The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-25-2003, 09:40 AM   #41
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

My point exactly! Elrond has a right to be solemn and stern-looking after everything's he's been through. He lost many of his family members, and those that he loved, and now, he's going to lose his daughter, his only daughter. That is enough to make anyone stern. <P>He was probably feeling guilty about not pushing Isildur into the lava or something. But that was probably the wrong way to go about it. He would have felt like a murderer afterwards, even if he didn't tell anyone about it. <P>Even though I can't look at a picture of Hugo Weaving without thinking of the Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert, I still think that he made a great Elrond. He was venerable, kindly, strong, stern, etc. etc. He made a great Elrond, and no one can say otherwise!!!!
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 08:56 PM   #42
Silmiel of Imladris
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmiel of Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Silmiel of Imladris
Sting

When I first saw the FOTR and saw Elrond I was like whoa, this guy is cool. I didn't see the Matrix until about two months before Reloaded came out and I didn't even know that HW was in it until that scene in the interogation room when he takes off his sun glasses. That was kind of an eye opener and it made me enjoy watching the Matrix even more. Although everytime I watch the Matrix I seem the root for Agent Smith because I knew him as Elrond first.

Figwit on his name: Are you suggesting that I have the wit of a fig?
Silmiel of Imladris is offline   Reply With Quote