The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Quotable Quotes
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2004, 07:45 AM   #121
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

HerenIstarion is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to HerenIstarion
Haven't had the luck of noticing it before - me usually starting with UCP and working through 'subscribed threads'. Now this one is on the list too

So, next one runs as follows:

Quote:
-/----/----,‘--/-----/---,/’------/----,/----/--/---/----,/---/------/--/---/---/---/------:/----,/---/----,/---/-----/---/----/---/-----,/----/--/----,/--/---/----/---------.

- Would you believe in the love at first sight?
- Yes I'm certain that it happens all the time!

Last edited by HerenIstarion; 09-28-2004 at 11:48 PM. Reason: missed one letter
HerenIstarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 09:42 AM   #122
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
N, please
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 11:36 AM   #123
Tuor of Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Pennsylvania, WtR, passed Sarn Gebir: Above the rapids (1239 miles) BtR, passed Black Rider Stopping Place (31 miles)
Tuor of Gondolin has just left Hobbiton.
"r"s, please.
Old 09-28-2004, 11:46 PM   #124
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

With pleasure

-/n---/--n-‘--/-----/---,/’-r----/----,/----/--/---/----,/-n-/---n--/--/---/--r/---/----n-:/----,/---/-n--,/-n-/-----/---/---r/---/-----,/----/--/----,/--/---/----/--r------.

Old 09-29-2004, 01:21 AM   #125
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Some "A"s next, please?
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 09-29-2004, 02:02 AM   #126
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

With still greater pleasure

A/n---/-an-‘--/-----/-a-,/’-r----/--a-,/----/--/---/----,/an-/---n--/--/-a-/--r/---/-a--n-:/----,/---/-n--,/an-/-----/a--/---r/---/--a--,/-a--/--/----,/--/---/----/-ar------.

Old 09-29-2004, 06:10 AM   #127
Tuor of Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Pennsylvania, WtR, passed Sarn Gebir: Above the rapids (1239 miles) BtR, passed Black Rider Stopping Place (31 miles)
"d"s, please.
Old 09-29-2004, 06:29 AM   #128
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

...and while you're at it, please add some "T"s!
Old 09-29-2004, 06:38 AM   #129
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

But of course, of course...

A/n---/-and‘--/----d/-a-,/’-r-tt-/--at,/---t/t-/t--/---t,/and/---nt-/t-/-at/--r/t--/ta--n-:/----,/---/-n--,/and/-----/a--/---r/t--/--a--,/-a--/t-/---t,/--/---/----/-ar------.

Old 09-29-2004, 09:56 AM   #130
Tuor of Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

"o"s?
Old 09-29-2004, 10:08 AM   #131
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Sssome "Sss"s pleassse...
Old 09-29-2004, 12:02 PM   #132
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

mais ouis :)

A/n---/-and‘--/-o--d/sa-,/’-r-tt-/--at,/so-t/to/t--/---t,/and/---nt-/to/-at/-or/t--/ta--n-:/-o-s,/-o-/-no-,/and/s----/a--/o--r/t--/--a--,/-as-/to/s-ot,/--/-o-/-oo-/-ar------.

Old 09-29-2004, 12:06 PM   #133
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

My apologies, just noticed - there is one 'space' missing

the corrected edition should run as:

A/n---/-and‘/--/-o--d/sa-,/’-r-tt-/--at,/so-t/to/t--/---t,/and/---nt-/to/-at/-or/t--/ta--n-:/-o-s,/-o-/-no-,/and/s----/a--/o--r/t--/--a--,/-as-/to/s-ot,/--/-o-/-oo-/-ar------.

Sorry for inconvenience

Old 09-29-2004, 01:35 PM   #134
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

E as in Estelyn, please...
Old 09-29-2004, 01:56 PM   #135
Tuor of Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

"h"s, please.
Old 09-29-2004, 11:31 PM   #136
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

you're welcome

A/n---/-and‘/he/-o--d/sa-,/’-rett-/--at,/so-t/to/the/-eet,/and/--ent-/to/eat/-or/the/ta--n-:/-o-s,/-o-/-no-,/and/shee-/a--/o--r/the/--a-e,/eas-/to/s-ot,/--/-o-/-oo-/-are-----.

Old 09-30-2004, 12:53 AM   #137
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Any "M"s in there?

One question, HI - is this a quote of direct speech?

edit - Oh, I found it! It's the giant in Farmer Giles of Ham:
Quote:
'A nice land,' he would say, 'pretty flat, soft to the feet, and plenty to eat for the taking: cows, you know, and sheep all over the place, easy to spot, if you look carefully.'

Last edited by Estelyn Telcontar; 09-30-2004 at 12:57 AM.
Old 09-30-2004, 01:16 AM   #138
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

Your guess is correct, my lady

Old 09-30-2004, 01:59 AM   #139
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Here's new quote for you:

------ - ------ ----, -----, ---- -- ------ -- ----- -- ---. --- ---- --- ---- -------. --- ---- --- -------.
Old 09-30-2004, 03:18 AM   #140
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

some 'E's, please

Old 09-30-2004, 03:23 AM   #141
rutslegolas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

rutslegolas has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to rutslegolas Send a message via Yahoo to rutslegolas
Sting

And some "A"s.
Old 09-30-2004, 06:16 AM   #142
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

At "E"ase, with "A"s as well...

-e--e- a -----e ----, -a--e, --a- -- -e---- -- -ae-- a- a--. --- ---e --e ---- ------e. --- ---e --e a-a----.
Old 09-30-2004, 06:23 AM   #143
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

I like a slice of lemon with my T

And 'T's too, (or would not it be Tea for Two rather?) please!

Old 09-30-2004, 06:34 AM   #144
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

"T"s for you...

-ette- a --tt-e ----, -a--e, t-a- -- -e---- -- -ae-- at a--. --- ---e t-e ---- ------e. --- ---e t-e a-a----.
Old 09-30-2004, 06:58 AM   #145
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

I know it, I know it!

Quote:
Better a little doll, maybe, than no memory of Faery at all. For some the only glimpse. For some the awaking
Queen to the Smith

Old 09-30-2004, 07:01 AM   #146
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Wow, that was brilliant, HI!! You got it with only three letters - that must be a record! Now you may proceed...
Old 09-30-2004, 07:13 AM   #147
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

thank you :)

next one:

‘-- ------!’ ‘--- ----- ---- ------- -- ------ --- ----? - --- ---- ------ -----.’

Old 09-30-2004, 08:48 AM   #148
Tuor of Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

"t"s?
Old 09-30-2004, 08:52 AM   #149
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

T is the most popular letter, it seems...

...but in this here case, we have only four...

‘-- ------!’ ‘--- ----- ---- t-----t -- ------ --- ----? - --- ---t ------ ----t.’

Old 09-30-2004, 12:52 PM   #150
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

R, please
Old 09-30-2004, 03:03 PM   #151
Tuor of Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

"s"s, please.
Old 09-30-2004, 11:48 PM   #152
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

another two of the top, but scarce in this sentence :D

‘-- ------!’ ‘--- ----- ---- t-----t – s----- --- --r-? - --s --st ------ ----t.’

Old 10-01-2004, 12:50 AM   #153
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

N-y Ns?
Old 10-01-2004, 01:09 AM   #154
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

Some N's, than

‘N- -n----!’ ‘--- ----- ---- t-----t – s---n- --- --r-? - --s --st ----n- ----t.’

Old 10-01-2004, 01:12 AM   #155
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

"E"s please?
Old 10-01-2004, 01:23 AM   #156
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

your wish is my command

‘N- -n-ee-!’ ‘--- ----- ---e t-----t – see-n- --- -ere? - --s --st ----n- ----t.’

edit:

revised and corrected:

‘N- -n-ee-!’ ‘--- ----- ---e t-----t -- see-n- --- -ere? - --s --st ----n- ----t.’

two letters instead of one (underlined), sorry for inconvenience

end of edit

Last edited by HerenIstarion; 10-01-2004 at 02:06 AM.
Old 10-01-2004, 07:55 AM   #157
Tuor of Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

"o"s?
Old 10-01-2004, 12:33 PM   #158
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

Yes, of course

No -n-ee-!’ ‘--o -o--- ---e t-o---t o- see-n- -o- -ere? - --s --st ----n- --o-t.’

Old 10-01-2004, 02:54 PM   #159
Tuor of Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

"y"s?
Old 10-02-2004, 02:15 AM   #160
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

here we go

No -n-ee-!’ ‘--o -o--- ---e t-o---t o- see-n- yo- -ere? - --s --st --y-n- --o-t.’