The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-23-2009, 08:54 PM   #1521
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna View Post
I'm sooo confused. I don't want to waste a very important lynch on someone who might be a wolf bluffing as a cobbler bluffing as a wolf... I want a real wolf!
If you work that one out it does come out "Wolf", you know.
Old 08-23-2009, 08:55 PM   #1522
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Highlight it Mac.
Old 08-23-2009, 08:55 PM   #1523
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Dammit, now Form's and Sally's joking looks horribly furry.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 08:55 PM   #1524
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Oh shut it lover boy.

And Mac, don't forget to highlight.

I'm not sure about Nienna. Gah!
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 08:56 PM   #1525
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
Dammit, now Form's and Sally's joking looks horribly furry.
Which is exactly what he wants. Don't fall for it.

++Form

Should I highlight?
Old 08-23-2009, 08:57 PM   #1526
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
If you want it to count sally.

This will be a crazy 3 minutes...how do I know?
Old 08-23-2009, 08:57 PM   #1527
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Should I highlight?
If innocent votes are split, we're dead. Give me a reason to switch from Nienna to Form instead.

Last edited by Macalaure; 08-23-2009 at 08:58 PM. Reason: edited to reduce confusion
Old 08-23-2009, 08:57 PM   #1528
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Now is not the time to be quiet, children!!!!!
Old 08-23-2009, 08:58 PM   #1529
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Which is exactly what he wants. Don't fall for it.

++Form

Should I highlight?
What if he's a cobbler pretending to be a wolf pretending to be a cobbler? Have you thought of that?
Old 08-23-2009, 08:59 PM   #1530
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
What if he's a cobbler pretending to be a wolf pretending to be a cobbler? Have you thought of that?
Hence my dilemma. Again.

Quote:
If innocent votes are split, we're dead. Give me a reason to switch from Nienna to Form instead.
You've a point.

Mac, if you're wrong, you owe me a cookie. And they eat you first. (You hear that, wild-eye?!)

++Nienna
Old 08-23-2009, 08:59 PM   #1531
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Then why does your vote for him still stand?
Old 08-23-2009, 08:59 PM   #1532
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

If I have to do a hat pull I'm going to be angry.
Old 08-23-2009, 08:59 PM   #1533
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Well, he was looking sort of furry a moment ago...
Old 08-23-2009, 09:00 PM   #1534
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
++Nessa
Old 08-23-2009, 09:00 PM   #1535
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Nerwen!!!
Old 08-23-2009, 09:01 PM   #1536
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

DL. Silence.

Let me count the votes.

My counting is 2 for Nienna and Nessa. Nienna will be given heads, Nessa tails.

Last edited by Boromir88; 08-23-2009 at 09:04 PM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 09:04 PM   #1537
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

The D-league vs. The Dark Monarch
Volume 2, Issue 6: The darkness is closing in

"Not another coinflip!" Mac said angrily. "Nerwen!"

"?od ot em tnaw uoy od tahW"

"Why didn't you vote for Nessa!" shouted Nienna.

But it did not matter, as a voice came from thin air and declared Nessa will die!

Nessa had been too busy laughing the entire time, to even say anything all day long. Once she realized she was going to die, she suddenly stopped laughing and burst out into tear. "I don't know what I did to deserve this? Why me? Why!!!? I don't think my happy heart can take this pain." Nessa who had spent her entire life in laughter and joy could not deal with the betrayal of her fellow heroes and she died with tears streaking down her face and the saddest face anyone had ever seen.

The sight of Nessa's death suddenly made Form and Nienna perk up joyfully. "Well that means I guess we don't need these disguises anymore!"

Form changed into a rabid dog. "Pain at your service."

"And Gust!" said Nienna "at yours! We have already decided that Mac shall die tonight."

"So it is you!" said Nerwen grovelling at the villains feet. "I am in the Dark Monarch's debt!"

"Yes you are!" spat Nienna. "Since you could have made this last day easier on us, but we shall let Her decide what to do with you."

Mac was also on the ground sulking after Nessa's death, knowing that they had a chance even after the seer was lynched on Day 1, but missed it. "Get it over with and kill me now. I can't bear this anger I am feeling right now. Anger at everyone! Especially that wretched voice that keeps appearing."

"I'm sure we can accomadate that!" laughed Pain.

