Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2003, 11:13 AM   #361
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Hilde Bracegirdle has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I’m sorry Ealasaide! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

The way I saw things going, was that Kaldir left the inn got side tracked with Benia and Gilly, who were on foot headed north and a little west toward Archet. The rangers leave very soon after Kaldir, following Naiore also north and west but not exactly the same bearing. Kaldir could have skirted the forests lower edge after catching Benia while Naiore & Rangers made a wide high arc up toward Coombe and back down to Bree, as she was trying to shake off pursuers if there were any. Whichever way you decide to go, though. And perhaps I am alone in seeing things this way.

As for the shackles…here I thought you brought them into the story so you could place them on Naiore eventually! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Imladris, I’m still working on that post and HOPE to have it up today.
Old 09-24-2003, 01:03 PM   #362
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Ealasaide has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

No problem, Hilde. I'm rewriting to put ol' Slowpoke at the back of the herd.

Rewrites are done.

[ September 24, 2003: Message edited by: Ealasaide ]
Old 09-24-2003, 04:33 PM   #363
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

This is probably a useless post, but I'm putting it up anyway. I thought that that was an excellently crafted post, Hilde!!!! Very nice reading it!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-24-2003, 04:59 PM   #364
Elora
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elora has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hilde! I gazzumped you too? [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

A pox upon me for my thoughtlessness. Next time, I think it fair to leave it to another of our fine crew to forward the time line if necessary.

However, I am relieved that what ended up being a long diatribe was of some use to you Hilde. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Characters: Rosmarin: Lady of Cardolan; Lochared: Vagabond of Dunland; Simra: Daughter of Khand; Naiore: Lady of the Sweet Swan; Menecin: Bard of the Singing Seas; Vanwe: Lost Maiden; Ronnan: Lord of Thieves; and, Uien of the Twilight
Old 09-24-2003, 06:31 PM   #365
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Sting

Thanks for the encouragement! I felt it to be a bit "over the top" and choppy, but now you all know where Rauthain's mind is.

Elora, actually I had the Naiore part written after reading Imladris' post on the story before I found your "diatribe" here this morning. Hence my reaction to it. Honestly, sometimes I feel telepathy is at work, I'll be writing something and someone will use the same particular word or phase a quarter or half the world away! I wonder if I am the only one who has this happen? [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] At anyrate you have done a wonderful job at describing your characters, Elora. Not an easy feat, for Naiore in particular is a bit hard to wrap one's mind around, (for this poor hobbit at anyrate).

Don't worry about gazzumping! I had plenty of time and warning about the impending time change.

[ September 27, 2003: Message edited by: Hilde Bracegirdle ]
Old 09-26-2003, 05:54 PM   #366
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Tolkien

Just to remind everybody, I'm going out of town for a week on Monday...I will try to get a post up for Maethor before I leave (Time, Time, where hast thou departed so swiftly?). I will try to post and keep up to date on everything but I make no promises.

Old 09-26-2003, 06:58 PM   #367
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Sting

Imladris - thanks for the reminder regarding your upcoming absense! Post if you can with Maethor. Otherwise, is it all right with you that he be carried along with Rauthain & Amandur until your return?
Old 09-26-2003, 07:06 PM   #368
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Elora-
RE: Ferney, ill wait for you to lay the scene and he will be met with a rather hesitant but willing Avanill, is that ok?

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 09-26-2003, 08:56 PM   #369
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Tolkien

Yeah, that's all right if Maethor is carried along by Rauthain and Amandur. By the way, you guys have done a great job keeping Maethor true to his character. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Old 09-27-2003, 11:54 AM   #370
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Sting

Imladris - Is it Ok then for Maethor to go to the Prancing Pony and meet up with the other rangers if you haven't posted before you leave?

I'm stumped a bit about where to go from here since quite a few of the good guys have an excellent idea were Naiore is, and Maethor, Rauthain, and Kaldir will find her tracks leading there.

1) Are we planing to descend on Barrold's place at some point?

2) Is Naiore going to be forced to shift her location?

3)How are we going to orchestrate the stalking and run ins so that it is not a disorganized "free for all"?

4) Also wondering about the part of the script when Hanasian catches up to Kaldir. Conceivably Rauthain could fill this small part of Hanasian's portion of the story, although I don't know if I could carry it off well as I wish I could.

One more thing I wanted to bring to everyone's attention, Ealasaide has revised her last post for Benia. If you are printing these things out, as I am, you might want to replace it.

[ September 27, 2003: Message edited by: Hilde Bracegirdle ]
Old 09-27-2003, 01:36 PM   #371
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Sting

This is an e-mail I sent to Hilde earlier explaining where I see things. Looks like the bunch of us need to put our heads together & figure out where to go from here.

Quote:
I think Lespheria & Amandur only know that she is in Bree. Have Rhauthain & Maethor tracked her as far as the house? I thought they would only get as far as Bree, then lose her in the shuffle of all the footprint traffic of town. They would pick back up on her (I thought) somehow at the inn.

And, yes, I think we need to keep Rhauthain & Kaldir separate for the moment.

I have a PM into Elora suggesting that Kaldir pick up on Naiore, et al, by seeing Barrold disposing of the stolen horse & following him to the house. Being outnumbered (Naiore, Barrold, Avanill, & Vanwe), he would not approach her at this time.

Maybe we should put all of this up on the Discussion Thread! I see some major confusion in the offing if we don't! Also, As I have said many times, Kaldir needs to get in ahead of the Rangers on Naiore's trail. If he doesn't, he knows he hasn't got a chance of getting at her. In which case, he would know he is wasting his time & head south with Benia. I can't see him trailing along as a spectator behind the Rangers.
Elora - the rest of us need your input in particular in terms of what you see happening next with Naiore!

Here is the status of things Right Now:

Amandur & Lespheria are on their way to rendevous at the Prancing Pony.

Maethor & Rhauthain are following Naiore's trail & are just outside Bree, probably within sight of the gate.

Avanill is at the Prancing Pony or on his way there.

Naiore & Barrold are in Barrold Ferney's house with Vanwe tied up in the cellar.

Kaldir is slipping into Bree from the North.

Benia & Gilly are in Kaldir's campsite north of Bree.

[ September 27, 2003: Message edited by: Ealasaide ]
Old 09-27-2003, 02:25 PM   #372
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Tolkien

Hey, thanks for the thing where everybody is now, Elesaide...would it be alright if I had Maethor head off to the Prancing Pony in the post that I plan to write, hopefully tonight?

Old 09-27-2003, 03:08 PM   #373
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Sting

I figured that Maethor and Rauthain were near enough Bree to see it, (on the outskirts I guess). Which compass direction I don't know. Sounds like to the east would be best.

Toying with the idea of having Rauthain hang back and not go to the Pony, but it sounds like he should be there.

Are we also going to introduce the new ranger? I suppose we need Nerindel's input for that question. Some one could or should explain Hanasian's absence.
Old 09-27-2003, 04:35 PM   #374
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Sting

Here's what Nerindel had to say about the new Ranger (directed mostly to Hilde & Imladris):

Quote:
you can rejoin Amandur in the prancing pony and have him introduce Dúlrain and I will edit their (Amanadur & Dúlrain) meeting in front of Léspheria's when I return Also Lespheria has entered the prancing pony and will tell the rangers that she sensed her nearby.
Does that help?
Old 09-27-2003, 04:40 PM   #375
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Sting

Quote:
I figured that Maethor and Rauthain were near enough Bree to see it, (on the outskirts I guess). Which compass direction I don't know. Sounds like to the east would be best.
Oops! Sorry, Hilde. I will correct my post. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-27-2003, 04:49 PM   #376
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Sting

Thanks, Ealasaide for refreshing my memory! (DOH!) [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-27-2003, 04:52 PM   #377
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Tolkien

Maethor has been posted. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I'm sorry if my writing hasn't been up to par lately...I have just been really tired for the last few weeks because of school and tons and tons of homework.

Old 09-27-2003, 04:58 PM   #378
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Sting

No need to apologize, Imladris! Your writing has been just fine. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] We all understand time constraints.
Thanks for posting!
Old 09-27-2003, 08:52 PM   #379
Elora
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Okey Dokey [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

My thoughts of events in Bree for my posse of characters were as follows:

*Naiore has to learn of Menecin's presence at Imladris. Her plans to attack the Shire are then changed, seeing Menecin as a greater risk and danger, her personal reasons and her suspicion that Menecin is using Vanwe. She'll use Vanwe against him and Imladris.

*Naiore makes a concerted effort to further gull Vanwe whilst in Bree. It is easier to do there than on the road.

*Barrold needs to meet up with the underworld figures. I figured this would happen when he is out getting supplies for Naiore's attack on the Shire.

*Barrold will probably stumble across the news of Menecin. How he will do this I do not yet know. He won't know what it means, but sense that it is of great worth to Naiore and so furnishes it in return for a small sum of say, hmmmmmm 50 gold? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

*Naiore will change her plans and will need help if she is to take on Imladris. She sends Barrold to find help. He brings back the underworld types and the group is formed. It is a group of little loyalty and trust.

*Naiore sets off with the group and Vanwe for Imladris. She would be duly tracked and followed.

Does that help at all?
Characters: Rosmarin: Lady of Cardolan; Lochared: Vagabond of Dunland; Simra: Daughter of Khand; Naiore: Lady of the Sweet Swan; Menecin: Bard of the Singing Seas; Vanwe: Lost Maiden; Ronnan: Lord of Thieves; and, Uien of the Twilight
Old 09-28-2003, 05:32 AM   #380
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Sting

Yes, that helps quite a bit. Thank you. Is this all to take place in a day or two RPG time, or longer?
Old 09-28-2003, 02:04 PM   #381
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Sting

Thanks, Elora! That helps quite a lot.
I do have another question:

Quote:
*Barrold needs to meet up with the underworld figures.
How many others is he going to recruit (besides Avanill)? Not that it matters...just curious.
Old 09-28-2003, 05:30 PM   #382
Elora
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Well now, interesting question indeed. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

He will certainly recruit Avanill.... mayhap Ealasaide's horse thief too...

Naiore could have an army and still Imladris would likely fend her off. Elrond chose his site for the defensive haven in the 2nd Age well. Plus, she will want to move swift and quiet.

Barrold doesn't trust himself, much less any colleagues in his line of work.

So, unless someone wants to play another underworld character, I figure Barrold would recruit Avanill and do business with Cobhran Tucker to obtain some freshly stolen horses. Fast ones.... Naiore will be happy to pay a price for the right mounts. She does not stint on necessities such as decent horses, weapons and the like and she has a remnant of the wealth she amassed over Two Ages of terror.
Old 09-29-2003, 02:53 PM   #383
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Sting

Oh, yes! Cobhan Tupper would love to get involved here! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Also, could you ask Barrold to mind his language? Cursing is not permitted in the Downs. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-29-2003, 02:58 PM   #384
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Nerindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Sting

I'm back [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

WOW! lots to think about and reading to catch up on [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Ealasaide sorry about the rangers being ahead, but I assumed that her trail would grow cold in Bree and Kaldir knowing 'people' that the goodly rangers wouldn't, would then gain the upperhand! and trail her as she leaves?

after scanning the new posts here is how I see my characters progressing:

1/ Amandur will meet Dúlrain, while trying to get info from the less reputable folk of Bree, he will not find Barrold Ferney for though he knows of him he knows not were he hides, only that he frequents the Prancing Pony, hence meeting Dúlrain and the others when they arrive.

2/Léspheria finds Amandur and Dúlrain in the inn (also Rauthain and Maethor, if they are there before I post?).

3/once together and all is told they must decide what they should do next, will they search about the farm houses were Léspheria sensed Naiore? or will they continue to question the less reputatal folk of Bree until they find out something?

4/Léspheria has to somehow find out that Naiore has learned that Menecin is in Imladris,
Elora here is one idea: Barrold takes Avanill to raid the old ranger Tallas' supplies, there they can come across his notes regarding Menecin, Naiore, Valindon, Vanwe and Léspheria? they will have to mortally wound him and leave him for dead, thus Léspheria will sense something amiss as they pass back through the woods and she and Amandur will ride to his hut and find him and before he dies he will tell them what has happened, and together they will put two and two together and assume the worst. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

OK, I have printed out the new posts and will work on something for Amandur and Léspheria.
Old 09-29-2003, 04:56 PM   #385
Elora
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Great idea Nerindel. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I'll happily seize it! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Tallas will be near by Bree, I take it.

Ealasaide, fine! I'll take Cobhan Tucker and not Cobhran Tucker if you prefer! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] (Truth be told, my browser was loading slow and I ran out of patience in my skimming to check his name spelling. My apologies!)

I'll do my best to curb Barrold's vocabularly.... but I wouldn't be surprised if "Blimmey" (troll speak) and "Garn" still slip out. He's not a man overly concerned with social niceties, shall we say. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-29-2003, 05:55 PM   #386
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Question

Your know after seeing this twice from dear Ealasaide, you would think I could remember it, but I came across it and thought to bring it up before we get ahead of ourselves.

Quote:
I have a PM into Elora suggesting that Kaldir pick up on Naiore, et al, by seeing Barrold disposing of the stolen horse & following him to the house. Being outnumbered (Naiore, Barrold, Avanill, & Vanwe), he would not approach her at this time.
I would imagine that this should happen before the incident with Tallas. What say you Ealasaide?

And welcome back Nerindel!

[ September 29, 2003: Message edited by: Hilde Bracegirdle ]
Old 09-30-2003, 08:51 AM   #387
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Sting

Hi, Nerindel, welcome back! Don't worry about those posts that put Kaldir behind the others on the way to Bree. Apparently, I was in my own little time zone. It's all fixed now. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Hilde - sorry, not to have clarified this earlier, but there has been a slight change of plan regarding Kaldir, Barrold, & Naiore that Elora & I worked out by PM. Kaldir will intercept Barrold on his way back from ditching the gelding & they are going to have a little conversation. I hope to get to that post today. THEN he will discover where Naiore is holed up. But, yes, I would think that would take place before the incident with Tallas.

Elora - how about Cobhan TUPPER? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] And, yes, I think a little trollspeak would be prefectly acceptable, especially from the likes of Barrold!

[ September 30, 2003: Message edited by: Ealasaide ]
Old 09-30-2003, 10:20 AM   #388
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Thumbs up

Very good, thanks for the clarification, Ealasaide. Rauthain's not ready to pack it in for the night, so now I can have him out and about without interupting anybody. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 09-30-2003, 02:37 PM   #389
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Sting

Quote:
Great idea Nerindel. I'll happily seize it!
Tallas will be near by Bree, I take it.
I had to read over my post, but I put Tallas' hut south west of Archet but east of Combe (in Fonstads map it's the trianglular wooded area next to Combe)

here's the description of his hut:

Quote:
"Well, we are here!" he said gesturing to a small ring of majestic oaks. Hidden within sat a small wooden house, which even her elven eyes had not perceived until he pointed it out.

"Stay close!" She whispered to the white mare as she followed Tallas through the green and brown wooden door. A small copper kettle whistled over the fire in the dimly lit room and the musty smell of the dried herb's that hung from the rafters reach her nose. On a small oak table by the south facing window sat two earthen ware mugs and a platter of fresh bread and cheese.

"well! do you plan to stand there all day or will you join me for tea" he laughed indicating the vacant chair across from him. Removing her bow and sitting Léspheria's eyes fell on the shelves that lined the length and breadth of the north wall, various vials, jars and bottles sat neatly upon the shelves.
Old 09-30-2003, 06:03 PM   #390
Elora
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Ealasaide, who the devil is Cobhan Tupper, garn it? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] :P [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Don't know who you're talking about.

*slaps own knee in appreciation of her hilarity. "Me so funny."*

Nerindel, thanks. Think I'll have Naiore and co encounter Tallas on their way to sneak into the Shire, where a change of plans undergoes. That way, they switch directions and should make it more interesting for those tracking her. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2003, 04:18 AM   #391
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Sting

Ok, everyone!

I plan to have the hobbit thief Toby Longholes overhear a conversation between Barrold and Avanill and he will tell Amandur that the two are in cahoots [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

I think then that Léspheria and the rangers will go back to the farm houses where she sensed Naiore, but Naiore will already be gone, some where here we will also find Kaldir et al's trial ahead of us.

is this ok with everyone else?
Old 10-01-2003, 06:13 AM   #392
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Sting

Nerindel - I am just starting a post that has Rauthain showing up at the Prancing Pony, I will try to hurry with it and will mention how the gelding's tracks have gone off to the west but it seemed unburdened and the boot marks alongside were of a man's.

Please let me know if I should put in a save before you post.
Old 10-01-2003, 06:19 AM   #393
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Sting

As we are going to use Tallas again I have prepared a short Bio for him, I will also prepare Bios for Dúlrain and Toby Longholes. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Hilde don't worry about putting up a save! I will not be posting again untill Maethor and Rauthain have joined us in the inn. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Name: Tallas

Race: Man (Unknown origins, The elves suspect he is Dunedain)

Weapons: Tallas' only weapon appears to be the wooden staff that supports his frail frame, but hidden inside the staff is a long sword with a slender blade.

Appearance: To all appearances Tallas looks to be nothing more than an old hermit, Dressed in a shabby woollen robe, tied at the waist by a well worn brown leather belt.

His shoulder length hair is grey, as are his eyes and beard which is tucked in his belt. He has a wooden staff which supports his seemingly frail body, but these things are deceptive, for in need he is swift and agile.
To those who look years of wisdom and foreknowledge can be seen in his eyes.

Personality/Strength/Weaknesses: Tallas' long years and foresight have made him wise and patient. He will always help those who request his assistance, but he hold no love for those who seek to cause harm to others. He is a solitary man and finds comfort in the peacefulness of the Chetwood.

Although advanced in his years he seems not to have lost much of his ability to wield both staff and sword. Tallas is a peaceful man but when angered a fire burns within that seems to give him added strength.

History: Not much is know of Tallas' history, but nearly all the rangers of the north have dealt with or heard of him.

After the War of the Ring Tallas settled in the calming woods of Chetwood, where he trades medicines and potions with those of a goodly nature. He also is a friend of the elves of Rivendell and Elladan and Elohir. Hearing of his foresight sent him notes that they gather on Naiore and Menecin, hoping his foresight will give clues as to the outcome of their dilemma.

Tallas also helped Léspheria's mother when she sought out her cousin, he also kept notes on Valaindon and her daughter Léspheria foreseeing that all four where connected.

His only notes on Vanwe are his recent sighting of her and what Léspheria has told him.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Name: Toby Longholes

Race: Hobbit (Breelander)

Weapons: Dagger and belt knife

Appearance: Toby is 2ft 9" and is thin by the standard of hobbits, he has sharp pointy features, most unusual for one his race and he has dark brown curly hair and keen rich brown eyes.

Toby wears cream/brown shirts, brown trousers that are held up by yellow braces and green waistcoats all made of the finest material his stolen wealth can buy. he also has a brown travelling cloak.

Personality/Strength/Weaknesses:Toby is nearly always complaining about something or other, he hates the peaceful happy hobbits of the shire. When cornered Toby is quick to shift blame to others and will sell out anyone if it saves his own skin or if the price is high enough. He is quite fierce when angered and is proficient with both dagger and knife, he is also extremely stubborn and speaks his mind.

Tobys main strengths is his stealth and his slight of hand that makes him an excellent thief.

His main weakness is his greed and his love of fine ales, when drunk Toby has a loose tongue and boasts alot about his accomplishments.

History: During the war Toby worked for Bill Ferny, he stole for him and spied on the hobbits of the shire, but after Sharkys end he stole back into Bree and hid until his small part was forgotten, but not all forgot and it was not long before Toby was visited by Barrold, Bills cousin, he knew of Tobys skills in thievery and spying on others, he often used him to these ends.

Although Toby holds no love for the villainous scoundrel, together their thievery has become quite profitable, Toby stealing and Barrold selling their bounty to the black market, of course he his aware that Barrold takes the bigger share of the profits, but he pick pockets and none of this he shares with Barrold.

[ October 01, 2003: Message edited by: Nerindel ]
Old 10-01-2003, 03:09 PM   #394
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Tolkien

Garn!! Gone for a few days and two completely new characters. So there's going to be an attack on the old hermit in Chetwood and is that when everybody comes together and they find out that Menecin is in Imladris? Or do they still come together at the inn...(sorry, in a rush at the library....try to go on the thread again later.)

Old 10-01-2003, 03:11 PM   #395
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Sting

Much obliged to you, Nerindel. Now if I can get the durn thing writ up! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Hey Imladris, I believe Maethor should be at the Inn right about now, (if he didn't get side tracked, that is!)

[ October 01, 2003: Message edited by: Hilde Bracegirdle ]
Old 10-01-2003, 03:22 PM   #396
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Tolkien

Okay, cool...maybe I can whip up a post for Maethor real quick...

Old 10-01-2003, 06:31 PM   #397
Elora
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Good stuff Imladris! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Great idea Nerindel! [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Plots, eavesdropping, twisted minds and uncertain allies.... just love it. Gimme some intrigue any day.

Thanks for the bios. They'll be fantastically handy.

Now, as for Vanwe. Some of you may be puzzling over why I put a post up for that character. Afterall, she's not going anywhere or doing anything that advances the RP right now.

I'm laying the groundwork for Vanwe's descent. She has a long way to fall, pushed down the slope by her mother. She'll be betrayed, her life will be threatened... she'll run afoul of Barrold, who will take out his anger and dislike of women and her mother upon Vanwe.

In short, I'm throwing Vanwe into a pit. She needs to be at rock bottom by the time they arrive at Imladris - hopless of any way out, all hope abandoned. I figure that would make Vanwe amenable to entering Imladris so as to get Naiore in. But, she'll get caught also. Vanwe needs not to care about anything, about her life, her future and anything she takes on.

Listless and depressed, careless of herself and therefore easily given tasks to do and easily caught. Naiore is undertaking a long dismantling of any sense of determination, self identity and self worth. She's deconstructing her own child - a ravenning... and she's reaping the "reward" which is Vanwe's distress, pain, anguish and rage.

The only thing that saves Vanwe is that she does get caught and her mother's arts can no longer weave about her constantly.

Vanwe has to sink to rock bottom to know her own mettle and to understand what she is actually capable of.

So, my last Vanwe post had her on the beginning of the slide. Plus, it was an opportunity for Lespheria to know for certain that Vanwe was in Bree somewhere. It occured to me that Naiore could have quite easily killed Vanwe and dumped her on the trail. So that deals with any doubt on that score.

[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-02-2003, 10:39 AM   #398
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Pipe

There you go Nerindel, the gang's all here! Please let me know if there is anything that needs to be changed, not that there is much meat in the post!

Nice to see Maethor made it, I was worried with all the villianous thugs about! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-04-2003, 12:45 PM   #399
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Sting

Speaking of thugs, where is Avanill? Did he enter the Inn Everdawn?
Old 10-04-2003, 05:34 PM   #400
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Sting

Hey everyone,
I've just edited my last post for Léspheria, I re-read my last post and didn't like it [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] so I changed it slightly. It also occurred to me that not many elves would have passed through Bree, so Léspheria's presence would be noted in the inn.

Ok, now I am at a loss, The rangers are ready (I think) to go search the farm houses where Léspheria sensed Naiore.

But I think we are waiting for Kaldir to find Naiores trail, Barrold to met with Avanill, (so Toby can over hear something profitable) and for Naiore to leave???

I'm not trying to rush anyone I just want to be sure this is where we are at [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]