Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-08-2003, 01:01 PM   #201
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Samwise has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Samwise
Sting

Sam nudged Tennyson. "Lad, I see Mr. Frodo, could you please go an' get Miss Stacey an' Tiny Rose? "

Tennyson nodded and whirred outside.

Mimi and Sam went to the table with the others. "It's almost impossible t' find anyone in here. " he said, gratefully sitting down next to his friend.
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Old 05-08-2003, 01:37 PM   #202
kittiewhirl1677
Shade of Carn Dûm

kittiewhirl1677 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to kittiewhirl1677
Sting

The girl started coming around, and Eladoriel shook her to fully awaken her.

"What is this place? I was just running and..."

"What were you doing? Why were you running?"

"I was running after-"

She was about to say who, but then the door burst open. A big warg came in, and growled at the girls.

"I think we'd better run..." Eladoriel said.

Nodding, the other girl jumped up from the couch and they headed for a door on the other side of the room. The warg ran after them, but they managed to open the door in time and shut it with a bang. They stood on the other side, panting.

"Close one..." The girl said.

"Tell me 'bout it..." Eladoriel said.

"We'd better keep running. There's no telling how many wargs may be on the loose, just waiting to run into live flesh..."

Eladoriel nodded, and they quickly exited through another door.

"Smells like... smells like rotting flesh out here! Eew!" Eladoriel told the other girl, sniffing, then pinching her nose in disgust.

They rounded a corner, and found an elf with a bleeding arm on the floor.

"Wha...?" The girl began.

The elf looked up and said, "Help me. I need to stand."
Eladoriel and the girl slowly lifted her up.
"A warg just jumped at me out of nowhere..."
The girl continued.

Suddenly, Eladoriel heard a sound of many feet running in their direction.

"That must be the people I heard running before... They might be able to help. They're the ones Menelien went running with."

The other two nodded. Eladoriel and the girl helped the elf get to one side of the hallway, so that she wouldn't get trampled. The other two stood in the middle of the hall, staring ahead.

It was the stupidest thing they could have done. Soon enough, the crowd of runners came at them at a breakneck speed, unable to stop. The first runners collided with the two girls, starting a chain reaction in which everyone behind the front runners crashed too.
Old 05-08-2003, 02:13 PM   #203
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
GaladrieloftheOlden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Thumbs up

Menelien walked onto the stage, running her hand through her hair and smoothing her dress, breathing heavily. She walked towards the microphone, forcing her panting mouth into a shape remotely resembling a smile. “I... I have the honor... of... of presenting to you... another award,” she forced out, scolding herself inwardly I should have gotten ready for this beforehand! This won’t do at all! Menelien composed herself, forcing the next words to come out evenly, without (too much of) a pause between them. “You all know, we all know, that there are many wonderful people out here on the Barrow Downs. Many of them spend their time starting fads. But there are few fads that spread all over the Downs until almost every single fan knows them. The award I am here to present is to the inventors of one of these.” Menelien uncrumpled a piece of paper in her hand, and read: “The Award for best blend of Disco, Bandwidth, and the hunka-hunka Boromir in Middle-earth Mayhem - Make your Own Crazy Scene With Pics section goes to Airehiriel, Rynoah, and Oddwen!” The roar of the cloud at that was deafening. Menelien suspected that the skin on their hands would not feel good when they went back home. “The Best Disco in Town” boomed from the loudspeakers as the trio walked up. She handed them their Denethor Bobblehead statuettes, supressed a giggle at their faces, a bit surprised at the rather strange trophies, and walked off stage.
It’s the best disco in town, number one in disco sound
It’s the place where hip people meet, hey, hey
It’s the best disco in town, bump and boogie all around
It’s no place to sit in your seat, hey, hey

DJ’s are the best there, you’ll never get a rest there
You may meet the right girl or guy
When they play the right groove your body makes the next move
Get up on the floor and get down to see that the music can take you high

It’s the best disco in town, funky music pound for pound
Join the crowd, come on dance and sing, hey, hey
It’s the best disco in town, people come from miles around
It’s the place to do your own thing, hey, hey...

Menelien listened attentively from backstage as the three girls read off their acceptance speeches. First Airehiriel, then Rynoah, then Oddwen...

Airihiriel’s Post
Airehiriel heard her name being called and she stood up in shock and surprise. She walked down an aisle way with a broad smile on her face. Unfortunately she failed to notice a stray leg sticking out in the aisle way. She tripped over it, and with embarassement picked herself up and patted the leg.
"Sorry!" She said to the owner of the leg.

She continued on the long trek through the hall and walked up the stairs. She hoped the Orc who was hit with her shoe wasn't looking right now. She smiled at Menelien and lovingly took her award.
"I can't believe it!" She said staring at the assembled group. "Thank you so much!"
She smiled as those who were awake finished clapping for her.
"I was inspiried to make Crazy Scenes with Pics on the Crazy Captions thread. I really made it for my own amusement. I had no idea it would turn out to be such a hit!
"I would like to thank all my partners in crime...uh, I mean, laughter. Unfortunately there are so many! I would like to mention a few though. Thank you Rynoah, for starting the whole Disco King craze! Who can forget the contest and all the insanity that ensued. I would also like to thank Oddwen, not only does she post a bunch of great stuff, but she is the orginator of the now famous, or infamous, DO THE WAVE!"
Airehiriel proceed to lead the group in a few waves for the Disco King.
"I'd also like to thank the Barrow Wight for putting up with my inability to read some things all the way through! Sorry!" She said with a sheepish smile.
"Thank you to all who have participated in this thread. There are several of you, and you know who you are. I just wish I had time to name you all! I love all that you do, and all the encouraging laughs that we get from some who don't post scenes, but do enjoy their visit. Stop by some time if you haven't been there. It's in Middle Earth Mayhem. My favorite haunt.
"Once again, I'd just like to thank you all!"

(Back to Menelien’s Perspective)
Next, Rynoah began to speak: "I'd like to thank the Academy, John Travolta for jumping in my head, Ninecompanions.net for the pictures and Oddwen for picking up the whole disco trend. This award is dedicated to Boromir; without you and your exceptional groove, none of this would be possible! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
... and DO THE WAVE for Boromir the Disco King! For Gondor, James!”
Menelien who was beginning to get a bit bored, snorted the beer she had been drinking backstage from her nose in a most un-ladylike manner at the last line, then composed herself when she realized she was beginning to get evil looks from everyone around her. And last, Oddwen: -"I'd like to thank my Dad for giving me his wacked out sense of humor; my Mom for letting me stay online for hours at a time; my siblings Tweak and Pookie for their encouragement; Rynoah the Overly Happy for her inspiration; Airehiriel for starting the thread, and all the Downers who posted on the thread. And especial thanks to the great, mighty, wonderous Barrow-Wight for creating this site.”
Menelien thought she saw the green cloudy figure in the top box move slightly, looking down. She walked out from backstage by the back exit and made her way towards her seat, sucessfully avoiding Eladoriel, and started in on one of her best imitations of sleep.
Old 05-08-2003, 02:36 PM   #204
Arafangwen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: WtR: 413 miles/Floating happily across the floor in the arms of The Phantom.....
Arafangwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Arafangwen Send a message via AIM to Arafangwen
Silmaril

Arafangwen jumped out of her chair and cheered as random shouts of "Do the wave for Boromir the disco king!" erupted throughout the room (she of course joined in all of the passing waves) for the award was justly given and recieved.

"Menelien, you were great!" Arafangwen said as Menelien returned to her seat nearby.

"Sure I was." Menelien said sarcasticly as she rolled her eyes and tried her best to pretended she was going to sleep.

"Of course you were!" Arafangwen replied as the other elf rolled over in her chair and attempted to look asleep. This did not fool Arafangwen though, for she was the master of fake sleeping(she had been able to fool every single person she knew from the time she was six(she didn't remember much before that)). She decided to leave her alone though, knowing that when someone did that, they usualy wanted to be alone and think for awhile.

"I wonder where LinGalad and Firondoiel disapeared to." she thought to herself realizing she was once again alone, besides the sleepers all around her.

[ May 08, 2003: Message edited by: Arafangwen ]
Old 05-08-2003, 02:50 PM   #205
Firondoiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Firondoiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Firondoiel was on her way back from the little girls room when she heard the award anounced. She cheered and did the wave along with the rest of the audience. Those that were still conscious that is.

"I wonder where LinGalad and Firondoiel have disapeared too." she heard Arafangwen say as she approached from behind. She tapped her friend on the shoulder.

"Boo!" She said as Arafangwen whirled around.

"There you are! Where have you been?" Arafangwen asked.

"Oh no where really." Firondoiel replied. "You did a good job up there Menelien!" she said to her other elven friend.

"Yeah, if you say so." Menelien said dryly.

Firondoiel excused herself and went to congratulate Airehiriel, Rynoah, and Oddwen.

[ May 08, 2003: Message edited by: Firondoiel ]
"Forth, and fear no darkness. Arise. Arise, Riders of Théoden. Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered. A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride! Ride for ruin and the world's ending!"
Old 05-08-2003, 02:58 PM   #206
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Stacey came back from the bar, managing to have found a carafe in which she could put coffee.

"Well, at least we've got each other." she said, listening to several of the attendee's
snores, which included half of their table.

Primrose chuckled. "You should hear Papa snore. It sounds something like this room right now. "

Sam frowned. "Primrose! "

Stacey tried to hold back a chuckle--she did remember hearing something once about Sam snoring contently--'if a log could be content....' she poured herself some coffee and started drinking it before she could laugh too hard.
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Old 05-08-2003, 02:59 PM   #207
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Pipe

Menelien sighed and rolled over, answering Arafangwen and Firondoiel's comments with half-closed eyes. Then she really began to drift off, hoping somebody would wake her up soon, or else her sleep patters would get even more disrupted. (I don't know what I could mean by 'even more', as I already fall asleep at 4:30 in the morning, come to school at 12, and basically sleep through the rest of it [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] , and Arafangwen, believe me, I am also great at fake sleeping... [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] )
Old 05-08-2003, 03:59 PM   #208
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

HerenIstarion is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to HerenIstarion
Sting

'She left' H-I was reflecting sadly, 'what the point of duelling with Squatter than? Still more I never intended to harm him, and, of course, never wished to be harmed myself, all with his swordsman skills. He looks shaved, do they have barber's backstage? I would like to have on myself'

[ May 10, 2003: Message edited by: HerenIstarion ]

- Would you believe in the love at first sight?
- Yes I'm certain that it happens all the time!
Old 05-08-2003, 04:55 PM   #209
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morai has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Morai Send a message via Yahoo to Morai Send a message via Skype™ to Morai
Silmaril

Morai's monotonous keyboard tapping was interupted by the "waves". She laughed to herself as she watched the whole auditorium erupt, including her date. Not a single drop of alcohol in her, Morai was fully awake. (Except the drained-brain from science and math tests)

Sudenenly Morai's stomach growled loudly. Pulling Harlon back into his seat, she put the computer into his lap and "stomped" off. To hold her balance, Morai grabbed the seats in front of her as she went along.

Finally inside the cafe, Morai saw a Snack Shack. At first glance, it appeared empty. As she neared the shack, Morai noticed a hobbit behind the counter.

"Um, greetings. Do ya have any power bars?" Morai asked.

"Yeah, what flavor? We have Lembas, flamin' barlog, rich-in-chocolate-dragon, and vanilla mithril." The hobbit replied.

" I'll have the chocolate one, thanks."
Morai clomped back to her seat. Before reaching her destination, Morai tripped over her own phone cord....
Old 05-08-2003, 05:05 PM   #210
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Stacey glanced backward when she heard a THUD. She saw a man with a laptop sitting in the back, looking distressed.

Thankful for a chance to stretch, she got up and walked back to the row. She saw a woman sprawled on the floor. "Are you okay?" Stacey asked, offering her hand.

First the one that ran into the wall, now this. Good thing I took a First Aid refresher course a couple of weeks ago......
Old 05-08-2003, 05:20 PM   #211
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Send a message via MSN to Morai Send a message via Yahoo to Morai Send a message via Skype™ to Morai
Silmaril

Morai looked up and found a hobbit offering her hand. With Morai's large platform boots, Stacey found it difficult to pull the young woman off the floor. After one last heave, Morai stood up.

"Hi, my names Morai, thanks for helping me up." Pointing over to Harlon, she said, "And that's Harlon Nowane, the best fool ever to cartweel into the Downs."
Old 05-08-2003, 05:38 PM   #212
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

Lanthiriel (VanimaEdhel in disguise) ran into the room, blushing a bit.

"I apologize," she said quickly, "For not being here! I have not really been balancing school and Role-Playing all that well as of late, what with softball games and 'The Laramie Project' rehearsals."

Lanthiriel ran up to the podium and looked in awe at the Downie.

"And I was prepared to spend a nice evening applauding for others," she muttered to herself.

She took her Downie and ran off the stage, not wanting to steal the spotlight from other more-deserving winners of the award. She jumped down from the stage and hugged her date, in the form of Ransom.
Old 05-08-2003, 05:49 PM   #213
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Stacey nodded to the man with the laptop. "Hello."

She smiled back at Morai. "The majority of my party's asleep, I'm afraid." she looked at the laptop. "Should have known I'd need to bring something to do. Oh, well, live and learn. "
Old 05-08-2003, 06:03 PM   #214
Firondoiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Firondoiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

After Firondoiel heartily congratulated the winners she started back towards her seat. On her way she noticed The Phantom in the crowd. All of sudden she stopped short and her face held a puzzled look. Why don’t I feel like I used to? She thought as she finally continued on. “What’s wrong Firondoiel?” asked Arafangwen when she reached her friends.

“I just realized something, I…” Firondoiel trailed off.

“Yes?” Arafangwen prompted.

“I don’t feel certain feelings that I once did towards a certain someone.” Firondoiel said hesitantly.

“Oh?” Arafangwen raised her eyebrows and glanced towards The Phantom.

“I think I just had a…um, “schoolgirl crush” you might say.” Firondoiel said with her cheeks reddening.

“Don’t be embarrassed. You’re over it now right?” Arafangwen asked.

“Yeah. But I’ve made a fool of myself haven’t I?” Firondoiel asked.

Arafangwen shook her head. “No. Don’t worry about it”

“All right.” Firondoiel sighed with relief and settled into her chair.
"Forth, and fear no darkness. Arise. Arise, Riders of Théoden. Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered. A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride! Ride for ruin and the world's ending!"
Old 05-08-2003, 07:07 PM   #215
kittiewhirl1677
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Eladoriel picked herself up. She had banged her head very hard against a wall, and she couldn't think straight any longer. Ignoring the pile of struggling bodies below her, she walked off and back to the hall. There, she found her friends and sat back down, only to realize that Menelien was still missing. Just as she was about to get up to look around, she saw her on stage.

Eladoriel smiled, remembering the speech Menelien was going to present. When the speech was over and the award-winners had spoken, the elf had joined them all in doing the wave for Boromir the Disco King.

Menelien was back down soon enough, falling asleep.

"Hey, Menelien that was great. And sorry I was following you around so much. After that chandelier incident, I got kinda creeped that you would kill yourself..."

Menelien sleepily shrugged, and added a silent "Mm. Whateva. Okay."
Eladoriel soon closed her eyes and began slowly to drift off to sleep(well, only for the short pause between the award presenters), forgetting about everything...
Old 05-08-2003, 08:04 PM   #216
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Sam reached over and nudged the sleeping Frodo. "Sir? Sir, wake up. You're missin' folks gettin' their awards an' all. "

The elder Hobbit murmured, but did not move.
Old 05-09-2003, 07:05 AM   #217
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
The Saucepan man clapped, rattled and clinked enthusiastically as Airehiriel, Rynoah, and Oddwen received their awards, proudly remembering his own contribution to their disco dance antics and letting out a chuckle as he recalled Gandalf's Stop in the Name of Love routine.

As the inevitable *WAVE* rippled through the audience in Mexican fashion, Saucepan of course joined in with a great clattering and clanking, before settling back down into his seat.
Old 05-09-2003, 07:30 AM   #218
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Helkahothion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Helkahothion Send a message via AIM to Helkahothion
Eye

Helkahothion looked around. There was nothing going on at the moment. No downies. No party.

"Might as well go to sleep"

Helkahothion closed his eyes and snored loudly. Dumbledore zapped him once or twice, but he did not care.

[ May 09, 2003: Message edited by: Helkahothion ]
Old 05-09-2003, 08:06 AM   #219
Tarien Ithil
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tarien Ithil has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Tarien smiled as she watched Rynoah and the others go up to recieve their awards.

She was new to the Downs, but hoped that someday, she'd go up and get an award, whatever it may be for. She smoothed her shimmering dress and popped a flake of lembas in her mouth and clapped loudly.

Crickhollow
Old 05-09-2003, 12:30 PM   #220
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Silmaril

Diamond once again left her seat, and slunk backstage. A few minutes later she reappeared, bearing three Golden Tombstones—one in each hand and the third balanced atop her head. She carefully walked up to the microphone and announced, “Do not go to sleep! You know who you are out there, snoring, drooling, dreaming! The best is yet to come, so sit up and assume the proper posture for attentiveness.”

She paused a moment to allow the audience to comply, or not comply as was sometimes the case, and then continued:

“In the various RPGs that grace this forum, many people do wild and crazy things through their characters. But there is one estimable member of our estimable group, who has thrown aside all things vicarious in favor of real adventures in real places at real times during real nights…

“Therefore, it is now my utmost pleasure to present the Mary Shelley Award for Dubious Yet Manly Actions After-hours in a Fenced-Off Cemetery to The one, The only, Squatter of Amon Rûdh!”

Diamond would have clapped for the recipient, except that her hands were full. She contented herself with smiling somewhat stiffly (wouldn’t want to move the head too much, now) out at the crowd while they thundered their approval. As the audience’s applause died down, she said, “As you can see, I have more awards to give, so don’t think you’re getting rid of me that easily.

“Continuing on: we all know that many of our members are tremendously fond of word play and literary jokes. There is one member who, time and again, has demonstrated amazing self-restraint in avoiding any activity that presumes to poke fun at the English language. Therefore, this second Tombstone is the well-earned property of said member, and it is my further pleasure to present the Punwraith Association’s Two Cents Award for Significant Lifetime Achievement in Eschewing Lower Forms of Humour to Rimbaud!”

Ditto paragraph 5.

“Next, I would like to present this award here atop my head, (and this will be by far my greatest pleasure yet, as it’s rather heavy) to a member I have known as one of the most altruistic dwarves to grace a roleplay. Furthermore, he has shown himself to be very fond of numbers, and a master of subtle sound effects. This award, however, has nothing to do with any of those things, so one might wonder why I mentioned it. I felt like it, so there.

“It is my pleasure, as I have already mentioned, to present the Cecil B. DeMille Award for Dedication to Historical Accuracy to Kuruharan!”

The crowd applauded, and Diamond added, “Now, would someone please take these awards from me???"
Old 05-09-2003, 12:44 PM   #221
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Sting

LinGalad applauded heartily. Poetry he appreciated, especially in its higher forms; tenacious attention to historical accuracy he greatly admired; and Climbing Fences Into Graveyards In The Dead Of Night he suspected was an act of deep devotion. Considering that, he also suspected that the Fenceclimber would, once won, be a very loyal friend indeed.

The applause rolled on.

[ May 09, 2003: Message edited by: mark12_30 ]
Old 05-09-2003, 01:35 PM   #222
The Squatter of Amon Rûdh
Spectre of Decay

The Squatter of Amon Rûdh is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Squatter of Amon Rûdh is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via AIM to The Squatter of Amon Rûdh
Sting

'We could fight a duel anyway if you'd like.'

Squatter was loath to turn down a good duel on the grounds of pointlessness alone, and he had thought of a way to get round the rule about weapons: 'We could fight with French loaves. That way we can eat the evidence if anyone tries to stop us!' He took a flask from his pocket and sipped delicately, very pleased with this new scheme, and at that moment Diamond dropped her bombshell.

Actually he missed the announcement, as his manly attention was occupied in sweeping the hall for a couple of bready sabres. He became aware of the sudden attention only when several rather bright lights converged on him at once, which he chose to acknowledge by raising both hands above his head. Swiftly remembering where he was he turned this gesture into a wave and walked to the stage accompanied by music so incidental as almost to be an accident.

Cheerfully returning Diamond's peck on the cheek as he'd seen done in a film once, Squatter took the trophy and made to leave, only at the last moment remembering that he was supposed to say something. Turning rather awkwardly to the podium he cleared his throat and launched into a slightly slurred speech even more improvised than his presentation address.

'Thank-you, Diamond; congratulations again on your award. It's nice to be up here receiving one in return, and I can only hope with so many to keep track of that you've given me the right one.'

With this he checked the trophy theatrically before continuing.

'Revered founder; fellow spirits: I am flabbergasted. There was I expecting to be arrested and now here I am receiving an award. I knew it was a good idea leaving out the bit about collecting spare parts, but that's another story.

I'd like to thank all those who responded so favourably to my account, and to encourage all those who expressed an interest to pay a visit to the grave of the man I like to think of as Member Number 1 (within cemetery opening hours, I might add: that fence is lethal) as soon as they can. Thanks to him for giving us all something to talk about, to the Chief Wight for giving us somewhere to do it and to his able assistants for making sure that our conversations are worth reading. I shall now go and tell my pawnbroker to clear a space on his mantlepiece. Thank you all!'

With that he turned dramatically, a gesture that was spoiled only by his slipping on the polished stage and having to grab the podium for support; then made his way back to his seat, where he began to explain to all who couldn't avoid him the relative merits of bloomers and French sticks as weapons on the field of honour.

Last edited by The Squatter of Amon Rûdh; 08-26-2005 at 02:00 PM.
Old 05-09-2003, 01:43 PM   #223
Arafangwen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: WtR: 413 miles/Floating happily across the floor in the arms of The Phantom.....
Arafangwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Arafangwen Send a message via AIM to Arafangwen
Silmaril

Arafangwen applauded the given awards as she noticed Firondoiel coming towards her with a notable look on her face. Confusion.

"What's wrong Firondoiel?" she asked when she reached their seats together.

"I just realized something, I…" Firondoiel trailed off.

"Yes?" Arafangwen prompted, she figured she knew what it was, but wanted to be sure anyways.

"I don’t feel certain feelings that I once did towards a certain someone." Firondoiel said hesitantly.

"Oh?" Arafangwen raised her eyebrows and glanced towards The Phantom, she had figured as much, but he wasn't much of a family guy.

"I think I just had a…um, "schoolgirl crush" you might say." Firondoiel said with her cheeks reddening.

"Don’t be embarrassed. You’re over it now right?" Arafangwen asked, not wanting Firondoiel's cheeks to become any more red than they already were, she was starting to look like a beet(which was very funny looking on an elf).

"Yeah. But I’ve made a fool of myself haven’t I?" Firondoiel asked.

Arafangwen shook her head. "No. Don’t worry about it." she was impressed with the girls courage, she would probably never had said any of that herself(even if it was true).

"All right." Firondoiel sighed with relief and settled into her chair.

"Good," thought Arafangwen, "she's resolved herself."

"Good to see we're both on common grounds." she said with a smile, Firondoiel just looked at her, she knew more about the situation than she could say in this public a place. But she understood and smiled back, reasuring her friend of the secrecy they shared that would remain so.
Old 05-09-2003, 01:52 PM   #224
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Sam nudged Frodo again, and again, only a murmur.

Sam:Gracious, what could be wrong?....
Old 05-09-2003, 04:18 PM   #225
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Question

*CRASH-BANG*

A terrible noise erupted from the roof. A dragon in full flight burst through the ceiling raining debris down on the audience.

The spectators started shouting like mad and ran for cover.

In the midst of the chaos the dragon landed on the stage and Kuruharan hopped off.

"Sorry," apologized the dwarf. "I'm in a bit of a hurry. I'd like to thank the Academy, my personal trainer Ralph, my pet dragon Chrysophylax, a few of the history teachers that I have had in the past, and the letter L."

The dwarf stopped for breath.

"I would like to NOT-thank most of the other history teachers that were not covered by my earlier gratitude, the large angry aardvark that bit me when I was little, and the angry mob that just chased me out of the last city that I was trying to make a deal in. What are times coming to I'd like to know? Honest business-dwarves not allowed to carry on with their buying and selling snakeoils... Anyway, Thanks to One and All!"

Then Kuruharan jumped on Chrysophylax and flew out through the hole in the roof.
Old 05-09-2003, 04:23 PM   #226
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Primrose watched the dwarf and dragon leave, then looked at her sleeping Uncle.

"I sure wish he would wake up!" she said, none too quietly.
Old 05-09-2003, 05:51 PM   #227
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Morai thanked Stacey once more and sat down. She started muching on a power bar. Giving a piece of it to Harlon, she relaxed. Suddenly the dragon entered along with the dwarf.

After the dwarf's sudden entrance, bit and pieces of roof fell over the audience. One of these unfortunate souls was Morai. A piece of plaster fell down her dress. She groaned. Morai glanced over to Harlon, he was knocked unconcious. The computer, only was covered in plaster dust.

"Man, I just sit down, and the roof collaspes on me. I just hope I make it out of here alive." Once again Morai stood up and tried to find Stacey, or her first aide kit. Hmm...I wonder if there's a subtle way to revove a piece of plaster from your bra.
Old 05-09-2003, 06:00 PM   #228
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Sam looked with concern at Frodo.

"I do wish he'd wake up."

Stacey nodded. "Me, too--yike!"

Plaster rained on them as a dwarf came to accept his award--fashionably late, on a dragon--through the celing.

Primrose covered her head, but not so much that she still couldn't look at the dragon.

Mimi glanced at Frodo and the others. Not ONE of them even moved.
Old 05-09-2003, 06:13 PM   #229
Luthien_ Tinuviel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Luthien_ Tinuviel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Luthien_ Tinuviel Send a message via MSN to Luthien_ Tinuviel
Sting

Luthien slowly snuck in the back entrance. She hoped fervently that no one would see her. She was late. Shamefully late incredibly late. Later than she had ever been to anything. "At least I'm not wearing anything very attention-drawing," she thought to herself, looking down at her light blue flowy gown with gold trim and gold flowers in her hair. She heaved a sigh of relief when she saw that everyone was too absorbed with a dragon coming through the ceiling to notice her. Now if only she could slip in quietly and find the group which called themselves the Girls' Night Out...

You know what? I love Mip.
Old 05-09-2003, 07:31 PM   #230
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand

The Saucepan Man was busy clapping Squatter, Rimbaud and Kuruharan for their well-deserved awards when Kuruharan made his entrance.

"Whoops! There goes the ceiling again" he thought to himself, as the maintenance crew shuffled lazily in, bleepers sounding in harmony, stared up at the ceiling in disbelief, stared at each other, nodded in unison and then downed tools and shuffled right out again.
Old 05-09-2003, 08:06 PM   #231
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Silmaril

“Dromedaries, rattlesnakes, and foxburs!” Diamond ejaculated, slapping her head dramatically. “I almost forgot—well, I did forgot—but, um, CUE THE MUSIC!”

In quick fashion, three songs played one on the heels of the other.

A tasteful medley of the Indiana Jones theme and “Dance Macabre” came blaring over the speakers.

Followed by the greatest hits of “The Clash”.

And rounded off with “Kuruharan and Chrysophylax’s Theme”.

Don't know much about history,
Don't know much biology.
Don't know much about a science book,
Don't know much about the Elvish I took.
But I do know that I love you,
And I know that if you love me, too,
What a wonderful world this would be.

Don't know much about geography,
Don't know much trigonometry.
Don't know much about algebra,
Don't know what a slide rule is for.
But I know that one and one is two,
And if this one could be with you,
What a wonderful world this would be.

[ May 09, 2003: Message edited by: Diamond18 ]
Old 05-09-2003, 09:14 PM   #232
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Frodo Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Maggie snapped awake with a start along with the others

"Hey! What the...? Why are we buried in plaster?"

"Darned Dragon has to make a mess like always." Frodo said with a yawn. Elrond snickered.

"I don't suppose you know how much you sound like Bilbo just now?" he smiled.

Isildae and Cromthal werechoking on plaster dust and trying to pick the peices out of their hair and off their clothes.
Old 05-09-2003, 11:11 PM   #233
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Stacey grinned. "Well, welcome back to the land of the -- um -- awake. "
Old 05-09-2003, 11:47 PM   #234
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

Menelien woke up, looked around, glanced at the dragon's tail quickly moving upwards from what used to be the ceiling without surprise, and wondered if things like this always happened when she was supposed to be asleep.
Old 05-10-2003, 06:39 AM   #235
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Helkahothion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Helkahothion Send a message via AIM to Helkahothion
Eye

Helkahothion jumped up. Dumbledore had poked him again.

"What is it?"

"I believe they are closing down this party tody. Don't want to be locked up here now would you. I just thought I'd wake you up."

"Thanks Albus. Let's go. Where did you park the firebolt's?"

"Just outside."

"OKay let's go."
Old 05-10-2003, 06:47 AM   #236
kittiewhirl1677
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Eladoriel woke up, hearing the terrible crashing noise. A dragon flew in, with a dwarf riding atop it. The dward climbed off onto the stage, and made a speach. Then he got back onto the dragon and flew away.

"That was weird." Eladoriel whispered, to no one in particular.

The moment the dragon began to fly away, Menelien woke up just to catch a glimpse of its tail.

"Damn. I always miss stuff like this when I'm asleep."

"Hmm... I've never seen a dwarf riding a dragon in my life. Actually, I've never seen a dragon period."

"Hey, El, wake me up next time something happens, okay?"

"Sure, but Menelien, why don't you just NOT go to sleep. Stuff happens litterally ALL the time here. Menel? HellO!?"
But Menelien was back down on her seat, eyes closed, snoring(okay, maybe I overexadurated here) noisily.
Old 05-10-2003, 06:53 AM   #237
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

Menelien loved making Eladoriel think she was a noisy sleeper( [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]). She actually wasn't asleep at all.Finally she sat up and said: "El, I just heard some people in front of us saying this place is going to be closed really soon. Let's leave in like 20 minutes, kay?" And, not waiting for an answer, Menelien said "Thank you." and turned in the other direction.
Old 05-10-2003, 07:05 AM   #238
kittiewhirl1677
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Menelien turned around and looked at the stage.

"Yeah, sure, 20 minutes, okay. Is there going to be a final award, Menel? Or is there going to be some closing speech or something... Or is this it?"

Eladoriel looked at Menelien, awaiting an answer.
Old 05-10-2003, 07:18 AM   #239
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

"Absolutely no idea. Should I know?" she said, yawning and quickly falling asleep in earnest... and not snoring [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] .
Old 05-10-2003, 08:10 AM   #240
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

HerenIstarion is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to HerenIstarion
Sting

H-I grinned at Squatter with a tombstone under his arm.

"Congrats, old fellow. You know, all this clamour and dragon flights in and out made me hungry. One can not live on beer, after all. What about us proceeding to the barrier right away? So to eat weaponry/evidence as soon as possible afterwards? Since I presume to be longer-armed, let me choose this shorter loaf, if you would be so merciful. It would be a great honour to have part of those in praise of beautiful lady on her way to the Old World"

[ May 10, 2003: Message edited by: HerenIstarion ]

- Would you believe in the love at first sight?
- Yes I'm certain that it happens all the time!