The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2002, 05:07 AM   #1
Airetauriel
Animated Skeleton

Airetauriel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting We NEED to see TTT!!! NOW!!!

I know this is a sentiment shared by most of you, but I just have to voice my frustration..... <P>I NEED TO SEE THE TWO TOWERS NOW!!!!!!!!<P>Come on everyone, shout it with me, let's make PJ take pity on us dedicated fans and give us a preview!!!! THe waiting is killing me, there's no way in hell I can wait another 8 months...it's slow torture. I mean, I waited so long for the first film and I was so blown away by it....I knew when the first idea came up, I knew when it was backed by New Line, I waited with baited breath on the official site for the cast list, bought the soundtrack online, booked my tickets weeks in advance and saw it the first day it came out, at the first showing... And now, having seen it umpteen times at the cinema, having got it on video, and being able to RECITE the film, for God's sake...(I went to see it for TTT trailer the other day and really annoyed my boyfriend by actually reciting the whole thing all the way through the film just to prove that I could do it ) Well, now I think we all deserve to see TTT....and ROTK whilst we're at it. Now. Immediately. Please. Never mind the merchandising, I'll buy it all anyway...just let me see the lovely film, and stop teasing me with trailers!!!! <P>Share your frustrations here, film fans, and we can moan at each other for the next eight months. I'm having withdrawal symptoms already.....!<P>A very frustrated Airetauriel
Airetauriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2002, 06:12 AM   #2
The_Elf_Girl
Pile O'Bones

The_Elf_Girl has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I totally agree with you.<BR>I need to see it now or I´ll die!!
That´s the reason we call it present.
The_Elf_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2002, 06:54 AM   #3
Niltaurwen
Pile O'Bones

Niltaurwen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

i totally agree! they have made them all already y cant they show them i mean MONEY who gives a flying f**k about the money i want to c TTT now!!! but i guess well just have to wait and be satisfied (momentarily) with whatching fotr endless numbers of times untill the world becomes a fuzzy mass of fotr and we can all recite every word like u and me ,Airetauriel!!lol i do wish theyd get over the money bit but i guess they have to pay 4 it somehow and well all just have to wait!! well heres to wishing time will fly till xmas and we can all c TTT and be happy ... untill we have to wait ANOTHER year for ROTK arrrrggghhhh
Old 04-08-2002, 12:56 PM   #4
Maikadilwen
Summoner of Lost Souls

Maikadilwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Ooooh I SO agree with you. I'm going to shout it out: I....WANT....IT....NOOOOW!!!! Because I've seen FOTR so many times, that I actually CAN recite the lines. Well, most of them that is. Frankly, I don't believe that Gollum's torture in Barrad Dur was anywhere NEAR what we're going through here. IT IS UNBEARABLE!!!
Old 04-08-2002, 02:05 PM   #5
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I totally agree with all of you. I can't wait. I can't recite the lines yet, I don't live very near a theatre You wait, when the movie comes out.... Until then I must pass the time by talking with you and watching the little preview on my computer. And then Go through the agony agian! Oh well, I still have school to think about, but this summer I am going to die!
Old 04-08-2002, 03:51 PM   #6
Thinhyandoiel
Wight

Thinhyandoiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Thinhyandoiel
Eye

*stomps foot in frustration* I wanna see TTT!!!! How long again?? 8 months before I can see more of the Ents?! I agree! Let us lobby around you Airetauriel!! ^.^ I can recite the lines too! Word by word! When I went to see FOTR for the seventh time with my sister and cousin, they were rolling their eyes everytime I did that!! Afterwards, I wouldn't shut up about the Ent (Treebeard) from the preview and now they won't even MENTION anything to do with it, they know I won't stop talking afterwards! ^.^ <BR>*pleads to Peter Jackson* The Two Towers!!! Now! Come on!! Please!?!??!
Thinhyandoiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2002, 04:08 PM   #7
Gorothlammothiel

