User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-12-2003, 06:10 PM   #41
Frodess
Haunting Spirit

Frodess has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

"Never have I crossed the paths of Lothlorien," said Tiquandel, serious for the first time since Champignonne had known him. "I have always wanted to meet Galadriel of the golden hair, for I have heard of her beauty and grace. But alas! It is so far!"

He sighed, almost imperceptively. It was a bittersweet sadness that reamined in his heart.
Old 03-12-2003, 07:39 PM   #42
Aerandir Carnesir
Wight

Aerandir Carnesir has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Aerandir sat in silence. He then said,"Wow, Talendur, amazing story...But, I've heard it somewhere before. Maybe you told it to other rangers and I overheard. Forgive me for making you tell it again. Anyhow, Where is Sulohtar? Why didn't he come with you to Bree? He may not show it, Talendur, but what you are doing for him and Ostoher is changing his life. He'll find his way someday.

Phervasaion, Talendur and I have been so pre-occupied with our own matters that you haven't told me anything about yourself. Please forgive us. What is your life story, and what have you been doing up to this point?"
Old 03-12-2003, 09:10 PM   #43
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Frodo Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

"Well, different yes, but I wasn't totally without contact from my mother and father. they visited me and I visited them often. It's just that I was closer to my master." Cromthal continued.

"Oh goodnessm Rirrym! Don't you think it's about time we got something to eat? It's nearly time for dinner. After which I want to see if the inkeeper will lend me an old tub to dye this linen."

As they walked toward the common room, Cromthal hummed a tune softly, absorbed in his own thoughts.

"Do you Bards always sing?" Asked Rirrym.

"Hm? Well, when the masters select us, they look for those with the most spirit and the biggest imaginations. They look for dreamers. They say we Bards are born with a song in our hearts and can sing before we can speak. Music is a part of us and we usually walk daily with it on our lips or in our hearts." Cromthal replied.

After a bit more small talk, they sat down to chicken, rice, bread and some fruit, with a goodly amount of ale. As Cromthal reached for the container of butter he accidentally knocked it to the floor. Fortuanately it wasn't full enough to get any on the floor. Blushing at his foolishness he bent down to pick it up and smacked his forehead on the edge of the table in the process. As he set the butter back on the table he held his head in his hand for a few moments, then looked at Rirrym.

"You can still pull out of this partnership, I'm afraid I am a bit to accident prone to be in the wild."
Old 03-13-2003, 12:41 AM   #44
Happy Hobbit

Sting

The young hobbit lass said slowly;" Ehhm...Well..Of course you can sit here."
"Thank you", Elwing said with a smile.
"And who are you?"
"I am Crystal Bolger", the hobbit lass answerd nervously.
"Pleased to meet you Crystal, I am Elwing and this is Ferri", Elwing said and ponited to Ferri.

Ferri shaked Crystals hand and smiled.
They all orderd a pint and started telling tales they heard.
After a while Crystal asked Ferri; "I've seen you before...But I dont know where...?"
"Hrm...Im Ferdibrand Baggins from Hobbiton.", Ferri answerd.
Crystal fingerd on her pint and thinked.
"Oh, yes!", she finally said, "You are a cousin to Frodo Baggins huh?"
"Yes, how did you know...?", Ferri asked confused.
"Oh, I saw you with him about 2 weeka ago", Crystal said.
"But tell me Elwing, are you from around here too?", Crystal asked.

Old 03-13-2003, 02:42 AM   #45
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Aeryn smiled at Talendur from across the table. "forgive me, Talendur, but it seems like you are lonley, i can tell by your voice. You know what! I think you need to hear a story. And Aeryn of Golden tells the best stories, now..."

she said thinking, "fact or fiction?" she asked the table.

-----

Alaemas hit Dolenmar on the shoulder. "rangers" he said. Dolenmar turned around to see the group of rangers. "from the north?" he asked.

"Cant tell, perhaps. Or if they are from the south, we have been away from civilisation for too long." he laughed. "perhaps they are here on the same business we were here on." Dolenmar said facing Alaemas. "perhaps."

----

Umbria was sitting by the window in her room, one subject played through her mind. Was she still alive? The daughter she had concieved eighteen years prior.

Under emmence strain of her eternal guilt, she had sent her half elven daughter away to Minas Tirith to live with the father that she had no feelings for. His name was Aroden, and he had died shortly after her birth, in battle.

Umbria had known this, though her daughter she was told, had died from fever. Could the rangers have truth in saying she was alive? Umbria still sat pondering.

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 03-13-2003, 12:15 PM   #46
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

"Well?" Ellie tapped her foot impatiently, waiting for Drago to speak. He gulped, and turned away. What did I do? wondered Ellie.

"If you're not speaking to me, then I shall go and talk to Champignonne" said Ellie, practically shouting at him.

Inwardly fuming she walked back over to the table. Talk? He doesn't want to talk, he wants to stand there and listen to me talk! He wants me to forgive him! Well, if he does he'll have to give me a good reason. I thought we were getting along really well, but obviously not.

She sat down in her place, absentmindedly shoving one of the new arrivals.
"Sorry" she said moodily.
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Old 03-13-2003, 03:05 PM   #47
Phervasaion
Shade of Carn Dûm

Phervasaion has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"There is a lot that has happened in my life not all of which is interesting but i shall tell you some," said Phervasaion as he took a breath to begin his story. "Well my mother was called Evoyn and my father was called Pherdur whom i respected as a Father and a Ranger."

"He tought me most of my skills with my two handed sword which is my prefered weapon, and i had some lessons off a friend with a bow. Most of my child years of life were peaceful as i learned the skills of bieng a Ranger, Until oneday there was a supprise orc attack on my village and a few Rangers incuding my father stopped behind to try and stop the orcs. I wanted to stop with them and fight but my father told me to stop with my mother and protect her and i new i had to."

"So the villagers and a few other Rangers fled the village, It was then at least three days till we made it to the next village and there i waited for my fathers return. Later only a few of the Rangers that were protecting the village returned, my father was not among them and one and one of his friends approached me and told me he had bien killed protecting the village. My fathers friend then put his hand underneath his cloak and pulled out my fathers sword and said my fathers last request was for me two have this," Phervasaion then showed the other Rangers the sword which was very well made "I have kept the sword all my life and will never part with it."

"After my fathers death i remained with my mother whom i also loved very much and i spent many years with her. In that time i was still putting my Ranger skills to the test and going out on camps with my friends. Not long ago my mother died and after this i left the village with my friend Hiardur, and as you Know i eventually ended up here,"

Phervasaion then ended his story and took a deep breath...
Old 03-13-2003, 04:37 PM   #48
Envinyatar
Quill Revenant

Envinyatar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

It had been several weeks since Derufin had been at the Inn. His wanderings had taken him to the Emyn Beraid and a bit beyond, to Mithlond. But the White Towers were deserted and only looked out to an empty sea. And at the Havens, no fair ships were docked nor none seen coming or going from the Gulf of Lhun.

It was a melancholy journey, doing nothing to lift the sadness pushed safe behind his calm grey eyes. And now here he was, walking back up the same dusty path to the great green doors of the Dragon. He paused, hand on the handle, and thinking better of it, went back down the steps and turned his steps toward the stable.

A brief rest, and a wash up, then he would brave the cheerful atmosphere of the inn.
Old 03-13-2003, 05:37 PM   #49
Horse-Maiden of the Shire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Horse-Maiden of the Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"Oh, I am from a different part of the Shire, Crystal," answered Elwing.

"What is your last name?" asked Crystal "I don't believe I have one." "Why not?" she persisted.

"Well...you see, I live alone in a wooded part of the Shire. I have no close family. I have been alone since I could remember, when Elves rescued me from certain death. That is how I got my name: Elwing, Star-spray in Elvish. I-I.." she faltered and looked down quickly at her ale. She felt several pangs of sadness as she thought of her dark past. She couldn't remember much; just dark, cold forest and Elves, beautiful Elves.

Gently Ferri asked, "Elwing? Are you alright?" She shook herself out of her reverie and said quietly, "I think I'm going to journey home now. It was lovely meeting you, Ferri, and you, Crystal," and before she could stop herself, she said "Namarie, nin mellon." Shaking her head, she apologized, embarassed. "I'm sorry. I meant farewell, my friends."

Ferri and Crystal bade her farewell as she hurried out of the inn, eyes misting. Her heart ached. Why did she always have to do that? She always got teary when talking of her past. As she prepared her pony Gil-collo for the ride home, she made her decision. She would only go to her home to get provisions. She would then journey somewhere else -she didn't know yet- to begin a new life.

[ March 13, 2003: Message edited by: Horse-Maiden of the Shire ]
Old 03-13-2003, 06:57 PM   #50
Ten'oio
Pile O'Bones

Ten'oio has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"Nice day, isn't it?" asked Inwe, stealing a sip of Aerandir's ale.
"Hello Talendur, Phervasaion." She took a seat, smiling all the while. She awoke early in the morning, and somehow ended up in the stables. While visiting with Aerandir's horse, she spoke many thoughts aloud; about her father, brother, and about home.

Even though she had placed her home far behind her, she still worried about her family. Her father was growing old, and couldn't care for himself anymore. Thoughts of her father had wandered into her mind often lately; thoughts of her brother too. He came of age days before she left home. No longer could he care for their father. He was even too feeble minded to care for himself anyways. Someday she would get see her father again, she just hoped it wouldn't be his last.

"So when do we leave for Bree?" asked Inwe, trying to steer her mind in a different direction.
Old 03-13-2003, 07:24 PM   #51
Elladan Peredhil
Animated Skeleton

Elladan Peredhil has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Rirrym smiled. "Nothing doing... I'm somewhat accident prone myself -- within minutes of arriving here I'd already hit my knee against the table over there." He pointed to the table he had been sitting at when Cromthal first arrived at the inn. "And I managed to stub my toe later that evening. I'm actually somewhat surprised that I haven't done anything yet today."

Cromthal laughed at this and Rym took another swig of ale. "They certainly give you large portions here, I'll grant them that..." Rirrym said while patting his belly. "I don't think I'll be able to eat for a month after this meal is finished."

After they finished with their meal, Cromthal asked Pio if it was possible to borrow a tin tub. At first, Pio gave him a strange look, but once he explained it's purpose, she was more than willing to oblige. Rirrym walked up behind Cromthal, reaching around to lay down the plates they had just finished eating from. "I'd be interested in seeing how you dye your outfit. Do you use special herbs to make the color stay true?"
Old 03-13-2003, 07:33 PM   #52
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Pio showed Cromthal where there was a small metal wash tub. 'You will need to wash out the cobwebs. I don't think we have used it for quite a while.'

She pointed to a small bare spot of dirt not too distant from the kitchen. 'You can put the tub there. Cook always has hot water on the hob, and you can use it for your purposes. Here is a line you can string between those two saplings over there - to hang your clothes on.'

Pio turned to walk back to the Inn, then paused and walked back to where Cromthal stood sluicing the webs and dirt from the tub with water from the pump. 'Almost forgot. Here is a bottle of white vinegar. You can use it to set the colors into the cloth. Leave it in until the clothes are dried, then rinse them in cool water and dry them again.'
Old 03-14-2003, 01:04 AM   #53
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Aeryn mooved over to let Ellie back in to sit at the table, and putting her dirty cloak under the table. "not at all" she smiled Ellie, who was obvoiusly angry.

"Are you ok?" She asked now concearned. "Here" Aeryn said handing her a new cup of coffee. "Always makes me feel better, you know, The medicine Woman in Minas Tirith makes the best coffee" she said looking at the celing as in thought.

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 03-14-2003, 04:28 AM   #54
the real findorfin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

the real findorfin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to the real findorfin Send a message via AIM to the real findorfin
Sting

Fin was remeniscing further, taking another sip of his wine, when he noticed a figure now stood beside him. He looked up to see a ravishingly attractive lady stood their.

"Hi, I was wondering if anyone was sitting there, she asked. She brushed her hair aside and Fin noticed the slight points of elvish ears. Ah, so we are both elves then!She hid them again quickly and he decided not to comment.

"Hello, my lady," he greeted, "please, be my guest." He motioned for her to sit.

She sat and looked at him, "Oh, by the way, I'm Huntress."

Fin laughed heartily, "Not you real name I daresay, but it matters not. I am Fin, traveller and friend of many."

"You have an air of someone who has been here before?" she asked, leaning forward on her arms, her green eyes shining brightly.

"What beauitful eyes," Fin thought, mesmerised for a second.

"Aye, I have been to this place. And a happy time it was too." He proceeded to retell his tale and Huntress was laughing when he told her of his and Donlammenion's dramatiation, where Don had ended up denting the floor with his sword.

"So that is why you checked the floorboard when you entered?" she asked, still giggling.

"You are observant," he said, smiling as she blushed. "You have been watching me?"

"Um.." she mumbled.

He laughed again, "I take it as an honour. For one as lovely as you to take notice of me is great praise indeed."

He took another sip of wine, finishing the glass and suddenly rose. He strode quickly over to the bar and got another glass, then returned to where Huntress sat.
He poured two glasses and gave one to her. He raised his, saying, "a toast, to new acquaintances."

