Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-11-2004, 02:55 AM   #11
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Orofaniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orofaniel
Dark-Eye Herding

Wasn't this the best time to discuss such matters? Herding thought and gave a deep sigh. He thought for a moment about what the Orc Captain had said; “He tried to kill you, but failed,”

Herding gloated. It was true; the young lad had tried to kill him, with his very effort, but he had failed. Koran was defeated by a drunk Captain. Herding suddenly burst into a great laughter, feeling nothing but joy, the pain from his wounds were long forgotten. "What are you laughing at?" Thrákmazh growled seeming both annoyed and offended that Herding wasn't taking his question seriously enough. He didn't know though, that Herding was thinking about something else. Herding was too caught up in his own thoughts to even notice the annoyance in the Orc's eyes and continued as before, until his thoughts returned to Thrákmazh's question.

He didn't really know what to do about it. To kill Koran was of course what had to be done, and it was going to happen as well - it was only matter of when it was going to happen and how. Herding then concluded that Thrákmazh's idea wasn't bad at all. In fact it could work pretty well, with everything well planned of course. Herding was still suffering fromgreat hesitation regaring the Orc's porposal; Herding wasn't too sure though if Koran's men would betray him. Would his own men do that? Herding swallowed, as he realised the answer to his own question; if they were given the option to live, then perhaps, some of them would betray him. Some would stay truthful, wouldn’t they?. He was aware of the situation now- so all of a sudden.

"But what if Koran's men still remains true to him when we strike?" he then asked the Orc. Now fully returned to civil manners, without any obnoxious thoughts or ideas of his own. "If they remain true to him, we'll kill 'em anyway. They are fewer than us; we'll rip 'em before they even lay a hand upon us. Believe me," Thrákmazh said. It seemed comforting on Herding's part, but Herding was too wise to think that this would be likely; Koran's men were great soldiers. They wouldn't have any problems at all killing several of those filthy Orcs each. But then again, it was the question of those who would stay faithful to Koran Cenbryt in a situation like that.

"You still haven't answered my question," Thrákmazh then reminded him, speaking quite loud. "That's because it's folly to make such a decision right now," he said, looking at one of his wounds. "Ah, you're right. I didn't expect that though," the Orc said mischievously.

"Didn’t expect what, if I may ask?" Herding then asked him politely, bur curious about the meaning of Thrákmazh's most recent words. "I would have thought you'd figure out a plan of your own to revenge Koran's attack on you. But here you are, not willing to take any risks, nor even considering anything of your own. Besides, my proposal is as good as it gets, still you are hesitating..." The Orc Captain then said, looking at him with the only eye the Orc possessed. Herding felt annoyed; he could kill Koran all by himself, if it was needed; Today Koran had tried to kill him, but even if Herding was a bit drunk he hadn’t managed it. Cenbryt was weak, and Herding could crush him whenever he wanted too. As simple as that. But instead of telling this to Thrákmazh he said;

"You're wrong…"

"I haven't found time yet to plot anything against Cenbryt after the fight; remember, you entered my tent, with such a proposal in your mind as the only intention of coming here," Herding the continued. "I don't reckon there has been much time for me to think about anything yet...See my dilemma?" Herding then said finally without any interruptions.

"I see," Thrákmazh then said, unwillingly. He obviously didn't like Herding's conclusion. "You've had a lot to drink this evening..." he said, looking at the broken empty bottle..

"I'll let you rest, and think about it until tomorrow morning," Thrákmazh said trying not to seem too annoyed over not having an answer until tomorrow. Herding felt treated unfairly, as he didn't see himself as drunk to be incapable of making decisions of importance; he was fully capable of making any decisions, no matter what decisions that needed to be made.

"Hold on," Herding said, as the Orc was about to take his leave. "Captain..?" he answered. "We'll do it; we'll surrender him near Lorien, then we'll kill him," Herding then decided spontaneously, feeling the blood rush to his head. A twisted smile came across Thrákmazh face as he heard the news, and he didn’t try to hide it either, as delighted as he seemed to be. "Alright Captain Herding," he said, respectfully;" You'll get your revenge....I promise you...we'll both get what we want.."

"Let me kill Cenbryt when the time has come," Herding then said; "Let me finish him off...Let me be the very last thing he sees upon this earth until he falls into shadow...”

Last edited by Orofaniel; 08-14-2004 at 08:09 AM. Reason: Save filled- finally