The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-17-2006, 05:36 PM   #321
Grendelien
Haunting Spirit

Grendelien has just left Hobbiton.
Haha, Nogrod, every post you make me very nervous...your posts strengthen the chance of your being innocent or your being an orc, and very, very good one at that. I cannot shake the notion that you are trying (as an orc) to develop bonds with ordinary villagers. You already have Sleepy's trust, because you revealed his innocence, which I believe to be true. Could it be you are just trying to get to me next? I am willing to see you try to support your innocence and, if you really are innocent, to try to come to the realization that I am innocent as well. I can't waste anymore time! I must vote soon.
Grendelien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 05:39 PM   #322
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Kitanna 5 (Diamond I, Celuien III, Roa IV, Zali V, Kitanna VI)
Naria 1 (Sleepy II)

And Diamond: Roa's intrpretation was right: the Roman numbers are showing the order of the vote cast.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 05:39 PM   #323
Caranlondien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Caranlondien has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
In #173 She comes up with the idea, that me and Celuien are at odds concerning the quiet-ones – which clearly is not the case. Why did she make such a lie? Still, she continues, that I have made good points on my behalf.
A "lie"? I assure you, if and when I get the role of orc (or wolf), I will not be so stupid as to use lies to sway to village. That statement was an honest mistake. I thought I had read Celuien saying that she disagreed with you. As for my vote for you based on admittedly little reasoning, it's because WE HAVE NO STAND-OUT SUSPECTS! We talk and talk, but it's all paranoia and little stabs at people here and there. Nothing concrete. I've honestly seen very little in the way of good ideas recently, and I've been frustrated with that. A girl's gotta vote for someone, eh?
Caranlondien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 05:44 PM   #324
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
A friendly reminder

TheThe voting closes in 15 minutes. Given that I let Legolas IS's non-vote go I will give you all a freebie. But two unexplained no-votes will mean your death.

In-game, of course.
Old 04-17-2006, 05:45 PM   #325
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
= Grendelien
I cannot shake the notion that you are trying (as an orc) to develop bonds with ordinary villagers. You already have Sleepy's trust, because you revealed his innocence, which I believe to be true. Could it be you are just trying to get to me next? I am willing to see you try to support your innocence and, if you really are innocent, to try to come to the realization that I am innocent as well.
Welcome to the WW-game...

But really. You may not know, but this is not the first time Sleepy is trusting me with more than suspicious levels... I can't say anything else, but I hope you trust the arguments - we have nothing else to play wisely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caranlondien
A "lie"? I assure you, if and when I get the role of orc (or wolf), I will not be so stupid as to use lies to sway to village. That statement was an honest mistake. I thought I had read Celuien saying that she disagreed with you. As for my vote for you based on admittedly little reasoning, it's because WE HAVE NO STAND-OUT SUSPECTS! We talk and talk, but it's all paranoia and little stabs at people here and there. Nothing concrete. I've honestly seen very little in the way of good ideas recently, and I've been frustrated with that. A girl's gotta vote for someone, eh?
Please forgive me my playing the "advocate". I just thought we should see something new for a while (all the people have just talked of me, Roa, Diamond etc...).

Tomorrow, those of us alive, will be much wiser, and we can get to this conversation again? At least I hope, I will be part of it.
Old 04-17-2006, 05:47 PM   #326
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Naria has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Naria
I'm back. I don't believe Kitanna to be a orc....and I know that I'm no orc soooo. I think I will be voting for a third party.

In my most suspicious list I have

Celuien
Nogrod
Roa
Grend

I will be voting for one of these four toDay
Naria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 05:48 PM   #327
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

How many of us here? If just Caran, Grend and me, we have no chances to avoid Kitanna being lynched... I'm not sure she is an orc, but on my suspicion list, she stands quite high anyhow (the suicide thing got me thinking - I admit).
Old 04-17-2006, 05:48 PM   #328
Grendelien
Haunting Spirit

Does Findeasea have yet to vote as well?
Old 04-17-2006, 05:50 PM   #329
Findëasëa
Haunting Spirit

Findëasëa has just left Hobbiton.
I have not voted yet.
Findëasëa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 05:50 PM   #330
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grendelien
Does Findeasea have yet to vote as well?
Yes, she does.

EDIT: X-posted with Findësëa
Old 04-17-2006, 05:51 PM   #331
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
People who have voted:

Diamond, Sleepy, Celuien, Roa, Zali, Kitanna

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 05:51 PM   #332
Caranlondien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Okay, the people who have been under suspicion lately:

Grendelien: I just don't find her suspicious. There's something earnest in her tone, and I'm not ready to vote for her yet.

Nogrod: I've expressed my suspicions of him. I still don't trust him. I have no background playing WW with him, so this is only theorizing, but... as an orc, would Nogrod be so defensive about my case against him? It would look very suspicious if/when it's found out that I'm innocent. And he strikes me as the kind of player who wouldn't make a mistake like that.

Kitanna: She just voted for herself, possibly ensuring she'll be lynched. Not so high on my list anymore.

Roa: No one else seems to really suspect her anymore. I can't drop her off my radar, though. I don't think I'll vote for her toDay.

Naria: Sleepy suspects her. And I trust his innocence. With time racing by and just a few minutes left to vote... I might very well trust in his opinion. But I'm not ready to use that as a reason just yet...

I know that not all of you left can be orcs. Any other suspect ideas? We can still save Kitanna!
Old 04-17-2006, 05:51 PM   #333
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

9 minutes people, hurry up!

Old 04-17-2006, 05:52 PM   #334
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Any other cases in mind, anyone? We are five, if i reckon it right. We would need a sixtht to turn the tables... in case Naria doesn't want to vote for herself. (And I wouldn't like that)
Old 04-17-2006, 05:52 PM   #335
Findëasëa
Haunting Spirit

Hmm… lots of votes for Kitanna. I am not sure what I think of her, so I will not be joining in this trend. As I described earlier toDay, I think that it is highly plausible that Jenny was very careful in the wording of her last bunch of posts. Of the four people that she mentioned as dangerous I believe at least one is a wereorc. I ruled out Spawn, for obvious reasons, and Nogrod, for reasons mentioned in my earlier post. I was left suspecting Diamond and Roa. Upon further consideration, Diamond seems a lot less suspicious. She was attacked by at least one confirmed orc the first day. This does not seem to be a logical tactic, as this attack nearly resulted in Diamond’s demise. Roa is the only person left of the four listed. I hope that I am not limiting myself meaninglessly to these four, but I feel that it would be sloppy of me not to follow my logic in this case.
Roa always acts the ‘helpful innocent.’ I am not sure if this is her usual approach, it just seems like a clever way to say a lot without contributing or giving away her opinions. I vote for Roa, not necessarily because I am convinced of her guilt, but because she is the strongest suspect that I have at this time.
++Roa_Aoife
Old 04-17-2006, 05:55 PM   #336
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Roa always acts the ‘helpful innocent.’ I am not sure if this is her usual approach, it just seems like a clever way to say a lot without contributing or giving away her opinions.
It is my usual approach (some people here can vouch for that) and I was under the impression that I was contributing and stating opinions quite a bit.

Old 04-17-2006, 05:55 PM   #337
Caranlondien
Shade of Carn Dûm

I'm sorry but I have to leave. I don't know who else to vote for.

++Naria

EDIT: Cross-posted... unfortunately... with Findeasea
Old 04-17-2006, 05:56 PM   #338
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

4 minutes!

Old 04-17-2006, 05:57 PM   #339
Grendelien
Haunting Spirit

I'm sorry, Nogrod, but I just can't shake this suspicion yet. If you are innocent, I really, really hope you survive, which looks like might happen. I do not mean to be deceitful by saying that I will eventually give you a chance if you survive. There is this overwhelming feeling that I can't shake just yet. For now, I have to do what I feel is right at this moment. I'm sorry if you are innocent.

++Nogrod
Old 04-17-2006, 05:57 PM   #340
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Well, there seems to be no point in voting right now. Kitanna is dead, and that's it.

So as my vote will be of no consequence, I might just show my contempt to the way Legolas iS has played (she will be dead also?), newvie as she is... Sorry Legolas. Come again, but try to play too!

++ Legolas in Spandex
Old 04-17-2006, 05:57 PM   #341
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Naria has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Naria
I'm voting

++Grendelien

No time to explain now, if i'm alive next Day I will try and explain.
Naria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 05:57 PM   #342
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

What is this? There are villagers her who aren't helping a bit! Vote people! Stop waiting for the last second or you'll miss the dead line!

Edit, cross posted with last 3 posts... nevermind...

Old 04-17-2006, 05:59 PM   #343
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grendelien
I'm sorry, Nogrod, but I just can't shake this suspicion yet. If you are innocent, I really, really hope you survive, which looks like might happen. I do not mean to be deceitful by saying that I will eventually give you a chance if you survive. There is this overwhelming feeling that I can't shake just yet. For now, I have to do what I feel is right at this moment. I'm sorry if you are innocent.

++Nogrod
Don't worry... Hope we can discuss more tomorrow
Old 04-17-2006, 06:03 PM   #344
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

TIME!!!! Cease posting, death scene coming up
Old 04-17-2006, 06:56 PM   #345
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

It was a rather slow day in the village, voting-wise. It seemed some people had secretly celebrated the lynching of JennyHallu and many a hung-over face could be seen. Some accusations were tossed about, some accusations were responded to. For most of the day, Kitanna was the lead candidate for lynching, accumulating 5 votes as the day went on. There were still about six more people to vote and the time of the lynching was drawing closer, when something extremely unlikely happened.

Grendelien, Naria and Nogrod decided to vote at the exact same time. Their votes were swiftly recorded on the vot-a-tron and thus this sudden cheap-shot of destiny sealed Kitanna’s fate.

They grabbed her and tied her to a long pole. Yet they could not decide what to do with her, so they left the pole leaning against Farael’s lab wall and huddled up to decide what to do.

Nogrod: “I say we burn her. These wereorcs deserve nothing better”

Naria: “No, we’d spend too much firewood, and for some reason it’s still freezing cold even though we are supposed to be in mid-winter right now. How about we throw here on the river and let her drown?’

SleepyBarrel: “No, she’d float… she’s tied to a pole”

toc toc toc toc toc toc toc

Grendelien: “Sleepy! You promised not to kill anyone else after Day 1”

Sleepy: “Its not me.. what IS that noise?”

Naria: “Erm, Roa where did you get that pole from?”

Roa_aoife: “Oh, yes I forgot to tell you. I found it in your flower shop”

Naria: “Did that pole happened to have a hole close to the top?”

Celuien: “Why, yes! It was the perfect size to fit Kitanna’s head on”

Naria: “Did anyone look inside the hole to see what was in?”

The question was answered by many embarrassed looks.

Naria: “I will share a secret with you…’

Findëasëa: “She is a wereorc!! Lynch her!!”

Naria: “See why I hardly ever talk? It’s impossible with you guys. No, I’m not a wereorc. What I was going to say is that I.. .well, I have a pet woodpecker. That log of yours is it’s home”

The villagers went pale as they heard the knocking sound again

Azaelia went to her house and quickly brought a blanket. They covered Kitanna’s body without looking and then lifted the covers enough to see one of her hands. It had long, white fingers with well polished nails, Kitanna was clearly not a wereorc.

The village fell silent, they had lynched their first innocent even if by accident. Disgusted, they all went home, without noticing they had forgotten something. Or rather Someone.

Legolas in Spandex was still standing next to Kitanna’s blanketed body, and she decided to lift the blanket and take a peek. With a scream, she ran away into the forest, never to be seen again.

There are still 2 wereorcs, a Ranger and a Shaman living.

