The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Quiz Room
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2002, 05:56 PM   #41
evenstarelfstone

Tolkien

i actually DO get mad at people who say Orlandos hot except i don't have a bow

Old 04-19-2002, 06:21 PM   #42
Anarya SilverBranch
Wight

Anarya SilverBranch has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I put my hair up like Galadriel's and my locker is absolutely covered with pixs of Orlando
Old 04-21-2002, 01:33 PM   #43
TinuvielChild

Sting

i've seen the movie 6 times (going for 9), TTT trailer twice, people tell me that i look like Galadriel, i speak a little Elvish (Quenya not Sindarin) and i frequently hang out on the Entmoot board at tolkientrail.com, where i have over 800 posts. obsessed? oh, a bit. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Old 04-21-2002, 04:54 PM   #44
Mr. Frodo
Pile O'Bones

Mr. Frodo has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Frodo
Sting

I had 21 answers 'yes'. Is that a bad thing? No. You can never be too obssessed with LOTR. Well, I gotta go back to my rubber room now. Cya later!
Old 04-21-2002, 07:48 PM   #45
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Yes, I am definatly obsessed.

Question:

How many times do you have to read the book/ see the movie to be considered obsessed?
Old 04-21-2002, 07:59 PM   #46
Lindolirian
World's Tallest Hobbit

Lindolirian has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"Yes, I am obsessed...i have a ring on a chain round my neck...i do an amazing gollum impression...i continually say 'my precious'...my copy of LOTR rarely leaves my sight...my best mate and i know pretty much the whole script of the film....." -Menewilwarin

Ha! thats EXACTLY what i would have said! Its like u read my mind!
Old 04-22-2002, 01:59 PM   #47
Kronis777

Pipe

[img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] I did not pass the entire test, but I am very much obsessed. I have a friend who works at our local Cinema and she lets me in free to see The Lord of the Rings movie. This pass Saturday was my 4th time to see it. I love that movie so much. I am reading the book series right now. It is pretty awesome!!!!! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Old 04-23-2002, 02:49 PM   #48
Nevtalathiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Nevtalathiel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Welcome Kronsis777 and how do you get a friend who works at a cinema, can you buy them anywhere? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-23-2002, 07:51 PM   #49
Nevfeniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nevfeniel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Quote:
8) You've started checking out movies with people from FOtR in them. Ex: Flipper, Babe.
Who was in Babe? [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]
Consider the purr a variety of audible tranquilizer. [. . .] For a few of us, there is one more purr, a secret purr. When we combine our secret purrs, we produce the Purr of Power. And that is simply the amplified amity we feel as furred and purred beings.
Old 04-23-2002, 08:13 PM   #50
Aosama, the Wandering Star
Wight

Aosama, the Wandering Star has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hi, my name is 'Ama.
*hi 'Ama*
And I'm obsessed *sniff*
*that's okay, we're all obsessed*
I personally can't decide who's cuter, Frodo or Aragorn. Decisions, decisions! my also obsessed older sister does the freakiest gollum you've ever heard, and my friend collects LOTR stuff. And they both have lives (well, my sister...)
But I try to keep out of mental institutions. I don't think I'm about to stalk anyone anytime soon, and you gotta admit, Tom's annoying (but the dreams! they were defining for the characters!!!)
But I try to keep out of mental homes. Looking back, counting what I'd *like* to do, I get seventeen, so I'm not *that* bad, right?
Old 05-23-2002, 04:44 PM   #51
miss_sam-wise_sam_gamgee

Sting

orlando orlando orlando... MAN what about Orlando, Elijah Wood, Dominic Monigian(sp?), and Sean Astin ARE WAY cuter than Orlando... Anyway yah i would say i am obsessed.. I saw the movie like 15 times..... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-16-2002, 05:36 AM   #52
kathryenn

Silmaril

i am totally in love with orlando i've seen the movie 15 times i am continuasly on the site and ive been on every site that orli is on if that aint obsessed i dont kniow what is!

Old 06-16-2002, 08:19 PM   #53
Luthien_ Tinuviel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Luthien_ Tinuviel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Luthien_ Tinuviel Send a message via MSN to Luthien_ Tinuviel
Sting

I have a friend who does great Gollum impressions and it's really freaky at night.

You know what? I love Mip.
Old 06-17-2002, 03:51 PM   #54
Lothiriel Silmarien
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lothiriel Silmarien has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I'm too obsessed with it! Wait, you can never be too obsessed with LotR!!!!! I have the One Ring on my finger. I NEVER take it off...I go crazy about anything that has a slight hint about LotR. Like when I hear the Moby song, I'm like, HEY!!! Sean Bean's in that video! Sean Bean played Boromir! BOROMIR!!! He's in LotR!!!

And I truly believe that one day, sometime I will get to be in Middle-Earth, (even though we are in it now, but I mean elves and all!) Like when I go (please!!) to heaven, I can go to Middle-eath and be with the elves, hobbits, and all!!
Old 08-27-2002, 01:09 PM   #55
Ainahithiel of Mirkwood
Animated Skeleton

Ainahithiel of Mirkwood has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

ok, once there was a point where, sadly to say, I despised the LOtR's and the movie, before I watched it... heh heh. Any way , the first time I watched it, I fell in love with the movie and my copie is hidden from my brother by day, it is precious to me. My only. my Preciousssssssss. I have an evenstar pendant, and spend my time talking to Legolas, who I have known for 150 years(no Im not an elf, I am an imortal from the grey havens. long and complicated story) There is only one lord of the rings, and he does not share power!!!
Old 08-31-2002, 01:39 PM   #56
Firondoiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Firondoiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I'm obsessed!! I do the "You shall not pass!" thing ALL the time!!!!
"Forth, and fear no darkness. Arise. Arise, Riders of Théoden. Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered. A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride! Ride for ruin and the world's ending!"
Old 10-13-2002, 09:55 AM   #57
gralin musicteeth
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: Tossing half-sick between grotesque reality and savage, frightening dreams
gralin musicteeth has just left Hobbiton.
Boots

i am really obsessed. watched the movie 12 times, go to this site a lot, and i've started using the word whence. i have acted out the entire movie with my friends, and we are writing a screenplay WITH Tom in it. dammit why did they leave him out?
Old 10-22-2002, 01:27 PM   #58
Arwen Melian
Wight

Location: Sometimes Imladris....sometimes Mirkwood...other times ....Lothlorien
Arwen Melian has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

yeah, nevtalathiel, it's real ( i'm not alone) don't say it's fake
Old 10-22-2002, 01:58 PM   #59
Arwen Melian
Wight

Location: Sometimes Imladris....sometimes Mirkwood...other times ....Lothlorien
Arwen Melian has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I admit to being obsessed as well. For example, I gave some of my friends elven names. And as a little inside joke between my friends and I , each name started with an m( because my last name starts with m.)
these are the names which suit my friends well:
miriel,morwen,moriel,maeglin,minya,and melian.
Old 10-23-2002, 06:24 PM   #60
Dagmar of Avalon

Ring

I am very obsessed with LOTR!!!! I just can't get enough! It's like chocolate (or if you don't like chocolate, egg nog): You have a little and soon you want more and more and more. Obsessed? Mmmmm-hmmmm! That's would be me!

If anyone was listening they could probably hear me quoting it in my sleep! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Old 11-02-2002, 07:52 PM   #61
Tanraugwen Greenleaf
Pile O'Bones

Tanraugwen Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tanraugwen Greenleaf
Sting

Obsessed? Define obsessed.
1.I use my elvish name more than my real name
2.I use runes more often than english
3.I call my mother "My Preciousss"
4.My best friend(also a huge fan) and I can read each others minds
5.I wear my hair like Legolas
6.I've quoted the movie from beginning to end on more than one occasion
7.I make bows and arrows out of sticks(they work)
8.I wear a ring on a chain
9.My room looks like something out of Rivendell
10.I'm going to grow up, become an elf, and move into one of those Lorien tree houses
Is that obsessed?

[ November 02, 2002: Message edited by: Tanraugwen Greenleaf ]

[ November 02, 2002: Message edited by: Tanraugwen Greenleaf ]
Old 11-02-2002, 08:27 PM   #62
TolkienGurl
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

TolkienGurl has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to TolkienGurl Send a message via AIM to TolkienGurl
Sting

Well. Some of you people are beginning to frighten me. I'm not obsessed with LOTR. I just really like it.

Quote:
4) You have an Orlando/Elijah shrine in your bedroom. But who doesn't?
I definitely do not!

[ December 04, 2002: Message edited by: TolkienGurl ]
Old 11-05-2002, 03:59 PM   #63
Lady_Artemis

Silmaril

ORLANDO IS MINE! YOU HEAR ME? MINE! just kidding. but he is sooooooo hot!!!! lol
i am obsessed but not so much as to say Gimli is cute. Thats kinda wrong ::Shiver::

Old 11-05-2002, 09:21 PM   #64
Nevfeniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nevfeniel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

I think Gimli is cute, but not in the same sense as Legolas or Aragorn or Frodo. Not necessarily physically cute, but (I hope) you know what I mean. It's very hard to explain.
Consider the purr a variety of audible tranquilizer. [. . .] For a few of us, there is one more purr, a secret purr. When we combine our secret purrs, we produce the Purr of Power. And that is simply the amplified amity we feel as furred and purred beings.
Old 11-09-2002, 10:30 AM   #65
Eruwen

Eruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

I only had four "yes" questions. And one, "You sit at home at night and whisper sweet nothings to your little ring, even though you hate it. But you love it. But you hate it. Your precioussss.....", I only used to do that. I don't anymore. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

So, I guess I'm not as obsessed as my friends say I am.
Old 11-17-2002, 09:31 AM   #66
Kathryenn

Silmaril

My friends and I are extremely obsessed with lord of the rings..... I am sam, I have 3 friends frodo merry and pippin. We stayed up till 5 in the mornin deciding who was who in our entire school. I fear that people will realise that I am really from middle-earth, due to the whole ring thing and people are getting a little suspcious of the fact that all those who cross me die mysteriously similar deaths to those in LOTR.

Old 11-17-2002, 10:41 PM   #67
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen1858 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arwen1858
Sting

Even though I didn't get too many things on the list, I am obsessed!!
I want to dress like Arwen
I'm about to take up archery
I have talked to my rings before
I call things my precious occasionally
I tell people 'You shall not pass'
I quote the movie all the time
I'm learning some elvish
I can quote most of the movie
If anybody touches my LOTR books or dvd, I start going 'Thief! It's mine, my own, my precioussssss!'
I want pointy ears
I desperatly want a LOTR name
I use the name Arwen so much on the net, that I forget to type my real name in e-mails, and sign them Arwen
Sometimes I forget I'm human and mortal, and not an immortal elf
I totally freak out whenever I see any new pics or info about TTT

I'm sure there are more things, but that's all I can think of at the moment. I'm obsessed!
Arwen, Queen of Gondor
Old 11-26-2002, 12:40 AM   #68
Alcerin
Pile O'Bones

Alcerin has just left Hobbiton.
Boots

Ahhh yes, i fear i am a little obsessed...
Hey who cares about Rogain! I already have hairy feet...and pointy ears!!! (no joke! they're natural...at just the right anle they really are pointy , I swear!!!!)
At present, I am mourning the loss of Tom in the movie, and rapidly sending hate letters to PJ about it...along with the love letters for making the movie in the first place---but anyway there wasnt even a scene about that old rotton tree...and no mushrooms either!!! Merry was highly underrated in his involvement in the matter (he was responsible for Sam spying) and, and,....well the list goes on [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
speaking of Merry...*sigh* GOSH HE'S HOTT
(blushes) oops did I say that out loud,oh well...actually Dominic looks better without the hobbit 'do.
Why of course I speak to my ring! (acts offended) isn't that normal???

[ November 26, 2002: Message edited by: Alcerin ]

~John 11:35~
Old 12-28-2002, 10:04 AM   #69
busybee
Haunting Spirit

Location: Mirkwood, Lothlorien...dream...actually the middle of nowhere...Mumbai
busybee has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Mwa ha ha I am obsessed-ish!!I spend every waking moment dreaming about being able to do No.6, I sent not only my evil orcs after the Oscar people but my troops of Uruk-hai and all nine Nazgul as well!I am desperate to take up archery the only reason I haven't is because there isn't anywhere to in this place called Mordor where I am currently being held prisinor because I didn't let Sauron pass into my room. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
Old 12-28-2002, 12:16 PM   #70
Faye Took
Shade of Carn Dûm

Faye Took has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Faye Took
Sting

Yep. I'm obsessed.I have a LOTR shrine in my room which consists of Frodo, Nazgul, Legolas, and Sam action figures, the set of LOTR books with the movie characters on them, the LOTR book (which has all the books put into one), The Simaillion, I have my TTT and FOTR video game cases on there, tradeing cards, magazines, newspaper articles, the extended DVD, and the fellowship DVD. It grows all the time! Then I have posters everywhere.

Yeah, you could say I am obsessed.
Old 12-28-2002, 03:10 PM   #71
Maylin
Haunting Spirit

Maylin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Maylin
Sting

obsessed...maybe...though I only had, like, 5...

I LOVE yelling YOU SHALL NOT PASS!! unfortunatly, I only have a few friends who like LotR, and they've only seen the movies. ( i guess they think the books a bit imtimidating.) It's really sad, I have to find a forum just to have someone to talk to lotRs about... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I mentally live in a place like ME, though I tweaked it some, and LotR inspired some of the places in my writing.
Old 12-29-2002, 07:26 PM   #72
PippinSqueak
Pile O'Bones

PippinSqueak has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

5 of those signs..hm..nonetheless..i still think i'm obsessed..hey! it rhymes! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-01-2003, 06:25 PM   #73
Daewen
Wight

Location: Stuck inside an Aquafina bottle...HELP! ...seriously, I'm getting claustrophobic
Daewen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Daewen
Sting

