The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-04-2003, 12:06 AM   #1
Arathiriel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arathiriel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arathiriel
Silmaril Sons of Elrond???

I've been watching FOTR for the gazillionth time and I notice two Elves at the Council of Elrond I have never noticed before....<P>In the part where Aragorn says to Frodo "If by my life or death..." etc. you can see an Elf standing besides him and from the brief glimpse of him I'd say this Elf looked *like* he could be the son of Elrond. What is more when they show the wide shot of Aragorn kneeling in front of Frodo you can see another Elf standing beside the Elf that was beside Aragorn and from the back they certainly LOOK alike.<P>So my question is: Could these have been the sons of Elrond and if so, will we see them in ROTK?<P>~~*~~<BR>'I have a sword,' said Merry, climbing from his seat, and drawing from its black sheath his small bright blade. Filled suddenly with love for this old man, he knelt on one knee, and took his hand and kissed it. 'May I lay the sword of Meriadoc of the Shire on your lap, Théoden King?' he cried, 'Receive my service, if you will!'<P>'Gladly will I take it,' said the king; and laying his old hands upon the brown hair of the hobbit, he blessed him. 'Rise now, Meriadoc, esquire of Rohan of the household of Meduseld.' he said. 'Take your sword and bear it unto good fortune!'<P>'As a father you shall be to me,' said Merry.<P>'For a little while,' said Théoden.<P>Merry and Théoden<BR>The Passing of the Grey Company<BR>LOTR: The Return of the King<P>~~*~~<BR>Visit the RingLeaders Fanfic Archive at: <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/ringleaders7/RL.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.geocities.com/ringleaders7/RL.html</A><p>[ May 04, 2003: Message edited by: Arathiriel ]
Old 05-04-2003, 12:50 AM   #2
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

NO they werent Elladan and Elrohir... If you go a few pages back i posted a thread the same as this question.

~My lord, Éomer~
Everdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 06:03 AM   #3
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Don't know which elves you mean, but with Elladan and Elrohir, I'm thinking of the two elves sat either side of Elrond. I'm hoping they feature in Rotk, although I doubt they will in the end.
Old 05-04-2003, 10:50 AM   #4
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I thought they were. I wonder will Aragorn's kin from the north come into it at all? I really hope they do, but I doubt it.
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Lyra Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 01:44 PM   #5
helkahothion

Eye

Well, they DID gave Sauron a part in it, and he is totaly unimportant right? I mean, I have not read the books, but I don't think he is doing somehting majore.
Old 05-05-2003, 08:40 AM   #6
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Frodo Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Unfortunately, Meela dear, The dark-haird elf at Elrond's umm....left hand is Erestor, who is menntioned a few times in the book as Elrond's head councillor. If they were smart they would have put Glorfindel on his other side, oh well. <P> I have a suspicion that "Figwit" and his little friend that are sitting next to Aragorn are actually supposed to be Elladan and Elrohir, Elrond's sons. That makes sense because the twins and Aragorn hung out together quite a bit.
Old 05-05-2003, 09:12 AM   #7
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Sting

Good point. I hereby declare Figwit to be Elrohir. Suits him.
Old 05-05-2003, 03:03 PM   #8
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Hm. Figwit looks more like an Elladan to me...<P>Aside, I do hope that Elladan and Elrohir are in RotK. I don't know why, but I've always really liked those two. I hope PJ had the good sense to put them in.<p>[ May 05, 2003: Message edited by: Sapphire_Flame ]
Old 05-05-2003, 05:37 PM   #9
Arvedui
Haunting Spirit

Arvedui has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

I doubt heavily that any of the Rangers will ride south, for sadly the movie only mentions Gondor, not Arnor. The sons of Elrond may ride south, but I am doubting it right now.
When Elendil fell, Isildur departed to take up the high kingship of his father, and committed the rule of the south in like manner to the son of his brother. He did not relinquish his royalty in Gondor, nor intend that the realm of Elendil should be divided forever.
Arvedui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 10:21 PM   #10
Alatáriël Lossëhelin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: Road to Rivendell: 2491 miles from Hobbiton, with Frodo and Sam, homeward bound
Alatáriël Lossëhelin has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Elladan & Elrohir have always been two of my favorite characters, and I was really hoping to see them in at least one of the films. Since they weren't in the first two (or at least not identified to the audience), I hope they'll be in the third. If nothing else, they could show up with Elrond for their sister's wedding.
Old 05-06-2003, 04:59 PM   #11
Kiah
Animated Skeleton

Kiah has just left Hobbiton.
Question

Well the person behind Aragorn is Figwit a.k.a. Figwit the pouter, and Figwit the hotter than Legolas.
Old 05-07-2003, 08:37 AM   #12
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Figwit is purely an internet creation. What everyone is calling Figwit could certainly be one of Elrond's sons.<P>H.C.
Old 05-07-2003, 08:59 AM   #13
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
GaladrieloftheOlden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Pipe