Gorothlammothiel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

As much as I enjoyed the film (i've seen it more than any of you that have mentioned) and i can also recite the entire thing...i do regulary...but come on.....<P>8 months is not too long....just think we know what happens we have the books.....when it was first published readers had to wait a year for ROTK because of paper shortages, so why shouldn't we wait for the film? <P>At least we got a preview and trailers, and outlines...so on and so forth.......<P>...be patient........
Gorothlammothiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2002, 06:16 PM   #8
Tigerlily Gamgee
Hostess of Spirits

Tigerlily Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tigerlily Gamgee
Silmaril

Yes, Gorothlammothiel, I agree. Though it would be really great to see the movie soon, I kind of like the waiting. It will make it that much better when it does come out. <BR>I don't know what it is about anticipation, but when you finally get what you have been waiting for it tastes all the sweeter (to use an old metaphor). I love the feeling of getting to see the next preview, and the next, and so forth.<BR>But, maybe I am just weird.<BR>Heck (to release a little stupid confession), I waited for 5 years to see the X-Men movie (from when I first heard of its conception) - it's too bad that that one wasn't as satisfying as LOTR. Oh well
Tigerlily Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2002, 07:38 PM   #9
Ara'rial
Pile O'Bones

Ara'rial has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Ara'rial
Sting

All I can say is that Dec 18 is too far away....damn it.
And back again...
Ara'rial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2002, 03:38 PM   #10
Enedhil
Wight

Enedhil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

This thread should be renamed "TTT: Primal Therapy"<P>After three, everyone take a deeeep breath, scream, let go of your frustrations...and 1, 2, 3....<P><BR> <P>
Old 04-13-2002, 08:34 AM   #11
Lhunbelethiel
Wight

Lhunbelethiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I tortured myself by watching the TT trailer, which I now have saved on a cd. ARRRRRGH!!! I am so excited about the movie and am totally frustrated after watching the trailer again! The cd also has 2 versions of the FOTR trailer and a 1.5 minute clip of PJ and the actors talking about making the movies. (I think it's from theonering.net. Pretty neat!
Old 04-24-2002, 10:13 PM   #12
Aosama, the Wandering Star
Wight

Aosama, the Wandering Star has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I really, really, really.. you get the idea want to see it too! Who cares about money?<BR>Its just that, I'm okay with waiting even though it drives me crazy because if I concentrate on other things (like how I really should be studying for exams now) then TTT (the movie, at least,) will go to the back burner. <BR>And also: If I wait til December, I'll be able to go see it. I know this sounds odd, but up here in Canada we have something called a "14-A rating". I won't be 14 til November, so you can see my predicement.
Aosama, the Wandering Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2002, 10:21 PM   #13
Bramblerose Gamgee-Took
Haunting Spirit

Bramblerose Gamgee-Took has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Eeek, I cant wait 8 months to see it! *bangs fist on keyboard in frustration* ff456y ugfxredst45f67 <p>[ April 25, 2002: Message edited by: Bramblerose Gamgee-Took ]
Bramblerose Gamgee-Took is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2002, 11:00 PM   #14
Midgardsormen
Animated Skeleton

Midgardsormen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I agree that it is terribly frustrating having to wait so long...but just think of us living in Australia....after you guys see it for the first time we still have to wait 8 WHOLE DAYS while you are discussing every little detail on sites like this <BR>I try to look at the positive side of waiting! (no not the anticipation)...I tell myself that for every week I have to wait PJ gets another week to make TTT better From what I understand the whole cast is going back to NZ for some re-filming etc in May or June...just because that first filming is done does not mean TTT is finished, and would you really want a second rate movie? Would you not rather wait until December if it means that you again will be 'blown away'?? I know I would rather give PJ all the time he needs to make it as good as he can...and if that means I have to chew my nails(including toe-nails),gnash my teeth and re-read LotR for the 9th time, then so be it Actually the waiting has inspired me to read The Silmarillion and now I have just bought the Unfinished Tales. <BR>And then, of course, we have places like this to vent our frustration....and to keep us hopefully sane until TTT comes....frankly, I think the wait for RotK will be worse , but at least I will have the DVD for FotR by then
Old 04-24-2002, 11:14 PM   #15
White Rider

Boots

I have no problem with the wait. <P>"All good things" or something like that. Time will go by, and in a year and a half, more or less, it will be all over. It is like waiting for Christmas when I was a kid. I usually wasn't disappointed when the wait was over.
Old 04-25-2002, 12:38 AM   #16
Eärendil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eärendil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

At the same time I agree with you *I want to see it now, NOW!!*, I can stand the wait, no problem...I am patient, I can wait... <BR>8 months is an extremely long time, but can I do anything about it? Nope, so I just wait.<BR>Am really longing for it though..
Jag ska aldrig göra dig illa. Inte igen. Åtminstone inte mycket, åtminstone inte hårt. Kommer du ihåg? Då vi fortfarande kunde skratta, le på ett äkta vis. Jag tänker på det ibland. Det smärtar. För aldrig har du väl varit. Längre bort. Från mig.
Eärendil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 10:41 AM   #17
Nevtalathiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Nevtalathiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

PLEASE! I really, really want to see it SO badly, but for me talking about it makes it worse!
Old 04-25-2002, 10:46 AM   #18
Eärendil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Don´t read the discussions about it then! <BR>Nah, just kidding, but well...we just have to wait...
Jag ska aldrig göra dig illa. Inte igen. Åtminstone inte mycket, åtminstone inte hårt. Kommer du ihåg? Då vi fortfarande kunde skratta, le på ett äkta vis. Jag tänker på det ibland. Det smärtar. För aldrig har du väl varit. Längre bort. Från mig.
Old 04-27-2002, 02:51 AM   #19
hilma86

Sting

I can`t wait...i just cant... over 200 days...<BR>it`s a hell and I can`t even see the TTT-trailer!!! I`m so sad <P>How many times are you gonna see it?
Old 04-27-2002, 11:59 AM   #20
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

i was reading on another thread 'Boromir is Back' that there are additional scenes being added to both TTT and ROTK. if that is so, then i can wait for the enhanced movies.
Old 04-27-2002, 01:00 PM   #21
Eärendil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Amlih - I am going to see it at least as many times as I saw FOTR in the cinemas - 7.
Old 04-28-2002, 06:55 AM   #22
hilma86

Question

I`ve seen it 5 times... but I know that i will see TT at least 6 times...or 7...or 8...<BR> <BR>I wonder is the end of Rotk as sad in the film like it was in the book...<P>(Saying again: DONT mind my bad english!!)<BR>
Old 04-29-2002, 07:43 AM   #23
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Cimmerian has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Cimmerian
Sting

TTT NOW! YEAH....Eowyn's in it!<BR>EOWYN ! EOWYN !EOWYN ! EOWYN ! EOWYN !<BR>EOWYN ! EOWYN !EOWYN ! EOWYN ! EOWYN !<BR>EOWYN ! EOWYN !EOWYN ! EOWYN ! EOWYN !<BR>EOWYN ! EOWYN !EOWYN ! EOWYN ! EOWYN !<BR>EOWYN ! EOWYN !EOWYN ! EOWYN ! EOWYN !<BR>EOWYN ! EOWYN !EOWYN ! EOWYN ! EOWYN !
Old 04-29-2002, 10:45 AM   #24
Maikadilwen
Summoner of Lost Souls

Sting

Uhm.... Cimmerian do I get this right???? You are crazy about Legolas????
Old 04-29-2002, 11:03 AM   #25
Voronwen Amatiriel Cuile
Pile O'Bones

Voronwen Amatiriel Cuile has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Voronwen Amatiriel Cuile
Sting

<B>GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR</B> OK, as you can see, i share the cruel torture. the preveiw releived me for barely all of the 4 minutes it lasted (if it was even really that long). fortunatly, though, i was spared the torment for fotr because i did not know about the movie until only a short while b4 it came out. but TTT, that's different... do you think if we all pretend to die out of longing PJ will release it faster?
Old 04-29-2002, 11:23 AM   #26
Maikadilwen
Summoner of Lost Souls

Sting

Honestly? NO!!! PJ is the great eye and therefore just as cruel and malicious as Sauron himself. <p>[ April 29, 2002: Message edited by: Maikadilwen ]
Old 04-29-2002, 12:59 PM   #27
Eärendil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Sounds very right yeah....
Old 05-01-2002, 01:18 AM   #28
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Cimmerian has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Cimmerian
Sting

Crazy about Legolas ???? <BR> Sure Why not...
Old 05-01-2002, 02:20 AM   #29
Araen
Haunting Spirit

Araen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Can't wait..... I could wait 5 months, not 8. I need to see it as my family is gettting tierd of me asking, "Is it December yet?" every day. but I'll just have to suck it up and wait. AGH
"Where is the horse and the rider, where is the horn that was blowing, they have passed like rain on the mountains, like wind in the meadow, the days are damned in the west? behind the hills? there are shadows... "
Araen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2002, 10:57 AM   #30
NinjaFerret
Animated Skeleton

NinjaFerret has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to NinjaFerret
Sting

Ok everyone, here's the plan;<P>(1) Find out where PJ lives.<BR>(2) Get a large group of all of us fanatically obssessed ...um... well, fans, I guess...<BR>(3) We all converge at his house and have a sit-in on his lawn (or driveway or whatever happens to be outside). Lots of ale, food, songs, LotR readings, discussions on LotR, etc. <BR>(4) At a signal, we rush his house and chant something like "2, 4, 6, 8, "The Two Towers" release is too late!" <BR>(5) We assume that the cops would come.<BR>(6) Lie flat on the ground, continue chanting, and if they want us to leave they have to carry us.<BR>(7) We disband but then meet up the next day one hour later to repeat the chants. <P>I'm just kidding; probably this wouldn't work anyway, but it is funny to think about. <P>May your luck exceed the stench of your oxters.
Old 05-02-2002, 11:07 AM   #31
Araen
Haunting Spirit

Araen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

NinjaFerret.. LOL
"Where is the horse and the rider, where is the horn that was blowing, they have passed like rain on the mountains, like wind in the meadow, the days are damned in the west? behind the hills? there are shadows... "
Araen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2002, 11:48 AM   #32
Eärendil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Yaaahooww! I´m coming Ninjaferret!!!
Old 05-02-2002, 02:28 PM   #33
Ugluk

Sting

What do you mean it wouldnt work!!!! Its the best plan! I say we organise it soon! But dont forget to invite the cast around for the ale etc !!!! That would be the icing on the cake!
Old 05-02-2002, 03:32 PM   #34
NinjaFerret
Animated Skeleton

Sting

If someone actually set this up, I would BE there! Unfortunately, I am swamped w/ schoolwork, and I start my job on June 3... so I do not have the time to do the necessary research. We could hold a protest the night of the TTT premiere in NY... protesting about the third one, of course.
Old 05-02-2002, 03:34 PM   #35
NinjaFerret
Animated Skeleton

Sting

If anyone is REALLY doing it, I'd be glad to help. <P>May your luck exceed the stench of your oxters.
Old 05-03-2002, 02:57 AM   #36
Eärendil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Oh, if someone would arrange it, I would try very hard to come! Though, it is quite a way from Sweden to US....
Old 05-03-2002, 03:25 AM   #37
Maikadilwen
Summoner of Lost Souls

Sting

If someone would pay the ticket I'd grab my dear neighbour Eärendil by the hand and we'd be there right away. Well, maybe if we just start the chanting now, it would be noticed anyway. I mean, if people all over the world suddenly start an act like this, it has to be noticed, right? <p>[ May 03, 2002: Message edited by: Maikadilwen ]
Old 05-03-2002, 04:17 PM   #38
ElanorGamgee
Shade of Carn Dûm

ElanorGamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Remember, patience is a virtue...<P>Alright, I admit it, I can't wait! Oh, well, the DVD release in August will help me with the wait. Three more months...
Old 05-03-2002, 04:32 PM   #39
Eärendil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Yeah, you´re right, Elanor .<BR>*Must cope, must cope....*
Old 05-03-2002, 04:58 PM   #40
Gimli Son Of Gloin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Gimli Son Of Gloin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

ay yi yi yi yi yi yi! Its not the end of the world people!!!(however close it may be) I used to be a Star Wars freak. (I still sort of am)I got interested when I was four, 8 years ago, imagine have to wait 6 years for episode one. I heard roumors when I was about 7, 5 years ago. I waited for 3 whole years before episode one came out. I am still waiting for episode two. So lighten up everyone, read the series again, you can do it.