Now living:
Caranlondien: aspiring harpist
JennyHallu: Doomsday prophet
Nogrod: unemployed barber.
Grendelien: village whittler
Findëasëa: paleoelfropologist
Celuien:lampwright
Zali: stringer-of-bows
Diamond: Inept Jewel Smith
Naria:The grower of magnificent flowers
Sleepy A barrel of apples
Roa_Aoife aspiring ballad writer

Now dead:
FaraelMod: He dyed… erm I mean died.
GlirdanRepentant werewolf : Choked on an apple. No wonder why werewolves are carnivores.
JennyHalluWereorc: Escaped the village, but could not escape the laws of physics.
Dancing Spawn...: Just a merchant: Trapped on a deathly spider’s web.
Kitanna:The town's gate-keeper: Had a lobotomy performed by an angry woodpecker.
Legolas in spandex: Legolass (A movie-Legolas impersonator): Overwhelmed and or frightened into leaving the village after seeing what had happened to Kitanna
Old 04-18-2006, 05:42 PM   #346
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
The night was extremely still. Very still. The stars twinkled overhead in a nonchalant manner very different from the skulking figures below. "Come along, you stinking maggot," hissed one of the figures (the orcs lost their manners after sundown), "we don't have all night. That ranger might come around before we even begin the job at the rate you're going!"

The night was too clear and too peaceful for the work that lay ahead, but they didn't care or notice. The door of their victim's house was closed and bolted from within, but these orcs didn't care or notice that, either. . .

~~~

The elves gathered together in the town square, shivering in the cold, clear morning. No one said anything for a minute as everyone's eyes scanned everyone else. . .once, and then twice. . .and then, in some cases, thrice.

Nogrod: We're not all here.

Grendelian: Yes, thank you for pointing it out. He pulled out his knife as he spoke and before Nogrod could voice his fear that Grendelian was threatening him, he began to whittle a stick held in his other hand.

Zali:(faintly) I didn't think. . .

Roa_Aoife: Why didn't you save her?

Naria: She didn't know. Said very softly and barely loud enough to be heard.

Celuien: Poor Diamond.

Findëasëa: Well, let's go see what happened.

The villagers all turned and walked towards Diamond's house. As they drew near, they saw all the front windows on the first floor shattered and smashed in. The door was still closed and bolted. Roa offered to go in and unbolt the door, and the others didn't argue. In another moment, the way was opened and everyone trooped in. Silently they searched the equally silent house. A scream brought all of them running to a room towards the back of the place. Caranlondien stood in the middle of a room with no windows. Her hand was over her mouth and she looked ready to faint. When she saw the others, she pointed with a shaking hand at the corpse of their jewel smith.

The others stole forward, as though frightened that the dead might not be as dead as she looked and might leap up, full of unlively life. Celuien bent and picked up a maltreated and misformed stone from the ground. It was a diamond.

Sleepy: Looks like the orcs simply scared her to death. No wounds or anything.

Celuien didn't look up as she gently placed the stone on the desk before the dead jeweler. "Poor Diamond," she said for the second time that morning, and no one knew if she referred to the jewel or to their dead villager.

Now living:
Sleepy A barrel of apples
Roa_Aoife aspiring ballad writer

Now dead:
FaraelMod: He dyed… erm I mean died.
GlirdanRepentant werewolf : Choked on an apple. No wonder why werewolves are carnivores.
JennyHalluWereorc: Escaped the village, but could not escape the laws of physics.
Dancing Spawn...: Just a merchant: Trapped on a deathly spider’s web.
Kitanna:The town's gate-keeper: Had a lobotomy performed by an angry woodpecker.
Legolas in spandex: Legolass (A movie-Legolas impersonator): Overwhelmed and or frightened into leaving the village after seeing what had happened to Kitanna
Diamond18: Simply a normal, very bad stone cutter - scared to death by orcs

Last edited by Folwren; 04-19-2006 at 07:48 AM.
Folwren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 05:58 PM   #347
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
*pinches self*

Still alive. I didn't expect that at all. I really thought that either Zali or I would be toast last night. Still, it's good to be here.

Poor Diamond indeed. What puzzles me is why Diamond? I'll have to reread her analyses from yesterday, again on the basis of what could she have been right about to get herself killed.

More later...
Old 04-18-2006, 06:24 PM   #348
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Shade of Carn Dûm

Azaelia of Willowbottom has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Azaelia of Willowbottom
Silmaril

Wow.

Wow.

And just again, in case I forgot.

Wow.

I never would have expected the Orcs to go after Diamond: She drew enough suspicion to herself that I had marked her as innocent, but not at risk--Orcs tend to keep people that draw suspicion to themselves around, since it's easier to hide that way.

It gives me pause--Are the orcs operating under some master plan, or are they just really lost without Jenny?

I guess that today, we are supposed to wonder about the innocence of Sleepy, Nogrod, and perhaps even myself.

By waking up this Day, I recognize that all three of us draw some suspicion: Is Nogrod working with Sleepy? Am I an orc hiding under a disguise as a ranger?

I am honestly very surprised at both who the orcs picked, and by the fact that I am still alive enough to be surprised.

This calls for a reworking of my suspicions. I'll be back later.
Old 04-18-2006, 06:36 PM   #349
Findëasëa
Haunting Spirit

Hmm that’s interesting. Strange that they would choose Diamond who was under so much suspicion early on in the game. Maybe they figured that Jenny’s attack made her look innocent so decided to get rid of her. The fact that the ranger is still in the picture could factor into why they might not have chosen someone more obvious. I guess we will need to deal with the question toDay of why Azaelia is still alive. I personally still believe that she is innocent, for reasons that I listed in previous posts. It could be a tactic by the wereorcs to get us to question her loyalty. Even though I believe she is innocent, it is probably something we should discuss.
Old 04-18-2006, 06:51 PM   #350
Findëasëa
Haunting Spirit

I also wanted to clear something up about my vote yesterDay.

Quote:
me:
Roa always acts the ‘helpful innocent.’ I am not sure if this is her usual approach, it just seems like a clever way to say a lot without contributing or giving away her opinions.
Quote:
Roa:
It is my usual approach (some people here can vouch for that) and I was under the impression that I was contributing and stating opinions quite a bit.
Roa: I should have phrased my post a lot better. I didn’t mean that you do not contribute or state your opinions, but that your apparent helpfulness might be a distraction from giving away actual opinions which might put you in a guilty light. Hmm… I still feel like what I am trying to say is not coming out right. The best way I can think to phrase what I mean is that the root of your contributions is not exactly clear to me.

I am sorry if I called you suspicious falsely, but I just didn’t want to risk not saying anything in case my feeling was right.
Old 04-18-2006, 06:51 PM   #351
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Looking briefly at Diamond's posts, here top suspects from yesterday were:
Kitanna
Naria
Legolas in spandex

At the end of yesterday's voting/auto-eviction, only Naria remained alive. If Diamond's suspect list was a factor in her selection, that either means Naria is an Orc who killed Diamond to protect herself, or that Naria is innocent and Diamond was killed to start a lynch Naria bandwagon.

Naria doesn't seem to be a bold sort. So I don't think she would have gone for a suspicion causing bluff (look at me! I can't be an Orc if Diamond was killed - it brings to much suspicion on me) as an Orc by killing Diamond. For that reason, I think Diamond's death points to Naria's innocence.

Sleepy: A barrel of apples
Roa_Aoife: aspiring ballad writer

(Apparently confirmed innocents underlined.)

I know that I'm no Orc. So the last two Orcs are to be found among Caran, Nogrod, Grendelien, Findeasea, Naria or Roa. We have a 1/3 chance of catching an Orc today.

What I'm wondering is if it's worth revealing more dreams today. There are still two unrevealed dreams out there. If those dreams are of villagers in that group, then we would improve our Orc catching chances to 50/50. Or would it be better to wait until tomorrow? If we're wrong today and lynch an innocent, we start tomorrow at 5:2 for villagers, so tomorrow is when it's critical that we lynch an Orc.

Of course, our number of unknowns could increase overnight too if Zali or a dreamed-of villager dies. It's up to you who received dreams to decide, I guess.

What does everyone think of this?
Old 04-18-2006, 07:46 PM   #352
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celuien
I know that I'm no Orc. So the last two Orcs are to be found among Caran, Nogrod, Grendelien, Findeasea, Naria or Roa. We have a 1/3 chance of catching an Orc today.
Or to clarify, I have a 1/3 chance of catching an Orc, as do the other 4 innocents in that group. The rest of you have a 2/7 chance, which is close enough to 1/3.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:25 PM   #353
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Shade of Carn Dûm

Azaelia of Willowbottom has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Azaelia of Willowbottom
Silmaril

As to dreams, we don't know who has had those unrevealed dreams--One of them could have died with Diamond or Kitanna, and the rest of us would be none the wiser.

As to my innocence, Findeasea--I am your ranger, believe me or not (and I know that you do believe, this is just a general statement, but since you asked...). You can lynch me yourselves, just to be sure, but I wouldn't recommend it--You'd only find out what you already knew about me. Or you can wait for the Orcs to make me a victim. It can't be long now. Frankly, it's making me nervous--why am I still alive?! I shouldn't be here. By all accounts, my dumb mistake of revealing myself should have killed me a long time ago. Surviving one night? A fluke. But two? Well, I'll repeat, it certainly makes me nervous... Am I being played? I'm not offended by people saying that my innocence should be examined--I'd be wondering the same thing...so discuss away, but be aware, it may lead from the path of finding an orc.

I think we need to decide several things today.

1. Innocence of Nogrod, Sleepy, and perhaps, myself, according to some.
2. Why Diamond died last night.
3. What is the Orcs' larger plan?
4. Or is there even one?

I think Diamond must have said something, however small, to make the orcs think her a threat. Or perhaps they were just trying to get around me by steering away from the more obvious choices (which I won't be sharing, obviously--from here on out, there will be no thoughts from me about who is innocent. I don't want to drop any clues for the "sneaky sneaky" orcs.) and picking someone who was already somewhat suspicious. Like I said before, it makes me nervous. I feel like I can't get a handle on what it is we're dealing with, in terms of strategy.

Personally, I want to hear more from Naria...I know this is a bit rediculous coming from a notorious "quiet one", but it's gotten to the point that her quietness is beginning to make me nervous...An unexplained vote (though, granted, she did promise an explanation), no attempt to defend herself--something there just doesn't sit right. I think it's fairly likely that if she posts more today that my suspicion of her will dim somewhat, but I need to hear more. Like the orcish strategy mentioned above, she eludes understanding.

I feel like I'm just repeating myself, so I'm going to stop now, haha.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:43 PM   #354
Grendelien
Haunting Spirit

I've been thinking very long and hard about who the possible Shaman could be. I have a thought, based on posts (I'm sorry this is terribly, annoyingly vague, but I think it's crucial to protect the identity of the possible Shaman), and if it turns out to be somehow miraculously correct, I believe the innocence of some unknown villagers may be confirmed.

There would be three remaining ones that I would still be unsure of- Naria, Roa, and Caranlondien.

I'm definitely not going to suspect these three right away, because I know that my thought on who the Shaman is may be very, very wrong, and therefore detrimental to the village. Unfortunately, I won't know if my thoughts are correct unless the Shaman is exposed or killed, and I'd rather be wrong than have that happen. Since I know that I could very well be wrong in my guess, I'm not going to accuse any of the three right away...but I will keep myeye on them.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:50 PM   #355
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Exams are over!!

Indeed, now I'm all yours, my lovely village. Ok, not quite, but at least my times should be a little better.

First of all, a huge thanks to Fowlren for starting the day for me. I just got home, so the day would have started about four hours late if it wasn't for her =)

Second, this day will also be an hour longer to compensate for the late start.

Third, good luck, both wereorcs and villagers! and gifteds and anyone else who happens to be reading this note.
Old 04-18-2006, 10:12 PM   #356
Caranlondien
Shade of Carn Dûm

It's late, my time, and I must get some sleep, so I can't post very much right now, but here's a little explanation I wrote whilst twiddling my thumbs overNight…

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
Please forgive me my playing the "advocate". I just thought we should see something new for a while (all the people have just talked of me, Roa, Diamond etc...).
I hope you didn't think I was truly offended; I understand the need to look at everyone, and I can see how some of my actions, just like everyone else's, can be seen as suspicious if looked at in the right way. When re-reading my response, I can also see how it could easily be read with a much harsher tone than I intended

Really, I was just reacting to the word "lie". I know this is a game of lying -- I know that two of you are orcs, so two of you are lying to me right now! (Looks around accusingly.) But small lies about facts that everyone's going to go back and check anyway don't make sense as an orcish strategy, and I, at least, have been looking for more substantial reasons to suspect people.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:50 AM   #357
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

This is getting intresting - and I'm getting more afraid every day, for our orcs are no basic-orcs. Sadly, they seem to have intelligence.

I don't think killing Diamond was jumpy or without a very cunning reasoning behind it (so, I don't believe, that Jenny was the "leader"-orc).

But clearly, our ranger (whoever she is) was played fool this night - and I'm very much afraid of the next night, if that indeed is the orc-plan. Then our shaman has some tough choices to make today. And if Zali is our ranger, she has been made to look quite guilty as well. And I think, most of the villagers were beginning to trust Diamond to be innocent, so no bad choice that either: vocal, well-hunched (at least what comes to Jenny), likely innocent - who would not have been protected with high probability. So I'm not so sure, ´whether Diamond's posts help very much. She seems to be just an ideal kill before the real one the orcs are after.
Old 04-19-2006, 02:34 AM   #358
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I totally agree with Celuien, that we should really start thinking about our chances with some revealments. Two innocent-lynches more, and we are about done with. I quess we can make a mistake today, but not any more tomorrow.

But going on with the calculations by Celuien.

The shaman is alive, and has one dream = two innocents known (or even better: one known innocent and one known orc!)

I had the dream on Sleepy, and know my innocence = two innocents known (and I understand, that you can't take this for granted - just from my point of view, then)

If Diamond (or an orc) wasn't the dreamer (chances: 7/10), we have one more dream from last night = two known innocents (or even better: one known innocent and one known orc!)

Assuming Zali innocent, at least for the sake of an argument, we might have, in the best case, 7 known / believable innocents / orcs! That would leave just two unknowns!

These wouldn't be "granted innocents" to all of us, but somewhat believable to guide our attention: to start taking better look at those not known yet. We would have very very bad luck indeed, if both orcs would be included in this known or believable innocents list! And I guess we have pretty nice chances, that there is no orc on the list - so the orcs are among the 3-4 (5?) unknown?

Of course there are possibilities that make this not so good a plan.

We can't be 100% sure about the dreamers, but we may trust those dreamed of to be what they are. Of course, there is the possibility of an orc jackpot too: an orc receiving a dream about another orc - when that orc really should "reveal" her fellow-orc as an innocent. And I must agree, that you have a reason to apply that possibility to the case of me & Sleepy. Although, as happily the probability for this is quite small, I'm not sure, whether one should go on betting on that option.

Also: the shaman might have had her first dream on me - or the one receiving the dream last night. That would reduce the number of known / believable persons with one.

So, what to do?

I would think it wise for the dreamer to come forth with her dream. It would ease our task to pick the wolf tonight. Our shaman must look at the situation herself, and judge it, as she sees best.

And if by some unprobable twist of the situation, Zali would be just a ranger impersonator, our real ranger probably should come forwards quite soon, pointing to Zali's orcishness. If an orc would try to twist this revealement, we would be killing innocent Zali tonight, but getting the orc tomorrow, and I don't quite think, the orcs would like to be reduced to one at this point of the game. And anyhow, I'm quite positive about Zali's innocence, so this probably isn't something we should be very much afraid of.
Old 04-19-2006, 02:40 AM   #359
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Triple-posting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caranlondien
I hope you didn't think I was truly offended; I understand the need to look at everyone, and I can see how some of my actions, just like everyone else's, can be seen as suspicious if looked at in the right way. When re-reading my response, I can also see how it could easily be read with a much harsher tone than I intended
I think no-one should be offended, as this is - after all - just a game. But no, I didn't think you were harsh, just reacting - as anyone (me included) probably would, when seeing a somewhat twisted analysis on one's posting...

Using the word "lie" was probably a bit strong choice, and you are right about the foolishness to use that kind of lies as an orc tactics...
Old 04-19-2006, 02:49 AM   #360
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quadruple...

I will cease posting in a minute.

Just that no-one gets me wrong: I'm not saying, that everyone should rush to reveal her knowledge on the double. I'm more likely wishing everyone to see for the wisdom of the "plan" - and more than that, the possible flaws in it. If we agree it is reasonable, we should go for it, if we see problems big enough, we shouldn't.

I'm just afraid, that we very soon will need to take on some more drastic measures, as we are losing ground all the time with no good ideas to go forth with.