Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2004, 08:52 AM   #121
Angel_Queen
Animated Skeleton

Angel_Queen has just left Hobbiton.
Ravon was ready to do something. She was tired of doing nothing. She had finished getting any hay out of her hair. She was glad Lewis was with her. She didn't know what would happen if she had lost him.

She realized that she shouldn't be bothered by her dreams. After all she had worse ones while she was still at home. Always she was told to watch out because what was beyond the shelter of her home was dangerous. It was the danger that had influenced her all her life. She had finally seen what the world was like. The only danger was life itself. Ravon had seen good men turn evil only because of the threat of death. It was amazing what she had seen on her journey after Cree. She had learned so much from Cree that she didn't know wheter to thank Cree or just forget about it. "Shall we? After all I think we've spent enought time setting her."

Ravon was happier now that she had someone to talk to. She had seen Cree find happiness too. Perhaps there is more out there than just mean people and lost loves.
Old 03-11-2004, 09:26 AM   #122
Esgallhugwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Esgallhugwen has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

"I am so sorry, you must think me so rude for not properly introducing myself. My name is Peony Minyatur."

"Oh, not at all Miss Peony, I know how it is to finally have a rest after a long journey, you sit down and begin to realize just how tired you really are" he laughed and took a sip of his cider.

Although he had been around for nearly more then a week, he had barely talked to anyone, so he just kept to himself while repairing the Inn along with the others. It was basically completed except for a few odds and ends.

"So Mistress Minyatur, where do you hail from? I myself am from Rohan, if you havn't already guessed!" he pointed towards his blue eyes and light golden hair, besides the usual characteristics, Aldor was a fair looking, yet strong lad. Which truly concluded that he a young man from the Relm of the Horselords.
Old 03-11-2004, 09:42 AM   #123
Angry Brandybuck
Haunting Spirit

Angry Brandybuck has just left Hobbiton.
When he turned round to see Crystal, there was a tear in his eye. He had thought of her non-stop through all the driving he had been doing and all time he'd been with his parents. Seeing her again she was even more beautiful than he remembered.

He became so choked up with emotion that he nearly dropped the keg that he was holding, only just righting himself an balancing. He put it down and embraced Crystal.

"Its wonderful to see you! I was worried that you would have moved on, thinking that I would not come back. I would have returned earlier only I was caught up with the business my Pa wanted me to enter. And I wanted to stop off and get something for the party I heard about." He said, tapping the barrels of beer still on the cart. "Where is Aman? I need to let her know about what I have brought."
Old 03-11-2004, 10:37 AM   #124
Will Witfoot
Haunting Spirit

Will Witfoot has just left Hobbiton.
Fungrim surveyed the common room. All around, people sat at the tables, eating and chattering among each other. Sunlight leaked in through the windows, gleaming of the new, polished wood of the tables. The inn looked new and fresh and at the same time as homely and cozy as a pair of old slippers.
He could not prevent a slight smile escaping to his lip's. His earlier sadness was begining to dissipate. He had achieved something here, something worthwile. He had saved the life of Indy, a child who still had a life ahead of her. He had helped in the reconstruction of the inn, helped along with all the others so that the little folk could regain something they loved.

He glanced at Indy. Understanding flickered between them, unusual between two people of so different age's. But understand eachother they did. They were kindred spirit's, desspite their age difference.

"Let's go outside, lass. Im feelin' the want to be in that sunlight."

They rose from their seats and made thier way out of the door. Once outside they headed towards an ancient oak tree that stood on the fringes of the inn's land. Fungrim sat down, his back proped against the trunk, and produced his pipe. Once he had it burning propably he turned back to the girl.

"The war I mentioned is one I have impossed upon myself. The reason I am here and not with my kin is because my sister was kidnapped by orcs, many years ago."

Indy looked up at him silently. He paused only to take a lugfull of the smoke before continuing.

"I set of in pursuit, but I arrived too late. They had killed my sister." Fungrim's fist clenched slightly, but otherwise he showed no sign's of aggitation. "Luckily I came upon the orcs at the height of noon, while they were resting and hiding from the sun's fiery gaze. I killed most of them and the rest fled."

The child gazed at him, something like horror evident in her eyes. "That day I swore an oath to never rest till every orc in the world has fallen, under my axe or the blade's of the other free peoples, or till their fell number's claim me. But never shall I cease in the reclaimin of the blood-depth they owe me and my clan."

He wondered if he had done the right thing, troubling the child with this kind of talk of slaughter and death. Then again, desspite the downfall of the Dark Lord it was still a dangerous world, and the sooner she regognized it, the better. He still hoped that she never had to face the danger herself, but could reamin safe here in this quiet and peacefull land.
It was just as well that he had'nt told her how his family had blamed him for his sisters death, some even suspecting him to be her killer. That was the real reason he had left.
Herein, it is said, the power of Ulmo was shown. For he gathered tidings of all that passed in Beleriand, and every stream that flowed from Middle-earth to the Great Sea was to him a messenger, both to and fro
Old 03-11-2004, 11:27 AM   #125
bilbo_baggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: In my front hallway, grabbing my staff, about to head out my door
bilbo_baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to bilbo_baggins
Sting

After having an ale, he went outside and began practicing his swordfighting techniques. He got a few stares for it, but he did not mind, he was always a loner. Even when he had had his friends with him, he had not been completely honest with them. And they knew it.

He did not have great skill with a blade, but what little he knew he could do well. He saw a group of people talking, he knew not what about, and he also saw a dwarf with a female companion. he did not want ot disturb them so he backed up to the edge the Inn's grounds....

...and promptly bumped into someone. "Oh, I am terribly sorry about that," Ponto said, " I was not looking where I was going,"

"That's quite alright, I have had much experience with hobbits like you!"...
Old 03-11-2004, 11:31 AM   #126
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Crystal Heart has just left Hobbiton.
Crystal looked at Angry in surprise. She had no idea that he would actually question and wonder if she would be there when he returned. She would wait a million years if it meant to just to see him once again.

"Angry Brandybuck, I am surprised. You must know by know that there wouldn't be any lapse of time that I wouldn't wait for you. I have fallen in love with you and there isn't anything that I can do about it, nor want to do about it. I'm finally happy and safe with you. I'm not sure where Aman is, probably inside I suppose." Crystal said. She gave Angry a kiss on the cheek and smiled.

She liked being in his arms. She felt wanted. She felt loved. She felt as if her life finally had a purpose and that purpose was to live. For the first time she loved being alive.
Old 03-11-2004, 03:17 PM   #127
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Aman

Aman spotted Ruby and Buttercup by the bar, apparently talking earnestly and was about to move over to them, now rather intrigued by Ferumbras's 'inventing', when another hobbit accosted her. As soon as she turned to him, he began to speak quickly.

"Hello my Lady, I am Harold Brandybuck, you may not have noticed me but I have been here and I have heard that you are the Innkeeper, and I would like to ask you whether I am allowed to hang my carving above the fireplace, Master Regin Handhammer had asked me to make one." The gushing passage seemed to come out as a continuous sentence from the energetic, flushed looking Harold and the Innkeeper stared at him for a second as her mind caught up with the passage which had taken her somewhat by surprise. The hobbit was watching her with an air of holding his breath and Aman smiled, shaking and nodding her head a little all at the same time as she spread her hands.

"I don't see why not, Mr Brandybuck, certainly not if Regin commisioned you. But may I see the aforementioned carving first?" She then smiled and remembered her ever impeccable manners, and chanced upon a thought that she thought woulld please the hobbit. "And of course I have noticed you around - if you are keen on carving, may I suggest you tarry for a while at the Inn if it wasn't already your intention? A friend of mine, the stablemaster at the Inn ordinarily, is returning here even as we speak, and shares the interest. I am sure Derufin would be pleased to make your acquaintance."

She smiled to herself as well as to the hobbit as she said this last part. She had not been as close to Derufin as Pio had always been - the half-elf and the stablemaster had been very close - and in Aman's time at the Inn, the stablemaster had spent much of his time with one of the strays the Inn picked up, a refined, nervous girl by the name of Uien who had appeared at the Inn terrified and been taken in in reply for some stablework. And not long after that, back had ridden Pio, Mithadan and the twins, along with two friends, Gilly Burrowbanks and this exotic character Zimzi. Why the girl had quite captured Derufin's heart, which was why he had swanned off with her when she travelled with Pio and Mithadan as far as possible when they left.

The Innkeeper did not begrudge the stablemaster, far from it - and she found she had missed him, even though she didn't knwo himn as well as the four hobbits who worked at the Inn. It would not be at all long until Cook, Derufin and Zimzi reappeared the Inn - they were expected any minute now. Aman could only hope the perfectionistic Vinca would approve of the...redecorated Inn; she hoped to get to know Derufin better before he went away again, with Zimzi, she thought - they would no doubt set up in a home away from the Inn rather than continuing to live here. That is, Aman thought so anyway. And as for Zimzi - well, the exotic and mysterious beauty was so sweet-natured, from what Aman had seen of her, and she looked forward to becoming better acquainted with her if she was indeed to stay in the Shire for any amount of time.
Old 03-11-2004, 06:06 PM   #128
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shield

"Rohan?" Peony let a slight smile cross her face. "My father is from Rohan and how I love that land so. For as long as I can remember I have wanted to be a Rider of Rohan." She paused for a moment and started to twirl her red hair around her finger.

She blinked out of her trance and returned her full attention to Aldor. "But I was born and raised in Minas Tirith. I love it there too. And my companion, Deva," Peony looked around the inn to see if she could spot Deva, "I'm not sure where he has run off to, but he is a dwarf from the Lonely Mountain. Now tell me Mr. Aldor, how is it that you ended up so far from Rohan?"
Old 03-11-2004, 09:29 PM   #129
Esgallhugwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

He thought for a moment caught in her green eyed gaze, his mother had had green eyes which was strange for their people. "Well Miss Peony, theres no need to call me mister, plain old Aldor will do just fine, if you don't mind, its just Mr. is very odd for me".

He finished his cider "but no matter, to answer your question, I cannot really say why I'm so far from my homeland. Sometimes I just find myself wandering from here to there, not that I'm bored, I love Rohan dearly; tis a strange thing to describe".

Aldor smiled at her and looked around for whom he thought to be Deva, perhaps he was going to get Peony and himself a room. He then looked out the window at the dazzling green grass sparkling in the sun.

"But what of you, why have you come so far from Minas Tirith?, with a Dwarven companion, seems a strange match to me, if its not to rude to say".
Old 03-11-2004, 09:57 PM   #130
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shield

Peony laughed to herself. "I've always been the wandering type. My father would travel the lands and sometimes I could talk him into taking me with him, which is how I met Deva. I was bound for Bree when I left Minas Tirith, but once I got there I didn't want my little adventure to end, so I keep walking."

She checked around another moment. "I hate the idea of being bored, which my mother says in a curse and I need to keep my feet on the ground. But I just can't do that." Again she checked for Deva.

"I believe my counterpart has gotten us a room and most likely fallen asleep. Oh well, he needs the rest."
Old 03-12-2004, 01:57 AM   #131
Angry Brandybuck
Haunting Spirit

Listening to Crystal, Angry's heart swelled; she loved him! He had known it before, but it felt so good to hear it again. Suddenly a thought broke him out of his reverie and he remembered the other thing he had brought back with him.

"Hang on a minute, I have something to show you" he said to Crystal, getting up onto the trap and shifting some barrels out of the way. He emerged holding a guitar, it had been his for a long time but his parents had not let him bring it away with him. They had decided that he did not need the distraction of writing songs every day to get in the way of learning a new trade. They had been so impressed, however, by the way he had talked about his new job when they met that they thought he should have it back as a reward.

He plucked a short tune on the cat gut strings and beamed at Crystal, who applauded.

"I'm going to try to get Aman to let me play at the party, but I don't know if she'll let me."
Old 03-12-2004, 06:26 AM   #132
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Crystal smiled and applauded at his talent. She hadn't known that Angry could play the guitar and she loved the sound that it made. She never had learned to play an instrument in her life and envied anyone that did. She couldn't help but feel proud of Angry's talent.

"That is wonderful! I am sure Aman will let you play. If not, you can play for me if you want. I love to listen to you." Crystal said with a smile. She looked at him shyly. She knew that Angry loved her, but he had never said it out loud. She had taken a bold step in telling him and was very afraid of the outcome. She wondered if she had just frightened him away, at least somewhat.
Old 03-12-2004, 08:09 PM   #133
Mad Baggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: A place where after thunder golden showers come falling like a rain of flowers.
Mad Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Mirabell Baggins stepped into the Green Dragon and threw back her hood, revealing chestnut-brown hair and green eyes. She glanced around the Inn, taking in the people chatting at tables. One hobbit was sitting with a guitar, plucking at the strings. Mirabell smiled. Oh, the good old Dragon! she thought, and made her way over to the bar.

