Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2003, 08:08 AM   #361
Arafangwen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: WtR: 413 miles/Floating happily across the floor in the arms of The Phantom.....
Arafangwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Arafangwen Send a message via AIM to Arafangwen
Silmaril

Arafangwen suddenly was awakened by two strong arms wrapping themselves around her and picking her up off the ground. "I must stay awake she told herself as she drifted back into slumber when she was gently layed down on a couch of some sort.
Old 05-02-2003, 08:11 AM   #362
Stryker Stormeye
Animated Skeleton

Stryker Stormeye has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Stryker jumped off of his Warg, pushing his long brown hair out of his grey eyes. How could he have forgotten that the Party started yesterday!

He strolled liesurely up the blood red carpet while the reporters that were still awake and sober enough to take pictures took them.

"Your weapons, Elf," the Uruk guard demanded.

"Picky, picky," Stryker complained, handing his elven daggers and long-bow to the guard.

"You're arrows too."

"Fine"

Using his elf eyesight, he scanned the room looking for his sister, Alasse. There she was following another elf. He walked towards her.
Old 05-02-2003, 08:16 AM   #363
Carrûn
Wight

Carrûn has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

A side door into the hall creaked open and a disheveled looking Awrygan shuffled in, still in his trademark black and black clothing. His walk in the Sun had been most uncomfortable, but one had to keep up an image. Eru, everything's swimming. His gaze was somewhat glassy as he gazed around the proceedings. The man wasn't kidding when he said that drink was a "knockout." He looked around for an open seat, and when he didn't find one, let himself slide down and sit against a wall.

He sat absentmindly playing with a knife for a few minutes, decided against it and put it away. Glancing over, he saw Narello grinning at him from the bar. How the boy had gotten served was beyond the man, and he shuddered slightly as the boy grinned at him, sending an involuntary pain through the man's shins.
Old 05-02-2003, 08:20 AM   #364
Lady Alasse
Wight

Lady Alasse has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Out of the corner of her eye Alasse saw someone coming towards her and Nuru.

"Stryker!" She exclaimed," Where have you been! I told you it started yesterday!"

"Sorry Alasse," The tall handsome elf apologized, "I completely forgot!"

"I guess I can forgive you this time, but this better not happen again!" she said as she turned to her new found friend Nuru, "Nuru, let me introduce you to my brother Stryker Stormeye."

"You can call me Stryker," her brother interupted, "It's a pleasure to meet you Nuru."
He teacheth my hands to war; so that a bow of steel is broken by my arms.-II Samuel 22:35
Old 05-02-2003, 08:23 AM   #365
Schmendrick
Wight

Schmendrick has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Isilmë had indeed been only hanging at the bar and wandering around the hall, while Annun had been away. She had been quite absent-minded for most of the night (almost like a sleepwalker, it seemed), but now she was feeling more and more herself again.

Well, the music's defintely better, but still not perfect",she thought to herself (since music was always the first thing she thought about).Maybe I should have brought some records with me?"

Or then again, maybe not. Her taste in music was almost as questionnable as her dress-taste (even some of the orcs had frowned at her sneakers!). But still, she couldn't help but think longingly about her respectable collection of Brit rock. Oh, what would she give to hear "Bigmouth strikes again" by the Smiths!

Isilmë ordered a coffee for a change and looked at the crowd. Now that Annun had left, she didn't really see anyone that she really knew. But wasn't that exactly the reason she had come to the party - to make some new friends? She ordered an Amaretto to accompany the coffee and wondered, if she could sum up the courage and go talk to the Saucepan Man, whose sense of humour she had always admired from afar. She would also have liked to have a word or two with The Phantom, but he seemed to have..well..vanished with the first light of dawn! But of course she was willing to talk (or dance!)with anybody who would be kind enough to pay attention to her...

[ May 02, 2003: Message edited by: Schmendrick ]

[ May 02, 2003: Message edited by: Schmendrick ]
Old 05-02-2003, 08:32 AM   #366
Belethfacwen
Pile O'Bones

Belethfacwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Belethfacwen
Sting

Beleth sipped on her drink. She was unaccustomed to cocktails and the like, but it was bearable. She felt almost like some peasant looking around the hall and seeing all of the finely dressed and intelligent-looking people. There were some amonst the crowd who she'd heard about, and would've liked to get a better look at, perhaps even a little word. But first, turning to the entranceway, she saw a familiar figure.

Glad that there was finally someone present who she was able to recognize and actually talk to, she picked her way among the crowd and over to Guo Si.

"Hi there, Guo. I see you've made it to the big party...quite grand, is it not?"

"Oh, indeed, it is," he replied, with the phony elvish accent that he'd taken to putting on when he knew people of importance were around. Beleth rolled her eyes.

"Everyone can tell that accent's faker-looking than my red hair, Guo. Why do you bother?" she mused aloud.
Old 05-02-2003, 08:33 AM   #367
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Frodo Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Frodo took his seat again with a blush that would shame the reddest sunburn.

"Sorry-I-I don't know what got into me." He spotted that Dragon for the first time "And the fool drunkards thought they were hallucinating, they just need to clear teir head and look with their eyes" he snorted.

Elrond calmly stirred his tea and said mostly to himself "Well, maybe someday they will learn. But people these days seem to learn so slowly."

"I don't recall the men of the old days of Middle-earth being fast learners when dealing with issues of right and wrong." Maggie quipped

"True, Laiqua Mire, very true." Elrond replied. Maggie then followed the hobbits over to the buffet table for second breakfast.
Old 05-02-2003, 08:41 AM   #368
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Sting

Frustrated by her attempt at a good time of her own making (was it just her or was the room a little empty?) Sophia wandered over toward the table where Fin had installed his latest victim. However when she arrived there she found a sight somehow not what she would have expected.

Nerindel stared at her as she walked over to the table. Fin's head had gone down on the table without warning, and the elf girl looked surprised, to say the least. Sophia gave her a quick smile. "He'll sleep it off, I suppose." she said. "I'm Sophia."

"Nerindel," the girl answered. Sophia picked up Fin's half finished wine glass and took a sip.

"Nice to meet you." she said.
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Old 05-02-2003, 08:41 AM   #369
Stryker Stormeye
Animated Skeleton

Sting

"Now if you'll excuse me, ladies, I haven't had any breakfast. Or dinner come to think of it," Stryker said.

Stryker walked towards the buffet. Ooh! he thought, Balrog wings. One of his favorites, even though they were cold. And some wild boar. He liked a good breakfast.

Scooping several of the wings onto his plate, he turned around, and nearly tripped over a small boy. Taking a closer look he realised it wasn't a boy, but one of the numerous hobbits.

"Hello there. I didn't see you," he apologized.

He walked to a table and sat down to eat his breakfast.
Old 05-02-2003, 09:02 AM   #370
One Axe to Rule them All
Wight

One Axe to Rule them All has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Suddenly awakening from his drug-induced slumber, Gimli looks about for that dastardly hippo.... Aha! there he is, sneaking off into the "other's room" quickly slipping his axe out from under his shirt, he charges after trippo yelling Baruk Khazad and quickly slices trippo's afro clean off of his head! we're even now, you hippo you and then returning to the table and asking arafangwen "What's going on?" she replied with a "i'm-afraid-to-tell-you-but-i'm-going-to-anyways" voice and said it's a long story but i'll try to make it short. trippo drugged you, more people showed up, the phantom had a buisness cal, you have drawings all over your face, i'm barely staying awake, everybody's suffering from you're spiking the punch, and....*Yawn* and... *Yawn* ahhhhhhhh *falls asleep again*

[ May 02, 2003: Message edited by: One Axe to Rule them All ]
Old 05-02-2003, 09:03 AM   #371
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Nerindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Sting

Nerindel smiled at the elf woman that now greeted her, "I thought I would be spending the morning alone with these to sleeping beauties" she laughed nudgeing her head gently in the direction of fin and Arafangwen.

Nerindel suddenly feeling a little hungary again asked Sophia if she cared to join her for breakfast, without waiting for her to answer she grabs a passing waiter buy the arm "Lembas and Miruvor if you please" she smiles " and for my friend ...." she polietly waits for Sophia to make an order.

[ May 04, 2003: Message edited by: Nerindel ]
Old 05-02-2003, 09:03 AM   #372
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Manardariel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

"Pearl!! We´re runnning late and it´s all your fault! Honestly, couldn´t you decide what to wear earlier!"

Manardariel was fourious. Here was Pearl Took, a hobbit girl of 18, who had taken EIGHT full hours to get ready for the party. Manardariel had only then noticed how late it was.

"Can you please move that pony??" she pleaded. "Why? We´re almost there. Look!" Pearl was right. They were already approaching the Great Hall of Mianas Anor. "Look again!" Pearl said, pointing to a big wooden sign saying "Stabels =>". They rode over, got off the horses and made sure they were ok, then walked over to the Red Carpet.

It was amazing. People were floking around, calling and cherering, making her feel like a real celebrity. She grinned, waved, and giggeled at Pearl who was throwing kisses into the crowed. A reporter thrust a microphone under her nose. "Hello" he said. "I´m here from METV. May I compliment you on your outfit? And I don´t think I´ve seen you here last year..." She stared at him. He was interviewing her??? Oh, fine, let´s give it a try my friend.

"I wasn´t hear last year, no. But I love it already! And thanks for the compliment... it´s from the GAP of Rohan." she answered, smiling. "Thank you." The reporter disappeared, leaving her dazzeled and quite amazed. She continued down the carpet, and caught up with Pearl who had also been interviewed. "This is great!" the lass exclaimed. "I mean, I´m on TV!!" Manardariel laughed.

They entered the building. A big orc came up to them. He asked them for their weapons. When they told him they weren´t carrying any, he showed them through another gate, into a big hall. It was beautifully decorated, with candels everywhere, a large buffet and long tableles. They walked in, looking around for people they knew. Pearl spotted Vivi Boldger and was gone in a snap. Sighing, Mnardariel looked around. She didn´t see anyone she knew, so she decided to just sit down somewhere. And so she did, looking around for someone to talk to.
Old 05-02-2003, 09:07 AM   #373
elven maiden Earwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

elven maiden Earwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to elven maiden Earwen
Sting

Talômi and Eärwen went to go get a drink.
"What would you like?"asked the bartender.
"I'll have a soda." Eärwen said.
"Here you go"
"Thank you".

Talômi and Eärwen talked as they drank. She looked around and noticed people she knew.
"Um I'm going to go talk to some of my friends" Eärwen said awkwardly.
"Ok" Talômi answered.
"Thanks, I'll see you later"

Eärwen walked over to where Sophia and Nerindel were.
"Hi everyone" Eärwen said brightly. She looked at the table and noticed Fin sleeping. She laughted quietly.
"So how do you like the party?" Eärwen asked as the music changed again. What is up with the music, she thought.
Old 05-02-2003, 09:12 AM   #374
Stryker Stormeye
Animated Skeleton

Sting

After finishing his Balrog wings, Stryker walked towards the new arivals.

"Hello, my name is Stryker Stormeye. What's yours?" he asked politely, "Oh, you don't have to call me by my full name. Stryker will be fine."
Old 05-02-2003, 09:19 AM   #375
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Sting

Sophia greeted Earwen with a smile. "I'll have scrambled eggs, thanks" she said to the waiting server.

Earwen gave the sleeping Fin a cheeky grin and asked them how they were enjoying the party. Sophia rubbed Fin's head (something she wouldn't have attempted had he been awake) until his dark hair stuck up wildly. The three girls laughed.

"It's been a great party..." Sophia looked around, "Kind of slow just now, though. Care for a little excitement? There must be something we can do to liven things up a bit." Her eyes searched the room for a likely victim.
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Old 05-02-2003, 09:27 AM   #376
Ainaserkewen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ainaserkewen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ainaserkewen
Sting

Ainaserkewen walked sleepily into the hall, fluffing up her dress and hair.
She had just arrived back to this party and looked around.
Not many people were here/awake. She noticed some dancing, some (still) drinking. And chatters everywhere. She tried to find Arafangwen. She found her sleeping on a couch, surrounded by lots of other "sleepies"
"Aragangwen, are you awake?" she hissed. She stired but didn't wake. Ainaserkewen sat down beside her and sighed.
Reesha had gone off searching again.

[ May 02, 2003: Message edited by: Ainaserkewen ]
chicken again tomorrow? Why am I
always eating chicken?
Old 05-02-2003, 09:35 AM   #377
Coriel
Pile O'Bones

Coriel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Coriel
Silmaril

Coriel walks shyly onto the red carpet and looks around. She is wearing a forest green dress with a relatively low bodice. She walks down the red carpet and walks past the guard trolls. She looks around for someone she recognizes and sees Ainaserkewen sitting on the floor. Coriel hurrys over and sits next to her. She shyly looks around and sees people from all over.
Old 05-02-2003, 09:39 AM   #378
Ainaserkewen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

"Hey Coriel, I wonder when you'd join us.." Ainaserkewen gave her old friend a tired smile.
"Arafangwen? Oh, she won't wake up." Then someone past them.
"Mondieu! That's him!"
"Who him" Asked Coriel.
"The mystery elf. Isn't he gorgeous."
"Yah, what's his name."
"Oh, I met him last night, right before I left, he wanted to see my dragon.
His name is Veanca."
"Wow, cool name."
"I know. He's a high elf of Rivendell. He came to meet someone. Should I go talk to him?"
"Go for it!"

always eating chicken?
Old 05-02-2003, 09:50 AM   #379
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
then Gil-Galad came in, knowing that he was late they still appauled him [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 05-02-2003, 10:11 AM   #380
Arwen Evenstar the Fair
Wight

Arwen Evenstar the Fair has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Arwen walked over to the table to talk with her father Elrond. She had not seen him all evening. Along the way she stopped at the bar, ordered some wine (her first glass of the night) and continued on her way.
She took a sip,
"Exellent stuff!"
she thought to herself.

"Good evening Lady Arwen!"
she heard someone call out to her.
Old 05-02-2003, 10:17 AM   #381
Stryker Stormeye
Animated Skeleton

Sting

"Some party, huh?" Stryker said, "Have you tried the Balrog wings yet? They're quite good."

[ May 02, 2003: Message edited by: Stryker Stormeye ]
Old 05-02-2003, 10:23 AM   #382
Airerûthiel
Wight

Airerûthiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Laitalathion had sneaked in, notoriously late. He had to creep through the crowds of people outside, clad in a black hooded cape and looking down at the red carpet. A rippling whisper travelled through the onlookers as he walked towards the door. The guards at the entrance made him feel sick with fear. He was terrified of walking in and then feeling a guard's hand on his shoulder. The expected monologue played in his head as he made his way to the seat he had been allocated.

"I know you! You were a soldier here once, weren't you? There was a Ranger of Ithilien back in the old times who looked like you. Théomer, that was his name - had two sons by some elven woman as I recall. Got accused of treason too; shame really, he was the decent sort. Hold on a minute - GUARDS! ARREST THIS TRAITOR!! NOW!!!"

Already he could feel the rope cutting into his wrists as his hands were bound. Sweat dripped down his forehead like a waterfall as he was forced to almost run ahead of the men who followed him with huge pikestaffs. And then there was the horrible, echoing bang of the cell door...

"Pay attention!" Unwittingly he had slammed into a very pretty young woman with dark hair and blue eyes. The way she carried herself told him she was a lady, but one who had seen terrible things in her short years. And was his imagination playing tricks on him, or did she have more than a slight touch of Elven blood about her? She looked familiar to him, although he had never met her in his life. And then it struck him - this was the mysterious girl from his dreams, the girl with his mother's eyes.

"I am deeply sorry, my lady," he said, bowing low. "Forgive me for asking so suddenly after my meeting you, but did you ever know of someone called Orowethwen of Mirkwood?"

The young woman nodded. "She was my mother's sister, who brought her two small sons to live in the house of my father Pennrod, close to the border with Rohan. Why do you ask this of me?"

"Because I am Orowethwen's son."

There was a moment of silence, and then the young woman gave a soft cry. Without warning she flung her arms around Laitalathion's neck in a warm embrace. "Cousin, my cousin!" she laughed through her tears of joy. "What has happened to you and your brother in all the long years we have been parted from each other?"

"You must make me the promise you will not hate me for what I did unknowingly." Bragolhirwen nodded, and Laitalathion continued. "I was forced to slay my brother - he was wandering alone in the borderlands of Gondor when I was in a scouting patrol. The officer made us go into hand-to-hand combat. I did not know who he was until I had killed him. Since then I have spent my time residing at the inn of the White Horse in Edoras. And what news of your life?"

"I have only had one adventure," replied Bragolhirwen. "It was in the caves of Cirith Ungol in Mordor, where my companions and I slew the great spider Shelob. Now I am roaming the lands of Middle-earth in the guise of a Ranger, trying to find another quest."

"Mayhap we shall journey together some day," said Laitlathion. "But for now, let us find our seats. I have missed a large portion of this presentation, but hopefully there are still some awards left to be collected."
Old 05-02-2003, 10:25 AM   #383
Arwen Evenstar the Fair
Wight

Arwen Evenstar the Fair has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Arwen smiled and answered,
"No, I have not had the chance yet, but I will certainly get some before the party is over. Are you enjoying yourself Stryker?"
Old 05-02-2003, 10:32 AM   #384
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Cami indeed might have heard Bethberry if she had been conscious. Unfortunately, having imbibed more than her fair share of daquiris as well as fighting off exhaustion from trying to hold the rude Wyrm in check, she had collapsed on the lawn and fallen asleep, even though it was only the middle of the morning.

She awoke briefly to hear a faint voice calling out to some person named "Child." Unfortunately, that had been a nickname associated with her youth, which she hadn't used for quite some time. So she'd pushed the little voice out of her head, cheerfully rolled over on the grass, and fallen back asleep. When she finally awoke an hour or two later, stretching and yawning and feeling guily for having overslept, she got up to search for Bethberry or Piosenniel. She found the two of them together on the grounds of the castle (or whatever this building was called).

As Cami approached, she could see Bethberry unsuccessfully attempting to put together a cheering squad. She had managed to corner Trippo the Hippo and persuade him to join in, but her other results were less successful. Most of their friends had collapsed on the floor, or wisely vanished from the site. "This is it then, Bethberry," Cami observed. "It's just the three of us."

Scowling with disappointment, Bethberry managed to hoist herself up on Trippo's shoulders. With an unusual show of deftness, Cami leaptto the upper tier and perched herself on Bethberry's back. Her little fingers clutched desperately at her friend's curls as she swayed precariously back and forth.

This arrangement lasted exactly one minute. Just as Cami gave a rousing rendition of "Give me a 'P'," she leaned too far in one direction, and their entire pyramid collapsed. Somehow, Bethberry ended up under Trippo's outstretched body, with Cami pulling on her left leg trying to pull her out.

With a scowl and a grimace, Coach Pio came running over to make sure that everyone was alright. "Alright. I've seen enough. Your playing has to be better than your cheering. Get out there now, or else!

The "or else" did not sound good to Cami, so she scrambled onto the field muttering a few choice words under her breath, making sure to pull Bethberry along behind her. Cami stopped to give a brief discourse on futball tactics to the Elf, then turned her attention fully on the game.

[ May 02, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 05-02-2003, 10:34 AM   #385
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

"He's nice," said Nuru, her eyes following Stryker after he had left. "I haven't seen him around the Barrow-Downs before, have I?" She took a deep breath and looked around the room. "I know Rie is around here somewhere. I saw her. I'd know her red hair anywhere."

"I also saw a woman with red hair, so it's unlikely you were mistaken," said Alasse with a reassuring smile.

"Thank you," said Nuru. "I'm also looking for a little hobbit girl called Donnamira, though she won't be here for a while yet." She drew in another deep breath, preparing herself for the challenge of shoving through the crowd once more. "Let's keep looking, shall we?"
Old 05-02-2003, 10:44 AM   #386
*Varda*
Maiden of Tears

*Varda* has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to *Varda*
Sting

“Daerohil!” Poppy smiled. “It’s been a while!” She accepted the bouquet of daffodils that the wispy form in front of her held out, tucking one in her hair, while listening to the beautiful sound of Kenelm’s harp playing floating through the hall.

“And no, I have no pony for you to tend to. Riding is still one of those things I have yet to learn to do. It’s all I can do to get on a horse as it is!” Laughing together, they headed off in the direction of the balrog wings.

“This party has really livened up in the past few hours, it’s all a hobbit like me can do to keep up with the pace,” she chattered away, brown curls tossing madly as she looked about the hall, small beside all the elegant elves and humans. “So, tell me, how are you? Have you seen anyone else around?”
Old 05-02-2003, 10:44 AM   #387
Firondoiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Firondoiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Firondoiel finally awoke from her long slumber. She got up off the sofa in the powder room and studied her reflection in the mirror. She fluffed her hair and smoothed her dress. Until at last she was satisfied with her appearance. She left the powder room and started down the hall back towards the party. I wonder if The Phantom will be back yet. He owes me a dance. She thought with a dreamy smile.

She a handsome elf walked past her and politely nodded. She smiled and nodded back and looked ahead to see Ainaserkewen walking towards her. "Hello," Firondoiel greeted. "How are you?"

"A little tired." Ainaserkewen replied keeping her eyes on the retreating form of "Mr.Handsome" Firondoiel followed Ainaserkewen's gaze. "Oh." She said, then turned and nudged Ainaserkewen. "Go get him!" She said with a grin. Ainaserkewen returned the smile then hurriedly followed the elf.

Firondoiel continued on her way. Up ahead she saw Arafangwen sleeping on a couch. She walked up to her and gently shook her. "Arafangwen? Wake up!" Arafangwen turned away from Firondoiel's hand and murmured "Phantom" with a dreamy smile. Firondoiel froze as a stab of jealously ran through her heart. She quickly stood and raced towards the party.

[ May 02, 2003: Message edited by: Firondoiel ]
"Forth, and fear no darkness. Arise. Arise, Riders of Théoden. Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered. A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride! Ride for ruin and the world's ending!"
Old 05-02-2003, 10:46 AM   #388
Stryker Stormeye
Animated Skeleton

Sting

"Yes, though things are going a bit slow right now," Stryker replied, "I somehow forgot that the party started yesterday, so I came a whole day late!"
Old 05-02-2003, 10:50 AM   #389
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

Aman was having a whirl of a time at the party, after a little trouble with the uruk at the door. He had insisted on having her weapons- all of them. Aman had relinquished the pair of golden sais which she held strapped to her wrist- hey, they didnt go with her outfit anyway- and had once more tried to go through. When it beeped again, she had blamed it innocently on her necklace. The uruk hadnt seemed to notice the fact that it wouldnt actually have gone off in this instance, so Aman, and her dirk, safely strapped to her thigh as it was, were free to go through.

Now the elf had wandered away from Anuion for a while, and was skirting the edges of the party, observing the many downers. The party wasnt too out of hand yet, but then the wargs hadnt gained entrance....yet...

Her thoughts were distracted as she looked up to the sound of a voice nearby.

"People don't respect me because of you, in fact when most people mention or here about the name Mattius they think of a STUPID DANCING YELLOW CHICKEN!!!"

She smiled slightly. Ah, so Mattius and the chicken werent completely in accord....
Old 05-02-2003, 11:04 AM   #390
Firondoiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Firondoiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Firondoiel entered the party and quickly spotted Gimli and Trippo sitting at their table. As she walked over to them she noticed Trippo was missing something. "What happened to your afro?" she asked. Trippo gave a sheepish smile and pointed at Gimli who was proudly fingering his axe. "Oh." She said getting the picture.

Firondoiel sat down feeling upset about her encounter with Arafangwen. A waiter walked over to her. "Here miss you look like you could use this." He handed her a drink. "No thank you. I don't drink." she replied. The waiter shrugged and left. Firondoiel put her head in her heads and sighed.

[ May 02, 2003: Message edited by: Firondoiel ]
"Forth, and fear no darkness. Arise. Arise, Riders of Théoden. Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered. A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride! Ride for ruin and the world's ending!"
Old 05-02-2003, 11:07 AM   #391
the real findorfin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

the real findorfin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to the real findorfin Send a message via AIM to the real findorfin
Sting

Fin groaned, rose from the table and paused. Something wasnt right. He did his mental checks, his clothes were still on, his breath was ok....his hair....ahhhh...his HAIR.

He jumped up and ran to the Mens(male elves/dwarves and other creatures) toilets and frantically combed it down with water from the basin.

Minutes later he returned to the table where he had woken, to find Sophia and Nerindel trying not to laugh.

"Damn you!" he said smirking, he couldn't help himself. "It was you Sophia, I know it was!"

The two ladies burst out laughing and seconds later Fin joined them. "Seeing as it is the morning, would you care to dance again?" he asked Sophia. "And Nerindel, would you like to dance after?"

The flirtatious elf, who now felt a lot more sober, awaited their replies.
Old 05-02-2003, 11:16 AM   #392
Ainaserkewen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

"Hello." Ainaserkewen stopped the elf.
"Hello, uh, Ainaserkewen right?"
She nodded. "Veanca."
"Yes." he answered. The were in front of the bar.
"Can I get you a drink?" he asked her politely.
"No thank you, but those chocolate cherries look inviting. Would you pass me them please."
"I havn't seen you around before." She said to him.
"I was hired as a server, but with the party slow right now, I'm on a well earned break."
She nodded.
"Are you a member?" he asked, after a silence.
"Yes, a wight actually."
Their conversation drifted on, but mostly talking about their lives and families, boring stuff.
"I uh, saw you were talking to Reesha last night." Ainaserkewen said as tacfully as possible.
"A friend of yours? Said she wanted to interview some famous members. But I don't have a clue who that is."
Ainaserkewen laughed.
"She told me earlyer that she's looking for Child of the 7th age at the moment, look there she goes." They both laughed.
This elf, who had a deep smooth voice, had blond hair that hung very straight down his back, he was wearing all black(as were all the severs) but his eyes were almost the same color as her own. She looked deeply into them when they talked.
"Would you like to go sit down?" Asked Veanca. He motioned to the little love seat next to the couch where Arafangwen was still sleeping.
"Okay."
When they did, their conversation deepened to their feelings and hopes.
"So you're a priestess?"
"Yes."
"And a prophet?"
"Yes but only when I want to be. My gift is to help the elves of Arda, but I don't think that is needed here." She looked around at the very peaceful looking elves she did see, plus the men, the dwarf and hobbits, who were enjoying themselves somehow, either sleeping or awake.
Aranfangwen rolled over and muttered something.
"She had a tough night last night." Said Veanca. "Dancing with that phantom."
"Oh did she?" laughed Ainaserkewen. She leaned into Veanca for warmth, because it was getting colder in the room. Minutes later, Veanca got up to get the chocolate covered cherries and brought them back to Ainaserkewen.
"Shame they don't have strawberries. They're my favorite." He said.
"Mine too." she said.

always eating chicken?
Old 05-02-2003, 11:21 AM   #393
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

The game was a close one – 2 to 2 in the last few minutes of the second half. The Man, that’s how she thought of him since she had not bothered to ask his name, proved an adequate tactician, despite the fact his actual skills were a bit rusty. He relied on the brute power of his Uruk team to crush any opposition as they drove to the goal.

What he hadn’t counted on was the speed and agility of the Hobbit dance ensemble. Their collective footwork was brilliant, their teamwork superb. Added to that was the admirable work of the Wargs who worked as a precision unit in the goalie position. The Man groused about this unfair number of net defenders, but recanted his criticism upon being silently encircled by the three, their lips curled up in wolfish smiles. Instead, he drafted two Orcs to assist the lumbering Uruk.

It was a bad choice on his part. It cost him the game. The three jockeyed for position round the small goal perimeter and the inevitable fight broke out, as the Uruk sought to maintain his birthright superiority over his lesser brothers.

Play stopped, as team-mates joined in the fray – Uruk against Orc. The ball, now completely forgotten in the general ruckus, was quickly secured by two Hobbits. ‘Just run a few short drills to keep it moving, mates,’ Pio called out to them, as she waved Bethberry and Child over. ‘Either of you two ever played soccer? She motioned to one her teammates to pass the ball to her, stopping it dead with her foot. She nodded toward the opponent’s goal, asking them if they’d like to kick the scoring point.

The melee at the Man’s goal continued, as Bethberry and Child both denied any physical knowledge of soccer technique, but Child reached into her requisite leather pouch and pulled out an interesting treatise on the 'Dynamics of the Free Kick'. The two poured over it, discussing it in as much detail as one can beneath flickering torchlights on a dark night in Gondor.

‘I believe we have the gist of it now, Piosenniel,’ the two shield-maidens of the soccer field cried in unison. ‘Set us up!’

Pio ran the ball down the field passing back and forth to one of the dancers. Bethberry and Child followed closely. At a signal from the Elf, the two got into position. Pio passed the ball to Bethberry, who in turn passed it to Child. As one born to the art of futbol, Child stopped the orb dead with her foot and got into position. Her right leg swung out to the side and the inside edge of her large, hairy foot struck the ball brilliantly.

Too late the three bruised goalies saw the deadly arc of her foot, as Pio’s clear voice rang out across the field.

‘That’s it, mate! Bend it like Beckham!’

The final score was 3 to 2. The opposing team stood about in a daze, hands on hips, looking dejected. Pio clapped the Man on the back. ‘Better luck next year. Gather your team, I’ll treat them to some drinks.’

Pio smiled as she sent Azhnog in through the delivery door to bring out three barrels of the Green Isle’s finest. The pockets of the Innkeeper were deep, he wouldn’t miss them. The Uruks made themselves useful punching out the tops of each cask and handing round full mugs of the dark, foaming brew.

She looked round the muddied, mucked up field that had once been part of the Hall's manicured landscape. The thought of what Mithadan might make of this carnage crossed her mind briefly, but she shrugged it off knowing he would come up with some way to mediate any ensuing conflict with the King.

‘Drink up! There’s a full day ahead of us still. Plenty of time to get in trouble.’

Pio fingered the round, glowing red bauble that hung on a slender cord about her neck, a souvenir from Cormallen just one short year ago . . .
Old 05-02-2003, 11:30 AM   #394
Cuthalion
Summoner's Soul Mate

Cuthalion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Cuthalion
Sting

As all and sundry, in this case the sundry being Anuion, talked, flirted, ate and in general enjoyed themselves thoroughly, Cuthalion walked over to the DJ and whispered in his ear, then took Maika's hand and led her to the dance floor. As the opening bars of "Lady in Red" came to her ears, her eyes widened and she melted into his arms. "Thank you for noticing!" she said as she snuggled closer. "How could I not, m'lady?" He held her close as they danced slowly, not caring for anything else but this moment. She pulled back to look up into his eyes and she smiled radiantly. He kissed her brow softly. "I love you..." he whispered as the song ended. The music continued, but they no longer cared as they left the dance floor arm-in-arm...

[ May 02, 2003: Message edited by: Cuthalion ]
Old 05-02-2003, 11:38 AM   #395
Orual
Speaker of the Dead

Orual has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Talômi sighed as Eärwen drifted off, leaning against the wall with his soda in his hand. A pleasant girl and a pleasant dance. Too bad it hadn't lasted longer.

He walked around the edge of the dance floor for a little while, finishing is drink and looking for a new partner. He had spent most of his time at the Green Dragon looking for Rie, so he had not had the chance to meet many people, but he planned to remedy that here.

Rie did not seem to be having that problem. She was flitting here and there, chatting with people she knew and introducing herself to their companions. It was likely that nobody else noticed, but Talômi could tell that she had only half her mind on the task at hand. She had not yet found Nurumaiel. Well, she would find her on her own eventually. She didn't need his help.

He was on his way to refill his drink when a young woman caught his eye. Like Eärwen her hair was dark, but she wore a blue dress, and...sneakers. Talômi grinned. He had a feeling he would like this young lady.

Walking up to her, his grin did not slip. "Good morning, my lady," he said. Suddenly he wished that name tags had been provided at the party. He had not overheard anyone using the woman's name. "My name is Talômi. Do you mind if I sit with you for a moment?"

Rie smiled and waved good-bye as she left yet another table, then frowned as soon as she turned her back. Where was that Nurumaiel? She hadn't seen a trace of Don, either. She pursed her lips in frustration.

She was just about to go and get something to drink when she saw a pair of familiar blue eyes. With a little shriek that undoubtedly went unheard above the din, she raced over and threw her arms around Nuru. "I've been looking all over for you!" she said. "Talômi and I came late. Is Don here? I've been looking for both of you." She went on to babble a bit about the party, the drinks, the dancing, and the music, before she finally realized that Nuru was not alone. "Oh! Excuse me, I've forgotten my manners! I'm Talmérië, but you can call me Rie." She tucked a loose lock of red hair behind her ear, and smiled as she waited for a return introduction.
Old 05-02-2003, 11:46 AM   #396
ElentariGreenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

ElentariGreenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

A white horse rode swiftly to the entrance. It holted, and stood in its magnificance. She and her rider looked in amazement at the red carpet, dancers, and many drunk people. Elentari, as she unmounted, wondered what all the strange things were.

"Have you got any weapons?" said a gruff voice.

Elentari jumped. She looked at the strange creature beside her - she had never seen an Uruk. "I have a sword. I will part with it, but you must keep an eye on it. And no one is to touch it!"

The Uruk sighed as he took the weapon a placed it where the Elf could see it. She was not the only one who feared their weapon being stolen.

Elentari strode down the red carpet, seemingly ignoring the cameras watching her. She, in fact, trying to find someone in the crowd she recognised.

"Thoriel!" she said the Mirkwood Elf. She watched in amazment as she saw her friend stumble as she walked over. "Thoriel, have you got yourself drunk?"

"No *hic*," was all Thoriel could reply.

Elentari rolled her eyes and followed Thoriel around, hoping to find someone to talk to, who wasn't drunk. By but the looks of things that would be very hard.
Old 05-02-2003, 11:52 AM   #397
Lady Alasse
Wight

Lady Alasse has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"My name is Alasse," Alasse said, "Have you tried the Balrog wings yet?"
He teacheth my hands to war; so that a bow of steel is broken by my arms.-II Samuel 22:35
Old 05-02-2003, 11:53 AM   #398
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Nerindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Sting

While Fin was at the mens room the three women agreed that they would play Fin at his own game and see how many young men they could get to dance with them on this fine day.Quick, he's comeing back Sophia giggled.
---------------------------------------------
Nerindel was still laughing hard, so she simply nodded her agreement to Fin's request. Just then the waiter returned with their breakfast the smell of Sophia's eggs wafting across the table "ah your other friend is awake now, would you like anything sir" the waiter waited patiently for fin to reply.

Nerindel looked at Sophia in their mirth they had totally forgotten about breakfast, they both burst out laughing again. the waiter then noticing Earwen, politely he asks her if she too would like anything.
Nerindel sat nibbling on her Lembas and sipping at her Miruvor, smiling happily at her new friends.

[ May 04, 2003: Message edited by: Nerindel ]
Old 05-02-2003, 11:54 AM   #399
Ainaserkewen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

"And that's why I can predict the future."
"That's very cool." said Veanca. "Cherry?"
"Thank you. My goodness it's quiet in here."
"Yah, it's like everyones either sleeping, drunk or falling in love." Veanca laughed.
"And which one am I?" Ainaserkewen asked. She looked into his eyes, her reflection was misty.
The room was freezing cold, but they didn't feel it. Veanca's arm was tightly wrapped around Ainaserkewen, who was leaning on him.
While looking into his eyes, she noticed something, his lip was twitching. How odd.
She giggled.
"What?" He asked quietly.
"Your lip is twitching." she answered.
"It does that, but there's only one way to cure it."
"Really, how's..." but she was cut off by Veanca's soft kiss.
When they broke apart, all either of them could say was...
"Happy Birthday Barrowdowns."
always eating chicken?
Old 05-02-2003, 11:59 AM   #400
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Helkahothion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Helkahothion Send a message via AIM to Helkahothion
Eye

Anuion saw Aman smiling at the debate that ehm, what's his name? With the dancing chicken, ahw well, you know who I mean. He melted at the smile. She really was beautiful. Counting his luck he strolled around the party floor. He caught a glance of Cuthalion and Maika dancing to the lady in red. If there was a Downie for the nicest love couple they surely deserved it. He saw them kiss and smiled. That old dog!

Anuion scrawled over to the buffet table and was happily surprised to see Rytien. She was pondering whether she should take a bite out of her Dragon steak. Anuion walked over to her and grabbed a plate. He took some dragon stake himself and sat himself down on the opposite side of the table. He smiled at her and took a bite of his own steak.

"It's quite nice Rytien. You for one would definitely like it."

Rytien looked up from her stake and greeted Anuion. She had a little look of disappointment on her face. Anuion guessed it was due to the fact that she had to turn in her weapons.
Anuion had been informed of this policy and did not brought his sword and bow. His dagger however, was tightly strapped near his groin. No matter how disgusting those Uruk-Hai's where, they never checked out that part. It was a good thing that Aman was checked so thoroughly. Anuion had given another dagger to the Uruk-Hai as a diversion. When the beeper went of again he just showed his ring and headband. The Uruk-Hai let him pass. So Anuion sat there with his dagger. He had strapped it loose and it now hung on his chest, covered by his clothes.

Anuion lowered his head so that it was really close to Rytien's. She did the same, not knowing why.

"Listen, you see that shed where Bethberry is standing. It contains fireworks. How about you and I nick some arrows and really "lighten up" this party?" Anuion whispered.

"Are you flying mad Anuion? Even Helka would not do a stupid thing like that. Well, maybe he would, but he is a moron from time to time. Beth would see us coming together and immediately see trough us. It is a little obvious wouldn't you say?"

"Don't worry about Beth. Ill go first and do it a little TOO obvious. She will definitely catch me. When she does, I will try to talk my way out of it and buy you enough time to get in and nick a few arrows. What do you say, are you in?"