The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-13-2004, 06:05 PM   #81
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> 'A diversion!' ~ Legolas. I agree about the 'Mr.Obvious'! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Actually, I began referring to both the actor and the movie character as Captain Obvious. I must say, they really did give Orlando Bloom the worst part of it.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Legolas: "The stars are veiled." (<I>We see that the stars are veiled in the distance</I>)<BR>Legolas: "Something stirs in the East...A sleepless malice."<BR>Legolas: "The Eye of the enemy is moving." (<I>For both of these lines, throughout the movie, they continue to show a large eye on top of a tower swivelling and looking around</I>)<BR>Legolas: "He is here!" (<I>We just saw the Eye looking out of the Palantir</I>)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Then, we see thrashing horses and quiet men...<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Legolas: "The horses are restless...and the men are quiet."<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>You get the general idea. At least he isn't yelling "Orcs" every thirty seconds anymore. Instead he's jumping on an Oliphant and taking down the whole caravan. Everyone I know except for myself liked it. I nearly screamed.<P>However, the Gimli comic-relief chugs on, I'm sad to say:<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Gimli: "Certainty of death! Small chance of success!" Gimli: "What are we waiting for?!"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>If he had just added "And I'm short!" it would have completed the routine.<P>Okay, I know many of you will say that<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Gimli: "Never thought I'd die fighting side by side with an elf." Legolas: "What about side by side with a friend?" Gimli: "Aye, I could do that." <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>is one of the worst quotes, but I actually liked it. Since they can't really follow up on the Legolas and Gimli friendship, they at least have each acknowledge the other as a friend.<P>I realize it was an emotional part, but I thought that the Sam crying bit was overdone. I realize he's facing horrible things and he still has a bit of the Shire left in him, but if he cried one more time...<P>But, to leave it on a good note: the best line:<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Sam: "Well...I'm back."<BR>THE END<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>I was afraid that wouldn't be the last line, but it was. I started giggling hysterically when he said it...amidst crying.<P>EDIT: And yes, I have the Return of the King script on favorites online. I haven't seen it enough times to know all those lines yet.<p>[ 7:08 PM January 13, 2004: Message edited by: VanimaEdhel ]
Old 01-13-2004, 06:36 PM   #82
Orual
Speaker of the Dead

Orual has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Actually, one line that irritates me is:<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Gandalf: Do we know that? <BR>Aragorn: What does your heart tell you? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>We've seem to have lost track of who's the wise Istari here and who's the Ranger. Aragorn may be the Lost King of Gondor, but Gandalf is still the one with the superior knowledge.<p>[ 7:37 PM January 13, 2004: Message edited by: Orual ]
Old 01-14-2004, 10:02 PM   #83
Lachwen
Wight

Lachwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Lachwen
Eye

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Yup, I think you people are all nitpickerrrs! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>...and you are now Steward under Legolas and myself in our rule over the Land of Obvious Remarks. But admit it, it's part of our charm.