Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Pipe An Adventure of Hobbit Proportions Discussion Thread

Valier and littlemanpoet invite you to play in their game:

An Adventure of Hobbit Proportions

-----------------------------------------------------

CHANGES IN RPG FACILITATORS

#1 (as of 09/08/2008):

Gwathagor is now the main facilitator for this game with Kitanna as his back-up facilitator

---------------

#2 (as of 10/09/2009):

Valier and Kitanna are now co-facilitators

---------------

Last edited by piosenniel; 10-10-2009 at 01:40 PM.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:20 PM   #2
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Basic Storyline: An adventurous young Hobbit lass decides to go on an adventure to search for the Entwives she has heard of in stories. She enlists the help of a varied group of hobbits. They have many surprises as they travel; they also socialize and form relationships and friendships along the way. They travel by foot to the bottom of the Hills of Evendum in search of the Entwives.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:21 PM   #3
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

The purpose of this story is to: travel to the North Moors and find the (a) Entwives/ Entwife

This means we know the story is over when: The Entwives are either found or they are nowhere to be found and they adventurers return home.

Starting location: Buckland

Likely destination: Hills of Evendim/ The North Moors
Old 10-18-2007, 03:21 PM   #4
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Timeframes:

This game takes place in the year 125 Fourth Age or the year 1547 SR (Shire Reckoning) - 6 years after King Elessar passed and Gimili and Legolas set sail.

The storyline itself or plot covers about 3 weeks

This game requires a time commitment of 3 months from me, the game owner and from the major players

Last edited by piosenniel; 10-23-2007 at 10:23 AM.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:22 PM   #5
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

PLAYERS/CHARACTERS LIST:

01.) ValierBella (Bunny) Took - 30 y/o

02.) Thinlómien - Tansy Bogsworth - 44 y/o

03.) Boromir88Rufus (Rudy) Hilldweller - 38 y/o

04.) Finduilas - Mira Hilldweller - 20 y/o (NO LONGER PLAYING)

05.) Gwathagor - Browning (Brown) Barrabury - 37 y/o

06.) Kitanna - Peony Chubb - 35 y/o

07.) Legate of Amon Lanc - Michael (Mishka) Smallburrow - 28 y/o

08.) littlemanpoet - Hugo Chubb - 100 y/o (NO LONGER PLAYING - character deceased)

09.) Sephiroth - Foldo Grubb 32 y/o (NO LONGER PLAYING)

10.) Iras Sabir - Elizabeth (Lizzy) Smallburrow - 42 y/o (NO LONGER PLAYING)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Character types which would NOT belong: Anything other than Hobbits

Last edited by piosenniel; 09-08-2008 at 01:59 PM.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:24 PM   #6
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Valier’s character:

Name: Bella (Bunny) Took

Race: Hobbit

Weapons: A small wooden bow with 20 small feathered arrows and leather quill.

Appearance:

Bunny is 2'4 and slightly chubby. She has long, curly, unruly, bushy dark brown almost black hair, which she hardly ever wears up. She has bright, sharp, startling dark liquid eyes. Her features are quite dainty, and her cheeks always scarlet, which embarrassed her as a youth. Bunny has always dressed in very unHobbitish coloured dresses, preferring Blues and Purples to the very popular green and yellow of daily Hobbit wear. She always wore a dress, no matter what she was doing, from domestic duties to Romping over the Shire. Her Ma always insisted that she be lady- like and this was the only thing in which Bunny still obeyed her Ma on. Her Ma was always saying things like "Bunny dear mind your manners or try not to chatter too much or don't spill anything..."

Personality/Strength/Weaknesses:

Bunny is an exuberant, joyous young Hobbit. She has been known to talk a mile a minute and usually about things others could care less about. She is very outspoken and forward which sometimes makes others uncomfortable. She is considerate of others though, wanting everyone around her to have a good time. She has a bit of a mischievous streak to her and enjoys a little practical joke every once and awhile. Very loyal to her family and friends. She is proficient at most Hobbit activities including cooking (and eating of course) She does not fear water and enjoys wading in up to her waist. She was good with her hands and could start a fire quickly and have food and tea prepared in no time( with minimal burns) when needed. She is very intelligent and enjoys problem solving. She was taught her letters and could read very well and enjoyed reading and telling stories with her Pa. Bunny tends to be a little bit of a daydreamer, which people take as her being flighty. She is extremely clumsy at times due mostly to being preoccupied with something else. She has a fear of heights, which she does not do a good job of hiding.

History:

Bunny is the youngest of four children born to BellaDonna Bracegirdle and Borgo Took. She has 3 brothers Peter at age 58, Hank at age 46 and Henry at age 40. Her family is very overprotective of her, always treating her as a child and nicknaming her Bunny at a small age. Her family is all farmers, raising chickens and pigs and growing vegetables in an impressive garden. All three of her brothers had married respectable and admirable Hobbits and moved to live with their wives. Only her brother Peter still lived close with his wife Balinda, in a hole not too far from their own. Her Ma taught her all the things useful to a Hobbit Lass, like cooking and sewing. She learned writing and archery and farming from her father. Her Ma was constantly correcting Bunny's posture or the condition of her dress. She was the only daughter and she had best be as presentable as possible. Bunny was hardly ever allow to tag along with her brothers, when they did fun un-girlish things. She was always left behind with a book or just her imagination to keep her company.

--------------

Valier’s post – FIRST FOR GAME:

The bright afternoon sun beat down upon the young girl’s face, she stifled a yawn and opened her eyes. She lazily watched as clouds slowly drifted by, it was a beautiful spring day in the Shire. A little breeze blew a curly tendril of hair across her face, she made no move to remove it, she sighed and closed her eyes again. "Bunny? Bunny! where have you got to?" The young Hobbit lass sighed again and rolled over trying to hide herself further in the lush green grass. "Bunny Took, you get in here this moment!" she bellowed. " I need you to come set the table. Okay Okay Ma I'm comin' " Bunny protested loudly. She yawned and stretched, smoothed her dress and headed back towards her awaiting Ma.

I told you not to go anywhere, I need your help." "But Ma settin' the table only takes a few seconds and well, it's such a lovely day......and." "And nothing Bunny, just look at the condition of your dress, all covered in grass stains." Belladonna gave a little kicking motion towards her daughter and ushering her inside. "you know your Pa will be home soon and you know how he gets if there isn't food on the table." Bunny stuck out her tongue and made a face hoping her Ma wouldn't see it, which of course she did. "Oh Bunny how unladylike! Now hop to it!" Bunny began to set out the plates and teacups, dropping utensils as she went, her Ma hummed a tune as she stirred a pot on the small fire. Finding this task extremely boring, Bunny began to make a little hill out of sugar on a small side plate she had just set down. Completely engrossed with her little hill, she added more and more until it began to spill onto the freshly washed and set table. " Her Ma's tune stopped short "Oh Bunny look what you've done, why oh why do you insist on doing things like that?" She gave her daughter a stern look as she stared back unabashed. I'll clean up here you go and fetch a few eggs from Old Hazel, she should have a few by now. Bunny shrugged, tossed her hair and skipped out the door. " When will that girl ever get her head outta the clouds....she shook her head and began to wipe the mound of sugar from the table. As Bunny fetched a basket from beside the little bench outside the door her Pa came up the steps dirty and tired from working in the field. She stopped to kiss his dirt streaked cheek then gave a little wave and continued towards the chicken coop.

The coop was dimly lit, but Bunny knew where the old hen Hazel say. She quietly approached the dark corner. " Ok Hazel...You don't like me and I don't like you, but Mama needs some eggs." The hen clucked and looked like she was about to lift off her eggs. Bunny made a quick lunge towards the eggs, but Hazel had other plans. She reached out and seized Bunny's out stretched fingers in her sharp beak, breaking the skin. " Ouch you ol' cow! Git over!" she shoved the hen and pulled three warm eggs from the nest and put them gently into the basket.She eyed the fluster hen once more then shut the door. Storming into the house sucking her injured fingers, Bunny's lightly hairy foot tripped over the mat in the hall and sent her sprawling onto the floor. She just barely caught the basket of hard fought eggs with her fingertips. " Bunny dear are you alright?" Bunny smiled and nodded, she scrambled to her feet and joined her parents at the table.

“You really must do something with that old cow, she bit me again." "Old cow?.... Oh Hazel, yes she really is a nasty Ol' piece of work, isn't she." "Yes she is and I swear she's got it out for me." “Bella don't talk with your mouth full" Pa said as he buttered his bread. He was the only one who called her Bella and she loved him all the more for it. " So I hear you want to take a trip to Buckland?" He said, putting the now fried egg onto his bread. "When did you want me to take you? Or I guess Peter could take you." “Pa I know I act a little silly at times, but I am almost of age, You know I can handle myself, and I know the way." Yes Bella" He said as he reached for her hand," I know that you are not always so silly." Her Ma frowned and began to protest. "Now BellaDonna, she is old enough and she does know the way. How long shall you be gone and who shall you stay with?" " well not long I suppose perhaps a week? And I shall stay with that lovely hobbit Tansy, the one who tells the most intriguing stories. I'll be back before you know it." “Well I still think there is no reason to go by yourself" exclaimed Belladonna. “Well Love" her pa said lovingly to his wife, "She won't be a little lass forever." Bunny grinned as honey slipped down her chin.

Lying in her bed with the lamp blown out that night, Bunny went over her plans in her head." Ok so I head to Buckland, find Tansy and try to convince her to come with me, I am sure she will. She should hopefully be able to help with getting us more supplies and more food, if I take too much from here they will know I plan to be gone more than a week and they'll question my going. I have a map of the Shire from one of Pa's books, I have a coil of rope, cooking gear... boy will Ma kill me when she finds out their gone. I must take my bow with me just in case. I can hide it in my travelling cloak and stash it before I go. Then after we top off our supplies... We're Off!!! to adventure and to make the search I have always dreamt of taking. To find the Female treeherders. To find the Entwives, if there is any. She had heard many stories of the Master Peregrin Took and his friend Meriadoc Brandybuck, who had met the great Treeherders the Ents and had talked to the great treebeard who told them of the Entwives and their long search for them. They would like the Shire he said and Bunny was sure they would too. She had heard rumors of a Treeman long ago being seen in the North Moors, and that was where she was headed. She would see for herself if they were there or not... Or if they had indeed vanished from this world.With her mind still racing she lay awake, far into the night. The next day would be the beginning of Bunny Tooks greatest adventure.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:42 PM   #7
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I have a name. Hugo Chubb, born in 1447. How about he and his wife, Ruby Gamgee (youngest daughter of Samwise & Rose Cotton), 11 years his senior, had many children, two of whom were Rosemary Chubb (1474 - 1527), and Sancho Chubb (1480 - 1534). Ruby Chubb has past on a few years ago, leaving Hugo rather lonesome, having lost a wife, a son, and a daughter, and so he makes the most of his grandkids, including Rufus, Mira, and Peony.

I'm hoping for a grandfatherly role. Storyteller, good for a joke, jolly, amiable, along for the ride. "Somethin' I've always wanted to do but could never find the way." Always trying to smoke a pipe, is miserable at it - most unhobbitlike! Typically bears tobacco stains and black scuffs on his chin, cheeks, and hands. Can't keep the durn thing lit. But can't give it up either. Spits more than he'd like to admit for always getting a bad taste in his mouth from the Old Toby. Likes his ale very much as a way to get the bad taste out of his mouth. Doesn't try to be comical but can't really help it. Okay, there's a start.

Thoughts?

Sorry this is so slow abuilding, but I'm just not finding the time to put it all together really quickly.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:53 PM   #8
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
This is great; it even provides us with a character that has a closer proximity to the Ent stories, since Sam would doubtless have told them often.
Old 10-25-2007, 05:56 PM   #9
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
littlemanpoet’s character

NAME: Hugo Chubb

RACE: Hobbit

WEAPONS: Pipe, walking stick, and a spanking new corn cob pipe.

APPEARANCE: Thick gray hair, though thinning on top. Eyes are blue-green, a little milky with age. His face is not much wrinkled, for he like any sensible hobbit has stayed in love with his vittles. His cheeks are red as apples and are quite as round as apples when he smiles. He tends to have black soot smudges on his hands, fingers, and face from his pipe. He is 3'6", which is not as tall as he once was, having reached a height of 3'9" in his hayday. He wears a maroon waistcoat complete with gold pocket watch inherited from his father, Hillebrand (Hilly) Chubb. His shirt is yellow and his trousers are green.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Hugo has a weakness for Old Toby, and has been trying to smoke a pipe ever since he turned 20 ... with no success. He can't keep the thing lit. He hates bitter juice that collects in the stem after a good try at a puff but he just can't give it up. He is quite serious about his pipe smoking, and can't make sense of why everyone else thinks it funny. Other than in matters of the pipe, he is a jolly old soul, given to laughter, likes a good story especially when well told, and is good for a joke; even at his own expense. He has had his share of tragedy, having lost his son Sancho thirteen years ago, and his daughter Rosemary twenty years ago, and his wife, Ruby Gamgee, just ten years ago. Since then he has doted much on his grandkin, not playing favorites but delighting in the particularities of each one.

HISTORY: Born in 1447, Hugo Chubb led a typical hobbitish life as a drover. By this means he got to see much of the Shire, satisfying his mild wanderlust while having a secure home base to return to in Frogmorton. There were always many goods to be carted from one place to another, and lots of interesting talk to be had along the way, not to mention many good alehouses along the way where Hugo Chubb became known and liked by most every goodhobbit. It was as a successful drover, passing through Hobbiton, that he caught sight of the beatiful blonde haired Ruby Gamgee, still unmarried and out of her tweens, youngest daughter of the Mayor himself. Two good families were joined, and the issue therefrom were many and healthy: eight in all. Six survived into the year 1547, taking up their lives in various farthings of the Shire. It was the deaths of his son and daughter before their time, and the death of his wife (11 years his senior) that turned him a bit wistful - melancholy, some call it. So for the last ten years he has been wandering from son to daughter to son as the whim took him, and thus kept up with his grandkin whom he befriended, in spite of them laughing at his pipe.

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 10-26-2007 at 08:55 PM.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:30 PM   #10
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Thumbs up

So, here's the final roster of gamers:

PLAYERS/CHARACTERS LIST

1.) ValierBella (Bunny) Took

2.) Thinlómien - Tansy Bogsworth

3.) Boromir88Rufus (Rudy) Hilldweller

4.) Finduilas - Mira Hilldweller

5.) Gwathagor - Browning (Brown) Barrabury

6.) Kitanna - Peony Chubb

7.) Legate of Amon Lanc - Michael (Mishka) Smallburrow

8.) littlemanpoet - Hugo Chubb

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

During the game, you can always access the Character Bios through Post #5 on this thread.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:34 PM   #11
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Hurrah! When can we start?
Old 10-26-2007, 09:55 AM   #12
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Thumbs up

Great to see all the Bios done. I was thinking of how we should have the first posts ordered.....I think myself and Tansy should be first so that we meet and start to get ready to leave, then I think we could meet the little family, which is Hugo, Rudy and Mira correct? What about Michael? will he be visiting with Tansy's family as well? Or was it Brown? LOL sorry getting a little confused.... Then Peony will be the last? I may have mixed up Michael and Brown, who is the family friend and who will we be meeting a bit later? Once this is worked out we can begin.

I am having a Halloween party tommorrow so I don't think I can get my post done till at least Monday, but I figure we can use the weekend to get this straight and start the week off with our starting posts.

Let me know what order everyone thinks they should go and where they will be in order for us to meet them. Also I think we may need to do the posts one by one at first to make sure they all fit and we don't use another character unless we have to. Then after we all meet and get going, it will be free posting.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:08 AM   #13
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Brown could meet up with you all accidentally later on, or he could join up while visiting Tansy's lame brother Fred, or he could arrive at Fred's house and have to follow after. Or anything really. Whatever is needed, I'm flexible.

As has been said in his bio, Brown is quite the outdoorsman, and has travelled the Shire a great deal. Those two facts might provide some motivation for taking him along...?

Last edited by Gwathagor; 10-26-2007 at 10:19 AM.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:05 PM   #14
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Gwathagor - I believe someone who's travelled a lot is definitely very useful for the party; having a map is one thing, but with Brown as a leader they could have the feeling of safety - when he has been at certain places.

Concerning the joining of my character, Michael, I have certain draft in my mind, which can be altered to fit the flow of the events. As I said before, I would like to introduce him some time later, let's say after the party crosses the bridge. So there is a long time still to talk about that unless you really want to know that; I can just tell you for now that I have a good idea about why and how he is going to join the party. Maybe the only question that could have some impact at the beginning will be why the party should want him.

One thing I thought about was that if the party lacked anything important (equipment...), Mishka could get it for them from his grandfather. It could be anything from supplies to a pony - just if you think there is something that the characters could not be able to obtain, but wanted to, you may keep their problem open for this occassion. If I use the pony as an example, then it is a thing the party could utilise when they leave the "civilisation" if they don't want to carry all the supplies themselves. But it's a thing that is quite expensive and maybe none of the characters can afford it; either do not have it at all, or those whose families have a pony cannot take the pony because the rest of the family need him etc. Michael's grandpa is old and does not need anything, so he can lend it to them. Something like this could be the reason for the party to accept Michael, so what do you say? If you think it's good, then you may "reserve" something the company lacks for this purpose.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 01-14-2008, 09:22 PM   #15
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Glad to see you posting, Iras.

Um, I'm wondering about something though...... if Lizzy is in Peony's house, drinking Melilot's tea, she hasn't heard about the adventure yet because Peony and Mira haven't confessed to it yet. So Lizzy's thoughts are at this point just a bit ahead of the game, I'm thinking.

Oh, and I think there's a Shire rule that rpg posts must be at least 2 paragraphs.

Can you edit your posts to take care of these things, Iras? Sorry to be such a bother....
Old 01-15-2008, 11:03 AM   #16
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Lommy if you could continue our conversation with Fred and Brown and get Brown coming with us.

Fin & Kit if you could comment and get the men involved.

once everyone is invited along I will end the day.
Old 01-15-2008, 12:38 PM   #17
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Iras

Please check your PM's.

Thanks!

~*~ Pio
Old 01-15-2008, 02:18 PM   #18
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Valier - I'll continue. I think I should have time to do it tomorrow or on Thursday at the latest.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:03 AM   #19
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Done. I wasn't sure where to finish. Did you Valier say you wanted to end the day? Hope it's aliright that I stopped where I did.

And I'm sorry that my post turned that dramatic, I didn't think it would. And also, my apologies if Brown or especially Bunny look like total idiots, I can edit if they're acting too stupidly, just tell me...
Old 01-17-2008, 08:48 AM   #20
Iras Sabir
Pile O'Bones

Iras Sabir has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet View Post
Glad to see you posting, Iras.

Um, I'm wondering about something though...... if Lizzy is in Peony's house, drinking Melilot's tea, she hasn't heard about the adventure yet because Peony and Mira haven't confessed to it yet. So Lizzy's thoughts are at this point just a bit ahead of the game, I'm thinking.

Oh, and I think there's a Shire rule that rpg posts must be at least 2 paragraphs.

Can you edit your posts to take care of these things, Iras? Sorry to be such a bother....
...Sorry, read wrong and got ahead of myself.

Last edited by piosenniel; 01-17-2008 at 08:28 PM.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:26 PM   #21
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Your post is fine for length, even if half of it's mine.

I'd say it's about time for Bunny, Tansy, and company to barge in on the Chubbs, don't you?
Old 03-01-2008, 05:54 AM   #22
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
I'd say it's about time for Bunny, Tansy, and company to barge in on the Chubbs, don't you?
Yes, maybe. Is Valier around to post? I can post on Monday at the earliest so if for some weird reason she hasn't appeared by then I'll post.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:29 AM   #23
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

I'm around... why don't you post first Lommy, giving us a look at how Tansy feels. I will post something after that.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:02 AM   #24
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Home. Where rolling green hills and clear rivers are practically my backyard.
Finduilas is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Your post is fine for length, even if half of it's mine.
That's what makes it so painfully short...
Old 03-03-2008, 03:42 AM   #25
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I just spent my history lesson sketching a post... where should I finish? I finished at them arriving at Peony's and gaffer Hugo announcing that they will come along, but am I too hasty here?
Old 03-03-2008, 09:42 AM   #26
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Post it up and we'll see if there are any problems. You can always revise later.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:21 AM   #27
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Post it up and we'll see if there are any problems. You can always revise later.
Alright, that's what I thought as well... I'll first do some nasty compulsory stuff and then I probably "have to" play ww, but I should be able to post it today...
Old 03-03-2008, 07:06 PM   #28
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
"And so are I and Rudy," Gaffer Hugo grinned.
I'm a stickler over Gaffer Hugo's speech patterns, so I must ask you to revise this just a wee bit. His grammar is admittedly not good standard English, but it's "not good" in a different way than what's in the quote. Please replace it with:

Quote:
"So are Rudy an' me!" Gaffer Hugo grinned.
Old 03-04-2008, 03:26 AM   #29
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
I'm a stickler over Gaffer Hugo's speech patterns, so I must ask you to revise this just a wee bit. His grammar is admittedly not good standard English, but it's "not good" in a different way than what's in the quote. Please replace it with:
Done. Thanks for nit-picking: it really is just a good thing as it makes the characters more believable.
Old 04-11-2008, 03:59 AM   #30
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I threw together a quicky to get Hugo on a saddled Mosy, and Brown and Rudy out in the courtyard. Far as I'm concerned, one post from Gwath to catch things up, and we're on our way.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:48 AM   #31
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
*plop* appears out of nowhere

It seems to be going on well this far. What are your plans for the near future now? I think the time for the apperance of my character is getting close (at last), so I should start looking for the suitable place to join. And does anyone have news from Sephiroth, whether he's going to participate or not?

EDIT: Oh, I see, he's no longer playing. So I will proceed according to the original ideas before he even signed up. There is still time, but this is why I am asking for the future plans, so that I know when to start to tune up, so to say.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 04-11-2008, 11:43 AM   #32
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Great post LMP, it fits nicely.
Hello there Legate!!
I think from the Inn we will be heading NNW across the river and towards Budgford...I think that's right.... then on towards Scarry and the Quarry. Then North to the NorthMoors. So I think Legate you can come in whenever you feel like it. I am sure you are anxious to start.
Old 04-11-2008, 12:29 PM   #33
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valier View Post
I think from the Inn we will be heading NNW across the river and towards Budgford...I think that's right.... then on towards Scarry and the Quarry. Then North to the NorthMoors. So I think Legate you can come in whenever you feel like it. I am sure you are anxious to start.
Tell me about it Well, my plan from the very beginning was as follows: soon after the company crosses the bridge, my character climbs out of some field at Bridgefields (he's returning from a trip). He will notice them, become interested and follow the company towards the next settlement - I thought, like, will the company be traveling via the road, i.e. through Whitfurrows? Anyway, I have detailed ideas on how the appearance will go, that'll be shown in due time. So the only thing for me is to know the plan of the journey and have the chance to chime in at the right time.
Old 04-13-2008, 03:13 PM   #34
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

I'm not quite sure exactely where we will be traveling along the river, but I know it will be on the left side. I will have to check the map and see what we will be travelling through and if there is any roads.

Gwath? Are you going to get a post up before we move on? I think it would be good. And Lommy and Kit, you could post if you like as well. Let me know. If not I will continue.
Old 04-27-2008, 07:19 PM   #35
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Back to either Gwath or Boro.

Unless one of you ladies wants to get in on this.

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 04-28-2008 at 03:55 AM.
Old 04-27-2008, 07:37 PM   #36
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Looks like it had better be Rudy, Boro.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:11 AM   #37
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Not a problem, I can get a post finished today.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:48 PM   #38
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

you know Bunny will have something to add to the fray. I will have her approach the wayward stranger in the inn.

EDIT: Ok so I went ahead and posted.....

Last edited by Valier; 04-28-2008 at 03:04 PM.
Old 04-28-2008, 04:51 PM   #39
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Home. Where rolling green hills and clear rivers are practically my backyard.
Finduilas is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Oh, now this is funny... Legate then should post next?

So, so, so, sorry for not getting up a post. I went to bed early last night with a headache and tight muscles, and am working on getting back on track. My out of town trip was slightly more tasking than I had thought it would be. (And we spent a few more hours in the car then we should of, but that's not my fault, I wasn't driving..)

I'll try to get a post up soon, but I have to go freeze some strawberries at present, then I'll come back reveiw the situation, and see what I can do.
Old 05-30-2008, 08:31 PM   #40
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Okay, we have been told by Valier what she wants us to do. I'm willing to go on. I was the last to post, and Gaffer Hugo requested the assistance of Rudy and Brown. The other hobbits may jump in too.

On this new day, the hobbits need to continue northward, and will leave the road soon. That should get interesting. Who wants to post next?