The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2004, 10:18 PM   #1
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Knight of Gondor has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Knight of Gondor
Thumbs up Return of the King Extended Edition Support Group! (Why not?)

'Twas recently suggested to me that I get a head start on the support group for the Return of the King extended edition. As far as I know, it's still a good year or so away, but we might as well keep each other company. Everyone gobbled up the food from the RotK support group, so I don't have any yet, but we don't want to do goofy posts like that anyway. <P>The rumor I've heard thus far concerns the fact that the movie itself, counting extended scenes, will be nearly five hours long!! As for scenes we will see, I think most of them have already been discussed: The Mouth of Sauron is one of the biggest, in my opinion. Aragorn looking in the Palantir, some of these scenes.<P>Anyway, has anyone heard release date rumors? One rumor spoke of a RotK DVD release date (wimpy edition) in May!
Eagerly awaiting the REAL Return of the King - Jesus Christ! Revelation 19:11-16
Knight of Gondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 11:44 PM   #2
Everlen
Pile O'Bones

Everlen has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

in support group do you mean things we definitly want to see in the extended edition or something totally different?
Everlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 12:08 AM   #3
Kalimac
Candle of the Marshes

Kalimac has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

Three words.<P>Houses.<P>Of. <P>Healing.
Old 01-03-2004, 12:16 AM   #4
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

One word.<P>Sam.<P>Okay, two words.<P>More. Sam.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 03:11 AM   #5
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hello? What about Saurman and Grima! The two who were mercifully cut out of the theatrical edition.<P>Oh and I am also hoping for a scene where the Fellowship says goodbye and goes their separate ways. And maybe an ending with parts of the appendices included. Oh, and how about the Crossroads... I could go on, and on, and on.<P>I really can't wait for this EE. This is the one that I am probably the most excited about. Just because there is so much more great material that they have, but they didn't include.<P>All I have really heard about the EE is that it may come out at the same time as the others, in early November, or that it may come out in August. But it is going to take awhile. They still have to do the extra CGI shots, the editing, the music, and the putting together of the documentaries and extras. I have also heard of the possibility of multiple endings (I heard something about PJ shooting five different endings), and of course the ever present rumor of a full trilogy box set with blooper reel. So we have many exciting things to come in the months ahead, and we will most definitely need a group to offer support <p>[ 4:20 AM January 03, 2004: Message edited by: Gorwingel ]
Old 01-03-2004, 06:27 AM   #6
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Is the rumour about the theatrical dvd coming out in May a decided false rumour now?<BR>Because if it is true (fingers crossed), the extended version should be out in August.<BR>I don't think I could hold on until November.<P>Two extremely predictable words:<P>More Denethor.
Old 01-03-2004, 09:36 AM   #7
Daisy Brambleburr
Shade of Carn Dûm

Daisy Brambleburr has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

There's so much I'd like to see in the EE, but these are the main things.<P>-Houses of Healing (top priority) <BR>-Mouth of Sauron <BR>-Saruman and Grima (of course)<BR>-More Merry (him pledging his sword and so on)<BR>-and the crossroads. 'The King has got his crown again', or suchlike.<P>I'd love a blooper reel, but I hope it's not just included in the box set. It's all I can do to afford the single DVD. Pity us poor souls with no money!<p>[ 10:38 AM January 03, 2004: Message edited by: Daisy Brambleburr ]
Old 01-03-2004, 10:35 AM   #8
Arathiriel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arathiriel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arathiriel
Silmaril

Oh man - if only ROTK EE would come out in August - and here's what I'd like to see when it does come out:<P><UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>The Houses of Healing<LI>The relationship Merry had with Theoden in the books - was disappointed we didn't get to see that!<LI>I want to see the fight between Eowyn and the Witch-King extended to where it resembles the book more!<LI>The Mouth of Sauron!<LI>Aragorn looking into the palantir<LI>Saruman and Grima getting theirs!<LI>And I would love to see Aragorn's coronation to resemble more what was in the book!<LI>Aragorn and Arwen's wedding as well as Faramir and Eowyn's!<LI>Theoden's funeral with the Rohirrim singing as they did in the book!<LI>Oh also I want more Frodo and Sam - especially MORE Sam!</UL><P>LOL - I'll end the list there before it gets to be a mile long!<p>[ 11:37 AM January 03, 2004: Message edited by: Arathiriel ]
Old 01-03-2004, 10:39 AM   #9
thephantomcredits
Animated Skeleton

thephantomcredits has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I happen to be of the opinion that a glimpse of a visible Sauron would have been nice. Maybe a EE inclusion. If not I am still excited to see many things I know that are waiting to be seen. Gandalf and the Witch King, Aragorn and the Palantiri, more battle shots, More time of Aragorn in Minas Tirith before they leave to the black gate, The fate of the rest of the fellowship unfolded (Gimli, Legolas, Etc), The Mouth of Sauron. As far a a length I think 5 hours might be a bit of a strech. 4.5 at the most. However the more the better.
Old 01-03-2004, 12:26 PM   #10
Frodo2968thewhite
Haunting Spirit

Frodo2968thewhite has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Frodo2968thewhite
Ring

These are the things that I would like to see in the EE:<BR>-Saruman & Grima (the more Chris Lee, the better!!)<BR>-Houses of Healing<BR>-Mouth of Sauron!<BR>-Merry's pledge<BR>-crossroads<BR>-the weddings<BR>-more in the Shire<BR>-Aragorn dying<BR>-the rest of the Fellowship<BR>-And A LOT MORE.......
Old 01-03-2004, 12:42 PM   #11
Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Everlen- the support group is basically a group for everyone to support each other while eagerly waiting for the EE which doesn't come out for AGES...so yeah, I'm sure you'll have gathered by now that we definitely want it...<P>I want Houses of Healing, Merry and Théoden, More Sam is good, Mouth of Sauron would just be cool man...I think you guys have covered it. How much of the stuff we want have they actually filmed?<P>Ooh, Knight of Gondor, I LOVE your avvie!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-03-2004, 01:09 PM   #12
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

Five hours??? SWEEETNESSSS!!!!!!!!!!!<P>*looks around to see if anyone else noticed her extremely un-royal behavior*<P><BR>I'm not even going to try to write a list of all the things that I want because it'll probably take up five pages.
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 04:38 PM   #13
Silmiel of Imladris
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmiel of Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Silmiel of Imladris
Sting

I do believe that the "your hands are cold scene" with Arwen and Elrond will be longer. I have seen pictures of Arwen sitting on the same couch with Elrond in front of her with her hand on his cheek. I have also seen in the preview where she jumps up and hugs him. I also hope the "you gave away your life's grace; I cannot protect you anymore" scene with Elrond will be in there. I also think the Anduril scene will be extented with Elrond's line "this is your test, your travel's through widerness, through war have lead to this road." But most of all I want to see Legolas and Gimli sailing into the west.<P>Another part that could be added is when Sam must hold up the vial to get past the statues at the tower of Cirth Ungol. Just the way the theatrical verson was cut at this part tells me that it is possible something could be added.

Figwit on his name: Are you suggesting that I have the wit of a fig?
Silmiel of Imladris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 04:47 PM   #14
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Three words:<P>Mouth.<BR>Of.<BR>Sauron.<P>And four other words:<P>More.<BR>Merry.<BR>And.<BR>Pippin.<P>Abed ithon le,<P>~*~Aranel, the Obvious Pippin Fancier~*~
Old 01-03-2004, 04:50 PM   #15
Galadel Vinorel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Galadel Vinorel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Galadel Vinorel Send a message via Yahoo to Galadel Vinorel
Tolkien

I heard that the Romance of Faramir and Eowyn will be in the extended version.<P>I do hope, though, that the put in th escene where Aragorn finds the young seed of the White Tree of Gondor and the part when Arwen gives her necklace to Frodo. I love those parts.
“Words can never convey the incredible impact of our attitude toward life. The longer I live the more convinced I become that life is 10 percent what happens to us and 90 percent how we respond to it." -Charles R. Swindoll
Galadel Vinorel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 04:52 PM   #16
Lady Snickerdoodle
Shade of Carn Dûm

Lady Snickerdoodle has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I can't wait for it! August you say? *daddy daddy get it for my birthday*<P>I want to see:<BR>-more Leggy <BR>-no more frodo-wimpiness<BR>-a nicer denethor (maybe they cut out the good parts, who knows)<BR>-houses of healing<BR>-umm, everything else that was said already
Old 01-03-2004, 04:58 PM   #17
Teleri
Animated Skeleton

Teleri has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Houses of healing <P>The weddings <P>Gandalf and the witch king <P>crossroads <P>the fellowship saying goodbye<P>Theoden and Merry<P>The wizard formerly know as white and his "faithful" servent Grima of the wormy tounge. <P>More Sam, yesss precious. Sam and the ring, Sam and the Watchersess, Sam saying good by to his lovely potsess. And when the nassty orcsess think he's an elf. We loves that part, yes we does, precious.
Old 01-03-2004, 06:37 PM   #18
Enorëiel
Wight

Enorëiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Support group already? Good! I need it!!!!<P>I'd die happy if the EE is five hours long!!! <P>I really want to see:<P>- mouth of Sauron<BR>- Saruman and Grima<BR>- Houses of Healing<BR>- The Crossroads (There's kind of a picture of that in one of the many behind the scenes LOTR books)<BR>- Merry pledging his sword<BR>- Elven warrior Sam (they didn't portray that image too well in the movie and it's something I really loved from the book!)<BR>- More shire<BR>- Gandalf and the Witch King<BR>- More of the Weddings<BR>- Faramir and Eowyn (I need more that a split second of those two together!)<BR>- Aragorn + palantir<BR>- Theoden's funeral<BR>- The Fellowship saying goodbye<BR>- more of Frodo's struggle in the end (I mean when he's leaving - they need to show a better job of WHY he's leaving (tons of my friends didn't get this))<BR>- More... more of anything else anyone can think of!<P>I can't think of any more at the moment but in a few days my list may lengthen. Oo! And a blooper reel that would be awesome!<p>[ 7:41 PM January 03, 2004: Message edited by: Enorëiel ]

Whoever said "Nothing is impossible" never tried to slam a revolving door.
Enorëiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 06:59 PM   #19
Lathriel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Wandering through Middle-Earth (Sadly in Alberta and not ME)
Lathriel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I would love to see more of Faramir!<BR>Houses of healing and pretty much everything that has been mentioned.<BR>I would really like to see Aragorn looking into the Palantir.<BR>And the Mouth of sauron because they have to get back the Mithril coat! That thing is too expensive to just be left lying around in Mordor.<BR>also the watchers would be nice.<BR>Another thing in the EE PJ better explain himself! PJ why is Arwen connected to the ring. Why oh why did you do this to us!!! It doesn't make any sense!
Old 01-03-2004, 08:21 PM   #20
Everlen
Pile O'Bones

Everlen has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

ALL of the above! Yes! but especially Eowyn and Faramir. I also want to see the death of Gothmog... the hairy-brain/orc captain. Eomer finding Eowyn after the battle of Pellenor. On the trailer it showed a split second shot of him holding someone w/ blond hair (it had to be her) and he was crying. It was heartbreaking! I definately want to see that one! But do you think they will put in the Mouth of Sauron? In the books that one orc got away with the the Mithril shirt and took it to Barad-Dur but in the movie it doesn't show that... well I suppose it could... nevermind me then. <BR>And what about Gan-Buri-Gan!?!
Everlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 10:04 PM   #21
Teleri
Animated Skeleton

Sting

Thank you Enorëiel! Someone else who thinks elven warrior/tark/rebel orcs/Sam is great! Though that part of the book made me feel pathetic. Never, in the four years I had known how to read, had a book sent me so quickly from bawling to hysterics (I was REALLY glad I didn't read that particular chapter on the school bus). <P>Also: did anyone notice (stupid question, really, I'm sure you all did) how in Mordor, Frodo and Sam are wearing orc gear one moment, and then the next time we see them they are in their old clothes again (somehow Frodo even got his suspenders back, and notice Sams lack of pots at Mount Doom)? This leads me to think we may yet see when Frodo says the gear is too much for him, and the part where Sam (poor old Sam) parts with his beloved cooking gear.
Old 01-04-2004, 04:19 PM   #22
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Yay! I can't wait. I head that RotK:EE is supposed to be 1 hour and 10 minutes longer, so around 4hrs, 40 min total. I alsoheard that it's not supposed to come out until 2005, but that can't be right, can it? *starts to worry* I hope that it'll come out before then. I'd like to see the part from the trailer where Merry says to Pippin "We shall see the Shire again." Plus all the other stuff mentioned. Oh, and the Mouth of Sauron wil definitely be in RotK:EE. They have a page or two about him in the book <I>The Lord of the Rings: Weapons and Warfare</I>, which only deals with movie stuff. That is one very cool book. You guys should see it. Also, in the RotK visual companion, they have a section on when Frodo and Sam are disguised as Orcs, and the end up in that one group of them. A very funny thing happened today. My mom was watching the Green Bay Packers game (they're an American football team, in case you didn't know. My family are all total cheeseheads) and my brother suddenly said "That music sounds familliar." The two of us suddenly dashed into the living room (we weren't watching the game), only to see that they were playing <I>The Prophecy</I>, from FotR! I am happy to report that the Packers won with a last-minute touchdown in overtime. I think it had to do with the fact that they played LotR music (which is always lucky).
Old 01-04-2004, 04:41 PM   #23
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Houses of Healing: Yes, yes, I forgot to include that!<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I want to see the fight between Eowyn and the Witch-King extended to where it resembles the book more!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I don’t think there will be much extended stuff on this part.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> The relationship Merry had with Theoden in the books - was disappointed we didn't get to see that!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yep, that too. It’s amazing the stuff that was excluded from the final cut, after so much promotional stuff had been released about it. Online pictures, and even the visual aid and photo guide both talked of stuff that wasn’t in the movie. <P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>And I would love to see Aragorn's coronation to resemble more what was in the book!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yep, that’d be good. <P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Aragorn and Arwen's wedding as well as Faramir and Eowyn's! Theoden's funeral with the Rohirrim singing as they did in the book!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>These are two things we probably will not see a whole lot more of, although there should be a little more involved with Aragorn’s coronation! We waited two movies for this, and Aragorn waited a good 60 years for it — and only a few minutes of it? Well, don’t want to be too critical of it, because I loved every minute of it.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I happen to be of the opinion that a glimpse of a visible Sauron would have been nice. Maybe a EE inclusion.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Eh...I disagree, I don’t think any visible representation of Sauron would be an improvement.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Aragorn dying<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>No, I can pretty much certainly say that we won’t see this. It was already pretty much covered in “flash forwards” in The Two Towers, Elrond’s predictions. I think the focus at the end of the movie would want to be more on the victories, the triumphs, and then shifting back to the hobbits’ return home.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> How much of the stuff we want have they actually filmed?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Correct me if I miss anything, and I’ll tell you what I know. We all know they filmed Saruman’s demise. The Crossroads, we’ve seen pictures released of that, so we know it’s been filmed. The Palantír, this was most likely. The thing is, in the visual companion, it says Sauron showed Aragorn the lifeless image of Arwen when he looked in the Palantír. It said that this shattered the power of the Evenstar, and the pendant Arwen gave him shattered. So did the visual aid just mix it up, the dream that he had and the scene where he looked in the Palantír? The Houses of Healing was filmed, and is going to be in the EE.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Ooh, Knight of Gondor, I LOVE your avvie!!!!!!!!!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Thank you. I liked the Ring personally too, but it was too big and I was requested to chose another. I looked and looked for a White Tree avatar, and this one works. I hope to find one of the MOVIE version of the emblem, but this one’s good for now. <P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I do believe that the "your hands are cold scene" with Arwen and Elrond will be longer. I have seen pictures of Arwen sitting on the same couch with Elrond in front of her with her hand on his cheek.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>*Rolls eyes* That’s all we need, more Arwen.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I have also seen in the preview where she jumps up and hugs him. I also hope the "you gave away your life's grace; I cannot protect you anymore" scene with Elrond will be in there.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Gee, I forgot about that part. What IS it with them releasing stuff for a preview that won’t be in the film?? I’m STILL wondering where that shot of Éomer riding slowly and lowering his spear from the TTT preview goes. <P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> But most of all I want to see Legolas and Gimli sailing into the west.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I think I can conclusively state that you won’t see that. <P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I do hope, though, that the put in th escene where Aragorn finds the young seed of the White Tree of Gondor<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I know! I wanted more White Tree too. It’s, after all, the defining emblem of Gondor! And the Tree itself looked quite shabby in the version. The trunk was at a very decided lean! I doubt they will do the sapling scene, though...probably just a healing of the old one.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> no more frodo-wimpiness<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>This is the EXTENDED version, Lady Snickerdoodle. If anything, we’ll see more.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Elven warrior Sam (they didn't portray that image too well in the movie and it's something I really loved from the book!)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I thought they did it pretty well! The orcs cowered to see the shadow, then thought it was a wimpy hobbit they could take on — and found out they thought wrong! Like many things, it wasn’t taken verbatim from the books, but still pretty good.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Oo! And a blooper reel that would be awesome!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>It’ll be fun...but I think that’s probably going to be year after next, from what I hear from one guy on the news talking about it. A trilogy set. You know, how they wait to do that, like they did with that *other* trilogy Star Warped?<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I would really like to see Aragorn looking into the Palantir.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>By the way, in the movie, why the heck does Aragorn act all weak when he picks up the Palantír?? He picks it up from Pippin, and then rolls on the floor.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> also want to see the death of Gothmog... the hairy-brain/orc captain.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yeah! I think a combined effort of Gimli and Aragorn kill him...if I remember correctly from that 60 Minutes behind the scenes thing.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Eomer finding Eowyn after the battle of Pellenor. On the trailer it showed a split second shot of him holding someone w/ blond hair (it had to be her) and he was crying. It was heartbreaking! I definately want to see that one!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>A preliminary report on TheOneRing.net indicated this scene would yank our hearts. As if the rest of RotK didn’t!<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> And what about Gan-Buri-Gan!?!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Probably not.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Also: did anyone notice (stupid question, really, I'm sure you all did) how in Mordor, Frodo and Sam are wearing orc gear one moment, and then the next time we see them they are in their old clothes again (somehow Frodo even got his suspenders back, and notice Sams lack of pots at Mount Doom)? This leads me to think we may yet see when Frodo says the gear is too much for him, and the part where Sam (poor old Sam) parts with his beloved cooking gear.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yep. Kind of like in Fellowship, where *zap* and they have the Elven cloaks. They’ll almost surely show more of this.
Eagerly awaiting the REAL Return of the King - Jesus Christ! Revelation 19:11-16
Old 01-04-2004, 08:39 PM   #24
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

