The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Punctuation Slapdown 2007
. 2 10.00%
? 5 25.00%
?! 4 20.00%
... 1 5.00%
$ 0 0%
0 0%
Ł 2 10.00%
~ 3 15.00%
° 0 0%
3 15.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-07-2007, 09:54 AM   #1
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.

Last edited by Bęthberry; 05-07-2007 at 08:36 PM.
Bęthberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 06:57 AM   #2
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

?
Old 05-21-2007, 07:49 AM   #3
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethberry
?!
Old 05-21-2007, 09:21 AM   #4
Son of Númenor
A Shade of Westernesse

Son of Númenor has just left Hobbiton.
Let us indeed! Who'd like to start?

"This miserable drizzling afternoon I have been reading up old military lecture-notes again:- and getting bored with them after an hour and a half. I have done some touches to my nonsense fairy language - to its improvement."
Son of Númenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 10:49 AM   #5
Beleg Cuthalion
Wight

Beleg Cuthalion has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Ummm...???

Quis ut Deus
Beleg Cuthalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 01:15 PM   #6
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Home. Where rolling green hills and clear rivers are practically my backyard.
Finduilas is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I'm confused...
Old 05-21-2007, 01:17 PM   #7
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I think the question mark is better.
Old 05-21-2007, 02:57 PM   #8
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Home. Where rolling green hills and clear rivers are practically my backyard.
Quote:
I think the question mark is better.
My sentence was a statement, not a comment, therefore, for once in my life, I was gramatically(sp) correct(whatever Foley may think ).
Old 05-21-2007, 03:20 PM   #9
The Sixth Wizard
Shade of Carn Dűm

The Sixth Wizard has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to The Sixth Wizard
(sigh) Get thine thread going already!

F.ex.

Eragon = Pretty good for a 15 year old author but copied Tolkien a bit.

Eragon Movies = RUBBISH.

Someone elaborate on that.

Last edited by The Sixth Wizard; 05-21-2007 at 09:27 PM.
The Sixth Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 03:37 PM   #10
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
One thing I like here is the close relationship between J.K.Rowling and the HP movie-makers. She was always consulted and also pointed out what things should definitely be shown, and which not. Of course this was no longer possible when the New Line films were made, but even when Mr. Zimmerman made his version, Tolkien wasn't consulted, as can be noticed in the Letters where he points out many mistakes made. I'm not such a great HP fan, but I definitely like the fact the movies depict the world created by JKR so well.
As far as mythologies are concerned...maybe you can make yourself a bit more clear...not really sure what you mean.
Old 05-21-2007, 03:40 PM   #11
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
In my humble opinion, '?' is to be preferred, leaving as it does a sense of the mystery, of searching out the unknown, of the pursuit of further knowledge. By contrast '.' is almost an obscenity, declaring as it does that there is no more to be said, a prejudicial epithet to the yearning of the human psyche to discover, to explore.

While '.' carries the ultimate simplicity of a full-stop, the elegance of a single point in space, it is nevertheless the cold finality of the finishing of a thought expressed, allowing no extension and brooking no opposition. '?' leaves open the possibility of a '.' to be had in the future, perhaps at the end of all things, but to assert '.' from our limited perspective at present is mere presumption.
Old 05-21-2007, 03:47 PM   #12
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenamir
In my humble opinion, '?' is to be preferred, leaving as it does a sense of the mystery, of searching out the unknown, of the pursuit of further knowledge. By contrast '.' is almost an obscenity, declaring as it does that there is no more to be said, a prejudicial epithet to the yearning of the human psyche to discover, to explore.

While '.' carries the ultimate simplicity of a full-stop, the elegance of a single point in space, it is nevertheless the cold finality of the finishing of a thought expressed, allowing no extension and brooking no opposition. '?' leaves open the possibility of a '.' to be had in the future, perhaps at the end of all things, but to assert '.' from our limited perspective at present is mere presumption.
Was that addressed to me? Or Bethberry?

Oh, and back up there, I meant question not comment. So sorry...
Old 05-21-2007, 04:08 PM   #13
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

<sigh> The fine art of sarcasm is lost.
Old 05-21-2007, 04:34 PM   #14
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
<sigh> The fine art of sarcasm is lost.
Only over the internet. But really, when you are sarcastic, your sarcasm is usually pointed towards someone, and was yours directed towards me, Bethberry, or Folwren?
Old 05-21-2007, 05:10 PM   #15
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Pipe

Quote:
I quite agree with you, but you should follow your own counsel. While Eomer's contribution conveys a piquant sense of loss, while at the same time expressing a sense of hope that answers may yet be found, your addition of the "!" exagerrates the essential tone of the original statement by introducing a sense of bravado, outrage even, which punctuates the fragile mystery and thus brings the poignancy of the moment crashing brutally down in an exclamatory cacophony of despair.
Old 05-21-2007, 06:16 PM   #16
Beleg Cuthalion
Wight

Beleg Cuthalion has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

I had no idea this thread would turn out to be so interesting.

~Beleg

Quis ut Deus
Beleg Cuthalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 08:53 PM   #17
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
. . .

I've often thought that Downers would be quite capable of carrying on extensive, convoluted conversations about nothing, and be quite entertaining in the process. And now my little "dot" proves it.

"." is, of course, not only grammatically a period or full stop for a sentence, but is also an enabling mark--"dot"--in extending names, titles and URLs on computers and the Internet. Thus, it is not a dead end or cold finality. It's probably closer to a hand shake in this use, linking people through introductions, greetings, beginnings, endings, middles. I am very pleased it has produced such a pleasant, interesting little thread.

Last edited by Bęthberry; 05-21-2007 at 08:59 PM.
Bęthberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 09:32 PM   #18
The Sixth Wizard
Shade of Carn Dűm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bęthberry
. . .

I've often thought that Downers would be quite capable of carrying on extensive, convoluted conversations about nothing, and be quite entertaining in the process. And now my little "dot" proves it.

"." is, of course, not only grammatically a period or full stop for a sentence, but is also an enabling mark--"dot"--in extending names, titles and URLs on computers and the Internet. Thus, it is not a dead end or cold finality. It's probably closer to a hand shake in this use, linking people through introductions, greetings, beginnings, endings, middles. I am very pleased it has produced such a pleasant, interesting little thread.
In other words, start discussing stuff!
Old 05-22-2007, 06:42 AM   #19
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Thenamir hit the nail on the head. I think he said exactly what I was thinking when I chose the question mark.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:58 AM   #20
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I must confess that the fact that everyone has simply seemed to not take notice of my post, but instead talks about the proper use of dots and question marks doesn't really make much sense to me.
Perhaps a moderator would be so kind so as to delete my post, since it clearly doesn't fit in with your discussion.
Old 05-22-2007, 08:51 AM   #21
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
TM, you can delete your own posts. Just click on the "edit" icon in the post you want to delete, then check "delete message", then click on the "delete this message" box.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 09:23 AM   #22
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Seeing as The Might's post is the only one that is worthy of staying, why delete it?
Old 05-22-2007, 09:40 AM   #23
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Finduilas, he asked a moderator to delete it; my reply was simply to give him the responsibility himself - if he thinks it should be deleted, he can do so himself. I do not think it needs to be deleted, but each member can choose what s/he wishes to happen to her/his own posts.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 05-22-2007, 09:59 AM   #24
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Obviously, Finduilas, you have not been here long enough to appreciate the finer points of the fluff and frippery in which we occasionally engage ourselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saucepan Man
While Eomer's contribution conveys a piquant sense of loss, while at the same time expressing a sense of hope that answers may yet be found, your addition of the "!" exaggerates the essential tone of the original statement by introducing a sense of bravado, outrage even, which punctuates the fragile mystery and thus brings the poignancy of the moment crashing brutally down in an exclamatory cacophony of despair.
Indeed, SpM, i was caught up in the exuberance of the moment, and perhaps my excesses can be forgiven. However, my “!” proceeded not from a sense of outrage, but rather a vehement agreement with Eomer’s initial sortie.

And while our dear Bb is to be commended for her proper amendations to my initial criticisms, I would suggest that perhaps a further amendment of her opening gambit, from “.” to perhaps a softer “…” might have stayed my perhaps overcritical mal mot. As can plainly be seen if viewed in context, “…” could have been taken as an implicit “?”, leaving open the possibility of concepts unspoken to the imaginations of the reader, even of a grand denouement left hidden, hanging in a deft display of a kind of authorial “cliff hanger”, as it were.

Nevertheless, I believe it can be demonstrated that the asymmetrical nature of “?”, appearing as it does unbalanced and almost ready to topple, provides a more succinct expression than “…”, but that either is quite superior to the “.”.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:48 AM   #25
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

No, actually I never intended to, I believed that it would be taken as an ironical remark and not a true wish, though I seem to have been wrong.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:59 AM   #26
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Alright. Point taken to heart.

Doesn't this thread belong in the Mirth area? Just asking, so please don't snap my head off

P.S. That "snap my head off" wasn't meant as disrespect to any moderator, or anyone who has told me I was wrong.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:02 AM   #27
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Tolkien A puntilious bit of rampunctious reply

Quote:
. . . As can plainly be seen if viewed in context, “…” could have been taken as an implicit “?”, leaving open the possibility of concepts unspoken to the imaginations of the reader, even of a grand denouement left hidden, hanging in a deft display of a kind of authorial “cliff hanger”, as it were.

Nevertheless, I believe it can be demonstrated that the asymmetrical nature of “?”, appearing as it does unbalanced and almost ready to topple, provides a more succinct expression than “…”, but that either is quite superior to the “.”.
Most intriguing and imaginative theory, Thena. However, as you yourself note, the "?" is unstable--really, it's a bit of a unicycle, a self-referring bit of circular argument that could threaten to create a rut more than a wide avenue for going forth with the topic.

". . ." does have the virtue of implying yet more unstated. However, it has the drawback of requiring a beginning, an introduction, a preliminary elaboration of the subject. For that reason, I decided initially to go with the "." as an opening gambit. The dot has the virtue of signifying landfall, as in "here beginneth a discussion", "at this point", "this spot flagged for further development." A little dot will do it.

[ ] speaking, TM, I see your ironic comment as most welcome. You could say it is a , _______ and ■ for you seem to have made a few catches.

The grammar of mythologies is a most intriguing topic, isn't it?
Old 05-23-2007, 11:13 AM   #28
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

Well, since I notice that it's pretty pointless to post anything making sense, I'd like to say that it's this $ + € that really matters.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:50 PM   #29
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Is popcorn the answer? No-one eats popcorn with their myths.
Old 05-24-2007, 01:30 AM   #30
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
This thread amuses me.

Just because this is the only thread you can talk about anything you wish and you don't need to be afraid of the chat skrewls.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 02:53 AM   #31
The Sixth Wizard
Shade of Carn Dűm

Question

I'm sure it can't last... Anyone want a bet on how long it will be until a mod swoops down on us?

No, I was only joking, ...argh, help I'm being simultaneously banned by The Barrow Wight, Estelyn, Legolas, Child, Rimbaud, mormegil and Pio!...
Old 05-24-2007, 08:43 AM   #32
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

I am a mod, as is Bb, and we would have to ban ourselves -- an interesting mental picture to be sure.

Exceptions, in moderation (no mod pun intended), can be amusing and entertaining, but this is not a thread about nothing, nor a thread anout anything. SpM, Bb, and I are carrying on comparing bizarre ideas in true Downs fashion, though our parodic fashion taste may be perceived as somewhat skewed.

Towards that end, I'd like to address the value judgements being introduced to this conversation by The Might:
Quote:
I'd like to say that it's this $ + € that really matters.
Being One-Who-Speaks-Only-One-Language-Fluently, i.e. an American, one might find it strange that I would object to the omission of "Ł", but as it has been around far longer than "$", and shows no sign of kowtowing to the upstart "€", the fierce independence of "Ł" is certainly worthy not only of mention but even of prominence. However, we are descending into mere speculation and opinion, since the relative values of $, €, and Ł are subject to change almost moment-by-moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bb
the "?" is unstable--really, it's a bit of a unicycle, a self-referring bit of circular argument that could threaten to create a rut more than a wide avenue for going forth with the topic.
Your point is well taken, but seriously, Bb, you can't preclude the legitimate use of something just because some choose to abuse it. The fact that the Downs has been one preeminent locus of circumlocution on the internet should not preclude those of mens sano who exercise their "?" (and even, in certain circumstances, a sparingly-used "?!") in proper order to prevent the rut from becoming a grave. Indeed, that which had been the shovel by which one might erringly excavate his/her own interring could indeed become the ladder by which one might effect an escape from the dreaded ditch.

Nevertheless, we must be ever the more watchful, as Bb rightly implies, lest our unsorted sorties become sordid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bb
The dot has the virtue of signifying landfall, as in "here beginneth a discussion", "at this point", "this spot flagged for further development." A little dot will do it.
And all this time I thought it was "x" that marked the spot.

EDIT: I am lately made aware by the fair Miss Bb that she is no longer a mod. Which means I could admonish her for replying in kind to my semi-silliness, but with that pointed finger there would be at least three pointing back at me, and not on my own hand.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:09 PM   #33
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Quote:
'Tis a matter of interpretation, Master Thenamir. There are those who would contend that Xs are kisses...

(Just adding an additional mod voice to this "discussion", and no, I will not move it to 'Mirth' - this are serious thread, and we is serious mods!)
Old 05-24-2007, 12:47 PM   #34
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
1420! X

Party on, dudes!

~*~ Pio

Last edited by piosenniel; 05-24-2007 at 02:12 PM.
piosenniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 01:07 PM   #35
alatar
Doubting Dwimmerlaik

alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Degree

°

Unlike the solid period, the degree symbol is open, circular but unfulfilled, open to possibility. It exists above the baseline, above the everyday mundane and mud. Typed next to a number, the symbol can connote thermal energies, or the lack thereof. Or where we are, a pointer, on this arc called life.

Revolution!

Stacking two together, one above and below, we get the numeral 8, which, as we all know is just ∞ standing up, commanding attention, ready to move.
Old 05-24-2007, 01:36 PM   #36
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

τηε μιγητ

I just had to do it.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:23 PM   #37
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Might
τηε μιγητ

I just had to do it.
Nice! Though actually, hmm, in reality it would be needed to be written somehow like "θε μιγχτ" (or this is the best I can think of) since "θ" is "th" and "η" is generally "é". But anyway, nice... *applause*

Uh-huh! Now mentioning it... what about * ? I wonder why no one mentioned it... of course... there are many and many associations with it, sure, many may be quite misleading, but... I just think it's something that deserves to be mentioned. I can't see why you avoided it so long... unless you were afraid? But why? Why should you worry to use it?
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 04:14 PM   #38
Aiwendil
Late Istar

Aiwendil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Aiwendil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
And what of the pilcrow, the solidus, the therefore sign, and that strangest of newfangled punctuation marks, the interrobang?

As for the startlingly insightful discussion so far on this thread, I can only add:

&
Aiwendil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 05:07 PM   #39
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelyn Telcontar
'Tis a matter of interpretation, Master Thenamir. There are those who would contend that Xs are kisses...
Why, just so, and how right that our Mistress of Historical Romance would think of that interpretation. For my part, I contemplated the X but with a shrug rejected it, as I was sure that no one who remembers my five years here on the Downs would in any way take seriously a mark from me signifying illiteracy.

And I must generously thank our Modess pio for her Squirrel the Grey, as greys abound in my home town and are most socialable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alatar
Stacking two ° together, one above and below, we get the numeral 8, which, as we all know is just ∞ standing up, commanding attention, ready to move.
That's looking more like a unicycle built for two, and there we are back again at Ms Zesty's kisses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiwendil
And what of the pilcrow, the solidus, the therefore sign, and that strangest of newfangled punctuation marks, the interrobang?
My siggie notwithstanding, I wouldn't stroke any key that produces an interrobang, at least not here at family-friendly BD, although possibly that is something Master Thena could handle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Uh-huh! Now mentioning it... what about *
Say that three times in a row with a straight face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TM
τηε μιγητ

Quote:
Originally Posted by alatar
°
Now if I had used the degree symbol, people would have thought I was going for bellylaughs, with such a belly button sign, and then everyone would have been asking Fordim for a poll to see how many Downers have innies and how many have outies. Come to think of it, do you suppose the first elves had bellybuttons? or Aule's dwarves? or, even, the Ainur?

There, I think I've quite successfully brought this back to a right proper Tolkien topic.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:02 PM   #40
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

For the first time on the BD I'm totally weirded out... AUGH!!!!!!

Okay, I do think that this thread is awesome, but I can't take it. So long!

OH! Before I leave, Bethberry, they are not "innies or outies" they are bellybuttons, or bellyditches.

Last edited by Finduilas; 05-24-2007 at 07:06 PM.
Finduilas is offline   Reply With Quote