Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2008, 09:36 AM   #681
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
I've almost got Rudy's next post completed. I put in a save and will be able to finish it when I get back home at about 4-ish (EST)
Old 10-22-2008, 09:47 AM   #682
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I filled in the save. Sorry, it took longer than what I said. Val, you have a young hobbit lass who's probably interrupting Bunny's conversation with Michael. If you want, you can just have Mira interrupt and say Rudy and her will continue, or I can write it in another post; just so we have some way to let Bunny no we're moving forward.
Old 10-23-2008, 12:49 PM   #683
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Great post Boro!
I was trying to figure out how Bunny would react to Micheal lying. I'm sure Bunny would notice his discomfort and might not be willing to just say "Sure, you can come with us" So having Mira interrupt, might give me a chance to kinda skirt the question of Micheal coming with us until we are in the Inn. Hmmmmm I could use this. Do you think Mira could just suggest in some way that Micheal accompany us? Then ask Bunny if it's ok, putting Bunny on the spot and just have her say sure? I just don't think Bunny would say yes, seeing as she was suspicious of Micheal from the get go. But having her put on the spot infront of everyone might just make it easier to say yes.

Either way Boromir I can write Mira into my post, having her interupt, then have her ask Bunny in the Inn.Or if you would like to do it, and have the time that would be great too.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:04 AM   #684
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

It sounds good to me. Take it away Val.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:38 PM   #685
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Alas..I have come down with a pretty bad flu and I don't feel up to posting just yet. I'll get one up a.s.s.p
Old 11-05-2008, 01:59 PM   #686
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Sorry for the wait everyone! I've posted and moved us along. If this is too fast or if anyone thinks I could add more or used their characters inappropriately let me know. If anyone wants to post bringing their night to an end feel free. I do however want to have us start our next day and the adventure fairly soon. so please even post something short for the night or let me know if you cant or don't want to and I'll start our day.
Old 11-08-2008, 12:15 PM   #687
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I just read through my post and edited and I've resolved that for someone like me, writing a post in such hurry that there's no time to read through and edit it. That is to say, some typos and grammatic mistakes are now edited.

Also, I'd like to echo Valier and say it would be nice to move on soon. Maybe Val if you just decide some date, fairly soon (like Tuesday, for example), by which everybody has to post if they want to, and then we'll move on. No point in useless prolonging...
Old 11-08-2008, 06:56 PM   #688
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

I agree Lommy

So if anyone wants to get a post in for this evening please have it posted by Tuesday. I will post our first morning post on Wednesday. Now do you all feel like writing morning posts or do you want me just move us to the road?
Old 11-08-2008, 07:28 PM   #689
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
I was thinking about a post for Michael, I am certainly going to post something like his inner reflection of what happened today, when he at last has time to sort his thoughts in peace. It may also bring some more light on his motives and such. I am going to post it as soon as possible, maybe tomorrow (resp. today already, my time), maybe the day after that. As for the morning, I would go with majority, if nobody wants to prolongate it anymore, I am fine with going rightaway. If not, then I would post just one or two lines about Michael's inner thoughts in the morning. (I have also thought about making the post about him all a morning post, and make his nightly thinking appear there as backwards reflection, as his reflection about what he thought of at night. I will use this if I don't manage to write the nightly post early enough )
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 11-10-2008, 02:34 PM   #690
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Done. For me, Michael is finished and we may immediately jump on the road or whichever way you wish, Valier. (And by the way, looking now at the previous post, I wonder why I boldened Michael's name there. That happens when you are writing at half past two in the morning.)
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 11-10-2008, 06:00 PM   #691
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Now do you all feel like writing morning posts or do you want me just move us to the road?~Val
Well, I don't have much more to add onto Rudy and Mira's part, for right now, but I was thinking about doing a morning post for both, before we all set out. Would you like me to go ahead and do that by tomorrow, and then we can all get set out on the road?
Old 11-12-2008, 11:38 AM   #692
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I put up a save so I add Peony's reply to what has been going on. I'm hoping I can get it done tonight or tomorrow morning. If not tomorrow night at the latest.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:00 PM   #693
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Sorry guys time got away from me today. Boromir if you have something ready for a morning post go ahead and get us started with our day. I can have a post up a.s.a.p.
Old 11-16-2008, 01:11 PM   #694
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I decided to delete my save post and just wait until we're taken into the morning. It made more sense than writing another reflection post.
Old 11-19-2008, 11:07 PM   #695
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Hope you guys aren't waiting for me to post......I've got a bunch of stuff that came up, so If someone wants to get the ball rolling, feel free.
Old 11-26-2008, 08:01 AM   #696
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Well, I got everybody out and ready to go. Sorry for having to wait on lazy Rudy.

I'm going to be away on vacation until Sunday night, just to let everyone know.
Old 11-26-2008, 10:11 AM   #697
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Good, Boro, that you got this rolling again. I will try to post in the weekend.
Old 11-27-2008, 08:43 AM   #698
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I thought I'd post something now, but I figured it would make more sense if you Kit and Val posted first as you seem to clear ideas of what to write. But I'll try to be quick and follow you suit so that this starts rolling well once again.
Old 11-27-2008, 02:10 PM   #699
Kitanna
Child of the West

Shield

I put up a short post having our adventurers finishing up their breakfast. If there's anything wrong with it I can change it straight away.
Old 12-11-2008, 06:31 PM   #700
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

1420!

So sorry you guys, I don't have internet access at the moment. I should have it up soon, but till then I have very limited access. I will try my hardest to have something up before christmas, but we may need to take a break till after the holidays anyways.
Old 01-30-2009, 08:07 AM   #701
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Palantir-Green

*knock knock* Anybody home?
Old 01-30-2009, 09:25 AM   #702
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Somebody is I guess it was like that we were waiting if Val is going to show up and have time to move us on, or whatever...
Old 02-12-2009, 09:09 PM   #703
Kitanna
Child of the West

I'd like to see this brought back to life. Who still wants to work on this RPG?
Old 02-16-2009, 05:41 PM   #704
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I do. But I'm going to be pretty busy for quite some time now, and I'm not exactly looking forward to getting extra commitments for that time. So, unless Valier shows up, could we postpone continuing until mid-April or so? Or then I just won't be so active...
Old 02-16-2009, 05:56 PM   #705
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
I do. But I'm going to be pretty busy for quite some time now, and I'm not exactly looking forward to getting extra commitments for that time. So, unless Valier shows up, could we postpone continuing until mid-April or so? Or then I just won't be so active...
Well, it's similar with me: although I won't mind it that much now (so if it really came to that, I won't mind), still, commitments here and there; in other words - getting one less task won't be anything bad, you see. With Valier here, it would be something different, but if we are to take the initiative, it involves planning and such.

Late April, however, in that case... late April...
Old 02-17-2009, 12:58 PM   #706
Kitanna
Child of the West

Well, if no one has the time then it's understandably to postpone until late April. Hopefully Valier will reappear by then. If she doesn't or can't by then will you guys still want to continue with this? And someone can carry along Bunny until Valier does return.
Old 02-18-2009, 02:16 PM   #707
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

From my part, of course. I said - I meant, of course I could go on even now, but if people are not exactly keen on that, I don't feel the need to go right now (or, okay, now actually when I started to write this, I started to think that it might be nice... but anyway I think it would be best if Valier was around). But, what about all the other people, who haven't spoken here...?
Old 02-18-2009, 06:28 PM   #708
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Pipe

I sent Valier a PM on 02/12 - she hasn't read it as yet.

I've PM'd Gwathagor and Boromir88 to check in on this thread so they can give their preferences/thoughts.

I'd be happy to close the game until late April and then re-open for you players.

~*~ Pio
Old 02-18-2009, 06:58 PM   #709
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
I'm content to postpone the game until April. I do not feel particularly strongly one way or the other.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:26 AM   #710
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

If we hear nothing of Valier, should someone become a sort of steward to this game and pio could tell at least her/him (if not everybody) what Valier was planning because if she isn't to reappear soonish and we have no idea what she planned, we'll be pretty lost... Just something to think about. We can return to the topic whenever we start writing this game again.

(Valier is my friend on Facebook but she hasn't done anything there either since January the 4th... but I can still try to send her a PM there. )
Old 03-03-2009, 11:57 AM   #711
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

1420!

Hello everyone! So sorry for my long absence, I just very recently got my internet back up and running. I'm a little lost at the moment as to where we are and what we should be doing. If you all would like we can definately postpone this til April, or I can get my act together and try and get us rolling again.
Old 04-11-2009, 12:34 AM   #712
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Question

Valier

Shall I close the game until you and the other players have time to continue with it?

~*~ Pio
Old 04-14-2009, 10:45 AM   #713
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Go ahead Pio, close the story down.
I have little patience with this RPG, I have tried to get us going numerous times and now I've kinda lost all interest in it.
The original storyline I had planned has been changed so much all ready and we have barely begun. Maybe sometime in the future we shall all feel enthused about starting up again, but as it seems for now no one has any interest.
Old 04-15-2009, 12:39 PM   #714
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Ah but it is exactly from now on that I would have time and interest.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:28 PM   #715
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Ah but it is exactly from now on that I would have time and interest.
Exactly.

But, well. No can do. If people are generally inclined rather to let it be, let's just leave it be.
Old 04-15-2009, 05:55 PM   #716
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Exactly.

But, well. No can do. If people are generally inclined rather to let it be, let's just leave it be.
*bursts into the room frantically waving his hands*

Stop ! don't close the RPG! If you got any characters that have been dropped I'll pick 'em on up and we can get going!
Old 05-19-2009, 06:35 AM   #717
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Palantir-Green

When are we going to revive this RPG?

I would have time in June, but after that the next time I have time is sometime late August or even September. But I guess were not going to be quick...

So, everybody - Valier especially! - how would you feel about restarting some time next autumn?

I don't want to see this RPG wither and die, I want it finished in some way or another. Valier, if you need any help in planning or running stuff, just ask me if you want to. I should be able to help out and like I said, I'll do anything to get this RPG played and completed like it deserves.
Old 08-18-2009, 03:19 PM   #718
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Question

*feels like copypasting the previous post and posting it again (without the comments about June)*

*also feels like PM/Facebook spamming people on the topic*

*feels hyperactive and bouncy*
Old 08-19-2009, 01:58 PM   #719
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

I would say, why not continue? Everybody? Only if other people would come! (And if Valier doesn't come, then whether anybody can take the role of the leader and somewhat plan where the story is going to take us.) Personally, I would feel like reviving my old shy Hobbit
Old 08-19-2009, 02:18 PM   #720
Kitanna
Child of the West

I really want to see this RPG finished. It's one of the best ones I've been in. I'm up for continuing on with it.