Gust was going in for a quick kill, but stopped at the sight of Mac turning a green that was a horrible looking lime-green. A green that no one had ever seen before, nor did anyone really want to. "Anger rising! Can not control! Must let go, must cry!" Mac had always been able to release his anger through tears, but now he found he could not. He only turned a brighter and brighter lime-green and rolled over on the floor dead.

"Nerwen!" yelled Gust "Maybe, you will be forgiven if you help us finish these heroes off!"

"!erom semit noillim a dna ,uoy rof gnihtyna ,seY" Nerwen turned her attention towards the one innocent hero remaining...sally.

"My name is sally-go montoya! You killed my father prepare to die!"

"rehtaf ruoy llik t'ndid I"

"Of course not silly." chuckled sally. "Movie quotes girl...duh? erm...I should get back into character. I've been in the revenge business for so long, now that it's over, I don't know what I want to do with my life."

"Oh forget it!" spat Nerwen. She had stolen the bow and arrow from Durelin's room from the night she died. She lit the arrow in the fireplace and shot sally directly in the heart.

"I guess that's what you would call...heart burn" Form laughed out hysterically.

"Oh burn!" cackled Nienna.

"She's all...burnt out!" added Nerwen.

"Ok, that just killed it" said Form.

"Yes, definitely too much." agreed Nienna. "There is a line and you just went over it."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Living

wilwa (the Dark Monarch)

Formendacil- Celibateman, saving girls everywhere from awkward 1st dates - Pain
Nerwen- The Reverser, can read and write backwards - cobbler
Nienna- Word Cloud Girl, analyzes people based on the frequency of the words they use - Gust

Dead

Boro- Wild-eye (Night 1)
Fea- Doctor Girlfriend, died from sheer awesomeness (Day 1) - ordo
Pitch- Studebaker Hawk, fell to his death (Day 1) - Seer
Hakon- Leaf Man, made into firewood (Night 2) - ordo
Lari- Hover Girl, broken neck (Night 2) - ordo
Inziladun- Dr. Electron, used as filament (Day 2) - ordo
the phantom- Candor Man, taken by special request of the Monarch (Night 3) - ordo
Brinniel- Butterfingers, caught herself on fire (Night 3) - ordo
alonariel- Charms girl, killed by Norm (Day 3) - Firefly
Norm- sacrificed himself to kill alona (Day 3) - No votes
Shasta- Mr. E., No longer with the shadows (Night 4) - Ranger
morm- Athletes' foot man, sprayed with Tinactin (Day 4)- ordo
Rikae- Doktor Quatsch, scrabbled by the wolves (Night 5)- BFF
Durelin- Felis Grey, bear strangled her with cats' tails (Night 5)-Hunter
Lommy- Prin-Guin, toppled down stairs, inflated killer whale involved (Day 5) – ordo
autume- Lady Tum, The Fish Whisperer, forced to sleep with the fishes (Night 6)- ordo
Mira- Narcolepsy girl, attacked and mangled mid-shift (Night 6)- Shape-shifter
Nessa- The laugher, died from grief. (Day 6) - ordo
Macalaure- The Incredible Sulk, killed by his own fury (Night 7) - BFF
sally- Movie quotes girl, killed by the cobbler with a flaming arrow (Night 7) - ordo

