch.You and your magics are as decietful as, I suspect, your true nature, fawning up to Elenna, magicing yourself off the roof!Why, that is BLACK magic!"
In a flash Amanaduials dirk was out and she hissed back at Celeb angrily. "I have no quarrel with you. Fine go to the camp!See what i care!"
With that she turned and seconds later and eagle flew towards Rivendell.
Old 05-05-2002, 11:30 AM   #21
Nevtalathiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Nevtalathiel has just left Hobbiton.
White-Hand

The orcs cleared away from Elrond as soon as Thrakatburz appeared and only the guards were left. They looked down at their feet, aware that if she was angry, Thrakatburz could have them put to death straight away. Fortunately, she was too focused on her task and her victim to punish the guards, she could have much more fun with Elrond. "So, you thought you'd hide the ring, did you?" She asked Elrond, crouching down beside him on the ground. "Don't worry, you'll soon tell us where it is, there are so many things we can do." Elrond's face remained set. "Fine, we'll do this the hard way, I'm so glad you've chosen it, it's so much more fun!" Thrakatburz laughed and the guards shivered. She stood up and kicked Elrond viciously before ordering the guards to carry him into her tent. She would know where the ring was before the next morning and Sauron would reward her greatly.
Old 05-05-2002, 12:27 PM   #22
Manelwen
Haunting Spirit

Silmaril

As he worked, the archers watched in interest, seeing him set thirty-six arrows in a quiver and hand it over to the nearest warrior. His sharp eyes looking them up and down as he set the precious arrows into their arms. "Be careful with them, use them sparingly and try to reuse them." He called out in a booming voice that echoed and reverberated off the walls of his shop.

His hands suddenly still over the quiver, they went up to touch his scar. It seared and made him wince, gritting his teeth as the pain ricochet down the left side of his body. "By the goddess." He brought his hand to cover the scar.

The nearest warrior gasped as Keldin fell to his knees, the pain soaring swiftly like Mandos' eagles fly in the skies. "Lord Keldin, are you alright?" He cried, leaning over to touch the shaking Elf.

"I-I do not know, son. But hurry and count those out." Keldin whispered, finding it hard for him to breath, like someone had stuck a knife in his back. "Thirty-six each." He pulled back his hand that covered the old knotted scar and gasped. His fingers were coated with thick red blood. It ran down his face and onto his tunic, like it had those so many years ago when he first recieved the wound. Could it be? Could she really be near? I thought I killed her. , he thought, panic tearing through the years of delicately laid walls of self-discipline. "Oh god no." He groaned, slumping to the floor, as he was pulled into the cold black void of unconsciousness.
Old 05-05-2002, 12:52 PM   #23
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Sting

Elenna sat on a bench next to her bed. Keldin was lying there, unconscious still. His face had been bandaged and the bleeding had stopped, but her mind was still troubled. What could have brought this on? She had known Keldin for a while, and he had always had such a scar. It was no recent wound that had not fully healed. he began to toss and turn, mumbling the word "Thrakatburz" over and over. Elenna knew not what this meant but she had a strange premonition that she would find out much sooner than she would wish. She bathed Keldin's brow with a cool cloth, whispering softly to him.
She heard a slight rustling noise behind her. Whirling around, she saw that it was Glorfindel.
"How is Keldin, El?" he asked, using his special term of endearment for her.
"He will live. He's tougher than that, just to die from a little blood." Elenna laughed a little "and if he knew that you would worry, you would never live it down. Go back to the army - get them ready."
"I bring news. Celebmundoiel and Aman are both missing. Aman I think is scouting, but I don't know about the other one."
"Don't they understand that this is not the time to play heroes? If we lose even one warrior, our chances of success are greatly reduced. I only hope that they get back here soon and unharmed. Elrond has no hope if only one at a time goes to rescue him. Our strength is in our unity!"
"All right, all right! Don't shout at me anymore, my lady Commander!" Glorfindel kissed her on the cheek and left, leaving Elenna with more to worry about than the old fletcher sleeping in front of her.
Old 05-05-2002, 01:55 PM   #24
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

"Glorifindel, my cousin, Celebmundoiel, went to rescue Elrond. I tried to tell her that it was to dangerous, but she said it was her destiny."

