The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-13-2007, 07:43 AM   #1
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Tolkien Admin thread for WWXXXV: Werewolves among the Wolf-men

Now, we journey back into the mists of time...

Amon Rûdh. A lone hill on the plains west of the valley of Sirion. In its depths, in halls delved aeons ago by forgotten hands, several Outlaws hide from the searching eyes of Morgoth's spies. These men (and women) gathered from all over the Beleriand on rumour of the Dragon Helm of Dor-Lómin, which appeared again in these lands. Brave and weak, sly and meek, bandits and veterans, soldiers and settlers: these people have gathered here on Amon Rûdh, by chance, it could be said. But not all of them are just simple folk: several Morgoth's spies, vicious spirits disguised in human form, have managed to sneak to the ranks of the Outlaws of Amon Rûdh. They cannot reach their master Morgoth now and cannot hope to defeat all the Outlaws at once. So, under the cover of night, they take on their true form – that of the dire wolves, and they try to kill the Outlaws one by one, until there are so few left that they can easily overpower them. But the Outlaws know how to defend themselves, so they start restless hunt for the terrible Werewolves – hunt started by a man who, now hidden among the Outlaws, was once called Túrin, son of Húrin of Dor-Lómin...

Dear Downers, friends, fellow Werewolf players, Tolkien-lovers, and especially you who count yourselves among the fans of the amazing tale of Túrin Turambar. I would like to welcome you on the admin thread for the Werewolf XXXV game, which will be, for this time, taking place in ages long past, in times when Shadow crept from the North and the fate of Beleriand darkened. In this game, I am hoping to give you the possibility of taking part in one of Middle-Earth's most famous stories, experiencing on your own skin the feelings of Túrin, Beleg and many others as the Outlaws of Amon Rûdh. This is the time of decision, time of doubts and danger. Do you dare to enter the secret halls of Amon Rûdh, delved in ages past by Petty Dwarves? And if you do, will you be able to come out again?

We are, of course, creating an „alternate history“ fiction here, so I made some little changes to the story of Túrin to have it suitable and interesting for the game. I think the game could be suitable even for newcoming players, but on the other hand I think it might be interesting enough for the veterans. This game will feature three Werewolves and a good deal of „innocent“ Outlaws (as much as we can get), as well as the „Gifted“ roles of Beleg and Túrin, and some (little) surprises.

Signed up:

Rikae
Shastanis Althreduin
Nogrod
Macalaure
Isabellkya
Brinniel
Lhunardawen
xyzzy
Gil-Galad
the guy who be short
Mithalwen
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories

Last edited by Legate of Amon Lanc; 06-24-2007 at 01:30 PM.
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 07:46 AM   #2
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Rules

Concerning narrations

The narrations will reflect the game as closely as possible, including peoples' roles, significant events during the Night, plus (eventually) the personalities of the characters. If there is to be spoken about an unknown person, the person will be referred to in the narration as „he“. Roleplaying in this game is supported, though not necessary. Personally I think it would be best for you players to choose for yourselves here on this thread if you want it or not, since I know how distracting it may be, but I also know many people will like it. In case you choose to include roleplaying in the game, I would welcome everyone who wishes to PM me his role: concerning appearance, description of character personality; and also some brief (or even less brief, if you wish) summary of the character's past and how he/she got among the Outlaws will be nice. Remember please, whatever personality and past you take, it should correspond with the late First Age in Beleriand, at the time Túrin and the Outlaws settled at Amon Rûdh.
Knowledge of the tale of Túrin is recommended (for proper game experience as for basic orientation. It is not of course a necessity, but as I said, recommended. To those who do not know the tale and might want to read it in future, WARNING: WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS).

General Rules

The game starts on Monday 25th June, 8 PM GMT with Night 1.

Every Day lasts, of course, 24 real time hours and every Night as well. We start with a Night phase, where no kill is made and no special ability is used. Concerning the deadline, my initial proposal will be 8 PM GMT (9 PM BST). If you'd like something different, I'm open to your suggestions and will do my best to find something suitable for everybody, though in the end the main criterion will still be my timetable.

During the Day, the village chooses a person to lynch this Day by voting. The person who gets the most votes at the time of deadline is dead and can no longer post on the game thread as well as on the admin thread until the game ends.
Votes posted on the game thread should be on a separate line, boldened, marked with „++“ and clearly indicating the name of the person chosen to vote, like this:

++Legate of Amon Lanc

Every person has two votes per Day, meaning he can retract once a vote he cast before. Retraction (and the new vote, eventually) should look on the game thread like this:

--Legate of Amon Lanc
+++Legate of Amon Rûdh

If there are equal votes for two persons, the first person who reached the highest number of votes is lynched. So no double-lynches.

Roleplaying is compulsory in this game. This means, you post in-character, but from a second-person point of view, i.e. describing what your character does and says, like
Quote:
Legate of Amon Lanc stepped forward. "I did not know he was innocent!" he shouted at Legate of Amon Rûdh.
Not
Quote:
I did not know he was innocent!
In last minute retraction frays, you may eventually skip it and post just votes (but it will be nicer to and maybe it will help you not to end in these last minute frays).

AND, since we are doing this, you should leave the smilies and your signatures out of the posts. With the signatures, you can either set it in your profile, or you may check it individually at each post you make (it's down there under the "Addittional Options", "SHOW YOUR SIGNATURE", so you just un-check the box).

Posts can be edited for spelling mistakes or for noting cross-posting, but the content cannot be changed.
Out-game discussion about the game is not allowed. Only the roles that are allowed to PM each other can PM about the game at Night.
Admin thread can be used only for explanation of out-game problems and apologies for non-participation. Bearing in mind problems from latter games, I'd suggest you sign up only if you really think you'll be able to actively participate most of the time. I know I'm maybe ruining my own possible clientel by saying that, but I think it's better to have less players who participate surely than more players who fall off during the course of the game. I think it's disturbing for the players as well for the Mod himself, whatever the person's role is.
Person who does not vote for two days in a row will be eliminated from the game by the Mod. (amnesty may be granted by the Mod)

Please, don't forget to turn yourselves invisible before Night 1 starts! (For those who may not know, turning invisible is performed by clicking on your User CP, choosing „Edit Options“ and checking the „Use Invisible Mode“ field, then scrolling down the page and hitting „Save Changes“.)

Roles - summary

Three Werewolves, who try to appear like normal Outlaws at Day and PM each other at Night, while choosing one person to kill every Night.
A number of Ordinary Outlaws – the more, the merrier – who post at Day and try to lynch all the Wolves one by one.
Túrin, a special „Gifted“ role with special abilities, on the side of the Outlaws.
Beleg, a special „Gifted“ role with special abilities, on the side of the Outlaws.
Some more unknown roles... As soon as the game thread is up (in a day or two), you'll be able to catch a glimpse of them in the narration. Though nothing will be said for certain.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories

Last edited by Legate of Amon Lanc; 06-24-2007 at 02:05 PM.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:52 AM   #3
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Sounds all too intriguing... put me down as a questionmark. I'll ask you to take my name off later if it seems I won't be able to participate.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 10:36 AM   #4
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
This sounds like some fun. I would like to join. However I will be gone friday night and all day saturday.. just to let you know if signups fill quickly.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:53 AM   #5
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
In case enough people will not sign up until June 27 (improbable, isn't it?), I'd like to play. Before that I'm afraid I'll have no time.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:23 PM   #6
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Looks interesting. I'm anxious to get back into WW again, so go ahead and sign me up.

Also, if this game starts really soon (before the 18th), I may not post so often. After that, I will have more time. Another note: while I should be able to post fairly frequently (after the 17th), I'm not sure how often I'll be there each Day right before the deadline (work related reasons), so I may have to vote a few hours early a lot. I just thought I might warn everyone now since I tend to get killed whenever I vote early...
Old 06-13-2007, 01:06 PM   #7
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel
I just thought I might warn everyone now since I tend to get killed whenever I vote early...
I had the impression you tend to get killed early every time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir
In case enough people will not sign up until June 27 (improbable, isn't it?), I'd like to play. Before that I'm afraid I'll have no time
That's a pity. Even if it went that slow, I don't have any specified number of players needed for this game, and I'd like to start as early as possible... so it indeed looks like you'll miss this one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya
However I will be gone friday night and all day saturday.. just to let you know if signups fill quickly.
Don't worry, and here you sort of played into my hand because I'd like to announce that I'm gone friday night and all day saturday (uh? No, really...) so I won't be able to check back these days, but this does not mean you couldn't sign up on these days We'll see how the sign-ups go, and if it will go well, then I'd like to start the game shortly after that.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:07 PM   #8
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
I really shouldn't be doing this...

...but please put Lhunardawen down with a question mark.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 10:46 PM   #9
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc about Brinniel
Well, she deserves it!

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 12:11 AM   #10
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen
...but please put Lhunardawen down with a question mark.
Great! Welcome on board! I never saw you in action, so I hope I may this time.

Rune, what about you? Just passing by, or are you pondering joining in too? (so that you may contribute to Brinniel's death once more?)

Last edited by Legate of Amon Lanc; 06-14-2007 at 12:14 AM.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:25 AM   #11
The Sixth Wizard
Shade of Carn Dûm

The Sixth Wizard has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to The Sixth Wizard
Put me down as a question mark. I think I might sit this one out, but you never know.
The Sixth Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 12:55 AM   #12
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Well, let's see if I can change that...

And if not...well, I guess I'll just have to set some sort of record for all my early deaths, won't I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune
Well, she deserves it!
Pfft... Nice to know you take sport in killing me...

Fine. If that is so, you should join then. In fact, I dare you to. I am more than ready to battle it out with you.

Anyways, I'm really pumped for this game. I even just had a much needed refresher on Chapter 21 of The Silmarillion. WW is always a perfect excuse to sit down for a good read.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:13 AM   #13
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Rûdh
Werewolf seems like a nice way to reintroduce oneself to the barrows, and to Tolkien.

8 PM GMT is 4 AM my time so you need to get used to my early votes. (Again.)

As for roleplaying - I guess females will have to remain so? In that case, it will be a good exercise in roleplaying to come up with a good reason for a female to suddenly find herself among the Outlaws. Hmm.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:14 AM   #14
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc

Rune, what about you? Just passing by, or are you pondering joining in too? (so that you may contribute to Brinniel's death once more?)
Even though I do love to play with Lhuna and I do love to Kill Brinniel I am just passing by, I need a short brake from ww.

I will probably return shortly though.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 07:28 AM   #15
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
As for roleplaying - I guess females will have to remain so? In that case, it will be a good exercise in roleplaying to come up with a good reason for a female to suddenly find herself among the Outlaws. Hmm.
Well, even a woman can end among the Outlaws. If you choose a role however, you don't necessarily have to remain as female if you want to...

Since we already started about this topic, unless all the female players (of which there are, thus far, majority) decide to be presented as male Outlaws in this game, it is not impossible that Beleg or Túrin, though they are male, cannot cover in female disguise... (a clever trick to hide yourself, wouldn't it be?)
Old 06-14-2007, 07:45 AM   #16
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Quote:
Even though I do love to play with Lhuna and I do love to Kill Brinniel I am just passing by, I need a short brake from ww.
Um, well, unfortunately, if I DO decide to join, this might be the only chance I get before I'm swamped with schoolwork.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Well, even a woman can end among the Outlaws. If you choose a role however, you don't necessarily have to remain as female if you want to...

Since we already started about this topic, unless all the female players (of which there are, thus far, majority) decide to be presented as male Outlaws in this game, it is not impossible that Beleg or Túrin, though they are male, cannot cover in female disguise... (a clever trick to hide yourself, wouldn't it be?)
I opt to stay stubbornly female. It makes for greater confusion, this gender issue, which is always fun in a Werewolf game.

Besides, Beleg and Túrin are just roles assigned, aren't they, for the sake of storytelling? So the players shouldn't let gender affect their decision-making in the game so far as these roles are concerned, just like we don't single out males ALONE as werewolves since there are not much known female werewolves in literature.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:51 AM   #17
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Besides, Beleg and Túrin are just roles assigned, aren't they, for the sake of storytelling? So the players shouldn't let gender affect their decision-making in the game so far as these roles are concerned, just like we don't single out males ALONE as werewolves since there are not much known female werewolves in literature.
Of course they are. I just wanted to point that out in case someone somehow came to the conclusion that their players have to be male.

And, does it mean I should remove the question mark after your name?
Old 06-14-2007, 11:45 AM   #18
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'd like to actually be in this game, and not just on the list.

Thank ye.

And I'm going to be male for this game. Or just sexually ambiguous.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 11:50 AM   #19
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin
I'd like to actually be in this game, and not just on the list.

Thank ye.

And I'm going to be male for this game. Or just sexually ambiguous.
Roger, sir...
Old 06-14-2007, 02:39 PM   #20
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Quote:
Ah, well I understand. I'd be a bit afraid of me too if I were in your position. After all, I can be quite vicious if I want to be.

Lhuna, I really hope you join this game. I would love for an opportunity to play with you.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:41 PM   #21
xyzzy
Haunting Spirit

xyzzy is still gossiping in the Green Dragon.
Excuse me while I ponder for a moment whether I can do th-

OH YEAH. (I'm in, with a fury.)
xyzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 06:41 PM   #22
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Quote:
Of course they are. I just wanted to point that out in case someone somehow came to the conclusion that their players have to be male.

And, does it mean I should remove the question mark after your name?
I knew that would be your next question...

Oh fine, yes. I must be crazy, but yes, please count me in for good.
Old 06-15-2007, 04:47 AM   #23
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Wonderful! And xyzzy, welcome on board

Now the thing I spoke about earlier - I'm going to disappear for a day and bit, and I'll return on Sunday. Until then, everyone is of course welcome to sign up, I'll add your names to the list when I'm back. If anyone has any questions about the game, please post them, I'll also reply when I'm back.

I also pondered the datum of the start of the game. If all those who are signed up above indeed play, we have 11 people thus far. I'd like at least 16 (the more the better, of course) or something like that. It of course all depends on how the sign-ups go, but if enough people join, it will be nice to start on Monday 18th (8 PM GMT) with Night One. Of course, this is just a presumption, and it will depend on whether enough people join or not. But I wanted to post it here if it will be fine with everyone in case we'll be able to launch the game then.
(As a side note, since we are starting with a Night phase, if the sign-ups went indeed very well, we might even start Night 1 on Sunday evening and the Day would be on Monday. But we'll see if even there is enough people.)
Old 06-15-2007, 05:16 AM   #24
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Legate, you can remove my name (and the questionmark) from the list. It's a pity, but I won't be able to play. With the midsummer-thing and leaving to Berlin on the 27th I will be too much away to play...
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 08:27 PM   #25
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
sign me up
Old 06-16-2007, 02:07 AM   #26
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil-Galad
sign me up
I just hope you're a bit more active than in Spm's game...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 10:49 AM   #27
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
I just hope you're a bit more active than in Spm's game...

school is over for me and i graduated so i got no worries for a bit...
Old 06-17-2007, 11:34 AM   #28
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien
Legate, you can remove my name (and the questionmark) from the list. It's a pity, but I won't be able to play. With the midsummer-thing and leaving to Berlin on the 27th I will be too much away to play...
Pity, pity... we'll miss you. Enjoy the fests and Berlin, then...

And Gil-Galad, it's good to see you here! Glad to hear you have no worries so you can maximize your performance in the game
Old 06-17-2007, 09:47 PM   #29
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

White-Hand

Are we still carrying on with the roleplaying? Should we have already PMed our mini-character bios?
Old 06-17-2007, 11:36 PM   #30
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Well, thus far most people haven't expressed their opinions on that. But if you want, you may post me your mini-character bio if you have it.
Concerning this, I'd like people to decide here, because I think it's not much good if we end in some vacuum where half of the people roleplay and the other half wants to lynch them for that.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:02 AM   #31
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Hmm...well, I don't mind roleplaying for the first several posts as I think it's a good way to get the game going. But for the next Days, I'd rather not since in the end it only seems to cause confusion.

But I can go either way. I'm pretty flexible.

Btw, since we still only have 11 players, I'm guessing we aren't starting tomorrow?

Hurry and sign up people...I want to start playing already!
Old 06-18-2007, 01:20 AM   #32
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Okay, let's do it this way if everyone agrees.

Everyone send me some brief role description (as noted above in the 2nd post), it will be used in the narrations and you decide how much you roleplay in the game. Those who do not send me a role description only risk that I may portray them, if they are described in the narration, in a way they won't like. You really don't have to do anything much detailed if you do not want to, but who chooses to, surely will not pity and may feel becoming a part of the story of Túrin

Now concerning the sign-ups, I hope we have not stopped on a dead point. I know a village can be even small (and it will be quite a change against the massive villages we faced several times before), but still, 11 people is too few. Don't tell me no one will find a way to participate! Where are all these folks like SpM? tgwbs? Mith? Or any roleplayers who would like to have a little fear of unknown combined with it?