VILLAINS WIN!
COBBLER WINS!

~~~~

The D-league vs. The Dark Monarch

Volume 2, Issue 7: The Dark Monarch's weakness

It was back in the Dark Monarchs evil, but pretty lair, when Pain, Gust, and Nerwen returned to tell their boss the good news. But when they returned they saw the Dark Monarch, curled up on the couch with, who!? It was phantom!

"I told you that I can tell no lie. You are the prettiest person I have ever laid eyes on."

"I am so glad I decided not to kill you." blushed wilwa "You are the sweetest, kindest, most gentle man I have met. You understand me like no one else can."

"Umm...boss" said Pain interrupting. The Dark Monarch did not like having her moment interrupted right now.

"What!?" she snapped.

"We got them boss." said Nienna "Wild-eye's pathetic band of misfits have fallen. You can now rule the world as you wish, and your faithful servants will be at your command."

"What makes you think I will need you anymore?" said wilwa.

"We faithfully killed for you!" said Gust heartbroken at her boss' sudden change. "We have done everything you asked."

"Well I don't need you anymore. Since you are no more use, it's probably best that I just put you out of your misery now."

"Don't do that." said the phantom calmly. "Let them go, most benelovent Monarch. Release them from your service freely. Then you and I we can travel the world together. We can see many beautiful places together. Think about it! Have I ever steered you wrong?"

"No you have not." smiled wilwa "You are the only one who has never done so, and you never will. I see that now. You are right, of course you are right. Pain, Gust, leave us...you are now free."

Pain and Gust looked confused, they stood there not knowing what to do. They had been in the Dark Monarch's service for so long, they did not know what she was talking about. "Ah, but before you do" said wilwa "I think it best to remove the spirits that I have placed in you, only then can you really be free."

Pain and Gust suddenly reverted back to Nienna and Form. They looked at eachother, then at Nerwen who was speechless at the Dark Monarch's kindness. This was not the Dark Lord she had been hearing stories about. This was not the great, all powerful Dark Monarch. This was someone entirely different, and it was made so by the remarkable candor of the phantom. Wilwa had forsaken her evil ways, where her and the phantom lived happily ever after. Awwww.

Mwa ha ha. Silly for wilwa to ever believe a co-mod can win!

WILD-EYE WINS! YAY!

Edit: This thread is open to discussion and I will probably get the surveys up tonight as well

Last edited by Boromir88; 08-23-2009 at 10:55 PM.
Old 08-23-2009, 10:11 PM   #1538
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

YAY! Good job everyone! I'm still trying to figure out why you all didn't kill me after that Morm thing. Boro and I were planning my death. It looked a little like this :

Old 08-23-2009, 10:18 PM   #1539
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

We had them. We had them and we let them go...
Old 08-23-2009, 10:22 PM   #1540
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
YAY! Good job everyone! I'm still trying to figure out why you all didn't kill me after that Morm thing. Boro and I were planning my death. It looked a little like this :
Haha, Nienna...the ultimate creeper.

So, the choices...

Villains kill...

Night 2- Lari
Night 3- phantom (but was only captured...ask wilwa why )
Night 4- morm, but stopped by Shasta.
Night 5- Rikae
Night 6- Mira (Booo!)

Mira's choices:

Night 2- Hakon
Night 3- Brinniel
Night 4- Shasta
Night 5- Durelin
Night 6- tum

The Ranger's picks:

Night 2- Brinniel
Night 3- no one
Night 4- Morm

The Hunter's hunts:

Night 2- alona
Night 3- Lommy
Night 4- Nienna
Night 5- Nerwen

Durelin had 2 wolves in 4 nights, but alas got killed on the wrong day.
Old 08-23-2009, 10:30 PM   #1541
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mira was mad when she found out that I killed her... and then she made her facebook status something like "Kelly needs to stop killing me in WW" ... I saw it pretty much right away and yelled at her. She felt really terrible because she wasn't thinking but that was close.
Old 08-23-2009, 10:36 PM   #1542
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Mira was mad when she found out that I killed her... and then she made her facebook status something like "Kelly needs to stop killing me in WW" ... I saw it pretty much right away and yelled at her. She felt really terrible because she wasn't thinking but that was close.
It's actually kind of funny because I saw that and figured "Oh, it can't be Nienna, because if it was Mira wouldn't have put....meta game reasoning, meta game reasoning! Argh!"
Old 08-23-2009, 10:38 PM   #1543
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sally I totally thought you were the Cobbler... like totally...
Old 08-23-2009, 10:38 PM   #1544
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lariren Shadow is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
All I can say is that the Night I was killed I had planned very nice cases against Alona and Nienna.

And yes, I am actually mad at them.
Old 08-23-2009, 10:41 PM   #1545
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariren Shadow View Post
All I can say is that the Night I was killed I had planned very nice cases against Alona and Nienna.

There was a reason we killed you Night 1. You knew us too well. And everyone thought it was a trail-less kill... it totally led back to us but in a way not a lot of people would think about... and probably now every time you die I'm going to get blamed. ooops.
Old 08-23-2009, 10:41 PM   #1546
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariren Shadow View Post

They probably just figured since you weren't one of them, you were a gifted yet again, with your super record of giftedness that I had no idea about until you posted in the Grimoire. I will join you in blaming Form, for you would have been one if I had not seen your Grimoire post.
Old 08-23-2009, 10:49 PM   #1547
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lariren Shadow is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
Blah blah blah I'm generally gifted and no they didn't think that.

At least not that they said or will admit to.

Nienna: GOOD.
Old 08-23-2009, 10:53 PM   #1548
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Ouch. To lose by a coin toss hurts even more than just losing.

For one thing, it means Boro doesn't like us poor villagers.

Though with Nessa's absence on the final Day, we probably didn't stand a chance, sadly enough.

Though in all honesty, I was also mostly clueless watching the rest of the game. I didn't expect alona to be evil and Mira as the werebear surprised me. I actually did think morm was evil right up until when he made a comment about feeling so frustrated he had to edit his own posts. Since swearing is so un-mormlike, that comment looked very honest and innocent to me. Then with Mac still alive, I was convinced he was evil...because Mac has a history of getting away with murder. When he revealed as BFF I didn't want to believe it, but eventually I had to force myself to accept he was in fact innocent all along. I cringed at that Lommy bandwagon since I was sure she was innocent and I can't believe y'all kept Formy alive considering he looked quite bad the last couple of Days. In fact, I can't believe how close you guys got to lynching both wolves and yet they managed to slip through. And Sally, I always believed you were innocent.

Anyway, it was a good game and very amusing to watch. I was sad to die so early because while I would've had one more absent Day, this past week has been rather dull back at home and I would've had plenty of time to WW. Which is actually why I'm hoping the next game will start very soon while I still have the time (so whoever's next...hurry).
Old 08-23-2009, 11:28 PM   #1549
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
For one thing, it means Boro doesn't like us poor villagers.
I's just a meager executioner of the laws. It was the heroes who decided the coinflip to break ties would be fine. (Edit: although I did decide by myself to kill Norm...so I guess you're right)

Too bad your play was cut short though...blame Mira.

(Notice the trend?)

Last edited by Boromir88; 08-23-2009 at 11:32 PM.
Old 08-23-2009, 11:41 PM   #1550
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
Ouch. To lose by a coin toss hurts even more than just losing.
Hey now! We should have won fair and square toDay, but our Cobbler seems to have been the only one in the Village who couldn't tell that my Cobblery was a clear sign of Wolvery.

Seriously, Nerwen, I hope you had Internet troubles, because I felt most ridiculous at the end there, when I was exposing myself all over as a baddie and you weren't cluing in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel
...and I can't believe y'all kept Formy alive considering he looked quite bad the last couple of Days. In fact, I can't believe how close you guys got to lynching both wolves and yet they managed to slip through.
Now there's a true story! I also can't believe that they kept me alive either. It was a miracle of messed up proportions that you all killed Morm instead of one of us wolves on Day 4, and then--wow--even more of a Miracle on Day 5 when there was mysteriously no suspicion, apparently, of either of us. And after Mac has pegged exactly everything I'd done wolfishly since Day 2! (He may have misread Day 1... but that's understandable. ) I very deliberately clammed up at the end of Day 4 and was slow getting on in Day 5 because I couldn't believe that Mac could think I was innocent after pegging me so perfectly.

An excellent game, really--I'm forever indebted to Boro for opening up that spot for me. The timing was perfect--what would have been Day 7 will be taken up with moving back into school and who knows when I'll manage another game, and the deadlines were perfect, and I had a great teammates--though two games in a row with Nienna is starting to look like matchmaking. I felt bad for Alona having to put up with my veteran bossyness--apologies, Alona.

I also feel I should apologise to Morm for that bandwaggon against him on Day 4. Of course, being a wolf explains why I'd have no qualms--I just feel bad that it had to be you or us.
Old 08-23-2009, 11:43 PM   #1551
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
I have also been reminded that we really won because the village killed Pitchwife on Day 1. Wolves can't have a better gift handed to them. The three of us were completely on Cloud 9 after that.

Incidentally... did you actually dream of the phantom, Pitch? Because that's totally not why we killed him.
Old 08-23-2009, 11:54 PM   #1552
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

(.sdrawrof dna sdrawkcab si hcihW) !YAY

That was nerve-wracking. I had Nienna pegged, but I really wasn't sure whether Wolf 3 was Sally or Form... I'd thought Sally was innocent earlier in the game, but the way she was trying to cast doubt on Mac gave me pause... and then towards DL I started to think more and more that it was Form, but I was worried that making a sudden switch to Nessa would backfire, since I'd also been trying paint myself as a possible wolf (...pretending to be a cobbler pretending to be a wolf pretending to be a cobbler...)

Now that I've read through the Day, I see that there was only one vote for Nessa at that point. I'd been thinking there was another, but that was Sally's and she'd retracted.

So... that was close!
Old 08-24-2009, 12:00 AM   #1553
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil View Post
Seriously, Nerwen, I hope you had Internet troubles, because I felt most ridiculous at the end there, when I was exposing myself all over as a baddie and you weren't cluing in.
No, I got you all right, but I was trying to wait as long as possible, and/or attract votes myself. But actually I was having trouble– the page kept loading too slowly, and I thought I had a couple of minutes to spare when I didn't.

Oh well, it turned out for the best.
Old 08-24-2009, 12:11 AM   #1554
alonariel
Wight

alonariel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to alonariel Send a message via MSN to alonariel Send a message via Skype™ to alonariel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil View Post
I felt bad for Alona having to put up with my veteran bossyness--apologies, Alona.
Not at all, I'm a newbie, I know I am. It was good to learn from veteran baddies on how to best win the game!
Old 08-24-2009, 01:17 AM   #1555
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Btw, I believe the only baddie Mac didn't identify was Mira.
Old 08-24-2009, 05:23 AM   #1556
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
In retrospect, my Day 2 vote for Morm should have been better explained. I think that's the last time I leave my decision to a coin toss.
I'd intended to vote Rikae again, then started to have second thoughts. I thought I might throw Morm into the mix just to see what happened. Heads, one, tails the other, and Morm lost. I never dreamed I'd get lynched for it!
Oh well. Nice job, baddies. I was pretty well convinced in later stages that Form had to be evil, but the others escaped me entirely.
Old 08-24-2009, 05:48 AM   #1557
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
This game actually made me a little sad - because I have the feeling I'm always on the losing side, or alternatively, the innocents always lose. Not that I really did so badly - I TOLD YOU Form had better be lynched, and I suspected Alona and Mira to some extent, and like half of the village, believed Nerwen was the cobbler. But Nienna fooled me completely, Mira's bear-ery was a huge surprise and I fell to my old bad habit of suspecting morm for nothing. So, feeling rather self-pitying at the moment... where's the next game?

Anyway, it was a good game despite all the whining above , thanks to all players and especially to Boro and Wilwa. And congrats to all baddies for doing really well.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 06:14 AM   #1558
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Quote:
Mwa ha ha. Silly for wilwa to ever believe a co-mod can win!
I won, I so won, don't even care what you say. Plus, I got phantom in the end, so of course I won! hehe

Well this was a lovely thing for me to wake up to! YAY VILLAINS!!!!! All three of you did a wonderful job!

Good job to everyone else aswell, you provided quite a bit of entertainment for me! I had tons tons tons of fun!

Thank you Boro! I really do heart you, despite the insults, hehe.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:58 AM   #1559
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Bah! Why didn't you folks listen to me? I had both wolves pegged though I still felt Form was the bear, but I knew he was evil. I, like Form, am very surprised that no follow up was given after my lynching to those two. It was almost as if they were given the pass card.

Good game, I was rooting for Mira after my death as I wanted Form to pay for his insolence .
Old 08-24-2009, 09:04 AM   #1560
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Thumbs up

A very frustrating game for me - I feel like I spent almost the whole time desperately trying to stem a wolfish tide of Morm-votes! It was exciting, though, and that makes it a good game, in spite of being marked by incredible bad luck and/or de facto cobblerism on the innocent side. It's a rare game that remains exciting to watch after one's own death, but this game did.

I have no idea why Mac thought Nienna's "lynch Morm" looked innocent (if he hadn't, or hadn't said so, Durelin might not have switched her vote and the game might have come out very differently!) I thought it was, like, the wolfiest thing there ever was. Bad BFF, you get a spanking.

Boro
and Wilwa, great theme and narrations!
I suppose, when you think about it, having a team of fourth-rate superheroes comically shoot themselves in the foot over and over as we did is actually pretty fitting.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote