Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2008, 06:22 AM   #361
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Well, there could be further debate about Entwives, and Rudy has yet to speak up. Lizzy hasn't heard what the adventure is all about, just that there is one. So a few more posts with talk for the Rudy-Mira-Hugo-Peony clan should wrap up the Day.
Old 01-24-2008, 03:14 PM   #362
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
That was a GREAT post!! well worth the wait!!

As soon as you all finish up at Peony's I will get a narration type post up ending the night and starting the next day.

I think then Lommy Gwathagor and I can do a quick pm post with us leaving and arriving at Peony's.

How do you all want to handle the meeting in the morning of everyone? This is going to be amusing!!!!
Old 01-24-2008, 04:53 PM   #363
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Thanks! It was fun to write, especially the revelation that Gaffer Hugo Chubb "don't believe in that nonsense." I didn't know that about him when we started this rpg, but it just sort of appeared on my radar so to speak. I'm certainly going to enjoy making something of it, especially since in real life I'm the opposite.

How about, for the morning, each writer does a post for his or her own character, leading up to the meeting point? In order to do that, we need to establish where that meeting point will be. Valier?
Old 01-25-2008, 10:10 PM   #364
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

I was thinking we could meet just outside Peony's in the morning. Or does that not work? I agree everyone can write their own post leading to our meeting.
Old 01-25-2008, 10:27 PM   #365
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Works for me. Just outside Peony's it is.
Old 01-30-2008, 12:08 PM   #366
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Ok..So where are we at the moment? I think we still need to get the day at Peony's finished. Iras are you going to add something? Let's get this day finished.
Old 01-31-2008, 12:19 AM   #367
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Let me know if I need to post anything.
Old 01-31-2008, 04:08 PM   #368
Iras Sabir
Pile O'Bones

Iras Sabir has just left Hobbiton.
My Internet has been on the fritz, so sorry for not being on.
Old 02-01-2008, 12:33 AM   #369
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Iras we need you to finish up at Peony's with the others. As soon as this is done I can end the day and we can all get in our morning posts.
I really do want to get this started.
Old 02-02-2008, 12:08 AM   #370
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Ok We have decided that the active players are going to move on with the day. If and when you do have time Iras,(and Sephiroth, if he doesn't show soon) can you please post here letting us know. Then we can place your post/s in the appropriate place. Or do what needs to be done...

I am just going to assume that the evening at Peony's is finished. I will get up our night post and Bunny's morning post. Lommy do you want to work together on our morning post? We could do it together than post it and Gwathagor can work from our post concerning Tansy's family goodbye and our arrival at Peony's.

Everyone else can you have your posts up shortly after me and Lommy get up the first morning post? It shouldn't take too long if Lommy has a little time each day, I am sure we can have it done fairly quickly.

Please everyone let me know where you stand at the moment, let's get this puppy rolling.
Old 02-02-2008, 05:55 AM   #371
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I'm going to be very busy next week - I'm currently in a drama project and we have our dress rehearsal and all the presentations/performances/whatever-is-the-correct-words next week, so I really can't write much, I'm afraid. But I could manage writing something some day, just don't expect a lot of participation from me...
Old 02-02-2008, 05:10 PM   #372
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I'm ready to post as soon as the new Day begins. I'll be keeping an eye out. Snatch is eager for action.
Old 02-02-2008, 09:20 PM   #373
Iras Sabir
Pile O'Bones

Iras Sabir has just left Hobbiton.
I'm sick right now and my internet's been fritzy. I think I can still get on once a day though.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:01 PM   #374
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Home. Where rolling green hills and clear rivers are practically my backyard.
Finduilas is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Right. Mira doesn't have anything to say at this point. I think it may be a good idea for Hugo, or Rudy maybe, to dismiss the girls, and then for Hugo and Rudy to talk a bit about it. I think that would fit more then one of them just deciding to go, outright. Would that work?

I can't post this week, as I have a test coming up (ACT) on Saturday, so I'll spend all my stress on that.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:52 PM   #375
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

That's a good idea, Finduilas. Boromir, are you up for it?
Old 02-05-2008, 09:21 PM   #376
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Sounds good to me.

I was already planning on Rudy at first strongly () opposing Mira going, I've just been trying to figure out the best way to then make Rudy go along with it. Lmp, is the gaffer the persuasive type?
Old 02-06-2008, 10:57 AM   #377
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Sounds good to me.

I was already planning on Rudy at first strongly () opposing Mira going, I've just been trying to figure out the best way to then make Rudy go along with it. Lmp, is the gaffer the persuasive type?
I think we can write him so. If you'd like to start by having Rudy rant while Hugo listens, that's be a great way to start. Besides, I'm too busy to post actual story today, so if you can go today it would help.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:11 PM   #378
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Today's going to be hard, I'm just finally settled down now and it's getting late, but definitely by noon (EST) tomorrow I should have the time to finish Rudy's post.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:41 AM   #379
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Ok, so I got Rudy's post up, and he went through pretty much the whole emotional spectrum. Lmp, take it away.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:00 AM   #380
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Home. Where rolling green hills and clear rivers are practically my backyard.
Love both the posts! Great fun.
Old 02-11-2008, 04:29 PM   #381
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Thumbs up

I agree with Fin great posts!!

Sorry for my absence everyone. I have been quite busy. We just brought home a new puppy and she has required a lot of attention.

So where are we at the moment? Do you at Peony's want to finish up your night or do you want me to proceed with the next day? I'll wait to hear from a few of you, and in the mean time I will work on our night post bring us to the morning and I will try and also include Bunny's morning thoughts in that as well.
Old 02-11-2008, 05:46 PM   #382
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Oh oh oh! I've another idea! You could keep the Hobbit lasses in suspence all night and tell Tansy, Peony and Bunny about your resolutions when they come. Just thought that might be a way for us to progress the day.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:38 AM   #383
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finduilas View Post
Oh oh oh! I've another idea! You could keep the Hobbit lasses in suspence all night and tell Tansy, Peony and Bunny about your resolutions when they come. Just thought that might be a way for us to progress the day.
I think that's a great idea. Now would Iras be involved in that? Since she has yet to be invited by anyone. Or would Hugo and Rudy inform her the night before?
Old 02-14-2008, 09:58 AM   #384
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

If she was to make herself available during the evening, yes, Hugo would. But he wouldn't seek her out. Not night, in somebody else's house, she tucked away in the guest bedroom. So unless Iras posts her coming out soon, I'd say we should just go for it during the morning.

So let's move the Day and Night along and get this little party started, what say?
Old 02-14-2008, 11:54 AM   #385
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Yeah, let's go on. Pointless to linger if there's nothing to be written.
Old 02-14-2008, 06:57 PM   #386
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
On! On! On!
Old 02-14-2008, 08:51 PM   #387
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I have added to my last post in order to close off last night and bring things into the morning.
Old 02-15-2008, 11:27 AM   #388
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Excellent! I'll get up a day finishing post later on today.
Old 02-15-2008, 12:55 PM   #389
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Ok I will post the nightly post sometime this weekend. I'm fairly busy lately, but I swear I will get it up A.S.A.P. Can't wait to get this new day started.
Old 02-18-2008, 02:15 PM   #390
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

I've posted. I was going to do a bit of a narrative, but decided against it. I've just told it from Bunny's perspective. Let me know if anything needs to be changed or if I left us at an awkward place. Let's get this "confrontation" started...
Old 02-19-2008, 09:35 PM   #391
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I decided to have fun and put up another post. Let me know if the liberties I've taken need to be changed.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:57 PM   #392
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Great post LMP!! I think a little bit of back and forth is needed at Peony's to finish off the morning. If anyone is unable to post soon for this finishing of the morning please do let us know. Let us get this part done nice and quick and get us on our way. If we need to let us put up saves so we can get this done.
Old 02-20-2008, 05:00 AM   #393
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Just a thought: just because Gaffer Hugo has put a question to Rudy doesn't mean Rudy has to be the next speaker. If Mira and Peony, or Lizzy, are ready to jump in and interrupt, that's fine too. Actually, it would make things more interesting.
Old 02-20-2008, 08:45 AM   #394
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shield

Excellent posts. I'm going to try to get a post in this afternoon regarding the still "undecided" nature of Rudy and Hugo.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:46 AM   #395
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

With Kitanna choosing to have Peony come in, and Hugo and Rudy don't notice her, my hands are tied as for writing another post, so somebody else will have to next.
Old 02-22-2008, 10:45 AM   #396
Kitanna
Child of the West

Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet View Post
With Kitanna choosing to have Peony come in, and Hugo and Rudy don't notice her, my hands are tied as for writing another post, so somebody else will have to next.
If it makes it easier and helps the flow, I can just delete the last part and just have Peony waiting just outside the kitchen.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:41 AM   #397
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

I don't think you have to do that Kitanna. I'll be able to post Rudy's answer to the Gaffer sometime later, before the day is over.

Finduilas, did you want to bring Mira in to wait around (unnoticed by Rudy and Hugo) with Peony? Or should I go ahead with it and have Rudy tell Hugo his answer now?
Old 02-22-2008, 08:56 PM   #398
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I think the messier the better (that means more conflict). Kitanna, I personally think that it would make for more fun rpg'ing if Peony didn't come in quiet as a mouse, don't you think? Unless she's quiet now so that she can flare up in anger at Rudy's words after he speaks?
Old 02-22-2008, 10:06 PM   #399
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

I'm enjoying the way this is unfolding. Good work.
Old 02-23-2008, 07:59 AM   #400
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Do what ever you want with Mira to get the story going. I however will be unable to post today or tomorrow. But keep in mind, I beleive she is rather laid back.