Woah...i'm not obsessed...i've only got three of 'em. i've got an orlando shrine, i've started checking out other movies with the fellowship cast in them, and i read stupid little tests just to find out if i'm obsessed or not.
and i really thought i was obsessed. i guess i don't belong here any more. GOODBYE FELLOW BARROWDOWNERS! i apparently am not worthy to be here, and so i will leave
ok maybe not.......but oh well.
Old 01-03-2003, 02:22 PM   #74
Venyatuime

Silmaril

I didn't get too many 'yes' answers, but I do a bunch of other things you haven't mentioned . . .
Me and my LOTR-obsessed friend spend classtime writing notes to each other in Tengwar, I own an exact replica of the One Ring, I buy almost all the LOTR memoribilia stuff I see, I try and buy clothes and jewellery that looks elvish, I am making a map of Middle Earth (a really big one), I have LOTR names for most of my friends (I'm Arwen), i found an elvish namebook and have translated all our names to Quenya, and me and my bf really annoyed everyone in the cinema when we went to watch FOTR for the 8th time by whispering (really loudly!) all the lines before the characters said them [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-03-2003, 11:38 PM   #75
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I am Kind of Obsessed, I do not have a shrine to any particular actor, but I do have a lot of LOTR stuff, I do not wear a ring, but I do wear an Elven brooch a lot.
GIMLI IS CUTE! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
All my future animals are going to be named from the books
And I did watch "The Faculty" because Elijah Wood is in it (It is so dumb, it is a horror movie with a happily ever after ending, it should not have that)
I answered "yes" to more questions than I thought I would [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
Old 01-09-2003, 09:07 PM   #76
Merry
Animated Skeleton

Merry has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I'm obbsessed. I scored quite a bit out of that test. I scare people. I scared about 20 total strangers including the guy at the store in the process of buting FOTR. Some friends of mine and I started a fan-club at school. A girl at school told us we all needed help at a mental hospital. We responded by giving ach other high fives. We also took signs to the movie theatre.
Old 01-09-2003, 09:43 PM   #77
Fingo
Haunting Spirit

Fingo has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Fingo
Sting

I had my birthday party recently. I had a cake that I made with the One Ring on it, the Black Tongue of Mordor inscribed in black and red frosting and everything. I have several calendars of the movies, the movie companions, the concept art book, and I regulary wear my cloak and "inverted" One Ring. I do not find myself worthy to carry the One Ring, I'm far to weak, so I have a large silver ring on a golden chain to show my fandom. If another one of my LotR obsessed friends is unsure of a quote in the movie, they usually ask me about it. I can desribe all the characters costumes IN DETAIL right down to eye color, pants color, embroidery etc. Though I'm not a big fan of Arwen in the movie (no offense to those who are) I regularly use "If you want ___, come and claim ___!" And raise my fist in a threatening manner. Despite all this, I only scored a four on that quiz. So that means I'm not obsessed! Now I have proof! Hahahaa! I dont have a shrine to any particular character because I can't decide which one is my favorite. I do have an exceptionaly large poster of Frodo though. I freak non LotR people out with the famous line "Lasto beth nin! Tolo non galad!" They seem to think it's some kind of a curse which my LotR friends find amusing. Although my Gollum impression is not that, um, impressive, i find myself sticking "my Precious" after a lot of sentences, in a normal conversation and I'm totally serious about it. I leave the slogan "Frodo Lives", the Rings prophecy, and Aragorn's prophecy inscribed on my desks at school. It's really quite amusing to come back the next day and find question marks all the way around it or a comment like "ROCK ON!".
*Fingo, lonely Hobbit wanderer*

[ January 09, 2003: Message edited by: Fingo ]
Old 01-12-2003, 06:34 PM   #78
Galenaeariel

Sting

I am obsessed, I have done exactly seven of those to date, and would do sseveral of the others if given the chance. I did the Legolas hair at 2:00 in the morning, constantly quote the movies, talk about them nonstop, and I made a wooden bow out of a very old living grapevine, it works pretty well too. I saw two of Liv Tyler's movies, and I think everyone's seen Flipper. I looked up the life story of every actor portraying a charater in the Movies. I made several e-mail addresses according to my name in Elvish from this site. The list goes on, but I'm tired of typing now. So I bid you all a very fond farewell... Goodbye!

Old 01-12-2003, 07:23 PM   #79
InklingElf
Shade of Carn Dûm

InklingElf has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to InklingElf
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] sweet nothings...my precioussssss
Old 03-26-2003, 02:47 PM   #80
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
GaladrieloftheOlden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Pipe

Oh yeah! 15! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Quote:
all my school stuff is covered with lotr pics
me too....today we had this school project thingy with newspapers and this kid looks at me rather oddly so I look down at my newspaper and it's no longer legible. It was covered in LotR stuff. And I hadn't even noticed. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] Plus I quote LotR in the middle of the night. Literally. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]