The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2011, 02:03 PM   #4761
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
So, who's next in the modding queue, then?
Old 08-26-2011, 02:30 PM   #4762
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I believe Shasta, though it seems he still didn't recover enough from Finlandmoot to post.
Old 08-28-2011, 02:59 AM   #4763
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
I believe Shasta, though it seems he still didn't recover enough from Finlandmoot to post.
I was just waiting for someone to let me know it was my turn, . I'll see how soon I can have my admin thread up.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 08:05 AM   #4764
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
I was just waiting for someone to let me know it was my turn, . I'll see how soon I can have my admin thread up.
If you can get it started relatively soon (say by early September) I should be able to sneak in one more WW game before I'm hit with weddings and relocations
Old 09-14-2011, 10:39 AM   #4765
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I'll get to this as soon as I can, life has just been crazy lately. Sorry .
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 09-14-2011, 10:44 AM   #4766
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
I'll get to this as soon as I can, life has just been crazy lately. Sorry .
It's about phrakking time, lad.

(Read, sign me up whenever you set it all up, and I'll play.)
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 03:21 PM   #4767
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
*bump*
Old 09-30-2011, 02:39 PM   #4768
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

I'm sorry! Got caught up in this college-level quiz-bowl scholarship thing. Will have the next game up soon (and by soon I mean the next couple days type soon).
Old 10-01-2011, 01:18 AM   #4769
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Good, I could use me a Werewolf distraction right about now....and right before I go to the Dominican for a week
Old 10-04-2011, 07:26 PM   #4770
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I've haven't even dared to look at the Downs for almost two months to the date. And yet now I am strangely drawn to the idea of joining werewolf again though I swore I wouldn't. I don't suppose there's one in the works...?
Old 10-04-2011, 08:07 PM   #4771
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna View Post
I've haven't even dared to look at the Downs for almost two months to the date. And yet now I am strangely drawn to the idea of joining werewolf again though I swore I wouldn't. I don't suppose there's one in the works...?
Shasta?
Old 10-04-2011, 08:28 PM   #4772
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
:P Oh how I missed this place. Stupid RL
Old 10-06-2011, 01:45 AM   #4773
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Shasta?
*whines* Stop rushin' me! Stop rushin' me! I'll set up a signup thread tonight before I go to bed!
Old 11-14-2011, 05:58 PM   #4774
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Anyone modding after Shasta?

I haven't done a game in over a year and starting to want to jump in again. I'm thinking just a normal one this time, instead of my Haunting on the East Road. However, I won't be able to get it started until after the Thanksgiving holiday since I'll be in another state with family. So, if anyone wants to jump in now, go for it, otherwise I can get the next game set up.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:56 PM   #4775
Kitanna
Child of the West

I'd like to mod again, but unless people are willing to start next week I can wait until after Boro mods (and no one else is in line for it).
Old 11-15-2011, 12:52 PM   #4776
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
I'd be OK with starting next week, but whoever goes first, I'm in.

Also, I have a game in my drawer which I'd like to mod sometime in the foreseeable future, but I'm in no particular hurry.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:12 PM   #4777
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
I'd be OK with starting next week, but whoever goes first, I'm in.

Also, I have a game in my drawer which I'd like to mod sometime in the foreseeable future, but I'm in no particular hurry.
Wow, Pitch modding, I want to see it sometime when it happens...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 02:16 PM   #4778
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Haha, thanks, but don't get your expectations up too high - the idea is a rather basic game with just a minor role twist. No bid for the Crazy Rules Arms Race first time around (I have one or two weirder ideas, but I'm saving those for later).
Old 11-15-2011, 03:50 PM   #4779
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
While you're at it, add me to the mod list. It's about time, I think.

(Crazy Rules Arms Race, here I come!)
Old 11-15-2011, 04:00 PM   #4780
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Yay! (Problem is, there seem to be more people interested in modding than people interested in playing lately...)
Old 11-15-2011, 07:28 PM   #4781
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
Yay! (Problem is, there seem to be more people interested in modding than people interested in playing lately...)
Midterm madness. I suffer from it too.