Wow! 1,000th post!
Old 06-18-2007, 08:47 AM   #33
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

I must agree with Brinniel - that's usually how it was in the games in which I've played. Once accusations are flying around, and not the random ones, the roleplaying aspect of the game is quite promptly dropped.

That's a great idea, Legate. I'll send my mini-bio as soon as I can.

Congratulations on your thousandth post!
Old 06-18-2007, 07:56 PM   #34
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I think there has been one game where the role-playing aspect got pretty far - not all the posts but on Day4 or something most of the posts were still in kind of in-character (that was Glirdy's game). It was no-nonsense but actual playing through from within the roles by everyone (well, most of us). I really enjoyed that one and would like to have another try of that here... And we really tried to make a difference there... and fought fiercely against any lazy ideas...

So I mean that we should avoid posting things like: "hi, I'm the weird one from X and doobie-doo...". That is a bad post... meriting a lynch in the first Day I say. That kind of an attitude to the posting would make the game very unentertaining indeed. In Glirdy's game everyone made their best and articulated their best arguments within the framework of the character they had. And it was fun.

So let's try it for real and play it in the middle of the summer and play it with quality!

Try it, You'll like it!

PS. A bio coming hopefully sooner than later... but coming.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:08 PM   #35
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
But shouldn't everyone be allowed to play with their own style? It is just a game, after all. Setting down rules (okay, general guidelines...ew, no, that was not a Pirates reference) for lynching someone just because of their playing style seems to be taking it in a direction I personally really don't like...
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 06:44 AM   #36
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Surely, but I think what Nogrod proposed is a nice idea. It's up to players how it will form: but if people post in-character, I think given the current numbers others will "catch the environment" and join them...

Since we have still 11 people, but I don't want to stretch it and really start as soon as possible. So I'm more or less starting to think that we'll have to play in really low numbers. But 11 would be a killer. I'd like to go with 13 at minimum.

On the other hand, I think there is one bonus from the lower numbers, because I think the lower numbers could make it a more "family-friendly" (ha, ha) setting, and players may, you know, give themselves more to the game, to contact with others more personally, and so on. Combined with the roleplaying it may be very good game.

Whatever way it turns, I'm not delaying the game much more now. If you have ideas on who could be interested, tell me and I might try to contact them to invite them.

Hey folks! Is there really no one who would like to join?

I would like to start quite soon now. So we will probably start in a day or two... and maybe in 11 people...
Old 06-19-2007, 06:57 AM   #37
The Sixth Wizard
Shade of Carn Dûm

The Sixth Wizard has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to The Sixth Wizard
I'm real sorry Legate, but I think I'll have to pull out. I'm not finding any time at the moment and want to stay off the computer for a bit. Once again, sorry.
The Sixth Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 07:09 AM   #38
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

...10?

No, no, wait - treacheryyy! No way! Ten people? That's too much! Totally deadly! Do I now resemble a man on an auction where he's forced to drop the price? Okay, okay, 11 people will suffice...

Is there anyone around? SpM? All the notorious players? Where are you when we need you?

*ahem* All right, what do you folks say on having a little village with 10 people? I strongly emphasise that in that case it's going to be a really, really brutal.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:51 AM   #39
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
...10?

No, no, wait - treacheryyy! No way! Ten people? That's too much! Totally deadly! Do I now resemble a man on an auction where he's forced to drop the price? Okay, okay, 11 people will suffice...
How about we wait until the Midsummer's eve is over and start the next week? I think it was at least Aganzir who said she could play then and maybe well get some others in as well? If I remeber it correctly it was the same last summer that we didn't have many games as people were having summer-holidays. But we should absolutely play this one!

But next week then? I myself will be away Fri-Mon and will be all for the game from Tuesday on.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:12 AM   #40
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Well, it will be nice. But it may have several setbacks - someone might like to play sooner more than later. I think it was Rikae who said something like that... Personally, I'd also like more starting earlier, otherwise if the game took too long it could happen that the Mod may not be able to mod... (or better said, I'm not at home some time in July and I don't know if I'll have net access... maybe yes, but it's quite risky since I don't know for certain - I'll rely on Wi-fi). It depends also on the other players, so what do you others say?