"Cup of tea, please. No, that will be all. Thank you very much." Mirabell turned around on her chair to survey the scene in the Inn. Like before, people were chatting and laughing. The hobbit with the guitar had finished playing and was now beaming at a young hobbit lass. Mirabell sipped her tea and smiled in contentment as the hot liquid flowed down her throat, warming her belly.

"It is so dull to sit by oneself in such a warm and homey place," she murmured. "But I don't want to intrude on anyone's conversations. Ah, well, as Tico says...let the sparrow fly and see where the breeze takes it."

Last edited by Mad Baggins; 03-12-2004 at 08:14 PM.
Old 03-13-2004, 12:34 AM   #134
Eowyn Skywalker
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eowyn Skywalker has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Eowyn Skywalker
The mid afternoon day was fair, and Willow Overhill, a hobbit from the north Shire, sat in the Green Dragon, and waited.
Ando Bracegirdle should've been there by now, he had promised to meet her at the Green Dragon, and yet, he was not there.
"Where is that young fool?!" she asked herself. He had promised... but wait.

She stood up sharply, as something on the other end of the common room caught her eyes. "ANDO!" she shouted, thinking it to be him, then sat down, abashed, as she realized that the halfling on the other side of the room, the blond hobbit, I might note, was not Ando Bracegirdle.

She smiled helplessly at the younger hobbit. "Hello, Anagar Fernfield," she said dryly.

"Hello, Willow," he said. "I've been looking for you."

She stood up sharply, then sat back down. "I know," she said quietly.

He smiled almost evilly, it seemed. "I think we need to talk, daughter."
Old 03-13-2004, 07:48 AM   #135
Angry Brandybuck
Haunting Spirit

Emboldened by Crystal's response to his playing, Angry jumped down from the cart, nearly toppled when he landed, overbalanced by the weight of the guitar in his hand. Before running off to find Aman he kissed Crystal on the cheek and blushed profusely.

She giggled as he ran off in the direction of the Inn door, where he expected the landlady to be. When he found her she seemed caught in some deep reverie, memories of things been and gone clouding her beautiful eyes.

After waiting for her to notice him for five minutes he made a slight coughing noise in the back of his throat and shifted uneasily from foot to foot.
Old 03-13-2004, 07:53 AM   #136
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Crystal had walked slowly up to the Inn and into the door where Angry had gone into. She was blushing so badly that you couldn't see what the original color of her face had been moments before. She came in and stood next to Angry and smiled. Her blush deepened. She had no idea that he would give her such a response.

She watched as Aman turned around from the other duties she had been attending to and allowed Angry to talk. It was his guitar and his idea. Besides she wasn't entirely sure she could formulate words at this particular moment.
Old 03-13-2004, 08:16 AM   #137
Feared Half-Elf
Wight

Feared Half-Elf has just left Hobbiton.
Elkamia

It was hard to see the elf, being dresed in woodland greens and sat on the branch of a sturdy tree. A longbow of dark wood rested in her left hand, and her right flicked arrows to the string faster than could be seen. She was practising her archery, as she did whenever she had a moment to spare. The arrows thudded into a tree she could only just see, and she smiled as she paused to see her work. All her arrows were in a tight cluster on a branch. She dropped to the ground and collected them.

She scrambled easily back onto her branch, and settled the bow and quiver in the fork of two branches. She climbed higher, and soon her face was to the wind. The scent of herbs came to her, brought from the herb garden.

People were getting ready for the party, the Inn was finished and now just last decorations were going in place. She stretched like a cat in the sun, and yawned. She really should do something to help. She dropped to the ground again and made her way to the common room.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
Old 03-13-2004, 09:08 AM   #138
Lumiel

Lumiel has just left Hobbiton.
Out into the light they went and towards a large, ancient oak on the edge of the woods. There they sat under its large, graceful boughs, bent and twisted with age but strong with sun and water. Fungrim leaned against the stern trunk and lit his pipe. Indy sat down near him, her fingers absent-mindedly playing with the warm blades of grass. The sun was caught and twinkled in her short blond hair and it illuminated the dusky smoke from Fungrim's pipe.

He took in a deep breath of the pipeweed and blew it out slowly, the smoke diffusing through the air around them with a sweet scent. "The war I mentioned is one I have imposed upon myself. The reason I am here and not with my kin is because my sister was kidnapped by orcs, many years ago." he said, now pausing.

Indy was strangely silent. Her usually flighty mind was focused entirely on Fungrim. Her mouth remained silent; she knew that Fungrim should not be interrupted. It was painful for him to talk about it and she would not disrespect him, the only person she had any real respect for to begin with.

"I set off in pursuit, but I arrived too late. They had killed my sister." he continued. He clenched his fist and a tautness seemed to come around his hardened eyes as he recalled what happened. "Luckily I came upon the orcs at the height of noon, while they were resting and hiding from the sun's fiery gaze. I killed most of them and the rest fled." A tightness grabbed at Indy's throat and she put her small hands together, gripping one another. "That day I swore an oath to never rest 'til every orc in the world has fallen, under my axe or the blade's of the other free peoples, or 'til their fell numbers claim me. But never shall I cease in the reclaimin' of the blood-depth they owe me and my clan." he finished with a strength in his voice that Indy had not yet heard before from him.

His eyes were closed now, as if he was contemplating what he had just said. Though but a child, Indy knew well the dangers of the world. She had traveled along the many dark paths of mankind, but had been spared its worst tortures thus far. A deep sadness filled her heart. Could she do what Fungrim had done? Could she put her life on the line for one she loved? A doubt that had silently gnawed at her heart now gave voice as tears sparkled, holding on to her lashes. Poke, her first and only friend besides Fungrim, had died in her midst. And what had she done? She had run, run in fear for her own life, in fear of the truth of what had happened. She had failed Poke without entirely realizing it until now. Tears streamed silently down her cheeks and Indy did nothing to brush them away. She deserved this pain for her unwitting betrayal.

Fungrim peered over at the young girl and sighed with concern. "I knew I shouldn't 'ave told you lass. You're too young to hear such -"

"No, no. It's not that...well, it is in a way." interrupted Indy. She paused, collecting her thoughts. "I just wish...I just wish that I could be like you Fungrim." she said softly, her brown eyes turned on him, mirrors of her soul. "I failed someone, and I didn't do anything about it. You didn't do that though, you're still fighting and me, I gave up. I want to be like you, Fungrim." she finished, crawling to sit against the trunk, leaning her head on Fungrim's arm. After a pause, she spoke again. "How long will you stay here, Fungrim?" she asked.
Old 03-13-2004, 02:47 PM   #139
Mad Baggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: A place where after thunder golden showers come falling like a rain of flowers.
Mad Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Mirabell gulped down the last of her tea and set the cup down on the counter of the bar. Well, she thought, I have let the sparrow fly and the breeze has taken it into a tree. She chuckled at this and got up from her seat. She thanked the barkeep and made her way out to the stables to say hello to her pony Salic. As she pushed open the stable door, the horses and ponies inside all turned to peer at the newcomer. One dapple-grey pony nickered happily at the sight of Mirabell. The hobbit hurried over to it and stroked its velvety nose.

"Salic, my lad. How are you?" The pony nudged Mirabell's stomach as if to say Fine, thank you. Do you have any treats for me? Mirabell laughed and dug in her pocket for a piece of carrot. She handed it to Salic, who crunched it eagerly and looked at her brightly, hoping for more. Mirabell shook her head and said, "No, boy. That's it for now. I see they are treating you well, though. I've got to go now." Salic gave her one last nudge and turned back to his stall.

Mirabell stepped out of the stable into the pleasant Shire afternoon. She started to go back to the common room, but paused, enjoying the fresh air. She decided to stay outside for a while. Looking around, she saw a small tree. She walked over to it and climbed into a comfortable branch. Sighing happily, she looked up at the patches of blue sky interspersed with green leaves and branches.
Old 03-13-2004, 04:41 PM   #140
Eowyn Skywalker
Shade of Carn Dûm

Willow sat back down, almost quietly. She was aware of Anagar's eyes on her as she sat gracefully. "Ttalk then," she said, "but do not expect me to respond in like kind, father."

"Then you acknowledge the truth?" he asked.

She sighed, taking in the surrounding of the room with a quiet; subtile air. "If my parents had told me that you still lived many years ago, then it might've been better, Anagar. But now..."

"You worry to much. And who is this Ando? Someone of any importance?"

"Not to you. Now if you'll excuse me, I would like to pick up a drink, father."

He watched her walk away, and drew his pipe out of his pocket thoughtfully. He smoked in silence, for some things were better left unsaid.

The day was calm, mid afternoon. It was said that a fire had happened of late, and there would be a party later. But that was later, and not now.

There were other things that had to be attended to at the moment. People were buzzing around the room, getting ready for the said party, when Willow observed an elf in dark green clothing enter the common room.

It was odd to see an elf in the Shire, and Willow wondered what brought her here.
Old 03-14-2004, 08:34 AM   #141
Feared Half-Elf
Wight

Feared Half-Elf has just left Hobbiton.
Elkamia went to the bar, and ordered a snack for the afternoon. 'I think the halfling's influence is still on me.' she thought, and smiled. 'No matter. Sometimes it's nice to be able to snack a lot, on decent food. Sometimes the elven stuff gets repetitive.' She then scolded herself for being negative towards the food of her own kin!

She settled into a chair before a table, and thought. She did a lot of thinking these days, much more than she had before the War of the Ring.

Anyway, what could she do for the party this evening? She'd already done some things for the Inn itself, like she'd made that carved dragon on the front of the Inn, to go with the name, and a few odd pieces of work in the kitchen, but she wanted something to do for the party. How about decorations? She made be a warrior, but she could still string together some flowers and leaves. She'd made some decorations for the marraige between Arwen Evenstar and King Estel of Gondor.

That made up her mind. She finished the biscuits she had been eating and went to find Aman, the Innkeeper.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
Old 03-14-2004, 05:07 PM   #142
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Will you accept my terms? Roa had been silent for a long time before answering. I need time to ponder this. It is not a light matter, and should be decided with care. She had been as civil as possible, but the rage in her heart could not be concealed, and she was greatly tempted to break her oath. The look in Galadel's eyes had stilled her, but it took great restraint. She then excused herself from the group by declaring she was very tired and her head ached. Val helped her to the Innkeeper, and Miss Aman had shown her to a new room. Alone, Roa thought over the events and ordered her memories. Finally, she released her rage in a fit of bitter tears. She had not cried since the day her brother had not come back from battle.

An hour later, Roa awoke from her slumber. She found the washroom and rinsed the tears from her face. Galadel was waiting for her when she returned.

"I know why you are here, Galadel. You wish me to him, eh?" The elf smiled with great warmth and understanding. "Of course not," she replied gently, "Forgiveness take time. Wounds must heal. But you agree to try. Keep him around- the poor man feels he has lost all worth." Roa bit back the angry retort. I am always quick with my temper... Sighing, she nodded and walked from the room. Galadel followed.

Roa walked towards the dining hall. Her stomach was talking to her. As she entered, Roa saw Val and Snaveling sitting at a table together, and a very nervous Toby between them. Carefully she eyed the man she was not throttling, and the ice around her heart thawed a little. He did look quite retched. Grabbing a bowl of soup, she quickly strode over to the table and sat across from Val. Roa fixed a strong and sturdy gaze on Snaveling and spoke.

"Very well, Man from the South, your terms are accepted. You may repay your debt by assisting me when asked, and aiding those here. When such a time comes, you will accompany me the Gondor to seek an audience with the King." With that she began to eat.

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Old 03-15-2004, 10:11 AM   #143
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

Fordim Hedgethistle has been trapped in the Barrow!
It was a hard hour that Snaveling passed in the sullen and silent company of Valthalion while he awaited Roa’s answer. He suspected that the Dunedain Woman had left him in the company of this youth intentionally, so that he could keep an eye on Snaveling should Roa decide that she did not want to wait for her King’s justice, and meet out some of her own. Toby, as usual, attempted to keep up his spirits with light conversation, but it was of little use. Even Galadel’s presence, normally such a comfort, was unable to alleviate all of Snaveling’s misgivings. He stared down at the table top and tried to bring his thoughts into some kind of order.

He remembered back over the weeks that he had spent at the Inn and all that had transpired in that time. He could hardly believe that he was not on the Road, seeking his own path. Roa had released him from her bond, and he had not left. He shook his head in bewilderment at himself. He turned to Toby, who had fallen into a deep and brooding silence at his side. “Am I the biggest fool you have ever known?” He saw the searching look in Toby’s eye, so explained. “I came here with no plan other than to take a bit of rest before looking about me for some way to work some mischief to my advantage. Nothing horrific or grand…just some little scheme or thieving so I could make a bit of coin. But then I met Roa, and Val, and My Lady Galadel – and you, you old rascal! – and now here I am, having been freed from my bondage, willingly offering myself up for her pleasure!”

Toby thought for a moment and then replied, “It is, indeed, a surprising turn of events.”

Snaveling laughed lightly. “It is indeed, my friend. It is indeed.” He paused, and his face became grave once more. “Can you imagine me standing before the Throne of Gondor, asking for justice from that King of Roa’s? My very blood runs cold at the idea of having to face that Man. From what I’ve heard of him, he is not a Man to be taken slightly – nor is he overly gentle with those whom he considers his enemies.”

Toby put his pipe in his mouth and adopted what Snaveling had come to know as the gentlehobbit’s ‘philosophical air’. After one or two contemplative puffs he spoke. “Now, you know my opinion of most folk from beyond the Shire – present company excluded of course! – but this King Elessar, from what I’ve heard tell, is as decent a Man as you can find. I’ve heard it direct from those who should know that he is fair and rather sensible (for a Man). And he spent a good part of his life in this part of the world, so there’s some hope that he has a bit more hobbit sense than most Men. I think, Snaveling,” he said, as though concluding a speech to a miscreant hobbit lad, “that you can expect fair treatment from the King.”

Snaveling hung his head. It’s fair treatment that I fear; for what is fair after what I have done, other than my own death? He looked up to see Roa before him, and he could tell that her fury was unabated, but under her control. Galadel stood just behind her, and the Elf gave Snaveling a comforting smile. Snaveling tried to return it, but only a pained grimace contorted his features. Roa straightened her shoulders and delivered the speech that she had clearly prepared for him. Snaveling wondered if she were even aware that her hand rested on the pommel of her sword throughout it…

When she was through, she sat and began to silently attack her meal. Snaveling did not know what to say, and twice tried to speak. But even as he struggled to say something, a sudden vision arose before his eyes. It was not as it had been in the past, an image in his mind that he could see but with his fancy, but like a physical place in the waking world he saw before him a hunting lodge in a secluded valley, rich with game. It had five rooms, and a patio out back perfect for smoking his pipe of an evening and watching the sunset. And there was a woman there, and she came out of the house…Snaveling’s heart skipped a beat, and he gasped aloud. He struggled to his feet and, mumbling an excuse he rushed out the door of the Inn to the clear sunshine. He leaned against the side of the Inn and let himself remember his hunting lodge.

It was back, more glorious and pure for having been taken from him. He knew then, and understood, why it had been taken from him, and how, and he felt tears on his face. Galadel was at his side, and she was smiling at him, and she put her hand on his shoulder. “I am glad that you have found what you lost, Snaveling.” Snaveling could only nod and gulp down the lump that was forming at the back of his throat. He saw Galadel’s eyes narrow as she took in the fact that he was fighting back more than joy.

He let his mind go back to the patio of his lodge, and to the woman who came out of it to join him in the sunlight. She was tall and fair, and her hair stirred in the wind like flames. She faced him and smiled. It was Roa.

Last edited by Fordim Hedgethistle; 03-15-2004 at 11:36 AM.
Old 03-15-2004, 12:48 PM   #144
Will Witfoot
Haunting Spirit

Will Witfoot has just left Hobbiton.
Indy's word's hit Fungrim like a hammer-blow. She wanted to be like him?. She did'nt seem to realise that to be like him was nothing to asspire to. For a moment all sort's of obscenities flittered through his head, directed at his own foolishness for introducing the child to such ideal's.

He shook his head and regained control of himself once more. She had said that a friend of her had died, so clearly her word's had a much deeper meaning in the past. He smiled somewhat sourly. There is a lesson here, he thought. The entire world does not rotate around you. He took a final breath of his pipe's smoke before speaking up.

"Indy, hatred and vengeance are, in the end, shackle's. They occupy your entire life, eating away at you."

The girl remained silent and looked up at him. He just hoped that the sincerity of his voice was enough to drive all dream's to be like him out of her head.

"At the moment of suffering, such as the moment my sister drew her last breath, hate and anger can seem like appealing emotion's to fulfill the void tragedy has left behind it. But the easiest path is usually not the best alternative, and so it is with vengeance."

"Believe me, hatred is not worth throwing your life away. You know you have lived a good life when you have accomplished something, made something out of yourself so that when youre gone, people will remember you."

The girl seemed somewhat puzzled. "But if hate is not worth your life, why do you fight your war?" She asked.

He smiled at her, a smile wich hent a hefty note of melancholy in it. "Because that is what I swore to do. Amongst my people, an oath is a sacred thing, and though I am weary of it, I will not break my oath."

He settled back once more and re-filled his pipe. "As to when I'll be leaving, I cannot say. I feel that Ive lingered here too long, but I dont want to leave."

He smiled again, happily this time. "I feel like Ive finally accomplished something."
Herein, it is said, the power of Ulmo was shown. For he gathered tidings of all that passed in Beleriand, and every stream that flowed from Middle-earth to the Great Sea was to him a messenger, both to and fro
Old 03-15-2004, 02:09 PM   #145
bilbo_baggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: In my front hallway, grabbing my staff, about to head out my door
bilbo_baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to bilbo_baggins
Ponto had stumbled into luck; the stranger he had walked into was none other than Enessar, an elf.

"My dear hobbit, I am Enessar! I have come to this Inn before, and I have returned," said the strange elf, who he now knew as Enessar, " I need to join a band of travelers willing to go to a faraway place. Do you know where I might join such a band, my young hobbit friend?"

"Why, no Enessar, I am newly come to this Inn myself. I hope you have luck in your search!" Ponto replied, instantly ashamed that he had not volunteered himself; he watched sadly as the tall, dark-haired elf walked inside the Inn.

"Oh, I wish I knew where my band was," Ponto murmured to himself as he finished his sword routine, "I would like to speak to Oin again, bless his muttering, grumbling soul..."
Old 03-15-2004, 05:04 PM   #146
Regin Hardhammer
Shade of Carn Dûm

Regin Hardhammer has just left Hobbiton.
Regin Hardhammer:

Regin impatiently drummed his fingers on the table and scowled. That morning, Hawthorne Brandybuck had promised him she'd help with planning the party, but she was nowhere in sight. Hawthorne had shown real responsibility in the weeks that she'd helped him with building the Inn. Regin hoped she wasn't falling back into her old, thoughtless ways.

Ah, well, he couldn't wait any longer. There were a dozen helpers seated at the large table in the Common Room, and they were getting restless. They wanted to start discussing the work to be done. Everyone had been so busy finishing up the little odds and ends related to reopening the Dragon that they'd only gotten around to the actual planning of the party at the last minute. Now, they had just seven hours before the first guests arrived. Regin didn't think the Innkeeper would be pleased if Meriadoc Brandybuck or Mayor Samwise came and found nothing had been properly prepared. According to Aman, the Dragon had a reputation for giving great parties, and Regin wanted to make sure that they managed to live up to this.

Regin stood up and explained to the others what was going on and how they could all pitch in, "Fortunately for us," he added, "Ruby and Buttercup have been hard at work baking and cooking. They have fine roasts and pies plus plenty of cakes and stews set aside for the party tonight. Still, they'd like it if some other folk, especially the hobbits from the neighborhood, could bring along samples of their favorite dish and set these on the buffet tables for everyone to sample. We need a few volunteers to arrange the tables and chairs close to the wall, so there will be plenty of space in the middle for dancing. Finally, Mistress Aman has mentioned she'd appreciate it if some of you could help with decorations by setting out bowls of flowers on the tables and stringing up a large banner across the entrance to the Common Room to welcome everyone to the "new and improved" Green Dragon!"

"What about entertainment for the party?" one of the local Hobbits piped up.

"Now, I'm glad you mentioned that.... Yes, we'll need some volunteers to bring their fiddles, and flutes and such to the party as well as a singer or two to get up and perform. So, with all we have to do, we definitely have our work cut out for the rest of the afternoon."

Regin was just about to hand out specific work assignments when he saw the front door of the Dragon push open and Hawthorne came racing into the room, out of breath and obviously excited.
Old 03-16-2004, 04:02 AM   #147
Angry Brandybuck
Haunting Spirit

As Aman's eyes slowly came into focus on the present Angry went straight into the spiel he'd prepared.

"Hello there Aman, Angry Brandybuck, Do you remember me? I was only here last about ten days ago but I guess a lot has happened since then...err...Anyway, I've just got back from visiting my parents and they gave me this here guitar" he clumsily held the instrument aloft "and I was err...wondering if it would be alright if at this here party you're all organising I could play a few of me numbers, just alone like, as well as joining the band I'm sure you'll have coming along."

He stood nervously playing with the tuning pegs on the guitar, if he wasn't allowed to play, it wouldn't be the end of the world, if he did then it could be the beginning of something great. As an after thought he also told Aman about the 6 barrels of Brand Oak Bitter he had brought from Wickwar Brewery.
Old 03-16-2004, 06:34 AM   #148
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Crystal watched as Angry played with the pegs of his guitar. She could tell he was nervous about Aman's answer. She smiled softly. There wasn't any good way to try to ease or soothe his nerves. She just smiled at him gently, hoping that that in its self was enough.

"I do know how to keep a beat. I could craft some sort of something. I'm not completely music illiterate," Crystal offered. Her face began to turn red. She didn't like to admit that she could 'keep a beat.' It seemed silly and her old homeland did not find such a thing exceptable.

But she was here now. This was her new home and she was free to make her own mind and do what it was she wanted, within reason of course. As she waited she tried to controll her blush.
Old 03-16-2004, 08:58 AM   #149
Witch_Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Witch_Queen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Witch_Queen Send a message via MSN to Witch_Queen Send a message via Yahoo to Witch_Queen
Aduthondiel
Aduthondiel looked around and saw Crystal setting with Angry. She walked over to the couple and noticed that Crystal seemed to be smiling. Aduthondiel smiled, she was glad to see that Crystal was finally happy. She noticed the two was talking, Aduthondiel wasn't sure whether she should go say hi or just ignore the two. "Good evening Crystal. I see everything is going fine now that you have found your dear Angry." Aduthondiel placed her hand on the hilt of her sword but all she did was rub the red ruby that seemed to shine. Aduthondiel remembered how just a few days ago she was talking to Crystal about how life is something that should be held close to you.

Aduthondiel's hair was pulled back behind her head. The cut on her cheek had only became a scar. Her blue eyes was as bluer as the morning sky. Everything was better for her now. She had no one to keep her from her life. She wished she had someone to talk to about her troubles. Calm down! There is no one here you can trust besides Crystal and Hama. Even this Angry fellow isn't to my likings. If thats what human girls are going for now-a-days. I feel sorry for the race of men.

Aduthondiel sqirmed at the thought of 1/2 human 1/2 halfing children. She thought she was going to be sick. Aduthondiel held it in and smiled to keep them from seeing her dis-approval. If it means her being with a hobbit to keep her father from finding her then so be it. Aduthondiel decided that she should go back to Rohan, but didn't know whether or not go alone. "Crystal I'm going to go back to Rohan now. I just hope your father will allow me to return. It seems as if Count has lost his way back to the Shire. I must find him." Aduthondiel didn't like the fact that her horse was without her.

About that time she felt something nudge her on the back. Aduthondiel turned to see that Count was back. She wanted to scream in happiness but refrained from it. Aduthondiel walked to the side of her horse and noticed a scroll placed on the sadle. She didn't know what it said but it was easy to tell who it was from. "Crystal... I believe you should see this." Aduthondiel gave a little tug on the seal and began to unroll it.

She didn't know what to think. Everything was going to cave in on her.
"My dearest Aduthondiel,
It saddens me to find out that your not returning to Rohan. We will miss your elven sword in battle."
Aduthondiel shook at the thought of all the battles she had fought along side Crystals father. "To hear that my dear daughter is beyond this life struck me hard. I regretfully have to inform you that I wish to see you once again before you are free from my command. I will be coming to this Shire in a matter of days. I hope to see you and see what you have made out of your life. Upon my arrival I will require that you give me your horse and your dear Nehema. This is how it must be."
General Dorian

Aduthondiel looked over at Crystal, the world and life she had made was about to come crashing down on her.

"I'm sorry." Aduthondiel couldn't think of anything else to say to Crystal and Angry. She knew she was about to loose her horse and her precious elven blade. All she had was those two things, but now she was going to loose them too. What do I do now?
Old 03-16-2004, 09:20 AM   #150
Esgallhugwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

There seemed to be a long awkward pause between them before Aldor laughed to break the silence. "Yes long journies do have that affect on people I'm afraid, too bad, perhaps I can meet him later on when he is well rested". He leaned back in the chair and took in his surroundings.

Aldor nearly fell from his seat when he heard the loud voice of Regin Hardhammer, he was accustomed to the quiet musings of the finished Inn and was not prepared for the outburst. Peony giggled lightly at him as he straightened himself out.

"You'd think I would have better balance riding horses nearly all my life" he chuckled, while giving an ear to Regin announcement.

Oh yes the party, how could I forget, and I also forgot to tell Peony of this, perhaps she'll enjoy it. He mused as he turned his gaze back over to her "forgive me I entirely forgot to tell you there is to be a party this evening at the Inn to celebrate is reconstruction and grand opening. Will you help with preparations?".
Old 03-16-2004, 11:42 AM   #151
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Crystal read the letter and swallowed hard in disbelief. The one place her father shouldn't and wouldn't come to was coming!
"Angry!" Crystal said quickly as she put the parchment into his hands. She watched as his eyes read the paper and look up at her, his fear of loosing her already setting into his eyes once again.

"Angry, you have to hide me. You have to hide yourself. Oh, everyone must not know about me! And yet they do! He will know that I still live," Crystal said as tears filled in her eyes.

Her shocked body slipped down to the floor. Her body shook. She was no longer safe in the one place she had made into her home. He wouldn't believe that she was dead. Not when so many people knew that she was here and where she was.

Her only thought now was to run, but her body wouldn't respond. The world as she knew it was coming to an end.
Old 03-16-2004, 04:23 PM   #152
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Boots Aman

Aman smiled and gave a small laugh before nodding. "Of course I remember you, Angry Brandybuck - and if my memory serves me, 'twas you who played such a fine tune upon a certain lady's heartstrings last time you came, hmm?" She winked and Angry blushed slightly, grinning. "But of course you shall play - didn't you hear Regin? It would be excellent, Mr Brandybuck."

"It's just Angry-" corrected Angry, beaming, before he was interrupted as a wild-eyed elf flew towards them, a frenzied, desperate look on her face.

"Angry!" She cried, sounding desolate and terrified and thrusting a piece of paper at the hobbit. "Angry, you have to hide me. You have to hide yourself. Oh, everyone must not know about me! And yet they do! He will know that I still live!" She gasped heavily, tears in her eyes and one hand on her heart, then began to fall. Aman darted forward, catching her before her limp form hit the ground, and lowered her gently down. Regin had seen her and she caught his eye. "Regin, please could you get a glass of water and some smelling salts from Ruby or Buttercup?" she asked quickly. The dwarf, Illuvatar bless him, didn't protest but instead quickly slipped away. Aman let Crystal settle on her lap, apparently unconcious, and rubbed her hands slightly, but after a second the woman's eyes fluttered open again and she tried to sit up, starting and gasping, the wildness returning to her eyes. But as she tried to stand, she nearly slipped again, and Aman caught her hands, forcing her to calm down.

"Hey, hey, calm down, Crystal, calm down," she said softly, using the voice she had often used on fractious horses. "Shh, I don't know what's wrong but it'll rest a moment, alright. Calm down...listen, what's wrong? Why wouldn't you want someone to know you were alive?"
Old 03-16-2004, 05:48 PM   #153
Kitanna
Child of the West

Shield

Peony smiled, "I don't know what I could possibly help with, but I would be glad to help with preperations." She scanned around the inn one last time just to make sure Deva wasn't around.

"Just tell me what needs to be done and I will do it."

~*~*~

Deva had checked into the room and had carted his knapsack along with Peony's up to the room. He knew he needed to get back to Peony, but she was old enough to look after herself.

He sat on the end of one of the beds and his feet seemed to cry a thank you to him. "I really should get back downstairs," He said, "But what's a few minutes?"

He then laid down on the bed and was asleep in a matter of minutes.
Old 03-16-2004, 08:14 PM   #154
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Hawthorne Brandybuck and the party plans:

Hawthorne came barrelling towards the table in the midst of all the confusion. The Hobbit could see Aman kneeling with the stricken Crystal while Regin ran off to retrieve some water in response to the Innkeeper's plea. Not wanting to intrude on the doleful events now taking place, and seeing that Regin would be occupied for some time, Hawthorne beckoned to the tableful of volunteers to follow her into Mistress Aman's private parlor, a small room situated off the main corridor. The folk who'd come to plan for the party made themselves comfortable inside the cosily furnished sitting room: a few lounged on the braided rag carpet; others found places in the comfortable chairs that were arranged in a semi-circle directly facing the hearth.

At first, a number of the Hobbits quietly traded comments among themselves on the unusual events now occurring in the Common Room, expressing concern for Crystal and trying to figure out exactly what her situation was. Hawthorne quickly shushed them, pointing out that all their curious questions would not help Miss Crystal in the slightest and that Aman was already doing a good job of that.

Raising her voice and rapping on the mantle to get everyone's attention, Hawthorne brusquely explained, "Sorry to be late! But we have too much to do here in just a few hours. First, a piece of luck..... There will be a cart arriving shortly from Bag-end. The Mayor has made a generous gift of cut flowers from his garden that can be set out on the party tables. He's also provided us with plenty of seedlings for the herb and salad beds to replace the ones the ponies trampled."

"Next," continued Hawthorne, "have a look at this!." She held up a large square placard that was emblazoned with bold letters, looking over at Peony and smiling. "This tells everyone how they can help. We'll set it up in the Common Room against the wall near the end of the bar."

Hawthorne stepped back so the others could read the sign. As they crowded around the notice, she could hear the cart from Bag-end come rumbling up in front of the Dragon, loaded down with the flowers and seedlings that they would need.

Hawthorne's placard:

VOLUNTEERS NEEDED

Time is fleeting! The Green Dragon would appreciate your help in preparing the Inn for the party. Please consider helping with any of these chores.
[list=1][*]Prepare your favorite dish to share with other partygoers.[*]Help arrange the tables, set out the flowers, and string up a welcoming banner at the entrance to the Dragon.[*]Replant the seedlings in the Inn's rear courtyard.[*]Mosts important of all, bring out your fiddles, flutes and other instruments to get ready for the party.[/list=1]
Old 03-16-2004, 09:27 PM   #155
Eowyn Skywalker
Shade of Carn Dûm

1420! Willow

Willow got up from her drink, and went to look at Hawthorn's list of party preparations, along with, as it seemed, everyone else in the room.
Her father had disappeared, probably left to get more pipeweed, as he was like.

She read through the list silently, hardly noticing the commotion in the other side of the room regarding Crystal, for Aman was already helping her.

Reading the list, Willow seen that there was little that she could do to help, for she was no cook, and knew little about gardening, or decorating. However, she could play the fiddle, and smiled to herself.

That was one thing that she could do, and she supposed that she could also help with aranging the tables, a simple enough job. She smiled: there were some things that she could do now.

But one thing was certain, she couldn't wait until the party that night. Maybe Ando would be there.

A warm glow spread to her cheeks as she thought about the gold-haired hobbit, though she had been cursing him but moments before.

She smiled again, and set off to find her fiddle, and get it tuned up, and playable by the evening.

"It has been a while since I've played," she said to herself. "But we shall see whether I still can play as I used to."
Old 03-17-2004, 08:26 AM   #156
Witch_Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Send a message via AIM to Witch_Queen Send a message via MSN to Witch_Queen Send a message via Yahoo to Witch_Queen
Aduthondiel
Aduthondiel watched as Crystal began to fall down. It was all her fault. Here she was worried about loosing her horse and sword when Crystal had to worry about her life. "I'm sorry Crystal." She turned to Aman. "Miss. Aman is it. Well Crystal's father is coming here to take away my sword and horse since I haven't returned to Rohan." The elf paused, took in a breath and continued. "I sent my horse back with an item to make General Dorian believe that Crystal was dead. Now all my work is going to fall to pieces." Aduthondiel went on telling them about how she had originally came to the Shire to take Crystal back to her father. And how Aduthondiel had a change of plans. "He believes she is dead. Once he gets here then he will find out that I lied to him. Therefore he will take Crystal back with him. Who knows what he will do to my Count."

She ran her hand along the horse's side. Aduthondiel feared now for Crystal's life along with her own. If I hadn't of came her then none of this would have happened. I've got to find Hama and tell him. I don't want to loose Count of Nehema. Yet I don't want General Dorian to take Crystal away from Angry. They are so happy together. Her heart stopped. Everything seemed to be only getting worse with the passing days. "Crystal I will leave this lovely country. I will go back to Rohan, its the only way. Perhaps I will meet your father on the road. If we want your "death" to be uncovered I must leave." Aduthondiel didn't want to leave but she had to. "That's the way it must be."

She dropped her head. Aduthondiel felt bad about everything. "My attempt to do something right has only came back to haunt me. For this I must leave now. That is unless there is something else we can do." Aduthondiel thought everything was only going to get worse for her and Crystal. "After all life is the only precious thing we have besides the ones we love."
Old 03-17-2004, 09:38 AM   #157
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Roa noted Snaveling's quick exit, and felt a tinge of worry. She quickly brushed it aside. Why should I concern myself? Galadel was following him, anyway, so if anything was wrong, the elf could surely handle it.

There was a large commotion in the room-- apparently someone had fainted. Roa was about to see if she could help when a young Hobbit lass stood up in front of the scene and called out about the Party plans. Instead of walking to aid the young woman, who seemed to be in more than enough capable hands, she walked to see the placard. Hmm.... I have nothing to cook, and I have no instruments. I suppose I shall help with the decorations as I told Toby.

"I can help with the decorations and the planting, miss," Roa told her, "If only you will point me in the right direction." Some labor would get her mind off her troubles. It seemed the sorrow and cares that so often addorn her kin was taking her as well. No, I will not give in to grief, she thought stubbornly and forced a pleasant smile as she went where she was directed.

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Old 03-17-2004, 10:19 AM   #158
Angry Brandybuck
Haunting Spirit

This all came as a great shock to Angry, and he found all he could do was stand and blink is disbelief and dismay. Soon he gained the power of reasonable thought and saw the dilema. The only way to save Crystal's new life would be to sacrifice Aduthondiel's new life, and vice versa.

Being a Hobbit, Angry had always been one to respect the law in his country and he held it as a shining light in a dark world. So the thought immediately came to him:

"Why not go and see Mayor Gamgee? He's always willing to help people out of a difficult situation, and he certainly wouldn't take kindly to some Rohan tyrant comin' in here an' orderin' everyone around as if he owns the place. And theres no need Miss Aduthondiel, for you to go ridin off like a fool, if you pardon the expression, away from a place that you like; we could hide Miss Crystal easy-like. If I know the Shire, all we'd have to do would be to hide her in the next village along or so, and we'd obviously have to not go out or anything but it would be easy to do."

Angry gestured around him "I mean, look at all the strange folks you get in this Inn all the time, no offence to 'em meant you understand, no Hobbit's gonna be able to tell the difference between a woman from Rohan and a man from Rivendell, let alone a particular woman."
Old 03-17-2004, 11:11 AM   #159
Witch_Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Aduthondiel
Aduthondiel listened as Angry went on about how they could hide Crystal. She didn't want to cause any trouble. Plus getting the Mayor invovled was something she didn't want to do. "Angry, I do hate to break it to you but it doesn't matter what we do. General Dorian wants my horse and sword. He will stop at nothing until he has finished taking away everything I have." She didn't want to face the fact that she was going to loose something no matter how it was done. She had known Dorian all her life and he had always been the only one who cared about her. Even after he had taken everything from her.

"It is time for me to face the facts. No Mayor for me. Now if Crystal wants to bring in Mayor Gamgee then go ahead. I would rather leave this place and see what I can do to keep my horse and sword. Now if Crystal values her life she must leave here and not be seen for a while." She knew what she was asking was alot. She knew she had to leave and loose Count to Dorian.

She dropped her head and began to walk away from the group. "I must leave to protect Crystal. I have to." Aduthondiel placed her hand in the middle of Count's head. "I will never forget you my friend." She laid her head against the beast's head. Aduthondiel thought she had a tear running down her cheek but she wiped it away. She knew she had to leave it wasn't a mistake but if Mayor Samwise could help them with the problem then he could go right ahead. Everything had to change.
Old 03-17-2004, 12:11 PM   #160
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Crystal sat on the floor, looking out into space. The mayor wouldn't be any help. Her father had legions of men and the hobbits would be no match for them. No, they couldn't bring in Samewise Gamgee in any way.

"My father would kill the mayor, Angry. There is only one choice for me at this point in time. I must leave the Shire. At least for a while," Crystal said softly.

The thought of leaving the one place she was beginning to call home and leaving Angry was too much for her mind to handle. She buried her head in her hands and sobbed. There was no way out this time.

"Just remember me when I leave, Angry," Crystal sobbed through her hands.