The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-01-2009, 05:51 PM   #1521
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
A few nights ago I had a Barrow Downs dream, unfortunately I can't remember it. What I do remember is Rune as Karl Marx and Abe Lincoln had formed a super hero group together.
Old 02-01-2009, 06:24 PM   #1522
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Scchhh. . .my true identity must not be revealed!

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 11:55 AM   #1523
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Palantir-Green

My subconscious goes murderous again... I'm so sorry... I dreamt that Groin died and his obituary said "He looked like an Elf"... Sorry Groin...
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 09:12 AM   #1524
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I had a dream tgwbs went to the same school with me and on our way to the metro station after school we talked about the organic shop run by Nogrod.
Old 02-07-2009, 02:05 PM   #1525
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
My subconscious goes murderous again... I'm so sorry... I dreamt that Groin died and his obituary said "He looked like an Elf"... Sorry Groin...
Heaven forbid it! Aule preserve me!

I actually went to the mirror to see if I did look like an Elf after I read that!
Old 02-08-2009, 09:44 AM   #1526
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I had a Barrow-Downs dream last night, but I can't remember much except that we were actually living a Werewolf game.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:56 AM   #1527
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
I had a dream this morning, shortly before waking up, in which Rikae was scheduled to read her Master's thesis publicly. So I went, and listened, and I think we may have been on a boat, however I also think there were a lot of bookshelves. She was still pregnant in my dream, and as she read the first twenty pages or so (sorry, dear, I don't remember what any of it was about), I listened to two older gentlemen who were standing, partially obscured, by the shelves. They said something about her being a very promising student, I think.

Then there was a party after, and the only person I knew was my own personal Kelly, and from across the room/boat I heard Rikae call, "Person I don't recognize!"

And I looked up, and she said, "You must be Fea, since I know everybody else."

And then I introduced Rikae and my Kelly, and we all chatted for a bit, and Rik told me that Mac was at home napping.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:10 PM   #1528
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

TheGreatElvenWarrior has been trapped in the Barrow!
There's no such thing as triangles...

So, I just had to post this... Even though I'm on the school's computer and technically not allowed to do this...

I had a dream the other night that I decided that for some reason I was going to get myself a new account on the BD, I was typing in my new username which had something to do with penguins, or pandas... Anyway, my friend was at my house and wanted to put exclamation points after the words... I let her, but I got annoyed... I can't remember what happened next though... Lachrymose.
Old 02-15-2009, 07:23 AM   #1529
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
I had a Barrow-Down Dream this morning, but suprisingly it was not totaly obscure. . .nobody had turned into a tomato or anything of the sort.

I dreamt I was waching telly and as I was searching the channels I noticed that Brinniel was on danish tv2. She was participating in the danish version of "Who wants to be a millionaire" and she had reached the final question, of course she got it right and won the million. My reaction was to sit down infront of the computer and start creating a congratulations threat on The Barrow-Downs.

When i awoke I sat down infront of the computer in order to finnish the threat, it took me a while to figure out that it is sunday(who wants to be a millionaire is on mondays) and that it had all been a dream.

Old 03-02-2009, 02:20 PM   #1530
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I just came here to post the dream I had, and noticed Fea's - it's a bit scary, considering that by the next to last night of Shasta's game, I knew her role precisely because I knew the role of everyone else. (Yep, I kept my promise not to dream of you, Fea!)

Now, I've been hoping to have a 'downs dream I could post for quite some time, and now when I have one, it's about the one 'downer who doesn't need his ego inflated any further than it already is. Well, anyway:

I dreamed that the phantom (the cartoon one featured in Hookbill's newspaper, not the young man in formal wear that we know from Volo's photo page) had some kind of illegal, underground business involving trains. So he painted a car like an old-fashioned train engine and drove through town in it, and when someone asked why, he said "I'm advertising my business". There were, of course, no legal repercussions, because he's the phantom.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 02:40 PM   #1531
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
I dreamed that the phantom (the cartoon one featured in Hookbill's newspaper, not the young man in formal wear that we know from Volo's photo page) had some kind of illegal, underground business involving trains. So he painted a car like an old-fashioned train engine and drove through town in it, and when someone asked why, he said "I'm advertising my business". There were, of course, no legal repercussions, because he's the phantom.
Blast! You've just given away the plot for volume 57 of The Phantom and Alien.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:34 PM   #1532
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I seem to have had two in sequence dreams in the past week or so. The only Downer involved whom I remember is the phantom - last night, we were racing on roller skates and beating each other with hockey sticks. He was making a good pace even with the oversized flowy cloak. The helmet kind of ruined the look though.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 12:15 PM   #1533
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Mkay. So. Apparently me & my family were taking a trip, and we decided to stop at this nasty rundown strip mall. On the sign, rather falling down, I see a dull orange sign that reads "Phantom and Alien".

"Sweet!" I say.

"Ugh," my sister says, but I drag her in anyway.

The place is very tiny, very dark, and very crowded. There's some non-Downer minding the counter, who informs me that Hookbill is not in this day. I peer into the back*, but there's no-one there. I am crushed.

Then, a young lady named Wilwarin6538 rushes in, late for her shift.

Me and my sister buy some Alien-shaped chocolates, which hopefully do not contain wasps. As we are leaving, we hear news of dictator-for-life Kath's illness.

*Ugh, typical customer behavior.

Old 03-29-2009, 12:35 PM   #1534
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddwen View Post
Mkay. So. Apparently me & my family were taking a trip, and we decided to stop at this nasty rundown strip mall. On the sign, rather falling down, I see a dull orange sign that reads "Phantom and Alien".

"Sweet!" I say.

"Ugh," my sister says, but I drag her in anyway.

The place is very tiny, very dark, and very crowded.
If there ever was a shop dedicated to The Phantom and Alien, I would make sure it was as run down and dark as that. It seems to fit.
But those Alien chocolates were probably made with medical waist.
Old 03-29-2009, 12:41 PM   #1535
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Mnemosyne Send a message via Yahoo to Mnemosyne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba View Post
If there ever was a shop dedicated to The Phantom and Alien, I would make sure it was as run down and dark as that. It seems to fit.
I hope you'll carry Spring Surprise.
Old 03-31-2009, 03:54 PM   #1536
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba View Post
Yuck! Hookbill, you're so gross sometimes!
Old 04-09-2009, 03:44 PM   #1537
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

I hate to double post but...

I had this dream the other night that apparently had Eonwe in it. My family and I had ventured into London, but for some reason it looked rather like some place in the states, although I cannot pin point where (also there were photos of American footballs on the walls of buildings) Anyway, we were walking and there was a ferocious battle happening, and Eonwe was right in the middle of it, or so I thought. I was talking to him when he had spare time, and he told me that he didn't know anyone named "Eonwe".

I should also mention this here:
About a week ago I had a dream involving Hookbill, though I cannot remember exactly what happened, but it had something to do with hills, and it scared me.
Old 04-09-2009, 06:53 PM   #1538
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatElvenWarrior
About a week ago I had a dream involving Hookbill, though I cannot remember exactly what happened, but it had something to do with hills, and it scared me.
Were they...book hills?

Old 04-10-2009, 09:16 AM   #1539
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Last night I had a dream I visited Nerwen who lived in a two-storey house in the middle of a desert. She had several cats, at least two horses, and a SUV. I think her house was wooden and painted either light yellow or light green.
Old 04-11-2009, 05:12 AM   #1540
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Don't ask

I had a dream Bęthberry had been locked in my room and destroyed my bed, a bookshelf and a painting while trying to get out. Then Kent2010 and a newbie whose name started with T began to flirt with her.

Also, Nilp followed me and threatened me with suicide.
Old 04-18-2009, 06:11 AM   #1541
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Heh-heh

It seems I'm triple-posting...

Anyway, last night I had a dream Shasta got kicked out of school and was almost hit by a car right after that. When I met him shortly thereafter, he was sitting on a bench, utterly exhausted. One of his teachers came and started yelling at him, so I had to carry him to another bench.

A few nights ago I also had a dream I learned Nerwen was studying in Helsinki. I wondered why she hadn't told us since it would be nice to meet her.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:09 AM   #1542
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
It's rare enough when I remember a dream, rarer when that dream is about Downers, but I had one last night.

Not that it was an especially exciting dream, plotwise... basically, it consisted of me chatting with Fea--except that I wasn't actually chatting, but was instead standing beside her while she was doing computer stuff, talking to her in much the same manner as if we were chatting online. I think Fea may have been on the Downs, werewolfing or something, but apparently it didn't interest me.

So, instead, when, as most chatversations do, we hit a lull, I started wandering around her massive computer room--apparently the top floor of a luxury skyscraper or something. She had your command computer station in the centre of the room, lit up, while the rest was unlit, and mostly empty--although there was a computer monitor in a nook on the wall, like a search for books station in a major bookstore or library.

For whatever reason, boredom maybe, I went to see what was being shown on the monitor, and ended up getting a rather Del Toro-esque tour of the "world of eyeballs" that ended with some very freaky octopus-arms that had eyeballs instead of suckers, and which apparently some massive spiders in South America have--and there was one in the display case next to the computer.

This thoroughly gave me the jibblies, and Fea was kind enough to dispassionately take a moment out of her whatever-she-was-doing on the computer to tell me it wasn't so bad.

I know that Nienna was also haunting this place, but she ignored me completely.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:21 AM   #1543
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I dreamt that alatar, ably assisted by Folwren, sent me a rather belated birthday letter. It was in a green envelope and something like one cm thick (one cm = a bit less than half an inch for you ignorant Americans ). They had also sent brief letters to Noggie and Greenie so that they wouldn't get jealous. The letter included the actual letter written by alatar and Folwren, lots of photos, mostly of Finduilas and Mith ("Mith is not going to like this," I thought when finding out about it) and a card that had lots of 'downers' names - Boro, phantom, Shasta, sally, Fea at least - and said that they had not been able to write to me themselves but alatar had promised to put their names to the letter for me.

Quite a nice dream, eh?
Old 04-20-2009, 11:41 AM   #1544
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Finally got my first dream, and boy was it weird. Actually, weird because it was relatively normal... if that makes any sense whatsoever...

Somehow I was talking to Legate (online, I think), even though I have never done so in my life. Maybe I was griping about the state of affairs in the world or maybe just in America (I've been drenching myself in right-wing propaganda lately) and Legate explained that he was considering eventually immigrating to America and then began to explain, quite eloquently, how it was still a land of great opportunity in a rather touching modernized display of that old "melting pot" idea that made me so nostalgic I forgot about my complaints (a lot of Czechs settled the area I'm currently living in, so yeah).

And the first question I asked him in response was "So when will your blushing bride be coming over to join you?"

And then I began planning all of the 'Downer meetings that could take place as a result. *facepalm*

What this says about me: Apparently I am highly nationalistic and a shipper at heart?

So, Legate, I ask you: when will we Americans have the opportunity of attending your wedding? (pleasedontkillmepleasedontkillmepleasedontkillme)
Old 04-20-2009, 12:30 PM   #1545
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemosyne View Post
So, Legate, I ask you: when will we Americans have the opportunity of attending your wedding? (pleasedontkillmepleasedontkillmepleasedontkillme)
*kills*

*makes a duck soup and saves it for the wedding*

(Hereby the answer )
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 01:48 PM   #1546
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
*kills*

*makes a duck soup and saves it for the wedding*

(Hereby the answer )
You know, duck soup goes bad quickly.

(Annina says: Don't steal our honey! )

I had a dream I was eating pork and at some point I realised it was actually Rune.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:52 PM   #1547
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
You know, duck soup goes bad quickly. [/B].
Ship it to a subarctic clime and let it freeze outside to keep it from going bad (or, you know, just stick it in the freezer). Soups' flavors are supposed to improve with age.

...Why am I telling you this?
Old 04-20-2009, 03:00 PM   #1548
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemosyne View Post
...Why am I telling you this?
Because no one wants to eat rotten duck soup. Seriously.
Old 04-21-2009, 12:07 AM   #1549
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I had a dream last night that Fea held a press conference at which several of us were in attendance. Phantom was in charge of security, with one of those Secret Service communicators in his ear and everything.

Of course we all thought the press conference would be about something huge and Earth-shattering, like Fea had decided to stop flirting during Werewolf games or something. Nope. She wanted us all to know she was getting rid of her LJ.

Random much?
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:21 AM   #1550
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I had a BD dream last night - I had to organise a meeting of Rune and Kath in London and go up my self for some reason taking three Newfoundland dogs. They were meant to be puppies but were absolutely enormous but very sweet.
Then I got a big envelope from Aganzir which had lots of notes in tiny writing on slips of paper like post-it notes but not sticky which fell out , but the main thing was a calendar which I was a bit puzzled by because it was the one I had (in the dream) sent her for Christmas and I couldn't understand why she had sent it back to me but covered in notes (the calendar is real it is however the one my Australian cousin sends me!).

I didn't get a chance to read any of the messages because the phone was ringing again and the dogs were pulling me in the other direction. Then I woke up.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 03:41 PM   #1551
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Even in dreams me and Kath's planned meetings ends up as failures. . .it cannot be a good sign.

Old 04-23-2009, 03:46 PM   #1552
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post
Even in dreams me and Kath's planned meetings ends up as failures. . .it cannot be a good sign.
*blinks*

I read that as me and Kath's planned weddings....

Old 04-23-2009, 04:58 PM   #1553
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
I read that as me and Kath's planned weddings....
not such a rare occasion nowadays, is it?
Old 04-23-2009, 05:19 PM   #1554
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
not such a rare occasion nowadays, is it?
Aw, Steve, that's nice, but I'm not interested.

(Sorry. I know, I'm a horrible person. I just couldn't resist)

I had a Barrow Downs daydream today during class. Does that count?
Old 04-23-2009, 05:25 PM   #1555
Kent2010
Wight

Kent2010 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Then Kent2010 and a newbie whose name started with T began to flirt with her.
-Agan
I am curious to know how I appeared in your dream? What did I look like?

I must say though that is the first time I have ever been accused of flirting or at least to be so overt about it that everyone can tell.
Old 04-24-2009, 10:31 AM   #1556
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent2010 View Post
I am curious to know how I appeared in your dream? What did I look like?

I must say though that is the first time I have ever been accused of flirting or at least to be so overt about it that everyone can tell.
I don't remember. I can't even remember if I was there to witness it, or if I just learned you had done so, or if it happened on the forum.
And haha my subconscious is like that.

Anyway I have no idea how I've had this many BD dreams lately, but I had yet one last night. We were playing werewolf in person. It wasn't any BD get-together, the game just happened really. Kath and sally lived next door, and I lived with Nog. I was a wolf with Kath, and while everyone else was asleep, we rummaged through decks of playing cards and tried to find out who was the seer, wondering if it meant something that Nog (who was snoring loud in another room) had drawn the Narya icon on one of his cards.

Then about five other players (don't remember who) woke up and joined us for tea, and Kath and I tried to pretend it was by a mere chance that we were awake at 4am. Fortunately they didn't suspect anything and we got to continue killing later.

But it was cool to be a wolf. We were able to make enormous leaps.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:49 AM   #1557
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post
I don't think the dream lasted long enough for it to be classed as a failed meeting...certainly there hadn't been quite as many phonecalls as last time A good omen maybe that the day after I met a Newfie - not a regular occurence ...

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 12:20 PM   #1558
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I dreamt that I was studying in a Philippine Uni and doing some courses with Lhuna... don't remember much, except that she was funny and had a Romanian friend whose name she could not pronounce. Nilp also showed up at the campus, but he was just slacking around, and somehow I found out his e-mail address was ilovefinland@yahoo.com.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:48 PM   #1559
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

During my WW game I had an interesting dream.

I was a Werewolf and so was Greenie and we were plotting our kill. She suggested offing Lommy and Legate. (I have no idea why we were somehow able to kill two people in one night.)

However, I disagreed with her kill choice for personal reasons. "Lommy and Legate refused to be in my last Werewolf game. I think they don't like me very much. Killing them would just make things worse." I was feeling very blue indeed. What did I do to them? I'm always nice, aren't I?

Greenie patted me on the back and said, "Oh no, Phantom, you're being silly. Lommy and Legate love you. They really do."

"Really?" I asked, in need of more reassurance.

"Of course," said Greenie with an encouraging smile. "Besides, it's time for those two to go."

Now in real life that wouldn't have worked. Such a quick transition between "Aw, poor Phantom" and "We should kill them" would sound quite suspicious, and make her reassurances look very insincere indeed, but in the dream it worked just fine. Even looking back I'm not actually sure if she was meaning to lie to me or not. And I'm certain this has something to do with getting a dozen PMs or so from Nog which all contained some variation of "Greenie is sneaky" and "Greenie scares me".
Old 05-02-2009, 02:27 PM   #1560
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I had a rather scary and intriguing dream last night. (And one more 'downer got killed by subconscious. )

I was living together with Lari and Mira and some other girls, possibly Nienna, Fea, Brinn and/or Aganzir. We lived next to a graveyard where there were buried many people who had committed suicide. The graveyard depressed Lari a lot, and one day she just went there and did not return.

A bit later, I was walking past the graveyard and saw an old woman sitting there. I realised I had seen her there several times before, so I went to ask her what is she doing in the graveyard. "I'm looking for a spirit who took her own life because she could not bear the anguish of the dead anymore," the woman replied. "Lari," I said reflexively, realising she must have killed herself. The woman grinned maliciously. "Now I have a name to call her with and I can summon her!" she laughed. "Lari, I bid you to come." And Lari's ghost came. "Now, kill her," the woman commanded and pointed at me. Lari's face turned purple, because she did not want to kill me and she was trying to fight against the command. "You cannot command her for you don't know her full name!" I shouted at the woman, and then I turned to Lari and said: "Lariren Shadow, do not attack me!" And she didn't.

The old woman was very displeased by this, so she summoned the guardian of the graveyard, a warrior spirit from the Middle Ages. He was a huge man wielding a two-handed sword. Lari drew her sword too and they started fighting. Lari was losing, the man was stronger and more skilled, and the hem of her dress was so long that she kept almost tripping over it. "I'm sorry..." Lari cried while fighting. "I never was as good at sword fighting as Mira." She was parrying more and more weakly: the man had the high ground. I realised Lari could not last long unless she'd manage to get to the high ground. But as long as the man was aiming ferocious blows at her all the time, she had no way of doing anything else but parrying.

So, I had to interfere. Desperately, I drew my fruit knife with an extraordinarily short blade and started stabbing the man's thigh. He paid me hardly any attention, until he did what I wanted: tried to get rid of the nuisance and aimed a horrible strike at my direction. I knew all along I had no way of parrying it with the fruit knife, nor could I properly duck it. He hit me on my hip and there was a horrible wound. Before he could attack me again, Lari, who was now on the high ground and behind his back, started attacking him again and he had to face her. I continued hitting him with the fruit knife and finally, I had my knife at his throat. "Shall I kill him?" I asked.

"It is not fair if you kill him, it is not a fair duel if you interfere!" the old woman shouted. I shrugged. "I know... and I even couldn't kill him with this pitiful knife."

And then, I woke up. I never discovered how the fight ended, which is quite sad. However, I think the dream was rather cool (despite poor Lari committing suicide) and I especially like how it could be read as a reflection of one of my favourite scenes in LotR...

Last edited by Thinlómien; 05-02-2009 at 06:08 PM. Reason: typos