In the actors' commentary on the extended DVD, Wood says something about that pack that Astin had to carry for almost the entire shoot, at least until he threw it away.<P>I wouldn't be surprised if we get the scene were Frodo and Sam through their gear down a fisure. I certainly hope so. I love that scene.<P>H.C.
Old 01-04-2004, 09:45 PM   #25
Laitoste
Wight

Laitoste has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Really, Orominuialwen? Your family too? My mom's side of the family is sickeningly obsessed with the Packers. It drives me insane (I hate football). I heard the music too, and it angered me. How dare they defile my precious LOTR??? ATTACK!!!<P>Anyway, I'm really looking forward to the EE. It's gonna be great (duh. Did I even have to say that?) I can't wait to see the Houses of Healing. I love that part. *cough* More Eomer. *cough* Please?? And once I finish rereading ROTK, I will have a longer list...oh, and better characterisation of Faramir and Denethor. They weren't similar enough. I doubt that'll happen. I hated the way they portrayed Denethor, especially how he fell on the fire, by accident. If I remember correctly, it was no accident that Denethor burns. It diminishes his character tenfold. (Thanks to my friend for pointing this out to me. She's just finishing LOTR for the first time. Three cheers for her!)
Old 01-04-2004, 11:32 PM   #26
mollecon
Wight

mollecon has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I'll believe the DVD's (both theatrical & EE version) comes out earlier in the year than the previous ones - WHEN I SEE IT!<P>Concerning the length of the RotK EE - I've heard two different interviews with PJ where he answers questions about this; in one he says (well) over one hour extra, in the other he said a good ½ hour. Unfortunately, he sounded much more 'real' when he mentioned just over ½ an hour <P>And there might be good financial reasons for this. If the EE RotK get much longer than the TT EE, it'll have to be on more than 2 DVD's! With all the extra stuff in the form of DST sound & all that, there's simply not enough room... So if we get a very long (+4 hours) version, we're either looking at a 5 DVD boxset, or one where there's less extra material on one of the DVD's to make room for more movie.<P>Sorry to sound pessimistic, but...
mollecon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 07:05 AM   #27
Essex
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Essex has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR> But most of all I want to see Legolas and Gimli sailing into the west.<BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<P>I think I can conclusively state that you won’t see that.<BR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I don't think it's that conclusive. Take a look at part of an interview from Harry Knowles's website. It was titled "Mr Beaks whispers with Fran Walsh & The Queen of the Geeks re: RETURN OF THE KING!"<P>The interviewee is talking to Fran Walsh and Phillipa Boyens. Take a look.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> On the other side, there’s the much longer ending. <BR>PB: Oh, are you kidding? We could’ve gone on for a half-hour if you wanted to play out the whole ending. <P>Was there some discussion at any point of, at least, a credit call or a narration of what happened to everybody? It seems like, in the book, a lot of the characters wind up going into the west. <P>PB: <B>That will probably appear in the DVD. <BR></B> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Here's hoping this is true. To come from PB is pretty much directly from the horses mouth....
Essex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 10:25 AM   #28
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

I just saw this clip of Legolas challenging Gimli and some other Rohirrim to a drinking game, in Meduseld. Perhaps that will be in the EE!!!! <P><BR>*definitely has something to look forward to, since her pet Elf is going to get drunk*
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 10:40 PM   #29
Lathriel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

I think I saw a picture in the ROTK visual companion where there was gandalf on Shadowfax with Pippin behind and they seemed to be facing the Nazgul King.<BR>I looked for that moment in the movie but I didn't notice it.<BR>On the EE, perhaps?
Old 01-06-2004, 06:43 AM   #30
Kidd2323
Animated Skeleton

Kidd2323 has just left Hobbiton.
White-Hand

I've read that there is a seven minute scene with Sauruman and Wormtongue that was cut out of TTT to be put in RotK but it was cut from it too, and now it will make the RotK-EE. <BR>Personally, I hope we get to see the Woses.
Old 01-06-2004, 03:01 PM   #31
Elassar 516

Elassar 516 has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

Among other things (most are alreay listed) I wan't to see more Mordor and Ghân-buri-Ghân would be nice!
Elassar 516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 03:14 PM   #32
Phervasaion
Shade of Carn Dûm

