The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Quotable Quotes
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2006, 11:35 AM   #2081
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
+ L

----, ---- --! I -- s--- -o-'ll ----- t--t it --s onl- ---nt to -- - -it o- --n
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 07:49 AM   #2082
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Guinevere is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Hm, what could the first 3 words be?
Perhaps a D would enlighten me!
Old 09-07-2006, 08:03 AM   #2083
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
2 - D

D---, d--- --! I -- s--- -o-'ll ----- t--t it --s onl- ---nt to -- - -it o- --n
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 09-07-2006, 09:27 AM   #2084
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Aha!

"Dear, dear me! I am sure you'll agree that it was only meant to be a bit of fun."

Artaxerxes to Roverandom.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:46 AM   #2085
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Bravo, Guinevere! I hope it was a bit of fun...
Old 09-09-2006, 02:54 PM   #2086
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

For me it's always a lot of fun !

"-/ ---/ ---------/ --/ ---/ ---/ ---/ ----/ ---/ ------/ ---/ -----/ -----/, ----/ --/ -----/ --/ --/ ---/ ---/ --/ -------/ ---/ -/ ---/ --/ ---/."
Old 09-11-2006, 12:25 PM   #2087
Tuor in Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tuor in Gondolin has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Yahoo to Tuor in Gondolin
"n"s?
Old 09-11-2006, 01:11 PM   #2088
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

I'm sorry not to join in this round, but I'll be travelling for the next few weeks, so can't take part regularly. Hope those of you who remain have a good time!

[Schwarzenegger voice]I'll be back![/Schwarzenegger voice]
Old 09-12-2006, 08:51 AM   #2089
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

N

"-/ ---/ --n----n-/ --/ ---/ ---/ -n-/ ----/ -n-/ --n---/ ---/ -----/ -----/, ----/ --/ -----/ --/ --/ -n-/ ---/ --/ -------/ ---/ -/ ---/ --/ ---/."

Well, I wish you a pleasant journey then, Esty! Bon Voyage!
Old 10-29-2006, 08:37 AM   #2090
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Well, hasn't this thread been busy in my absence?! Let's get it back to life with a nice rousing "S", please.
Old 10-29-2006, 09:15 AM   #2091
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Welcome back, Esty! *digs out the slip of paper with the quote*

NS

"-/ --s/ --n----n-/ --/ ---/ ---/ -n-/ ----/ -n-/ --n--s/ ---/ -----/ s----/, --s-/ --/ -----/ --/ --/ -n-/ s--/ --/ -------/ ---/ -/ ---/ --/ ---/."
Old 10-29-2006, 10:53 AM   #2092
Carrûn
Wight

Carrûn has just left Hobbiton.
Could we get a few E's?
Old 10-29-2006, 10:56 AM   #2093
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

...and I'd like some T to go with my Es, please...
Old 10-30-2006, 10:21 AM   #2094
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

NEST

"-/ --s/ --n-e--n-/ --/ ---/ ---/ -n-/ ----/ -n-/ --n--s/ ---/ -----/ s---e/, --st/ t-/ --t--/ -e/ --/ -n-/ see/ -e/ t------/ ---/ -/ ---/ --/ t--/."
Old 10-30-2006, 06:05 PM   #2095
Carrûn
Wight

Carrûn has just left Hobbiton.
let's get the first letter out of the way and put some A's in there.
Old 10-31-2006, 03:56 AM   #2096
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

A NEST

"-/ -as/ --n-e--n-/ --/ ---/ -a-/ an-/ ----/ an-/ -an-as/ ---/ -----/ s-a-e/, --st/ t-/ -at--/ -e/ --/ an-/ see/ -e/ t------/ ---/ a/ -a-/ --/ t--/."
Old 10-31-2006, 04:14 AM   #2097
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

R there any Rs?
Old 10-31-2006, 04:21 AM   #2098
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

ASTERN

"-/ -as/ --n-er-n-/ --/ ---/ -a-/ an-/ ----/ an-/ -an-as/ ---/ -----/ s-are/, --st/ t-/ -at--/ -e/ --/ an-/ see/ -e/ t-r----/ --r/ a/ -a-/ -r/ t--/."
Old 10-31-2006, 05:33 AM   #2099
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

W?
Old 10-31-2006, 06:29 AM   #2100
ninja91
Shade of Carn Dûm

ninja91 has just left Hobbiton.
How about a K ?
The rider was robed all in black, and black was his lofty helm; yet this was no Ringwraith but a living man. The Lieutenant of the Tower of Barad-dûr he was, and his name is remembered in no tale; for he himself had forgotten it...
ninja91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 11:06 AM   #2101
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

NEW STAR (no K)

"-/ was/ w-n-er-n-/ --/ ---/ -a-/ an-/ w---/ an-/ -an-as/ ---/ -----/ s-are/, --st/ t-/ -at--/ -e/ --/ an-/ see/ -e/ t-r----/ --r/ a/ -a-/ -r/ tw-/."
Old 10-31-2006, 12:54 PM   #2102
Tuor in Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

"o"s, please.
Old 10-31-2006, 02:03 PM   #2103
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

NO WASTER (no K)

"-/ was/ won-er-n-/ --/ -o-/ -a-/ an-/ woo-/ an-/ -an-as/ -o-/ -o---/ s-are/, --st/ to/ -at--/ -e/ --/ an-/ see/ -e/ t-ro---/ -or/ a/ -a-/ or/ two/."
Old 11-01-2006, 03:38 AM   #2104
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Ah, those last letters finally gave me the clue I needed to find the quote. It's from Leaf by Niggle; Parish is speaking to Niggle:
Quote:
I was wondering if you had any wood and canvas you could spare, just to patch me up and see me through for a day or two.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:40 AM   #2105
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Thumbs up Exactly!

there weren't many T's and S's in that one!
Old 11-01-2006, 01:48 PM   #2106
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Here's another:
Quote:
---- -- --- --- --- -- --- ------, ---- -- -----!
Old 11-01-2006, 02:18 PM   #2107
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

O please
Old 11-01-2006, 03:05 PM   #2108
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

O yes

---- -- -o- --- --- o- --- ------, ---- -- -o---!
Old 11-02-2006, 09:57 AM   #2109
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

R please
Old 11-02-2006, 10:06 AM   #2110
Tuor in Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

"t"s?
Old 11-02-2006, 11:33 AM   #2111
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

O R T

T--- -- -ot t-- --- o- t-- -----r, --r- -- -or--!
Old 11-03-2006, 02:56 AM   #2112
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

how about S ?
Old 11-03-2006, 03:09 AM   #2113
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

S O R T

T--s -s -ot t-- --- o- t-- -----r, --r- -- -or-s!
Old 11-03-2006, 03:24 PM   #2114
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Quote:
"This is not the end of the affair, mark my words!"
The blacksmith of Ham, when Farmer Giles came back with the dragon laden with treasure.
Old 11-04-2006, 12:47 AM   #2115
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Precisely! Next round's yours.
Old 11-04-2006, 02:13 PM   #2116
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Thanks, Esty!

"----/ ---/ -----/ ---/ --------/, -----/ ----/ ----/ ----/ ---/ ---/. -/ ----/ ------/ --/ ----/ ----/ ---/."

(I should have chosen this quote during the football championship! )
Old 11-05-2006, 11:23 AM   #2117
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Football, eh? Well, let's start with a T, please.
Old 11-05-2006, 11:28 AM   #2118
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

"T--t/ --t/ ---t-/ ---/ --------/, ----t/ ----/ ----/ ----/ ---/ ---/. -/ ----/ t-----/ --/ ----/ ----/ ---/."
Old 11-08-2006, 01:18 PM   #2119
Tuor in Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Then "d's, of course. (Or could it be soccer)?
Old 11-08-2006, 01:30 PM   #2120
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

+ one D

"T--t/ --t/ ---t-/ ---/ --------/, ----t/ ----/ ----/ --d-/ ---/ ---/. -/ ----/ t-----/ --/ ----/ ----/ ---/."

(Being European, I mean what you call soccer in the US)