Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2007, 03:42 AM   #161
Dunwen
Wight

Dunwen has just left Hobbiton.
I have a post nearly finished. Since Edin Cengal is an NPC, would it be okay for Sam to suggest him as a source of information? Or would that be Toby's job?

I'm also hoping to be more involved again, at least before holiday madness hits.

Thanks, Dunwen
Old 11-08-2007, 06:06 PM   #162
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Go ahead Dunwen, Kuric will wait.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:07 PM   #163
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Dunwen, feel free to suggest away.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:18 AM   #164
Dunwen
Wight

Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil View Post
Go ahead Dunwen, Kuric will wait.
Morm, if you've got something ready it won't hurt my feelings if you post it. Part of the pleasure of RPGs for me is working with what others write.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:06 PM   #165
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunwen View Post
Morm, if you've got something ready it won't hurt my feelings if you post it. Part of the pleasure of RPGs for me is working with what others write.

I didn't have anything specific other than it would work for Kuric to jump in but the more I think about it the more I think it's not great. I have a good idea that may work though. Since Sam wanted to talk to Kuric anyway, Kuric could be fairly contrary to Sam which would allow Sam to bring it up. I think those two should end up in the same group.

Speaking of the two groups, we best ensure that we have enough active players in each group so that both groups move in relative tandem.
Old 11-10-2007, 12:18 AM   #166
Dunwen
Wight

Quote:
Since Sam wanted to talk to Kuric anyway, Kuric could be fairly contrary to Sam which would allow Sam to bring it up. I think those two should end up in the same group.
ROTFL! Great potential for conflict and/or comedy

I'll be posting in the game within the next couple of hours -- write on!
Old 11-14-2007, 01:09 PM   #167
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Hello, I was wondering if you guys might need another player. I've been reading your story and I'd really like to join.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:05 AM   #168
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Home. Where rolling green hills and clear rivers are practically my backyard.
Finduilas is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Greetings Redbeard! I am sorry that no one has gotten back to you, our game administrators haven't been on the Downs much lately. I can't answer your request, as I'm not them, but I didn't want you to think we were ignoring you.

~Finduilas~
Old 11-17-2007, 11:21 AM   #169
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Groin Redbeard

Please check your PM's.

~*~ Pio
Old 11-20-2007, 01:41 PM   #170
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Thumbs up

All Players

There will be a new player joining your ranks in the game: Groin Redbeard.

Here's a glimpse of the character he'll be playing -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin Redbeard
I'll be playing a lone Dwarf traveler who camps near the outskirts of Bree. I hope to have him to make contact with the heroes when they start leaving the town.
He'll have his Character bio up soon.

Thanks!

~*~ Pio
Old 11-20-2007, 01:50 PM   #171
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Home. Where rolling green hills and clear rivers are practically my backyard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by piosenniel View Post
All Players

There will be a new player joining your ranks in the game: Groin Redbeard.

Here's a glimpse of the character he'll be playing -

He'll have his Character bio up soon.

Thanks!

~*~ Pio

Good! I'm glad he was accepted.

Welcome Redbeard!
Old 11-20-2007, 09:16 PM   #172
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Another dwarf, eh? Kuric is bound to have fun with this . Welcome aboard mate.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:13 AM   #173
Dunwen
Wight

Welcome aboard, Groin!
Old 11-21-2007, 07:40 AM   #174
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
^What she said...
Old 11-21-2007, 12:11 PM   #175
Dimturiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Dimturiel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Dimturiel Send a message via Yahoo to Dimturiel
Welcome, Groin.
Guys, I know that I haven't done much for the game lately, but now that I've got used to univeristy life and everything no longer seems so new and frightening, I'm back and I promise to be more involved.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:25 PM   #176
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Thank you all for your kind comments! Hope you like my character.

Name: Gorin Redbrow

Race: Dwarf

Weapons: One single handed battle axe, two small throwing axes, and one dwarven made oak shield.

Appearance: Gorin stands 4’2 feet tall with dark red hair and beard; relatively skinny for a dwarf. He is a broad shouldered, and wears a chain mail shirt.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: A quiet type of fellow, Gorin seldom speaks when he is with a group. He likes the solitude of the wilderness, but will join with anyone who is on looking for excitement. Due to his solitude, Gorin has grown accustomed to traveling at night, and is considered unstoppable when he is on the hunt. He is an extraordinary tracker, but not an extraordinary fighter.

Groin often gets into arguments with other people and uses a twisted, and some say, illogical form of logic. He will tolerate any opinion so long as it doesn’t interfere with his own. Somewhat of a bigot, Gorin despises women, but won’t openly admit it.

Gorin has made few friends since he left the Glittering Caves. He believes that his friends should be well tried before he gives them his trust; he would do anything for a friend. His motto is: “A friend to all is a friend to none.”

HISTORY: Gorin was born in the dwarven colony of the Glittering Caves. He was stern and mellow even as a child, and when the time came he left the colony with his only friend, Tro’r Worbleblade. Tro’r left Gorin when he decided to go back to the colony and marry a dwarf, whom he loved. Gorin then traveled to the northern regions of Arnor, where he found few people and much danger, just how he likes it. However, Gorin decided to travel south to the village of Bree, where he could relax and rest for a couple of days.

--------------------------------------------

EDIT: Added to Players/Characters List

~*~ Pio

Last edited by piosenniel; 11-23-2007 at 07:22 AM.
Old 11-22-2007, 03:32 AM   #177
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Looks great, Groin!

How will Gorin be met and taken along? Do the other characters just meet him the woods or something?

Who's going to post next?
Old 11-22-2007, 09:29 AM   #178
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Thanks for your approval Thinlómien.
I will have Gorin camp around two miles or so on the outskirts of Bree, planning to enter the town sometime during the day. If the adventurers are off before daybreak, or early morining they can run into him.

I would to do the next post and introduce my character. That is if it's all right.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:50 PM   #179
mormegil
Maundering Mage

I think it would be nice to have a sort of recommitment from those who are still willing to actively participate in this RPG. Having never done this before I don't know protocol on this but personally I feel a bit lost on what the next move is going to be mainly because I don't know who is active or not.

So I am active and wanting the game to progress.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:59 PM   #180
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

That is a good idea, morm, even though it makes me feel quite dreadful, because inactivity in RPGs seems to follow me like a plague.

But yes, I'm still in and willing and able to participate.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:48 PM   #181
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Still in, and should be able to post regularly.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:53 PM   #182
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Still here and ready to post!
Old 11-27-2007, 05:03 PM   #183
Dunwen
Wight

Still in!
Old 11-27-2007, 07:40 PM   #184
mormegil
Maundering Mage

So far only 5 that are committed and one of those is out of the village. How do we want to go about starting?
Old 11-28-2007, 03:55 AM   #185
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
So far only 5 that are committed and one of those is out of the village. How do we want to go about starting?
I think we should wait a few days before making any conclusions... Farael has recently come back, maybe someone could PM him, if he doesn't pop up here soon. Dimturiel and Forest Elf seem to check in relatively rarely, but frequently. As to out game owners, Firefoot and Durelin, they're both my friends on LiveJournal and Facebook, so I think I'm going to try to contact them via those channels and ask them how they feel about this RPG and how busy they are. So unless I've forgotten someone, Newsman is the only one who's disappeared and who we can't contact (as far as I know).
Old 11-28-2007, 12:13 PM   #186
Dimturiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I'm still in, guys, and very willing to go on with this game. I actually posted here a few days ago- I think it was on November 21'st, saying that I would be more involved in this game from now on. So it seems you have six people, not five.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:53 PM   #187
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Hey, all, I'm sorry it's taken me so long to respond. The truth of it is, though, that over the past couple months I've really been losing most of my interest in the Downs, nor do I have as much time as I used to for it. I could keep saying that I'll keep trying, but I'm not sure how fair that is to you all who really want to continue this game.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:28 AM   #188
Dunwen
Wight

Well, in the spirit of optimism, I shall continue working on my next post until or unless it's decided to shut this game down.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:25 PM   #189
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I think we should go on with the people we who have committed so far, and still try to contact the rest. What do you guys think?

Last edited by Groin Redbeard; 11-30-2007 at 03:09 PM.
Old 12-03-2007, 08:49 AM   #190
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Very nice post Dunwen. Now the question is...shall we go alone or should somebody come with us? Kuric will do his best to go out into the wilderness where we will meet up with Groin.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:01 AM   #191
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Fin, what do you think Ash&Lea should do? I have the feeling they would go to the same place, but which one?
Old 12-03-2007, 12:41 PM   #192
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ash and Lea would definitely go together. I would say with Kuric.

Edit: Maybe not. We need to balance the active players, so we need to wait till others have responded.
Old 12-03-2007, 12:52 PM   #193
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finduilas View Post
Ash and Lea would definitely go together. I would say with Kuric.

Edit: Maybe not. We need to balance the active players, so we need to wait till others have responded.
Those were my thoughts
Old 12-03-2007, 02:44 PM   #194
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ok, so we're going in Two groups: one to investigate and one track the "thing"? And I'm assuming Kuric will be leading one group?
Old 12-06-2007, 05:20 AM   #195
Dimturiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I have a suggestion. What if Erling goes with Kuric and Sam to see Edin Cengal? I was thinking that as it's about gathering news, that would appeal to Erling most. And maybe I could also say that Edin is slightly acquainted with Erling's father, as he'll be much more easier to tackle like this. Tell me what you think guys, and if you agree I'll write something as soon as possible.
Old 12-10-2007, 03:38 PM   #196
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Let's just get our 'heroes' on the road so we can start making fun post's. If we keep the 'heroes' in the inn for the whole time, it will get boring and the RPG will be abandoned.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:17 PM   #197
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimturiel View Post
I have a suggestion. What if Erling goes with Kuric and Sam to see Edin Cengal? I was thinking that as it's about gathering news, that would appeal to Erling most. And maybe I could also say that Edin is slightly acquainted with Erling's father, as he'll be much more easier to tackle like this. Tell me what you think guys, and if you agree I'll write something as soon as possible.

Sounds good to me. Who should start the two of us out? We should work on meeting up with Groin soon.
Old 12-11-2007, 03:16 AM   #198
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Sounds good, let's get this going. because it will eventually slow down around Christmas again. *sigh* I tried to contact Durelin via Facebook but she hasn't replied. Maybe she hasn't even got my message...
Old 12-11-2007, 11:32 AM   #199
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I think once your party gets moving, the other group will go faster too.

Yes, Lommy, it will slow down, and my slowing down has already started. I will try to write a post soon, but it doesn't look necassary for a couple of posts, so go ahead Morm, Dimturiel, and Dunwen.
Old 12-11-2007, 01:15 PM   #200
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Nice post, Dimturiel. I think that will get us out the door. I'm thinking I could post next but wondering how far I should move the party? Should we collaborate and get us out of Bree? Or should I finish on the streets? I would like to take a bit longer on this post but between the three of us get us out of Bree to the point where we meet Groin. Also I forget where Edin lives...I'll go back and check but that has a great bearing if we go to him first or not.