From his fanpage... <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Q: I heard he is actually one of Elrond's sons -Elladan or Elrohir. Is this true?<BR>A: According to the Decipher card release, Elrond's sons are not the two sitting on either side of him at the Council. Though Elladan and Elrohir were in Rivendell during the council, we cannot say for sure *where* they were, so it remains a possibility. So we can still dream about him being one of Elrond's sons. Surely his gorgeousness befits a son of Elrond! <BR> <BR> Q: What about the possibility of him being Galdor, Erestor or Glorfindel?<BR>A: No <BR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> It then continues to give up photos of Galdor and Erestor, who both look dorky as I thought Elves could not be <P>~Menelien<P><BR>Edit: And Glorfindel is a blonde.<p>[ May 07, 2003: Message edited by: GaladrieloftheOlden ]
Old 05-11-2003, 11:16 PM   #14
Legolas
A Northern Soul

Legolas has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> But her brothers, Elladan and Elrohir, were out upon errantry: for they rode often far afield with the Rangers of the North, forgetting never their mother's torment in the dens of the orcs. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Elladan and Elrohir were not in Rivendell at the time of the Council of Elrond. Peter Jackson placing them there would not have surprised me, but if he had, they would've said something or been introduced at the least. These are the grandsons of Galadriel and the brothers of Arwen - surely they were more attractive than those notably dorky looking elves present at the Council. If they're included, I imagine they'll be played by younger actors too.
Old 05-12-2003, 12:15 AM   #15
Arathiriel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Well Legolas I will continue to hope that we will see Elladan and Elrohir in ROTK until I see the end credits of that movie...
Old 05-12-2003, 05:31 AM   #16
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

I tell you what, Elladan and Elrohir better be in it, or there will be hell to pay!!!!!

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 05-12-2003, 10:28 PM   #17
Alatáriël Lossëhelin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: Road to Rivendell: 2491 miles from Hobbiton, with Frodo and Sam, homeward bound
Alatáriël Lossëhelin has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR><BR>---------------------------------------------<P>But her brothers, Elladan and Elrohir, were out upon errantry: for they rode often far afield with the Rangers of the North, forgetting never their mother's torment in the dens of the orcs.<BR> <BR>---------------------------------------------<P>Elladan and Elrohir were not in Rivendell at the time of the Council of Elrond. Peter Jackson placing them there would not have surprised me, but if he had, they would've said something or been introduced at the least. These are the grandsons of Galadriel and the brothers of Arwen - surely they were more attractive than those notably dorky looking elves present at the Council. If they're included, I imagine they'll be played by younger actors too.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><B>Legolas:</B> Actually, they <B>were</B> there for the Council, just not for the feast. Afterwards, in the Hall of Fire, Strider tells Bilbo: "I know," he said. "But often I must put mirth aside. Elladan and Elrohir have returned out of the Wild unlooked-for, and they had tidings that I wished to hear at once."
Old 05-13-2003, 09:55 PM   #18
Legolas
A Northern Soul

Legolas has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Ah...true, my mistake. But not in the Council, as the topic is wondering.
Old 05-13-2003, 09:59 PM   #19
Leona
Animated Skeleton

Leona has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

You guys, I agree with all your choices but I've definatly heard rumers there will be no scouring of the shire. Oh well, i think that one little detail I'm afraid will be overlooked is that during one of the battles after Aragorn and his companions travel the Path of the Dead, Legolas is supposed to hear the cry of a seagull. I know it's just a little detail but PJ is going to pay if he leaves it out
Old 05-15-2003, 05:24 AM   #20
Lady_Báin
Wight

Lady_Báin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

HOLD UP HOLD UP!!! Back up here. Did no one notice the wierd and random post of Helkahothion? <BR> <BR> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Well, they DID gave Sauron a part in it, and he is totaly unimportant right? I mean, I have not read the books, but I don't think he is doing somehting majore. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>was that a joke or something that i tooooooootally missed hmmm just wierd thats all.<P><BR>Okay anyway i highly doubt that those two random eves are supposed to be Elladan and Elrohir the reason being that they don't really look the same at all, nevermind them being twins.
Old 05-15-2003, 07:41 PM   #21
Arafangwen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: WtR: 413 miles/Floating happily across the floor in the arms of The Phantom.....
Arafangwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Arafangwen Send a message via AIM to Arafangwen
Silmaril

Has anyone else heard that "Figwit", or whatever you want to call him, is the son of Viggo in real life?
Arafangwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 12:45 AM   #22
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Viggo's son is Henry, and he was 12 when LORT was made... Figwit is a NZ guy called Brett something or other...

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 05-16-2003, 04:36 AM   #23
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Sting

Apparently Viggo had another son who was in his 20's or something. Also apparently, he has been married 3 times. We only here about Henry, and I doubt he has other kids.
Old 05-17-2003, 01:05 AM   #24
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Meela I can understand that... I wuld like to meet this 20something son of his... very much so...

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 05-17-2003, 07:44 PM   #25
Arathiriel
Shade of Carn Dûm

The more I watch the Council of Elronf scene the more convinced I am that the two Elves I thought were Elladan and Elrohir <B>are</B> them!<P>There are various times throughout the scene you can get a good look at them and until we know for sure otherwise I choose to think that those two Elves are the sons of Elrond!<P>
Old 05-21-2003, 01:39 PM   #26
dunadan_aragorn
Wight

dunadan_aragorn has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to dunadan_aragorn
Sting

Quoth the Raven<BR>FIGWIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <BR>Nevrmore
dunadan_aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote