The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-05-2003, 02:18 PM   #81
dunedain_aragorn
Animated Skeleton

dunedain_aragorn has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hahahahahahahaha! <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Legolas: A red sun rises in the East. Blood has been spilt this night.<BR>Aragorn: Goddamn elf's talking to himself again! I'm surrounded by weirdos... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Hooohooohoooo! Thanks Nieninque! That was sooo funny!
"I must take leave, I have not slept since Dunnharrow, and I am weary."said Aragorn. Merry seized his hand and kissed it."I am frightfully sorry, we have been a nuisance to you since Bree." Aragorn laughed and left them. "Was there ever any like him?" said Pippin,"Except for Gandalf of course. I believe they must be related."
dunedain_aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2003, 02:19 PM   #82
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sting

My dad loved it too. After the movie my dad (he always does) asks everyone their favorite scenes. My dad said Legolas's two moves were the greatest action moves. He really thinks "the elf" as he calls him is the coolest character. I don't think he likes Aragorn that much!
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2003, 09:36 PM   #83
Lush
Fair and Cold

Lush is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I just don't see why people are "vegetarians" I love my MEAT!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Oh, I am sure that Mr. Bloom <I>loves</I> his <I>meat</I>, but in a slightly less orthodox context.
Old 01-05-2003, 09:45 PM   #84
Faye Took
Shade of Carn Dûm

Faye Took has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Faye Took
Sting

LoL. Yeah I don't think I could ever be a vegetarian. I almost was, and tried but I couldn't Lol.
Faye Took is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 09:53 PM   #85
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Pipe

Hehehe. This made me laugh. <P>I was showing my 5 year old daughter the Two Towers calender earlier today. As I turned the pages, she looked at each new character and asked: "Is he nice or nasty?",<P>When we came to Legolas, she asked: "Is <B>she</B> nice or nasty?"<P>I couldn't have put it better myself (sorry all you Orly fans ).
Old 01-12-2003, 05:22 AM   #86
Rosolas
Animated Skeleton

Rosolas has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Legolas is just WONDERFUL!!!!! However, I do wonder how he manages to find the time to do all those little plaits in his hair, esp. just before a major battle!!<P>Orlando is ok too!!
Rosolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 07:58 AM   #87
Dark Shadow
Wight

Dark Shadow has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I don't know if this was alredy pointed out, but when he said <P>"They've turned North-East, they're taking the hobbits to Isengard"<P>I was sitting there thinking, huh?? I think you mean West Mr. Elf..... <P>Oh, and the "A red sun rises" bit was kind of... I don't know... unnecessary? <P>The only problem I really had with Legolas was that he seemed too young. He didn't have that imortal "i've been around forever" feel to him if that makes sense. <p>[ January 14, 2003: Message edited by: Dark Shadow ]
Dark Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 02:06 PM   #88
Atariel
Haunting Spirit

Atariel has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Orlando Bloom was really good as Legolas. And the reason why he looked so worried in the Fellowship of the Ring is because the stuff that happens to them just gets ****tier and ****tier. First, he joins the Fellowship. Second, it snows and he's surrounded by all these rotund mortals who sink straight through the snow. Third, Gandalf (one of the only two charcaters he actually feels an initial bond with) falls off a bridge. Fourth, he has to be blind-folded as he's led through Lorien, due to that oaf Gimli. Fifth, he has to leave Lothlorien. Sixth, he's stuck in a boat with the dead-weight-dwarf. Seventh, Frodo goes walkabouts with Gardener Sam. Eighth, Boromir dies and all Aragorn (the other character that he bonds with initially) can do is sing, and prompt him to do so aswell. and then they have to run for miles and miles and miles across the plains inhabited by smelly but nonetheless cool men, with the Dead-Weight-Dwarf. and that's only BEFORE they get to Edoras. <P>Anyhoo, he's a brilliant actor, who just happens to be good-looking as well. i don't think it should effect the way people think about him and his acting. After all, he is a human being. (Orlando, not Legolas!)<P>Oh, and it was his 26th birthday today!
Old 01-13-2003, 06:25 PM   #89
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

maikafanawen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to maikafanawen
Pipe

Today was so hecktic running around from place to place I just now got in!! I wanted to say Happy Birthday to our Orlando!! Happy 26th Orli!!! We love you!!
Old 01-14-2003, 12:58 PM   #90
lanrete
Pile O'Bones

lanrete has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Abit late, I know.. but Happy Birthday Orly! Keep up the great work!
lanrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 06:51 PM   #91
Nieninque
Haunting Spirit

Nieninque has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Anyhoo, he's a brilliant actor, who just happens to be good-looking as well. i don't think it should effect the way people think about him and his acting. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> <BR> <BR>Thank you thank you thank you! Every time I say something nice about Orlando, I get accused of being a fangirl.<BR>Can I help it that once in a blue moon awesome looks and awesome acting talent get mixed together? Same thing<BR>with Elijah, but I never get labeled a fangirl when I say I like<I> him</I>... BTW happy 26th, Orlando (says so<BR>in my signature too)
Nieninque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 03:48 AM   #92
Frwek
Pile O'Bones

Frwek has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Frwek Send a message via AIM to Frwek
Silmaril

hi..<BR> he was awwwsome.....i like the way he fights....brave and smart!!!!! Orlando rocks!!!
Frwek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 01:44 PM   #93
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Speaking of the way he fights, <A HREF="http://www.darkshire.org/~sepdet/goodies/leithioIphilinn.html" TARGET=_blank>here</A> is a superb article on archery and Legolas. Enjoy!
Old 02-02-2003, 02:13 PM   #94
luin'loki
Animated Skeleton

luin'loki has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>All he did was look worried. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>I know why.He looked worried because..<BR>a)Gandalf just fell into a bottomless pit<P>b)He feels uneasy about going to Mordor<P>c)He just got a big boo-boo<P>d)He's around complete morons and strangers<P>That's my version of it.
luin'loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 02:25 PM   #95
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

e) his hair got messed up, he will have to spend hours on it later.<P>(Sorry, I have read too many of those diarie things)
Old 02-02-2003, 05:40 PM   #96
Fanniemae99

Silmaril

They did a good job with Legolas in the film, they showed off more of what his character could do. I hope to see more of his character development in the next film.
Old 02-03-2003, 03:14 PM   #97
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

You can find some pics of him in 'Ned Kelly' <A HREF="http://www.theonering.net/movie/scrapbook/large/5927" TARGET=_blank>here.</A>
Old 02-04-2003, 08:22 AM   #98
Inderjit Sanghera
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Inderjit Sanghera has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I was impressed by him,and he gave a brilliant performance,better then his first one. Though Viggo still stole the show for me....

"Life is so beautiful"-&gt;Don Vito Corleone
Inderjit Sanghera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 03:29 PM   #99
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Sorry girls. Remember, there are always rumers going around. This one might not be true!<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Lord of the Rings heart-throb Orlando Bloom has found love - with Blue Crush beauty Kate Bosworth.<P>The 26-year-old British actor bought Bosworth, 20, a 14-carat gold bracelet, which she wore, on the same night she received it, to dinner with Johnny Depp and Bloom's other co-stars in the upcoming adventure film Pirates of the Caribbean. <P> According to American magazine US Weekly, the acting pair are currently holidaying in the Caribbean. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>There is also a pic of them <A HREF="http://www.theorlandobloomfiles.com/pictures/magazine/usweekly03feb.jpg" TARGET=_blank>here.</A><P>P.S. This might help solve the "fangirl problem" !
Old 02-07-2003, 05:31 PM   #100
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> You can find some pics of him in 'Ned Kelly' here <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Darn...why is it he can look good even with that awful hair style/beard thing? Life just isn't fair...<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Sorry girls. Remember, there are always rumers going around. This one might not be true! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Quite honestly, I would be ecstatic if he had a girlfriend. I saw a live interview with him about a week ago, and he was going on and on (and on and on and on) about how he wants a girlfriend, but that he doesn't have time and all that. The fact that it was an interview a week ago makes me think, sadly, that the rumor isn't true, but I really want him to get out there and get a <I>live</I>! Come on: he's 26! He should be dating countless young, attractive actresses and models!<P>Sorry: I'm just a bit passionate about the actors and actresses I like being happy in their lives...well: if being single makes him happy, more power to him. If not: then he should get his rear out there in the dating stream!
Old 02-10-2003, 06:45 PM   #101
Nevcairion_of_Rivendell
Pile O'Bones

Nevcairion_of_Rivendell has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

I think he did very well in the first two movies i should know i've seen FotR 50 times and TTT 4 times <BR>I like his relationship with Gimli it shows how anybody can be friends with anybody.<P><Fool of a Took throw yourself in and rid us of your stupidity-Gandalf from FotR<BR>P.O.D rocks!!!!!!!!!!
Nevcairion_of_Rivendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 06:48 PM   #102
Coral
Haunting Spirit

Location: The wonderful (That was sarcastic) State of Maryland...
Coral has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Coral
Sting

Wasn't Bloom engaged to some model for awhile? I dunno...
Old 02-10-2003, 06:55 PM   #103
Eressië Ailin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eressië Ailin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Eressië Ailin
Question

Why is everyone taliking about Orli?!?!? What happened to all of the Viggo Mortenson fans?!?! Everywhere I go I am surrounded by Orli fans!! It's driving me nuts!!!!! <P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> The only problem I really had with Legolas was that he seemed too young. He didn't have that imortal "i've been around forever" feel to him if that makes sense. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Neither did Arwen but she's -what?- like, 2690 years older than Aragorn.<P>Did you ever notice that there are two things in the movie that never -no matter how many battles and stuff they go through- get dirty? Arwen's pendant and Legolas's hair. Not one speck of blood or grime or anything!!<P>Yay for all the Viggo fans!! <P>[ February 10, 2003: Message edited by: Eressië Ailin ]<p>[ February 10, 2003: Message edited by: Eressië Ailin ]
Eressië Ailin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 03:30 PM   #104
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Um.. Eressië Ailin? Look at what thread you are in. It is called *TTT-Legolas(Orlando Bloom)*. Of course people are going to be talking about Orli! You can find Viggo fans in the *TT - Aragorn* thread.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>the rumor isn't true <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P> <P>Shucks, actually, it would be better if he was married. Then again, that hasn't stopped anyone from obsessing over any other actor. Oh well!
Old 02-11-2003, 04:36 PM   #105
Keeper of Dol Guldur
Shade of Carn Dûm

Keeper of Dol Guldur has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

A lot of guys seem to have issues with "the Bloom." I guess I just didn't care. He played a damn good Legolas, almost exactly how I imagined the pointy eared archer. He was pretty good for the part, although nobody could have foreseen how much better the parts of Gandalf and Boromir would be played out. Maybe it's just favoritism at work. I hope in RotK Legolas' braided hair gets all crazy, because of the battles, and he just has more of a wild look, so as to say, hey Mordor, this elf is a damn badass. Yeah, that'd be sweet.
"I come from yonder...Have you seen Baggins? Baggins has left, he is coming. He is not far away. I wish to find him. If he passes will you tell me? I will come back with gold." - Khamul the Easterling
Keeper of Dol Guldur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 05:04 PM   #106
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Talking about braids, if you wanted to know how to do a legolas brade, <A HREF="http://www.dreamweaverbraiding.com/Braid%20Examples/braid_examples_vari.htm" TARGET=_blank>click here.</A> <P>Also, for you Orli fans, the complete Ned Kelly trailer is up, plus an interview with Orlando.<P><A HREF="http://www.nedkellythemovie.com/index.php?action=home" TARGET=_blank>Here</A>
Old 02-19-2003, 09:10 PM   #107
Faenaduial
Wight

Faenaduial has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Legolas has a much bigger part in the extended version of FoTR but he is even better in TTT. Orlando makes the perfect elf.<P>I'm glad Orlando has talked about being a vegetarian. It's a great lifestyle and there are plenty of things to eat without eating dead cows, chickens, etc. <P>I could definetly see elves being vegetarians what with the whole loving nature thing.
Old 02-20-2003, 08:15 AM   #108
wass_up666
Pile O'Bones

wass_up666 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

imagine as a cool skateborder and all that<BR>with shades<BR>it aint that hard.<BR>he already scateborded on helms deep on a bloomin shield<BR>hee hee hee<BR>u cant argue that legolas sint cool<BR>no1 did other stunts like that<BR>(gotta watch ma language)
wass_up666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2003, 02:59 AM   #109
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote