The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2003, 10:07 PM   #41
Mirabella
Pile O'Bones

Mirabella has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

The other day, I was coming home frome the mall with my best friend, and we were pleying a lices-plate game while wating for the bus, and we saw one that was "###-ELJ", and we said "Elija" at the same time. Needles to say, we got some pretty strang looks.
( sorry if I spelt it wrong [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] ) [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

COOL!! I've never seen my nose do *that* befor!!!!
Mirabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 10:31 PM   #42
Tinuviel the Nightingale
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tinuviel the Nightingale has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

This particular thing happened an hour ago at school (which I am at right now, you see).
In science someone was doing a presentation on cyclones/hurricanes and I, shamefully wasn't listening properly. She said something about the 'eye of the storm', and my brain naturally assumed the 'eye of Sauron' so I got very excited.
As a result, I knocked my pencil case off my desk and got many dirty looks. I was red for a while, but I got over it.
Tinuviel the Nightingale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 09:35 AM   #43
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

That sounds like something I'd do, Tinuviel! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 05-15-2003, 03:52 AM   #44
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Helkahothion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Helkahothion Send a message via AIM to Helkahothion
Eye

Yesterday: I saw a kid that was all dirty from playing. He was tired and was bend over and all. So I called him Gollum. He laughed. So did I [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Helkahothion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 05:59 AM   #45
Tinuviel the Nightingale
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tinuviel the Nightingale has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

*Gasp*! A Gollum kid?! Where?! Where?! Oh. Not here. *Pouts*.
Sapphire Flame: Yes that happens a lot doesn't it?
Tinuviel the Nightingale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 10:36 AM   #46
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

Yeah...kinda sad really. [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img] Oh well, they'll have to learn to live with it. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 06-02-2003, 04:47 PM   #47
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

Pardon me while I revive this thread...
Old 06-02-2003, 05:27 PM   #48
ElenCala Isil
Shade of Carn Dûm

ElenCala Isil has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to ElenCala Isil Send a message via Yahoo to ElenCala Isil
Sting

Every lunch, I was in science, here at the 'downs usually looking at crazy captions or make your own crazy scenes with pics, and I nearly fell off my chair laughing, which called for a bunch of strange looks from the TA's that were there. I always get strange looks for writing in the dunes, or Quenya.. I'm used to it.

And to top it all off, in Social Studies, someone stole my ring *GASP!!!* [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] So, I resorted to chasing them around the room screaming "They stole it from uss. My preciousss. Curse them. We hates them! It's ours it is, and we wants it back!" and such. My teacher had just walked in the room, strange looks from her [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 06-05-2003, 01:54 PM   #49
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

Quote:
and I nearly fell off my chair laughing
That's happened to me too! I was reading the Stupid Ring Parody, and me and my friend were laughing so hard that 1) we almost fell off our chairs and 2) the librarian had to come over twice to tell us to be quiet. That's also happened while reading "Make your own crazy scenes with pics".

Abedithon le!
Old 06-05-2003, 05:30 PM   #50
Rilwen Gamgee

Rilwen Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
During the passing time between P.E and lunch, I had for some reason been carrying my backpack, as well as two other of my friends' backpacks. We were crossing the street (with plenty of people around) between the gym and lunchroom and my friend grabs her backpack off my shoulder. I had been pretending to be Sam carring Frodo up Mt. Doom, so I start to yell at the top of my lungs: "No! Give back Mr. Frodo! I'll carry him up Mt. Doom if it breaks my Gamgee back!" My friends never let me carry their backpacks anymore... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Rilwen Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 09:05 PM   #51
Elvanui
Animated Skeleton

Elvanui has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

At our school they play music in the hallways but it is always bad music like NSYNC. So one day I gave them the FOTR CD and they actually played it!!! Me and all the other nerds had a blast acting out sceens in the hallway and swordfighting with pens and the such...but everyone else just kinda looked at us oddly. ANd then I went to my first class with a big grin on my face and got evil stares from these two preppy people in my class. It turns out that must people find the Ringwraith music scary...I can't imagine why...
Old 06-05-2003, 09:28 PM   #52
Horse-Maiden of the Shire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Horse-Maiden of the Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Me and my friend were "sparring" with locks of horsetail hair (they'd just clipped it) and we were like "FWAH! FWAH! FWAH! OWWWWW!!" Because we'd punched each other's knuckles by accident. Then people started laughing at us.

I wish MY school played music at break and lunch.
Horse-Maiden of the Shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 02:07 PM   #53
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

Quote:
Me and all the other nerds had a blast acting out sceens in the hallway and swordfighting with pens and the such...but everyone else just kinda looked at us oddly.
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Right on, Elvanui! Gotta love it, scaring non-fans is always great! [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

I went with my family to see a movie the other day, and I wore my Fellowship cloak (as is my way when going to movies [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] ), and on the way out all these people were staring at me and talking (like "OMG, she looks so weird!") It was great!!!

ONLY 191 DAYS UNTIL ROTK IS IN THEATERS!!!
Old 06-11-2003, 10:35 AM   #54
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

Haha! My school also plays music during lunch and break times, so once I asked them to play The Bridge of Khazad-dum on my FotR CD, and me and my friends were sparring with yardsticks out in the halls. We even have video footage of it! Of course, I did manage to kick everyone's butts!

There was also another time when I and my friend were walking down a road to her house, and the typical flock of crows flew over head. I jumped into the bushes, pulling her with me, and the next second, the crows seemed to all get diarrhea where we had been standing! They completely let it rip, and thankfully me and my friend were in the bushes.
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2003, 10:42 AM   #55
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

Yikes!! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] That was a close one, Finwe! Never let anyone tell you that LotR's never done anything for ya. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-11-2003, 10:52 AM   #56
Duncariel
Wight

Duncariel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Ahhh... Embarassing moments, got plenty of those.

For all you "frodo lives" peeps out there-
I'm one of those people that writes "I wish he would die" on the board after. *checks for exits*
I was once reading TTT while I was walking down the road and walked right into a pole. oops. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 06-11-2003, 10:54 AM   #57
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

Quote:
I was once reading TTT while I was walking down the road and walked right into a pole. oops.
I feel your pain. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I've done that about five times....
Old 06-11-2003, 01:41 PM   #58
purplefluffychainsaw
Wight

purplefluffychainsaw has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to purplefluffychainsaw
Tolkien

Quote:
I was once reading TTT while I was walking down the road and walked right into a pole. oops
Yeah, opps! I spend most of the morning walking to school with my non-LotR-liking freind (Apart from the boys [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] ) and I normally spend all of the half hour talking about my latest LotR dream etc. Then we'll get to school and she'll go. "Sorry? I wasn't paying any attention / You know I havn't been listening to you?" And the worse thing is I've done it every day since I got into LotR! I just don't learn...
Old 06-13-2003, 09:48 PM   #59
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

*is nursing several bruises and scrapes*

Just this morning, when I got back from my driving lesson, I was out walking around my neighborhood while reading Return of the King. I had just got to the part where Theoden got crushed by Snowmane and just couldn't put the book down. As I was doing that, I walked right into a pile of lumber sitting by the sidewalk, tripped, fell flat on my face on top of the book and on top of the pile of lumber, and got myself thoroughly stuck. Of course, I also had to explain my predicament, in my limited Spanish mind you, to a group of construction workers who just got there.
Naturally, once I got up, I checked my precious book first. Thankfully, it received the least amount of damage, and I'm covered from head to toe with bruises and scrapes (my face got protected by the book).

One word: Ow.
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 11:01 PM   #60
arianrod
Wight

Location: Wandering Hobbiton, smiling at the hobbits & trying to sell them vacuum cleaners
arianrod has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to arianrod
Shield

Alright, before I share, let me just explain that I was on vacation and was very hyper. I think I was on a sugar high... These aren't so much embarrassing as they are just funny...

My first one is kinda like ArrowOfGreenleaf's story, except it wasn't an elf. My dad and I were driving down this road and I saw this guy walking down the street in the opposite direction that was bald but had a huge, bushy brown beard that went down to about his waist. He kinda hobbled about and was quite chubby to top it off.
We yeilding for a short red light and I stuck my head out the window and shouted at the guy "Hail, Gimli, son of Gloin!" The guy kinda looked around for a second and dad pulled me in and took off. Now I wonder why he did that?

Alright, same trip, different day, the family was driving to see some farm or something in the middle of nowhere. The roads were small and constantly went from two laned one way to two laned two way streets. As we were driving, we came up to these signs that said "Pass with care" and "Do not pass" alternatively. Happy day, happy day!
So, of course, everytime we came up to a sign that read "Do not pass", I took it upon myself to yell "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!!" to anyone I saw. This included my dad, my mom, my sister, squirrels, people crossing the street, the cars next to us; y'know, just to make sure they saw the signs. For some reason not everyone found it as entertaining as I did. What strange people...

[ June 14, 2003: Message edited by: arianrod ]

[ June 14, 2003: Message edited by: arianrod ]
arianrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2003, 11:10 AM   #61
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

Right on, arianrod!!! I've so gotta do that "you shall not pass" one next time my family goes on vacation! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 09-02-2011, 05:59 PM   #62
sassyfriend
Wight

sassyfriend has just left Hobbiton.
Lol!!!!!!! I got a good one when i had my dog Shyann who was a lab mix she took after a squrrial and I swear I felt like Aragorn being dragged over the cliff by a warg. Shyann almost planted me face first in a fence doing that!!!!! :O
sassyfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 07:33 PM   #63
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyfriend View Post
...Aragorn being dragged over the cliff by a warg...
Blasphemy!!!

Sorry. I speak for the books. That will be my new motto.

Some of my embarrasing LOTR moments were when I started speaking about it, giving examples from that book or just saying an idea, to a bunch of people who have no clue what I'm going on about.

And there was this story with me carrying a ginormous volume around at school last year: it was LOTR, TH, The Sil, and COH all together in one book. Worse though, it was a Russian translation that I borrowed from the library. Since it didn't fit in my bag I carried it around in my hands and everyone had to stare at me. It was: a) a humungous book, b) a Russian book c) a (non-text-) book, which is not a very common thing to see someone carry with them all day, d) from the library (who borrows books from the library these days?).

At least my reputation as a bookworm got established right then and there. But really, I could have done well enough without all the questions and stares.
Old 09-10-2011, 07:38 PM   #64
sassyfriend
Wight

I borrow books from the library. I really do have to get lotr in book form again!!!!!
Old 09-10-2011, 07:42 PM   #65
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyfriend View Post
I borrow books from the library. I really do have to get lotr in book form again!!!!!
Yes, you do.

And I meant that High School students in my school hardly ever get anything from the library, or even read anything that is not homework... well, we don't do that either. I don't do that... I read non-compulsory books instead...
Old 09-10-2011, 07:46 PM   #66
sassyfriend
Wight

Ring

I am totally obessed!!!!!!
Old 12-13-2011, 11:20 AM   #67
Bom Tombadillo
Wight

Bom Tombadillo has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Blasphemy!!!

Sorry. I speak for the books. That will be my new motto.
And "Blasphemy!" will be mine.

"Who's Tom Bomb - " "Blasphemy!"

"Who's Glorfind - " Blasphemy!"

"Balrogs have wi - " "Blasphemy!"

And I borrow books from the library all the time. Well, I used to. I don't get to go as much now . . .

Back on topic, I was discussing a certain Bible verse (I forget which one) and ended up trying to explain an archaic use of a certain word. Of course, my mind went blank and the only example I could think of was from Lord of the Rings. I got some funny looks from everyone but one friend who is also a Tolkien fan, but it was worth it.

I also shout "You cannot pass!" at random times (usually succeeded by "Ow! My [enter body part here]!" as the "Balrog" decides that yes, he actually can pass).