Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-17-2005, 08:57 AM   #321
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Doh! Why didn't I think of it before? Folwren, have a citation for initiative...
Old 11-17-2005, 11:09 AM   #322
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I suppose that I'll be away until Monday, so, my shipmates, if Lingwë needs to be carried along, please do it...
Old 11-19-2005, 07:42 PM   #323
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eorl of Rohan has just left Hobbiton.
I've been away for quite a while, huh? I'm back in the game now.
Old 11-21-2005, 04:49 PM   #324
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Silmaril

I'm so sorry . Really, so sorry. Thank you so much for not chucking me out, this game is fantastic. There have been...complications in RL (Perky, I will go into more detail in PM if you prefer) that somewhat caused the priority I placed on Barrowdowns to sink rather. I'm back now, although I'm not exactly sure how often I will be able to post. Certainly I hope we shall have our game of chess!

Again, I'm sorry - back now, to stay I hope.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:06 PM   #325
Dunwen
Wight

Dunwen has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
Hi Dunwen! Looks like poor Curamir had the wrong end of the stick entirely. Apologies, I wasn't trying to bully you into an answer, I was just wondering where you'd disappeared to.

No problem, Kath. I was out of town and without computer access for awhile. But I'm back, polishing up my arrows for Pelagir.
Old 11-22-2005, 01:26 AM   #326
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Great to have you, ha ha, back aboard, ha ha, Aman...
Old 11-22-2005, 01:43 PM   #327
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I've filled in my Save.

Perky, the captain is asking how the king slept probably out of pure courtesy. He's really anxious to tell him about the smoke on the horizon and why they're making full sail. So, once your character's replied, you can have Hereric explain, if you like.

We may want to address the other ships behind us.

-- Folwren
Old 11-22-2005, 03:32 PM   #328
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Well, I couldn't let you have this conversation without me... Menelcar has rather interrupted, so I'll leave it up to you how far along the conversation was before Menelcar got there.
Old 11-22-2005, 03:33 PM   #329
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Haven't the Gondorians jumped the gun a bit? We haven't even attacked Pelargir yet, and I thought there was to be some time after the attack before the Gondorian fleet became aware of us...or am I misinterpreting the smoke?
Old 11-22-2005, 04:07 PM   #330
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Ask Perky, but it seems to me that what's happened is, we've seen the smoke in early morning, you all having struck during the night, but we won't be getting there until afternoon, I guess. You RPers need to jump in write about the attack now. Stick up Saves, I'd advise, if you don't have time to write immediately. If people really want to get complicated, you Umbarian people could write your posts for the night and then Perky, Firefoot, myself, and whatever other Gondorians there are put our posts where they belong (move them). But that would take some work, and although I'm willing to do it, the others will have to be, too, and they'll have to be moved in the same order they're in now.

----------------------------------

Perky, I'm leaving the next post to you, as I intended. It's great than Menelcar has joined us. I dunno if I'm going to let Hereric know he's been slighted.

-- Folwren
Old 11-23-2005, 05:03 AM   #331
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

But I'm still hamstrung by this wretched chess match! Argh...

I think the random flashback to the Corsair attack will look a bit confusing. If the other Gondorians aren't averse to it, I'd quite like the posts to be moved once our attack posts are up.

Otherwise, we'll have a rather cumbersome "The evening before Captain Hereric sighted smoke" kind of construction. Besides, the Pelargir attack is where us Corsairs get to have a good deal of fun, and if our raid is demoted to a mere flashback it'll slightly hamper that. In my view.

Although my hands are tied with the much more warlike other two Corsair leaders keeping such a low profile, I'll try and post an attack description.
Old 11-23-2005, 08:22 AM   #332
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Ah. I see your point.

Well, I'm willing to move my post, but the others have to be willing to do that, too. Perky? Firefoot?

-- Folwren
Old 11-23-2005, 05:09 PM   #333
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

That's fine - just let me know what needs to happen.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:27 PM   #334
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Hm. I hope I didn't sound snottish when I said that I was fine with changing the posts around. Sorry.

-- Folwren
Old 11-24-2005, 01:53 AM   #335
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Don't forget I can place posts for you wherever they need to be on the game - if that's easier for you. Just let me know.

~*~ Pio
Old 11-27-2005, 10:58 PM   #336
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

The Perky Ent has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to The Perky Ent
White Tree

My internet decided not to work. Just in time for thanksgiving

I'll try to catch up and stick a post in tomorrow. Please Excuse my Dear Aunt Sally.
'But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.'
Old 11-29-2005, 03:40 AM   #337
Dunwen
Wight

.....And meanwhile, Nimir is once again feeling hungry

Kath and Lommy, do you mind if I send a post where the three boys have breakfast together? If you are both agreeable, I have a rough draft ready which has them eating and ends by giving each of us the option of sending our respective characters off on their own for a bit.

--Dunwen
Old 11-29-2005, 04:40 AM   #338
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
That sounds great. Guess I'll have to stick in a bit of a flashback to my reply to your question and subsequent leaving for bed afterwards.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:16 PM   #339
Dunwen
Wight

Quote:
Kath and Lommy, do you mind if I send a post where the three boys have breakfast together? If you are both agreeable, I have a rough draft ready which has them eating and ends by giving each of us the option of sending our respective characters off on their own for a bit.
Thanks, Kath!

Quote:
That sounds great. Guess I'll have to stick in a bit of a flashback to my reply to your question and subsequent leaving for bed afterwards.
I think I should wait to hear from Lommy before I post it, though.
Old 12-02-2005, 07:40 AM   #340
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunwen
.....And meanwhile, Nimir is once again feeling hungry

--Dunwen
Do it, if you please. It would be nice to hear about them again.
Old 12-02-2005, 04:21 PM   #341
Dunwen
Wight

For Pio

This is the post I have been asking about. I think it should go before Perky's last save. It's not very long, but it's timed before any attempt to sail down the Anduin to attack the sacking and pillaging Corsairs.

POST PLACED ~*~ Pio

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dunwen's post

Breakfast for Three

The soldiers and sailors of Gondor had not been allowed to sleep in quite as late as their superiors. During the night, only those on duty had been awake, moving on their rounds as King Telumehtar’s fleet slipped quietly down the Anduin. However, in the hour before dawn, the fleet had started to come to life.

Sleepy sailors coming off midwatch had rousted their replacements out of their hammocks and crawled in themselves. The rest of the troops woke up and prepared for the new day. The low buzz of conversation below decks moved up into the open air as men dressed and began to haunt the galleys for morning rations. It was a bright calm morning and many brought their breakfasts up onto the decks to eat before reporting for duty. The great ships were crowded close on the river, near enough for men on different ships to hear each other. Among the shouted orders of the fleet’s officers and captains there could be heard a fair amount of ribbing as the seamen took turns exchanging good-natured insults and jests about each others’ ships.

Aboard the Ráca, Nimir had found Lingwë and Curamir ahead of him in line for breakfast. After he’d been handed his bit of rations, he saw that the other two were waiting for him. Happily joining them, he and Curamir listened to Lingwë’s description of working for the ill-tempered ship’s Cook the night before. Lingwë did a wickedly good imitation of the Cook’s surly tone that made the other two laugh merrily. They finished eating quickly, and compared notes about their duty stations for the day before they had to separate. Nimir was assigned to the hold again, as the Master-at-Arms wanted to move some of the weaponry closer to the main deck, making it easily available in battle. The young archer was glad to have had a chance for a little time in the fresh air today, and to see Lingwë and Curamir before they went to their own assignments. The three agreed to look for each other at dinnertime, then each went to report in for his day’s duty.

Last edited by piosenniel; 12-02-2005 at 04:55 PM.
Old 12-13-2005, 02:39 PM   #342
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

I don't want the game to die. What happened? Perky, did you disappear?
Old 12-13-2005, 02:41 PM   #343
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I would rather the game not die, either. I love the plot and I love my character, if only because he's a captain.

Perky? Aman? Anyone? Firefoot, yes, you're here, thank goodness. . .but what of the others?

-- Folwren
Old 12-13-2005, 03:06 PM   #344
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

1420!

All players:

Please check your PM's and get back to this thread with a reply.

Thanks!

~*~ Pio, game moderator
Old 12-13-2005, 03:46 PM   #345
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Not to speak for Folwren, but I'm sure that between the two of us we can carry Perky's character along. I'd be willing. Folwren?