Phervasaion has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Does anyone know if Beregonds in the EE of RotK?. I wanted to see him in the origional but PJ didnt put him in.
Old 01-06-2004, 05:17 PM   #33
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I was on War of the Ring yesterday I found some info on RotK:EE. Here it is. <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> LORD of the Rings fans who feel third film Return of the King is too long at three hours 21 minutes should brace themselves for the DVD release - director Peter Jackson plans a FIVE-HOUR version.<P>Movie house New Line Cinema will also get in on the act by screening 12-HOUR marathons of the complete full-length Tolkien trilogy in the summer. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> So that means that RotK:EE could be even longer than previously thought (if the article is reliable). Also, maybe another Trilogy Tuesday-type showing. And it'll be during the summer (of what year, I don't know) so I won't have to go to school that day! <P>Yes Laitoste, my mom loves the Packers. It's rather funny because she likes football much more than my dad, who doesn't really care about it. I'm not too into football myself, but I don't mind it as long as nobody tries to get me to play it or watch it (when I am forced to play it in gym class, it becomes the most evil sport in the world). But I was glad they played LotR music. It shows that the people there like the music, and the more people who like LotR-related stuff, the better.(One of my missions in life is to convince everybody I know to read LotR.) So even if you hate football, it's more effective to convert your enemies to your side than to defeat them.<P>Another thing I'd like to see is Pippin kill the troll at the battle of the Morannon. Plus, more of Eldarion.
Old 01-06-2004, 09:17 PM   #34
Lathriel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

That is great news. I know what me and my friends will be doing this summer then!<BR>Go watch it of course. That will be fun, though we will probably be stiff at the end!<BR>Yup I'm getting ready for the Marathon!
Old 01-06-2004, 09:28 PM   #35
Gimpel the Fool
Pile O'Bones

Gimpel the Fool has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Gimpel the Fool
White-Hand

If all goes according to plan, I shall see the Mouth of Sauron, an extension on Faramir and Eowyn's love-life, and OF COURSE what happened to Saruman!!

"As epic as you are, we must adjourn this meeting and return in the future"
Gimpel the Fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 10:16 PM   #36
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Question

On another note, has anyone heard what sort of stuff there will be with the gift set for RotK? We got the Fellowship one with the Argonath bookends (sweet) but not the TTT one because who wants a slimy Gollum? They should have done Barad-dur and Orthanc, in my opinion. But what for the RotK version, I wonder?
Old 01-07-2004, 07:16 AM   #37
Enedbelethiel
Animated Skeleton

Enedbelethiel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I would love to see a few more DVD extras. What a treat it would be to view Elijah Wood's home-made screen test that he sent in to PJ or a few of the bloopers the actors made during filming (perhaps even the gag reel that most of them have been speaking about)! I personally also just love looking for those hidden DVD easter eggs, and I hope PJ puts a few more of those. Do you all think that this is likely? More behind-the-scenes stuff between the actors would be great, too. Can't wait!
Old 01-07-2004, 07:31 AM   #38
Enedbelethiel
Animated Skeleton

Enedbelethiel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> On another note, has anyone heard what sort of stuff there will be with the gift set for RotK? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Hopefully, it will be a miniature of Minas Tirith! That would be wonderful to have.
Old 01-07-2004, 09:58 PM   #39
Teleri
Animated Skeleton

Sting

Maybe there will be a gag reel. In TTT and FoTR DVD's there was a preview of the next movie. They'll have to replace that with something.
Old 01-08-2004, 12:22 PM   #40
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hopefully this will quell those five hour long extended editions rumours, though likely not.<P><A HREF="http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0&s=1&c=2999" TARGET=_blank>DVD Answers</A><P>Jackson was misquoted earlier and the actual runtime will be around 4 hours and 15 minutes, which still means close to an hour of extra material.<P>H.C.