I will not be able to play for a couple weeks at least due to school overload, but after that I'd most likely be available to play.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:57 PM   #4782
Kitanna
Child of the West

Aside from Pitch, is anyone free and willing for a game starting as soon as Monday? If not I'll step on behind Boro and Pitch and Nerwen.
I had so much fun in Shasta's game I'm anxious to either mod or play before holidays hit me next weekend.
Old 11-22-2011, 03:23 PM   #4783
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

I hadn't seen anyone signed up after Shasta, so really Kit, Pitch, Nerwen, if any of you haven't modded a game yet and want to. Go for it. I was just thinking if there was a lack of mods I could get a simple game started relatively quickly.

But if there are no objections, I can get the Admin thread and sign ups started later tonight. I won't be able to start until the 28th at the earliest. It will be pretty much a standard game, although I do love the games with at least one cobbler, so expect a cobbler if the village count allows.
Old 11-22-2011, 03:38 PM   #4784
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

I think I could play, though if next Monday is Day 1, my participation may be light.
Old 11-22-2011, 04:06 PM   #4785
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
I hadn't seen anyone signed up after Shasta, so really Kit, Pitch, Nerwen, if any of you haven't modded a game yet and want to. Go for it. I was just thinking if there was a lack of mods I could get a simple game started relatively quickly.
I haven't modded yet, but I'd like a little more time to put the eyebrows on everything, so you have my blessing to go ahead.
Also, would anybody volunteer to have my ideas so far bounced off them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
But if there are no objections, I can get the Admin thread and sign ups started later tonight. I won't be able to start until the 28th at the earliest. It will be pretty much a standard game, although I do love the games with at least one cobbler, so expect a cobbler if the village count allows.
I'll be travelling on the weekend, so starting on Monday would be fine for me.
Old 11-22-2011, 06:41 PM   #4786
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

I'm away on Monday and Tuesday, but after that I'll probably have enough time to play. Maybe.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:08 PM   #4787
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
All right, who's next?
Old 12-14-2011, 09:42 PM   #4788
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

The time crunch that I seem to have run upon the last few games has me wondering if I'll be in a position to play in the near future, never mind modding.

I do have an idea for a game though. Maybe by the time I get it fleshed out the situation will improve.
Old 12-15-2011, 01:49 PM   #4789
Kitanna
Child of the West

I'd like to mod soon, but I can wait if someone who hasn't modded wants to go first.

I've been toying with some ideas to make the cobbler more sinister.
Old 12-15-2011, 02:14 PM   #4790
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
All right, who's next?
I believe the list was going to be something like...

Pitch
Nerwen
Kitanna
Old 12-15-2011, 04:30 PM   #4791
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Excellent. If no one objects, I'd love to tack my name on at the bottom of that list.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:07 PM   #4792
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

As I've already told sally, my game is about as ready as it'll get, but I'd rather not mod before Christmas, as I'll be rather busy buying presents and such next week (big procrastinator that I am), and my dad is in hospital with gall-stones on top of everything. The best time for me to mod would actually be around the 2nd and 3rd week of January, I'll be on leave then and have lots of time. So if anybody else is eager to mod (and people to play) in the meantime, go ahead!
Old 12-16-2011, 06:58 AM   #4793
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Now that you've gotten used to daily posting, why not continue - without the fear of imminent death?! Grab your copy of the Letters to Father Christmas (or beg, borrow and - not, not steal! - check out from your local library) and come on over to the Chapter-by-Chapter subforum for fun discussions. Side effect - getting into the holiday spirit! This is fun, easy reading with lots of pictures, so don't feel like you must be an expert to join in. Anyone is welcome!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 08:42 PM   #4794
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

So I have to wait until after Christmas? Bother. I'm getting antsy from WW-withdrawals.
Old 12-22-2011, 01:48 PM   #4795
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Hey, Shasta, Wurstmas is just two days away, and I'll put my Admin thread up next week, OK?
Old 12-23-2011, 03:50 PM   #4796
skip spence
shadow of a doubt

skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I wouldn't mind playing right about now, but not in two or three weeks or, well, the foreseeable future after that.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:41 AM   #4797
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Next game, please. I'm feeling withdrawals.
Old 01-30-2012, 01:02 PM   #4798
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I may actually be able to play a game this time!
Old 01-30-2012, 05:57 PM   #4799
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

I concur. Nerwen, Kit, what say you?
Old 01-31-2012, 03:54 PM   #4800
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I was disappointed to see I missed the start of the last one - please sign me up for the next!
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote