The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-12-2006, 09:28 PM   #1
Mänwe
Shade of Carn Dûm

Mänwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Mänwe
Tolkien Late Nighter's.

Well as I sit here at 3:45am in dark and cold Newcastle, my mind reverts to the "You know when you are addicted to the Barrow-Downs when..." thread, in particular to the comment where members end up watching the "Who's online" page.

Well I think I am turning into one of them...I can't seem to log off. That and the thought of missing a good thread.

I was wondering if there were any others out there who are in the same situation, finding themselves online till late. This thread for me is rather like the "Late Night Bus" here for students who find themselves out past the closing time of public transport after a particularly heavy night and in need of a lift home!

Ahh what we would do without the "Late Night Bus"...although you have to find your way back to the Union first...

[Later Edit]
Note I would be out with them if it were not for a fencing farsity match tomorrow, I mean today. I've signed a "no-alcohol policy" before matches....something bought in by those pesky "New Shire" representatives I'm guessing! Blast
them!

That and revision is upon us students, the holy hours of "cramming" have begun. So while I write and read fantastic threads, I revise.

Or if you are not a "Late Nighter" then please, keep me and any other late nighters company...
- (Letter #124 To Sir Stanley Unwin)

Last edited by Mänwe; 12-12-2006 at 10:18 PM.
Mänwe is offline   Reply With Quote