Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2003, 06:55 AM   #81
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Orofaniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orofaniel
Sting

Elennar Starfire - Nice thought...But me and Nova have already thought of something...it's quite similar to your thought, though. Nova was plainning to post the 'idea' later today, as far as I know.

So, pelase just wait with your post until Nova has written down the plan step by step. In the mean time, you are more than welcome to write 'another' post, just don't 'loose' your character at this point.

Thanks! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
[img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 10-24-2003, 02:41 PM   #82
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Novnarwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Novnarwen Send a message via Yahoo to Novnarwen
Sting

Everyone

This is how we are going to do the climbing:

Quote:
1.) Lorien over the Redhorn Pass (in the Misty Mountains – the Elves would call it them the Hithaeglir; they are right on the western border of Lorien) and turning a little south to where the Sirranon River comes out from beneath the mountains:

75 miles – this would be a difficult passage – snowy, stormy and all – possibly a few orcs. Good for a little battle and some Elven fortitude and skill with sword and bow. This scene is we definitely going to have. I'll come back to this later. In the mean time you should prepare, practise your battle skills.
Okay, the elves have already walked for about 30 miles,

Quote:
(I’m thinking the untiring Elves could cover a good 25 miles per day)
(They have walked one day, and camped. I, Oro and Jack have already posted after the camp, which means they have walked about 30 miles...Yes, now I am repeating myself...)

Okay, anyway. The next move:

We will start the mountain climbing, and it's still foggy and difficult to see.

Elennar- We have equal minds. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I and Oro were thinking the same. And your character is welcome to be 'lost'. Though, we need two or three characters to get lost as well.

This is what is going to happen:

At the first nightfall, (game time) in the mountains, we will be attacked by a couple of orcs. (Your character is welcome to have odd feelings about this, or in advance even be suspicious. A little disagreement or something like that would be cool too.) If you decide that your character shall be suspicious, then you should speak to Tanroth or Firiel about this. You can also go behind their backs, and talk to the others. Anyway, what we want to have is a little confrontation, where some of you have just a tiny sharp tune about whether you think they should continue or rest, because of the fog.

However, Tanroth will push on and tell them to get going. By nightfall, (game time) they will be half over the mountains anyway, that's the main reason he pushes on. When the dark is growing, and Tanroth (perhaps Firiel and/or Rostion) decide to camp for the night, they will be attacked from two directions.

In the confusion, the group will split in two groups:

Group number 1)

Elennar, (since you have already volunteered) and two-three others. (I was hoping only two would follow Dunaire, but if you really want to, then be my guest. The reason I want more on Tanroth's group is that having 2 at his 'side' and four ‘against’ him, would be a bit too much.

And, one in this group should be injured, not badly, juts enough to get the group slowed down. (Relax, the injury will pass, without any real drama...A little cut here or there, would be fine.)

Group number 2)

Tanroth, (Firiel and Rostion?) (I hope it's okay for you two, to follow Tanroth in the fighting scene. I was thinking this, especially since Firiel is 'buddying' Tanroth on this quest. It's kind of natural to have Rostion following his wife, or the other way around.

Okay, in the fog (as I've already said) they will be separated. They will spend the night (game time) as two groups: a few posts with a parallel story, where the one of the groups will find their way to their ruined camp. The other group, will eventually make it down from the mountain. Here they will meet. Anyway, the result of this incident will be that the group is about one day behind Tanroth’s planned schedule. This will worry him, as it is already. He grows even more afraid of the ship leaving, without them reaching it. Therefore Tanroth will press hard, when we carry along the story.

Please 'sign up' for the group you want to join at the discussion thread, as soon as possible. This, particulary is importnat sine we will have this little disagreement... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I also need one person in group number 1 to get just a tiny injured!! 'Sign up' for that too.

Nilpaurion-Please, let me know if you feel comfortable about joining Tanroth's group.

Elennar Please, let me know if you still want to be in the 'lost ones' group. (Erm.. both of the groups are kind of lost. Anyway, you know what I mean..)

And, whether Tanroth's or Elennar's (?) group will make it down the mountain, we'll have to see about that.

I think that was all for now. If anyone has any questions about anything, don't hesitate to ask. I know, that perhaps I was a bit vague here. *points upwards*

Elfwine- I am deeply sorry for the mixture about whether you were a female or male. Forgive me... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Okay then, thanks!

*nova* [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

PS! I beg you to hold of posting about the mountain climbing before me or Oro has posted first. You can though, post about coming to the mountains... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 10-24-2003, 02:53 PM   #83
Jack
Haunting Spirit

Jack has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hey Nova I'll get lost to! And if no one other than me wants to be injured I can be injured to!!!

Jack
Old 10-24-2003, 09:18 PM   #84
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
OK! I'll be with Tanroth!
Old 10-24-2003, 09:39 PM   #85
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tinuviel of Denton has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tinuviel of Denton
Silmaril

Lost group. I seem to do that rather a lot. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] (see Fall of Greenwood the Great. At least Arilewen won't be alone.)
Old 10-25-2003, 04:13 AM   #86
ElentariGreenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

ElentariGreenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

ooooo... Group 1 please! I can also heal the injured person. Imthôlion is good at healing (atleast i THINK I put that in his character bio) *checks bio* Yup:

Quote:
Imthôlion knows the various properties of plants and which can be used for healing
Old 10-25-2003, 06:10 AM   #87
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

PS! Characters which are confirmed, in the different groups, are marked in bold.

Suggestion for group number one (Oro must approve..):

Dunaire - Elennar Starfire
Erfalas - Jack
Arilewen - Tinuviel of Denton
Imthôlion -ElentariGreenleaf, (You'll have to heal the poor Erfalas who is getting injured, then.. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img])

Suggestion for group number two:

Tanroth - Novnarwen
Rostion - Nilpaurion Felagund
Firiel - Orofaniel
Solondil - Elfwine
Erkaliel -Enif (We must take her chracter along. I believe she has some kind of computer problems.
********************'

Does this sound okay?

A post is soon coming up, when the group will arrive the mountains!

[ October 25, 2003: Message edited by: Novnarwen ]
Old 10-25-2003, 12:55 PM   #88
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Elennar Starfire has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Elennar Starfire
Silmaril

Yep, I will be lost! I was thinking at first of just one person falling behind, but I like your idea!
Old 10-25-2003, 03:34 PM   #89
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Okay, Elennar! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Since we haven't heard from the others, I assume they'll have to stay in those groups I suggested.. MWHAHA.. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Anyway, I have posted. The post is 'under construction' though. Until it's finished, I must ask you to think about your chracater, and if he/she likely would have any objections to the camp situation in the Mountains. Will your character agree with Tanroth and Firiel, or disagree?

It's up to you.

I suggest though that two persons in group 1. will have objections to this. But don't be to harsh, and make sure it fits too your character description. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Old 10-25-2003, 03:55 PM   #90
Elfwine
Pile O'Bones

Elfwine has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Everything sounds just fine to me.

Again, my apologies for not posting enough. My computer's being a real...*censored*.

I'll be gone for three days straight starting Halloween, so if anything important is to take place then, I'm warning you now.

Elfwine
Old 10-25-2003, 04:13 PM   #91
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Sting

Nova- The groups sounds great! Thanks for putting them up.

I've also put up a 'save' for Firiel, where she will support Tanroth. We would likely have some 'talk-behind-back' scenes if you know what I mean. But that would of course be group number 1.

So please members of group 1; Write a post where your character is a bit suspicious and stuff. And 'behind-back-talking' of course!

Elfwine- we will bring along your character! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ October 25, 2003: Message edited by: Orofaniel ]
Old 10-25-2003, 05:46 PM   #92
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

About SAVE's on the Game

Please put a few words on your SAVE that let others know what you intend to put in it.
Old 10-26-2003, 05:40 AM   #93
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Sting

I've filled in my 'save' now.

Jack and Elentari- Check your Pms!

Okay, now that Firiel have told the elves what they are going to do, please write a post telling us what your character thinks of this. Please note which 'group' you're in before posting! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2003, 07:58 AM   #94
ElentariGreenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Please tell me if there's something I should change in my post (eg, something about a character's personaltiy I may have got wrong)
Old 10-26-2003, 08:48 AM   #95
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Your post was great, Elentari!

Okay, is anyone interested in taking us up and well up into the Mountain?

And, if we want a confrontation, we'll need it before nightfall (game time). Let's say.. erm.. On the road, or.. when they start the mountain climbing. But it's really up to you guys in group 1. The reason we need the confrontation before nigtfall, is that we are going to be attacked by orcs when the dark is growing..This is going to happen when the elves have their first and only camp, in the mountains.

Anyway, let's get a confrontation first, before nighfall. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Group number 1: You're welcome to be *rude* [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] Make sure there are some limits, though... [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Old 10-26-2003, 09:06 AM   #96
ElentariGreenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

I'll have Imthôlion try to stop the group split, but he'll go along with Erfalas, uinare and Arilewen (wow, I've learnt the names!) after some hesistation.

Jack: So, what's Erfalas' injury going to be?

[ October 26, 2003: Message edited by: ElentariGreenleaf ]
Old 10-26-2003, 03:34 PM   #97
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Please remember:

Remove your signature on every post to the Game.

That will most likely be the "edit" you see by me on your post.

Thanks!

~*~ Pio
Old 10-26-2003, 05:05 PM   #98
Jack
Haunting Spirit

Tolkien

mmm... I have no ideas, anyone??

~Jack
Old 10-27-2003, 10:14 AM   #99
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Ring

Quote:
Groups number 1)
And, one in this group should be injured, not badly, juts enough to get the group slowed down. (Relax, the injury will pass, without any real drama...A little cut here or there, would be fine.)
Okay, I've written as small list over possible injuries....
Jack- Hopefully you'll get some ideas... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

~*~

Possible Injuries list:

- Your character could trip of from a clip/stone (or whatever, it's up to your creativity.) The injuries from these kinds of incidents would probably be; cuts, broken rib(s) (?), you could pass out etc.

- Your character could get stuck in the snow. (This isn't a “rea”' injury, but it will cause delay.. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] )

- Your character can twist your ankle....And he/she will probably “demand” a break, which will cause delay... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

- Your character could tremble in the snow, this would cause delay (now I'm repeating myself [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]), and she/he would probably get a scratch or two? Maybe he/she is not found right away?

~*~

Hm...I hope that you all can find something that would be suiteble for your character. I'm not saying you have to use one of these, they are only proposals.... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

You are more than welcome to use your creativity and find your own injuries.. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 10-27-2003, 11:04 AM   #100
Jack
Haunting Spirit

Tolkien

mmm... I think the twisted ankle is good, I'm not sure about "demanding" but I'll work on it. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

O and thank for the suggestions Oro! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-28-2003, 11:48 AM   #101
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Tinuviel or Elfwine-
Are any of you interested in taking the group up and well up into the mountains. Leave a note at this thread if you aren't able to.

Good job, people!

*Nova*

PS! I would like us to be down from the mountains latest after the weekend. We mustn't fall back schedule!
Old 10-29-2003, 08:31 AM   #102
Jack
Haunting Spirit

Tolkien

Ok... I have a problem people! My father has banned me from the internet until the 14th of November... And at the point to! I tried to explain but he is currently unmoved. So that will mean more setbacks and carrying of characters for all you kind people.
Sorry and until the 14th...

Jack [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-29-2003, 08:33 AM   #103
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Okay. We must get this moving, and in perhaps a faster pace.

I'll set up this list, a rquested posting list. And I truly hope, we'll manage to have these posts up by Saturday. Or well, Sunday morning. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Post #1, dedicated to Tinuviel of Denton: Please take us up and well up into the mountains. We'll be ready to make a camp then. (We have walked for about 6 hours from the River by then..) Note: It's still foggy and difficult to see!

Post #2, dedicated to Elfwine: You are to continue where Tinuviel leaves off. Which will mean that you write about the group setting up a camp, preparing food and making a fire, which porbably isn't a very good idea.. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] You might want to bring up a discussion while they eat. This could be about what they will do next. (That's just a thought. Please, feel free to discuss anything you would like, or your character what he would like.)

Post #3, dedicated to Novnarwen: Tanroth volunteers to stand guard in the first period, while the others sleep. Asks Erfalas if he wants to stand guard with him, as well.

Post #4, dedicated to Jack: Erfalas agrees to stand guard with Tanroth. (They might want to discuss the camp matter, which they earlier disagreed about. However, they could clear up things.. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] The point is really, to get them a bit distracted, so they won't notice the ugly orcs sneaking up on them.) They are shot at by arrows. No one are wounded though, the orcs miss by an inch. Erfalas announces/screams that the group is under attack.

Post #5, dedicated to ElennarStarfire: Dunaire wakes up by the scream of Erfalas. She knows they are under attack. I would like for you to describe the orcs, coming from two directons; west and east. Also, remember, this isn't a mass attack. Note: There wouldn't more than 20-30 orcs.

Post #6, dedicated to Nilpaurion Felagund: Rostion wakes Firiel and they, together spring over to Tanroth's side to fight there. Describe how the group is divided into two, where group 1. (Dunaire, Erfalas, Arilewen and Imthôlion) goes to fight the orcs, coming from the eastern direction, and where group 2, (Tanroth, Rostion, Firiel, Solondil and Erkaliel.) faces the orcs coming from the western side.

Post #7, dedicated to Orofaniel: Firiel follows Rostion. Defends herself. Describing how suddenly she cannot see group 1. (Dunaire, Erfalas, Arilewen and Imthôlion).

Post #8, dedicated Elentari Greenleaf: Description of how group 1 manages to fight the orcs on the eastern side.

Post #9, dedicated to Jack: Erfalas is injured. (You must decide yourself how.)

Post #10, dedicated to ElentariGreenleaf: It's up to you to heal Erfalas, and take the group back to the camp. (This group was really lucky, not running too far away from their camp... [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img])

Post #11, dedicated to Novnarwen: The last orc is slain at the western side. Group two is confused by how the group got divided. Tanroth come with the proposal of trying to get down from the mountains before sunrise. Everyone agrees.

NOTE: This list, by all means, doesn't stop you from postin in between. The persons listed are just the ones going to carry the story. And, I won't set up any saves. It's up to us, to co-ordinate, and follow this list. When you see it's your turn to carry along the story, than please do so. I don't think this is too much to ask.

The Shire policies say that we're supposed to post at least, 2 posts a week! Anyway, if you have any objections wit the list or etc. please tell me. If you're not able to post, then set a note up on the discussion thread.

I haven't included Enif, because she has some kind of computer problems and cannot access BD. Don't forget to bring her along, though. I'll send her a PM, anyway.

If you have any questions regarding this requested posting list, you can either PM me or post here.

Tinuviel, I hope you'll post as soon as possible. Elfwine is going away for the weekend (Right), so it would be great if both og you had indeed posted before then!

Thanks,

Nova

EDIT: Jack- We'll take your character along...You will be missed. (Sent you a Pm too.)
A sent PM to Enif as well.

[ October 29, 2003: Message edited by: Novnarwen ]
Old 10-30-2003, 08:08 AM   #104
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Tolkien

Sice no one had posted, I've set up two saves so that Nova can continue the game. I hope that was alright with you.

Tinuviel and Elfwine: Write your posts as soon as possible up here on the discussion thread, and I'm sure that Pio will be kind enough to place them in the game.

And as Nova said in the previous post: By Sunday morning, these posts should be up. 11 to be exact... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 10-30-2003, 02:02 PM   #105
ElentariGreenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Does it matter if the posts are a little shorter than my last ones? If I were to do them today or tomorrow I won't have much time, but on saturay I can write longer ones. But, um, should I wait until the people before me have posted or what? I'm no goo at being organised... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 10-30-2003, 02:08 PM   #106
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Okay. Your post should be up as post 8, which means that you can wait a little longer. Orofaniel, I believe has PMed everyone, about the posting.

General-If you don't have the time to post now, you should set up a save. But do it in the right order. If the person before you haven't posted anything, then wait.

If it takes too long, and one person doesn't post, I'll make a save, and that person will have to fill it later.

Elentari- I suggest you wait a bit. You could start planning your post though, since you know a bit about what's going to happen..

I hope that was the answer to your question..

Nova

[ October 30, 2003: Message edited by: Novnarwen ]
Old 10-30-2003, 02:32 PM   #107
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Okay, I have filled my save.

I am setting up a save for Jack, who is currently going to be filled by someone else. (?) Jack will be away for about 14 days... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Thanks,
Nova
Old 10-31-2003, 09:55 AM   #108
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Quote:
Post #1, dedicated to Tinuviel of Denton: Please take us up and well up into the mountains. We'll be ready to make a camp then. (We have walked for about 6 hours from the River by then..) Note: It's still foggy and difficult to see!

Post #2, dedicated to Elfwine: You are to continue where Tinuviel leaves off. Which will mean that you write about the group setting up a camp, preparing food and making a fire, which porbably isn't a very good idea.. You might want to bring up a discussion while they eat. This could be about what they will do next. (That's just a thought. Please, feel free to discuss anything you would like, or your character what he would like.)
*Points upwards* These posts are missing. Elfwine and Tinuviel, please fill the saves Oro set up.

Quote:
Post #3, dedicated to Novnarwen: Tanroth volunteers to stand guard in the first period, while the others sleep. Asks Erfalas if he wants to stand guard with him, as well.

Post #4, dedicated to Jack: Erfalas agrees to stand guard with Tanroth. (They might want to discuss the camp matter, which they earlier disagreed about. However, they could clear up things.. The point is really, to get them a bit distracted, so they won't notice the ugly orcs sneaking up on them.) They are shot at by arrows. No one are wounded though, the orcs miss by an inch. Erfalas announces/screams that the group is under attack.
*Points upwards* These posts are up! (I posted for Jack)

Quote:
Post #5, dedicated to ElennarStarfire: Dunaire wakes up by the scream of Erfalas. She knows they are under attack. I would like for you to describe the orcs, coming from two directons; west and east. Also, remember, this isn't a mass attack. Note: There wouldn't more than 20-30 orcs.
*Summons ElennarStarfire* You're up!

Nova
Old 10-31-2003, 05:58 PM   #109
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

I'm so sorry--rehearsals have been insane lately because we open this weekend. I don't have time to write a post just now, but I will get on it as soon as humanly possible. I hope to put it up sometime tomorrow.
Old 11-01-2003, 01:34 PM   #110
Enif
Pile O'Bones

Enif has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Enif
Sting

oh god sorry for all the trouble.... I'll have my internet back on Monday.
sorry, sorry, sorry...
thank you for being so patient...
Enif
Old 11-01-2003, 07:29 PM   #111
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

I have been gone for several days and had no chance to post and tell you, I am sorry! I have no time to write a good post now, but I will write it ASAP!
Old 11-02-2003, 08:54 AM   #112
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

The Eye

It is Sunday morning as far as I know, and no one of those who should have posted have posted. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Since this is stopping me from posting, I'm going to set up 'saves' for you so that I can do a post for Firiel in the mean time. So when you've written your posts just post them here on the discussion thread. Pio will paste them for you..

Everyone- I want to see some posts this afternoon! We have to get this one going. We are aleady way behind our planned schedule. (I'm sorry if I seem a bit 'grumpy', but we have to keep going!)
Old 11-02-2003, 02:00 PM   #113
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Quote:
(I'm sorry if I seem a bit 'grumpy', but we have to keep going!)
If you seemed grumpy, I am going to seem way more grumpier now.

Since Wednesday no one has posted! Jack, Enif and partly Elfwine are excused.

However, I don't see a reason for you others' absence. Have none of you checked the game thread nor the discussion thread the last couple of days? Have so few of you checked your PMs?

And if you know that you can't post, why don't you leave a note earlier; before you leave? It doesn't really help when you come after you have been away.

Now that was being grumpy. Anyway, I really hope to see the posts listed anove (this thread) by the 5th of November, Wednesday. Make us a favor, don't make us use hours of planning, when no one intends to post.

If you are wondering about anything, please send a PM or post here!

Thank you,

Nova

(I hope I wasn't too harsh. Or at least, that wasn't my intention. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img])
Old 11-02-2003, 02:06 PM   #114
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

The Eye

I've filled in my 'save' now, and I expect you to do the same as soon as possible!
Old 11-02-2003, 11:12 PM   #115
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

*cringes* I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry! I didn't expect my mother to forbid me to get on the computer, nor did I expect her to change the settings so that I couldn't get on the Internet after eleven, which is when my rehearsals end. If I can't even access the computer, how am I supposed to tell you I won't be here? I thought I would be able to put my post up yesterday, but I had to care for my sister all morning and then I was away all afternoon.

Now that I've groveled, here's my post that I didn't even get a chance to know I was supposed to write until Friday.

The elves walked for several more hours, surrounded by the white dimness of fog. Arilewen kept hearing odd noises, though she was sure that they were merely products of overactive imagination. The conversation earlier stayed in her mind, and the implication that there might be orcs roaming across their path frightened her. She was no warrior, to slay the foul things, though if pressed she would certainly try.

A cawing to her left startled her. She jumped, then scolded herself for being so timid. This fog was making everyone edgy it seemed. Nervous laughter filled the silence after the birdcall, Arilewen's not least. She still felt slightly embarrassed about singing in front of the group; compliments made her uncomfortable.

Solondil (she thought it was Solondil, anyway. The fog made features difficult to determine.) smiled over at her, explaining that it was only a bird, a crow or raven, most likely. She nodded and carefully studied the ground she was walking over, ostesibly to keep from stumbling.

Her feet hurt by the time Tanroth signaled for the group to halt. Arilewen was unaccustomed to walking so far. At home, she had only criss-crossed the forest, though to some, that was far enough. She sat down, noting that the fog seemed to have thinned a bit, enough that she could see the others clearly. A few also sat on rocks, rubbing their equally tender feet while the rest busied themselves with the tasks necessary for setting up a camp.

I'm sorry that it's short, and that it's late. I'd have made it longer, but things have been more hectic than I'd expected this weekend. *cringes again from the expected wrath of the game owners, and slinks away*
Old 11-03-2003, 02:33 AM   #116
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Tinuviel

Your post is on the game.

~*~ Pio
Old 11-03-2003, 10:34 AM   #117
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Ring

Tinuviel-Nice post! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I'm glad that we've got our first post of the players up on the RPG.

Quote:
If I can't even access the computer, how am I supposed to tell you I won't be here?
I don't think Nova ment what she said in that way you're referring too. I think she meant those who were going 'away' and didn't tell us before they did so.

And Tinuviel, don't worry. You have at least filled up your spot even though it was one day or so late. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

The others however, must fill before or on Wednesday the 5th of November!
Old 11-03-2003, 05:25 PM   #118
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Soooo sorry it took me so long, my schedule has been hectic! I have had no time! Well, here is my post.

"We are under attack! We are under attack!"

Erfalas' cry woke Dunaire from a dreamless sleep, and he sat up, startled, ducked as an arrow whizzed over his head, and grabbed for his sword. Springing to his feet, he rushed to the east, the direction the cry had come from, though he heard the sound of battle coming also from the west.

Through the fog he could barely see where he was going, snd several times almost ran into a tree, an orc, or one of his companions. There weren't all that many orcs, only about ten on this side, and probably not many more on the western side, but the fog made it difficult to tell who was a friend and who was an enemy. Once, Dunaire mistook Imthôlion for an orc, and only just in time realized who it really was. They then stayed close, and eventually Arilewen and Erfalas joined them.

"Have you seen any of the others?" Imthôlion asked as they arrived.

Both shook their heads no.

"Tanroth went to the western side, perhaps the others are with him," Erfalas said.

Let us hope so.

[ November 03, 2003: Message edited by: Elennar Starfire ]
Old 11-03-2003, 05:44 PM   #119
Elfwine
Pile O'Bones

Elfwine has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

As am I, as am I - terribly, terribly sorry about the delay in my post, and my lack of knowledge on the plot. I will try to get on as much as possible, though there is always the risk that my computer might...blow up...again.

Though his words to Arilewen were calm, spoken in his hushed, low voice, he could not help acknowledging the shadowy fear creeping forth from the back of his mind and the depths of his heart. With a series of nods and gestures, and a few suppressed whispers, he had the others silently preparing another camp. He himself stooped below every now and then to gather kindling, though he was rather hesitant about the fire all his companions wished for.

The silence that overcame the travelors was an eerie one, that not even Solondil could stand, but with one look at each wary face through the mist held back the words rolling upon his tongue. Now was a time for rest, and he hoped, with all his heart, that they'd find it.
Old 11-04-2003, 04:15 AM   #120
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Elennar and Elfwine

Your posts are now on the game.