"I know, Celebmundoiel does not like being a princess. She has to be out on an adventure," Glorifindel said sadly. "but I believe that suites her better. She can't sit in a palace all day like you..."

"I don't like sitting in my room all day. In fact, I rarely do. I like riding horses, searching land, things like that. I am no mere princess,"I said."I have to go look for her. I need an adventure."

"I already said Fëa, we can't loose any more warriors. I have an idea, Your horse Condelia knows who Celeb is right?" Elenna said.

"Yes."

"we can have her carry a note to Celeb. Is that O.K?"

"O.K."

Fëaelenawen walks out to Condelia. She fastens a note to her mane. "Find Celebmundoiel. Give her this note. We're all counting on you."

Then Condelia rides away in search of Celebmundoiel.
Old 05-05-2002, 02:25 PM   #25
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Sting

"Dont they know this is not the time to play hero?!"
"Amanaduial playing the hero? Oh my friends, surely not!"

Glorfindel and Elenna turned, surprised, to see Aman leaning against the door as so casually that it made Elenna smile, remembering the days when she had run even the solomn dark elves whos ward she was ragged. Glorfindel greeted her, not having done so earlier.
"Amanaduial, my friend, glad you are here again, I-"his rich golden voice stopped mid sentence as he stared at Aman."Is something wrong?"
Amanaduial was staring at Keldin. The look was as if she was being forced to remember something, something she had tried to hide. As she thought so many times, sometimes there was so much more than just the not even one elven year between them. For the first time, Elenna thought she looked scared.
"What...what is wrong with him?"
"Just a flesh wound, something old-"
"Where?"Her sharp voice cut through.
"To his-"
"Throat..."The last word was whispered. Aman crouched beside Keldin and with her hand on the wound she concentrated for a few moments.
"By the Valar...she has returned! I never thought i would see her again...the prophecy..."Amanaduial was now shaking, her voice faraway, more speaking to herself than to the other two elves. Suddenly she shook her head and faced them, as if only just aware of them. She held her head as if something was trying to escape.

"Thrakatburz!" She fell to the ground in front of the two bewildered elves.
Old 05-05-2002, 02:39 PM   #26
Celebmundoiel
Animated Skeleton

Eye

Celebmundoiel now closing in on the location of Elrond quickly jumps over logs and quietly moves over dead leaves. She is careful not to make a sound. She looks around, she sees and hears nothing. 30 minutes went by and Celebmundoiel now hears something close behind her. “Oh my, I hope that is no orc” she says quickly pulling out her bow and arrow ready to shoot the beast behind her. She crouches behind a tree and the noise gets closer and closer. Celebmundoiel leaps out from behind the tree and sees Condelia but at the same time firing the arrow. The arrow just misses Condelia for at the last moment before Celebmundoiel shot she pulled up knowing it was no orc but an animal. Celebmundoiel ran over to Condelia, “Condelia, what are you doing here. I almost killed you my friend.” “ what is this on your mane” Celebmundoiel reached for the letter that Fëaelenawen had attached. It read:

Dear Celebmundoiel

Please return, there is no point in going if you have not any one to help you. We all want to save Elrond and claim back the ring, myself especially for I fear for my father’s life. Elenna claims that Elrond has no hope if only one at a time goes to rescue him. Our strength is in our unity. You cannot simply walk into an army of orcs and expect to live. Please come back.

Fëaelenawen

Celebmundoiel collapsed to the ground in front of Condelia. “She’s right, there will be no hope if we do not work as a one” she said as tears rolled down her cheeks and onto the note, slightly washing away the ink. Celebmundoiel had an ashamed feeling quickly take over inside her. “ Come Condelia, we are going back” said Celebmundoiel, jumping up onto the horses back. “ Go now Condelia. Let us ride back to Rivendell and hope the others will forgive my stubbornness” and with that the horse began to gallop back in the direction of Rivendell…
Old 05-05-2002, 03:55 PM   #27
Rosa_Baggins
Wight

Rosa_Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Rosa walks though the dense woodland with a heavy pack of her back full of food an other tings she needs on her jouney.
"why did i decide to do this?"
She thought out loud
"must i always be the unlucky one?"
Her clothes where all ripped nd torn at th edges and seems and a small cut could be seen on her white pale face.
Her face was unusually white for rosa had not been feeling well at all by this time.
Old 05-05-2002, 04:14 PM   #28
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Sting

Elenna could hear someone crying quietly as she galloped through the woods, looking for Celebmundoiel. She turned her head and saw what looked like a child, small and pale, with a cut on her cheek.
"Excuse me? Are you all right? I am a friend, and you are in great danger. There is a host of orcs camped not a mile from here!"
Old 05-05-2002, 04:20 PM   #29
Rosa_Baggins
Wight

Sting

The hobbit looked up to the stranger beside her.
Her once pale sad face smiled warmly at the elf and she sat up on the stone sitting on.
"Yes,friend, I am fine tis lone i feel not well.Must be all this sleeping on the ground and no in my hobbit hole in the shire and not eatting all my meals aday!"She laughed slightly
"Rosa Baggins...... and you are?"she stuck out her hand and smiled again.
Old 05-05-2002, 04:36 PM   #30
Manelwen
Haunting Spirit

Silmaril

He felt so cold. Lost in oblivion, in the deep dark maze of his memories, memories he would sooner forget than anything else. The side of his face burned white hot, yet the skin around it and everywhere else on his body felt cold. Was he dead? "Mellome..." He called his wife's name in the dark, but there was nothing to answer back but his own ragged breathing.

"Keldin..." The faint voice seemed to crack the dark shell around him, the light poured in like the light off the Mallorn trees. "Keldin..." the voice came again, pulling him out of the unpleasant silence of his unconscious nightmare.

"I am here..." He mumbled, reaching his hand blindly to the light, shielding his eyes from the intruding rays of golden sunlight. "Right here..."

"Good." The voice yanked him for the last time, out of the dark and into the light of the day. "Are you alright? What happened?" The patient voice of his old friend Glorfindel talked quietly by his side.

He brought his hand up to his face and touched the bandage that was tapped to his face. "My scar. It hurt...and I could see her, oh goddess...I could see her." He trembled. "She's here." Keldin sat up, grasping Glorfindel's arm tightly. "She's here...and its all my fault that she-she's like the way she is. If I hadn't--if I hadn't those long years ago, she would have been happy...and Oh Goddess..." he shook.

It worried the Legendary warrior that his friend was so scared. That the guilt of so many years had finally caught up to him, leaving him in such a mess. The elf was strong, stronger than many elves that he had known and rarely did Keldin shed a tear or feel scared...but he had no idea how to deal with this. Elenna...where are you? He thought desperately, as he listen to Keldin's ragged sobs.

OOC.I got a plan for Keldin...hold on, 'kay?
Old 05-05-2002, 04:51 PM   #31
Rosa_Baggins
Wight

Silmaril

Rosa stumbled over logs and twigs as she walked along a dirt path though the trees that she could not recall the names of.
After meeting the elf by the River she advised her to go to Rivendell or any safe haven nearby because it was dangerous treking alone as orcs and foul creatures run free in the forest.
She did what was advised of her and started again to the elven valley of Rivendell.Her face was still white and pale because of the fever she had and ever-so-often she coughed.
As she tripped an stumbled over a log for the 100th time she came to the feet of a strange Elf like man and as she got up she followed her eyes to his face.
"Wow another elf must be my lucky day......well not rally im treking though a forest and i dont really know where im going!"
She thought as she swung her pack on her back again.
"hmmmmmm hello." She smiled at the Elf but he did not seem to pleased to see her.
Old 05-05-2002, 05:06 PM   #32
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eye

Celebmundoiel galloped into Rivendell. She saw her dear couisin. She broke into tears in her arms. "I'm sorry. I read you're note. We should be one. I'm sorry.."

Then, Fëaelenawen told about Kelvin. "Yes, he told me of that horrifying day. I swore never to tell anyone."

============================================= Celeb, can you help me out here... im stuck!!!! [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]
Old 05-05-2002, 05:09 PM   #33
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eye

Celebmundoiel galloped into Rivendell. She saw her dear couisin. She broke into tears in her arms. "I'm sorry. I read you're note. We should be one. I'm sorry.."

Then, Fëaelenawen told about Kelvin. "Yes, he told me of that horrifying day. I swore never to tell anyone."

============================================= Celeb, can you help me out here... im stuck!!!! [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]
Old 05-05-2002, 05:10 PM   #34
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eye

Old 05-05-2002, 05:11 PM   #35
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eye

Old 05-05-2002, 05:12 PM   #36
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eye

Old 05-05-2002, 05:39 PM   #37
Celebmundoiel
Animated Skeleton

Eye

Celebmundoiel looked at Fëaelenawen and asked, “ Where is Elenna? I need to tell her about Elrond.”

“What about him?” Fëaelenawen asked Celebmundoiel.
“ I do not think you wish to hear this my dear Fëaelenawen” she replied
“Tell me” Fëaelenawen demanded
“Well, I was not to far from the orcs when I heard some one talking. It was a women but I dare not look upon some one as evil as her. She had said something to her orcs, I’m afraid they have already began to torture poor Elrond. The last thing I had heard before Condelia had came was the pound of a foot on a body and I dread that it was Elronds body” she said looking down and shaking her head.
“ We must find Elenna and tell her” said Fëaelenawen grabbing Celebmundoiels wrist as she started to pull her…
Old 05-05-2002, 06:09 PM   #38
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eye

"Last time I saw Elenna she was in Kenldin's Room with Glorfindel. After that, I ran outside to look for you. I don't know what happened after that. By the way, how many miles away was this orc camp?"

================================================== ========================================
Im stuck again Celeb. Help me!!!
Old 05-05-2002, 06:11 PM   #39
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eye

"Last time I saw Elenna she was in Kenldin's Room with Glorfindel. After that, I ran outside to look for you. I don't know what happened after that. By the way, how many miles away was this orc camp?"

================================================== ========================================
Im stuck again Celeb. Help me!!!
Old 05-06-2002, 12:31 AM   #40
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

The darkness outside was yet to reach it's apex as the Uruk commander of this large assembled army , Azruk, held a final counsel with his trusted counselors and advisors consisting of five large black uruks, two elder orcs and a female of great beauty and evil.
The uruks, Narcis, Kurhg, Deshnok, Sokursh and Ornahk; the orcs, Hinaskh and Murhks sat silently and looked at the ravishing Thrakatburz in awe as she spoke.

Azruk held her counsel in the highest regard for seldom were her instructions wrong and never had her judgment gone array.

Word had come to them of the capture of the Elf lord Elrond, but no one at this camp had authorized such an order. Thrakatburz warns of this as being a deception on the part of the elves. Is there a third player in this game, she wonders.

At around this point Azruk notices the strange way that Murhks held himself, he seemed to be having difficulty in comprehending their tongue and also reports from a crebain spy told of him being seen offering some of their draught to a captive human female in their camp.
Suspicious, Azruk sends Murhks off to scout ahead.

Then word comes from the spies in the citadel that Elenna herself leads the elves defenses in the absence of Elrond. And word also of the presence Celebmundoiel of Lorein.
Azruk licks his lips at the thouht of finally getting his hands and claws on these two of his nemesis'.
But what really perks his interest and makes Narcis sit bolt upright is word of the great archer Keldin. Narcis and Kedlin's enemity go back into the mists of time, and Narcis was proud to have had a hand in the demise of his soulmate, Mallome.

This changes things, thought Azruk, as Kedlin's skills in archery were surpassed by none save Legolas of Mirkwood. Maybe Narcis could get in a lucky shot. It was time to assemble the assualt force.

Riding out on his steed, the firey black stallion, Azalel, he motions to his troops to fall in and take battle formations. He rides in front of the savages he commands and holds up his hand, " This night will be long remembered, my loyal ones, this night we lay waste the accursed elven creed of Rivendell"

There is a loud roar of approval.

"This night, Rivendell" Soared Thrakatburz' shrill cold voice, " the next Lorein and then Mirkwood and on and on...."

There is a louder roar from the massive sea of orcs, men, animals and uruks.

"Hail Sauron!"

The juggernaut begins it's advance on Rivendell.

The wheels of war are in motion.