The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-07-2009, 07:24 PM   #361
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Once upon a cold November, while I ventured to remember,
The many quaint and curious demands of the mods of yours--
When I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my iChat door.
"'Tis my Nienna," I muttered, "tapping at my iChat door--
telling me to rhyme some more."
Old 11-07-2009, 07:26 PM   #362
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
I think that, unless something else dramatic happens before DL, I'm only going to vote for Roa or McCaber. I see no strong reason why anyone else could be a wolf. And there's too much at stake to risk losing it to a weak reasoned vote.
McCaber has probably earned a vote just by submarine activity. It could be for RL reasons, but I don't think he's ever indicated that. Why Roa, Lottie?
And Nog, I voted Fea for two reasons: first, she was the best candidate I had at the time. Second, I decided to vote her early and watch her reaction. All that about Hakon's dream made me decide against retracting.
Old 11-07-2009, 07:35 PM   #363
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Why Roa? Because I think she's a wolf. Why do I think that? Her vote, mostly. First she votes Nerwen - who has not been suspected all game. This when we most needed to keep the ordo votes together! Then she retracts that vote and changes it to Fea, which is one of the least helpful things she could have done. This is Roa we're talking about - she's one of the most logical players! Why would she have voted like this unless she wasn't on our (the ordo's) side?
Old 11-07-2009, 07:37 PM   #364
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I'd like to think I irritated her past rationality...
Old 11-07-2009, 07:39 PM   #365
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Admittedly, she could just be really annoyed. So I'd be more comfortable voting McCaber...but Roa is still extremely suspicious.
Old 11-07-2009, 07:41 PM   #366
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
A process of elimination then...

Fea and Spm - out of the consideration as it is possible we lynch a wolf toDay and they can end up helping us (with their numbers at least).

Nerwen - the voice of reason and acute spotter of things. She would be a dangerous wolf but at the moment I think we can't afford to lose her for a non-existent (speculative "if she was then it would be bad") suspicion like that.

Brinn - Basically same as Nerwen. I wouldn't wish to put our future into "just trying" her either.

Lottie - Her anguish over the situation feels real.

Sally - Said she would be busy and has been a kind of too unconcerned to be a wolf?

Pitch & Inzil: Are still flying under my radar and that's bad. They have been very reasonable and easy... maybe too uncontroversial indeed. I'm afraid one of them will be a wolf in the end just looking at the numbers. But I have no idea which one. And I would not like to make a blind check with them either (and Pitchie is away anyway the whole Day so it would be kind of unfair).

Roa - I see I have been avoiding her thus far - thinking myself I can always do it the next Day if alive - but now it seems I need to take a stance on her. Hmm... Her vote looks either like a speedy act of frustration or a calculated "washing of her hands" act. I don't like it either way. As an innocent she should have looked for a possibility of lynching a wolf and not go into the retaliatory mode like that.

McCaber - By far the most suspicious person around. Just look at his posting toDay... or anyDay thus far.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 07:45 PM   #367
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
It's coming 4AM once again...

I'll check the Mead Hall -stuff and then vote.

Probably McCaber. To me he looks like our best chance.
Old 11-07-2009, 07:55 PM   #368
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Alright, then:

++ McCabber

just so I don't have to worry if for some reason I can't vote later. BUT I should be on basically until DL.
Old 11-07-2009, 07:58 PM   #369
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Like I said, I don't believe anyone could reasonably argue McCaber has not been suspicious. At the very least he has been consistently unhelpful.
I think this is the last thing he's said toDay thus far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCaber View Post
I'm here too, by coincidence.
Nothing else. I know he's quite adept at being a quiet wolf, so why does this give me an uneasy feeling, like I'm overlooking something?
Trouble is, I don't know who else would be better. Roa's interactions with SPM on Day 1 could look more sinister, knowing what we know now. And the vote toDay doesn't help. It could indeed have been out of frustration with this vexing situation, but still....
Old 11-07-2009, 08:00 PM   #370
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Admittedly, she could just be really annoyed. So I'd be more comfortable voting McCaber...but Roa is still extremely suspicious.
Indeed. Personally, I think the Lovers' ploy toDay is rather clever... however, Fea has been acting as a de facto cobbler for some time and has distracted us from the real wolves, whoever they may be, so I can understand someone feeling frustrated. (I suppose we all got too used to assuming ordo Lovers would play for the village.) If you look at the post of Fea's that I suppose made her switch her vote, it could be read as a statement of what the Lovers would do rather than what they might do. So it could be the action of an ordo thinking her side was already doomed.

But then if you couple that with her previous vote on me, which was a complete shot in the dark at the worst possible time for such a thing– not so good. Could be a wolf casting around for a new lynch candidate.

I don't know what to make of her yet.

EDIT:X'd with Zil and Lottie.
EDIT2: spelling.

Last edited by Nerwen; 11-07-2009 at 08:18 PM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 08:03 PM   #371
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
I don't know what to make of her yet.
Whatever she is, I highly doubt it's anything good.
Old 11-07-2009, 08:13 PM   #372
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

++ McCaber

So that's it for me for toDay (4AM+).

Btw. I just couldn't agree with you more Nerwen... which is kind of scary, but at these situations one needs to stick with some core-beliefs.

PS. Fea as the de facto cobbler... you're soo right.
Old 11-07-2009, 08:19 PM   #373
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

This probably shouldn't be pursued too heavily toDay (because of the whole splitting the vote thing) but who could the other two wolves be? Pitch or Inzil could be one, but I don't think they're both. Brinn or Sally could be one, but again, I don't think they're both wolves. *sigh*
Old 11-07-2009, 08:23 PM   #374
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
This probably shouldn't be pursued too heavily toDay (because of the whole splitting the vote thing) but who could the other two wolves be? Pitch or Inzil could be one, but I don't think they're both. Brinn or Sally could be one, but again, I don't think they're both wolves. *sigh*
Or one of them could be you.
But let's get through toDay first.
Old 11-07-2009, 08:25 PM   #375
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Isn't that what I said? That was just an interesting side note.

I'm off to look at Roa. This shouldn't take more than a few hours...
Old 11-07-2009, 08:36 PM   #376
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Or Nogrod... see him flatter me up there...

Thing is, between the cobbler doing her bit, and the Fea business, and the Lari business, and the Bear killling the Seer, and the Hunter sticking his head in the noose on Day One, by and large the wolves haven't really had to do much. So, no strong leads to anyone.

*sigh* Not exactly the finest hour for the village...

I wonder if the Lovers really have spotted a wolf? They have had the advantage of knowing Fea wasn't one.
Old 11-07-2009, 08:43 PM   #377
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
*whimpers* I'm so far behind I don't even know who's alive anymore.

Nevertheless, I've got some conclusions on what I've read; just ignore it if I ignore someone who's still alive. Also, could I have a vote count? Please?
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 08:44 PM   #378
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

I started analyzing Roa, but I didn't even get to the end of Day 1, and I've got to go for now. Sorry, but bye.

EDIT: xed with Sally
Old 11-07-2009, 08:45 PM   #379
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quick vote count:

Roa - Fea
Lottie - McCaber
Nog - McCaber

Like I said, quick - and short. Not many people have voted yet.
Old 11-07-2009, 08:46 PM   #380
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
I wonder if the Lovers really have spotted a wolf? They have had the advantage of knowing Fea wasn't one.
I think it likely. Being free of doubt about each other, and being able to communicate privately would give them a notable advantage.

x/d with Sally and 2 Lotties
Old 11-07-2009, 08:48 PM   #381
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thoughts on what I've read.

Saucie/Fea: Cuddling in the corner and leaving us to possibly die. Evil, but not in a furry sort of way, and I believed beforehand that Saucie was innocent so I'll go ahead and believe it.

Roa: Looks....shifty? Jumpy? As she's Roa I don't expect her to leave a big trace but I think I'm reading her correct when I find her evil. Basically just a feeling and of course her vote toDay looked horrible to me. I'd love to analyze her properly but I'm simply too tired, so I'll just have to go with what I've got.

Cabbie: Getting nothing, and that doesn't bode well. Not sure yet though.

Nog: Should go to bed or I'll vote him just so he'll sleep. (Yes, I'm kidding.) I think he could go either way, to be honest.

Dun: Seems all right, but I've not looked at his posts in detail so I'm not sure.

Lottie: Hmmmm. Seems very cute and cuddly, but I'm wondering about her.

Brinn: No idea.

Nerwen: I've got nothing, so she's clearly evil. (Not entirely kidding, btw.)

So basically (again, apologies for not talking/explaining much) I think the following.

Guilty Until Proven Innocent:
Roa

Shifty Eyes:
Cabbie
Nerwen
Dun (?)
Lottie (?)

Meh:
Noggie
Brinn

Innocent:
Saucie
Fea

I'll be away from the computer for a few minutes and then I'll catch up again. If there's anything anyone thinks I need to see please point it out, because I know I've missed a lot of important stuff despite running through the thread a few times. Back soon.
Old 11-07-2009, 09:24 PM   #382
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
Once upon a cold November, while I ventured to remember,
The many quaint and curious demands of the mods of yours--
When I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my iChat door.
"'Tis my Nienna," I muttered, "tapping at my iChat door--
telling me to rhyme some more."
*Claps* Bravo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
Personally, I think the Lovers' ploy toDay is rather clever...
Why thank you, but flattery will get you nowhere. We have eyes only for each other.

Now, saying that my darling Fea was not cute was bad enough. But voting for her as well? Well, that's the last straw.

++Roa
Old 11-07-2009, 09:26 PM   #383
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I'm finally here, and thinking.

Fea was one of my top candidates, but obviously we now know she's not a wolf. At this stage of the game, she and Spm are more likely to cause us more harm unfortunately. Because they're going to help whoever gives them the greatest advantage, which would right now be the wolves. We can promise not to lynch them and the ranger can protect them, but they can still be killed at Night. If the wolves decide to side up with them and not lynch or kill them, the lovers are basically guaranteed survival. And if we end up lynching an innocent toDay, there's no need for the wolves to kill them since they can use them to sway toMorrow's vote their way. The good thing is that lovers can't know for certain who the wolves are and even if they want to side with them, they could end up helping us to lynch a wolf anyway. Really, if we want any chance of winning, we need to lynch a wolf toDay. With one wolf down, it's probably less likely the lovers and wolves will team up since they'll need to survive more Days and having two known innocents around is dangerous.

So who to lynch then? I need to go back and look at everyone more carefully. Roa's vote switch to Fea is rather odd. McCaber doesn't look any better from yesterDay, so I could end up voting him again. I suspected Loslote earlier in the game, and would like to look at her again. Then there's others like Nerwen who have fallen under my radar.
Old 11-07-2009, 09:55 PM   #384
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Voting now. Sorry, but I keep about dozing off and I want to make sure I vote.

++Roa

Fea and Saucie, please consider helping us out. I know you don't have to but we (that is, the innocents) are certainly more trustworthy than the wolves. Just sayin'.

Okay, that's it for me for now. I'll be sure to save up more energy for toMorrow.
Old 11-07-2009, 10:05 PM   #385
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

I see SPM made good on his earlier threat to vote Roa for threatening his beloved with lynching.

So we have votes for McCaber (2), Roa (2), and Fea (1).

I don't trust Roa at the moment, but SPM's vote can't be considered an indication he thinks she might be a wolf, because we have no way of knowing which side he's taken. However, there are still more innocents than wolves, I think, so it's in the lovers' interests to help the village.
McCaber just seems too easy. If innocent, he's perfect for wolves, because he's really does look like he could be a sly wolf cruising through quietly, while so much else has occupied our attention, as Nerwen said.
This could well be the vote that makes or breaks the game, so I'd really like to get it right.
Now Sally's gone for Roa. I wonder if there's anything to the way she made sure to note that she meant 'we' to refer to the village. I think her meaning would have clear without that.
Old 11-07-2009, 10:07 PM   #386
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
Vote Count!

Roa--> Nerwen
Roa-- Nerwen
Roa--> Fea
Lottie--> McCaber
Nog--> McCaber (2)
SPM--> Roa
Sally--> Roa (2)
Old 11-07-2009, 10:32 PM   #387
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
McCaber just seems too easy. If innocent, he's perfect for wolves, because he's really does look like he could be a sly wolf cruising through quietly, while so much else has occupied our attention, as Nerwen said.

Now Sally's gone for Roa. I wonder if there's anything to the way she made sure to note that she meant 'we' to refer to the village. I think her meaning would have clear without that.
Oh, that was rather a wicked-looking comment of Sally's... I wonder if she could be one of them? Not really much for or against it, but that's because she's been a submarine.

Meanwhile, the two most obvious lynch-candidates are Roa and McCaber, and in different ways both of them look a bit too easy... but then anyone else would be almost random.

The thing is, I think if Roa is a wolf, that implies McCaber is too, anyway, because otherwise he would be a nice, easy lynch for her.
Old 11-07-2009, 10:47 PM   #388
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

All right.

++McCaber
Old 11-07-2009, 10:50 PM   #389
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
McCaber: His lack of contribution is bad enough. Then toDay he does a 180 on Nogrod and he says he around, but doesn't provide any substance. If you're around, why not contribute? If McCaber's submarine-like behaviour is due to RL reasons, then I can understand a bit better. But he hasn't said that, so I'm not going to assume it is.

Sally: Is another submarine, but she has stated that's due to RL. Her vote for Hakon on Day One looks bad, but that's not enough alone for me to think her a wolf. Her vote toDay looks like she's trying to suck up to the lovers, not sure what to think about that as it could go either way. Right now I'm feeling slightly concerned about her.

Nerwen: Has contributed, is consistent, and I agree with a lot she says. So far she looks okay in my book.

Inziladun: Has been contributing a fair amount. Nothing about him stands out to me as particularly suspicious.

Pitchwife: Hasn't shown up toDay, but I believe he stated he wouldn't be able to. His vote for Boro on Day One seemed to come from nowhere and he does play a bit safe at times following what others say, but I'm finding not much else. At the moment, I'm feeling pretty neutral about him.

Loslote: Her Day One vote is still really bad, and when she explained it she said she didn't know there was a bandwagon. But I think it was pretty clear by then that one was forming. On Day 2, her opinions of players looked rather safe, though toDay she's much more decisive. If McCaber turns out innocent, she's definitely one to be looked at.

Nogrod: Was a bit iffy at times during the last two Days, Day One for his vote and yesterDay from some interactions with other players. Though toDay I'm finding him to be quite reasonable, so I think I'll leave him alone for the time being.

Roa: She didn't really stick out to me as suspicious up until the lovers' reveal. Then she kinda freaked out. Was that because she's a wolf who now has to deal with two known innocents, or because she's an innocent who's certain the lovers have sided with the wolves and thinks we're doomed? I don't think her original vote for Nerwen was too odd; she was rushed and didn't have time to properly analyse. But that switch to Fea is very fishy. I won't count out the possibility she did it out of sheer annoyance, but it still looks pretty bad.
Old 11-07-2009, 10:51 PM   #390
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Well, then–

++McCaber.

If he's a wolf, either Sally or Roa might well be another, but not, from the look of things, both.

If Roa gets it instead and she's a wolf, I suggest McCaber is too.

And if whoever gets lynched toDay is innocent, I guess we're done for– unless our Machiavellian lovebirds have a change of heart.

(Hey, I meant that about you two being clever. Really. I did. )

EDIT X'd with Zil and Brinn.

Last edited by Nerwen; 11-07-2009 at 11:00 PM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 10:56 PM   #391
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Hmm...it looks like it's between McCaber and Roa toDay (unless we want to join Roa and vote Fea ).

I'm going to vote now since yesterDay I cut it far too close (and I almost am again). McCaber has been my top suspect for two Days now. He's not contributing at all and it doesn't look like he intends to anytime soon. While I'm pretty suspicious of Roa's behaviour toDay, I'm still not quite sure about her as part of her behaviour could've been from frustration.

So..

++McCaber

EDIT: x-ed with Nerwen
Old 11-07-2009, 11:00 PM   #392
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

++Roa
Old 11-07-2009, 11:03 PM   #393
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
Deadline. Stop posting.
Old 11-07-2009, 11:06 PM   #394
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mirandir is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
McCaber has been lynched. He was a wolf.

It is now Night 4.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:00 PM   #395
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

a message from the failmod...

So this one time I epically fail as a mod and haven't had time to do any of the narrations. They are coming, I promise.

On a related note, Pitchwife was killed. He was an ordo.

It is now Day 4. Discuss.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:02 PM   #396
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

*loves the moddess(es) anyway*

On a less related note, I need some sleep. Oh, and I realize I left Pitch out of my list yesterDay; it was a complete oversight because I wasn't well. Sorry about that.

To bed with me now. Yay for the lynch on Cabbie, as he was my other top suspect (still, Roa is my first) and I'm glad to know I got something right for once. Maybe if I get some sleep it'll happen again.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:06 PM   #397
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

So.

How 'bout that Night discussion?

I bet it was riveting.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:08 PM   #398
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
So.

How 'bout that Night discussion?

I bet it was riveting.
*chokes on water* Fea, I love you.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:11 PM   #399
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Now, now, Mira, there are better things to be choking on at 12:11 AM. Don't hurt yourself.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:16 PM   #400
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Not so much when I'm at work, unfortunately. People need to be around to amuse me. Kthx.