[ March 14, 2003: Message edited by: the real findorfin ]
Old 03-14-2003, 07:54 AM   #55
Happy Hobbit

Pipe

Ferri was confused and wondering about Elwing for just leaving like that.
He was worried that it was something he said or did.
Crystal were going off home, but Ferri stayed at the inn. He sat alone that evening but didnt see anyone to talk to.
He talked to the Inkeeper about news from the east.
After that he walked up the stairs to his room and fell a sleep.

Next day he felt much better than before.
He walked down to eat his breakfast. It was very early in the morning so it wasnt many awaken.
It was just three others tha was eating.
He looked around in the common room to see if there were anyone that he maybe could talk to.

Old 03-14-2003, 12:07 PM   #56
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Shield

Smiling at the others, Morwyn excused herself from the conversation and slipped outside to check on her horse, Leófa. She slipped into the stable and rubbed her palm against his dark coat. She had always relied on the horse for comfort and companionship and she felt guilty for having left him alone for these last few days.

"Mmm... sorry I didn't bring a brush out my friend." She muttered as her fingers found dirt and burrs in his thick tail. She picked at the knot with her fingers, leaning close to the horse and smelling him.

The last day or so had been hard for her. She felt kinship with the Rohirrim girl, Sara, but still... she was cautious to have already told her so much... And Sara hadn't given her much information in return. The other woman, Nahai was a mystery to her. She agreed with Sara's whispered guess that there was something not entirely human about the shape of her face. Morwyn thought they might have much in common, she was obviously looking for something...

As Morwyn's fingers picked out the last of the burrs from Leófa's thick black tail, she felt his warm horsey lips tickling the back of her neck. Laughing she spun around and playfully slapped his nose. The horse gave her an innocent look. She laughed harder. "My hair is not for eating!" She imagined that Leófa looked contrite.

Suddenly serious Morwyn shook her head, "I spend too much time with the horse..." Giving him one last caress with her hand she left the stable and turned to go back into the inn.

[ May 05, 2003: Message edited by: Sophia the Thunder Mistress ]
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Old 03-14-2003, 02:04 PM   #57
PoWa
Animated Skeleton

PoWa has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

A dwarf named Fili walked straight into the the inn and over to the bardisk. He had a ale and sat down in the common room. He was very tirsty after the long trip with his pony.

He was looking for someone to talk to but it was a late evening and it was just a few that still were awake.
He was very bored and was looking down in his ale.
Old 03-14-2003, 02:57 PM   #58
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Don sobbed quietly into her hands, trying not to wake the little children. She had been convinced that Rie was her friend, but now she had been betrayed.

"As soon as those hobbits come back up for their children I'll run away and never come back," she said fiercely. "Maybe then Rie will regret she went off with that person. And I hate that person even worse than I hate Rie! I hope her brother finds her and drags her home and locks her up in a cold, dark dungeon!"

"You must understand, darling, that you're not the only person in Rie's life," said a low voice at the door.

Don looked up, startled, to see Robin standing at the door. A huge sob shook her. "But she's the only person in my life!"

"And I'm sure she knows how much you love her, and will return that love." Robin took Don in her arms. "Little one, don't you want more friends besides Rie?"

"No."

"So when she's busy you won't be alone?"

"No..."

"To have someone to turn to when Rie is with a person?" A little smile came to Robin's lips.

"Yes...."

"Then you must accept Rie having other friends. Do you know what, little one?"

"What?"

"The more friends she has, the more friends you'll have. Do you know why? Because she'll want you to meet all her friends."

Don smiled. "I have to go find Rie," she said, jumping from Robin's arms and dashing out the door. "Thank you!"
Old 03-14-2003, 04:07 PM   #59
Maiden of the Sky
Pile O'Bones

Maiden of the Sky has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Sara had been busy elsewhere and hadn't been paying attention until Morwyn had excused herself. When she came back Sara finally replied to their questions.

"Well," She sighed, "I grew up in Edoras where I lived with my mother and father, for a while. He was a noble in the King's court and he would often travel to Minas Tirith. When I turned 15 my father was accused of plotting against the king and was banished from Edoras. My father went to live in Minas Tirith where he had friends who could help him. After a while I went to live in Minas Tirith with my father. When I was old enough I ran away and came here."

Sara looked away and closed her eyes, she remembered those days. It was so hard when it was just her and her mother. Sara hadn't told them of how badly she had been treated after her father was banished. Everyone had known about it and treated her like dirt, even though she was so young. "Put it behind you, thats why you cam here" She thought and slowly looked back at the others.

[ March 14, 2003: Message edited by: Maiden of the Sky ]
Old 03-14-2003, 04:35 PM   #60
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arien has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Arien
Sting

It was now nearly midnight, well from what Mylasia could tell and just a few people were about the Inn. Her dark eyes strayed across the room to a new face in the Inn. He was a dwarf, he had not been here recently, for otherwise Mylasia would have seen him or at least known his name. She went up to the bar and asked for a drink of water, then she slowly made her way across to where the dwarf was sat.

“Hello, may I sit with you?” she asked politely, smiling. “ My name is Mylasia, and what might yours be?” she said as she sat.

“It is Fili.” he replied.
Old 03-14-2003, 06:37 PM   #61
Orual
Speaker of the Dead

Orual has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

OOC: Nuranar is busy, so our Rie/Luinien and Talômi/Tarondo conversations are on hold until further notice. For the time being, Rie and Talômi will be wandering about the Inn.
====================

Rie had been up in her room for a while, busy writing letters that she'd probably never send. She was terrible at keeping diaries, but if she pretended that she had an obligation to keep someone else in the know, she was much more faithful about writing. All of her letters were to Talômi.

Finally she put her quill up, and blew gently on the cream-coloured parchment to dry the ink. She folded the pages and put it with the rest of her collection, and prepared to go downstairs. She'd been away from the common room too long.

She skipped down the stairs, nearly tripping once or twice but catching herself. She didn't see many familiar faces, and suddenly felt a little uneasy. Where was Don? She hadn't seen her in a while. "She's probably off talking to somebody. It won't be bad for her to get to know some other people...she's always so isolated."

But that thought didn't keep Rie from looking.
Old 03-14-2003, 06:45 PM   #62
dragoneyes
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

dragoneyes has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The door of the Inn opened once more and in hopped two hobbits, one smaller with lighter hair, the other of a larger build. The surveyed the inhabitants of the Inn, not failing to be amazed by the variety of species that were there. It was like this last time they had come there, though they were less well travelled then. Lately they had been going to pubs and Inns elsewhere in the Shire, they had only just been passing by the familiar door when they thought they might check in, just for old times sake (and a drink of course). The larger of the two headed strait towards a table ready to slump strait down onto a chair, he'd been up since quite early this morning and was tired. "Where are you going Hal?" The other enquired, "I'm not getting you a drink! You have to get your own!" Hal paused at a chair, longing to rest on it, but he could da that after he got a drink, which he also found that he needed.

Hal made his way over to the bar and stood next to his friend, whose name happened to be Gaddy. He ordered his drink, as did Gaddy and then turned back to go to the chair he had previously been intent on sitting in, only to find that it had been occupied in the time it had taken him to get a drink. There were no other spare chairs, apart from those at tables already occupied by other people, none of whom seemed to be hobbits, those tables were completely full.

"Well done Gaddy!" said Hal indignantly "You've lost us our seats!"
"O, there'll be more! said Gaddy rolling his eyes, "Yes, I know they'll be more, but that's not the point, the point is, when will there be more?" Gaddy pushed Hal, "It's not my fault you wanted a drink!"
"Yes, but it's your fault you wouldn't get me one, and don't push me!" said Hal, pushing back. These small pushing contests often occured between the two of them, all in the name of fun but they often got a little out af hand as this one was now, with one particularly large push, Gaddy put Hal off balance and sent him stumbling back into one of the other patrons, an elf by the look of him. This elf had been holding a gless of wine, which Hal had knocked, spilling it across the table. Hal turned towards the elf and began apologising up to him, many a time, while Gaddy stood back, trying to hold in his laughter, though not having much success.

The elf looked down at Hal and tried to assure him that he was fine and that there was no point crying over spilt wine. Hal insisted that he got another drink, but the elf said that tey already had a bottle but Hal couldn't do nothing, he felt so silly. He would at least clean up the mess he'd made. He turned towards Gaddy, who was now doubled up, looking as though he might burst with laughter, "Gaddy," he said slyly, "Do you have you handkercheif on you?" Gaddy was unable to say anything and so he just nodded and pointed to his top pocket.

Hal walked over to him and took out the Handkercheif, Gaddy looking as though he was unable to do anything for him self, and walked back to the table and started to mop up the wine with it. Gaddy realised this all to late and the smile fell from his face, though he was still breathless from laughing, "Hal! That's my best one! Don't use it to wipe up wine! That'll never come out!" He tried to grab it back from Hal, but he continues to wipe it up with a smug smile on his face until it was all gone. He gave the sopping wet handkercheif back to Gaddy, who held it by the corner and looked at the ruined piece of material, thinking how those stains would never come out.

Hal looked once more around the room and spied no more empty seats, so he turned to the two elves seated at the table, "Would you mind if my friend and I sat here?"
"No, of course not!" came the reply. Hal placed what he had saved of his drink on the table and seated himself at the table, Gaddy following suit, laying the sodden handkercheif down next to him. "I am Halwon, Hal for short and my friend here is Gadbard, Gaddy for short," said Hal, "pleased to meet you both." He continued, smiling at the two Elves seated infront of him.
Old 03-14-2003, 06:57 PM   #63
Kates Frodo Temp
Wight

Kates Frodo Temp has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Elhor stood, leaning against the wall. There was so much to take in! But there seemed to be no one like him. No one in the whole bustling, crowded place, except…

There, there was a watcher, a listener, an outsider, but not by choice. No, she did not desire the life of the patient bystander. Good! Someone was talking to her now. She had someone to share with. A friend. Elhor ground his teeth; he didn’t need that. He could be alone. It didn’t bother him.

He listened carefully to the conversation, not ashamed to pry. Nahai. A pretty name, for a pretty lady. He hoped she fared well with her new friends. Hoped she would be better off than he was. Alone.

Sign my lighter, Meela?
Old 03-15-2003, 12:00 AM   #64
Maegaladiel
Haunting Spirit

Maegaladiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Nahai listened to Sara's story with great sympathy. So many sad tales. Funny that they all found their way into the Green Dragon.

Suddenly her sharp eyes caught sight of someone watching her. A wave of paranoia caught her, but as she looked at his face, it receded. He was alone. Like she was. A lonely island in a sea of happy people conversing among each other.

She turned back to Sara.

"Lady," she began, "Would you mind greatly if I asked that gentleman to join us?" Not waiting for an answer, Nahai rose from the bar and walked over to the mysterious stranger.

"Sir," she asked meekly, "would you care to join us?" She smiled warmly.
Old 03-15-2003, 01:40 AM   #65
PoWa
Animated Skeleton

Pipe

Fili saw a young hobbit lad sitting alone.
He did really like hobbits. They were fun to talk to.

He looked a little bit nervous at the hobbit, and when the hobbit looked up at him he looked down in his ale again.

[ March 15, 2003: Message edited by: PoWa ]
Old 03-15-2003, 01:55 AM   #66
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

As she sat down, the door went again this time a cloaked figure entered. Mylasia knew that she must hide, she said bye to the dwarf sitting next to her and casually walked to her room. The assasin had hi face to the bar and was asking questions hopefully the bar maid would tell him nothing. Mylasia went into her room and locked to door. She drew the curtains slightly a nd peered out. It was just him then, she could only see one horse. He was just a scout then. She saw him come out of the Inn and ride off into the dark night.

Mylasia was relieved and fell back onto her bed. She sighed, and then got into bed. She knew that she wouldnt sleep, but there was no harm in trying.
Old 03-15-2003, 04:56 AM   #67
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Aeryn now grew thirsty. "Hold that thought" she said and passed Ellie and left the table in search of the bar. She decided against taking her cloak and bag to the bar with her.

She was usually untrustworthy of thieves, but since she was in the Shire, she decided that a thief here would be as likely as a wraith being in the Minas Tirith library. She brushed her snow hair over her shoulders and re-adjusted the necklace, a sign of Lothlorien, of where her mother was kin, which hung low around her neck and strode across the room, at the same time looking out for the Rangers who she was supposed to meet.

She stopped at a far end of the bar, no one seemed to be serving her. She noticed a mirror which hung on the wall behind the bar. She stared into it. Suddenly a feeling of unrest crept into her bones. "what are you doing here Aeryn" she thought to herself, "what were you thinking coming this far north? Trusting rangers, and strange rangers."

She sighed "Papa, if only you were here, you could tell me what i was in for." she turned her back away from the mirror and stood waiting.

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 03-15-2003, 06:04 AM   #68
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

"Not at all" replied the Elf. "Are you ok?"
Nervous, Ellie just nodded.

"Here" she said, passing Ellie a cup of strong smelling coffee. "Always makes me feel better, you know, The medicine Woman in Minas Tirith makes the best coffee"

"Thank you" whispered Ellie shyly, with a small smile. There was a pause. She seems nice thought Ellie and she must have had a really exciting life. Not like me. She sighed wistfully.

"What's Minas Tirith like?" asked Ellie curiously, but the Elf merely smiled.
"Hold that thought"

She just left! She ignored me! Ellie fumed quietly. There's no reason for an Elf to be interested in a Hobbit, to be sure, but why talk if she didn't want a response?

She sighed again, and took a sip of coffee. For the second time Ellie began to choke, but less violently than before. With a few coughs she felt better.

Hmm- not bad! she thought, and took another sip.
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Old 03-15-2003, 07:28 AM   #69
Huntress
Pile O'Bones

Huntress has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Huntress smiled and raised her glass,
"Yes to new acquaintances." As she savoured the taste of her wine Huntress realised, that she could not remeber ever laughing like that.
"I'm glad I did decied to watch you, I've managed to make one of the best acquaintances of my life." and she giggled slightly feeling shy and slightly uncombfortable. What is wrong with me she thought and she found her self looking at Fin.

It was then she made the quickest and most drastic decision of her life.

"Farothwen." she said Fin looked up at her startled,

"Pardon?" he said looking slightly confused,

"Farothwen its my name, my real name I mean." she felt herslef blush, she haddn't told anyone that in a long time it shook her slightly. She lowerd her eyes looking into the wine, while her fingers played with a strand of her hair and she bit her lower lip.
Old 03-15-2003, 11:45 AM   #70
PoWa
Animated Skeleton

Pipe

He sat down beside the hobbit lad and had a pint.
He said; "Well met, stranger! And who are you?"
"I-I am Odo Gamwich from Longbottom.", the hobbit said nervously, "and you are?"
"Im Fili Bloodeyes from Erebor at your service.", Fili answerd gently and removed his blue cape.
"Oh, your dwarves are always to service..?", said Odo smiling.
"Hahaha! Oh yes we are. We serve young nice hobbits and maybe some pretty elves.", Fili said with a laugh.

They sat taletelling the whole evening until a stranger came into the inn.
He removed he cape and looked around in the inn.
He talked to the innkeeper and said something that they couldnt hear.
He sat down a few meters from them and looked down in the table.
"Hm, many strangers out at the roads in these days", whisperd Fili to Odo.
"Yes, strange people that doesnt talk or show their faces. Its very dark times", Odo said.
They looked at the stranger and noticed his ears. It was a elf.
Old 03-15-2003, 12:20 PM   #71
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Thankfully it was now morn. Mylasia had woken up to the sound of birds singing at her window. This was one of the things she loved about the Shire, it was so carefree and the darkness that had gripped her with fear last night had past and now it was all right. She donned her white dress, the one the same a Niamh’s and brushed her long black hair. The birds continued to sing a joyful song outside and she could now hear again the Hobbits going about their business.

She laughed at a group of young Hobbits playing just out side the Inn. She watched them for a while and thought of the days when Niamh and herself used to play under the hot sun of Harad under the close eyes of their loving parents.

Mylasia was jolted out of her trail of thought by a knock at the door. Who could it be? She thought. She ran to the door half expecting it to be Niamh, but her hopes were dashed as she opened it to see one of the hobbit lasses that worked at the bar.

“Sorry, Miss Mylasia, I didn’t mean to interrupt but your breakfast is ready!”

“Oh thank you,” she said and she followed the hobbit down to the common room, and took her place at her usual seat and tucked in to he breakfast.
Old 03-15-2003, 12:26 PM   #72
PoWa
Animated Skeleton

Pipe

It was morning and Fili walked down to the common room for breakfast.
He took a plate and looked out for someone to sit with. He saw a woman sitting alone and thought sit dwon beside her and maybe talk a little.
He walked over and asked; "My lady, may I sit here?"
"Oh, of course", she answerd.

"Well met", Fili said, "And what are your name, my lady?"
"Im Mylasia.", she said slowly. "And you are, master dwarf?"
"Im Fili Bloodeyes from Erebor on a little trip. I have been here for a long time. But I have never seen you before. Where are you from?", Fili said.

[ March 15, 2003: Message edited by: PoWa ]
Old 03-15-2003, 12:39 PM   #73
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

“Ahh, now that is an interesting question.” She paused and smiled at the dwarf, she would tell him some but not all of her past. He looked friendly, but…..she was still fragile from the previous night. “I am from Harad.” The dwarf looked a little taken aback. “Yes I am, my mother was of the Haradrim, Vadwati was her name. And my Father was and elf, of Lothlorien. And he was called Lithelen.”

She waited to see what the dwarf thought. Many that she had talked to had left her in a hurry on some urgent need. But Mylasia hoped Fili would not. She waited for a reply.
Old 03-15-2003, 12:46 PM   #74
PoWa
Animated Skeleton

Sting

"Oh...I see...", Fili said with new interest in the woman, "Well...", he said and looked away, "I guess many has left you behind cause of your background.".

Fili felt that he said something stupid and siad; "Im so sorry.", and looked down in his ale embarresd, "So what are you doing around?
Do you live around here?"
Old 03-15-2003, 12:54 PM   #75
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Mylasia laughed, “ Don’t feel sorry for me! Feel sorry for the people who have left me, they are the ones who need to learn more about this world. Many have come and gone, but I only bother to remember those who are kind and courteous in their ways. You master dwarf seem certainly to be one of those people!!!”

“Why thank you” , he replied.

“Now, I don’t live here. But I have lodged at this inn nigh on 2 months. I came here with my sister ……” her voice faltered, “…… her name is Niamh. But she has gone some where and I am waiting for her to return.” Tears filled her deep dark eyes, how could she cry. She must be strong. “You see she left without notice, I and I don’t know when she will return.”
Old 03-15-2003, 01:00 PM   #76
PoWa
Animated Skeleton

Sting

Fili felt that hes mood lowed and said; "I-I am sorry to hear that..."

Mylaisa was shaking of sadness and Fili said; "Im sure she will return." Fili said with new mood, "Dont you have any other family than your sister?"
Fili had another bite of some chicken he orderd.
He waited for Mylaisa for say something.
Old 03-15-2003, 01:10 PM   #77
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

“Family is not a good subject for me! But I will tell you what has happened, I see trust in you eyes!”

She drew a deep breath and began. “As you know my mother Vadwati was of the Haradrim, she was a princess, stunning, allowed to rule over her own village, Penal. She was kind and generous to the people in her village and in turn they loved her, and they swore to never betray her. It had been many years since my grandfather Boodoo, a barbaric warlord, had visited our mother for he trusted her and saw no need to.

"One day a stranger wondered into the village, badly wounded from battle and near death. The healer healed his wounds and brought him back to full health. He was introduced to my mother, and he praised her for her kindness and said that there was a gross misunderstanding of how the Haradrim lived. Mymother said there was not, she was an exception. The stranger told of where he came from, Lothlorien, he was an elf captured in battle and left for slaughter by his enemies in Harad.

"My mother and he fell in love, and married without the consent of mothers father and my father gave up his immortality for her.
Now they lived happily and had two children, Niamhand I. The village was remote and everyone promised not to tell Boodoo, for they also feared for their lives. But there was a traitor in the village, and they went and told Boodoo, he came and slew everyone in the village, and my mother. He said she had betrayed him and that, no child of his would ever love the enemy especially one that didnt not worship the dark lord.

"While this was going on my father was leading us to the North, us upon Roman, our horse and him upon Fibro, he lead us to the boarders of Harad then he left us. He told me to take care of Niamh and to keep riding, never to stop for more than 2 days.
And we hadn’t until now. Since Niamh left.”

She stopped, she had just told Fili one of her darkest secrets. What would he see in her?

[ March 15, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 03-15-2003, 01:20 PM   #78
PoWa
Animated Skeleton

Pipe

Fili looked interested at her and said; "Hm, what a amazing story! Now when I trust I can tell you a little about my background."

He took another bite of his chicken and said; "I was born in Erebor. In the deep tunnels of the mountain."

I never met my mother but my father, Mili, took care of me and we lived happily as father and son in many years. Until he died after a hard battle in the outside of Erebor when goblins attacked." Fili sighed and a tear fell down.

"I-I saw my father die...After that I left Erebor hoping that I could forgot my sorrow for a while and get over him. Thats why Im hear." Fili tok another bite of the chicken and looked down in the table to cover his tears.

Old 03-15-2003, 01:26 PM   #79
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

"So we both know the sadness of loss! It is hard, but eventually it gets easier, as your heart lightens." Mylasia sipped her tea, Fili seemed to be a trustworthy dwarf and she ws glad of it. For if an assin found her.....she couldnt bare the thought. But for now she was okay.

The Inn started to fill and they had not spoken for a good few minuets. Then Mylasia said, " so is that all you travel for, and where have you been so far?"

Old 03-15-2003, 01:31 PM   #80
PoWa
Animated Skeleton

Sting

"Oh, sometimes my feets says to me; 'Now you have been everywhere in the world, lets go home!!', but my hearts says its a long road left. I have been in Lorien, Rivendell and Gondor.", he said with a smile.

"They are really nice in Rivendell. Usually Im not very impressed about the elves, but sometimes they are amazing creatures."
"Oh they really are.", Mylasia said smiling back.

"But all they way from Harad...Where have you been before you got here?", Fili asked.
The common room was nearly full and many guests were talking since almost everyone now was awake.