The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-06-2004, 02:40 PM   #41
ArathorofBarahir
Wight

ArathorofBarahir has just left Hobbiton.
I would either fight alongside Aragorn or Faramir. I mean Aragorn is the complete warrior, he can adapt his style to fit any situation. The reason I would want to fight with Faramir is because he's a Ranger and I have always wanted to be a Ranger, fighting will stealth and intelligence instead of brute strength.

Last edited by ArathorofBarahir; 03-06-2004 at 02:45 PM.
ArathorofBarahir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 01:38 PM   #42
Bandobras Took
Pile O'Bones

Bandobras Took has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe golf!

I would definantly fight with Bandobras. Cuz he invented golf and all. And thats cool. Plus he is a hobbit!
Bandobras Took is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 12:04 PM   #43
Neferchoirwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Neferchoirwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Neferchoirwen
I'd fight with Eowyn, for reasons of sympathy and awe. Sympathy in this situation would mean that I'd feel a bit of bravery myself because I know that my life will be on the line as soon as I get on the fields with her. Awe would also mean that she inspires me so much.

Good for me
Neferchoirwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 04:44 PM   #44
Nimrodel_9
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nimrodel_9 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Nimrodel_9
Sting

I would certailnly fight alongside Aragorn (especially if I were in the movie )
I would also like to fight alongside Gandalf, Merry, or Pippin. With Gandalf, you are most likely going to be safe. Merry is a little hobbit and needs help, and Pip seemed like he needed company. Maybe he and I could stop Denethor from burning Faramir alive.
Old 10-28-2004, 06:45 PM   #45
Zebedee
Haunting Spirit

Zebedee has just left Hobbiton.
In the Rohirim charge. Warfare at its finest. Or, with Imrahil and his knight. If none of those two, then with the Rangers. Or Gandalf, I could be there for the whole thing.
I would probably do something stupid though, likerun into an entire company of orcs slashing wildly.
Old 10-29-2004, 08:36 PM   #46
turgon
Haunting Spirit

turgon has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

If I knew nothing of the battle, then it depends on which army I stood with. Most likely I would stand beside the nazgul or mithrandir. I would like the power one of the nine command yet I would lust for the power of the west. Guess I would fight beside myself.
Old 11-03-2004, 05:41 PM   #47
King of the North
Haunting Spirit

King of the North has just left Hobbiton.
Sting I would.....

I would fight alongside the soldiers of Gondor. Despite the fact that Denethor II was a little insane, he could still use my help. Besides I would be fighting for the sake of good, not him. From the very beginning of the Battle of Pelennor Fields Gondor's soldiers get pounded. If the King of the North was there fighting alongside heros such as Beregond the battle would have been more even.
King of the North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 06:37 PM   #48
Orophin
Animated Skeleton

Orophin has just left Hobbiton.
I would fight along side of Boromir. He is practically unstoppable on the battle field. Even though he may have made a few mistakes he is still a master warrior.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:12 PM   #49
Babidi Buu
Wight

Babidi Buu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Babidi Buu
The Good: Legolas, Gandalf, King of the Dead, Theoden.
The Evil: Witch-King, Gothmog.

-The Good-
First choice: Most likely King of the Dead. It's not every day you see the undead fighting for the side of Good :P Or im a coward.
Second Choice: Gandalf. Why? it would be pretty cool fighting alongside a Wizard, and he beat up denethor.
Third Choice: Legolas, Would be fun playing the killing-counting game with Leggy and Gimli.(that or probably my fangirl-izm got the better of me)
Fourth Choice: Riding with Theoden and the rohirram would be amazing, and when they shout "Death" as they charge gives me the goose-bumps.

-The Evil-
First choice: Fighting for the Witch-King would be cool. Being a Leader of the Nazgul, he will surely kick some booty(Untill Merry and Eowyn come along) As long as your not infront of his Mace thingy.
Second Choice: Gothmog. Sure he Looks to boot, but Something about him. He's not really like most other orcs, And it's a mystery what kind of creature he is in the book. So it would be pretty cool to actully fight side-by-side with him.

The end. Those are the six Characters i would fight alongside, I am sorry about the long post
Babidi Buu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 02:03 PM   #50
Lindale
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lindale has just left Hobbiton.
Shelob. Lmao. She did manage to make Melkor cry in anguish and he had to wait for his goony Balrogs to rescue him from her cluches. *annoyingly old-school sinister laugh*Oh wait, this is the movies.

Anybody but Legolas. I wouldn't be able to keep up with his impossible stunts. So maybe Eowyn. Lovely bit of writing Tolkien had, when he included death-seeking (almost emo-ey) Eowyn into battle. In the movie you could almost feel her fear.

Legal Madness.
Lindale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 01:44 PM   #51
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindale View Post
Shelob. Lmao. She did manage to make Melkor cry in anguish and he had to wait for his goony Balrogs to rescue him from her cluches. *annoyingly old-school sinister laugh*Oh wait, this is the movies.
Isn't that Ungoliant?

But in movies (especially EE) I would probably say that Gandalf is the safest (book Gandlaf would be more amazing though), but Aragorn and Sam would also be fun.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:20 PM   #52
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
What a fun question! By all means I'd fight alongside Gimli, although our height difference might a problem, it would be more like a game with him. All that I'd have to do is watch what I'm doing, no need to worry about him!

If I couldn't fight next to him, I'd like to be one of the soldiers defending the city with Gandalf.
Old 08-16-2008, 11:14 AM   #53
Lush
Fair and Cold

Lush is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
Eye

Oooh! What a fun old thread!

Aragorn, no doubt about it. He has the best posse. And I like the way he speaks.
Old 09-25-2008, 04:49 AM   #54
Diane C
Pile O'Bones

Diane C has just left Hobbiton.
Eowyn or Boromir, for me.

Eowyn for proving that "War is the world of men" (quoted by Eomer I think) is not necessarily true at all, especially after removing her helmet and telling the Nazgul King "I am no man!"

Boromir, because he is a genuine leader of men, loyal, passionate, determined and - if it were not for the Ring - a truly spirited indivdual who will always support the good over the bad.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:09 AM   #55
Andsigil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Andsigil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I'd like to be side by side with Gimli at Helm's Deep.

Dwarves are the most stalwart of companions, and I like their personality and culture. Of all the people of ME, I would fit in best with them.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:42 PM   #56
thewichtking
Animated Skeleton

thewichtking is still gossiping in the Green Dragon.
1420!

i would like to be a soldier of gondor because they are brave, proud, strong, loyal, they have really awesome Armour, plus they have the city which means a wall that i could shoot from.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:40 PM   #57
alatar
Doubting Dwimmerlaik

alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewichtking View Post
i would like to be a soldier of gondor because they are brave, proud, strong, loyal,...
You did watch the movie...right?

I too would stand beside Boromir, as he seems like a guy that would have your back as well as share a mug of ale with you. Aragorn's companions in battle fared not as well, and he was a little on the moody side, 'cept when he was being kissed by a horse.
Old 05-18-2009, 05:53 AM   #58
TheOrcWithNoName
Animated Skeleton

TheOrcWithNoName has just left Hobbiton.
Boromir or Faramir, primarily because they're good in a fight, fine strategists, passionate for their people & lands. Boromir, especially because he seems like one of the lads up for a few drinks down the local tavern, followed by ye olde kebab & chips for afters
Old 06-16-2009, 08:58 AM   #59
Nessa Telrunya
Shade of Carn Dûm

Nessa Telrunya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Nessa Telrunya
1420!

If I had the choice, I would fight by someone like Samwise. He stuck by Frodo until the very end, and his frying pan is mighty XD
Old 06-16-2009, 04:20 PM   #60
Hakon
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Hakon is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
If we are talking seriously then I say Aragorn or Theoden. If not then I say Eowyn. If I thought I might die, I might as well die near a beautiful woman.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:19 PM   #61
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
well seeing as I don't know what's going to happen I hate to be the jerk who stands on the bad side but.... haradrim definately perched on top of an oliphant seems pretty safe, and I'm a wuss

or Gimli because I could take him and legolas on in their counting match, "That still counts as one!"

EDIT: sorry never post late at night you don't think straight, I knew it wasn't the easterlings but I drew a blank...

Last edited by Morsul the Dark; 06-17-2009 at 05:53 AM.
Morsul the Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 10:22 PM   #62
Hakon
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Hakon is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I think you are confusing the Easterlings with the Haradim.
Old 07-04-2009, 02:46 PM   #63
LadyBrooke
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The modern day version of Edoras: horses, wind, rolling plains =)
LadyBrooke is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to LadyBrooke
Haldir so I could keep him from dying at Helm's Deep because it irks me that Peter expects us to believe that all the elves died while a bunch of old men and children managed to survive.
Old 07-04-2009, 03:10 PM   #64
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBrooke View Post
Haldir so I could keep him from dying at Helm's Deep because it irks me that Peter expects us to believe that all the elves died while a bunch of old men and children managed to survive.
And not that suddenly a large army elves appears at Helms Deep?
Old 07-04-2009, 08:43 PM   #65
LadyBrooke
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The modern day version of Edoras: horses, wind, rolling plains =)
LadyBrooke is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to LadyBrooke
That irks me too. In fact I can't stand the whole sequence. Like the elves have nothing better to do than take a trip to Rohan and die. Does he honestly expect us to believe that Lothlorien - which is within a day's trip of Moria - is not going to have been beset by all those orcs which you just showed us last movie? Honestly just show a five second shot of them fighting orcs in Lothlorien and be done with it. What did they do leave Galadriel and Celeborn there by themselves to fight off hundred upon hundreds of orcs? No matter how great Galadriel is she can't fight that many by herself.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:21 PM   #66
sassyfriend
Wight

sassyfriend has just left Hobbiton.
I would fight along with Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli. They are great fighters and great friends.
sassyfriend is offline   Reply With Quote