Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2006, 12:02 PM   #161
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Mine is up too.
Child, are you ok with what I've suggested Briga does/feels?
Old 10-29-2006, 01:43 PM   #162
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Moved list to next page

~*~ Pio

Last edited by piosenniel; 11-07-2006 at 03:06 AM.
Old 10-29-2006, 02:24 PM   #163
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Missed you, everyone!

Now, I have a surprise...two Broddas have turned up, Saurreg and CaptainofDespair. For the moment Saurreg has priority, as CoD already has a role, but in the event of Saurreg having second thoughts, CoD, you're earmarked.

For now, arise, Saurreg, with pio's consent of course.
Old 10-29-2006, 02:33 PM   #164
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Thumbs up

Saurreg is a fine candidate -- I've been wondering what would entice him back to the RPG forum.

Just have him get a Character Bio on board - since he's a CAMEO, no First Post is needed.

What do you want to do about the last CAMEO, Anguirel? Caranthir, who comes in at the end of all things...

~*~ Pio
Old 10-29-2006, 02:36 PM   #165
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

I'm tempted to leave him at "Illuvatar will provide" for now. I mean, it's a gem of a part and someone will want him eventually...and he's not needed for a while.

In a last resort, I'll happily play him myself.
Old 10-29-2006, 04:04 PM   #166
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
I'm really sorry, I'll get that post ready tomorrow first thing after school if I can.
Old 10-29-2006, 04:09 PM   #167
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

That's great, Volo!!!

~*~ Pio
Old 10-30-2006, 08:18 AM   #168
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Ok, there it is.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:50 AM   #169
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Mith, I don't know if you've started your post for Tathren yet, but if not, I've thought up rather a cunning wheeze.

Could your post take the Elves from where they are at the end of my post - entering the settlement - to where they are at the beginning of Folwren's Uldor post - with Ulfang, waiting for Uldor's arrival? Ulfang will say the negotiations can's begin till Uldor is present.

Folwren, one change I'd like you to make if poss...at the end of your post, "an elven lord", should be cut or changed to something like "the elven lord" or even "our overlord." Ulfang and his sons have sworn fealty to Caranthir, and know who he is, just like, say, Canadians know who the Queen is. Inept comparison maybe! Lovely post by the way.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:30 AM   #170
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

Fordim Hedgethistle has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel
Ulfang and his sons have sworn fealty to Caranthir, and know who he is, just like, say, Canadians know who the Queen is. Inept comparison maybe! Lovely post by the way.
Oi! Hold fast there, lad! I've not sworn any oath of fealty to the Queen! And since we had to good sense to repatriate our constitution in 1981 we've had no official tie to your head of state other than as legal lip-service.

So there.

Back to RPGing.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:41 AM   #171
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Okay, thanks. I was not sure at all about how these Ulfingers stood in relationship with the elves. Definitely good to know that they've already sworn fealty.

-- Folwren
Old 10-30-2006, 03:02 PM   #172
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Lalaith,

Embla's post is fine. We should have some fur flying between these two characters for a bit!
Old 10-31-2006, 01:35 AM   #173
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Alas, Saurreg has changed his mind. CoD, Brodda is yours. I'll send a PM to confirm.
Old 10-31-2006, 02:07 PM   #174
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Sorry to hold up everyone ..yes I can do that with my post Ang.

The settlement, thatched huts with larger hall surrounded by wooden stockade type thing? Animals around..that the right lines?

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Old 10-31-2006, 04:17 PM   #175
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Oddly enough, Mith, I reckon if you think Edoras you won't be far wrong. So, basically, what you said, yes.

Remember Saruman's description of the House of Eorl and you're there...
Old 11-01-2006, 12:47 PM   #176
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
yes I was thinking that but without the carving and gilding.. okies...... brats about to roll in the reek...

Old 11-01-2006, 01:03 PM   #177
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Just wanted to let Pio in particular know (just in case) that I made a tiny edit to Thuringwethil's bio, changing her alias.
Old 11-01-2006, 01:59 PM   #178
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

I really like Jord, Durelin. Very successful in creating something succinct, harsh yet moving. In the Brodda line of things.
Old 11-01-2006, 02:30 PM   #179
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Mother Earth, in fact.
Begat Thor with Odin. I like it, too.
Old 11-01-2006, 03:06 PM   #180
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Ah, excellent. Thanks guys.
Old 11-01-2006, 03:19 PM   #181
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Late I hope is better than never... done..!

Old 11-01-2006, 03:23 PM   #182
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dûm

CaptainofDespair has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
I really like Jord, Durelin. Very successful in creating something succinct, harsh yet moving. In the Brodda line of things.
And speaking of dear Brodda, I will have that bio up within a day or two. A few assignments have bogged me down in that swamp called College.
Old 11-03-2006, 11:18 AM   #183
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
Oddly enough, Mith, I reckon if you think Edoras you won't be far wrong. So, basically, what you said, yes.

Remember Saruman's description of the House of Eorl and you're there...

On reflection I may have been thinking of Asterix....if I need ot change or add anything let me know....

Old 11-03-2006, 11:44 AM   #184
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Garen LiLorian

Please get your First Post on board.

Thanks!

~*~ Pio
Old 11-03-2006, 04:10 PM   #185
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Mith - I've always thought Asterix rich in affinities with the Silmarillion; in fact I brought it up somewhere on the chapter-by-chapter...Tulkas as Obelix...
Old 11-03-2006, 05:23 PM   #186
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dûm

CaptainofDespair has just left Hobbiton.
Linked to character/player list ~*~ Pio

CaptainofDespair’s Character

NAME: Brodda
RACE: Men, of the Ulfing People

WEAPONS: Brodda carries numerous weapons, based on his expectations. Under most circumstances, he carries a scimitar of plain design. When needed, he will sometimes resort to a long-bladed dagger or a hand axe. In addition to these, he also bears a knife, for defense, on his belt.

APPEARANCE: Beneath a cloak of black wolf fur, Brodda wears a grey shirt and black pants. His boots are a muddy brown, stained somewhat with a few smatterings of dried blood. He never strays from this garb, except when taking up his battle attire. On his right hand, he wears a silver ring inlaid with gold –taken in highwayman fashion from an unlucky Easterling.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Brodda is a schemer, and to some he is cowardly. But like Uldor, who considers him a servant, he is ruthless. He throws his weight with Uldor around quite a bit amongst his people, showing his brutal side. This piece of his personality, however, only shows itself when it is to his benefit. With the current struggles for power in the Ulfing House, Brodda has positioned himself well should something go awry.

HISTORY: Brodda was born around the time of Uldor, although just a year younger. His youth was much like any other Ulfing, smeared with battles amongst his peers for ‘honor’ and glory, when no outside target presented itself. As he progressed in age, he became an accomplice of Ulfang’s sons, particularly Ulwarth. When it became apparent that Uldor was the one to side with, however, the conniving Brodda switched allegiances. Since that time, he has served Uldor as a glorified henchman, performing the eldest of Ulfang’s dirtier work. However, he does maintain a few connections with Ulwarth, as a safety net.

As the coming conflict begins to rear its head, Brodda sees the potential for a disaster, especially as Uldor’s plans are presented to him. Worried he might be left with nothing, the unscrupulous Ulfing has begun to make plans, whatever they may be, to secure his survival.

~*~

If there need to be any changes to dear Brodda, please let me know.

Last edited by piosenniel; 11-03-2006 at 06:43 PM.
Old 11-03-2006, 07:30 PM   #187
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Okay. One Borrim hunter going to join the gang... I'm trying to come up with the BIO and the post during the weekend.

It took some time: I really thought this a wonderful game from the moment I saw it but hesitated because I'm in two games already ("The Fellowship of the 4th Age" and the "Eorling Mead Hall"), but as I see that many people sharing those games are also hanging around here, so why not to join too?

See you soon!
Old 11-04-2006, 09:52 AM   #188
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
Mith - I've always thought Asterix rich in affinities with the Silmarillion; in fact I brought it up somewhere on the chapter-by-chapter...Tulkas as Obelix...

That is something that hadn't occured but I can't help feeling that Getafix is a very much and Istari type wizard.......

I probably won't be around much next week since my aged father had a fall and fractured his pelvis yesterday .. which means I may not be able to spend my evenings on line ...... shouldn't be for too long

Old 11-04-2006, 01:34 PM   #189
Garen LiLorian
Wight

Garen LiLorian has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Garen LiLorian
Post is up! Ha ha. Sorry about the lateness. Thanks for the reminders, Pio.
This is my quest, to follow that star; no matter how hopeless, no matter how far. To fight for the right, without question or pause. To be willing to march into Hell for a Heavenly cause! -Man of La Mancha
Old 11-06-2006, 11:00 AM   #190
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Hi fellow Borrims!

I've read through our "gang" and that has raised a few questions. Any answers or comments to these would help me greatly to come up with my characters BIO (history-part) and especially the first post. And I quess some agreement here would help us all in writing.

The Borrim is said to be "a party from the north", so should we really be a party? Child hasn't made any references to others than Khandr's wifes. But Lalaith clearly has written her post including the "rest of the party", referring to "those two doltish hunters" (which should be three now as my character will join in). Fordim has mentioned that Huntha had joined a party but Kath writes about a character who lives and goes in his own without any familiar faces around...

From Child's and Kath's posting one gets the impression that these people live in houses but Lalaith talks of Embla's tent where Khandr visits. So tents or houses? Khandr seems to be an important man enough that he could have been shown a built lodging or a luxury-tent for his temporary visit - which could include a desk as Child describes the place. But how about we three (Fordim, Kath & myself)? If we belong to the same party, shouldn't we at least live around?

And if we are a party, why are we three there in the first place? Fordim said Huntha just volunteered, but how about we two (Kath's and mine characters)? Khandr's bodyguards, his wifes bodyguards, or then just fellow trekkers Khandr has allowed to travel with him and who now try to come up with their own? The last one is the easiest but I think not the best.
Old 11-06-2006, 11:23 AM   #191
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Good points Noggie...as far as sticking Embla in a tent, I thought that being a lowly second wife she'd be put somewhere away from the cosy main couple, but if the rest of you would prefer us all under timber, then I'll happily edit. I'll edit the hunters to three, too.
Old 11-06-2006, 11:38 AM   #192
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith
I'll edit the hunters to three, too.
Then again, if Kath wishes Bregr to be a loner, then Huntha and my character might be the two...

PS. I'll come up with the Bio at least later today... I hope to make the first post too, but lots of it hangs on what is decided here.
Old 11-06-2006, 12:08 PM   #193
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
From Child's and Kath's posting one gets the impression that these people live in houses but Lalaith talks of Embla's tent where Khandr visits. So tents or houses? Khandr seems to be an important man enough that he could have been shown a built lodging or a luxury-tent for his temporary visit - which could include a desk as Child describes the place. But how about we three (Fordim, Kath & myself)? If we belong to the same party, shouldn't we at least live around?
Good points, Nogrod. I definitely envisioned my envoy staying in some kind of a solid building, whether a house or set of rooms, but can edit if needed to put him in a "luxury tent". I also agree that the hunters would likely be in tents.

Can I assume that Khandr would know the other hunters? (I think that would be good.) Perhaps Khandr can invite the hunters to a dinner party at some point in the story, and we can gossip about how difficult the Ulfangs have become of late!
Old 11-06-2006, 12:08 PM   #194
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

Fordim Hedgethistle has been trapped in the Barrow!
For my part, I imagined Hunta as a tracker/hunter for the "hunting party"...you know, the guy of somewhat more humble origins who goes along with the aristrocrats to find game, flush it out and then help with the actual hunting/killing part.

For his part, Hunta is happy living in a house, in a tent or out in the open! He is, after all, a woodsman of the highest order.
Old 11-06-2006, 12:26 PM   #195
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

So how about we "hunters" live in tents beside the building that has been given to Khandr and his wifes? (Kath surely must have her word on this) So we would have come to the Ulfing settlement with him... I like Child's idea about Khandr inviting us to share a meal in his place and to talk things straight!

I have already agreed with Child that my character will be Khandr's retainer. So he might live in a tent - not a small trekking tent but a nice one with rugs inside... I guess Huntha would be just nicely taken into this kind of party. One pair of arms more while travelling the unsafe countryside would be good and he seems to have his own "adventure-reasons" to join?

So what does Kath think? I think your character might be a friend of mine, even another retainer for Khandr? But surely we might handle another loner too... and if the situation gets more tense, we would have reasons to pull together as Borrim, even though we wouldn't all know each other so well beforehand?
Old 11-06-2006, 12:44 PM   #196
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

1420!

Anguirel

Once Nogrod has his post on board, please leave me a list of of the order for First Posts by player name.

Thanks!

~*~ Pio
Old 11-06-2006, 01:49 PM   #197
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

LINKED TO CHARACTER/PLAYER LIST ~*~ Pio

Okay. Here is my BIO. I'll try to come up with the first post but please do go on even without it. It will be here soon enough (I hope).

-------------
Nogrod's character

NAME: Fastarr

RACE: Easterling (Borrim)

WEAPONS: Fastarr’s favourite weapon is the heavy quarterstaff he carries with him all the time. It has decorated rings of bronze in the middle and sharpened iron tips on both ends. He also carries knuckle-dusters in his pockets. On his belt he wears a kind of half-scimitar (it’s longer than a normal knife but not as long as proper swords would be). That serves to him as a hunting knife, an everyday utensil and a defensive weapon in need. In his packages he also has a sturdy longbow and a quiver of 20 arrows for hunting.

APPEARANCE: Fastarr is the big guy on easterling standards. He’s a strongly built man topping 6’. Fastarr has a long dark brown hair that is tied to a ponytail with a leather band. Occasionally he will shave the beard from his cheeks but is very reluctant to touch his chinbeard which he braids with tin-ribbons. His face is somewhat round and gives out the impression that he is a lot younger than he actually is. He has dark brown eyes that usually look like they’re sleeping, but in anger or enthusiasm will lighten with fire. He wears a standard woollen tunic and light boots. For cold weather and warfare he also has a reindeer-skin jacket.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Fastarr is overtly loyal to the Borrim and highly suspicious of other people – not to say of other races. Amongst other Borrim he is relaxed and well-wishing. And good-hearted towards his companions he surely is. But towards others he is very reserved and in the worst case – if he thinks he or other Borrim are threathened or mocked – very quick-tempered indeed. Fastarr is not exactly the brightest guy around but when action is called for, he really knows what to do and how. He has a clear vision about what is right and wrong, what is good and bad. He acts on those principles without hesitation, even if some hesitation would have been called for in certain situations.

HISTORY: Fastarr’s family has long been renowned for the staunch warriors it has produced. To this Fastarr is no exception. When Khandr was in need of a new retainer or two, Fastarr was his choice. His father had had Fastarr’s uncle among his household in a similar fashion.

Fastarr had been tall and strongly built already from his childhood and very soon his father and cousins had started to teach him the different skills in arms. In the age of 13 he had won the local youth-masters in wrestling, some of his adversaries being almost 16 at the time. To his father’s disappointment he never became a fluent swordsman, but he loved the quarterstaff. With his reach he could safely knock out any opponent in his village with it and with his size he could outwrestle anyone managing to get too near for the staff to be useful.

At the age of twenty he fell in love with a Bairka-girl called Aud. The feeling was mutual and they were married the next summer with modest celebrations suitable to their social rank. They had twins the next winter, but the winter was exceptionally harsh and they both died before reaching three months of age. After that also the relationship between Fastarr and Aud cooled considerably. The next summer Fastarr saw Aud with a Bairka-man and hid that secret into his heart untill he met the very same man, Starkadr, at the harvest-party. There was no stopping him. Fastarr killed the man barehanded, banging his head to the floor until he was dead.

There were lots of talking and lots of rumours after the incident. Fastarr’s family paid Starkadr’s family a headmoney and Aud moved back to other Bairkas. From that on Fastarr sweared he would stay unmarried and commit himself to the duty of defending his villagers from the treachery of others.

It took almost ten years before he got an invitation to go and serve Khandr. Meanwhile he had cooled off considerably serving different smaller households and earning a reputation of a good man. He was not anymore a youth, but a man in his best age. That was six years ago to this day.

Now he had followed Khandr to the Ulfing settlement where he would negotiate some marriage-agreements. “Marriage...”, he thought to himself as they had at last gotten the Ulfing-village to their sight, “shouldn’t we all be happier without them?”

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nogrod's post

It was getting dark as Fastarr came back to his tent. He lit the greaselamp and took off the boots he had worn all day. The stench was bad enough. Slowly he streched out and dropped the boots between the first and second linen walls of the tent. Then he got up and took the lamp into the tent itself. Even though the rugs on the ground were thick they felt a bit cold to the feet. The spring seemed to have taken a few steps back.

Fastarr took a couple of the firewood and lit a small fire. Only after the fire started dancing did he took his belt and scimitar away. It was a bliss to be on one’s own after a busy day. The kettle he had put on the fire started hissing slowly, marking that something was happening but that there was no hurry whatsoever. Lazily he studied his stores to find some tea, honey and wine. Ah, the water is almost used. I should get some more. It’s easier to do it now than as a first thing in the morning... Well, not just now...

The water boiled. He added similar amount of wine into the water and waited for the right sound to emerge from the kettle. Then he put some leaves to his cup and carved a piece of solid honey to join them. As the wine-water was about to boil, he poured it over the leaves and honey and put them aside to steep. The sweet and comfortable fragrance spreaded all over the tent and took him over.

Fastarr laid on his back waiting for the tea. Why is Khandr still waiting? Can’t he see that this is not going to work? Too much power-play, too little love, I say. We should go home the first thing tomorrow. I should tell him that. And all these rumours, and the Ulfings in the first place... What do we do here? We should be with our own kin if something does happen, not here among strangers who wish us no good...

He was feeling so nice and lazy laying down on the rugs that had only started to warm up under his body that he had to really make an effort to sit back up again and take the tea before it would get cold. The air outside really felt chilling right now. But the cup happily was still hot and the scent of the drink filled his head. It was indeed hot enough to burn his mouth so he sipped it carefully, turning the cup around between his fingers as not to burn his hands. He could feel the warmth of the drink going down his throat all the way to his stomach. Life’s little luxuries this is... this surely is...

It surely had been a busy day. From the early morning onwards Fastarr had been on the move. First he had taken Khandr’s and his wifes horses to an outing in the surrounding countryside. They had made a good sport of it and the horses seemed to be happy with it, as usual. After the lunch he had walked around trying to hear what people were talking, making a few discussions with the locals himself too. That was not something he especially liked but he was told to do so and so he had to do it. There was lots of talk, lots of ranting and lots of just mere boasting. There was nothing he could report Khandr about, if not for the overall tension and talk of evil that clearly surpassed his taste in quantity as well as quality, even if it was just joking. Maybe it was just the way these Ulfings were?

In the afternoon Briga had asked him to join her on her way to the market and he had made her company. Even though it had ended him carrying all the stuff she had wished to buy, he liked Briga. She was a Borrim-lady of the house with all the qualities and good to her husband’s retainers. Fastarr had nothing to complain. But shopping with ladies were a lot of work.

The evening had went with a lengthy bargain with a local smith who was trying to take a preposterous payment for the little work of changing one of Hengst’s horseshoe and changing some worn parts of the bridles. He had actually managed to settle the dispute to a reasonable level but was more than angry afterwards. It was near he ran over a couple of kids that called him, the foreigner, names when he was getting down the street with Hengst towards their place.

But still he had had to take a tour on the local inns to hear the latest. There had been nothing new tonight. Just the usual gloating and whispering outside the hearing of the stranger. No one was friendly and Fastarr saw no reason to be friendly either.

The tea run out soon enough. Fastarr took the last draught of it and got slowly up. He went to his bed and draw the quilt over him. Different persons he had met today whirled through his mind. Embla... she was one of the Bairka, one of those who had turned his life into a misery a long time ago and now she was there everyday to remind him of it. And still it was unsettling to him. But it was not just hate he felt.

Last edited by piosenniel; 11-07-2006 at 03:01 AM.
Old 11-06-2006, 03:39 PM   #198
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Here is at last my first post.

------------------

Moved to your Character Bio post.

~*~ Pio

Last edited by piosenniel; 11-07-2006 at 02:59 AM.
Old 11-06-2006, 03:43 PM   #199
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Sorry, but those Borrim names are making me crack up...though not in a bad way! Not at all! I just can't get the English words they (well, all but one, really) can sound like out of my head, and I find them very amusing...

So...excellent names!
Old 11-06-2006, 03:52 PM   #200
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin
Sorry, but those Borrim names are making me crack up...though not in a bad way! Not at all! I just can't get the English words they (well, all but one, really) can sound like out of my head, and I find them very amusing...

So...excellent names!
Now as you said it, so Huntha is hunter in some dialect - and Fastarr is faster?

Oh, and Bergr is a burger? I hadn't noticed it!

Just try to read them in scandinavian way! Then they do not sound like that.