The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-28-2007, 05:05 AM   #1
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand Admin thread - Werewolf Four and Thirty: Bloodbath in the Anduin Vale

Sign-up is open for Werewolf Four and Thirty: Bloodbath in the Anduin Vale.

Current players:

Mormegil
Rikae - the naughty delegate from the village with the unlikely name of Castle Anthrax
Durelin
Aganzir - the Dwarf delegate of a Woodsmen village
Gil-Galad
Shastanis Althreduin - the extremely detail-oriented centaur delegate from the Plains
Volo - the very hairy delegate from as far as it gets
Nogrod - the moody delegate from the Witch-burners' village who is ready and willing to form a theory to suit his feelings whatever the facts ...
Boromir88 - the filibuster delegate from Laketown, whose geography is not that good
Meneltarmacil - ye Olde Knighte delegate
The Sixth Wizard
Thinlómien
Legate of Amon Lanc - the De-Legate of Amon Lanc
Kath
Isabellkya
the guy who be short - the delegate from nearby Necropolis
xyzzy
Mithalwen - the delegate of an anarco-sydicalist commune, taking her turn as a sort of executive officer for the week
Feanor of the Peredhil - the slightly offbeat delegate who offers controversial suggestions to the moot regardless of lycanthropic tendencies
Rune Son of Bjarne

The game will require at least 20 players, and sign-up will close once at least 20 players have signed up. The background to the game is set out in the game thread. The game takes place in the deserted village of Woodgard, where a moot is to take place to decide on what action to take to deal with a terrible evil which had befallen the land. Players should assume the role of delegates from other Woodsmen villages, who have been sent to attend the moot.

There will, of course, also be hidden roles, but the nature of these will not be revealed, other than in the briefings sent at the outset to those who have hidden roles. You may also be given additional information on the hidden roles in the narratives and, if you have a hidden roles, in any reports of the outcome of your Night-time activities.

General rules

The game will start with a Day phase.

There will be no multiple lynchings. In the event of a tie, the person who first received the highest number of votes will be lynched.

Votes are non-retractable.

No one should sign up if they think that they will not be able to post much throughout the game. There will be no modfire, though, so, if they do, it’s up to the players to deal with anyone who is inactive, or largely inactive.

You can make whatever claims in the game thread you want, but under no circumstances should you post anything that would give your claim absolute credibility. You are not allowed to post any PMs or other private conversation between yourself and the game moderator or other players. Infractions of this rule are grounds for immediately disqualification from the game.

Any explanations of absence etc should be posted in the Admin thread. Nothing else should be posted there during the game’s duration. Once you are killed, you should no longer post in this thread or the game thread, communicate with players that are still alive in the game. You're dead. Dead people tell no tales.

Unless your hidden role expressly allows it, you should not communicate privately with any other player, either by PM or otherwise, about the game. Again, infractions of this rule are grounds for immediately disqualification from the game.

Timing

The deadline for Days and Nights will be 11.30pm British Summer Time (BST=GMT+1). Those who have hidden roles which allow Night-time activity must send me details of what they are doing at least one hour before the deadline. I will allow some flexibility here, but anyone who fails to meet this deadline risks not having their chosen Night time activity take place.

Should the game be continuing on 15 June, there will be a short break of 4 days, as I will be away during that time.

And finally …

It’s only a game so don’t give offence. It’s only a game so don’t be offended.

Last edited by The Saucepan Man; 05-31-2007 at 04:32 PM.
The Saucepan Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 05:09 AM   #2
The Sixth Wizard
Shade of Carn Dûm

The Sixth Wizard has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to The Sixth Wizard
Woo! First post! I am allowed to post now, aren't I? Sorry in advance if not.

Looking forward to this game, Saucepan. And I get to play with mormegil the Mod for the first time. Hoping to be a Gifted or better!
The Sixth Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 05:26 AM   #3
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Okay. I was pondering now whether I should join or whether it wouldn't be better to have a short break, because I have really lots of things to do now. Two times I opened the thread to sign up and two times I closed it, because I decided not to. Now, for the third time, I just said "gaah, and so what!", thus, SpM, please sign me in. After all, I always managed to get some time for WW, and I surely will now as well. Hooray!
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 08:53 AM   #4
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Looks good... Only seven players more needed.

I'm probably not able to stay online at the last hours everytime as it will be 1.30 AM here. But we have vacations coming our way as the school ends in the next weekend. And yes, from that on I will be sharing the computer with Lommy once again...

We'll just hope Lommy's little sis doesn't get too frustrated while we play... Or maybe we could at last persuade her to join a game! Although that would mean three people sharing the same PC.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 11:15 AM   #5
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Oooooo...it has "blood" in the title...I must be in this game...
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 01:53 PM   #6
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
*waits for enough people to sign up* I can get one more, via my vast recruiting skillz. XD
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 02:12 PM   #7
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin
I can get one more, via my vast recruiting skillz. XD
I just talked with Lommy on the phone. We try our best/worst to get Lommy's sis to join the game as they will at last have a net-access from their home, probably tomorrow... She's the brightest one of us...
Old 05-28-2007, 02:46 PM   #8
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Sauce modding and the whole Nogrod Dynasty playing.. and maybe morm -seriously scary stuff...

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 03:19 PM   #9
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Ah that last game gave me the bug again. Sign me up Sauce, if you'll have me.
Old 05-28-2007, 03:28 PM   #10
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen
the whole Nogrod Dynasty playing..
Maybe it should be called Lommy-dynasty as she was the first one of us here... and she's the most Tolkienish of us anyway. But yeah, it would be fun to have Lommy's sis in the game as well. And scary as well... she's a menace. (Okay, I don't want to pile too much expectations on her but she sure is much shrewder than we two are. )

Nice to see you Dury & Kath around as well.
Old 05-28-2007, 05:37 PM   #11
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mith
Sauce modding and the whole Nogrod Dynasty playing.. and maybe morm -seriously scary stuff...
Does that mean I can add you to the sign-up list ...?
Old 05-28-2007, 05:59 PM   #12
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Nogrod Dynasty? Please enlighten me on this, Mith.

Pros: Unknown roles are nice and mysterious, and The Saucepan Mod should both do a good job at keeping things running smoothly and make for excellent death scenes.

Cons: I've died early on a LOT lately... and with Boromir88 in the game with me this time, my chances of surviving past Day Two or so aren't likely to improve much.

Meh. I'm still playing. As for my role, I think it might be time to bring back Ye Olde Knighte from games past.

Last edited by Meneltarmacil; 05-28-2007 at 06:03 PM.
Meneltarmacil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 11:50 PM   #13
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sign me up please.. I am finally on time and have a clear schedule to play a game!
Old 05-29-2007, 01:23 AM   #14
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
We try our best/worst to get Lommy's sis to join the game . . . . .
There's some work to do on that field! My try yesterday was quite fruitless and had no results except me managing to study less for the Geography exam...
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 05:54 AM   #15
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
With non-retractable votes...I'm good to go, much less of a chance of having those last second bandwagons of everyone switching their votes .

haha, Menel, well last game I was a bit off so maybe you could get rid of me before I get to you.
Old 05-29-2007, 06:07 AM   #16
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
Oh, go on then! It is exam time after all, and Werewolf is perfect for adding interest to those hours not spent revising.
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 06:58 AM   #17
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

White-Hand

List of players updated.

A minimum of four more players are needed - plus final confirmations from those who are still queries (morm and Aganzir).

If you want, you can state your game role here - remember you are all taking the roles of delegates to the moot from outlying Woodsman villages. Game roles do not, however, need to be stated here, as you can introduce yourself in the game thread once the game starts.

If possible, I would like to start the game tomorrow (Wednesday) night (11.30pm BST), so anyone else who wants to play should sign up ASAP.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:27 AM   #18
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
This is a tough one. . .I really want to play, but if the game is not started tomorrow then it will mean that the deadline is half an hour before I get off work, which means I cannot be around for the last 5 1/2 hours of the day.

OK sign me up

If the game starts tomorrow there will be no complications for me until tuesday.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 08:36 AM   #19
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Ooh, I shall be the filibuster delegate from Laketown (that's around the area - right? Forgive me my geography is not that good and if not than just give me a new town to 'hail' from. )
Old 05-29-2007, 09:15 AM   #20
xyzzy
Haunting Spirit

xyzzy is still gossiping in the Green Dragon.
Unfortunately, various circumstances kept me from being very active last game, which was annoying.

But now I can be active, so I'll sign up.
xyzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 10:32 AM   #21
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saucepan Man
Does that mean I can add you to the sign-up list ...?

Oh go on..if it is going to start v soon. I was going to worry that I don't know about work etc but I seem to be taking up your mantle of worrying about availability only to die quickly....

Old 05-29-2007, 10:52 AM   #22
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Thumbs up

Cool - list updated.

Two more needed, although the game can support more. So come on in and sign up. You know you want to.
Old 05-29-2007, 06:32 PM   #23
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
If there's still room I would like to sign up for this game.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:28 PM   #24
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Oh, I would really love to participate in this game, but unfortunately I can't. I'm flying out to Georgia (for my sister's graduation) on the 31st and I won't be back until June 9, and by then the game will probably already be close to being over. *sob* While I'm excited about seeing my sister, I really hate the idea of missing a game, which only further proves how terribly addicted I am. Perhaps a short break will be good for my health (and my sanity)...though I doubt it...

Anyways, this does look like a great game, and I think it will turn out to be very interesting indeed. I hope you guys have lots of fun, and I wish you all the best of luck.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:48 PM   #25
The Sixth Wizard
Shade of Carn Dûm

The Sixth Wizard has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to The Sixth Wizard
Quote:
and maybe morm -seriously scary stuff...
Yes, what is mormegil like to play with/against anyway?

And I feel in a reading mood... Does anyone know some classic WW games?
The Sixth Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 05:00 AM   #26
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Be afraid, be very afraid..

He was a wolf in the first game I modded and was very scary - Night 2 ie first choice - The Seer dreamt of him, the Ranger protected him and the Mythomaniac wanted to be him! Mr Charisma..then he helped persuade everyone that the Seer was a wolf... it was a very short game.

He also has always known the truth about me, good or bad.
He identified me as a wolf practically before I opened my maw in My fenris wolf game...

However his fearsome reputation means he gets killed early often so I hope he getsa a good run in a game with so many strong players.

Old 05-30-2007, 05:49 AM   #27
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen
then he helped persuade everyone that the Seer was a wolf...
Hrr... I really hope I'm on the same side with a person like that
Old 05-30-2007, 06:38 AM   #28
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

White-Hand

Roll up! Roll up!

Only one more player needed and we can start tonight.

Oh, and are you OK to go, morm and Aganzir?
Old 05-30-2007, 07:10 AM   #29
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I was really looking forward to this game, but I was just informed of a family vacation that falls right in the middle of game play. I am afraid I must pull out. I'm pretty bummed that I'll have to miss this and I'm sorry for pulling out like this.
Old 05-30-2007, 09:38 AM   #30
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

White-Hand

That's a shame, Kitanna. You'll be missed.

Bah! Now we still need two more and an imminent start is looking less likely.

Any of the 'old hands' fancy donning their Werewolfin' paws once more? Phantom? Fea? Kuru? lmp? TORE?

And where are Ang, Di and Roa?

Any others? All are welcome to join the bloodbath ...
Old 05-30-2007, 10:06 AM   #31
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Ang has his A levels ..... while I have absolute faith in his abilities, I can't help thinking it would be irresponsible to cajole him into playing.

Old 05-30-2007, 10:56 AM   #32
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I'll play. If the game starts this early, I'll have time.

I'd like to be a Dwarf delegate, living in a Woodsmen village, if possible.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:59 AM   #33
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Oh and can I be the representative from an anarco-sydicalist commune, taking my turn as a sort of executive officer for that week?

Old 05-30-2007, 12:53 PM   #34
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Boots

I'll be some very hairy delegate from as far as it gets.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:50 PM   #35
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
I would like to play, if I may.

I shall most likely be the slightly offbeat delegate who offers controversial suggestions to the moot regardless of lycanthropic tendencies.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:54 PM   #36
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

I am leaving now and may not be online tomorrow - I am starting a new assignment and then am going out so... will try to sneak on for a few mins if at all possible.

Old 05-30-2007, 02:06 PM   #37
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Welcome aboard Fea...I guess this means there will be the mutual feeling of neither of us resting in peace until the other is dead.
Old 05-30-2007, 02:48 PM   #38
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I'd like to be an extremely detail-oriented centaur delegate from the Plains. o.o
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 03:45 PM   #39
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88
Welcome aboard Fea...I guess this means there will be the mutual feeling of neither of us resting in peace until the other is dead.
And here I was going to concentrate my efforts on TGW--

I mean...

Yeah.

Sure thing.

EDIT: On a side note, I'm moving tomorrow, so if we start tonight, I might be a little disjointed for the next 24 hours.

Last edited by Feanor of the Peredhil; 05-30-2007 at 03:53 PM.
Feanor of the Peredhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 04:03 PM   #40
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Gah, Mith already took the representative from the anarcho-syndicalist village... And I wouldn't like to represent the village of the Nights who say Ni or the followers of the Brave Sir Robin either...

So maybe I'm just a moody representative of the Witch-burners village who is ready and willing to form a theory to suit his feelings whatever the facts...

And btw. Saturday is just horror for me so if it's a Day you won't here much from me if anything.

But this looks good! Nice to see you Fea as well! Hopefully we have the last representative soon before anyone has to quit...