The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2003, 02:56 PM   #401
The Elusive Spirit
Haunting Spirit

The Elusive Spirit has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

It's of Finwe. You'll survive to see it. I cant see it till Friday. I'm currently working very hard to make my parents lives miserable!!!! *evil cackling*
The fresh and boundless wood,
And torrents dashed, and rivlets played,
And fountains spouted in the shade.
-Bryant
The Elusive Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 07:45 PM   #402
Catherine
Shade of Carn Dûm

Catherine has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

OH MY GOD!!! I JUST SAW IT!!! IT WAS SO GREAT!! I am sad they left out some parts....but it was still soooo GREAT!! But its sad cuz i dont have anything to look foward to!
I don't think I should have had the heart to leave it."
~Merry to Haldir in Lothlórien~
Catherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 07:28 PM   #403
Laitoste
Wight

Laitoste has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Folks, I don't get to see it until NEXT WEDNESDAY! My parents weren't about to let me miss school and I had a major AP Bio paper to write last night. They also don't want to pay for the evening showings, and we have to go to my grandparents' this weekend. So I still need you! Don't leave me!!!!!!! WAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
Old 12-18-2003, 09:48 PM   #404
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Knight of Gondor has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Knight of Gondor
Sting

Stay strong, old boy, I started this post, and I'm going to see it through. I've seen it, and I can tell you, the wait is worth it. I know it's hard, but come next Wednesday (Christmas Eve?!) you'll be gratified.
Eagerly awaiting the REAL Return of the King - Jesus Christ! Revelation 19:11-16
Knight of Gondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 04:14 PM   #405
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Folks, I don't get to see it until NEXT WEDNESDAY!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Awwww!!! I sorwy! Don't worry! It's well worth the wait, I'm sure you'll survive!<P>Hang in there guys! If you haven't seen it, just remember: you will!<P>Abedithon le,<P>~*~Aranel~*~
Old 12-19-2003, 10:58 PM   #406
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<B>I SAW IT!!!</B> It was wonderful and beautiful, and everything that I'd hoped for and more. My deepest apologies for the overly-long squee earlier. I got <I>much</I> too carried away. I've edited it, so it's much shorter now. I'm sorry for not being able to do it sooner. Anyway, I wore my costume to school, and I was not the only one. Some of the costumes were one of the Nazgul, Rosie, and Sam. Unfortunately, I didn't get to see Sam at all, and I barely got a look at Rosie. My brother and I were the only ones at the theater in costume (Frodo and Eowyn, respectively). Poor Laitoste! I've found it helps if you watch the trailer over and over. I will have more about everything later, but I'm being ordered of the computer now.<P>RotK was the best movie I've seen in my entire life.
Old 12-24-2003, 04:05 PM   #407
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Sting

Has anybody heard the NPR story on Tolkien and RotK? I didn't get to hear it live (I was at school), but <A HREF="http://www.npr.org/rundowns/rundown.php?prgId=5&prgDate=18-Dec-2003" TARGET=_blank>here's</A> where you can listen to a recording of it -- they play Aragorn's speech (the short version) in it!! Scroll down about half way down the page.<p>[ 5:12 PM December 24, 2003: Message edited by: Orominuialwen ]
Old 12-24-2003, 08:42 PM   #408
Laitoste
Wight

Laitoste has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

I just saw it!!!!!!!!! It was, well, I really can't describe it. It was the best os the trilogy, by far. I LOVED IT!!!!! (Can you tell?) I cried through the entire thing (well, kinda), and I don't cry during movies. It was so cool. Thanks everyone, for being here! I can't believe that there won't be another one next year. What will I do? (Other than watch my DVDs constantly, of course, and READ!!!!-no question there! )
Old 12-25-2003, 02:35 PM   #409
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Yay! Glad to hear that you got to see RotK Laitoste. Merry Christmas everyone! Hope you all have a good day and get some nice LotR-related presents (I got FotR:EE ). I also got PotC, so it's been quite a good Christmas. Have a good day one and all!
Old 12-25-2003, 06:20 PM   #410
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Elennar Starfire has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Elennar Starfire
Silmaril

I got a cute christmas present... A pocket pack of tissues and a ticket to RotK. Though I have already seen it, still: SQUEEEEEEEE!!!<P>'Tis a most wonderful film.
Old 12-25-2003, 07:44 PM   #411
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Shade of Carn Dûm

Azaelia of Willowbottom has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Azaelia of Willowbottom
Sting

That sounds like the perfect Christmas for you, then! <P>I saw it on Wed. the 17th... and all I can say is wow wow wow. It was beautiful and amazing and bittersweet and touching... absoloutely the best movie I have ever seen! There were a lot of million-dollar moments in there... (Million-dollar moment is a phrase I've never heard except out of my own mouth, so, for anyone who might be confused, it's a moment I'd pay $1 million to see!)<P>To all of you still waiting... Hang in there, all the waiting you have to do will, I'm sure, make the movie that much more amazing for you. It is way beyond well worth the wait!
Old 12-25-2003, 09:56 PM   #412
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Knight of Gondor has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Knight of Gondor
Thumbs up

Anyone else here that has not seen it yet? We're still here for you!! I even held back a loaf of raisin bread for you!
Eagerly awaiting the REAL Return of the King - Jesus Christ! Revelation 19:11-16
Knight of Gondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2003, 07:12 PM   #413
Lathriel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Wandering through Middle-Earth (Sadly in Alberta and not ME)
Lathriel has just left Hobbiton.
Now all we need is a support group for ROTK:EE. That will be a long wait. Will they put in the houses of healing or Faramir and Eowyn. They better!
Old 12-31-2003, 02:58 PM   #414
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

I think they're going to. Otherwise, to use I phrase of mine which I'm fond of, there would be riots on the Barrow-Downs! We do need a RotK:EE support group, though. When is it supposed to come out?<P>My dad says we can see RotK again! I think my family's going this friday. I can't wait! My mom still hasn't even seen RotK.<P>My plan is to see RotK at least once a month until it goes out of theaters. <P>EDIT: Oohh, I like your new avatar, Knight of Gondor. Very spiffy. <p>[ 4:00 PM December 31, 2003: Message edited by: Orominuialwen ]
Old 12-31-2003, 02:59 PM   #415
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Yes, <B>Knight of Gondor</B>, start up a RotK EE thread & see if you can top the 409 (now 410) posts that this one generated !<p>[ 4:00 PM December 31, 2003: Message edited by: The Only Real Estel ]
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 04:19 PM   #416
rryan24

Ring

My, my are you ever in demand Knight of Gondor! But yes, I do think you should start up a RotK EE thread! And if no one else will contribute to wracking up the posts for that one I probably will all by myself! I can't wait! I'm getting too anxious for my own good. By the way, I do agree with Orominuialwen, VERY spiffy avatar, if I do say so myself.
Old 12-31-2003, 06:55 PM   #417
Lathriel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Wandering through Middle-Earth (Sadly in Alberta and not ME)
Lathriel has just left Hobbiton.
Just thought I would spread the word. I saw a movie picture on TORn where Faramir was being healed by Aragorn. This can only mean that Houses of Healing will be in the EE!!
Old 01-01-2004, 04:40 PM   #418
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

I heard there is going to be an additional <B>ONE HOUR AND FIVE MINUTES</B> of footage in the RotK: EV!!! *sigh* Can't wait!!!<P>Abedithon le,<P>~*~Aranel~*~