The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2005, 09:04 PM   #41
Dűrbelethwen
Haunting Spirit

Dűrbelethwen has just left Hobbiton.
They have completed the casting for the musical. Here is an article from the webstie for my morning paper. For those who live in the Seattle area it think it will probably be in tomorrows paper.
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/artand...%20the%20Rings
Dűrbelethwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 07:55 AM   #42
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots Sing a song of Middle-earth

Thanks for that link, Dűrbelethwen.

Estelyn, oh Mighty Mod of Movies, I wonder if you could merge this thread with the one in the Novices and Necomers thread?

For those of you wanting information about the cast--something like 52 of the 55 announced roles went to thespians of the Great White North, so you might never have heard of most of them--here are some links. The roles of Galadriel, Gimli and Bilbo have not yet been filled.

Brent Carver--Gandalf

Michael Therriault--Gollem

citypulse news release on casting LotR

TorStar article

Globe

Sadly, that Globe link does not include a photo of the seven top leads, but it does have a quote comparing Tolkien and Shakespeare!

As preposterous as this idea sounds, I have to say that casting Carver as Gandalf is a shrewd move to demonstrate integrity. He comes with as credible a history of achievements as Ian McClellan. And after all, the Royal Shakespeare company did carry off Nicholas Nickleby with amazing success.
Bęthberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 08:14 AM   #43
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
*shocked*

Can you believe I really didn't know?

This will be horrible. I'm sure of it. *envisions Orcs hopping along and singing a strange, cheery tune that reminds one oddly of 'Under the Sea' (Under the Eye?) or something else Disney-related*
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 03:01 PM   #44
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Ahhh!! I have even more exciting news!! I know I've already said previously on the thread that my school will be attending the Musical in October. However, the wonderful news that I didn't recieve until recently is.....drum roll please!!!.......We get to have an acting workshop with the characters who play the Hobbits in the musical!!! This is so exciting!! Gah! I can't wait!!!
Old 09-18-2006, 02:41 AM   #45
davem
Illustrious Ulair

Location: In the home of lost causes, and forsaken beliefs, and unpopular names,and impossible loyalties
davem is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.davem is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Hopeful hobbits start auditions.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/5354930.stm
davem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 05:46 AM   #46
narfforc
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

narfforc has been trapped in the Barrow!
Does anyone know whether this Musical will go on tour in Britain, I only ask because unbeknown to some Britain consists of more than just London, over 60million people live in this country and most don't live in London. Paying more than a hundred pound to go on a train, then get ripped off in a hotel isn't cost effective.
Old 09-19-2006, 11:44 AM   #47
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by narfforc
Does anyone know whether this Musical will go on tour in Britain, I only ask because unbeknown to some Britain consists of more than just London, over 60million people live in this country and most don't live in London. Paying more than a hundred pound to go on a train, then get ripped off in a hotel isn't cost effective.
And the rest. The tickets will probably be around Ł40-Ł60 a head anyway. Its easier to chance it if you're down there anyway, as I've managed to get dirt cheap last minute tickets for shows.

I doubt it will tour as they need a very large theatre for it, which is why they've been waiting for we Will Rock You to finish so they can have that venue. I might go and see it if I could get a cheap deal, but I suspect it might be more worthwhile for a Tolkien fan to watch the Jackson films on fast forward while listening to New Age CDs backwards to get the same 'experience' from the reviews I've read.

Ouch...
Old 09-19-2006, 12:11 PM   #48
narfforc
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

narfforc has been trapped in the Barrow!
Ha-Ha-HA-HE-ARRRRRGHT ATTACK, it has just took me ages to stop laughing. I am getting really quite fond of you and Davem, both of your humour is a gift, would you like to run the Lord of the Grins fanclub when it eventually happens, I wish there were more of you, I really do.