Or did you have in mind for someone to actually be playing his character for the time being?
Old 12-13-2005, 03:52 PM   #346
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

1420!

Either way is fine with me - carry him or assume Perky's character as you wish.

Pirates - what about your captain?

And anyone else - what would you like to do with the game?

~*~ Pio
Old 12-13-2005, 04:22 PM   #347
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I'd be willing to carry him, but I don't think that I'd do a good job of actually playing his character.

I can definitely write it so that he's not forgotten, as Firefoot is probably able to do as well. . .I think that may be the best route to go.

And I was wondering. . .instead of skipping ahead as I think Perky was going to do, can't we have that conversation on the Quarter Deck we'd just begun before he put his save up? Of that morning? Give the pirates time to do their fighting and raiding and whatever else pirates do. . .

-- Folwren
Old 12-13-2005, 04:28 PM   #348
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sounds good to me, Folwren. And it seems Perky removed his SAVE. So, go ahead.

~*~ Pio
Old 12-14-2005, 01:41 AM   #349
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

I wonder where Hiriel is as well...

I'll carry Aman if absolutely necessary, though I wouldn't mind if someone else volunteered...
Old 12-15-2005, 11:48 AM   #350
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
I want to keep this game alive, too. I've been busy with RL things, but I have more time now.
Old 12-15-2005, 12:28 PM   #351
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Just to let you know, neither Hiriel or Perky has read my PM as yet. I don't know when or if they will be back on board.

Can you remaining players discuss how you might like to see the game progress now. And would someone like to get a post up soon - for either side, gondor or the Corsairs.

~*~ Pio
Old 12-15-2005, 12:39 PM   #352
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I just put up a save and will be having that post up within an hour or two. (If not, you can blame it on my computer.)

Corsairs (what's left of you) - I think we'll be able to wait until you've written all the destruction you want to, probably.

-- Folwren

By the way, if I start acting as though I were the leader here, tell me so and shut me up prompt like, because that's my way, when there's no definite boss. My deepest apologize, in advance.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:53 PM   #353
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'm here! I'd prefer not to take on any extra characters at the moment though since I'm involved in ATM.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:14 AM   #354
Dunwen
Wight

Hello Pio and fellow RPG-ers,

Thanks to my own RL schedule, I've only been getting to my computer in tiny bits of time for the last month, for which I apologize -- but things are settled down (mostly) now and I am able to get online regularly again.

I'd love for this game to continue, yet I don't feel confident enough to offer to take on larger characters.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:48 AM   #355
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

1420!

The players can decide to have someone actually write for the missing players' characters - or you can simply agree to have them be NPC (non-played characters) which means that anyone and all are free to use them in your posts as needed and with respect to whatever another writer has already said they're doing.

Either way is acceptable.

~*~ Pio
Old 12-19-2005, 07:51 AM   #356
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

Fordim Hedgethistle has been trapped in the Barrow!
Greetings all.

With apologies and regrets to all I am going to have to pull out of the game. My wife has given birth to twins somewhat before we had thought she would -- so time (and energy) is rather limited at this point.

Children and Mom are doing well.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:44 AM   #357
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

The Perky Ent has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to The Perky Ent
Oh....My...God....

I am VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY SORRY

I broke my laptop several weeks ago, and I didn't get it back until this evening. I feel so bad for not being able to get in touch with hy'all in my computer's absence.

SORRY SORRY SORRY!!!!!

I do wanna keep the game moving, and I know we've reached the big holiday chunk of the year, so as soon as we get a head count, I wanna charge in full throttle

Perky
'But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.'
Old 12-21-2005, 07:33 AM   #358
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Congrats, Fordim!

Probably like many other people I don't think I will have time to post around Christmas, so if the game keeps going on I trust Lingwë to the hands of Kath and Dunwen, if they happen to be there themselves.
Old 12-22-2005, 01:30 PM   #359
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Perky,

You mentioned a head count. Here's mine. I mean, I'm going to be gone from tomorrow until something like January 3rd, but after that, I'll be able to participate pretty regularly.

I, too, am eager to continue this game.

-- Folly
Old 12-22-2005, 01:51 PM   #360
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

I'm still keen on playing and I will be around over the Christmas period though obviously my participation will be somewhat limited due to the duties that must be performed such as actually talking to other family members