The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2001, 06:57 AM   #1
Evenspire
Haunting Spirit

Evenspire has just left Hobbiton.
Ring When watching LOTR at home:

<BR>When watching the movie at home, What can we do to make the experience really wonderful? I plan to buy a bigger, better TV and player. And you can bet that I'll turn out the lights. <p></p>
Evenspire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2001, 10:14 AM   #2
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

HerenIstarion is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to HerenIstarion
Ring

I'll fetch all the speakers available to switch them on to my TV, and surely I will make the place dark. But better than that would be to upgrade my video and sound cards and buy it on DVD.

- Would you believe in the love at first sight?
- Yes I'm certain that it happens all the time!

Last edited by HerenIstarion; 11-29-2004 at 05:11 PM. Reason: sweeping party
HerenIstarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2001, 05:32 PM   #3
Evenspire
Haunting Spirit

Evenspire has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR>At home</b><br><br> I figured on getting a DVD player by then as well. Maybe a gift for Christmas! And it is a good idea to hook up the speakers. I hope the sound effects and music are really good. It would be worth renting a big-screen TV for a week. I don't have the space to buy one.<br> <br> Hmmm. What to eat though...mushrooms? nah.. <p></p>
Evenspire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2001, 10:19 PM   #4
GandaIf The White
Shade of Carn Dûm

GandaIf The White has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR><br><br> I will be smoking a pipe. <p>"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."</p>
GandaIf The White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2001, 02:49 AM   #5
Telchar
Stonehearted Dwarf Smith

Telchar has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR><br><br> well - I plan on installing a glassdoor in my fridge, then I'll put my TV in front of the fridge, so I can sit inside it (the fridge) and look at the TV, wearing headphones, a hat with a blue feather, pink boxershort and yellow boots, eating mushrooms...<br> <br> EVERYONE TO HIS OWN LIKINGS</b> <p>Anar kaluva tielyanna!</p>
Old 07-10-2001, 06:34 PM   #6
SteadfastSam
Seeker of Light

SteadfastSam has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR><br><br> I plan to be rich and famous be that point and have a private theater. <p>"Good Morning!" said the dragon. "You seem surprised."<BR>"Good Morning! said Farmer Giles. "I am that!" <BR><i>Farmer Giles of Ham </i></p>
SteadfastSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2001, 04:52 PM   #7
Samwise of the shire
Wight

Samwise of the shire has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR><br><br> Hey Telcar dont forget the blankets . Hmmm My TV is fine for me,I go downstairs(where my TV is located)and set up this wonderfully soft and comforatble place to sit(with as many blankets as possible on top of my big green fold up beds and camping mats-you know with a soft blanket on top and a small little dent thing in the mat and a soft blanket over that-),then I take all the chips,dips, two liter soda pops and cookies(that I pursuaded my Mom to buy for me), a friend(who will help me dimolish the snacks and who will also injoy seeing Elijah Wood), and of course the rented FOTR movie, then I sit back and injoy.Sounds okey day to me, (whhhoooaa hold on Sam you forgot the Pizza, okay blink out the cookies pop the pizza in there instead. )<br> Yeah now that sounds like a party for a wild Fourteen year old<br> the undoubtedly crazy<br> Sam <p> Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons. For you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.</p>
Samwise of the shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2001, 11:34 AM   #8
Elerrina
Pile O'Bones

Elerrina has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR><br><br> Ummmm...<br> <br> I plan on flying to New Zealand and hiring all of the actors to just reinact the whole thing. Think it'd work? Of course, the hobbits would have to stand on their knees the whole time. Hmmm... <p>~ Elerrina ('Crowned with stars'; a name of Taniquetil; Only thing that wasn't taken) 'Many are the strange chances of the world,'said Mithrandir,'and help oft shall come from the hands of the weak when the Wise falter."</p>
Elerrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2001, 01:18 AM   #9
whiteone

Ring

<BR><br><br> i am going to buy a movie scren <p><CENTER> <BR>Come Visit the White Council <BR>Where Evil Dares not come <BR> <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/councilwhite/" TARGET="_black"> Click here to jorney to my chamber.</A> <BR>The White shall reign</p>
Old 08-14-2001, 02:59 AM   #10
GandaIf The White
Shade of Carn Dûm

GandaIf The White has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR><br><br> I am going to get a big screen TV and DVD just for LOTR.. this will be excellent. I might not let my beagle sit with me though, because sometimes she can be distracting. <p>"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."</p>
GandaIf The White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 04:17 AM   #11
chibi shinigami

Sting

I'm buying the DVD and VHS...<P>I think taking all available speakers in the house and hooking them up to my TV is a good idea too. Maybe getting a scart cable to make the picture sharper? Oh! Lots of popcorn! And I'm gonna line my action figures along the top of the TV... reinact it with my friends after its finished!<P>*giggles with excitement as the movie release is but... 14 days away!!!!*
Old 12-07-2001, 11:52 AM   #12
Maeglin
Wight

Maeglin has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Well, Im gonna invite all the hobbits I know to a great teaparty! <P> <BR>They dont look like hobbits i know but they smoke pipe an drinks tea. <p>[ December 07, 2001: Message edited by: Maeglin ]